All hotels in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, United States of America
2006 N. Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC, 29577-3222, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Breakfast is average
    Room is all right
    Uncomfortable
  • Bar and Beverages
    Bar is not good
"Comfortable and affordable"
Fun weekend hotel with a nice pool and good beach access. Don't expect a high end property but very clean rooms and nice hotel for the price and good location. I would stay there again on my next visit.
4 night romance trip Sep 24, 2015
Ricardo
"thank yall!!"
The best resort at the beach yet!!
2 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Sergio
Great location, friendly staff .good restaurant nice pools and lazy river. Would go back any time.
Other trip Sep 17, 2015
"Breakers Resort an affordable place to vacation"
The resort was awesome place to stay. The only complaint I have was the parking garage. The parking garage is for guests and was filled up with vehicles that had no parking pass from resort in,which it made it difficult to find a parking place.
3 night romance trip Sep 9, 2015
Aaron
"Great location! Nice room."
We had an ocean view which was nice but would have been even better with ocean front. Nice pools and right on the beach. We were surprised smoking was allowed around the pool areas. We had to constantly move to avoid the second hand smoke. Very annoying. Really quiet room until the last two nights of a 7 night stay. Had new neighbor celebrating a family reunion. Sounded like a night club. Called front desk and they responded twice. They threatened to evict them if they had to come again as several others had complained. Nice to have them address the problem. They were nice enough people just should have been more considerate in choosing where and when to celebrate. Sounded like a night club. Tons of stuff to do all within a walk or short drive. Golf options were unreal! Outlet stores within a 15 minute drive. Planning on returning.
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
"Beachfront convenient"
Service generally good. They do not advertise or make it easy to get the shuttle from the airport to the hotel on arrival.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
"Absolutely Amazing Experience"
Our stay was AMAZING. I used to stay at Bermuda Sands about 4 miles south of this hotel. I used to pay $800 for 5 nights there and they had cockroaches and holes in the wall. I paid $500 for 6 nights at The Breakers Resort and it was hands down the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. They CONSTANTLY kept the rooms stocked and cleaned, the neighborhood was quiet, and there were so many add ons with the hotel room. They gave us FREE tickets to the water park, just because of a special. I promise you I will stay here again and I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone for any kind of trip, couples, business, family trips, etc. Amazing, amazing, amazing.
5 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Chelsea
I been there 2 years in a row now and will come back.i love everything but your rooms need updated,and I think resort fee are a joke it's just a way to get more money from us.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Enjoyed our stay. Great location right on the beach and close to the boardwalk.
4 night family trip Aug 31, 2015
Ronnie
"great getaway"
great price, clean nice room.
4 night trip with friends Aug 24, 2015
carol
"nice"
We really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again
4 night romance trip Aug 24, 2015
Melvin
"The beach location and pool facilities are great!"
+All the beds were comfortable. + Lazy river and hot tub were great + Balcony view was Okay. + Staff was very friendly. - no coffee provided in room - a few basic kitchen items like a cutting board would have been nice. - the ocen view suite provides only a tiny portion view of the ocean. expected a little wider view.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
"The Breaker's Experience"
I was a little leary when I arrived, the line was long for check in. But that was the only downfall. The room and all the pools made up for that. Staff was friendly. And the dj excellent. I'm looking forward to staying there again.
Other trip Aug 29, 2015
Glynis
"The best!"
The Breakers is a good time party spot. Live DJ, hair braiding, bars at the pool! Parking was easy and a short walk to a lot of necessities. I don't stay anywhere else in Myrtle anymore.
Other trip Aug 27, 2015
Steph
"Plan on them being overbooked!"
Multiple problems - they were over booked when we checked in Friday and we had to stay one night in an ocean view instead of an ocean front suite. That Saturday they moved our stuff after we told them we wanted to move our items to the ocean front room. We asked to check the old room and over 15 items were left including a cell phone, hanging clothes, shoes, a hat, and wallet/purse in the safe. After reporting our concerns of items being left in the room we noticed over 9 other families had to move rooms that day and those checking in on Saturday appeared to be upset due to the over booking and their desired room not available. The front desk forgot to give us the card to display on our car so we could park in the deck - almost got towed. Plus, they over charged us for a whole night because they said our card was deleted from the Hotels.com website.
3 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
"Family fun!"
The resort was more than what we expected. The location was great, it was clean and the multiple activities for kids were awesome. They even had a live DJ by the pool during the afternoon that played great music. And the bar was right there by the lazy river so it was just nice. We will definitely be back.
5 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
Mary Rose
"Breakers Resort Awesome Stay"
The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They supplied enough towels each day with no hesitation.
3 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
Tanya
"Very nice, severa pools to choose, close to beach"
The hotels gives you access to several pools in different buildings of the breaker resorts, you get complementary DVD rental unlimited. One Complementary entry to different attractions. Very convenient location EVERYTHING is within minutes from the hotel. If you're flying over there the resort offers complementary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and vise versa. Also we rented a car for the whole stay we were there (5 days) for less than $75. Coming from New York this was beyond cheap. Definitely coming back, just make sure you arrive there hours before check in because right at 3 o'clock the line for check in gets extremely long and the lobby over crowded. Luckily we got there at 1:45PM and didn't have to go through that
Other trip Aug 25, 2015
jackie special
"Family fun vacation"
We went down to myrtle for one week as a family vacation. We got the one bedroom Oceanview which was essentially a two bedroom with excellent views. Although the room and it's amenities were dated the room itself was clean. The location was very nice with easy walking distance down to the boardwalk. The staff was excellent and very helpful. The location for very short drives to some excellent restaurants as well as Broadway by the beach. The facility itself could use some updating. We would stay there again without question. heavier/thicker bath towels would be nice.
6 night family trip Aug 16, 2015
Mitchell
"The room was good. Location was perfect."
The maid service could have been better. There were days when the trash wasnt emptied. Had to call a couple of time for towels. Toilet clogged everyday but when I called maintenance they were very quick. Unlike my request for towels which took forever. Pool was great. Overall I would stay there again. Just not on the 19th floor. Took forever for the elevator.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
"Close to the beach convinient"
Since the start they forgot to have a room for us we had to wait 2 hrs for them to figure out how they can find a room even though we booked it 2 month ago. The room was ok old but resonable.the housekeeping was tribe second day they barely fixed the room and 2 days later they did not even bother to fix it at all I called them when I came back from the beach by 4 pm and they answer nothing we can do you have to wait next day nothing they can do about it I asked why no one came to fix it she said sometimes housekeeping forget to do it even though you pay for it very unprofessional and rude.and if you plan to go there make sure you bring your own coffee they don't provide coffee and when you ask them for coffee they answer is you can go to starbuck outside if you want coffee.First time and I have been to many many hotels even motels from the low class they have coffee .think very hard if you think to go there.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
robert
"Close to beach but that's it."
I was in the rooms above check in and i did not enjoy there was no elevator. There were some perks like dvd movie passes and the pools but the room was stuffy. It was annoying to have to walk from one part of the resort to aborted as the hotels are not connected. No good food options in waking distance.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
"Great experience"
Overall the hotel was great. The only thing I would rate as poor was the Rusty Reel Cafe. Bad service and food was just okay. We ordered grilled chicken sandwiches, all portions (3) were small and bland. Other food served was okay.
Other trip Aug 18, 2015
KB
"Best vacation ever!"
We loved our stay at Breakers. The hotel was in walking distance to good restaurants and the hotel provided a lot of activities, a DJ at pool side, the lazy river and a choice of pools + you could walk right out to the beach. Loved it!
6 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
BETTY
"Budget hotel experience for luxury hotel price."
Check-in was chaos. Heavy foot traffic from sidewalk. Check in clerk said since we used Hotels.com, we'd have to pay additional $11 per night. Our room was cramped & dreary, w/ a view of the side of the hotel next door. Water dripped from the AC vent onto a bed. I went down to request a room change, but the clerk reminded me that since we had used a third party agency that I'd have to go through them to upgrade. I asked what types of rooms they had, & he said they had ocean side suites vacant for Sunday. I went back to call Hotels.com for upgrade. They said they didn't show any vacancies for the Breakers, and even if they did, that I would have to forfeit money we paid for the room since I was trying to make changes after we arrived. I told the CSR that I didn't know what a dump we were in until after we saw the room. It looked nothing like photos on the internet Miserable room, loud cars and bikes outside. When I awoke, I noticed that the 2 kids had slept on top of the bedspread, huddled under little travel blankets. They said there was sand between the sheets. We left to shop & came back to find the room as we left it.. no visit from housekeeping to refresh towels. I called housekeeping & told them about the sand in the sheets. We went to eat & when we returned beds were made but towels had not been refreshed. The sheets were still dirty. One shouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for a "resort" to see what it's like to be poor & dirty. We won't return.
2 night family trip Aug 1, 2015
Room wasn't clean, bathroom was a mess. Overall the hotel seem old and pools/lazy river were to crowded.
Other trip Aug 9, 2015
Great stay, nice hotel but outdated as most are in Myrtel Beach.
Other trip Aug 8, 2015
"Oceanfront hotel close to attractions."
WARNING...if you book this hotel through Expedia, DO NOT chose a resort view room. The hotel will place you in a room in an old building across the street. Luckily we were able to upgrade to a room in one of the oceanfront towers when we checked in but only for 3 out of our 4 nights. We had to move across the street for our last night. Also, the beach chairs and umbrella's that are set out by the lifeguards everyday are $35 per day to rent. Cheaper if you are able to bring your own. The hotel has several pools, hot tubs, and a lazy river. The lazy river is anything but relaxing due to groups of children swimming around and jumping in and out without tubes. Overall good experience as long as you are staying in one of the beach front towers. I would bring my family back to this hotel.
Other trip Aug 3, 2015
"RUN AWAY!!!"
Do not believe anything you read on the listing. This place is a dump. If they put you in the Palmetto building RUN AWAY!!! The first room smelled like cigarettes and urine. The bathroom smelled rancid too. Gross! The rooms are tiny with only two chairs and the beds. Plus they have "Summer Rules" so be careful with your plans if you do stay there. I stay in Myrtle every year for business and/or vacation and this was one of my worst experiences.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"nice hotel but not our room"
this hotel is very nice as long as you do not get in the tower where they allow pets. we did not have any idea about this or would have asked for another room. the room was OK but not for the money we paid. the elevators and hallways we disgusting. I saw the other tower when I used the gym and it was really nice and clean.
Other trip Jul 28, 2015
"Dirty Rooms"
Was so unhappy with our hotel room. the hotel rooms are not clean. Very dusty. The bathrooms are outdated and look like they have mold. Keep in mind that Breakers has like 5 different hotels next to each other. I'm pretty sure that the wonderful reviews are only for their main hotel, the one with the ship out in the back. (I think it's the paradise building) I will not be recommending this resort to anyone.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
"Not so good..."
well, we stayed here on my daughters college break and was told we had an ocean view...in which you had to lean over the railing to see it (between two buildings). Room was older and pretty run down, A/C had a constant drip from the ceiling vent. The door deadbolt had been previously kicked in and just hanging by 1 half-out screw. (not sure why the door was prev kicked in??), thus conditions were 'do-able' but not memorable. The last day of our stay, went to retrieve our car (Cadillac SRX) in the parking garage across the street...and some clown scrapped our new expensive car all along the side trying to get out of their spot and did not leave a note...nice, real nice. Hotel did not care and did not take responsibility for it (or even apologize!). Needless to say, we will never, ever stay here again! If you stay here, drive a run down car you do not care about, because nobody else will!
2 night family trip Apr 10, 2015
"Nice place too stay"
The room was clean and staff was friendly. Very kid friend activities every day.
3 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
Mikki
"Ok stay!"
The suite was nice needs a little updating. Where the bedroom was located you heard everything going on in hall & the ice machine was located out the door so people getting ice at all hours your sleep was interrupted, very noisy !!
4 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
"Nice close too beach"
Loved the lazy river and Jacuzzi very crowded in afternoon so did things in morning before everyone started piling in
Other trip Jul 25, 2015
"Good clean hotel with amenities and things to do"
We wanted something on the beach, with a pool. The Breakers was clean, had friendly staff, and great activities. We had an efficiency. It was sufficient. The kids loved it.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
"Extremely disappointing."
The room was very disappointing and small. It smelt bad. The service was poor and slow. They charged my credit card with 3 $25 and 2 $8 fees for I don't know what. I'll call them in a few.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Our overall experience was fine. My family and I enjoyed the proximity to the beach. The pools were fine but make sure to get there early or go late because mid day it is super busy. The lazy river is nice except that the raft policy is not enforced which can make relaxing difficult with kids swimming under and around you. The staff was very helpful especially housekeeping. I know a few reviews I read mentioned parking was an issue. We never had a problem finding a space no matter what time we came back. The only downsides were the check in process and noise level at night. When we arrived it was very crowded up at registration. I was told by the parking guy to leave my car and go check in. I brought my kids with me. The process itself was fine but way to much information to take in all at once after driving for eight hours. I wish that there was a list of all the accommodations for the hotel that I could read after I had gotten the kids settled. When I came out the car in front of me had moved out and the parking guy seemed aggravated that my car was blocking things. It was him that told me to leave it there and I was traveling by myself with kids so no other options of having someone stay with car. Night is noisy especially when you have noisy neighbors and are right by the road with the mustang convention in town. Things tend to quiet down by 11.
Other trip Jul 23, 2015
Tessa
"Nice hotel with lots of activities"
Afternoon DJ, luau's twice a week, have to wake up really early to get a poolside chair as they are snatched up quick other than that it was fun,
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
Corey
When we arrived they had told us they had to move us the next day to another room. Well, we could accept that. But when we arrived at the room we should have the first night, they hadn´t even started to clean it yet. We put our luggage in the closet and went down to the reception desk again - ok, they could put us in another room - we got the key and went up to wait for our luggage, still in our first, not cleaned room - because they promised to get it for us - right away. 45 minutes later, still no luggage. We went after it ourselves. We would have done it from the beginning, if they hadn´t told us that they will bring it to us. From check in to getting our stuff, so we could do what we had planned, took us almost 2 hours which we could have spent much more pleasant. The next day they moved us during the day - to the room we had payed for, with oceanview - which wasn´t the case with our first room. Maybe we could have accepted it all - but they showed no willingness to compensate us in anyway.
Other trip Jul 22, 2015
"Family friendly"
Great stay! Safe area.....Grandkids had a lot of freedom and we would defiantly stay there again!
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"July 2015 vacation"
We were there from 7/11 to 7/18(Ford mustang week) We stayed on the street side. It was "SO" extremely loud that you felt as if the patio door was open.next time I'll spend the extra for the ocean view. Otherwise everything was great!
Other trip Jul 19, 2015
"Kid friendly choice"
This hotel feels like it was the belle of the hotel ball twenty or thirty years ago. Everything is a little dated. That said, the whole of Myrtle Beach feels that way and I feel like of the hotels in this price range it is a great deal, ESPECIALLY if you have kids. The swim area is really pretty good for its age. The lazy river is pretty nice, smallish, but the kids will love it. There are also multiple pools and a hot tub. The pirate ship is large but you can't climb it-really a toddler pool. The complex has multiple buildings, several of which are right next to the beach. One is not. It is across the street. Glad we didn't stay there but I do understand the rooms are nice. Our room was adequate. Our mattresses were actually pretty good. Pleasantly surprised. My family and I like to stay at Marriotts--this is NOT of that quality. More like an old Holiday Inn from the 70s. BUT, it is a decent hotel with good pools, good proximity to the beach, (plus the on site Starbucks, Ben and Jerry's, pizza is NOT the norm on the main Myrtle strip). Parking is across the street in a large parking garage. It is a bit of a pain because navigating through it is hard. One other thing---drive in the alley way behind the garage to get anywhere in the evening. The road outside the hotel becomes a parking lot at night. There are not a lot of upscale hotels at myrtle. Also, go to Broadway at the Beach-especially if you like downtown Disney.
Other trip Jul 18, 2015
Howard
"family trip"
This is the best hotel ever
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Hotel Review."
Could not get a room early. Had to wait until 3:00 PM for a room to be ready.
Other trip Jul 15, 2015
I will be back. Peoplpe are friendly and the location was great.
4 night family trip Jul 6, 2015
"Will try the Hilton next door for the next trip"
The location is great. The pools, lazy river were also good. The kids had a lot of fun. The rooms could have been more comfortable. The bathroom was too tiny. Overall was not worth what I paid.
4 night family trip Jul 9, 2015
Vijay
"nice staff, crappy hotel"
I suppose if you like loud, noisy, cheap round the clock "entertainment" you may actually like this place.The buildings are run down, there is a lack of loungechairs to sit in and constant noise. It cost 35 dollars to save a rickety chair on the crowded beach. This place is extremely uncomfortable: broken tv, faucet, long elevator waits and no food near by, everything is a drive except a few overpriced dumps.This is basically a white trash paradise, replete with motorcycles, fights and bug spray.Nothing is convenient, is this is a resort then I'd rather be at my local public beach. The staff was nice and courteous.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
tess
"Nice stay. Hotel is close to everything."
I enjoyed our stay. One problem I had was the pools weren't family friendly. The adults at the resort with their drinking took over the pools.
Other trip Jul 13, 2015
Pamela
"Love it"
My room was really nice I was really happy with location everything was just nice I am glad I stayed here will go back here next year .
Other trip Jul 4, 2015