All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
516 Water St, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9225

2.9
"Great experience!"
Came here for a getaway with my girl friends. We had a very pleasant experience overall. The guy who helped us check in was very friendly and nice, and professional at the same time. The only thing was that there were some guys who were drinking outside when we walked to our room. But they didn't bother us at all. And overall we had a really good experience at Ramada!
1 night trip with friends Jul 21, 2015
Chu
"Find another place to stay."
This was by far, the worst hotel experience I've ever had and the room rate was not cheap. The bathroom fan was unbelievably noisy. We were out of our room for 8 hours and came back to find it still not cleaned. We had to request toilet paper and received it one roll at a time. On our last morning, the breaker went out in the windowless bathroom and we had to shower in the dark. As we checked out of the hotel, all power went out and the other guests were milling around outside their rooms. I know this is a family concern and they are trying, but they'll need to try a lot harder to improve this place. Sorry.
4 night family trip Jul 15, 2015
"Just okay"
The parking lot is tiny and hard to maneuver around in. The room was average. The pool was nice. The hotel is a 20 minute walk to the Boardwalk. The beds were uncomfortable.
2 night family trip Jul 17, 2015
I was really disappointed in the people that were staying/living? In the hotel a lot of yelling and bad vibes around the pool and outside area.
2 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
"Nice place if you just want to sleep"
Only negative was housekeeping. Coffee pot not cleaned or cups and coffee replaced Dirty cups not tossed Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast good with pancakes
1 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
Martin
"This was a 2 ** at best!"
Unfortunately it was less than I expected. Our first room had a horrible odor, which my husband says was cat although it was a pet free hotel. We requested to change rooms, but they were booked so we had to wait until the next day. There was also hair in our shower and on the bathroom floor, and the comforter was stained and did not look clean. Our 2nd room was better, but the bad 1st impression was already there. Oh, and the breakfast. . . they cut the muffins into 3 pieces, and the fruit was not fresh at all, enough said!
2 night romance trip Jul 13, 2015
"Musty rooms could have smelled better"
The rooms where musty and could have smelled a litte better .. We had to buy Lysol spray to get rid of smell in both rooms we stayed in .. Pillows were just too big too .. Other than that it was ok .. Continental breakfast is decent
1 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
roy
"pleasantly suprised"
pleasantly suprised
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
DAVID
"ehhh."
I didn't like this place it was scary the location wasn't what I thought. Santa Cruz has gotten bad. The rooms felt dirty. The receptionist was nice our toilet broke they fixed it asap. Other than that it was okay. Room was way to expensive for me and my friends.
1 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2015
Diana
"Happy staying!"
very Pleased
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Azy
I was only there for 1 night but my stay was very nice. The room was comfy and quiet. Only negative was that the parking lot was being redone and it looked as thoug a lot of the rooms were being renovated with created a busy parking lot with no room. However, if I was staying there on the 4th of July I'm sure it will be looking great by then.
1 night family trip Jun 30, 2015
Greg
Noisy people upstairs, little sound insulation.
2 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
"A good "base camp""
The hotel was easy to find and located in an area central to food, gas station and the highway. Although not within walking distance to the beach, it was easy to drive to. The staff was friendly. Continental breakfast adequate. The room was decent and my only complaint would be that they obviously don't dust or wipe down every surface because the lamps and coffee pot were covered in dust and the remote was covered in sticky/ greasy stuff. Nothing I couldn't fix with a quick wipe down. Parking lot had a strange angle and bigger trucks and even smaller SUVs were having some difficulty getting in and out. All and all it was a pleasant stay.
3 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
Tonya
Very comfortable bed. Had a restful sleep. Bathroom was a bit tight fitting.
1 night business trip Jun 18, 2015
Shelly
"You get what you pay for."
I genuinely appreciated the service, I did not appreciate the condition of the room upon arrival. The dresser was completely broken and the room smelled of cigarettes and Clorox bleach. You get what you pay for.
1 night trip with friends Jun 2, 2015
Jasmine
"Nice spot"
We like this hotel. We have stayed here a number of times, and it is very convenient to all of the places we like to go and is reasonably priced for Santa Cruz. Room was well-equipped, clean, quiet. Well done, Ramada.
1 night romance trip May 24, 2015
"No Housekeeping"
Housekeeping thought we were leaving after the first night, so did not bother to clean our room. Arrived back at room at 7:00 p.m., and had to ask for towels. They said they would clean, so we felt rushed to leave the room so that they could clean. Also - not a close walk to the beach!! Had to drive.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
"it was good"
It's was good
1 night romance trip Apr 3, 2015
Hannah
"A bit better than motel 6"
Carpet in hall way and lobby need some works. Don't count on the free breakfast, a basket of rotten bananas and dry cereals for kids. If you only need warm coffee, then it is good to go. Noise is average. Plenty of parking.
Other trip Apr 4, 2015
david
"Nice quite and clean"
Nice location near downtown and peace neighborhood
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
R Semi
"So-so"
The room we stayed in definitely needed some maintenance, we did not have a nicely updated room like the pictures showed. However we did see into other rooms that were upgraded. So it definitely depends on your luck. Our blanket had holes in it and there was red sharpie writing in our shower. Overall not too bad, very manageable for just a place to shower and sleep.
2 night romance trip Mar 27, 2015
"Ramada Inn"
Took my kids to Santa Cruz for spring break, we stayed at the Ramada Inn because of availability. It's definitely a 1 star hotel not 2. We stayed there for 3 nights, our room was only "cleaned" once. Housekeeping came in everyday but didn't make the beds, didn't replenish the towels and they definitely didn't clean under the beds. I found an old hair brush from previous guests. The pool is ok, there are no towels available there we had to use the ones in the room and then go to the front desk to get more because hk'ing wasn't giving us more. The beds were not comfortable, they made us very itchy. Location wise is fine, we were walking distance to some good ice cream shops and restaurants but not walking distance to the beach. We will not be staYing here again.
3 night family trip Mar 20, 2015
It wasn't really walking distance from the beach. But i must say it was really nice, I loved it and felt safe. Beach was only a 5-10 min drive. Really impressed, and staff was great.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Titi
"Remedial Ramada"
We will never stay at this hotel again... non smoking room yay right buckets for ashtrays lined the sidewalks as we approached our room, very disgusting .. the bed had worn spots so deep that you could not lay on the bed without falling off. Blankets had cigarette burns and holes.. shower head was greasy and dirty.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Tony
I came in at around 9 pm none attended or was at front desk to attend, I had to wait 1 hour for the person to get up from his sleep, to atend me, Unexpected
3 night business trip Mar 10, 2015
marcello
"good"
Easy to get to, was clean, close to almost everything.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
linda
The staff was very helpful and nice. The room was just too dirty to feel comfortable in. The walls, floors and bathroom were filthy. The bed was extremely uncomfortable. I wouldn't stay there again. The staff and the location were the only good things about the place.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
"Run for your life!!!"
By far the most disgusting place I've ever slept at, but we checked in very late and had no choice. I immediately left as soon as the sun came up and cancelled my remaining stay. It smelled, was dirty and very uncomfortable. The pictures posted are the correct colors but the quality is a lie. Do not stay here!!!
3 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
DENISE
"Awesome Santa Cruz Hotel !!!!"
Very accomadating and hospitable staff, clean hotel, ample parking, quite place, close to the beach.
Other trip Feb 17, 2015
Joetecs
"I enjoyed my stay"
It was a great place to stay and the continental breakfast definitely helps! I think the issue with the customer service I experienced was maybe the woman thought I was young and immature so wasn't nice or friendly, pretty rude honestly. But if you can ignore that I would pick this place again.
1 night trip Feb 7, 2015
Arielle
"Burnt shorts"
I did not like the manager I borrowed an iron and it had Burnt carpet on it my shorts were ruined when I dressed it to him he said it was my fault and there was nothing he could do about it so I'm never going there again
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2015
Ralph
"getaway"
Awesome
1 night trip Jan 30, 2015
jose
Had to move room. Key did not work. Light did not wor.k
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"No parking lot security"
Swimming pool was green. no security in parking lot had stuff stolen out of the back of my truck. Exterior of the building walkways patio covers pretty rundown
2 night business trip Jan 21, 2015
"good good"
Great service
1 night trip with friends Jan 21, 2015
danise
"Good value for Santa Cruz"
The motel had been upgraded. This is the second time we had stayed there. Staff was friendly and helpful. Because we went in January, the pool was not usable. This is an excellent value for Santa Cruz where rates are high for older motels as well as the newer ones.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
SJ
"Ramada Inn Stay"
Stayed for business. Room was very clean, service was excellent, staff was helpful and professional. Our bathroom light did not turn on and after informing front desk, the manager came over and replaced the bulb immediately. Had a great stay and will stay again next time! Thank you!
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2015
"My room was not ready"
I arrived to check in to my room had to wait extra half hour because my room was not ready. It seems the reason was another guest was in my reserved room after I check in l tried call front desk phone didn't work so I walk front to ask for more towels l was told find service person get more towels, room wasn't so clean, pool area was green, had to wake up front desk person for item's at breakfast by calling on my cell phone. Even before check out phone was not repaired also you had to leave your room on counter because no one was available to check out properly.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
not so happy
this is NOT a typical Ramada, and is NOT recommended for anyone. the single staff member (manager) is rude and inflexible and the front desk is frequently unstaffed. breakfast items run out during the morning breakfast time and are not replaced that morning.
Other trip Jan 8, 2015
"cold water"
Very uncomfortable
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2014
lynette
"Restful Night"
The staff was very friendly. The room could use a little TLC, but overall, it was a comfortable stay.
1 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
rocio
"Never again!"
Broken door handle. Broken desk handle. Dirty sheets. Only one plug outlet worked. Hard beds. GREAT television but few channels to watch. One lousy hanger in the closet.
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
Disgusted
"cozy inn"
very good, clean, friendly staff, affordable
2 night romance trip Dec 19, 2014
Rooms were not clean. In the room paint smell, smoking smell... It was terrible experience.
Other trip Nov 29, 2014
"Clean and Neat"
Tip Top, recently remodeled and upgraded, outstanding experience.
1 night business trip Nov 24, 2014
"Hotrible experience"
Slept in a little late and the front desk kept calling and calling and calling and calling even after i answered the first time. Kept knocking on our door. VERY frustrating! Would never stay there again
1 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2014
We put two kids thru UC Santa Cruz. We are veterans of the SC cheap motel overnight stays here. This one is a bit above average. It is away from the boardwalk with it's traffic and parking problems. Better part of town and closer to downtown. Other than that clean, everything worked and not a lot of noise.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"easy"
Just a good spot for the price
1 night business trip Oct 10, 2014
"Not horrible for the price"
Sink waa logged, shower head was covered in rust, tooket was at 45 degree abgke, room was stuffy and A/C wasbt the greatest. Small pool in the middke of the parking lot was awkward to say the least. Some updates have been made like the bed frans and flat screen but needs more TKC.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Elena
"Acceptable for a night or two"
It was relatively inexpensive.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014