All hotels in London, England, United Kingdom

Bad amenities
    Bad breakfast
    Poor vibe
"London Vacation"
Great location, clean hotel and polite and helpful staff.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Great as Usual"
I shop for a living....location...location....location. Staff is super helpful...arrived 7:30....they tried to accommodate me ...as I waited in the lounge at the top of the hotel that has amazing views and cappuccino.
2 night business trip Sep 8, 2013
Gina
"Great Location and Great Air Conditioner"
Room was fine but the hotel was older. Had good service and the location was great. The air conditioning was excellent, and needed, since the temperatures were in the low 90 degrees F. Would stay there again. Service was great and the people very helpful.
4 night trip Jul 28, 2013
Vicki
"Saint Georges Hotel London"
When I checked in the young woman behind the counter told me that "we have a lovely room for you". It was true. Good size room with a view including double bed, desk, chair and flat screen tv. The bathroom was roomy & modern. The location is great with many reasonably priced choices for good food (check out Valpiano & Oser nearby). Starbucks a few doors down. Easy walk to shopping and the sights of London. All in all I believe if the price is right you won't be disappointed.
3 night business trip Jul 28, 2013
Wayne
In general, the stay was very pleasant. We happened to stay there during the hottest days since 7 years ago. As a result, we ran the AC quite a bit which caused leaks in the ceiling which were noise, messy, and the ceiling tile looked like it would cave in at any second. The hotel took care of it while we were out, but the second night, we also had a major leak. The room is comfortable, although, bring your own hangers. As with all of the hotels we experienced on this trip, there were only 4 hangers. The room was comfortable and spacious enough for the evenings when we got back from our adventures, however not really enough space to hang out for long periods of time. Really, more of a central location to drop stuff off and sleep.
3 night trip Jul 15, 2013
Mandy
"Very convenient to the Hop On/ Hop Off and train"
Satisfied
2 night trip Jul 15, 2013
"Don't Bother"
My stay was miserable there. I was booked and paid for two nights but only stayed for one. The beds were small and very uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning on the hottest day of the year. The wifi was intermittent and difficult. The key "process" may be quaint to some, to me it is antiquanted and silly. This hotel needs to be upgraded. Right now, it is a collection of bad habits that have been allowed to linger far too long.
2 night business trip Jul 21, 2013
JG
"It was better than a 4 but not quit a 5..."
The hotel is well situated. It is across the street from a hotel costing several times as much but I found everything I needed right here. It was a couple of blocks from the tube. Easy connection to Paddington and the office I was visiting. The restaurant was very good but limited. The only things I found a tad annoying were that the AC cut off mid morning and it happened to be hot in London at the time. It would have been nice to have cut back on in late afternoon before I got back. But it did cool down pretty quickly. Also the shower curtain clung to you. Hey if those are the only problems, it is pretty good I'd say!
4 night business trip Jul 16, 2013
D Smith
"Great location, but needs a refresh"
Perfect location at a good value for seeing all the sights of London. The room finishes are in need of updating as they are a bit tired and musty. Even with that, the location and price outweighs the downsides.
5 night family trip Jul 7, 2013
MFritts
"Friday 05 July Stay"
The hotel is conveniently located near Oxford Circus Underground station, and is within easy walking distance of Picadilly Circus. The staff were very competent and courteous. The dinner in The Heights restaurant was excellent.
Other trip Jul 12, 2013
"Please consider another hotel"
Our room had a terrible smell of mold that emanated from the bathroom because of poor ventilation. The tile floor in the bathroom was broken, as was the desk. The decorative pillow on the bed and bed runner, and the curtains all had stains on them and the chair for the desk had dried cereal stains on it. Overall, I was very disappointed with the quality of our room, especially considering how much we paid for it. The staff were all friendly, but at the end of the day, if the room is not clean or smells, it ruins the experience. I would rather pay more than to not have to stay in this hotel again.
5 night trip Jun 28, 2013
Cristina
"fantastic location"
This hotel is centrally located to everything. You can walk most anywhere or do as we did and got a one week metro pass. Service at the hotel was excellent. Room was large and clean. Only thing I can knock is the toilet seat was broken and the towel heater didn't work. Other than that, we will be back.
7 night family trip Jun 27, 2013
ron
"Nice enough, but not noteworthy"
The hotel didn't quite meet my expectations after reading their website. However, the room was clean, and the staff friendly, even if they didn't know much about the area. The concierge, when found, was helpful. The rooms were a good size for the location - plenty of room for two people.
Other trip Jun 28, 2013
"Nice hotel with good view"
I liked the location and nearby areas to walk. Good value. Clean, quiet.
2 night trip Jun 17, 2013
"This hotel needs a major renovation."
We realize staying in London would we most likely in a older hotel,but this was old,outdated. The whole facilty needs a major overhaul to bring it up to a good standard that most people are used to. We sat waiting for our taxi to the airport and heard others complaining even more than we were. Good possibilties for this place but they need to spend the money and make it right.
Other trip Jun 20, 2013
richard
"Verify amenities before check-in"
Hotel is in a very nice location. Upon check-in, I was told that my floor had no air conditioning. Normally, this would not be an issue, but the weather was unseasonable warm for London. Fortunately, my window opened and the hotel provided a small fan. In fairness to the hotel, they offered to move me but I refused due to re-packing everything. Lastly, they advertised free wifi, but I wasn't able to access it unless I went to the restaurant on the top floor.
4 night family trip Jun 6, 2013
"Convenient location close to Oxford Circus"
Great location. Good places to eat very close to the hotel. The room was clean. Free wi-fi. No complaints!!
4 night family trip May 22, 2013
"Good hotel and convenient location"
We had a good experience at the hotel. The room was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel was located about a 5 minute walk to Oxford Circus underground station, which was very convenient. We took a double decker bus tour and one of the stops was only about 2 blocks away from the hotel. We would definitely stay here again.
Other trip May 21, 2013
Kristen
"Fabulous hotel in fabulous location."
Highly recommended!
8 night trip May 9, 2013
"Great location but..."
The best place about this hotel is the location. It is in the middle of it all. Two blocks from the Oxford Circus tube - excellent location. Unfortunately this is where the review goes southbound. Three things majorly wrong with my room. 1) the tub drain would just not drain unless you held the knob. The knob was supposed to be turned and you can just leave it but mine was broke and they couldn't fix it. So take a shower and have water up to your calf. 2) The Wifi is free but completely useless. If you need to rely on Wifi for business this is NOT the place to go. 3) Various outlets in the room were out. In general, the rooms are old and in serious need of upgrade. They are clean mind you but no cleaning is going to fix the need to repair their rooms. Spend the extra money or go to a cheaper part of town and pay the same money for a much better hotel. The staff though is great but they can only do so much.
4 night trip May 12, 2013

The following English reviews were posted by hotel guests from other countries:

"Great little bolt hole"
Great value hotel in the heart of the west end. I stayed as it was my leaving do and couldn't face a drunken train journey home. Checked in at 4pm easily and efficiently, checked my friend in later and had a nice nights sleep on a comfy bed. Only downside was the early start to building work (9am) in the hotel which wasn't great on a hangover.
1 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2016
Matthew
"Just OK"
The room was tiny. It is the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in. As a comparison it was significantly smaller than the average Travelodge double.
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2016
"Business stay"
This is a very tired looking hotel that clearly needs a makeover. Room was shabby, although clean and comfortable. Area is great for shopping and in the heart of London surprisingly quiet. Homeless people sleep in tents outside the front of the hotel. Breakfast service was slow and not worth the money
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2016
T
We picked this hotel for it's location. Easy walk from Oxford Circus tube, only a couple of stops from Euston and walkable to theatre and dining areas. Couldn't have picked a better spot. It's not a good looking hotel but the view from the 15th floor restaurant at breakfast more than made up for it. Great value for money for such a fab location.
1 night trip with friends Mar 5, 2016
"Solid"
I stayed at the hotel two nights in a row - friendly staff, quite nice rooms actually if a little tired on the decor front. Perfectly comfortable and pleasant. What the hotel lacks in luxury it more than makes up for in service, good views across the city and location.
1 night business trip Mar 4, 2016
"Solid"
Nice hotel. It's a little tired in some areas and needs a refurb, which they've started doing in some rooms. I work nearby and sometimes need a place to stay if we're working late so it's an ideal location in central London. Views are the selling point really, you do wake up to a good view to the south over London. The staff are really friendly and professional. Solid hotel, just needs a little TLC with the decor.
1 night business trip Mar 3, 2016
"OK - but needs a lot of TLC"
I checked in about 6pm and was given a refurbished room which was an upgrade from the one I booked. When I got to the room it was quite nice but there was a strange noise which at first I thought was the air conditioning but on further investigation it sounded like a lift shaft. I asked at reception to be moved and the staff were very nice explaining that it was a lift that ran through the building which was not part of the hotel. They also explained it normally stopped outside working hours. Anyway I was given an alternative room which was not a refurbished room and was quite down at heel, a bit chilly as there was no double glazing and the air conditioning/heating unit did not work. Instead there was a plug in electric heater! I did not use the restaurant or visit the Heights bar which I know from a visit some years ago has a spectacular view over London and my room on 12 th floor had a great view over Broadcasting House. This is such a shame that this well positioned hotel which was once the height of luxury is now very dated and needs a huge investment to bring it back to its former glory. It is quite sad as some of the period features of the 70s are still there and could be highlighted should it be totally upgraded. In summary it was OK if you just needed somewhere clean and adequate to sleep in this part of London but sadly it fell short of a Premier Inn in comfort and appearance but the reception staff were very nice and helpful.
1 night trip Feb 24, 2016
"Unbeatable value for central London Hotel"
First stay at Saint Georges & only found this great value hotel on Hotel.Com website. Very clean & tidy room with fantastic location for my business trip to London.
1 night business trip Feb 17, 2016
Mick
"Mistake"
Dirty sheets, mould on walls, stuffy smell and not very new bathrooms
1 night business trip Feb 9, 2016
"Great Position and Vista but room a little tired"
This hotel needs upgrading but potentilly a great place to stay. Lot of roadarorks and hoardings surrounding the place when I stayed
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
A.
"Tired construction project"
The hotel is currently under construction. There was a lot of construction noise. But this was only after about 9:30 so it wasn't a big issue. The room was clean. But it was very very tired. The lights were dim and several bulbs were burned out. The trim, faucets, shower, etc. in my room are all on their last legs. Again clean but end of life. I wouldn't stay again or recommend it to a friend.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
Ryan
On 14th floor very noisy early night on Friday night musoc up stairs
2 night business trip Dec 3, 2015
"Overpriced"
Paid £200 for the "Premium" room (one night) and I'm still trying to figure out what I paid the extra money for. Very cramped hotel room with an uncomfortable bed.
Other trip Oct 28, 2015
"Nice hotel in the middle of town"
it was great - we were there for a conference - nice view over to the BBC place
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2015
Diana
"Good hotel - and excellent location"
This hotel may not bee the most modern hotel in London, however it is clean and the location is perfect for everything (just á 2 min walk to Oxford Circus). The size of the room was excellent en even though the bed was not the most comfortable we had a good night sleep. I highly recommend this hotel - if you don't care about old fittings and things like that.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2015
Margét
"Affordable West End Hotel"
2 day business trip to London - ideally situated for that, and leisure time.
2 night business trip Sep 13, 2015
Simon
"If location is important then it's OK"
We were attending a wedding at All Souls church which is next to the hotel so the location was excellent for this. The hotel itself is OK - in a 60s office block type building. Views from the upper floors are good. Room was good. Could not open the secondary glazed windows. Main window frames are old and show it.
1 night romance trip Sep 19, 2015
"Handy but expensive"
A very basic city centre hotel - no frills, but city centre prices! very expensive for what is provided, but - location, location, location! Inside the door of my room was a dried twig decoration which was full of dust. I blew on it and a cloud of dust engulfed me! Bathroom needs a refurb. Shower was over the bath with a curtain. Fine but rather dated. Carpet needs replacing. In fact the whole décor could do with a refit and with the prices they charge, it wouldn't take long to recoup the cost. Right next to the BBC, so they can charge what they want.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
Mr. Eric
"A calm environment within a hectic city."
The folks at Reception made my stay most welcoming. The gentleman at check-in and the delightful lady (Dutch Antilles) on my departure. Big smile from both and with a sense of humour.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2015
Geoffrey
"Recommended."
Nice hotel in a great locatio .
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Superb location"
Hotel superb location Lovely room Fabius view Did not eat in hotel Will be back
1 night trip with friends Aug 17, 2015
Noreen
"Very poor"
On arrival I was offered a single room (even though booked a double) but I managed to get that changed. Even so, the hotel room didn't match the description of the room I booked. It was tiny (booking said 40+m2) and it had no minibar (clearly stated when booking. A complete let down.
1 night business trip Aug 19, 2015
"Great location and good hotel but no luxury break"
We stayed for a Sunday night and chose this hotel because of it's location and the great rate offered on hotels.com. For £108 in central London, 2 minute walk from Oxford Circus, I cannot fault the hotel's location. The reception staff were friendly and courteous, letting us check in early. The room was clean and tidy and the bed was comfortable with an awesome view (considering we were on the 1st floor, it'd be great from higher levels!) BUT having said that the hotel would benefit from a bit of an update - the room could have used a lick of paint and is probably due an overhaul soon. Having said that I would stay there again, it's not a hotel that you're staying at as part of a luxury spa retreat, its perfect for convenience and being a the middle of it all.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Anne
"A disservice to the neighbourhood"
This hotel is very tired and needs a revamp.It rests on the fact that it is situated in a great location.The beading in the bathroom window came away; the exterior window sills had not been cleaned in years;there are insufficient towel rails; the staff are there,but not there!
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2015
Wally
ZA
"Good Hotel"
Short business stay - helpful pleasant staff.
1 night business trip Aug 5, 2015
"Comfortable stay"
Overall a good stay. The hotel is obviously not had a re-fit in a few years but the room was a good size and comfortable plus the location is great. Nice touches like free mineral water and proper coffee. The shower was also hot and powerful unlike some hotels I have stayed in. Staff friendly. A little more expensive than some hotels in the area but not bad value for money.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
Nicholas
"Comfortable but dated hotel"
1 stay for business. I chose this hotel for the close proximity to oxford street during the tube strike. The room was comfortable enough, and pretty quiet for the location - its just getting very tired. Definitely in need of a refurb i'd say. Was also surprised the bar had closed at 10pm on a thursday night.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
"Stunning Views"
Hotel top floors of converted office block. Whilst the room was clean and comfortable many parts of the hotel are in great need of removing traces of its office block past. The views were stunning and the staff were friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip Aug 5, 2015
"Great Location, okay Hotel"
This hotel is fine if you just need an overnight close to the city centre, it was pretty basic with regards comfort but plenty of facilities in the room, everything you need.
Other trip Aug 6, 2015