All hotels in Bellevue, Ohio, United States of America

Service is poor
    Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Poor vibe
"Set your expectations low if staying here"
Reserved room with king bed. Got a room with double beds and was told the king bed was an upgrade. Electrical outlet in bathroom didn't work. Stains on both chairs in room so bad you didn't want to sit on them. When reservation was made the pet charge was $10/night. Hotel wanted to charge $20-25/night. Desk clerk and cleaning lady were nice. Manager wanted to charge us for as much as he could.
2 night family trip Jan 21, 2016
"Do Not Stay Here!!!!!"
I will not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was not very clean, the shower didn't work and several of the outlets wasn't working either. I was told at check-in that if the lights didn't come on that the breaker is right to the right of the door just flick that and the lights will come on.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
We had a great time. The hotel was wonderful. It was about 20-30 min drive to cedar point from them. I would stay there again on our next trip to cedar point
2 night romance trip Jul 31, 2015
Jeffery
Perfect for Cedar Point.
2 night romance trip Jul 24, 2015
Valerie
"Motel of last resort."
The place was filthy, AC didn't really work because even the carpet was slightly moist. There were stains on the comforter, and stains all over the carpet. The amount of money I paid, for staying in such filthy conditions is ridiculous.
Other trip Jul 17, 2015
"Would not stay there again"
When we got there they sent us to a room that was already occupied but found us another one.!!! and we didn't realize it until we got home there was some items stolen from the rear of our pickup truck during the night
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2015
jesse
"THIS PLACE STUNK !!!!!"
The only motel in town. I had no choice. It was not secure. The sliding window (ground floor) could not be locked....ANYBODY could have come in. I had to barricade myself in with stacked chairs. The bathroom light did not work. I waited for the repair guy to show up and finally fixed it myself as well as the air conditioner It was a smoking room but I had to go back to the front desk and ask for ashtrays. The REAL insult is when I found a copy of the Muslim KORAN in the nightstand instead of a bible. NEVER AGAIN !!!! I checked out 2 days early due to a death in my family and I had to get back to Oklahoma. They REFUSED to refund the balance !!! I will not only ever stay there again but I will no longer deal with Hotels.com !!!
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2015
"Great for anyone on a budget"
Not bad for the price - older facility but very clean. I would stay here again.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
"indoor pool closed"
lousy coffe no breakfast couldn't find reservation
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
Close to track for event I was attending.
2 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
Dennis
"NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!"
I booked our room online it said I could have a rollaway bed we had three adults and two teenage boys. When I arivedbi had to pay a $30 fee to check in at noon instead of 3pm. When we got to our room there was no roll away bed when I questioned that they said there would be another $20 fee. The bath room was mildewed in the tub the tile the shower curtain. The beds were as hard as sleeping on the floor and so were the pillows. After spending almost two hundred dollers on a room that was only supposed to be $95 it should atleast be clean. I will NEVER NEVER again book with that hotel EVER!!!!!!
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
elizabeth
"Not bad"
Not a bad experience well kepted
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
"Horrible hotel DO NOT STAY"
We lost over $500.00 because of this horrible hotel. The place is so filthy you wouldn't let your dog stay there. They refuse to refund even though we were there for 10 minutes.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
Traveler
"Bed bugs"
This hotel has bed bugs. Do not stay here. This is not a joke. My boyfriend and I left in the middle of the night, because of this. They did not even seem too worried about the bed bugs once pointed out, so this leads me to believe they have this problem all the time. Please do not waste your time or money here. I wish I would have known at booking what I know now it would have saved us the trouble of disinfecting all of our belonging, and allowed is to book somewhere else.
2 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Terrible hotel stay!"
Absolutely horrible stay! Wasn't ready by check in time, awful customer service! Dirty towels left in bathroom, a/c unit falling out of wall, no toilet paper, cob webs all over, charged us too much for what it had to offer! Paid $96 for a room that shouldn't have been no more than $40 a night!! Not happy at all!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Dirty hotel and unfriendly staff."
The hotel was filthy w used soap in the bathroom. When we immediately asked for our money back the manager, Jay, was belligerent and rude. We left without a refund. Would never recommend!
Other trip Jun 8, 2014
"Would have given it a zero if possible!"
The first room we were given smelled like it had not been used or cleaned in ages, after airing it out I pulled back the blanket to find a black mass of seed or tiny egg shells we called the front desk and after waiting for at least 20 minutes the guy came to show us different rooms. He swore the room had to have been cleaned since they just opened that building back up for the season. The second room was a little better except for the cigarette butt found on the floor under the single chair, and the crack in the tub floor that would pinch my foot when I accidentally stood on it. The mattresses were way to hard, I would have been better off sleeping in my vehicle!
Other trip Jun 2, 2014
Debbie
"Horrible hotel"
I was very disappointed when I arrived. The main lobby smelled musty. Online it stated there was a pet deposit, which I was prepared to pay but when it was time to pay that it turned out to be double. So I finally get the key to my room and upon entering I was appalled. The floor hadn't been swept, crumbs everywhere like a kid was smashing chips into the carpet. Then it was dusty with a moldy unclean coffee pot. This place was disgusting. I called the front desk and they sent housekeeping but there is no reason why I had to have an unclean room. Very dissatisfied. Wish I could attach pictures, I took plenty.
1 night trip May 24, 2014
"solid, cheap place for quick overnighter"
It was a cheap room to stay in for a couple hours to get some sleep before heading home. I was in town for a wedding that ended late and didn't want to drive 2.5 hours home that night. I didn't book it expecting a palace, and I wasn't surprised. Good staff and clean rooms, just an older hotel. Bring your own pillow (theirs are like sleeping on a roll of carpet - very tall and no give at all). I usually bring my own pillow and I really regretted forgetting it this time.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
We were upset cause when w searched and looked at the hotel it said that Bellevue hotel and suites had a fitness center, and when we got there there was no fitness center. Also the ice machine doesn't work went to get ice and nothing was coming out all week.
4 night business trip Aug 26, 2013
I will never stay there again. Looks like only three people run this place. Breakfast was bad no milk stale cereal watered down juice , no good parking. I had to eat out . No one around to get fresh towels or nothing . I wasted my money on this place. I've gotten better places for the money I spent here. NEVER NEVER will I go there. Very Dissappointed
2 night trip Aug 16, 2013
"1950's Style"
This hotel had not been updated for years! It's layout of the hotel grounds was the strangest I'd ever seen. We drove around, parked three different times before we figured out which doorway to enter to find our room. I was frightened by the sound of people serenading each other in the pool room on our search for our room. It was 1:00 in the morning so apparently the pool is an "all nighter." We were ready to vacate at dawn.
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
"Cheaper hotel near Sandusky, OH"
When you book a cheap(er) hotel you're not looking for fancy accommodations but you want a clean, comfortable room. You don't care if the gardens are not groomed or abandoned and you don't care that the hall rugs are not cleaned. While at this motel the rooms are comfortable and clean when you arrive they do not get cleaned afterwards unless you go to the front desk and complain. Even promises of cleaning do not always occur but if you are persistent the room finally gets clean. Once mine was cleaned after my complaints around 8PM. The front desk is friendly if inefficient. They promise to clean, claim their records say the room was cleaned and express surprise that it was not cleaned. Friendly persistence gets the room cleaned.
Other trip Aug 22, 2013
Jerry
"terrible place"
Was charged a price on hotels.com when I got there to check in charged additional $44.00. Matteress are hard as rock. Very dirty place. Dont recomend
1 night business trip Aug 17, 2013
"My stay was terrible the rooms where not clean"
the rooms where not clean, the first room thy put me in was so nasty the toilet boil was on the floor beside the toilet set, the room smelled staight up like smoke, pill bottles, cereal box and hygiene items where left in the room. Cob webs in the room, a hole in the wall i felt like i was going to fall through the tub my skin was just crawling all night. The swimming pool water was dirty and there was an cup in the pool. I would never go back to this hotel and i would not advice any one else. Also no one told me the time breakfast starts or ends.
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Layde E
"Nice and quiet."
Nice, clean, reasonably priced. The staff was pleasant and the hotel was located in a central but quiet area.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
"Pictures on the Internet are misleading."
The carpet in the room was dirty, the sheets had black stains on them. The pool was nasty & the hot tub was cold. The staff was friendly but the hotel was awful.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"none"
horrible
1 night trip Jul 13, 2013
maid did not leave any towels 2nd day. Pillows were like cotton balls.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2013
jo
"Hotel smelled like a dirty wet sock"
Dont stay here if you want a room that has been up dated in last 25 yrs and don't mind a room that smells like a locker room
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
"Family event"
only problem had was they checked me out before the last night, but got it solved when talking to night manager
3 night trip Jul 26, 2013
"great small bed"
pillows and bed were great-service was lacks, however, access to major highways and stores were within a 15 mile run. rates were good, but if I would have booked with the hotel would have saved ten dollars$$$$.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
ed
"Below expectations"
Neither of the two ice machines were working. Only two ice machines for the whole hotel they need at least two more. The room smelled like the previoius occupant was a smoker. The low cool setting only provided a fan with no cooling. Plastered over wall damage without repainting. Limited number of TV channels maybe a total of 10 channels. They must have bought the cheapest package they could get. It would have been nice to have a table and chair in the room rather than one old single seat couch that looks like they picked up from a street side discard on trash day. It put you so low to ground it was very hard to get out of it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2013
"Not what was expected"
Wasn't great but defiantly wasn't good Fist room given haven't been cleaned and the staff was suprised when I went back to get a different room
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Not Clean at all"
The staff was friendly. The hotel itself was not clean at all. Our room had spider webbs in the shower, something that looked like vomit on the bathroom wall, burn holes in the carpet, dubri beside the bedstands, gum on the floor, very dirty windows, and the pool was very cloudy. I felt that the staff was utilizing the facilities and possibly living there??? Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2013
We were satisfied to the point that we spent another night at the hotel. We had two lightbulbs out. We told the day clerk and she said she notified maintenance but they did not replace them. The second morning there were no rolls or orange juice. According to the clerk the truck did not come in. But the important thing was the price was very good and the hotel was clean.
1 night family trip Jul 14, 2013
"Bellevue Hotel & Suite"
The hotel was a bit run down but you could tell that in its day, it was a really nice place. The room was clean but for what we paid we could have stayed in a newer hotel, closer to Cedar point. I found the bed to be ok, but my husband said he felt it was horrible. The best part was that the pool was open all night! We got in late and the whole reason for staying in a hotel was we wanted to let the kids swim so we were not in the room all night. When we found out we could stay as long as we wanted, we were sold. In short, we would stay again, but the pool hours were the deciding factor in this.
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2013
Kayla
"terrible dont stay there"
nasty dirty, too much to say.
2 night trip Jul 8, 2013
the booking especifies what amenities are included with the room,it says free Wi fi Free breakfast, you get there and there is no breakfast the only thing is coffe and is so poor quality
1 night trip Jul 4, 2013
"Worst hotel I've been to by far."
With only 1 person in front of us, it took them over thirty minutes to check us into a room. Once we got the room it was dark and gloomy literally a whole in the wall. The paint on the walls were chirping and even though it was a non smoking room it still smelled like smoke and mold. There was a whole in the wall where they stuck the air conditioner the pillows and blankets were all stained. It was just horrible. These rooms look nothing like the pictures. They promised an indoor pool and spa, all still under construction.. They made us pay extra for a breakfast that was non existent. I can honestly say this "hotel and suite" was worse than what they portray a motel to be..
Other trip Jul 6, 2013
jess
"Decent hotel room-"
On a long car trip with our dog, we chose this place to stay. We got in very late, and were greeted by a very nice man behind the front desk (possible owner?). He offered us an upgraded room- a very large room with a hot tub in it. We were very tired, and were just going to sleep and leave early in the morning. The room itself was very clean, the bed was comfortable. The hallways, however, smelled terrible. It's almost like they're part of another hotel. Overall, this place is just what is advertised. A comfortable, cheap hotel, but not somewhere I'd want to spend a lot of time at, and one I probably wouldn't stay at again unless I had my dog with me.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2013
Pete
Older hotel, but doable. Had a great Mexican place right out front. Great price and close to popular spots. Fine for a night.
Business trip Jun 10, 2013

DE

TripAdvisor reviews for Bellevue Hotel & Suites

"Kingson"
11/14/15 kingsons ohio
Very nice hotel. Good location. Not too for from sandusky ceded point. Reasonable price. Neat and clean room. Indoor pool and spa are the plus. Restaurent and bar on the premise is also very good and convenient. Hotel staff is very friendly and courteous. Internet is very very good and fast for this hotel, compare to other hotels I stayed before. The breakfast was ok. I am sure I will stay at this hotel again and again if I am in that area for any reason.
"The Nightmare of the Bellevue Hotel/Magnuson Suites in Bellevue OH"
08/26/15 John B Youngstown, Ohio
We stayed a week at this hotel due to work. We had a suite. The hotel was an older property which is supposedly being updated. The lobby looked awesome, but then again, this is the first impression of the facility. When it came to getting to our room, the outside door to get into our building was a bit rustic and beat up, not to mention, painted over many times. The door to our suite had been painted to the woodwork, so it took a bit of a shove to get it opened. From the smell, you could tell it had not been rented in some time. Stains in the carpet greeted us as we came through the door. It had a kitchenette but nothing to cook with and no plates or silverware. The vintage heating and cooling system only worked in the main room. Our private bedroom provided nothing but ample heat during our summer stay. The in room coffee pot was loaded with mold. The vintage phone in our bedroom was one of the first pushbutton phones from the early 1970's and it didn't have a cord hooked to it. Our bedroom light switch killed all of the power in the room including the vintage TV. Every pop machine at the facility has an OUT OF ORDER sign. The washer will take your money but it doesn't turn on. The dryer has been out of order for over a month. Breakfast is packaged danishes from Aldi Foods some fruit and coffee/juices. The ice machines pour water. When I did get ice, dirt and grim came out with it. Good thing I was only filling my cooler. The indoor pool looks inviting and the workout room looked good too. The public bathrooms near the pool lacked toilet paper, soap or anyway to dry your hands. Dead bugs were all over the countertops. The outdoor pool is filled in but is accessible due to the busted gate and non existent fence. This is a great place for a photo of the NO DIVING signs with a swimming pool that looks as if 7' weeds are growing out of it. One day the live in housekeeper only cleaned half of our room. Another guest told us she didn't clear their room at all. With the condition of this property, I would really have to question their definition of 'CLEAN' or 'CLEANING'. When I confronted management, he was understanding and tried to justify the service and condition of the property. Nice guy but it doesn't solve the issues of the hotel. At a $55 a night charge for a suite, so close to the Cedar Point amusement park, one would think the parking lot would be packed, but it's empty except for about a dozen cars during peak season. Locals don't have anything good to say about this hotel. I am guessing this hotel has two names because of reviews and ratings. I would also like to add that Bellevue is a very busy railroad town, so at all hours of the night you hear trains and train horns. I took the morning to take over 20 photos of the property, which I posted on my Facebook page. I had a photo competition as to which picture folks liked best. At this point they like the no diving weed pool, the water pouring out of the ice machines and the OUT OF ORDER signs on all of the pop machines best. I asked the management why the hotel had two different names. He told me it was because the hotel's name had some historical value. I highly doubt it. I suggest if you are in the area, look elsewhere for accommodations.
"Place to lay your head"
08/20/15 dafabs KHL@tg6g97tJ
Needs an updating badly. Used air condition filters left next to bed. Definitely not your four star hotel. Okay if you just need a place to lay your head for a few hours. Mexican restaurant located next door.
"Outdated and stained"
08/03/15 PAtraveler34 Akron, Ohio
Stayed one night with my family in a two room suite. It was nice to have a separate room for the kids. The room also included a stove, sink, and refrigerator. Could have been nice but it wasn't. Kitchenette cabinets were covered in finger prints. Chairs, carpet, and shower curtain were all stained. Water ran in the toilet all night long. Tiles in the shower were starting to bulge off of the walls. Would not let the kids even touch one of the remotes for the TVs. Expected two queen size beds but definitely did not get them. Room has not been renovated in decades. That I can take. Unfortunately, it was also not cleaned very well before we got there.
"Don't stay here at any price"
07/22/15 Paul M Acton, Massachusetts
we were looking for an inexpensive hotel to stay in for a short nights sleep in the middle of a 1400 mile drive. the primary Selction criteria was to be an hour west of Cleveland so that we could make our driving timing and a breakfast meeting work. we found this through Travelocity, which is normally my go to travel site, but I didn't read any reviews before booking. (too much in a hurry on the tiny phone screen for my own good) This was the least expensive hotel available, but was still $120 for what they called a suite. It was a complete disappointment: the building was a 60s vintage efficiency apartment building, converted to a hotel, but not changed in any way. The exterior door to the 8 unit building did not close or latch. The narrow stair leading up to our second floor room was dirty and smelled of both mildew and bugspray. The hall carpet appeared to have never been cleaned, or at least not in the last 10 years. The room itself was not precooled, and was near 100 inside. the carpet in the room, slightly newer, still did not show any signs of cleaning. Despite the bugspray smell, we say ants and some sort of other tiny insect wandering around the bathroom floor. The inadequate air conditioner never did cool off the one room completely and didn't have any effect on the temperature in the second room. The Lighting was inadequate and the sheets on the undersized, "full size" beds were threadbare. The hot water faucets spit air each time they were turned on, despite the presence of the electric water heater in the middle of the room. the included breakfast was convenience store Danish, frozen waffles, and coffee. overall we were glad to get going in the morning.
"Thumbs down"
07/22/15 Dick W Marion, Ohio
Satyed here two nights, never been here before. Booked room five weeks in advance. Had friends check in the night after i had , they did not book room in advance and they paid 50.00 less per night than me. Room was dirty, never changed sheets or cleaned room between nights of my stay. The breakfest was not what was addvertised. The worst place i have ever stayed, for 130.00 a night. Will never be back.
"Disgusting stay, questionable business practices."
07/01/15 Kellergirl2 Latrobe, Pennsylvania
Been coming here for 40 years. Our last stay was disgusting. Dirty, dank smelling, electrical outlets were questionable, had to hold appliance plug while using it. Put nothing on the floor. Had plastic bag over and battery pulled on smoke alarm. No bugs that I could see. Water dripping all the time. Linens were really old and thread bare. Have you see the sigh for the Mexican Restaurant? Decaying before your eyes. Air conditioner rattled Have you seen the old outdoor pool. Bed of weeds! Could not even spell name or address right what would make me think they could get the reservation dates right. Made us pay for another night because I contend they made the mistake. When I ask for a little better business attitude. Told me that was not going to happen and hang up on me. Bellevue is suppose to be trying to draw in new business. Get rid of this piece of garbage and the management and get a beautiful Holiday Inn Express built. I want to visit and keep my spending money in Bellevue. You Bellevue are making it very hard to do so. Civic leaders take pride in Bellevue start working for the changes we need to see. Cant visit if there are no rooms to rent.
"Would have booked somewhere else"
06/02/15 Jeff T Ontario, Canada
Came here as a road trip to Cedar Point. Pool is open late, which had loud people walking the floors late at night (around midnight). If I had known earlier, we could have booked some place closer to cedar point at a much cheaper rate. This hotel books additional unexpected charges, can't remember what they were for as it was last year, but the bill at the end did not make sense. Tried to call to make sense of the receipt and got some nonchalant response from the receptionist. If you're staying here planning for a cedar point trip, try to get something at a similar price closer (1-5km) away from Cedar point.
"Not bad"
04/14/15 Mittens777
So far, my stay has been nice. It isn't perfect, but its clean and quiet and thats all that matters to me. The guy at check in was a hoot, very funny and nice. Alot of the reviews say its dirty and moldy paper thin towels ect. The towels are the same as used at most hotels. As far as cleanliness its clean, everything isn't perfectly sparkling white but its most definitely clean. This is an outdated hotel and for it being outdated its in wonderful shape, we got a room with 2 beds for 50$! The pool was nice but the hot tub is broken, but I understand the economy is tough right now a hotel in a smaller city it is probably tough keeping up everyone expects flat screen tvs and perfect designer rooms...
"Absolutely awful!"
12/15/14 pdouds
i had to stay here in a pinch one night. The guy at the front desk was helpful , but then my experience with this motel went downhill big-time. The room was filthy, looked like blood on the carpet, the hair dryer shorted out when I was using it ( Sparks and all), and the sheets looked like someone had "used" them. On the positive side, at least there were no nasty bugs nibbling on me. Blah, avoid like the plague!!'