All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Comfortable
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Appalling Hotel"
We had stayed at Grand Plaza last year and had fairly good experience. But this time, we were there from Sept 3 - 8, the suite we stayed in had a rancid nasty smell that would not go away. The furnishing was worn out, ugly and in deplorable state. The cleaning staff were so inept . Even on days of full cleaning, they still did very shoddy sub standard and half hearted cleaning! The breakfast we had was the worst we had ever had in a hotel in our lives. The Scrambled eggs looked like smashed up sunny sides! The mushrooms tasted like they were deep fried in Petroleum jelly..... Awful! I will never stay there again or recommend it to anyone!
1 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"great location"
I really liked the location. The hotel/apartment was about 10 mins walk to Notting hill
3 night trip Sep 3, 2014
"A comfortable hotel in a good location"
I only stayed one night at this hotel but found it to be comfortable and in a good location. It is only a short walk from Bayswater tube station and my room overlooked a large enclosed garden/park. The room included a kitchenette, which meant I was able to grab some shopping and cook myself a decent meal. Getting to the room itself is a bit of an experience - one of those hotels with uneven floor levels and many, many corridor doors. The staff were efficient although not going out of their way to be friendly, but it did seem like a busy place. I would stay there again.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Functional, but nothing special"
The hotel is near Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park and walking distance (5min) to both Bayswater and Queensway Underground stations. You can also walk to Paddington, but that is about 20min. So you can get to anywhere in London pretty easily. The hotel street is pretty quiet (we slept with windows open without problem), though it gets a bit noisier on weekends. There are restaurants and coffe shops just a few streets away although the choices feel somewhat limited after a couple of days. The hotel itself is in need of an upgrade. Hallways are very narrow (can barely pass another person) and the rooms are well worn. Everything was clean and in working order, but in need of a facelift. Hotel has an on-site laundry service (in and out same day) that is really useful if you stay more that a few days.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
"A star or two too many"
I really wanted to forgive a lot of the little things, but the ending experience turned me. Pros: Good location, close to restaurants, fun neighborhood and my junior suite did have a small kitchenette Cons: college dormlike feel, very narrow halls (hard to get luggage through), stuffy, hot, hard to get to certain rooms. The kicker - my wife and i got bit up as we slept. As we checked out, I nicely brought up the fact. The response of "That's unusual" just wasn't fulfilling. I wasn't looking for anything, but the lack of an apology, the matter a fact response just left a bad flavor in my mouth.
tony
"Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments - good stay"
Overall we were very happy with our accommodations. The location was very good and convenient to two tube stations. The rooms were comfortable and adequate in size, the bathroom was clean, and the kitchen well equipped. We did not take the breakfast. The nearby shopping mail had a very convenient M&S where we found all of the food items we needed. My only complaint was that the WiFi was slow, but this seemed to be the norm throughout much of the trip. With two teens, this turns out to be a major factor when assessing accommodations.
5 night trip Jun 26, 2014
KAN
Great location for West End, Kensington and Knightsbridge (a walk through Hyde Park). Notting Hill is on your doorstep also. Only negative is, pictures on the NET gave me a wrong opinion of the size of the rooms, which I found in reality to be quite small, but hey,,,that's London for you...unless you're super rich!!!
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
We were pleased with our stay at the Grand Plaza Serviced Apts. We knew what to expect from reading comments left by previous guests. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apt for 2 adults and 3 children. It was plenty of room for us, and we found the beds comfortable. We were happy to find a/c in the room after staying during an unusually warm period in London. The hotel was conveniently located, close to the Bayswater Tube Station, stores and restaurants. The staff was helpful and prompt when we needed sheets for the couch, a van ordered and the safe opened. The only negatives were: a strong cleaning product smell in the room after maid service. Opening the windows for a few minutes cleared the air. We did not receive washrags with our towels. We bought some at the local "Boots" store. Our room was also on the 5th floor, and the small lift only went to the 4th. Again, we were not surprised after reading previous guest comments.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
N
"London Trip"
This Hotel has no A/C we spend 5 days at temps around 30 C and was impossible. Yhey should close in Summer It is compact to add a sofa bed as a third person ; and they did not wash or replace the tea or coffe mugs until the 3rd day.
Other trip Jul 18, 2014
Juan C
"No Airconditioning but close to tube stations"
The staff were helpful with arranging taxi transportation and explaining the tube stations, but the amenities were not so pleasant. We were allowed to upgrade to a larger 2 bedroom apartment unit, which was nice because the units are very small. We were provided with a portable air conditioning unit, but had to ask the staff to change out the ice in the back of the unit daily. The portable units did not cool very well. We had to walk through a maze of hallways and corridors to get to our apartment. We were on the fourth floor and the elevator (lift) was out of order 3 out of the seven days we stayed there. We found the apartments to be cramped, hot (no air conditioning), and inconvenient to get from our room to the street (difficulties with the elevator / lift and the maze of hallways / corridors). There is only one lift / elevator that serviced our apartment and it only holds 6 people at a time. It was extremely inconvenient to deal with the elevator being out of order for three days. The exterior of the facility is very nice however; the interior is dated and not near as nice. They were in the process of painting and repairs during our stay.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Neva
"London visit"
The room was spacious but smelled of smoke and the beds & bathroom were terrible. I felt like I was sliding out of bed due to the sagging, thin mattress. Very small shower and sink.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Jules
"One of the Best Hotels"
This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. It was certainly the most pleasant hotel stay that we have had in a long time. The staff was friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. The hotel room was clean and comfortable. The room size for a London hotel was quite nice. Though small, the kitchen facilities were more than adequate. The ability to cook breakfast and prepare picnic lunches made our trip easy and cheaper as well. The bathroom was small, but was very workable and not cramped as some we have stayed in. The hotel is well located, close to Kensington Park and Hyde Park. There are two tubes stations close to the hotel (Bayswater less than a 5 minute walk, Queensway about a 5 minute walk). There is a nice shopping mall nearby and several grocery stores, a chemist, and good eateries. We were extremely pleased with our stay and would stay there again. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Elise and Karen
"Served our purpose in Westminster"
I was visiting London with my adult son so we needed two sleeping areas. The apartment had a flight of stairs down to the main bedroom and bath - unusual. The upper room, with adequate kitchenette, was entered from the hallway. It was never comfortable- always too warm despite the weak portable A/c supplied. -location near Bayswater Underground and shops was good.
4 night trip Jun 10, 2014
"Bait and Switch"
Unfortunately the pictures and rating didn't match reality so our expectations were not in line with what we were given. The view from our room was a brick wall, the pictures of the rooms on the website were a far cry from the actual accommodations. The kitchenette was crammed into the only separate room along with a small table (both clearly not meant to be there originally. Breakfast was served every morning and although the lady assured me that it was complimentary the massive additional charge after 2 nights of staying there told me differently. The reoccurring theme was very much bait and switch.
3 night trip Jun 9, 2014
Disappointed Guest
"Nice find in a lovely location...."
We checked into the hotel early and they happily accommodated our request. The room was mostly clean but starting to look worn. We appreciated the wonderful shower and having the kitchenette. There were three of us staying and it was tight. Also the weather was warm and room was really warm as they have no air conditioning. They brought up a fan, which helped. We had to request a doctors visit as well and they were helpful with that as we had no idea who to use. The staff was pleasant.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
chirogirl
This was our first experience with a serviced apartment and after reading some of the reviews, we arrived with some trepidation. The bottom line: If you are looking for luxury accommodations, this is not the place for you. The apartments are basic, no frills. The staff, however, are amazing and were there for us in every way…whether with their daily housekeeping service, or with their help in finding our way around the city or getting suggestions of places to eat or things to do, they were always gracious, pleasant, and extremely helpful in all interactions. The location of the apartments is unbeatable, close to all major underground lines, beautiful Kensington Gardens, Notting Hill, and it's own Bayswater neighborhood, with everything you need and more. Truly an outstanding vacation.
17 night family trip May 26, 2014
DK
"Roomy but decor could be updated"
Mattress was uncomfortable, no snacks or food available in lobby, could improve on getting tours or tickets. Car service offered was excellent and timely.
Other trip May 27, 2014
For the most part, everything was great. Unfortunately, my room was very hot and they could not seem to get it cooler.
7 night trip May 12, 2014
Valerie Powell
"I loved it"
I went to London with my parents so it was a good idea staying in apartments hotel. Kitchen itself was excellent what you need it just food. you have everything. But one thing that i have to mention is how to use oven. if there was some kinda explanation to make sure how to use oven in a safe way, it looked difficult to use. so it would be really nice :D, I am not familier with using it. there will be some like me.
Other trip May 16, 2014
HJ
"Very nice"
We arrived late in the evening and found the room in order and clean. The room had a small kitchen and we used it. I was please in every way, but the price was higher in the end then expected. This may have been caused by a change in the exchange rate, but I would recommend to pay before you arrive. The staff were very helpful and they have a luggage room. The staff put our bags in this room for us on the last day because we went to town and would have missed check out. This is fee and very nice.
Other trip May 8, 2014
"Quiet, Very Clean, Well located Hotel/ Apt"
An excellent find! My friends and I, who are very well traveled and sticklers for cleanliness, were very very happy with our 7-day stay and will most definitely stay there again. The staff was simply outstanding and the 1-bedroom apt was very comfortable and perfect for our needs: 3 separate beds. Our apt was very quiet. The hotel is well located, and it provides easy access to the tube and buses. There are great little restaurants very near the hotel and grocery stores too. It' s nice to be able to cook in the apt. Paper towels, dish detergent, and a sponge are provided. Reasonably priced too.
Other trip May 3, 2014
nora
For the price and location, we thought this was an excellent choice for our family of five. We stayed in a family apartment - not a typical interior corridor hotel, but we enjoyed the charm. The rooms were spacious, bedding was lovely and the cleaning staff were excellent. The reception desk was very helpful and we would absolutely stay here again!
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
"Great location for a week's stay in London."
As a family of five, taking two rooms in a hotel can be exorbitant. We found the Grand Plaza to be a wonderful alternative. The location in Bayswater is very convenient to the Metro tube, Kensington Gardens and countless restaurants and supermarkets. The staff was very attentive and pleasant.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Nice Area Close Tube"
The apartments are in a good area with a close store and tube station. The rooms are a bit disappointing at they are not as spacious as the pictures make them look. The carpet was pretty bad and the fridge had a broken door. It was a good option for our family as it was a living space different than you would get at a regular hotel. We didnt spend much time there so overall it was an ok facility.
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
"Not very clean - nothing looks like the photo"
Good location, good internet - but very crowded, noisy, dingy, environment. Cleaning is very superficial - rugs desperately need a shampoo. Bed uncomfortable.
Other trip Apr 12, 2014
Great location, very helpful staff, clean room. But don't count on the "complimentary" wifi because it crawls slower than snail.
5 night trip Feb 6, 2014
"Good short stay confortable"
Comfortable spacious room, perfect for a family or a short Business visit.
3 night business trip Feb 2, 2014
Luis
"Bayswater Fine"
we enjoyed our time minor hotel issues good for what was required
Other trip Jan 31, 2014
Panama Pablo
"GREAT LOCATION AND HOTEL"
Grand Plaza is only 2 blocks from shopping, food, money exchange and tube. Rooms are smaller then pics. I would stay here again! Love London! Missy - New Orleans, Louisiana
Other trip Jan 30, 2014
Missy
"Very close to London Underground (Tube)"
The service at the hotel was excellent. The beds were comfortable. I appreciated the convenience of the breakfast room, and the choice of a continental or full English breakfast. The London Underground (Tube) Bayswater station is right around the corner. There are many restaurants within walking distance as well as a small grocery store.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Excellent Hotel for the Price"
The hotel location is unbeatable. The area close-by has a lot of attractions. The floor made some noise when we walked that might have bothered the folks staying below us. Other than that, I was very happy with my stay here.
Other trip Jan 19, 2014
Abdullah
"Good value - convenient location"
The hotel was as advertised and the staff was courteous and took care of us very well. The location was excellent in short walking distance of both Bayswater and Queensway tube stations and there are a lot of restaurants and pubs close by. The 4 or 5 times we used a taxi we didnt have long to wait as there are a number of other hotels nearby and a lot of taxi traffic. The only minor hits I would give to this hotel is the bed was harder than my liking and the Internet access while free, was very slow in the evenings. Overal though the Grand Plaza was good value for money and we enjoyed our stay.
7 night family trip Jan 1, 2014
Kevin B
"good experience"
Was there on a family vacation. Having a full service flat really helps keep costs down with being able to cook meals in instead of eating out all the time. The area is vibrant and easy to access all parts of London, whether walking or jumping on the tube or bus. Plenty of restaurants of every variety & pubs nearby.
Other trip Jan 5, 2014
"Convenient. That's it."
There is nothing exceptional to say about this hotel except that it is conveniently located near Hyde Park and Queensway. The hotel is designed in a VERY poor fashion and arriving to your room is achieved only after figuring out a way through the maze. We checked-in around 11pm. The receptionist provided very poor directions to our room, instructing us to go down an elevator that we did not, in fact, have to take. We had a significant amount of baggage with us and no one even offered to help or to show us the way to our room. Upon arrival in the room, we were disappointed. The room looks NOTHING like the pictures on their website. It was a room on their "G level" but if felt like we were in a basement. We left all of our baggage in the kitchen area because there are stairs to access the bedrooms. Each bedroom had a door to the hallway, in addition to the main door to the suite. This was strange and left us feeling unsafe. If you have children, this is NOT an ideal accommodation for you as they can leave from their rooms without you knowing. Luckily, our reservation was only for a short stay.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
"Nice hotel in a great location."
I would highly recommend the Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments as it is in a very nice neighborhood and close to the Underground for easy transportation. The kitchen facilities gave us the flexibility to cook our own meals in our rooms.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Annie
"Close to underground."
HOTEL was very nice...a little bit of a maze to find our room, but just needed more directions from staff. Only a short walk (less than 5 min) to Bayswater underground station. Many shops and good food located nearby. Fresh food market located inside Whitely`s so you could grab items for breakfast.
Other trip Dec 5, 2013
Stacy
The rooms looked nothing like the pictures shown on the hote's website. Even though they're fairly clean, the rooms are very small and not very well furnished. We didn't even have a comfortable sofa to rest on at the end of a long travel day. The TV programs were terrible. Nearly half of the channels available were shopping channels. The DVD player in the room also didn't work with DVDs we brought from the US. The worst were the creaking floors. The hallways were also extremely narrow. If there's anyone walking by your door, you'd definitely hear the loud creaking. The staff at the hotel however, were very friendly. The breakfast was also very good.
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Jes
"Nice hotel, close to shopping, park and bus"
We enjoyed our stay at the grand plaza. The staff was helpful and friendly and the room was pleasant. The hotel was a short walk from Queens way with lots of shopping, food, and bus service. It had free wifi as well, but the connection was somewhat slow. The room itself was clean upon arrival, had a nice stove and fridge, as well as dishes, etc.
Other trip Nov 29, 2013
"Great Location!"
Overall the hotel service was great. It was walking distance to one of the more central Underground Stations and was easy to get to. The room was the perfect size for two people and could work great for long-term stay. I will say that the beds were pretty firm which isn't something I'm used to but if you don't mind firm beds then it doesn't really matter! Overall great stay =)
2 night trip Nov 17, 2013
Scott F.
"The Grand is overrated."
Good location. One staff member, a young lady, was extremely helpful but she was the only one. The rest we found to be complacent and indifferent. The elevator was extremely slow and most times full or in use. We didn't mind the stairs most times but I would not recommend to weary travellers. The internet was down for 3 days of our 5 day stay! Absolutely terrible. Had to work at a nearby coffee shop to conduct business. Very annoying. Could not get a receipt upon check out since the attendant said that the printer was in use and would take 4 or 5 minutes. (On the way to catch a flight at 6am) Had to pay by credit card for the incidentals just to get a credit card terminal receipt otherwise he couldn't provide one if I paid cash. - Not sure about that! I have my own business and it did not sound legit. Rooms was very nice and comfortable and good location but overall, I wouldn't stay again. I wouldn't intentionally deter others especially if they find this to be a good price compared to other places. Not for me though. Thank you.
Other trip Oct 23, 2013
The Grand Plaza apartments are in an upscale neighborhood and which is a good starting point to many sights in London. The apartment we stayed in was very clean with comfy beds. It was nice having a kitchen. The staff were very helpful and responded quickly to requests.
6 night trip Oct 8, 2013
Paula
"Perfect base for our London family trip"
The hotel seemed very good from the website, and was advertised as "luxury apartments". Well, I have a different definition of "luxury" then the hotel owners, and this is not it. However: The hotel is 5 min from Bayswater tube, nice and clean and provide you with a room or two, a clean and fresh bathroom and kitchenette (but without the advertised dishwasher). There's also a nice selection of restaurants around Bayswater Tube Station. The personnel at the hotel was very helpful and friendly, providing assistance for all our needs. The continental breakfast was as good as a continental breakfast can get, with real cappuchino, latte and other coffees being made and served by hotel personnel. All in all good value for the money, and we only spent about 2 hours in the room each day except from when we were sleeping.
Other trip Oct 16, 2013
Rune
Friendly staff. Good location and close to the Bayswater Tube. Hotel hallways are a maze. Comfortable room and it was nice to have a small kitchen.
7 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Ideal Location"
The Grand Plaza Serviced Apartments were great. We three women enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again. The staff were friendly and helpful in all ways. Rooms were clean and comfortable for the three of us. My only complaint was that I felt the room was too warm even with the air conditioning that was in the room. The hotel itself was an ideal location, very close to two tube stops, Bayswater and Queensway. Lots of places to eat and shop.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Nina
"Great hote!!! Very clean and excellent location!"
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Close to the underground and great shopping! We loved having a kitchenette and a second Tv with a couch and table. Our room was very clean and quiet. Can't wait to come back here again!
Other trip Oct 10, 2013
Terri
Excellent choise for longer stays! Good location, clean and safe neighbourhood. Shopping facilities and good restaurants nearby. The room was perfect: spacious, clean and well equipped. Promised equipment and more could be found at the room. Didn't test the hotel breakfast but facilities for making your own were excellent. Staff businesslike but very helpful. Very good rate between price and quality. All in all, very pleased with this apartment hotel!
Other trip Oct 8, 2013
We had a great visit while in London. Would definately stay at this hotel again!
5 night trip Sep 25, 2013
Refridge broken entire stay. No response to requests to have it fixed. Purchased food that ended up spoiled. Expected much better service for cost.
Other trip Oct 2, 2013
susan
The room was a very good location near Hyde park and multiple tube stations. Rooms were a good size but the bathroom ceiling was low I'm 6'3" and I had to duck in the shower. Also this alarm went off a couple of mornings which was very annoying. Other then that my girlfriend and I had a wonderful experience everything was great.
Other trip Sep 30, 2013
wyatt
"great location but really needs a remodel!"
This hotel is in a great location, close to 2 tube stops (Queensway and Baywater). The surrounding neighborhood was great, staff service was average. The apartment we rented had dirty carpet, was desperately in need of painting, had an old, stale smell with a very strange layout that required you to do multiple steps within the unit. The kitchen was poorly equipped with a broken hot pot and very few kitchen implements.
4 night trip Sep 24, 2013