All hotels in South Lake Tahoe, California, United States of America
4075 Manzanita Ave, South Lake Tahoe, CA, 96150, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"avalon lodge is the bomb.com!!!!! :)"
It was really nice, peaceful and quite. Their Customer service was perfect. We go to Tahoe 4 to 5 times out of the year and I think we cound a new place we like Thanks for your hospitality and a great time
2 night romance trip Jun 19, 2015
Jon
"Moldy Allergy Nightmare"
Booked this room for a romantic birthday weekend. It was definitely not worth 169.00 (which with tax and resort fees comes up to about 200.00 per night). The room smelled musty / moldy. It was dimly lit with a electric fireplace and ceiling fan. Beds were decent. Pillows were too firm for my liking. We both had neck troubles as a result. Breakfast was oatmeal and strawberry compote (stewed strawberries), banana bread, apple juice, coffee & tea. We had to go request toilet paper because there was no extra roll in the room. Not a horrible place to stay but definitely not even close to being worth the money paid.
2 night romance trip Jun 12, 2015
"Getaway"
Great room, comfortable, great location
2 night romance trip May 15, 2015
"A Great Time"
We were in Tahoe for a wedding. While the hotel is older, it was in great condition. We were impressed with the cleanliness. But, most importantly, the staff was wonderful. They were open and friendly and eager to help in any way. They offered suggestions for dining and day trips, they greeted us with a smile. The coffee IS good! The continental breakfast was typical; oatmeal, juice, breads. There is a nicely functioning hot tub, and a firepit!
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice Affordable Romantic Getaway!"
The Avalon is a very nice, quite, and clean lodge with an updated "cabin" like feel. Its very cozy, the location is great, and they allow dogs! Great little place at South Shore.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Great hotel in Tahoe"
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Avalon. The room was clean and the gas fireplace was a nice touch. I also liked the breakfast. When trying to book the room I tried to call Avalon and no one answered. I figured it wasn't a big deal and booked anyway. Once we arrived we needed to ask the front seat something and once again couldn't get anyone to answer.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
Becca
"Cute hotel, conveniently located"
The staff was great, the breakfast was pretty minimal and there wasn't enough hot water
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
julie
It was great. Until the office worker went crazy. Was cussing and throwing things around. The police were called he got so bad.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
"Cozy and comfortable room"
The hotel room was nice and clean. The beds are comfortable. The coffee press in the room made a great cup of joe. The hotel is a short walk away from the Heavely gondolas and shops.
2 night romance trip Jan 17, 2015
"Pretty lousy place"
I booked a room with 2 queen beds but during checkin I was told there was no availability and that hotels.com didn't give them the correct info. Not sure what that even means. They promised to move me out but nothing happened. There was no continuous running hot water in the shower and this was in December!!!! I overheard the receptionist saying that the plumbing is from the 40s and they are aware of it. The breakfast was also pretty lousy. The only good thing about this place is its location. I wouldn't stay here again.
3 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"The Avalon Lodge is our hotel of choice in Tahoe"
This is a really nice place, the people are nice and helpful, and it's not expensive. We've stayed at lots of places in south lake tahoe and while some look similar to the Avalon Lodge none of them can hold a candle to them. The service alone makes it worth it. They are genuinely nice.
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2014
Anthony
"Great place"
for the accommodations and location, the price was a great deal. Front desk staff was excellent
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Coby
"The overall stay was OK. Room was very comfortable"
The room was very quaint and comfortable. I loved that the heater was a fireplace. I also loved that I was able to board my dog with me. It seemed that this was the place to stay with pets, because everyone staying there had dogs. The hotel is located very close to the main street where all the shops and restaurants are located. Heavenly Gondola is located only a couple minutes away walking distance. I only had two gripes. One was that I was told wifi was included with my stay, but the wifi did not work the entire time I was there (3 days). They tried to help, but in the end told me that it was probably just due to the range not going far enough to my room. Also, the hot water in the shower did not work very well. I guess that just the way it is when it is cold. I loved taking a hot shower when I got home though. Overall, a good stay. I would only stay again if it were the summer and I would probably request a room closer to the router for wifi.
Other trip Dec 5, 2014
Hotel is nicely located within a five minute walk from heavenly Village. Staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. There were minor problems with the television which were fixed upon request. The phone was not operable and that was never fixed but it didn't matter since we had our iPhones. All in all we do recommend this hotel
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Cecilia
"Not at all what you read about"
I booked from reading reviews it is not a modern feel the walls are paper thin we had to fix the running toilet ourselves over all not the expierences we were hoping for
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
california vis
"i would book again!"
only a couple blocks from casinos! room was clean. shower very nice! heater in room was a wall fireplace. cozy! only problem we had was remote wasnt working but we went to office and the girl replaced right away.
1 night romance trip Oct 11, 2014
monique
"Nice, but ..."
They practically had a price tag on everything! Amazing bed though! They did not offer Wi-Fi.
2 night family trip Oct 3, 2014
Rebecca
"Short walk to the lake & casinos"
Nice place located just behind the main drag. The friendly staff is on site 24 hrs. The office has a nice selection of snack foods, wine, etc. for purchase. I would stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Helen
"Not too shabby"
For the price the hotel was alright. It was within walking distance to the gondola and the lake which is nice. They do have oatmeal for breakfast, which was great for us. What was annoying is that since the hotel is pet friendly people bring their dogs, then leave them in the room to bark for hours and when you have a 3 mo old baby trying to sleep that can be a bit much. I would have LOVED a bath tub, but it was a trade off for a fridge I guess.
3 night trip Sep 28, 2014
"Close to Heavenly"
The rooms are reasonably comfortable, but do not have air conditioning. Thus leaving the windows open in a fairly high traffic area becomes noisey. Very limited continental breakfast but also good. The people are very helpful and friendly.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
"Lovely place"
Situated amongst dozens of similarly sized motels in south lake tahoe, this one is priced a little higher than some other ones, but the bed is very comfortable, the room is clean and nicely decorated, and you get some complimentary goodies (sherry in your room and sangria at the front desk. Breakfast is oatmeal/yoghurt and muffins. It's an old place so you'll hear your neighbors. Just drink more of the sherry.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
V
"Nice hotel close to casinos"
Very friendly staff, great location, I only wish they had air conditioning.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
"no air conditioning"
All was good but hot room in August. Cools off nice at night but hot during the day.
2 night trip Aug 7, 2014
JLK
"No air conditioning, had to leave windows open"
Windows had to be open very noisy, no remote for TV, bed was old an not comfortable, no maid service in the morning and when we came back in the afternoon for a nap the room was not attended too
"Bewildered!!!!!"
When I firs arrived to the lodge it appeared to be true to form with what was presented on the internet. I soon realize zit was false Advertisment. First and foremost, there was nooooo air condition!!!!! Not good for a temperature of 95 degrees . Secondly, the internet was down for four of the seven days I was there. I know it doesn't matter to most, but 1 iron for the whole unit just doesn't cut it for a girl. Although the person in charge (Ann), was pleasent, she just was pleasant enough to make me want to return. Too pricey for not enough amenities !
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
deborah
"It was really hot and stuffy they need ac i"
The room was nice looking great shower but it was really hot and stuffy probably won't stay there during the summer again
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
"Stay away"
I would say this was a nightmare. Firstly, the room had no conditioning and it was terribly hot. It was impossible to sleep at night. Secondly, the room was dark and the carpet was dirty. Thirdly, you can forget about the free breakfast in the morning. It offered nothing more than soggy cranberry bread and oatmeal. I would say typical cheap Days Inn has better breakfast offering. Lastly, the hotel charged extra money for each of my kids. They claim it is to keep the noise down by limiting the number of people in the room. I just don't see the logic behind that.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Travelling
"Dissappointing"
While there were some positives (friendly helpful staff and good location) I expected much more for the price of the rooms, and I didn't understand why it got such a high rating. There was no air conditioning and our upstairs room was hot. It was hard to open the window and blinds as there were people sitting right outside our room in the little sitting area and we had no privacy. Also bright lights outside the rooms were kept on all night. I would not stay there again.
1 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Would not recommend"
I was not too thrilled: asked for extra towels, never received. Maid service left us with 5 squares of toilet paper-ran out in middle of the night. (with 2 teenage girls along!) No #'s on phone so couldn't even call the front desk. NO Air conditioning-both nights I just sweat from the heat, even with windows open. Windows did not have any locking mechanisms as we were on street level-didn't feel safe. Says "Breakfast." They offer cranberry bread, vat of oatmeal, plain yogurt in a large bowl and a small bowl of cut up strawberries. Nothing was portable, so you had to eat there. Not convenient when you are running out to make an event. Mid service left the coffee pot dirty and we had a 1" bar of soap for 3 people for 3 days! For what we paid we did not get a good value.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
Unhappy...
"Nice hotel, but..."
This was an okay hotel for the price but it says free wifi and free breakfast. The wifi was very spotty and kept kicking me off. The free breakfast is not what you normally expect from a hotel. They cook breakfast once and if you aren't awake early enough to get it, you don't get any.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2014
"LOVE this place"
Homey, comfortable, open, perfect. The front desk staff was incredibly helpful and welcoming. If you want to feel at home, this is the place to be.
3 night romance trip Jun 10, 2014
"High quality at a great price"
The lodge has everything: friendly courteous staff, clean renovated rooms, comfortable beds, walking distance to the lake and casinos and a relaxing atmosphere! I've come to tahoe 10 times since Jan 14, and I can tell you its rare to find all of of these qualities in one place. Did I mention the free sangria happy hour? ;)
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
"Nice hotel close to Casinos."
I stayed 2 nights and I would stay again, due to a great experience, location, and a good price at Avalon Lodge at Stateline, So Lake Tahoe, Ca.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Carolyn
"Excellent customer service"
We were staying there for before a 100 mile bike ride around Lake Tahoe, the staff started breakfast an hour early and allowed a late check out to accommodate us at no charge. As for the hotel and room itself, both very good.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
"Not so comfortable..."
This trip was disappointing... No air conditioning.. I couldn't sleep the whole night.. We had 2 fans on us and the room was still so hot. We had to leave after 1 night, didn't want to stay for the 2nd night.. Too miserable..
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
No Air :)
"Convenient location"
The staff were very friendly! The breakfast was underwhelming. They were working hard to set up the pool for the season, but unfortunately the hot tub wasn't operating at the time of our visit. I was surprised the staff didn't have written directions (with map and mileage) to the grocery store, hikes, etc. - this would've been helpful in this vacation destination.
3 night trip May 23, 2014
"Great for the price"
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The place is quiet, and its walking distance to a couple casinos, and also to the Heavenly gondola.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Cabin like."
It was a cute little place to stay. The only thing I was disappointed about was the "fire" place. It was one of those electronic heater fire places. Other then that it was an amazing place and I would love to stay there again.
Other trip May 12, 2014
matt
"Get place to take your dogs,Great walking distance"
We made last minute plans and talked to hotels.com about several places to stay at (with 2 dogs). To be honest,we were led to believe that the hotel was better than it was. The people there were very nice and the room was nice. Our problems were the following: We were told that there would be fresh fruit with the breakfast and all it was,was chopped apples to put in the oatmeal. Also it was VERY NOISY at night. We arrived on a Friday night and after 2:00 in the morning people upstairs dragged a chair and kept us awake. Saturday night after 1 or 2 in the morning,people were stomping there feet up and down above us and kept us awake for several hours. I know these folks want to rent the rooms,but maybe remind the renters that there are dogs there and loud noises will disturb the dogs and keep everyone awake. At the prices we paid,I would have expected the hotel in a better area (it seemed somewhat ghetto).
2 night family trip Apr 4, 2014
"great location"
Great location to downtown. Quiet, clean rooms. Pleasantly surprised. Pet friendly and even had a welcome treat for our dog! Easy walk to the lake too.
2 night romance trip Mar 10, 2014
Tiffany
"Vacation rental"
Heating antiquated, hard to control temperature. Beds older and too soft. Room very musty, hard to breathe. Stayed one night, payed for two, no refund for second night . We would never stay there again
2 night business trip Mar 3, 2014
Allan
"Met our needs and expectations"
Went to South Lake Tahoe for three days of skiing late February. The Lodge accepts pets (20 Dollars per day), which was a prerequsite for us. Walking distance to Heavenly Village, Gondola, and Restaurants. Quiet neighborhood, close to the Lake and Casinos. Nourishing simple breakfast included. Easy Internet access. Fair price.
Other trip Mar 1, 2014
"Awesome hotel experience!"
Ask for Ralph his customer service was exceptional .. my husband and I needed last minute (12:00 am) a place to stay (pet friendly accommodation BIG PLUS) Ralph accommodated us with all are needs .. This place is top of the line in my are book! :)
Other trip Feb 8, 2014
"Nice hotel between beach and casinos"
Nice hotel rooms, totally cozy accommodations except for the fireplace never seemed to earn the room, enough to take the chill off room, but not warm enough for me. :( and shower was all the way on hot and seemed to cool off too. The bed was really nice and the room was cozy other than that
Other trip Jan 28, 2014
"Quick overnight stay for a wedding on the beach"
Myself and a friend drove up for the night, along with my teenage daughter, so we could attend a friends wedding the next day at the beach. The lodge is an updated older builing. Very clean and cozy. Love the little woodsy acents and the tile entry in the room and the shower. The gas fireplace to keep the room warm works great and the beds were clean and comfy. Staff was very friendly and helpful and let us have a late checkout. You can tell it's an older building but they have done a nice job updating it and still keeping with Lake Tahoe feel.
Other trip Jan 20, 2014
Sheri
"Gondola"
It is conviently located two blocks from the Heavenly Village Gondola, the Avolon Lodge is a small and cozy place. No parking lot congestion.....
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
Jay
"Okay, but..."
The staff at Avalon Lodge are great. That said, the location of our room was frustrating. When I booked the room, I didn't realize that Avalon Lodge was a 2-story building. Although my wife and I were thankful for the staff providing a corner room on the ground floor (we had our 3-month old infant with us), it was very noisy because it was located right next to the stairs. Other guests were coming and going all day and night, making it difficult to relax with all of the pounding of footsteps on the stairs. Stay at Avalon Lodge. Enjoy their muddled wine. Have a good time in Tahoe. Just don't book the ground floor room at the far end of the property if you want a good night's sleep.
2 night family trip Nov 8, 2013
"Comfortable Stay"
Room was clean and bed was comfortable. The wifi network was poor, didn't have it till the next day morning. Room to room call function not working, the front desk tried to help on that but couldn't get it work. Breakfast was minimal. Overall experience was satisfactory but expected more for the price paid.
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
"Nice room + bathroom problems"
Overall room was good. Bed was fine. Hotel overall is old that has had remodel. Bathroom very cold and shower did not work properly. They attempted to fix but did not really work. Fridge failed and they replaced. Staff very friendly and helpful.
5 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Andy
"Horrible Place - Cave Dark Cold"
Not friendly, good for cave dwellers.
1 night romance trip Nov 22, 2013