All hotels in Koloa, Hawaii, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2253 Poipu Rd, Koloa, HI, 96756, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Right on the Beach in Kauai"
This condo is steps away from a beautiful beach in Kauai. The condo itself was very nice. It had been updated and was very comfortable. I read reviews where some people complained about being too warm in the afternoon. However we were never hot in the room. In fact in the evenings, we had to close a few windows because it became too cool for us and we were there in June! I wish we could have stayed longer. We had a great time!
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Big rooms, big sandy beach, right on the ocean,"
What a great place! Big rooms, kitchen, bath, lanai. The beach was amazing. Lawn and palm trees preceded the sandy beach. The grass made a great place to lay in the sun/shade and watch swimmers/surfers. Luxurious? Resort like? No. Yes I would stay here again if I want to have a huge room and full kitchen and be right on the ocean without spending a fortune. Oh, and we picked fresh mangos right outside the lanai, about 25 of them. Tree ripened and delicious. Ok Improvements: 1. The check in girl was efficient but not welcoming. I got over it. 2. No airconditioning. Yikes. Day one I was not happy because I had not adjusted to the climate. Day two, I didn't notice. Just open all the windows and its glorious. It's Hawaii. 3. Pool is across the street. Mostly families with kids used the pool. Never more than 10 people there; everyone went to the beach.
4 night family trip Jun 19, 2013
"Beautiful Place"
We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed three nights. The location is convenient, it is on the Beach! The grounds are gorgeous, and very mature, flowers everywhere. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We could walk down the beach, and connect with different resorts that are located next to the Plantation.
Response by Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger
Dear Anne, Thank you
3 night trip May 5, 2013
Anne
"Relaxing family stay"
Very beautiful grounds. Walking distance to nice family beach. Relaxing atmosphere.
Other trip Apr 5, 2013
"Very pleased!"
Superb accommodations. I was very pleased with how well equipped the kitchen was. Everything we needed was there and it all worked. The condo and the entire grounds were beautiful and we had a wonderful stay. We will be back soon!
Other trip Mar 10, 2013
BB
"Not what I expected"
The garden view and lanai was nice. I was expecting two double beds, they had only a King. I had to use the sofabed in the Living Room. We were given a "quiet' room far from the street because I requested that for the baby, and they assured me the bar closed at 9pm, however, they didn't mention the noisy bar (sounded like a sports bar) across the street with people cheering late into the night. Luckily it was cool at night and we were able to close the windows, there was no A/C. I was also expecting a washer and dryer in the room, but there wasn't. We had to walk or drive our dirty diapers regularly to the guest laundry at the other end of the complex. The pool was not at an easy walking distance, we had to drive across the street to it away from the beach. The beach area did not have restrooms and we had to change the baby's diapers in a public restroom on the concrete floor. They didn't mention there were steps to get to the room which was difficult with the stroller. They only did the beds and exchanged towels twice in a ten day period and did not do any vacuuming, (that srvice was extra) we had to borrow a vacuum from housekeeping. Given what I have experienced at other places nearby (Sheraton & Marriott), I think it was overpriced.
10 night trip Feb 19, 2013
Would not do it again
"great hotel great location!!"
A lot of noise!!! Landscaping everyday...trees were being trimmed and the tree trimmer droped several branches on our rental car with no regards to it...front desk actd like they could care less
Other trip Feb 22, 2013
Arrants4
"Happy Wedding!"
My Son had a destination Wedding here and, we can't say enough about the staff and the facility's! We along with our guests had a wonderful time.
Other trip Feb 20, 2013
"First visit to Kauai"
When I called two days before my arrival to comfirm the reservation they had me worried, the person at the desk couldn't find my reservation. After a few minutes of fumbling around he told me I was good to go. It was past 7:00pm when I arrived, the property was not well lite at all, couldn't see anything, the whole resort was almost pitch black. Internet connection was terrible, most of the time I was there I had to connect to someone elses Wi-Fi signal in order to get my lab top to work. I did alot of sight seeing, engaged in many other activaties on the island and didn't spend alot of time at the resort, there mostly during the evening hours. The beach area was nice but I later found a location where the locals hung out, the beach a Port Allen, It's worth the trip. Overall It wasn't a bad place to stay, would I come back, probably not many other nice reosrts to choose from in Kauai.
7 night trip Jan 12, 2013
JT
"Nice resort with some surprises"
We stayed at this resort with our son and overall it's good for families at a nice location. That said, I'll cut right to the few surprises we came across: - There's no daily cleaning of the room, only once half-way through the stay. - Partial ocean view meant from one spot in the main room one could ALMOST see a small piece of ocean when jumping up in the corner of the room. - No breakfast on site. - BIGGIE: The pool is NOT part of the resort and one has to take a 10 min walk across a busy street. The pool facility was older and the water was not heated. - The beach was pretty nice, we we never managed to get towels there as the beach hut was closed whenever we got there.
Other trip Jan 14, 2013
Rene
"Beautiful area, plain accomodations"
Beautiful grounds and beach! Pool is across the highway and leaves a little to be desired. Hide-a-bed was old and uncomfortable, but everything else was comfortable, if a little plain jane. This is a privately owned condo, and nicer units can be found for less on VRBO.
Other trip Jan 13, 2013
Becky
"Great hotel for a family"
Gorgeous grounds, helpful friendly staff, nicely equipped condo. Very comfortable place to stay. Nice to have a full kitchen, as restaurants in the area are pricy and not great.
Other trip Jan 10, 2013
"My favorite place!"
This was my fourth time at Kiahuna Plantation. On this trip I stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. It was beautifully furnished and had every amenity and appliance we could ask for including a washer and dryer. The view of the ocean was great even though it was in the partial ocean view category. The only disappointment was that housekeeping was supposed to come in the middle of our stay, however they did not show up. Six days with three adults and a toddler with no housekeeping got a little sticky (literally)! I think the housekeeping schedule should be every 2-3 days. Otherwise, it's my favorite place.
Other trip Sep 7, 2012
"Nice place for kids"
The rooms are large. We stayed here because we have 2 kids that go to bed at 8:00. We had them sleep in the bedroom and we could hang out in the rest of the place or on the balcony without waking them up. We slept on the couch that converts to a bed. Not very comfortable unfortunately but it worked.
Other trip Aug 24, 2012
"Great hotel for everybody"
Everything was above our expectations: housing, enviroment, Beach access, cleanliness of the apartment and premises. The housing is close to a shopping center.
Other trip Aug 16, 2012
Martin
"Love this spot!"
We would stay again! my 6 and 9 yr old loved the property. Beach location is great and property beautiful. Pool is not located on property but across street and hours were not very good so by the time we get back from day on island, pool would be closed. Would be nice if on property and longer hours. Very clean though. Very family friendly and location is ideal. Will again for many years to come.
Other trip Aug 12, 2012
"Beautiful setting!"
Clean, comfortable, well stocked w/kitchen supplies, everything working, nice surroundings, quiet. A bit of a walk to the beach and swimming pool. Not too big of a problem though. Renting a car was helpful. Grocery store was a bit of a drive but local general store had some food, though not too much. Staff friendly and helpful. Definitely would stay there again!
8 night family trip Jul 24, 2012
"great place to stay for vacation"
nice place to stay for vacation. beautiful beach, lawn, palm trees.
Other trip Jul 25, 2012
need to get towels changed out more often. dont wait for the guest to call.
Other trip Jul 23, 2012
"Needed a Vespa to get to the beach"
We honestly could have used a Vespa for this hotel. The beach was extremely far from our room and the pool was hidden across the street. If we had known how inconvenient the location of the rooms would be, we would have chosen another hotel. The property may be on the beach, but the rooms are far from the ocean. Staff members flew by in golf carts - which they definitely need to get around, but were not friendly or welcoming. Our first experience in the hotel was a hard sales pitch from the excursion desk, which we were directed to from the front counter upon check in. We were tired and just got in, but were hit hard with a sales pitch to book excursions immediately - there must be commission involved. On our way to our room, in the stair well entryway, there were bags of garbage piled in our way. It didn't have much of a vacation feel. We had to call and ask to have the garbage bags removed. Although the website for the hotel amenities notes that the rooms will be cleaned daily, they were only cleaned every third day. There was caked on dust on the doors and in the bathroom, and the room had appliances from the 80's. The cleaning staff did not refill the complementary coffee. We were also disappointed that there was no bar near the beach, only a towel station where we were subject to more excursion sales pitches. We wish we had paid less and gotten this standard of hotel, or paid more and gotten a better overall experience. We don't recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jul 18, 2012
TT
"Simply wonderful!!"
This is our second visit to Kiahuna and we loved it as much this time (family of 4) as we did 21 years ago on our honeymoon. Grounds are spacious and beautiful, all staff very friendly and professional, rooms lovely and airy, and proximity to beach couldn't be better. We'll definitely return, hopefully before another 21 years pass!
Other trip Jul 18, 2012
Very nice room - spacious with a kitchen. Clean and quite. Beautiful setting and close to south Kauaii beaches and attractions
2 night trip Jul 6, 2012
"wonderful beach options"
Very comfortable and upscale accomodations. The beach on the property was great and offered surfing lessons for the kids ($75). It was a little too challenging for me to swim, but the Poipu Beach is close by and very calm. Don't forget to kayak Wailua and drive up Waimai Canyons
4 night family trip Jun 21, 2012
Jo Ann
"Location is everything!"
This is an older outdated hotel that is pretty well maintained but in dire need of renovation. They only provide one "housecleaning" per week. It's a huge hotel site with dozens of multi-level complexes, so the lessons learned for us is to get a unit more centralized, on a lower level (the units have no elevators) and closer to the beach. Our unit was in an undesirable location about as far away as you could get from the coast and across from the noisy roadway and restaurants/shopping complex.
Other trip Jun 28, 2012
Bronko
"once is enough"
The condo is very roomy bigger than other places we have stayed at, the kitchen was ok the cooking utensils could use an update, the knives were very dull and food stuck to the pots and pans, the pool was a big disappointment. it's across the busy street, closes at 6 pm not the most convenient for the kids. the beach hut for beach towels did not open early enough so if you had a early start to your day trip you were stuck with used towels. we learned to exchange for new ones the night before. the beach in front of the resort is not kid friendly as the week we were there was very windy and lots of big waves.
Other trip Jun 27, 2012
nosordi

Nice resort in the Poipu area. Close to great beaches, restaurants and shops. Units are beautifully and extensively decorated and make you feel like home.
7 night trip with friends May 8, 2015
Detlef
"Sharon"
Needs updating--no housekeeping for 3 day stays--given a "cleaning" bill @ checkout--ridiculous!! Never staying again
3 night romance trip Feb 23, 2015
"Nice condo with excellent beach"
We really enjoyed our stay, staff were very friendly and helpful. The beach and the access to it was terrific. The furniture was a bit dated but with the pleasant surroundings and beautiful beach who cares! We would definitely come back here again
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
"Great location fronting a beautiful sandy beach."
Great location near a convenient shopping area with a Starbucks and some decent restaurants. Hotel fronts a beautiful sandy beach that is relatively safe for swimming due to the partial cove protection. The historic plantation grounds are beautifully maintained with a fantastic orchid and desert garden and variety of exotic palms. Lots of tropical birds live on the grounds too. The units are large, well spaced, relatively private. The furnishings are a little dated, but comfortable and functional. The main issue is that the grounds do not contain a pool. There is access to a pool at a club located across the road and a bit of a hike. The pool grounds are not that pleasant so I never felt it worth the walk. I prefer swimming in the ocean, but if pool lounging is important, this is likely not the hotel for you.
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
Craig
"Bugs, bugs and bugs!!!"
Lots of tiny black bugs in sink and tub. Found two cockroaches.. This place charges cleaning fees for your stay in one bedroom and more for two bedrooms. Make sure you check the fine print before booking.. I think it was not fair to charge us when there are cockroaches (sign of uncleanness).... they only clean the rooms every four days and yet charge cleaning fees. Will not recommend this place to friends.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Disappointed
"Condo style accommodation in a great location"
We really enjoyed our stay in this resort. The unit was clean and well maintained. It had a very homey feel. The living room opened onto a spacious lawn and garden and it was only a short walk to the beach. Our room although it did not have air conditioning was never too warm for sleeping probably because it had plenty of ventilation We appreciated that the lack of air conditioning contributed to the quiet of the resort's surroundings. We really liked the location (close to everything we needed) and we would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Barry
"OUR 4TH VISIT"
We keep coming back as the beautiful gardens leading down to the beach make this a spectacular destination.Whilst the accommodation is nothing special, the buildings are in keeping with the plantation theme and pleasing on the eye. The food in the Plantation House restaurant was of a very high standard and good value for the Hawaian Islands.The lack of a swimming pool may be a problem for some, but being on a beautiful beach more than makes up for this.The Kiahuna Plantation is a special place, as is the Island of Kauai. I am sure we will keep going back, despite the 16 hours of flying to get there.
Other trip Oct 7, 2014
"Awesome"
Really great place for a longer stay. Spacious, with a very well equipped kitchen that included not just basic appliance like a stove and microwave but also lots of nice extras like a blender, toaster, dishwasher, and more. Plenty of cutlery and dinnerware too.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
PK
"Pleasant, clean, practical hotel."
Beautiful landscaping. Private room/ patio. Kitchen was fully equipt. It even had a dishwasher and ice maker.
Other trip Apr 24, 2014
"A Classic"
Although the outrigger is somewhat dated it has a certain charm that is not found in the newer more sterile offerings in the area. There is no a/c, louvered windows only, so it is a bit noisy in the morning when all the birds and roosters wake up. We didn't mind but some might. Overall, the grounds are amazing, the rooms are comfortable and the location is great. We are definitely going back.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Garden paradise"
I initially was disappointed not to be on the beach but the garden experience changed my mind - true Hawaii expereince
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Old facility. Needs upgrading"
Good location, great staff but needs to be upgraded.
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
Located in the heart of Poipu, this condo was within walking distance of the beach and right across the street from a small shopping center. We stayed in a garden view room, and the garden was lush and beautiful. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The unit was fairly small for a 1-bedroom, and lacked laundry facilities. There was a coin-op laundry available, but it was a long way to carry a laundry basket. The garbage area was quickly overwhelmed - they need bigger bins.
6 night trip Feb 5, 2014
Excellent hotel, 5 minutes to beach, beautiful gardens, great staff. an overall rating of 9 out of 10 would be my rating
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
Dave/Alice
"Loved it even more the second time!"
We asked for a ocean view and that's what we got(building 7, room 32). The rooms are not 5 star, but there very clean, well maintained and comfortable. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Our first room was right by someone doing renovations, and with a quick call to the front desk they got us a new room. This was also our first holiday with our daughter(17 months), and they offer folding cribs which fit nicely in the one bedrooms with out getting in the way. The one draw back was that the rooms are not air conditioned, and that could have come in handy on those 85*F(29*C) 95-100% humidity days, but all you need to do is go take a dip in the ocean. Oh, and the pool was closed when we were there, there was a no trespassing sign to all the entrances. All in all it was a great stay for me and my family. Will deffinitly be returning.
9 night family trip Nov 11, 2013
"A peaceful haven away from home."
We were only there for four nights but wish we could have stayed longer. It's a little peaceful haven - home from home with all the amenities. The sea is a little rough here, nice to watch but not for swimming. The downside is that the pool is across the road and needs a car to get to unless you want a long walk. The location is great, next to Poipu beach with it's monk seals, Koala old town and spectacular countryside.
Other trip May 28, 2013
Jaylo
"Heaven"
Excellent resort, would stay again, situated on the best beach in kauai. The only negative was that the pool wasn't on the grounds but wasn't an issue because of the beach.
Other trip Mar 8, 2013
Glenn
"Beautiful resort!"
With a 3 star rating, I was expecting a somewhat tacky resort (similar to the 3 star hotel we stayed at in Waikiki) but I was pleasantly mistaken by the Outrigger Kiahuna! Our condo was tastefully decorated and clean and the resort grounds are perfectly manicured and beautifully situated on the beach. My only complaint would be the construction work that was happening in the condo below us.... Fortunately, Kauai is so beautiful that we were out of the condo most morning before 9am when they started their work and they were done by the time we were back for dinner. Thanks!
7 night romance trip Feb 24, 2013
"Beautiful Resort"
We enjoyed our stay very much, we were upgraded to a 2 bedroom condo which was amazing! Very clean and comfortable space. Easy access to beach. Exceeded expectations. Only thing we didn't care for was the pool being across the road. Expected more than one pool with so many buildings. But were usually at beach so not a big concern.
3 night family trip Feb 23, 2013
"Unit 60 of the Kiahuna Plantation Resort was fab!"
We had unit 60, which was owned by a couple of clearly take pride in their condo. It was very inviting, and had EVERYTHING that you could wish for - a full kitchen with appliances, body boards and snorkel gear for the sea, music and DVDs for entertainment in the evening. Absolutely wonderful. We didnt want to leave!!
Other trip Jan 8, 2013
Gemma
NZ
Great place to relax. don't expect a pool. thats it
Other trip Dec 24, 2012
"Great location, amazing grounds"
This hotel is located on absolutely beautiful grounds that are maintained extremely well--and only a few steps from Poipu Beach, one of the best winter-time beaches on Kaua'i. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and couldn't have been more helpful. The condition of our particular suite was disappointing--we were told that individual owners rent out their units so the quality of the units at the Kianhuna Plantation is fairly hit or miss. Apparently we missed. The coffee maker should have been replaced years ago and small things--for example the plug in the kitchen sink didn't fit--should be looked after. The bathroom is due for a total reno.
Other trip Nov 27, 2012

敷地が広すぎてプールやビーチまで歩くのが億劫だった。 部屋も日当たりがあまりよくなくて暗かった。
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"プライベートビーチがあり毎日サンセットが見ることができる長期滞在に適した施設"
ロケーション:プライベートビーチがあり、車で5分以内にモダンなショッピングモールが2カ所、ゴルフ場へも5分と最高の立地 清潔度:リビング、寝室、キッチン、キッチン用品など特に気になる事は無かった。
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
Hiro
"最高のビーチまで徒歩1分。満足。"
プリンスビルに3泊の後に、ポイプへ移動しての2泊でしたが、とてもリラックスして楽しめました。 何と言っても、最高の海岸が歩いてすぐで、タオルやビーチチェアのサービスもあるのが快適でした。食事や買い物も歩いてすぐのポイプショッピングセンターが、それなりに銃しています。 部屋やベッドはそこそこですが、価格とのバランスでは文句ありません。
2 night trip with friends Dec 10, 2014