All hotels in Frigate Bay, St. Kitts, St. Kitts and Nevis

"Very comfortable, well appointed, nice location"
stayed at the Marriott St. Kitts for 4 nights over a weekend. from moment of arrival was made to feel quite welcomed by the front desk and receiving staff. Check -in was quick. Hotel was within walking distance of several restaurants and car rental facilities were located on the property for convenience.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Roger
"Complimentary coffee"
The hotel is great. Dining at the hotel is a bit expensive, but the food is outstanding and worth every penny, especially the pasta buffet. We had an early flight out and one suggestion for the hotel is to have complimentary coffee in the lobby due to no room service in the am, and no restaurants to purchase any. Overall great location on the island. Marriott provides personal pavilions on the beach which we used 6 days out of our 7. There is at least 3 pools. We also visited Reggae beach, which was great. We went to Shipwreck beach to see the monkeys. Thanks to Marriott, a fantastic vacation.
vicki
"Resort Hotel"
A pleasant hotel that does what it says on the cover. Great staff, good location and super pizza shack. I only had one complaint and that was you do need to check your bill if you have paid for breakfast in advance or took the $$ resort daily credits as these items where charged (in the case of breakfast) and not included (in the case of the credits). In the end this was not a problem as the bill was correct promptly and politely when notified.
We had a very good time. The staff at the St. Kitts Marriott were very nice.
5 night family trip Jul 17, 2014
Dean
"Decent property, mixed service"
I will start off by saying that I am well-traveled and have been to many islands in the Caribbean so my expectations are most likely slightly higher than most. Overall St. Kitts is a gorgeous island, the scenery is beautiful (away from the main town). In the cab to the hotel we were immediately told about the renaissance that St. Kitts is trying to undertake. Formerly reliant on sugar for their economy, they are newer to tourism (about 10 years). All of the locals thanked us for choosing St. Kitts and wanted to make sure that we had a great time. For the most part, everyone was very friendly. The rooms can use some updating but for the most part weren't too bad. The hotel itself and the pool are much bigger than they look online - but you may need to get down to the pool early to grab chairs and one of the very limited umbrellas. The beach was also very nice with plenty of cabanas/chairs, but the ocean on this side of the island is rough and after a recent hurricane the water and beach covered in piles of seaweed. I enjoyed the swim-up bar but it can get loud, so we opted for the beach. But the 'beach vendors' (locals) were annoying and insistent offering various services. Service at the front desk and casino were very friendly but restaurant service was ridiculously slow. If you don't want the expensive breakfast buffet expect it to take awhile. Also we had the worst service at their signature steak house and wouldn't recommend it, esp. for the prices.
Other trip Jul 10, 2014
Maggie
"Comfortable and clean hotel"
Good resort hotel, with many great dining options and pools available. The beach at the back of the resort is on the Atlantic side which makes the water rough, despite the placement of barriers, so that was the only disappointment . Great and very friendly staff
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
Nick
"Wonderful to relax and unwind"
Overall, I had a good experience but the snacks were not enjoyable to eat and way too overpriced. I do not mind paying money on a meal or snack rather that I enjoy but in this case, I didn't. I more enjoyed the bbq chicken from the locals.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice hotel but BIG"
Maybe a 4* rating for the island, but not a 4* hotel. More like a 3-1/2*. Rooms are big and nice, but amenities are lacking. No make-up/shaving mirror in bathroom. Number of towels and wash cloths left vary daily and some days no wash cloths available. Air-conditioning, when on, blows hard right in you face in bed. Most rooms are at least a 5 minute walk to the lobby, ours was a 10minute walk. HUGE hotel. Nice pool and beach with lots of lounge chairs for the small number of guest while we were there. However, the day we left, there were 10times the number of people, so pool and beach may have been crowded. But, this is the only "nice" resort hotel near town, so you don't have much choice. Just make sure you use Expedia to get a really good rate so that you will not feel like you over paid too much. Resort fee is HIGH and internet is $12.50/day on top of that. Parking is free but far away from the rooms.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
G
"Caribbean Vacation"
I had a wonderful time in St. Kitts. I went with a friend of mine and we stayed for a week. I was traveling from Philadelphia, PA and she was flying in from New York City, NY. We had booked the trip as a last minute decision when our first destination (Grand Cayman) was unavailable for her time share during the week before Memorial Day. We selected the St. Kitts Marriott Resort and Royal Beach Casino because it was the nicest resort we could find when researching. It also was quite close to the airport. The resort was on one of the most beautiful stretches of beach on the entire island and quite close to the strip on Frigate Bay. It was a quiet vacation and I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that my experience in St. Kitts was really rather authentic and not extremely commercialized. One thing that I wasn't a fan of, but had no control over, was the fact that in St. Kitts it gets dark at 7 pm. We didn't have as much day light so planning each day was quite crucial.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
Belinda
"It was horrible"
Marriott hotel have problem with AC sesstm no any activities in the hotel very boring.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
ivan
"Great Vacation"
St Kitts is a wonderful destination and the Marriott just made it better. The pool was great, the bar and restaurant next to the pool was both good and convenient. Beach was beautiful with FREE cabanas and chairs. The restaurants in the hotel were REALLY good. I have heard some say they were expensive, but no more so than in Hawaii. St. Kitts is, after all, an island where everything has to be brought in. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"No other choices, you have the market cornered"
It was run of the mill, certainly nothing special. Food could use a major upgrade!
3 night business trip May 21, 2014
MMR
"Inspiring Place for Writers."
My room was perfect, my experience wonderful. The breakfast that came with the room was exceptional and all the staff were pleasant and went out of their way to make my stay comfortable. My daughter had the room adjoining mine, and she had a less enjoyable experience. The clothes in her closet were damp, and she didn't sleep well, plus the water pressure in her shower was horribly low. The great think about the hotel is that they would move you to another room if you have complaints. My daughter didn't tell me about her complaints until after we checked out. Oh well.
Other trip May 28, 2014
Ana
"Beautiful hotel right on the beach"
The staff were so friendly and helpful to make our stay in st. Kitts the most enjoyable! I would highly recommend the Marriott beach resort in st kitts to anyone that needs a relaxing getaway with beautiful scenery!
Other trip May 27, 2014
Deedee
"EXCELLANT"
The hotel staff was superior in service and attentive attitude. They were great.
Other trip May 20, 2014
The room wasn't freshened midway through our stay in the time share and it was supposed to be. We were then told it would be the next day - again it wasn't done but when we called they finally came that night. It is a nice property some glitches with the hotel staff though - I would rate it as very good but not excellent property.
Other trip May 6, 2014
"Family Vacation to St. Kitts"
Very accomodating and pleasing hotel to stay in when the family was visiting our Ross University student on St. Kitts. Was a great home base for tours of the island and day trips to Nevis. Good food, including a special Easter Brunch.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Tootie
"Breezy cool location"
Pleasing experience. Friendly accommodating staff. Golf nearby, nice beach. price and location friendly staff privacy and not overcrowded
Other trip Apr 23, 2014
"Nice Hotel on the Beach"
The Marriott was a beautiful hotel on the beach. If you are more of a pool person, there are many wonderful pools on the grounds. The grounds are kept well, and the personnel is very polite and helpful.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Vivian
Stayed at the hotel March 22 - 29, 2014. Nice hotel, clean. Staff is friendly. Beach is amazing, planty of shades. Food - so, so and expensive. No Cash accepted in the restaraunts. No night life.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
Antoine
"Best Beach Hotel on St Kitts"
First visit to St Kitts and we were not disappointed. The Marriott is huge place and has everything you could want ... from casual food to more upscale dining. A car rental and Duty Free store on premise. Everything on premise can be conveniently charged to your room. Great beach with 30+ cabanas to allow you to manage the amount of sun. These go fast ... most are taken by 10am and held all day. Several pools are available for those who don't like the beach. Some negatives; 1) Food and drink is expensive compared to the states ... some up to 2x. This is true for both on premise and off premise 2) I do not recommend driving. They drive on the left side of the road, many round-a-bouts and roads are narrow 3) Taxi is the preferred way of travel but is also expensive. No meters in cabs, to-and-from fares are negotiated upfront.
Other trip Apr 1, 2014
Terry
"Great Island"
Marriott does a great job and has a spectacular location on St. Kitts
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
The back of the hotel is surround by low grade apartments for students and really downgrades the whole experience. The entire site is a concrete soulless jungle with sporadic plants intermingled with beautiful royal palms. The usual rip off with internet was experienced with ridiculously high charges applied if not using the wifi in the lobby. Even when using the paid wifi it cut out every few minutes. The concierge staff were exceedingly helpful and the waitresses attentive in the Calypso cafe. Food was mediocre. Will not be returning any time soon.
2 night trip Mar 23, 2014
"Still the best hotel on the island"
Very friendly staff, always helpful and professional. Very good overall location and have all necessary conveniences. Very good but expensive dining.
4 night family trip Mar 19, 2014
Lenny
"Nice hotel, beautiful beach, awesome room."
Just returned from 5 days, 4 nights at the Marriott. Hotel was just ok. Needs some updating, paint, fixing up. Looks "tired" and worn out, but not horrible. Our room in building 11, room 313 was a corner room, very clean, and HUGE. Loved the huge balcony too. Don't request it, if you can not do stairs. Ate breakfast at take-out Calypso Cafe (Fruit, muffins, bagels) and Calypso restaurant breakfast off menu, not buffet. Also, ate lunch at Pizza Shack (Jerk chicken wrap, best I have ever had) and Bohemia Beach restaurant for lunch. All good meals. LOVED the beach cabanas. We saved ours at 8-8:30 AM, and always found one, first row closest to the water. The ocean is super warm, and clear. Long walks along on the beach-perfect. Joe, who brings his pet monkey named Sunny around, real nice guy. Ate at Serendipity, Spice Mill, Marshalls, and Ciao. Loved all of them. Great lobster and shrimp ! Ask for "Leo's" taxi if you can. Very nice guy, and informative about island. "Sweet P" also great taxi.
Other trip Mar 22, 2014
Carrie
"Spacious, relaxing resort"
Helpful, friendly staff. Plenty of amenities (pools, restaurants, shops, casino), and walking distance to restaurants and shops in town. Visually pleasing grounds. Quiet rooms. Slightly dated, but well maintained properties, although room had a few minor things needing attention. Beach and pools were clean and well kept. It seemed like all island visitors were staying at this resort. But resort never felt crowded (end of March). Clientele were quiet and respectful (no late night partying, e.g.). Happy hour was too short (45 min!), but probably for the best.
Other trip Mar 21, 2014
"Garden houses are noisy."
I can only speak to the Garden house we stayed in, but it was very noisy. Every time a guest from another room entered or left their room, sounds echoed like we were in a concrete and steel stairway. We could hear toilets being flushed and guests in the room above walking around. Also, the rooms could use some refurbishing.
Other trip Mar 7, 2014
"Very Average"
The property is getting tired and was not very well maintained. Some staff were awesome, others acted as if they were doing us a favor. The other guests we met were the highlight of our trip.
Other trip Mar 3, 2014
Alicia
Everything was perfect !!!
2 night trip Feb 26, 2014
Richie
"Great Location but Service Needs Help"
It was our first visit to St. Kitts, we have stayed at many Marriott resorts so we had a certain level of expectation. The location and amenities didn’t disappoint. It helped that the weather was perfect. The down side and disappointment was with the service level. It took a long time to get food, beverages and service. When you were served the staff was surly and seemed unhappy. The room had repair issues that were there for the length of our stay. They could also invest in heaters for the pool and jacuzzi, they were freezing.
Other trip Feb 6, 2014
RK
"Great location."
We decided to take a week and head to St Kitts and loved the island and the hotel. We rented a car and had a chance to see the entire island. The Marriott is located in the perfect place. Always a nice breeze and plenty of sunshine. The hotel was totally full for our entire stay but it NEVER felt like it. We didn't have to wait for a drink at the bar or hunt for a lounge chair by one of the three pools. All in all it was a great experience. Staff was friendly, casino wasn't crowded, pool was nicely kept and the weather was wonderful.
Other trip Feb 2, 2014
"In Decline"
Formerly a great place Now you can't get a towel in your room or at pool. Food expensive and 12% added to everything. Internet when it works is $13 per day! We won't be back after going many years
4 night family trip Dec 25, 2013
RVC
"Very rude personnel."
The hotel is great but personnel at the front desk doesn't care about anything. The food is very expensive but doesn't have many options. pool and the beach are great and well maintain.
Other trip Dec 22, 2013
Billy
"Not paradise"
The food and food service was mediocre and very expensive.Much of resort worn and run down, stores closed and filled with dusty storagel Not so great
4 night trip Dec 4, 2013
Judy
"Beautiful hotel and resort!"
I have vacationed many times in St. kitts but this was the first time at the Marriott. The hotel is beautiful along with the pool and many amenities. We had a great experience with the entire trip. The hotel staff were warm and welcomng form beginning to end.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Terry
"It was okay staying at St. Kitts Marriott"
Not every hotel staff was nice. Especially this lady who works at the cafe near the lobby was very unpleasant when I asked her for assistance. Other than this lady, most of staff were generous. My hotel room was clean, but I saw some long hair (my hairs are relatively shorter) sticking against the bathtub wall. Everything is very expensive at the hotel, so you better be prepared.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Nice hotel close to beach"
The checkin didn't go well due to computers being down and front desk staff was unable to confirm the deal that I reserved on Expedia. It involved getting a $25 per person for up to two people resort credit per day. The Marriott staff insisted it was $25 only instead of $50 per day so at checkout there was a lot of money left to spend; and it was use it or lose it. Other then that, service was very good, food is great, nice pools, great rooms.
Other trip Nov 15, 2013
"Dissapointing service."
Check in was scheduled for 4pm but we were not given a room until after 6pm. The room we were given was not the same as we reserved and the hotel did not offer an explanation as to the difference and only told us that we wouldn't be able to have the room we reserved until the next day.
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
Very satisfactory. The temperature of the room was too cold for a Caribbean person. I recommend keeping the room more comfortable. Everything else was fine. Staff generally were helpful, courteous and mannerly. I highly recommend the resort for a peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable vacation.
4 night trip Sep 25, 2013
St. Kitts Marriottt
Great
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
"The Place to Stay on Saint Kitts"
Any property with a beach front is a top draw for me. I do not want to have to do more than walk a few minutes to find myself in the splendor of the ocean or the sea. So Marriott is perfect in this respect. I love, love, LOVE happy hour in the pool! Even if you are not a big drinker, you can still enjoy the whole atmosphere created by the swim-up bar, poolside, and live DJ, with dancing both in the pool and on the deck! Love that. The morning water aerobics class is a nice way to get your daily exercise in, and to kick off a day of enjoying the water and the sun. Classes are free! Get the packet deal for the trip to Nevis. There is a cost; reasonable for what is offered (I checked with my local friends). It's a nice way to see the Sister isle, in the company and camaraderie of fellow guests, with personalized and prearranged transportation, tour guide and meal. Oh and you also get time to go swimming on Nevis. Make sure you visit Brimstone Hill Fortress, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Keep a sharp eye out for the Green Vervet monkeys, who outnumber the populace! Get the Chocolate Cake and the Chicken Roti in Café Calypso. #thatisall
Other trip Oct 24, 2013
Ida
"Good but not Great......"
It is a very good place to stay. The people are nice and professional. The overall rating for the food is a 3.... it is not bad at all but the selection could be improved and overall quality is good to average.......... I stay there often.... when I stay at a Resort Hotel, I really like to be pampered... they're nice but not pampering..... when a person checks in, you should have a small bottle of water in the refrigerator for them to have until they have time to stock up, even most average hotels do that now. I am a Marriott fan and as I say- this resort is OK but it is not at the level of many Marriotts I've stayed at. My perception comes with 40 years of experience in the Hospitality Industry. My rating is AVERAGE. They need to look into doing the Little Things that make every guest feel special and PAMPERED. I do realize they are a $200 a night hotel and not a $500 per night. I will continue to stay there on my St. Kitts visits, its the best that St. Kitts has to offer. I was very impressed with the layout of the Golf Course.
1 night trip Oct 16, 2013
Dean McGhee
"Beautiful Property"
Beautiful place with friendly staff. Deluxe room has a nice view of the property and ocean. Friendly staff at the swim up pool bar making great drinks & good food. Only complaint was the Air Conditioning in the room. We had it worked on 3 different times and although was running continually we could never get the room below 75 degrees. We like to sleep cold and couldn't get it like we are used to.
5 night trip Sep 30, 2013
DB
"Beautiful experience"
Great service with a beautiful environment. My room was very comfortable. . The only problem I had was my refrigerator was not working. I called staff down to fix it several times but no one came. That problem was only minor to the enjoyable experience I had.
6 night family trip Sep 10, 2013
Joan O.
"Beautiful hotel"
The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The beach is clean and has many cabanas available. Rooms are clean and comfortable! We visited 4 Seasons Resort just before this and The Marriott was so much nicer. We will definitely return!!
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Great hotel, staff and food"
The hotel was nice. The restaurants were pricey, but 2 of out of 3 nights they had a fixed menu at the Seafood and Italian restaurant and you receive a lot for your money. We booked the trip with the breakfast buffet included and it was well worth it. Thanks Expedia! The buffet offered eggs, pancakes and waffles made fresh as you wait every day. They also had fruits, pastries and cereals. Please note that they do add a charge a 12.5% to your food bill that is split among the wait staff, so do consider this when leaving a tip. I don't know if this normal for all islands, but most islands I have visited in the past were all-inclusive so I did not see the food bill. I highly recommended this hotel and take the ferry trip to Nevis.
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
Debbie
"Nice for a quick getaway. 3 nights was enough."
3 nights was enough. Some staff was very helpful & cordial. Some lacked a desire to be of service.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
"St Kitts Marriott"
Nice family resort..had a great time...a bit pricey for most items...its the islands and convenience costs $$..
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Nice Hotel with shops, great pools and nice beach"
Stayed there on a recent business trip. The staff was very friendly, food service is a little slow but normal for the island, food was great but pricey (again normal for St Kitts). The beach was raked every morning to get rid of any algae and other things washed up by the ocean. Great view.
Other trip Jul 19, 2013
"Great hotel, but get out for food."
Great atmosphere, beach, and friendly staff. Hotel restaurant food too expensive. Can't compete with simple restaurants down the street. Get off the resort and experience the island. It is extremely safe to go out at night for dinner and you will get wayyyyy more food for your dollar. Nothing against the staff or location or room quality, you will be extremely comfortable, you just have no idea how expensive the hotel food is until you actually check the area.
Other trip Jul 7, 2013