All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2423 1st Ave, Seattle, WA, 98121, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Interesting place"
When I checked in was told I had a shared bath. My printed reservation did not show that + in order 2 get my own bath had to pay $80 more. Desk clerk insisted it was on the "booking" page. Then when I asked @ the parking lot next 2 hotel which was a reasonable cost he said the hotel used a lot 2 blocks away for 3 times as much. Hotel does not have elevator but I did get help with luggage when I checked in. Many stairs. Breakfast was good.
Other trip Apr 10, 2014
"Ace gets all A's!"
This is a small boutique hotel with a very funky and minimalistic decor throughout. Location is perfect as you can walk to restaurants, bars, bakeries, shopping, etc. The rooms were very clean and the shared bathrooms were always super clean. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. I am going back to Seattle in 9 months and will most definitely be staying at Ace Hotel again!! Thank you!!
3 night romance trip Apr 2, 2014
"Words can't describe the beauty"
Had one of my best times in Seattle ever mainly thanks to this hotel. Places to go recommendations, great chill breakfast, and out standing customer service! Have recommended it to a ton of people already.
2 night business trip Mar 21, 2014
Derek Frigaard
"Nice Relief from Conference"
I stayed at Ace while in Seattle for a conference at the big convention center on Pike; Ace was a nice distance away where I could take different routes each day, see something a little new. It is a mixture of AirBnb vibe, affordable boutique hotel, significantly nicer hostel and the personality that makes you forget you are at a hotel.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
"Don't miss making Waffles for breakfast"
Not my favorite neighborhood style And I not fond of not having a bathroom in my room but I knew that beforehand. I prefered the Portland, Oregon Ace better..more lively! The Seattle hotel did nothing wrong- it wasn't them- hotel is spotless and comfortable beds but not for me
1 night trip Feb 24, 2014
Brenda
the bed was very comfortable but the pillows were low quality.
2 night business trip Feb 24, 2014
"College flashback?"
Pros: Great places to eat in neighborhood, friendly staff. Cool design - think luxe hostel with a nod to Seattle's grunge heritage. Solid breakfast. Cons: Shared bathrooms, lots of noise and drunk people outside my window, and copious amounts of some other woman's hair all over my sheets....like a flashback to college, or something.
3 night business trip Feb 3, 2014
"good rates and location"
My stay at Ace was great. The staff were kind and helpful. The rooms are small, but comfy. Breakfast was excellent. The free wifi was nice, but the connection was too slow. Shared bathrooms were OK, almost always clean, but water pressure was too low and it was hard to control water temperature. I think shared bathrooms are a great idea, but mediocre showers? No.
6 night business trip Jan 14, 2014
Ignacio
"excellent hotel!!"
This hotel is excellent. Clean, friendly staff, free breakfast, nice environment!! Definitely returning to ace hotel!!
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
evelyn
"Great Location and a Fun Hotel"
Ed at the front counter was very nice. The complimentary breakfast was great as well. Fun place.
4 night trip Jan 8, 2014
"We loved it here!"
The Ace was a great place to stay! The staff was very friendly and helpful, the location and surrounding neighborhood was a lot of fun, and the shared bathrooms were far better than I had expected. Be sure to inquire at the front desk about special parking rates (I wish we had done this first, we ended up paying almost $40 for a little over 10 hours in a lot). The breakfast was pretty standard except for the waffle station that was very good (my husband was very excited about this) and the coffee from Stumptown Coffee Roasters was excellent. There were lots of independent local reading materials in the lobby, much more interesting than your typical city guide you get in most hotels. The only negative thing I could say is the walls were a bit thin but that's kind of to be expected in a building like that. It didn't really bother us, but I don't know how it would be if you were in a room facing the street. Both of the men who were working the front desk were very nice and helpful. All in all, we loved it and would definitely come back!
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Anna
"Class act"
The Ace staff is awesome and the rooms are comfy and classy. We stayed in the room with its own bathroom and it was very nice.
1 night trip Nov 14, 2013
PJ
"First time at The ACE & will return!"
I took my very first trip alone to Seattle & I was so glad I chose to stay at The ACE Hotel. The hotel, while small, is stylish and I can't think of any complaints. It is located in Belltown & was walkable to everything. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They suggested places to visit and eat and I was impressed that they took the time to learn my name. I stayed in room 118. I loved my room! It was warm & inviting. I loved the little simple touches: from the artwork of local artists to the Survival Guide. My bed was super comfortable & I found it hard to get up in the mornings. Now that I think of it, the only complaint I have is that the hair dryer plug didn't fit the socket in the bathroom (it was loose)...so I had to dry my hair in front of the tv instead of the bathroom. Other than that, no complaints. I can't wait to stay at The ACE again & would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends.
"Loved it!"
Ace was absolutely perfect for a simple couple who wants to walk and explore! We didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel, but when we did it was exactly what we needed. I'm a designer and greatly appreciated the entire aesthetic of the hotel- loved the community aspect and adored the locally sourced products like soap and shampoo. Only ever staying here when I go to seattle!
4 night trip Nov 14, 2013
Crystal
"Unique downtown hotel"
Very unique and artistic place to stay. Community feeling. Perfect location. Only complaint is street and bar noise at night.
Other trip Nov 11, 2013
ks wil
"Urban oasis for single traveler"
Had a fantastic stay at Ace while in Seattle for business. The service was top notch, room was hip and modern but full of historic charm, and the location was prime time for experiencing Seattle food and fancies. As a solo traveler, I felt safe and comfortable. I stayed Friday through Monday and did get a bit of noise from the street, but fortunately the room was equipped with earplugs to address this issue (note the walls are thin as it is an older building so, despite earplugs, I wasn't spared from my neighbor's sawing logs in the wee hours). Internet connection wasn't great from my room (104) but was fine when I switched rooms (112) during my last night. The breakfast was very nice with hot, fresh waffles and a selection of cereals, fruit, etc. I will absolutely stay here again and will recommend it to friends. I look forward to trying other Ace hotels when I travel. Thanks, Ace, for a memorable stay!
2 night business trip Oct 25, 2013
Sasha
"I was skeptical -- not anymore!"
I was a bit apprehensive about the "shared bathroom" situation, but there is actually total privacy. There are 5 individual restrooms (with really nice bath products BTW) that are down the hall. This is not a hostel-type set up. My room felt like a bedroom, with great touches like a stereo, tea candle, sink w locally-made soap in the room, and you can even check out a DVD player and DVDs at the front desk. Location is amazing! Easy walk to anything in downtown Seattle, and staff was really helpful pointing me in the right direction for food/drinks. Oh, and coffee and breakfast were really good.
2 night business trip Oct 22, 2013
"LOVED it"
We were so pleased with our stay at Ace Hotel. We were in town to see a show at the Key Arena and stayed one night. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the location perfect and it was very clean. Bathroom & showers were down the hall but it was no big deal - very urban. I think I'll check out the Ace Hotel in Portland!
1 night trip Oct 20, 2013
Sam
"Nice, unique atmosphere but not noise proof"
First of all the bathroom outside wasn't a problem for us as we liked having a larger room. The design of the entire place is reason to stay here and is probably the reason why many choose this hotel. We highly enjoyed our stay here, but the only problem was the lack of sound proofing. We heard music fairly loud until 11am when it unexpectedly shut off, so it wasn't a huge problem overall. Would we come back? The answer is yes.
Other trip Oct 21, 2013
Ronald
"Cozy room in a fun location"
I love that Ace provides breakfast and that it's on actually dishes rather than disposable plates! Our room was compact but clean and nice. The staff was super helpful and accommodating. You need to pay for street or other parking, as there is not a lot for the hotel. Parking wasn't inaccessible or too expensive. I liked the architecture and style of the hotel and look forward to trying other Ace properties.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2013
"Great funky eclectic hotel and a great location."
Wonderful experience. The room met our expectations.
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
"Definitely worth it."
The location of Ace Hotel was great -- it was very foot-friendly to so many of the nearby attractions (ex: Pike's or Seattle Art Museum.) I booked one of the standard rooms -- shared bath, which was pretty well worth the price. Everything was pretty clean and very well taken care of. The only downside to this hotel was that it got kinda noisy at night on saturday (my room was right above the bar downstairs) so I could overhear drunken conversations. Aside from that small complaint -- it was great!! I would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2013
Jen
"Great neighborhood and helpful staff"
We stayed at Ace Hotel for two nights while we were in town for a baseball game. Our room looked like a really hip dorm room, complete with an offering of organic snacks. The staff was super helpful- they lent us two umbrellas and helped us with directions to get around town. I was nervous about the idea of shared bathrooms but it was nothing like the YMCA shower experience I anticipated. Each bathroom is a self contained unit with its own toilet, sink and shower. The showers are all equipped with really nice toiletries from a local salon. Overall I was extremely impressed with this hotel and will definitely be staying there again if I ever make it back to Seattle.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2013
Alison
"Trendy urban hotel with friendly staff."
This was my second time staying at the Ace Hotel and the experience was very positive. The room was towards the inside on the main floor and was spacious, comfortable and clean. The hotel serves a great breakfast, with soy milk , granola, coffee and some non-vegan options I don't care to mention. The staff is quite friendly and helpful and the room had an air conditioner which helped cool down the room on some warm nights. The bathrooms were shared but quite clean with the exception of long hairs on the floor (a peeve of mine).
Other trip Sep 29, 2013
Hugo
"Loved it!"
Ace is awesome. Service was above and beyond. The rooms are nice and have character. Location is great for checking out Seattle. Can't wait to stay there again.
1 night romance trip Aug 20, 2013
"Close to Everything"
Staff very friendly. Room was clean and comfy. Everything is 5 to 10 minute walk.I would recommend this hotel, I will be back!!
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013
stan
"Neat hotel"
This is not your usual hotel. Most rooms don't have a bathroom. The bathrooms are private however. There are like 5 bathrooms complete with shower that you can lock the door behind you and have them to yourself. The hotel was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly. I don't know if I would want to spend a week here but it was wonderful for a couple nights. I would come back here anytime. My only complaint which could be a positive depending on how you look at it was the bar downstairs played music until 1am. It was a little hard to fall asleep. But "there is a bar downstairs!!" Enjoy this experience.
Other trip Sep 21, 2013
"Nice hotel but noisy front window facing street!"
I stayed in this hotel overnight during a one night stay. I was just looking for a place to sleep so I could get going to Vancouver in the morning. I was pleased with the hotel and staff but the room I stayed in was at the very front of the building and it was quite noisy. I am generally not bothered by noise (a train goes by my living room window where I live) but there were too many different kinds of noises for my body to ignore it (i.e. people playing instruments, ambulances, screaming teens). After midnight it quieted down and I that's when I finally fell asleep. If the window were closed I'm sure it would have been an issue but there is no air-conditioning and it was a bit warm. The free breakfast was good and checkout was a breeze.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
"Nice hotel, close to pike market and space needle"
The breakfast was nice with DIY waffle. However the room is not quite sound proof, with vehicle noise coming from outside while some walking in upstairs room, the noise is big.
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
nicole
"Nice hotel, but loud"
I had a good time at this hotel - it is centrally located and much cheaper than the chain-hotel alternatives. Rooms are hipster and comfortable, and the shared bathrooms were fine. Avoid a room at the front though - I was put in a room at the corner of the main street on a Friday night, and it was very hard to sleep with the noise of the street below. Breakfast was awesome (waffles!) and there is coffee and chilled water available all day.
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
Phil
"Great deal"
I had a fantastic stay at the Ace. The room I was assigned was in the front of the hotel, and I was concerned about noise. Although there wasn't another room available that night, but the front desk staff graciously helped me move the next day (even though the noise hadn't been a problem). Rooms are simple but impeccably clean. Walkable neighborhood. Only recommendation would be to air out the rooms on hot days, because it was almost unbearable when I arrived and found the windows closed and sun streaming in.
2 night business trip Jul 26, 2013
Liz
"Great central location. We walked to everything!"
Excellent attentive staff. We had a nice time. Sharing the bathroom was no biggie. The bathrooms were spacious and you had a whole room to yourself.
Other trip Aug 15, 2013
Carla
"Perfect for a Short Stay-Over in Seattle!"
Had a wonderful time and this hotel's location could not have been better--walking distance to Pike's Market, Space Needle, water front, restaurants, etc. We ate and sipped coffee regularly at the Macrinia Bakery and Cafe which is almost directly across the street from the hotel. The hotel staff was incredibly helpful and kind. If you want an offbeat place (slightly funky) place to stay in a central location, I would stay here.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Becky from Sacto
"great location! fun hotel!"
lovely little room, very clean, bathrooms were clean, good breakfast, helpful staff
Other trip Jul 31, 2013
"Ace Hotel - AWESOME!!!"
I was at Ace Hotel for 3 Days/4 Nights. Ace was awesome! The staff was great! Everyone was willing to help. Breakfast wasn't bad either; waffles, yogurt, breads/bagels, juice, milk, every morning. The also have a laundry mat onsite. Room was great for 1-2 people, that only want to sleep & shower. I wasn't in my room a lot, but when I was, it was nice/cool. LOVED the WW2 Army/Navy theme. Really great that there are only 28 rooms, didn't have to worry about crowds. Only bad thing, no elevator or parking area.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
Lindsay
"Close to all"
The room was great, common spaces were clean and well stocked.
1 night trip Jul 16, 2013
AJ
Had some of the best customer service from this hotel front desk. The locale of the hotel is not as conducive to mass transit from the airport, but when you get there, you can walk everywhere--we never used mass transit once (unless you count the water taxi to West Seattle). Rooms are small and clean--my boyfriend thought this place resembled more of hostel than a hotel, but the rooms were really quite "cool" as they used a lot of recycled materials: feature wall with pages from an old dictionary, plumbing fixtures used on the shelves. Rooms included a Brita filter and glass jar with cotton balls and Q-tips (nice touches!). Bathrooms were always available and kept clean as well. Continental breakfast (with very, very tasty make-your-own waffles) was provided each morning (free)--the coffee (local producer) was very good, too. Ace Hotel is a good place for 2, maybe 3 nights, but would start to feel a little claustrophobic beyond that. Still, an overall great place.
3 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Ed is great!"
We really enjoyed staying at the hotel. The only issue we had was that it got warm in the room since we did not have an AC unit but we were able to mitigate it pretty well by opening the room door and the window and getting a nice cool draft to flow through. The best part of our stay was Ed who worked the front desk and was absolutely great. He helped us plan out where to go at night, arranged a town car to take us to the airport at 4 in the morning. The best part was on our last night they upgraded us to a room that had ac and bathroom in the room. I don't know the next time I will be in Seattle but I would definitely look to stay here again.
4 night trip Jun 27, 2013
michael
"Within walking distance to anything and everything"
Loved this boutique style hotel! Great breakfast (must try the waffles!), great coffee and tea, clean bathrooms, fun rooms, amazingly helpful staff. Only downfall was the noise of people talking outside on the street at night. Now I know why they had earplugs for use in the room! Besides that, I would still come back to this hotel again. Great value and within walking distance to restaurants, shops, the sculpture museum, pike's place market, and the space needle. You can walk everywhere. Can't wait to come back!
1 night trip Jun 23, 2013
"Excellant in place to stay."
A real retro throw back place. Not your normal place, but with a great location.
Other trip Jun 17, 2013
WAYNE
"Best way to experience Seattle!"
I've been wanting to stay at one of the Ace properties for a few years now, and staying at the Seattle location exceeded my expectations! We stayed two nights before heading to Vancouver Island for a friend's wedding. Never having visited Seattle, I'd say the location was absolutely perfect for casual sightseeing and great neighborhood restaurants and bars. The guys at the front desk were ridiculously kind and helpful, and had suggestions from late night bars to jogging paths. We had a deluxe room and were upgraded to a king. Love love loved the decor and revolving mirror that served as bathroom door. Great toiletries as well. I'd definitely spring for the private bath if you can, but the shared ones looked clean and secure as well. Overall I absolutely loved our stay here, and can't imagine wanting to go to any other hotel in Seattle in the future!
2 night trip Jun 5, 2013
MS
"Best Location & Super Hipster (Good Thing)"
We took a chance staying here knowing our room wouldn't have a bathroom, but it turned out to be a GREAT choice! We were so perfectly located, I'm surprised all the other hotels were in the middle of the skyscrapers. Belltown was my favorite, and I feel so lucky where we stayed. I definitely recommend this hotel if you will be taking the ferry to Victoria - literally 2ish blocks away!! Great coffee & the best sushi nearby. The front desk guy was SO helpful!!! I can't wait to try the other 3 Ace Hotels.
Other trip Jun 11, 2013
Claire
Great location! Simple and creative rooms. We had a shared bath, which made the price very reasonable for the location. The staff was very helpful and friendly, very good experience.
1 night trip May 30, 2013
Rick P.
"Such a great place to stay"
The room was clean and in a great location, we could walk everywhere that we wanted to go, the staff was wonderful, very friendly and knowledgeable!!! I will stay there for every trip to Seattle!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
"super fun and funky"
Great staff, great rooms and amenities. Fun neighborhood. Only drawback was the streetlight shining into my room all night. Didn't see the blackout drapes until the morning. I will stay there again.
1 night business trip May 30, 2013
"2 blocks from cruise ship"
Staff was very friendly!! Did not realize hotel was located on 2nd floor w/ no elevator, but no worries. As soon as we arrived, front desk ran down the steps and carried our luggage up. So much appreciated after a very long flight. Little noisy at night, but what else would you expect?
1 night trip May 18, 2013
Elverto & Bubbles
"Great, as usual!"
I love staying at the Ace! Snappy decor, breakfast, friendly staff. Always so good.
1 night romance trip May 25, 2013
"Such a fun place to stay!"
The Ace was such a fun place to stay! The room was adorable & clean. The bathrooms being down the hall freaked me out at first but they were so clean & nice it was not a issue at all. The breakfast was great & it was close to shopping and in the heart of Belltown. I highly recommend The Ace.
1 night trip May 25, 2013