All hotels in Koloa, Hawaii, United States of America
2253 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI, 96756, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"One Night Stay"
We were very disappointed with the Outrigger and will not recommend it to anyone. The room had no air conditioning and was very uncomfortable; the windows were all screened and had wooden shutters. There were 2 ceiling fans that didn’t do much to rid ourselves of the warm sticky feeling we had from the temperature being in the mid 80’s with high humidity. When attempting to sleep we were unable to relax due to the excessive noise of cars driving by, people talking, roosters crowing at 4am and a noisy sprinkler system at 5am. We only stayed one night and were fortunate to be able to check out without being charged for our remaining 4 nights that we had reserved. We did enjoy the Kauai Coffee Plantation tour the next day before returning to Maui, where we happily spent the rest of our vacation in Hawaii.
5 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Doug and Jean
"Been here before. Always consistent."
Nice. Relaxing. Beach is good, but eroding. Not much for the 30 + folks for night life. Perhaps the Sheraton can provide some entertainment for the younger people.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
"nice condo on beach"
great experience - second time at this facility - needs a pool!!! Restaurant pretty good - Keoki's across the street is better.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
"Kauai Getaway"
The hotel was perfectly situated close to shops, which made it convenient to walk across the street for dinner and grocery shopping. Bert, from the Beach Hut concierge was helpful and set us up on a memorable kayak/hike eco tour. The hotel is right on Poipu Beach and we were able to see a seal napping on the sand. Surfing lessons are also available directly in front. The room was clean and the condo was very well-maintained. Keep in mind that there is no AC, which was fine since it was breezy and there were plenty of fans available. We only kept the ceiling fan going. You can also hear plenty of noise in the surrounding units or even in buildings across the way (i.e. crying baby).
4 night romance trip Oct 2, 2013
"Great Condo within walking distance to beach"
Room was clean and well appointed, moderately remodeled with nice kitchen and bathroom countertops. Furniture and bed was just ok in terms of comfort. Would recommend to stay if looking for a moderate hotel/condo in terms of price and comfort. Pool was not near resort and left alittle to be desired. Overall 4 out of 5!
Other trip Sep 19, 2013
"Paradise"
Privately owned conos / bungalows in a very professionally maintained garden arhmosphere Interior etc ver clean and nice, although a bit 'outdated'. Been here for rhe forth time and will come back, if possible!
Other trip Sep 13, 2013
Achim
"Gorgeous Location"
Location right on gorgeous Poipu Beach can't be beat. Grounds are also beautiful. However, rooms are just OK to dated/unclean. Room pricing is high for quality of condo units. I guess what you're paying for is location. I would recommend this hotel with those caveats. If you're looking for upscale, this is not the hotel for you.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013
"Awesome place to stay"
We loved everything about ths place. The grounds were immaculate; our two-story condo was well decorated and was stocked with all the essentials necessary to function independamnt of restaurants. F.Y.I you should consider stopping at the Walmart or Costco on your way to the resort from the airport. A car rental is a must as there are many sights to see around the islnd. Back to the resort; the employees were great every morning they would clean the BBQ grills!! We rented a condo with a partial ocean view . The view was great!! It was also next to a fish pond. We enjoyed feeding the fish in the morning.
6 night family trip Aug 4, 2013
Kimberly and Skip
"Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Resort and Rentals"
We stayed in a rental with a magnificent beach and sea view. The unit is owned by a family so that there are many personal touches giving a homey feeling. The kitchen is well adapted. Thankfully there is no A/C but efficient ceiling fans give a sensation of cool breeze especially at night in the sleeping area. Guests can use grills in the magnificent palm tree studded lawn area in front of the units and this is a great way of meeting and sharing with the other guests. The beach is great but surf is usually high in the summer season and not adapted to small children. A swimming pool is available a few minutes walk and is included in the fee. Tennis is also possible with golf courses also nearby. Parking space is adequate. A shopping area in nearby Koloa. Housekeeping once a week more possible but extra fee. All in all a wonderful stay
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
Pete
"Wonderful Condo with new furnishings"
The inside of the condo was just wonderful, it was decorated in the tropical theme with all new furnishings and appliances. I was a little dissapointed because I thought I had booked Ocean Front, but it turned out I got Ocean View, but that was my error. The opening to the beach was right in our area which was nice and the grounds were beautiful with different color plumeria trees and ginger trees. The only down side of the condo was the parking, it was not real close and when you had to carry goods from the car to the condo and then climb the stairs, that took a toll. Overall it was a great experience and a wonderful location with great breeze and sunsets!
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
Sandra
"Right on the Beach in Kauai"
This condo is steps away from a beautiful beach in Kauai. The condo itself was very nice. It had been updated and was very comfortable. I read reviews where some people complained about being too warm in the afternoon. However we were never hot in the room. In fact in the evenings, we had to close a few windows because it became too cool for us and we were there in June! I wish we could have stayed longer. We had a great time!
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Big rooms, big sandy beach, right on the ocean,"
What a great place! Big rooms, kitchen, bath, lanai. The beach was amazing. Lawn and palm trees preceded the sandy beach. The grass made a great place to lay in the sun/shade and watch swimmers/surfers. Luxurious? Resort like? No. Yes I would stay here again if I want to have a huge room and full kitchen and be right on the ocean without spending a fortune. Oh, and we picked fresh mangos right outside the lanai, about 25 of them. Tree ripened and delicious. Ok Improvements: 1. The check in girl was efficient but not welcoming. I got over it. 2. No airconditioning. Yikes. Day one I was not happy because I had not adjusted to the climate. Day two, I didn't notice. Just open all the windows and its glorious. It's Hawaii. 3. Pool is across the street. Mostly families with kids used the pool. Never more than 10 people there; everyone went to the beach.
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
"Beautiful Place"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed three nights. The location is convenient, it is on the Beach! The grounds are gorgeous, and very mature, flowers everywhere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We could walk down the beach, and connect with different resorts that are located next to the Plantation.
Response by Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger
Dear Anne, Thank you
3 night trip May 5, 2013
Anne
"Relaxing family stay"
Very beautiful grounds. Walking distance to nice family beach. Relaxing atmosphere.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Very pleased!"
Superb accommodations. I was very pleased with how well equipped the kitchen was. Everything we needed was there and it all worked. The condo and the entire grounds were beautiful and we had a wonderful stay. We will be back soon!
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
BB
"Not what I expected"
The garden view and lanai was nice. I was expecting two double beds, they had only a King. I had to use the sofabed in the Living Room. We were given a "quiet' room far from the street because I requested that for the baby, and they assured me the bar closed at 9pm, however, they didn't mention the noisy bar (sounded like a sports bar) across the street with people cheering late into the night. Luckily it was cool at night and we were able to close the windows, there was no A/C. I was also expecting a washer and dryer in the room, but there wasn't. We had to walk or drive our dirty diapers regularly to the guest laundry at the other end of the complex. The pool was not at an easy walking distance, we had to drive across the street to it away from the beach. The beach area did not have restrooms and we had to change the baby's diapers in a public restroom on the concrete floor. They didn't mention there were steps to get to the room which was difficult with the stroller. They only did the beds and exchanged towels twice in a ten day period and did not do any vacuuming, (that srvice was extra) we had to borrow a vacuum from housekeeping. Given what I have experienced at other places nearby (Sheraton & Marriott), I think it was overpriced.
10 night trip Feb 19, 2013
Would not do it again
"great hotel great location!!"
A lot of noise!!! Landscaping everyday...trees were being trimmed and the tree trimmer droped several branches on our rental car with no regards to it...front desk actd like they could care less
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
Arrants4
"Happy Wedding!"
My Son had a destination Wedding here and, we can't say enough about the staff and the facility's! We along with our guests had a wonderful time.
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
"First visit to Kauai"
When I called two days before my arrival to comfirm the reservation they had me worried, the person at the desk couldn't find my reservation. After a few minutes of fumbling around he told me I was good to go. It was past 7:00pm when I arrived, the property was not well lite at all, couldn't see anything, the whole resort was almost pitch black. Internet connection was terrible, most of the time I was there I had to connect to someone elses Wi-Fi signal in order to get my lab top to work. I did alot of sight seeing, engaged in many other activaties on the island and didn't spend alot of time at the resort, there mostly during the evening hours. The beach area was nice but I later found a location where the locals hung out, the beach a Port Allen, It's worth the trip. Overall It wasn't a bad place to stay, would I come back, probably not many other nice reosrts to choose from in Kauai.
7 night trip Jan 12, 2013
JT
"Nice resort with some surprises"
We stayed at this resort with our son and overall it's good for families at a nice location. That said, I'll cut right to the few surprises we came across: - There's no daily cleaning of the room, only once half-way through the stay. - Partial ocean view meant from one spot in the main room one could ALMOST see a small piece of ocean when jumping up in the corner of the room. - No breakfast on site. - BIGGIE: The pool is NOT part of the resort and one has to take a 10 min walk across a busy street. The pool facility was older and the water was not heated. - The beach was pretty nice, we we never managed to get towels there as the beach hut was closed whenever we got there.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
Rene
"Beautiful area, plain accomodations"
Beautiful grounds and beach! Pool is across the highway and leaves a little to be desired. Hide-a-bed was old and uncomfortable, but everything else was comfortable, if a little plain jane. This is a privately owned condo, and nicer units can be found for less on VRBO.
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
Becky
"Great hotel for a family"
Gorgeous grounds, helpful friendly staff, nicely equipped condo. Very comfortable place to stay. Nice to have a full kitchen, as restaurants in the area are pricy and not great.
Other trip Jan 10, 2013
"My favorite place!"
This was my fourth time at Kiahuna Plantation. On this trip I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. It was beautifully furnished and had every amenity and appliance we could ask for including a washer and dryer. The view of the ocean was great even though it was in the partial ocean view category. The only disappointment was that housekeeping was supposed to come in the middle of our stay, however they did not show up. Six days with three adults and a toddler with no housekeeping got a little sticky (literally)! I think the housekeeping schedule should be every 2-3 days. Otherwise, it's my favorite place.
Other trip Sep 7, 2012

Nice resort in the Poipu area. Close to great beaches, restaurants and shops. Units are beautifully and extensively decorated and make you feel like home.
7 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Detlef
"Relaxation at it's best!"
We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the sun at Kiahuna Plantation. The beach, gardens and condo were wonderful and instantly relaxing! The Staff were very helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
Louise
"Bit of a let down"
We booked 6 nights at the Outrigger and the first room they tried to give us was not acceptable - it was dirty and in need of a thorough cleaning - there was dirt and hair all over the floors, the toilet ran constantly, the sink in the bathroom had dirt and pubic hair in it etc. We spoke to the front desk and were told they couldn't move us as nothing else was available but we did not want to stay in a dirty room. While they scrambled to clean the room (again?) we went next door to find out if the Sheraton had any availability, which they did. When we went back to the Outrigger, the manager was at the front desk and they had managed to find a different room for us, when we mentioned we could move to another property. We checked the new room and it was better than the first, so we took it as we had prepaid for our hotel. The new room was comfortable, but the overall experience left a bad taste in our mouths and we likely won't stay there again. The grounds/landscaping at this property are incredible and very well maintained. If they put as much effort into the inside of the units as they do to the exterior of the property, they'd have a great place here.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
A & A
"Sharon"
Needs updating--no housekeeping for 3 day stays--given a "cleaning" bill @ checkout--ridiculous!! Never staying again
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice condo with excellent beach"
We really enjoyed our stay, staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach and the access to it was terrific. The furniture was a bit dated but with the pleasant surroundings and beautiful beach who cares! We would definitely come back here again
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great location fronting a beautiful sandy beach."
Great location near a convenient shopping area with a Starbucks and some decent restaurants. Hotel fronts a beautiful sandy beach that is relatively safe for swimming due to the partial cove protection. The historic plantation grounds are beautifully maintained with a fantastic orchid and desert garden and variety of exotic palms. Lots of tropical birds live on the grounds too. The units are large, well spaced, relatively private. The furnishings are a little dated, but comfortable and functional. The main issue is that the grounds do not contain a pool. There is access to a pool at a club located across the road and a bit of a hike. The pool grounds are not that pleasant so I never felt it worth the walk. I prefer swimming in the ocean, but if pool lounging is important, this is likely not the hotel for you.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Craig
"Bugs, bugs and bugs!!!"
Lots of tiny black bugs in sink and tub. Found two cockroaches.. This place charges cleaning fees for your stay in one bedroom and more for two bedrooms. Make sure you check the fine print before booking.. I think it was not fair to charge us when there are cockroaches (sign of uncleanness).... they only clean the rooms every four days and yet charge cleaning fees. Will not recommend this place to friends.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Disappointed
"Condo style accommodation in a great location"
We really enjoyed our stay in this resort. The unit was clean and well maintained. It had a very homey feel. The living room opened onto a spacious lawn and garden and it was only a short walk to the beach. Our room although it did not have air conditioning was never too warm for sleeping probably because it had plenty of ventilation We appreciated that the lack of air conditioning contributed to the quiet of the resort's surroundings. We really liked the location (close to everything we needed) and we would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Barry
"OUR 4TH VISIT"
We keep coming back as the beautiful gardens leading down to the beach make this a spectacular destination.Whilst the accommodation is nothing special, the buildings are in keeping with the plantation theme and pleasing on the eye. The food in the Plantation House restaurant was of a very high standard and good value for the Hawaian Islands.The lack of a swimming pool may be a problem for some, but being on a beautiful beach more than makes up for this.The Kiahuna Plantation is a special place, as is the Island of Kauai. I am sure we will keep going back, despite the 16 hours of flying to get there.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Awesome"
Really great place for a longer stay. Spacious, with a very well equipped kitchen that included not just basic appliance like a stove and microwave but also lots of nice extras like a blender, toaster, dishwasher, and more. Plenty of cutlery and dinnerware too.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
PK
"Pleasant, clean, practical hotel."
Beautiful landscaping. Private room/ patio. Kitchen was fully equipt. It even had a dishwasher and ice maker.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"A Classic"
Although the outrigger is somewhat dated it has a certain charm that is not found in the newer more sterile offerings in the area. There is no a/c, louvered windows only, so it is a bit noisy in the morning when all the birds and roosters wake up. We didn't mind but some might. Overall, the grounds are amazing, the rooms are comfortable and the location is great. We are definitely going back.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Garden paradise"
I initially was disappointed not to be on the beach but the garden experience changed my mind - true Hawaii expereince
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Old facility. Needs upgrading"
Good location, great staff but needs to be upgraded.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Located in the heart of Poipu, this condo was within walking distance of the beach and right across the street from a small shopping center. We stayed in a garden view room, and the garden was lush and beautiful. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The unit was fairly small for a 1-bedroom, and lacked laundry facilities. There was a coin-op laundry available, but it was a long way to carry a laundry basket. The garbage area was quickly overwhelmed - they need bigger bins.
6 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Excellent hotel, 5 minutes to beach, beautiful gardens, great staff. an overall rating of 9 out of 10 would be my rating
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Dave/Alice
"Loved it even more the second time!"
We asked for a ocean view and that's what we got(building 7, room 32). The rooms are not 5 star, but there very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Our first room was right by someone doing renovations, and with a quick call to the front desk they got us a new room. This was also our first holiday with our daughter(17 months), and they offer folding cribs which fit nicely in the one bedrooms with out getting in the way. The one draw back was that the rooms are not air conditioned, and that could have come in handy on those 85*F(29*C) 95-100% humidity days, but all you need to do is go take a dip in the ocean. Oh, and the pool was closed when we were there, there was a no trespassing sign to all the entrances. All in all it was a great stay for me and my family. Will deffinitly be returning.
9 night family trip Nov 11, 2013
"A peaceful haven away from home."
We were only there for four nights but wish we could have stayed longer. It's a little peaceful haven - home from home with all the amenities. The sea is a little rough here, nice to watch but not for swimming. The downside is that the pool is across the road and needs a car to get to unless you want a long walk. The location is great, next to Poipu beach with it's monk seals, Koala old town and spectacular countryside.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Jaylo
"Heaven"
Excellent resort, would stay again, situated on the best beach in kauai. The only negative was that the pool wasn't on the grounds but wasn't an issue because of the beach.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
Glenn
"Beautiful resort!"
With a 3 star rating, I was expecting a somewhat tacky resort (similar to the 3 star hotel we stayed at in Waikiki) but I was pleasantly mistaken by the Outrigger Kiahuna! Our condo was tastefully decorated and clean and the resort grounds are perfectly manicured and beautifully situated on the beach. My only complaint would be the construction work that was happening in the condo below us.... Fortunately, Kauai is so beautiful that we were out of the condo most morning before 9am when they started their work and they were done by the time we were back for dinner. Thanks!
7 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
"Beautiful Resort"
We enjoyed our stay very much, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo which was amazing! Very clean and comfortable space. Easy access to beach. Exceeded expectations. Only thing we didn't care for was the pool being across the road. Expected more than one pool with so many buildings. But were usually at beach so not a big concern.
3 night family trip Feb 23, 2013
"Unit 60 of the Kiahuna Plantation Resort was fab!"
We had unit 60, which was owned by a couple of clearly take pride in their condo. It was very inviting, and had EVERYTHING that you could wish for - a full kitchen with appliances, body boards and snorkel gear for the sea, music and DVDs for entertainment in the evening. Absolutely wonderful. We didnt want to leave!!
Other trip Jan 8, 2013
Gemma
NZ
Great place to relax. don't expect a pool. thats it
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"Great location, amazing grounds"
This hotel is located on absolutely beautiful grounds that are maintained extremely well--and only a few steps from Poipu Beach, one of the best winter-time beaches on Kaua'i. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and couldn't have been more helpful. The condition of our particular suite was disappointing--we were told that individual owners rent out their units so the quality of the units at the Kianhuna Plantation is fairly hit or miss. Apparently we missed. The coffee maker should have been replaced years ago and small things--for example the plug in the kitchen sink didn't fit--should be looked after. The bathroom is due for a total reno.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012

"Best stay in Maui"
Great stay! All the best. Quiet and cosy!
5 night family trip Jun 29, 2015
Magnus
SE
"Schöne Ferienwohnungsanlage direkt am Strand"
Eine sehr schön agelegte Ferienwohnungsanlage - KEIN HOTEL! Das Grundstück liegt direkt am Strand und einem der besten Surfspots, auch für Anfänger. Die Anlage ist Parkartig und sehr schön. Die Wohnungen sind sehr geräumig und gut ausgestattet. Da es kein Hotel ist, gibt es auch keinen täglichen Service. In der Buchung hatte ich ausdrücklich darum gebeten, nicht an der Strasse zu wohnen, trotzdem lag unsere Wohnung dort und trotz der sofortigen Reklamation konnten wir ersten nach der ersten Nacht umziehen. Unsere Sachen wurden dabei etwas grob behandelt.
7 night romance trip Jun 10, 2015
Jakob Michael
CH
"空港やショッピングセンターにも近い便利なコンドミニアム"
ガーデンビューの1ベッドルームに滞在しました。 初めてのカウアイ島の為、観光がメインで日中は殆どコンドに居ませんでしたが 早朝のプライベートビーチではハワイアンモンクシールに会えました。 ショッピングセンターやリフエ空港からも比較的近く、観光の拠点にするにも便利かと思います。
Other trip May 9, 2015