All hotels in Laguna Beach, California, United States of America
1441 S Coast Hwy, Laguna Beach, CA, 92651, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

• Beach
    Beautiful beach
    Food is all right
    Uncomfortable
    Bad internet service
"Good place in a great place"
The Capri, while spendy, is one of my favorite hotels as long as I'm able to get a balcony with an ocean view. What could be better than that? The staff goes out of its way to be friendly and accommodating. All in all, it's worth what it costs.
4 night romance trip Dec 11, 2015
Bruce
"West Coast Wedding"
The trip was for a friend's wedding. The hotel was right on the beach as advertised. The Hotel upgraded us to a suite which was very nice.
4 night family trip Dec 4, 2015
Edmund
"Extremely rude"
Rude staff, bed was awful didn't get the room I thought I paid for. Very small the place looks like it's going to fall apart. Didn't not have good parking. Really I could go on. I'm also dissatisfied with Expedia and will never use this site again.
Other trip Oct 31, 2015
Taylor
"Perfect for us"
It was a little busy when we checked in because of a wedding party that was coming back as we came in. The front desk was very kind and more then helpful with helping guide us to the extra parking area (because of the extra cars due to the wedding I'm assuming) The room was better then expected. The blues and whites reminded my girlfriend of Greece. Room was very clean and the only sound we heard the entire trip were the waves of the ocean when we left the sliding doors open (which was when ever were in the room) The amenities were great as well. Pool was nice (heated for winter)great beach to walk on and kind of secluded not a lot of people there only guests of the Capri Laguna and neighboring hotels. They offer a great little breakfast for you as well to either eat in the lobby or take to your room and eat on your ocean view deck.(highly suggested) I know we are planning our next trip already to stay here.
2 night romance trip Oct 24, 2015
"Lovely hotel"
Lovely hotel with a wonderful and friendly staff. Beautiful view from our room. Highly recommend.
2 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Craig
Nothing like what the pictures look like! I wouldn't stay here again
Other trip Oct 19, 2015
"Older, unique hotel that is right on the beach"
This hotel is one of the most unique places we have stayed at! It is built into the cliffs of Laguna Beach and they have fixed it up so that it feels like you are in Greece! Really very cute. The hotel is definitely older, but the location on the beach and in the middle of town could not have been better. That is what is most important to us - location. It is one of the better priced places, as well. I do believe there are some rooms that are better than others, but the room we were given was absolutely gorgeous. The best part of this hotel, though, is definitely the staff. We really only had interactions with the front desk staff, but they could not have been any nicer or more helpful. Breakfast was fine for us and coffee 24 hours is really nice! My husband and I would definitely consider staying there again.
Other trip Oct 16, 2015
P.
"disappointed"
Room looked very nice in pictures but was not worth what we paid. The ac was not working all the door stuck we could barely get them open the bed was hard just not comfortable at all. It was not updated at all I expected something way nicer for the price my husband and I were disappointed with the room not how we wanted to spend our anniversary
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
renee
"Capri , big thumbs up !"
Awesome view, amazing staff, great time , look forward to going there again!
2 night romance trip Oct 7, 2015
"Nice, dated units. Clean, good view"
Pleasant, older units, but clean. Slow getting hot water
2 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
Betty
"Big Birthday va-ca!"
My friend from High School came from back East to celebrate a big birthday & I booked our 2 night stay & we were not disappointed! Very friendly & attentive staff, great breakfast options in the lobby. ( Like I have never seen before...!) Great location in town & on the beach. Wish we had stayed longer!! I would recommend this boutique hotel to everyone & will definitely stay there again! We had room # 502 w/ a microwave & small refrigerator. It's off a great sun deck & has terrific air flow & light. Plus a king size bed & sofa bed. You can walk easily to just about everything.
2 night trip with friends Sep 11, 2015
Suzy
"Great location, friendly staff"
Great location. Hotel staff was wonderful as they upgraded our room and provided us with a late check out because we had a newborn baby with us. Will definitely return.
1 night family trip Sep 12, 2015
"Beach, view, kindness, love"
I first booked a poolside room online, but after speaking with someone at the front desk I decided to spend the extra money for an ocean front room!! Worth every cent. The sound of the waves, the sunsets and the people watching were perfect! Chairs, towels and parking were all part of the room rate which was so surprising. Everything was within walking distance and EVERY staff member was exceptionally kind and helpful. We loved the Capri. So will you!!
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
LOVE
"Decent hotel, a little old."
The hotel was decent but the safe didn't work in my hotel room, which is one of the reasons I booked this hotel. But really, Laguna Beach sucks. It's boring and filled with droll people and tourists. Go elsewhere!
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
"The View"
Awesome, Awesome View, it was just amazing. Its an older hotel, and the kitchen sink got clogged and one of the burners on the stove didnt work, but all I wanted to do was cook and look at the view, eat while looking at the view, drink while looking at the view, you really can't beat being right on the beach it's awesome.
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Spectacular ocean view."
We booked this hotel last minute. Initially we got a room with pool view but upgraded to ocean view. Glad we did that because our room was a couple hundred feet away from the ocean. The sound of the waves was very soothing and the sunset was spectacular. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. The free breakfast was nice.
2 night family trip Aug 26, 2015
The view is beautiful & the hotel is in a great location.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Nice hotel on the beach."
Perfect for those looking to spend most of the time on the beach that the hotel is located on, and good if you don't mind walking a bit to restaurants and stores.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Great weekend getaway"
We had a wonderful time. The staff was very nice. The breakfast was good and the view was spectacular. We were right on the beach and couldn't have had a better view. Great beach staff and beautiful beaches. Would go again in a heartbeat.
1 night romance trip Jul 11, 2015
Gale
"Baby's first beach trip"
The staff was very accommodating to our family. We had a great experience and will definitely be back soon!
1 night family trip Jul 31, 2015
Joell
"Lovely little gem."
It is an older hotel, but the location and the friendliness of staff make up for it. The hotel is located right on the beach. You can walk all through town from there, and its just a lovely little place for a get a way - much more reasonably priced than the glitzier hotels near by. Nice little breakfast service as well.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
Laurel
"Great location - terrible room"
The staff was wonderful and the location, right on the beach, was beautiful. Unfortunately we were put in an awful room. It was run down, dirty and right on the street, so very loud. I hope this isn't the room type they put all Expedia bookings in.
Other trip Jul 26, 2015
"HORRIBLE"
Hotel is filthy. Room was disgusting. Very overpriced.
1 night trip with friends Jul 11, 2015
Deonna
"Motel right on beach"
The Capri is essentially a motel with clean rooms, a nice staff and a spectacular location. My only "complaint" is we checked out on a Sunday but they weren't accommodating about a Kate check out or even a reasonable half day rate. But maybe our oceanfront room was booked and they had no choice. I would stay there again
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
"Great service but really small room."
Wonderful service and location. The room size was ridiculously small. We couldn't even get a roll-a-way because it wouldn't fit in the room. There were also only 5 lounge chairs for the beach for the 50+ or so people staying there. There were sitting chairs and umbrellas just not enough loungers. I would stay here again but be more specific in finding out the room size.
4 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Cheryl
"Mediterranean feel, Beautiful view"
Friendly staff, checked us in early. Room was crisp and white. Great bed, great view right on the beach! We walked everywhere and never moved the car. Close to great restaurants and shopping.
Other trip Jul 6, 2015
"Descent hotel"
We only stayed one night. The front desk staff were very nice. We did not get to experience the cleaning service. However, the shower faucet and sink faucet were not working properly. We spent most of our time at the beach and not in the room, so this hotel met our need/expectations.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
liz
"Friendly and Cozy, California beach front charm"
First the Staff was awesome! Highly attentive to our needs, remembered our first names and gave us great info. Most notably Bachir (pronounced Bah-sheer)was extremely helpful and gave great dining tips. The Best steak house in town was just across the street, the restaurants in walking distance all served top notch food. Great coffee right across the street, Two diners 3 blocks away. Walk to downtown in 8 minutes. the room was cozy and we had a great view of the ocean. we walked down one flight of stairs and we were in the sand! :) They had an attendant on the weekend (first week of June not yet in high Season) that set up an umbrella, beach towels and chairs each day for us. Beach had rock piles not far off land to snorkel around. This is an older property that has character. It is not unlike a lot of the beacj front resorts in laguna. For the price and the quality it is AWESOME and we will be back...thanks Bachir! BTW we stayed 4 days and had a memorable time
3 night romance trip Jun 6, 2015
Erik
"Not impressed"
Don't stay here if your not into older hotels. This place is quite old. There were some upgrades done but as they say you can't polish poo. It was clean and the manager was nice when I wasn't happy with my first room he slightly upgraded us. I was disappointed the next morning when at about 1030 I tried to take a shower but there was no hot water. I called the front desk and they said they would send someone to check. I waited about 20 mins and no one showed up. I was a little concerned b/c check out is at 11. So I called back to find out what the status was and to get a late check out. Again I was told someone was coming but the latest I could stay was 12. I reminded them that I didn't have hot water and he still said 1200! About 5 mins later I hear the guy outside my door near the water heater. It takes him 15 mins to re-light the pilot. Then everyone knows it takes about 30 mins to have hot water again. By this time my wife and I are already behind schedule plus the manager saying 12 was the latest. We decide to just pack and go. At 1120 I go check out. The manager says, oh you should have hot water in a few more mins just go to the beach for a bit and then shower. This is the same guy who told me I had to be out by 12! I already had my luggage in the car. Anyway it's way overpriced so find a different spot.
1 night romance trip May 30, 2015
"Best place in Laguna!"
We loved this hotel!
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
lisa
"Very Happy Mother's Day!!!!"
Beautiful oceanview, room a little dated but comfortable. I had a lovely mother's day. I would definitely stay again. The walk on the beach was lovely.
1 night trip May 9, 2015
Lee Ann
"Satisfaction Guaranteed"
The first room was not to our liking since it was right next to the parking and was small. We asked the front desk if they had another room which they changed our room. It was nicer and alot better. Very accommodating and customer service.
2 night romance trip Apr 10, 2015
Janice
"Too expensive for what you get."
The Hotel was nice enough, but the cost was outrageous for what we got. The view was beautiful, easy access to the beach. The room next door had a plumbing problem and it backed up into our tub. We told them we were going out, and would let them know when we got back incase they needed to work on the plumbing from our room. When we got back, they had already gone into our room and worked even though I had the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, and told them not to go into the room until we got back in about an hour. I was upset about that. They say they have a really nice breakfast, it's great if you just want muffins, fruit and coffee. The room was smaller that I thought. No screen on the slider door to leave it open and hear the waves at night. I booked for four people, two queen beds, we only had 3, the cost for beachside room total was over 4 for one night. Check in at 3:00 and check out at 11:00. Not enough time for that kind of money. Most of the staff were really nice, said hello and all. The custodial men were not friendly at all. It was okay, all in all. But we won't stay there again.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
Sunshine's Gram
The staff was super friendly and quickly filled every request. I loved the Friday evening wine tasting, fruit and cheese in the terrace. As if perfectly timed, and school of dolphins swam by and offered additional entertainment.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
"Good for a Night"
People were friendly,they upgraded our room to one with a fireplace. Still the room need some cosmetic makeovers. But in all we had a nice view of the ocean. It was ok for a night.
1 night family trip Mar 2, 2015
"Amazing staff and an even more amazing view!"
Was an amazing stay in a perfect location. We'll definitely be staying there again!
Other trip Feb 28, 2015
anth&jess
"Laguna Beach Hotel"
Older Hotel nicely maintained on the beach with great views.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"On the beach awesome"
We had a wonderful time even at high tide... no problems getting sun and fun... and the Friday nite wine tasting was super
Other trip Jan 31, 2015
bomont
"Capri hotel"
Very nice hotel, great stay and great staff
2 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2015
bijan
"LOUD...BEWARE"
We stayed here on a Saturday night, the room was an this issue because it was directly across the street from a very very loud bar-- pounding music until 2 AM, it was literally shaking the walls!! We called to change rooms and they told us that someone should have informed us of the noise problem ( no one did, why would they--who would say is was ok!?!) They did accommodate us and the room was a little bit better. But, nevertheless a hassle!!!!
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
"Location Location."
The closer to the water you are the nicer the room get. Avoid rooms with door facing PCH as the rooms are noisy from cars and bar across the road and
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
"Nice place,"
Great time with my wife, loved the view and the room was spotless. The manager was very nice, and sat with us for about 10 minutes while we were eating in the lobby. Nice place, I'd recommend it.
Response by Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
Thank you for sharing this kind feedback from your stay at our hotel. It was a pleasure to know that you had a pleasant and enjoyable time at the Capri Laguna boutique hotel . We Look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to laguna beach.
1 night romance trip Dec 22, 2014
"sweet"
It's was perfect for the occasion.. will stay again
Response by Capri Laguna Inn On The Beach
Thank you Melissa for sharing your experience. We look forward to your next stay.
1 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
MELISSA
"Avoid this hotel"
We got the basement smelly room. Luckily we stayed only one night.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
P.
"I'll be back!"
Unbelievable location, nice large and comfortable bed, great breakfast, nice large shower/bath, great ocean view
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
Wendy
"Best value best ambieance lots of stairs"
Only one night. Million dollar view. This hotel has many terraces for guest to use besides the balconies facing the ocean. Way better common grounds then our more pricer neighbors. Staff is great. You go there for the beach and view and in that respect its 5 star. Now the not so good, this hotel is older and has maintance issues. We had to change our room because when our neighbors used their sink in the bathroom water drained into our bathroom floor flooding it. Besides the plumbing issues the place is roomy, beds comfortable. Some units have air conditioning issues too but your at the beach so not really a big deal. Many stairs to deal with. No matter what unit your in there will be stairs and more then a few. But the place is unique in its layout. Next door is a boxy type building with rooms i hear are nicer but up to 750 a night in peak season. Outside of building looks like a apartment building. Capri laguna looks like a complex on the Greek resort or Italy on the beach. In a nutshell its best value and nicer in sme ways then its pricer neighbors. Would come back again.
1 night romance trip Nov 9, 2014
LARRY
"Amazing View"
I admit that I was a little skeptical when reading the other reviews, but upon arrival all my concerns vanished. Our room had a full panoramic view of the beach and ocean, the room was nicely lit with a contemporary look. It didn't have new bathroom fixtures or a perfectly pillowtop bed, but these are things that can easily be overlooked as you take a look outside. Our room was on the 100 level, so there were quite a few stairs to get down to the room, but again, SO worth it. The staff was friendly and accommodating. We would absolutely stay here again.
3 night family trip Oct 13, 2014
"On the beach BUT"
the horrific smell on the room, the extremely old and run down bathroom and kitchen and the staff not cleaning rooms prior to 3pm make this a NEVER AGAIN!
Other trip Oct 13, 2014
OC native
"love this place!"
This stay was for my best friend wedding. I have stayed here bef4 and again they did not disappoint! This is a older hotel so keep that in mind when you stay. They do not have normal room air conditioning (typically not needed at the beach) but I wouldn't have used it anyway. My room was an oceanfront view and my sliders were open to enjoy the ocean sounds, view and breeze!
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
leasa
Fantastic location on ocean and 6 blocks from downtown Laguna Beach. Difficult parking. Views from deck unbelievable-ocean at sunset. Bed very comfortable. Room decent size. Bathroom shower one of worst I have been in a long time. Small square shower with hand held sprayer with holes in hose.
1 night trip Aug 22, 2014