All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

2.8
    2.5
    2.1
    2.6

"Happy with stay + pets allowed"
It was a very pleasant stay, and we were also able to bring my dog, which was an added bonus. The hotel is a sort of 60's-70's design, which was nice, but not updated, however very pleasant andaffordable. The rooms are very large and clean.I liked the design of the hotel. The staff was courteous. The neighbourhood is nothing special, but there was an Indian restaurant nearby, which was good. You can take a bus to get to the subway line, or if you have a car, then it is easier to commute.
3 night business trip Mar 26, 2015
Andrea
"Ok for the price"
Our stay was ok. Kids enjoyed the pool so that's a plus! Breakfast should have more variety. I booked 2 queen beds but got 2 doubles
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
angelito
"Disgusting"
People running hotel where good. But stops there. Hotel was disgusting. Pay a little more it's worth it. Never again in a Howard Johnson. Disgusting!!!!
1 night business trip Apr 28, 2015
duane
"Lobby and hallways were run down and smelled."
Room was ok but lobby and hallways were defiantly run down. Floors looked like they hadn't been washed in weeks. Definitely a hotel in need of updating and cleaning. Staff were friendly.
Other trip Apr 29, 2015
jen
"nice and convenient"
overall we enjoyed our stay but there were people partying in the parking lot out our window no big deal even though the police drove through they were smoking pot you could smell it in the hall near ice machine lots of people banging doors and talking on cell phones in hall instead of their room which I told them to go inside your room they seemed to only speak chinese or pretend not to understand and someone threw up across the hall from us other than all that it was not too bad
Other trip Apr 20, 2015
keith
Not clean with this price schud be moor clean no camera for the parking No body help us with ours choise
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Great location, great value."
---Booking online was super easy. ---Price was right. ---Close to everything: highway, shopping centre, science center... ---Very quiet, except for the white noise from air conditioner, which I personally like. ---Breakfast (included) was essential but good: bread, croissant, milk, juice, coffe, tea... ---Indoor swimming pool was nice... we did take a look but did not have time to swim this time. ---Roll-away bed for just $10, very convenient for kids ---Make sure you ask for newly renovated rooms when check-in. They may ask you to pay $15 more but it is absolutely worthwhile.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
KH
"March 2015"
I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was better than the ratings. It did seem outdated, but it seemed pretty clean. Parking and breakfast for free. Something that you don't easily find at toronto. Breakfast was basic but satisfying. The services were all really nice. Given with the overall experiences, this hotel is really underrated imo.
3 night family trip Mar 18, 2015
"Don't expect much"
There is no maintenance guy responsible for upkeep. Side of wals are never vacuumed. Just felt shady...the building will deteriorate quickly, Renos needed
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Not very good!!"
Had to walk up a bunch of stairs with all my stuff and down a very long hall before getting to the room. The window faced a bunch of limos parked for the Winter in parking lot as well as a food truck that was running all night long to keep things cold inside I guess. I did call down to the front desk to ask if they could please do something about the truck running as I could not get to sleep and they said they would for sure look into it and would call me back. That was midnight and no word back from them! Ended up sleeping on and off with the noise. In the morning I told the person at front desk and she said sorry and that I am welcome t call the manager when I get home as he was not in. Did not offer me anything off my room rate or even a free breakie!! Plus the indoor pool was not working! Would never stay there again!!!!!
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
"Great value"
Excellent value. One exception was the breakfast which was disappointing - no eggs, no waffles, no orange juice.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
Denison
"Totally disappointed. Not worth the price paid!"
The pool was closed for repairs and this was not advertised on Expedia.ca site but the hotel staff told us that it was advertised on the hotel's website. The room that we paid for with two queen beds was in an area that was under renovations and the bath room was awful with 80's tiling with mildew and rusted tub. Thankfully we were upgraded to another room with a more modern bathroom and unfortunately two double beds and was told that this room actually costs more than the $106.00 we paid with taxes for the room with the two queen beds. This room was okay enough to spend the one and only night that my family will spend here. In my opinion, if a hotel is undergoing renvoations and they still want to accept guests they should not be charging the regular prices but give a 50% discount and let the guests know the reason for the discount. To think we spent Valentine's night here. Needless to say this was not a great experience for my family. This hotel need Gordon Ramsey to look into. Needs lots of upgrades to meet even 2 star rating. As is this hotel cannot even be given a 1 star rating. Close them down.
Luella
"Don't go. .. NEVER AGAIN"
Dirty room carpet ripped and stained was going g to hook my computer up to the TV only to see a TV set from 1998. Bathroom was nasty. Only good thing is that it was quiet. Probably because it was empty. NEVER AGAIN FOR ME.2
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
D.S
"One Night Stay"
It was only for one night. Cheap and cheerful...sort of.
1 night trip with friends Jan 16, 2015
"Acceptable"
Hotel location is good for those who will not rent car. Management there is very helpful The price is OK
5 night trip with friends Dec 23, 2014
KAYFATRAYMOND
"Stay away and pay extra 10 dollars elsewhere"
Terrible and smelly
3 night business trip Nov 26, 2014
Jorge
"Stay away"
glad I didn't take my kids. Hotel and rooms are very run down
1 night romance trip Nov 29, 2014
Tanya
"Worst hotel experiemce ive ever had."
Given adjoining room eithout notice. "Tennants" - apparently there for awhile - in and partying until past 12 despite 3 calls to front desk. Never expected such a seedy exoerience from a name brand "family" chain. NEVER AGAIN
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
"1 night"
no complaints
1 night romance trip Nov 15, 2014
"Good rooms, but hallways and pool were run down"
It was an adequate room for the price.
2 night trip Oct 21, 2014
BC
"close to hospital"
only about 5 miles from hospital ,rooms were clean and the staff were pleasant
1 night trip Oct 21, 2014
shelah
"nightmare, avoid staying at this hotel"
They give us a smoking room with full of bugs and the room was cold with humidity. My three year old son fell sick the next morning due to cigarettes stinks.I complained to the staffs about worse condition of the hotel,Their response was that they were not responsible for booking the room for us, but to blame Expedia.ca.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"stained room, but hojo's made it right"
Pool was nice. The room had carpet and curtain stains and was in major need of an upgrade. Head office asked them to contact me on my concerns but they did not. However, without my prompting, head office contacted me and gave me a generous deposit to my rewards account.
1 night business trip Sep 30, 2014
"awesome"
It was a great experience
Response by Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate your comment, it shows how we valued our guests and we continue to work hard to improve our hotel to better serve our guests. If you ever need hotel in our area we hope you will choose us again.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2014
Marjan
"Do not stay here!"
This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered, I think Captain Obvious from their commercials used this location as their set. My wife and I checked in and left within 30 minutes and did not return choosing to stay at the nearest Hilton.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Greg
"A Real Dump"
Old, filthy hotel. Staff is not bad, but the place needs to be torn down and rebuilt.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not Great"
Cops were there both nights I stayed because of problems. Not the cleanest room. Bed was good. No Frig, no chairs.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
I just needed a room to crash for the night.Breakfast was unexpected.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"close to the company"
fine .
6 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Phil
"Good if you only need a place to crash."
I picked this place because of the price and I was travelling alone and only needed a no-frills place to sleep. It satisfied me on those requirements. Its very old, very 80's retro. In fact I am pretty sure nothing's been changed since the 80's including the carpeting, bathroom tiles and even vending machines. Fairly run down, grey and depressing. I wouldn't stay here if you're trying to impress someone. People staying here were sort of riff-raffy as well.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Close to hospital for our viist"
Enjoyed our stay....room was clean and spacious.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
H.Baker
"This hotel is not up to standard!!"
Our stay was less than satisfactory!! Our room, pool area, out side grounds...were filthy filthy filthy. Upon first arrival (at night in the darkness) the lobby was very nice, decorated well, even a grand piano and fire place, once leaving that area things went down hill quickly. Our room was very dirty and in terrible repair...months of neglect. We over looked some things as it was late and dark, but in the light of the day we were totally appalled. I can look past older decor but this was down right run down. We had a non-smoking room(lol) with cigarette burns on the furniture and carpet. There was parting going on out side our room in the court yard area, with some other guest being sick out side our patio door, with nothing being done from the front desk...another guest got fed up and called the police her self. Not happy at all with our stay!!!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Marcia
"Hotel with NO customer service skills"
This hotel staff has the customer service skills of a rock !!!!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Brian G
The included "breakfast" was terrible - bread, peanut butter, jam, & coffee. No water or juice available; and the butter was rancid; no fruit available. The bed was comfortable; unfortunately, neighbouring guests were extremely loud with parent and child shouting in hall and outside our patio at 5:30am.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Horrible Experience"
The bathroom was disgusting; the toilet bowl was half yellow, the tub was half brown, the paint was peeling. The mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning control, despite the hotel guide/instruction booklet in the room said there would be one. The room did not have enough towels, there were only 6 tissues left in the tissue box, and the light bulbs in the lamps were dim; if there is no overhead light, the light bulbs should be brighter. There was no elevator or ramp to use the luggage trolleys on so we had to carry everything up all of the flights of stairs. The 'complementary' breakfast was two cereals, bread, and bagels. Overall, this hotel was terrible.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
One night was enough. Do no recommend
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"**nice overall experience**"
I very much enjoyed my stay here. I went to Toronto for 3 days with my Niece(14yrs) my son's (10 & 6) and my Grandson(4 yrs), The rooms were clean, and cleaned daily. The staff very friendly, while the breakfast had limited variety it was continually stocked to make sure there was enough for all. The pool and hot tub area were clean, the kids loved spending time there, couldn't wait to get back. Yes it may need some updating(my niece was shocked no flat screen tv...lol) . As a bonus we had a small fridge and microwave in the room. This was great the fridge came in handy to store food for my son as he is handicapped and we needed to bring along things that he could eat(much better than the cooler we brought). My main concern was cleanliness and that it was. So no complaints here, nice experience.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Laurie
"quite economical"
I was very pleased with my overall stay. The manager gave us an up-grade to our room and we were pleased. Most of our activities were downtown, so we had a long drive, but were satisfied with Howard Johnson.CDB
Response by Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East
Dear Carol, Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate your comment, it shows how we valued our guests and we continue to work hard to improve our hotel to better serve our guests. If you ever need hotel in our area we hope you will choose us again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Carol Bemi
"Mattress"
We didn't slept well,the mattress was awful, the following morning I was stiff and sore . Terrible service ,cleaners just open the door without knocking . Bad experience !
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Richie
"Ok location"
The hotel is in a very bad condition , almost falling a part, the room and corridor stinks,water faucet are falling off the wall. Really unpleasant and was not worth the money. I find it over priced for the quality provided.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Nagi
"Nice Pool"
Good place. has a pool.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Ask for a remodelled room only!"
When we arrived, check in was late because the rooms weren't cleaned yet. Once we were able to check in, the room we received was very outdated, bed slanted inwards, garbage on the balcony, and parts of the ceiling falling down in the bathroom. I requested a new room (as I saw a remodelled one on a walk to their pool) and they were able to accommadate my family for the two nights in a newly renovated room which was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was in ok condition, my kids did love swimming. Free internet and contenential breakfast was good. Easy access to downtown Toronto. All in all I would stay again but in a new room.
Response by Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Toronto East
Dear Nicole, Thank you for your review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, we appreciate your comments. I agree with you it’s a big difference between renovated rooms and standard. We have renovated some of our rooms, hallways, also renovated our indoor pool and we continue to improve our hotel to better serve our guests. We are looking forward to serving you again.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
nicole
People where friendly n helpful, the the cleanness of the the room was not, the rugs where never cleaned next to the beds. Other than that the staff was nice.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Hotel was unclean and just nasty."
Expedia put us in a smoking room, so it was terrible!! And the hotel could not put us into a different room. It was smelly, dirty and a terrible experience.
J
"Terrible."
Locks on room did not work. Promised microwave none in. Room
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
corey
"Not recommended"
It began when the clerk gave us two key cards, one with some sort of sticky crap all over it. It went downhill from there. We refused the first room, but then they gave us a much nicer room. However, driving around the building we were concerned about the kind of guests they might be entertaining. It seemed sketchy to say the least. At least the pool was relatively clean - but they never had towels there and when my wife asked for towels the clerk gave her a hard time. The clean up staff were very friendly, we felt bad they had to work in such a horrible environment. We'll not be going back.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Unrecommend"
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who expected a 3stars Hotel, its actually a motel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
N.a.
"worst hotel"
This is the worst hotel i have stayed in. I cant believe they are even still in business. Unless you are partying stay clear.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Needs some major renovations"
Everything in the room was falling apart, holes in the drapes and carpets, burn marks, stains, sink and shower falling apart, even a dead ant under the covers. Honestly did not even want to sleep under the sheets. My roomie slept on towels. This place has a lot of potential for being a great place to stay (right off the 401, cute courtyard) only if everything in the rooms were replaced. Also completely over priced. Oh and was fun to hear every conversation of the person on the toilet above us. But not really.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
Worst hotel.. Room is old and dirty, air conditioning didn't work. Continential breakfast was terrible and served on paper plates..
Other trip Jul 15, 2014