All hotels in Laguna Beach, California, United States of America
1441 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA, 92651, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Lovely little gem."
It is an older hotel, but the location and the friendliness of staff make up for it. The hotel is located right on the beach. You can walk all through town from there, and its just a lovely little place for a get a way - much more reasonably priced than the glitzier hotels near by. Nice little breakfast service as well.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Laurel
"HORRIBLE"
Hotel is filthy. Room was disgusting. Very overpriced.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Deonna
"Great service but really small room."
Wonderful service and location. The room size was ridiculously small. We couldn't even get a roll-a-way because it wouldn't fit in the room. There were also only 5 lounge chairs for the beach for the 50+ or so people staying there. There were sitting chairs and umbrellas just not enough loungers. I would stay here again but be more specific in finding out the room size.
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Cheryl
"Friendly and Cozy, California beach front charm"
First the Staff was awesome! Highly attentive to our needs, remembered our first names and gave us great info. Most notably Bachir (pronounced Bah-sheer)was extremely helpful and gave great dining tips. The Best steak house in town was just across the street, the restaurants in walking distance all served top notch food. Great coffee right across the street, Two diners 3 blocks away. Walk to downtown in 8 minutes. the room was cozy and we had a great view of the ocean. we walked down one flight of stairs and we were in the sand! :) They had an attendant on the weekend (first week of June not yet in high Season) that set up an umbrella, beach towels and chairs each day for us. Beach had rock piles not far off land to snorkel around. This is an older property that has character. It is not unlike a lot of the beacj front resorts in laguna. For the price and the quality it is AWESOME and we will be back...thanks Bachir! BTW we stayed 4 days and had a memorable time
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Erik
"Not impressed"
Don't stay here if your not into older hotels. This place is quite old. There were some upgrades done but as they say you can't polish poo. It was clean and the manager was nice when I wasn't happy with my first room he slightly upgraded us. I was disappointed the next morning when at about 1030 I tried to take a shower but there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone to check. I waited about 20 mins and no one showed up. I was a little concerned b/c check out is at 11. So I called back to find out what the status was and to get a late check out. Again I was told someone was coming but the latest I could stay was 12. I reminded them that I didn't have hot water and he still said 1200! About 5 mins later I hear the guy outside my door near the water heater. It takes him 15 mins to re-light the pilot. Then everyone knows it takes about 30 mins to have hot water again. By this time my wife and I are already behind schedule plus the manager saying 12 was the latest. We decide to just pack and go. At 1120 I go check out. The manager says, oh you should have hot water in a few more mins just go to the beach for a bit and then shower. This is the same guy who told me I had to be out by 12! I already had my luggage in the car. Anyway it's way overpriced so find a different spot.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Best place in Laguna!"
We loved this hotel!
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
lisa
"Very Happy Mother's Day!!!!"
Beautiful oceanview, room a little dated but comfortable. I had a lovely mother's day. I would definitely stay again. The walk on the beach was lovely.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Lee Ann
"Satisfaction Guaranteed"
The first room was not to our liking since it was right next to the parking and was small. We asked the front desk if they had another room which they changed our room. It was nicer and alot better. Very accommodating and customer service.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Janice
"Too expensive for what you get."
The Hotel was nice enough, but the cost was outrageous for what we got. The view was beautiful, easy access to the beach. The room next door had a plumbing problem and it backed up into our tub. We told them we were going out, and would let them know when we got back incase they needed to work on the plumbing from our room. When we got back, they had already gone into our room and worked even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and told them not to go into the room until we got back in about an hour. I was upset about that. They say they have a really nice breakfast, it's great if you just want muffins, fruit and coffee. The room was smaller that I thought. No screen on the slider door to leave it open and hear the waves at night. I booked for four people, two queen beds, we only had 3, the cost for beachside room total was over 4 for one night. Check in at 3:00 and check out at 11:00. Not enough time for that kind of money. Most of the staff were really nice, said hello and all. The custodial men were not friendly at all. It was okay, all in all. But we won't stay there again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Sunshine's Gram
The staff was super friendly and quickly filled every request. I loved the Friday evening wine tasting, fruit and cheese in the terrace. As if perfectly timed, and school of dolphins swam by and offered additional entertainment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good for a Night"
People were friendly,they upgraded our room to one with a fireplace. Still the room need some cosmetic makeovers. But in all we had a nice view of the ocean. It was ok for a night.
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"Amazing staff and an even more amazing view!"
Was an amazing stay in a perfect location. We'll definitely be staying there again!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
anth&jess
"Laguna Beach Hotel"
Older Hotel nicely maintained on the beach with great views.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"On the beach awesome"
We had a wonderful time even at high tide... no problems getting sun and fun... and the Friday nite wine tasting was super
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
bomont
"Capri hotel"
Very nice hotel, great stay and great staff
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
bijan
"LOUD...BEWARE"
We stayed here on a Saturday night, the room was an this issue because it was directly across the street from a very very loud bar-- pounding music until 2 AM, it was literally shaking the walls!! We called to change rooms and they told us that someone should have informed us of the noise problem ( no one did, why would they--who would say is was ok!?!) They did accommodate us and the room was a little bit better. But, nevertheless a hassle!!!!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Location Location."
The closer to the water you are the nicer the room get. Avoid rooms with door facing PCH as the rooms are noisy from cars and bar across the road and
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice place,"
Great time with my wife, loved the view and the room was spotless. The manager was very nice, and sat with us for about 10 minutes while we were eating in the lobby. Nice place, I'd recommend it.
Response by Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
Thank you for sharing this kind feedback from your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant and enjoyable time at the Capri Laguna boutique hotel . We Look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to laguna beach.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"sweet"
It's was perfect for the occasion.. will stay again
Response by Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
Thank you Melissa for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
MELISSA
"Avoid this hotel"
We got the basement smelly room. Luckily we stayed only one night.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
P.
"I'll be back!"
Unbelievable location, nice large and comfortable bed, great breakfast, nice large shower/bath, great ocean view
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Wendy
"Best value best ambieance lots of stairs"
Only one night. Million dollar view. This hotel has many terraces for guest to use besides the balconies facing the ocean. Way better common grounds then our more pricer neighbors. Staff is great. You go there for the beach and view and in that respect its 5 star. Now the not so good, this hotel is older and has maintance issues. We had to change our room because when our neighbors used their sink in the bathroom water drained into our bathroom floor flooding it. Besides the plumbing issues the place is roomy, beds comfortable. Some units have air conditioning issues too but your at the beach so not really a big deal. Many stairs to deal with. No matter what unit your in there will be stairs and more then a few. But the place is unique in its layout. Next door is a boxy type building with rooms i hear are nicer but up to 750 a night in peak season. Outside of building looks like a apartment building. Capri laguna looks like a complex on the Greek resort or Italy on the beach. In a nutshell its best value and nicer in sme ways then its pricer neighbors. Would come back again.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
LARRY
"Amazing View"
I admit that I was a little skeptical when reading the other reviews, but upon arrival all my concerns vanished. Our room had a full panoramic view of the beach and ocean, the room was nicely lit with a contemporary look. It didn't have new bathroom fixtures or a perfectly pillowtop bed, but these are things that can easily be overlooked as you take a look outside. Our room was on the 100 level, so there were quite a few stairs to get down to the room, but again, SO worth it. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We would absolutely stay here again.
3 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
"On the beach BUT"
the horrific smell on the room, the extremely old and run down bathroom and kitchen and the staff not cleaning rooms prior to 3pm make this a NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
OC native
"love this place!"
This stay was for my best friend wedding. I have stayed here bef4 and again they did not disappoint! This is a older hotel so keep that in mind when you stay. They do not have normal room air conditioning (typically not needed at the beach) but I wouldn't have used it anyway. My room was an oceanfront view and my sliders were open to enjoy the ocean sounds, view and breeze!
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
leasa
Fantastic location on ocean and 6 blocks from downtown Laguna Beach. Difficult parking. Views from deck unbelievable-ocean at sunset. Bed very comfortable. Room decent size. Bathroom shower one of worst I have been in a long time. Small square shower with hand held sprayer with holes in hose.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"Romantic & Sweet"
Greeted with a smile from the front desk upon arrival and enjoyed music and complimentary wine and cheese on the patio deck facing the ocean. Room was sweet and small but absolutely perfect!! We loved it!!
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Wendy
"Good times"
Wonderful location; staff was friendly and helpful. Some rooms remodeled. This was our 3rd stay and we'd definitely come back. Bashir was very helpful and accommodating.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Grammy Ed.D.
"Bad Time"
Booked the hotel for my brother and I and booked a room with 2 queen beds. When I showed up, they said that I was in a room with a "King" bed and that the couch pulls out. They said that hotels.com often will overbook the hotel for rooms they dont have and that there was no way to accommodate us. Additionally, they said there was only room for one car to park in their lot per room and there was no way to be flexible on this. I had to drive around for awhile to find a street spot so that my brother could park in the lot (for those that dont know, its a pretty difficult area to find parking on the weekend). There was a distinctly bad smell in the room that my brother and I each commented on separately. The bed was certainly not a King and seemed even smaller than a queen and the pull out couch was horrible. The location is great, but that is about it. The room was not as nice as the pics look. I would avoid this place if I had to do it again.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
"Hotel on the beach"
I took my mom and two children to the Capri. We did have a great time in Laguna Beach. There were many restaurants to enjoy and the beach was perfect!
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Deanice
"Great Beach Hotel"
This is a great beach hotel with an excellent location. My kids ages 15, 13, and 11 preferred this to the St. Regis or the fancy house we rented in the hills of Laguna. I believe all rooms have been updated now. On site parking is great. The beach in front of the hotel is some of the best beach in Laguna for playing in waves and swimming and there is a lifeguard right there. We ate at the Sapphire restaurant just a block away 3 times, excellent fine dining. And there's a Subway across the street for lunch. The kids loved the breakfast bar and all you can drink hot cocoa. The rooms have a slight sulfur smell, but so did our room at the St. Regis on occasion. It must be a water supply issue. They all have kitchenettes, great for families (and leftovers)!
Other trip Aug 14, 2014
christy
"Right on the beach but a coupel of miles to town"
OK but very overpriced for a very small room with old furnishings.
2 night romance trip Aug 9, 2014
Tony
"Incredible ocean view!"
We booked a room with an oceanfront view. It was STUNNING! The room was older and the water pressure was not great - but the view made up for all the minor imperfections. We are planning to go back every year and get the same room. Loved, loved, loved it.'
2 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Great location but the hotel is a bit tired. Worth it for the views and ocean!
1 night trip Jul 31, 2014
"AC is an issue"
The room air conditioner was not adequate to cool this room. (Rm 609). We got in at 3:30 pm. The temperature said 80. 2 hours after we had turned on the AC, it was still 80. Unfortunately for us we visited during a heat wave. 86 degrees at the beach, no breeze and high humidity which is unusual for the california coast. Also, be aware that even though this hotel is located right on the beach, there are many, many stairs leading down to the access it. This hotel would not be appropriate for those with weight, heart or back issues, if they wanted to use the beach. Also there is no elevator and there are 3 floors. On the plus side the beds were comfortable. Most rooms have a small balcony. There is a breakfast available from 8-10 am. 4 types of cereal. waffles, breakfast pastries, croissants, bagels, hard boiled eggs, OJ.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
Gale
"Nice beach front hotel!!"
Good hotel stay!! Staff was friendly but not to informative when asked a question about the area!! Hotel was in an amazing location, a little dirty but understandable ITS NEXT TO THE BEACH!! Other then that the price was really cheap for a beach front hotel.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
xoxoxo
"Beautiful hotel"
Hotel was super clean, nice b fast. Beautiful views. Right on beach. Would recommend to family and friends.
Other trip Jul 23, 2014
"Boutique Hotel aka motelish"
Nice clean but some damage to fixtures and plumbing. Staff was great and helpful. We chose cuz close to beach, but didnt know there were MANY stairs. Might be issue for persons with disabilities. All in all ok. We might plan another stay in future visit.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Becca
"Beautiful Beach"
Laguna Beach is my favorite beach in Southern California. The Capri Laguna Inn has a European feel, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. In front of the hotel on the beach, the hotel has staff to offer you chairs, toys and umbrellas! Very nice touch. The upper deck has a beautiful view of the coastline. I did not want to leave.
1 night romance trip Jun 26, 2014
Beach Nut
Decent place on the beach. Awesome view. You have to get a room with an ocean view to make it worth while.
Other trip May 27, 2014
"Outdated room, hot breakfast dissapointing"
The shower head was at my neck and I am not taller than 6'. The room felt tired and outdated. Check in took a while and the internet WIFI was spotty.
1 night trip Apr 16, 2014
Taylor
"Great hotel!"
Staff, especially Fred, went out of their way to accommodate our party. Can't wait to go back.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Boutique hotel on the beach!"
I enjoyed my stay. Just keep in mind that this hotel is dated. If you are looking for a beach access place to stay, this is a great spot!
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014
Kate
"Older but nice"
The Capri is an older hotel but it is nice. The room was small but adequate. We stayed down the hill close to the sand. If you have a problem with stairs, this is not the place for you.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2014
Sb
"Enjoyable stay"
Enjoyed my stay at the Capri Laguna. The location and proximity to restaurants and shops in Laguna Beach made for an enjoyable time. I found the staff to be very helpful and nice. In addition, the fact that it is close to the beach is a plus. They are really trying to improve on the condition of the hotel.
7 night family trip Feb 2, 2014
Amazing location
1 night romance trip Feb 11, 2014
"A Mediterranean spin in Laguna Beach"
The Capri is not one of the newest or most luxurious hotels in Laguna Beach but it's one of our favorites. It's a bit old and shows some slight wear and tear from the salt and humidity but the location and the view is amazing. You get the feel of the Greek Islands from this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful. Ignore the minor flaws and take in the big picture. The waterfront rooms with kitchens are quaint and comfortable.
1 night romance trip Jan 22, 2014
Awesome! Newly renovated rooms are great!
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
- J
Great time, beautiful view, nice staff. Will stay again.
2 night trip Jan 7, 2014
sharon
"excellent hotel right on the beach"
My boyfriend and I loved this hotel! It's right on the beach and there is an amazing terrace overlooking the ocean! We could see the water from our room and loved the balcony off the room. The rooms were clean and had a beach feel. When we went to the beach there was a hotel employee supplying chairs, towels, umbrellas, etc to help set us up on the sand. We could easily walk to shops, restaurants, and bars. The location couldn't have been better and the hotel was nicely laid out and the employees were so nice. I highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be staying at the Capri again.
1 night trip Dec 31, 2013