All hotels in Hershey, Pennsylvania, United States of America

Room is not nice
    Dirty
    Bad amenities
    Poor vibe
"Family weekend in Hershey"
Room was perfect. Clean, comfortable beds, microwave and refrigerator. Heat worked perfectly. 3 miles from Hershey park. Will definitely be back again.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Tyson
"Hershey Friendly"
The charming and friendly owner of the Rodeway Inn makes your stay feel like you are staying with family. The Inn is situated on Chocolate Ave. with easy access to all of the Hershey attractions and has a terrific restaurant next door. My daughter fell in love with the waffles served for breakfast in the lobby. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Cheryl
"Business weekend"
Over all there our stay here was really good. There was a time where breakfast wasn't bein sirved because they were under staffed but there are a number of result rants to the area that were accessible.
2 night business trip Nov 21, 2014
"good"
It was a good place to stay for a weekend at a great price!!!
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Inexpensive comfort in Hershey"
Just needed a place to lay our heads after spending the day at Hershey Park for their Christmas set up. Room was clean, beds were nice and comfortable and we were greeted upon arrival by the night time manager for check in. Overall a good experience.
1 night family trip Nov 15, 2014
"Recent stay"
My room smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. It was very unpleasant. Not sure if the maid had been smoking when making up the room, or if it was wafting in from elsewhere, or just a permanent lingering condition. Otherwise, the room and hotel were generally in good condition.
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
"Most disgusting motel ever"
Motel dirty,curtains hanging off rod, carpet bedding dirty, moulding off wall in bathroom,room had terrible odor. We did not stay there. Ask for bill adjustment but denied. We went to another motel.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
harry
"Old, but clean"
If you're anything like me, when you go away for pleasure, you just need a hotel for a bed and a shower because you want to spend most of your time out and about exploring. If you don't need any 5-star amenities, this is a good choice. This hotel is close to the main HersheyPark complex (about a 10 minute drive with only 2 turns) but not so close that the park opening and closing traffic snarl will affect you. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfy but it's clear that the building needs a little TLC.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2014
"Stay for car show"
Light was out in the bathroom and the air coditioner was noisy
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
jason
Staff person nice. Bed comfortable. Breakfast good. Old room needed some maintenance
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"WPIWYG"
What you pay is what you get. The rates were low and so was the service. No water bottles in the room and no easily found vending machine either. No real place to seat and eat breakfast and it closed around 9.15 AM. No one was present at the front desk when we checked out. Actually front desk office was locked saying it was locked due to unavailability of any employee to work on a Friday morning? The best thing was the Bar and Grill next door. Walking from the hotel, it is like 100 feet away and the best food I ever had on a vacation. I think the name is Duke for the food place. Rooms were clean enough but I don't know how you get an extra bad or even a towel with no one present at front desk. Location is only 4 miles from Hershey park and rates were very reasonable.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2014
Yogi
"Good as compared to what you paid"
Everything went smooth. ... the only problem was beds and sheets. Sheets were not so clean and I had a back and neck pain after waking up in the morning bcoz of worst bed ever.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
"Worst Stay Ever!!!"
I came here for an overnight stay in order to take my 10 yr. old to Hershey Park. l was so disgusted with this place that we left and stayed at Hershey Lodge. We were given a room that the toilet did not flush. Then, they tell us they fixed it and we go back to our room to find the same broken toilet. Finally, they switch our room and while we were watching WWE on the T.V. the whole screen goes blank. We had to go back to the office (forgot to say phone did not work either) and we were told someone would come to fix it. Then, we were told there are probably storms in the area. At this point, we packed our stuff and could not wait to get out of this place. We got a full refund but it was not worth the stress. If you want to be in peace, do not even think about this place. It was a complete nightmare. Oh, and when we got to the other hotel, the T.V. screen did not go blank or even flicker. So much for those storms in the area. LOL
1 night trip Jul 21, 2014
Lynn
"Convenient to Hershey Park"
The staff went above and beyond to keep us happy.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
""Seedy""
staff was nice but the accommodations were pretty seedy, old, worn, outdated, etc. The "free breakfast" were all white empty carbs: frozen waffles, mini bagels & flake cereal.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Slept awful."
The non working air conditioning made this stay one I hope to never repeat.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Gilbert
"Bad Experience"
Very Bad. After checking in, arrived at room. The air conditioner was out of the wall, rug was saturated with water (I believe), and there was dirt on the floor where they had taken out the air conditioner. I was then put into another room that was also filthy. At this time I went to the front office and immediately checked out. The girl at the front desk had asked me if she could show me another room and I stated No Thank You and continued to check out.
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
andrew
"Comfort and care while finding a budget hotel"
It was a great experience. The hotel management met all my needs with a smile and went out-of-their way to serve me. The room was big, equipped with all the amenities such as microwave, frig etc. The restaurant next door was very convenient. I plan to stay there every time I am in Hershey. I highly recommend this to anyone looking for a budget hotel.
4 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
when we arrived room was not ready until 3:00 pm. but room was clean and comfortable, lots of insects in stairwell, couple of spiders in room, but overall wonderful experience.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Disappointing"
Room was dirty. Burns in the carpet. Several live flies in the room when we arrived and one dead one clinging to the shower curtain. Spent first 30 minutes in room trying to kill all the flies. Couple light bulbs burnt out. Filthy, stained chair at desk in room. Outlets covered with grime and one was almost falling out of the wall. No clock in the room. Had to set the clock on the microwave. With no alarm clock, asked desk for a wake-up call at 6:00 am. Got a wake up call at 5:50 am ?! Will not stay here again.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"complete let down"
Asked for in advance and expected a roll-away bed - received a small uncomfortable cot. Needed to ask for towels, light bulbs, sheets, and blanket. We repaired their bathtub facet. There was no breakfast for us. No A/C in hallways and only stairs. Very, very unsatisfied.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Family of Four
Room needs updated. Beds were comfortable. Doors were broken. Rugs need cleaned. Flies in the room. Lightbulbs need replaced. Toilet paper hanger was broken. Curtains were not clean and unattached to rods.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
"Turned around and left"
When we first saw the hotel my first thought was "there is no way I am staying here with my 6 year old child". From what I saw people were actually living in some of the rooms and I did not like the feel I got from the place. I ended up canceling my stay with them and found another place to stay.
2 night family trip Jun 9, 2014
"Wrong place to choose"
This place was not clean - smelled awful. Refrig did not work. TV was so complicated to work. Towels were so small and non absorbent. Kids ran up and down hallway banging on doors. Need I go on?
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
Katherine
"Will NEVER stay again."
Turned on heater, too noisy and the smell was awful. Used a blanket and air freshener from my own car. From 3-5 am there was someone knocking on the office door screaming and yelling for a room-constantly. My room was 2 doors down. Wake up call set for 9 am, called at 7 am. Caught a guy trying to get into the cars in the parking lot, mine included. Breakfast, is all carbs, no fruit, not even an apple. Worker was aware of the middle of the night person yelling and screaming, did nothing, he did however, order the guy in the parking lot trying to get in to the cars to leave. Bathtub missing the stopper and cover so got to see a huge hole. Fan and light fixture cover missing, could see inside the ceiling. Carpet needs a good deep cleaning. Sink had a drip that would not stop. Towels and wash clothes soft and fresh smelling. Bed neatly made. All the lamp shades had funky stains on them. Would never ever stay there again, it was one step up from a homeless shelter
1 night trip May 18, 2014
Tired Traveler
"Just What I Needed"
I was looking for a reasonably prices hotel for the evening to stay with my girlfriend for some alone time and Rodeway Inn was just perfect. I have stayed at other Rodeway Inn's and have always had a great experience.
1 night romance trip May 17, 2014
Sipho
"Needs complete renovation"
We rented 3 rooms, one was worse then the other. They were deteriorated and the smell of cigarette smoke permeated each room. Wallpaper was falling of the walls and water was dripping into one bathroom from the room above. Great location, but, cometr renovation needed
Other trip May 16, 2014
lou
"Enjoyable stay"
My family had a pleasant stay. The room was clean and the staff were friendly. The location was convenient to all the attractions, gas stations, and local shopping centers.
3 night family trip Apr 14, 2014
Walker Family
"the blankets had holes like frome cigarettes"
it was only one nite really old and it really needs an upgrade
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
Rooms looked nothing like they did in the pictures! The fridge had mold and the sheet cover had stains and the room constantly smelled like cigarette smoke.
4 night trip Apr 18, 2014
"OK for a night."
We stayed just a night and were looking for a cheap place to sleep since we weren't spending much time in the room. It was OK for a night but wouldn't stay for a longer period. It was clean but very old and did not look like pictures. Perhaps some rooms were updated - but this one definitely not.
Other trip Mar 10, 2014
"Cozy"
The manager was extremely friendly and made sure your stay was enjoyable!
3 night business trip Feb 9, 2014
"Close to Event"
We were really close to the soccer tournament my son was competing in at the old airport hanger, just six minutes away. The room was clean, warm, and fresh. The shower was very relaxing after a long day of soccer. The bed was very comfy, but the breakfast was a little small. I would definitely stay here again if we were ever in town for this tournament again.
1 night trip Feb 8, 2014
"Don't stay here if you're a clean freak..."
The bed and TV area were nice. The room was small but for a cheap motel, it was decent. The bathroom however was awful. The tiles had water damage. The shower curtain was red on the bottom from mildew I assume. The bathtub was flimsy enough that I thought I would fall through it. I stayed at this motel when it was the Milton Hershey Motel and Rodeside Inn. The website says that it is newly remodeled. New beds, sheets, and furniture might be it. When it was Milton Motel, my only complaint was the disgusting bathroom. It's not a matter of the staff not cleaning though, it just looks overused and not repaired.
Other trip Dec 23, 2013
The hotel was decent, the location was convenient and the hostess as well as the room cleaning lady were all very courteous. We were very satisfied with our service and will probably be returning some time this summer. Thank you kindly.
1 night trip Dec 7, 2013
Jetta
"Close to the Concert."
We had planned on only staying one night, but the weather turned. nasty, didn't want to risk. driving home. @ night, we were. able. to get another room. at the same price.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
Jeffrey
"Good cheap room"
Chose this hotel because it was cheap and close to Troegs Brewery (no drinking and driving!) The staff was nice and offered to give us a ride to the brewery.
Other trip Dec 2, 2013
Jillian
"Beware"
The room was very dirty and had a really bad odor. Looked like a hotel out of a bad movie. Bathroom was nasty looked like it was never cleaned. I made my 8 yr old daughter shower with her flip flops on. I was very unsatisfied and will never return here nor will i recommend this place to anyone ever!!!!!!!!!
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2013
Drue
"Close to Hershey Park"
The staff was courteous but the rooms left much to be desired. One of the two rooms we had smelled strongly of smoke, parking is scarce and the breakfast?.... was barely there.
2 night family trip Sep 27, 2013
Beth
"close to all attractions and the park"
it was very satisfy and staff very pleasant and we will stay there next year
3 night family trip Sep 1, 2013
"Insatisfied"
The hotel have a huge problem. It says "no-smoke room", but it is not true. In fact, all the hotel is a big smoke place. Everybody there (guests) smokes. There are ashtrays in every where. My clothes stayed with the smell of smoke until I came home and wash them. Horrible!!!! The breakfast almost doesn't exist. The rooms are small and we almost never see the clerk. Definitely don't worth the price and the "2 stars".
1 night family trip Aug 28, 2013
"Not again"
peeling wall paper, leaking ceiling, moldy smell and cobwebs. There is no sound proof very thin walls. you could hear people using bathrooms and flushing...very annoying. I will not be going there ever.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"Great deal for the money"
The best for less and very close to my destination
Other trip Aug 24, 2013
tua861
"modest but clean"
didn't have my reservations marked when I got there but gladly fixed it. room was modest but well taken care of and very clean for the money. Staff were all very friendly and accommodating. A good last minute option.
1 night business trip Aug 20, 2013
Dsmith
"Hotel was not what we expected for the price"
We book the hotel for the Justin Timberlake-Jay Z concert - to begin with the price was outrageous and the room was not comfortable - one of the two beds was broken, they did not have enough towels and wash cloths, and very little internet service. We were very disappointed. For a 3 night stay the room was over $600.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
Toni
"$360 for Two Nights in August? Really?"
I already knew going in but there was not much choice at the time in my budget left on Expedia where I had to use a credit. From the Early CASH check in fee of $10 PER HOUR before the 2 pm check in time to charging $10 CASH (getting the picture?) for my 15 year old son because the room price only covered 2 adults? WHAT? Mold on the shower curtain, disconnected security cameras, easy to jimmy SINGLE locks on the door, stained blankets, mattress sheet that is not fitted and slides around as you sleep, horrid UNCOVERED energy saving bright lights over vanity, broken curtains, visible patch jobs on the walls, light switches that didn't work, TV that showed few channels, NONWORKING WIFI, pathetic continental breakfast . . .shall I go on? Even $100 night because it was last minute, but $360? Really, Expedia? Shame on you for even having this hotel on your site at this price especially. Someone kick these people off already. Obviously the owner (Is it still Bill?) doesn't care about the manager making up fees as she goes for CASH because that's that much less salary he has to pay her. Even the MANAGER was surprised we were staying another night! That or she was having trouble keeping the comings and goings of 34 rooms straight. I'll give her that, but . . . After the interaction we had had at checkin the day before, I am surprised my face was not etched in her memory. This hotel has such a bad online AND local rep that when my son and adult daughter returned from (con't)
Other trip Aug 5, 2013
Ceci
"Don't stay there!"
The hotel was horrible! The room was dirty, the blanket had holes in it and the wifi did not work! Our key did not work half the time and they just brushed it off! Never stay at this hotel!
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Personnel was very friendly. Very convenient location to Hershey Park Stadium. Just stayed overnight as my visit was mainly for an event, bed was comfortable and everything that I needed. Will gladly consider this for another event/visit.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
Anel
"it could have been better...."
It would have been better if they actually check their fax and knew that we coming. Got there just after mid-night and the office was open but no one was inside. It took 10 minutes to located a worker. He had no idea we made reservations over 3 hours earlier because he never checked the fax. He informed me that our original room, which would have been on the 1st floor was given away to another and we had to be place in a room on the 2nd floor. A continental breakfast should consist of store bought Danishes, coffee, cereal, and orange juice...It was the most limited I ever saw. I was taking the Danishes out of the store container which was set on a shelf. It was more of the lack of care that didn't impress me. No hellos, no good nights, no manners.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2013
"Unpleasant, dirty, heavy smell of cigars."
Uncomfortable, wasn't able to sleep , afraid of any bugs. Heavy smell of cigars, didn't look clean. Was afraid of using tub and toilets. Found cheeze doodle on floor.
2 night family trip Jul 26, 2013