All hotels in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights here22 Metropolitan Rd, Toronto, ON, M1R2T6, Canada, ‏‎855-239-9481

2.6
    2.8
    2.5
    2.2
    2.7

"Do not stay here!"
This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever encountered, I think Captain Obvious from their commercials used this location as their set. My wife and I checked in and left within 30 minutes and did not return choosing to stay at the nearest Hilton.
1 night romance trip Sep 27, 2014
Greg
"A Real Dump"
Old, filthy hotel. Staff is not bad, but the place needs to be torn down and rebuilt.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
"Not Great"
Cops were there both nights I stayed because of problems. Not the cleanest room. Bed was good. No Frig, no chairs.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
I just needed a room to crash for the night.Breakfast was unexpected.
1 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"close to the company"
fine .
6 night business trip Sep 15, 2014
Phil
"Good if you only need a place to crash."
I picked this place because of the price and I was travelling alone and only needed a no-frills place to sleep. It satisfied me on those requirements. Its very old, very 80's retro. In fact I am pretty sure nothing's been changed since the 80's including the carpeting, bathroom tiles and even vending machines. Fairly run down, grey and depressing. I wouldn't stay here if you're trying to impress someone. People staying here were sort of riff-raffy as well.
1 night business trip Sep 19, 2014
"Close to hospital for our viist"
Enjoyed our stay....room was clean and spacious.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
H.Baker
"This hotel is not up to standard!!"
Our stay was less than satisfactory!! Our room, pool area, out side grounds...were filthy filthy filthy. Upon first arrival (at night in the darkness) the lobby was very nice, decorated well, even a grand piano and fire place, once leaving that area things went down hill quickly. Our room was very dirty and in terrible repair...months of neglect. We over looked some things as it was late and dark, but in the light of the day we were totally appalled. I can look past older decor but this was down right run down. We had a non-smoking room(lol) with cigarette burns on the furniture and carpet. There was parting going on out side our room in the court yard area, with some other guest being sick out side our patio door, with nothing being done from the front desk...another guest got fed up and called the police her self. Not happy at all with our stay!!!
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Marcia
"Hotel with NO customer service skills"
This hotel staff has the customer service skills of a rock !!!!
1 night business trip Aug 31, 2014
Brian G
The included "breakfast" was terrible - bread, peanut butter, jam, & coffee. No water or juice available; and the butter was rancid; no fruit available. The bed was comfortable; unfortunately, neighbouring guests were extremely loud with parent and child shouting in hall and outside our patio at 5:30am.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
"Horrible Experience"
The bathroom was disgusting; the toilet bowl was half yellow, the tub was half brown, the paint was peeling. The mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. There was no air conditioning control, despite the hotel guide/instruction booklet in the room said there would be one. The room did not have enough towels, there were only 6 tissues left in the tissue box, and the light bulbs in the lamps were dim; if there is no overhead light, the light bulbs should be brighter. There was no elevator or ramp to use the luggage trolleys on so we had to carry everything up all of the flights of stairs. The 'complementary' breakfast was two cereals, bread, and bagels. Overall, this hotel was terrible.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
One night was enough. Do no recommend
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
"**nice overall experience**"
I very much enjoyed my stay here. I went to Toronto for 3 days with my Niece(14yrs) my son's (10 & 6) and my Grandson(4 yrs), The rooms were clean, and cleaned daily. The staff very friendly, while the breakfast had limited variety it was continually stocked to make sure there was enough for all. The pool and hot tub area were clean, the kids loved spending time there, couldn't wait to get back. Yes it may need some updating(my niece was shocked no flat screen tv...lol) . As a bonus we had a small fridge and microwave in the room. This was great the fridge came in handy to store food for my son as he is handicapped and we needed to bring along things that he could eat(much better than the cooler we brought). My main concern was cleanliness and that it was. So no complaints here, nice experience.
Other trip Aug 30, 2014
Laurie
"quite economical"
I was very pleased with my overall stay. The manager gave us an up-grade to our room and we were pleased. Most of our activities were downtown, so we had a long drive, but were satisfied with Howard Johnson.CDB
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Carol Bemi
"Mattress"
We didn't slept well,the mattress was awful, the following morning I was stiff and sore . Terrible service ,cleaners just open the door without knocking . Bad experience !
1 night business trip Aug 15, 2014
Richie
"Ok location"
The hotel is in a very bad condition , almost falling a part, the room and corridor stinks,water faucet are falling off the wall. Really unpleasant and was not worth the money. I find it over priced for the quality provided.
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
Nagi
"Nice Pool"
Good place. has a pool.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
"Ask for a remodelled room only!"
When we arrived, check in was late because the rooms weren't cleaned yet. Once we were able to check in, the room we received was very outdated, bed slanted inwards, garbage on the balcony, and parts of the ceiling falling down in the bathroom. I requested a new room (as I saw a remodelled one on a walk to their pool) and they were able to accommadate my family for the two nights in a newly renovated room which was very clean. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool was in ok condition, my kids did love swimming. Free internet and contenential breakfast was good. Easy access to downtown Toronto. All in all I would stay again but in a new room.
Other trip Aug 8, 2014
nicole
People where friendly n helpful, the the cleanness of the the room was not, the rugs where never cleaned next to the beds. Other than that the staff was nice.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
"Hotel was unclean and just nasty."
Expedia put us in a smoking room, so it was terrible!! And the hotel could not put us into a different room. It was smelly, dirty and a terrible experience.
J
"Terrible."
Locks on room did not work. Promised microwave none in. Room
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
corey
"Not recommended"
It began when the clerk gave us two key cards, one with some sort of sticky crap all over it. It went downhill from there. We refused the first room, but then they gave us a much nicer room. However, driving around the building we were concerned about the kind of guests they might be entertaining. It seemed sketchy to say the least. At least the pool was relatively clean - but they never had towels there and when my wife asked for towels the clerk gave her a hard time. The clean up staff were very friendly, we felt bad they had to work in such a horrible environment. We'll not be going back.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Unrecommend"
I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone who expected a 3stars Hotel, its actually a motel.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
N.a.
"worst hotel"
This is the worst hotel i have stayed in. I cant believe they are even still in business. Unless you are partying stay clear.
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
"Needs some major renovations"
Everything in the room was falling apart, holes in the drapes and carpets, burn marks, stains, sink and shower falling apart, even a dead ant under the covers. Honestly did not even want to sleep under the sheets. My roomie slept on towels. This place has a lot of potential for being a great place to stay (right off the 401, cute courtyard) only if everything in the rooms were replaced. Also completely over priced. Oh and was fun to hear every conversation of the person on the toilet above us. But not really.
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
"Worst hotel ever"
Worst hotel.. Room is old and dirty, air conditioning didn't work. Continential breakfast was terrible and served on paper plates..
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
debs
"TERRIBLE- DO NOT STAY HERE"
The hotel was in a shady part of SCARBOROUGH not TORONTO. The room we were given was absolutely disgusting; not clean at all and smelled of cigarettes. Myself and my friend actually ended up checking out about 10 minutes after arriving. Would not recommend you staying here.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Decent Hotel"
This hotel needs renovations. Room was okay and so was the breakfast.
"I Can't believe the Negative reviews"
I am surprised by the negative reviews this hotel received. Maybe people don't feel comfortable with the diverse clients. Our room was clean and comfortable. Air conditioner worked well. The staff were friendly and helpful. We were in for the Canada Day weekend and were close to both the Metro Zoo and The Ripley's Museum. It was also Gay Pride week so the hotel was even more diverse than usual. I would not have any worries about staying there again
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Cheap place to stay"
If you want a cheap place to stay, this is it. For a chain hotel, I was very dissapointed in the maintenance of the hotel. If you don't care what the hotel looks like and you want a cheap place, this will fit the bill.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Cindy
"Nice hotel in the middle of nowhere."
Room was clean, TV was good... breakfast is so-so... but anyway, you get what you paid for. For a quick trip it is perfect, altough the location is a little bit scaring... it is in the middle of nowhere, close to warehouses. Would stay again.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
Alexandre
"Way past its prime"
the hotel looks like it's being run into the ground. no grounds maintenance, everything in the hotel looks very old and musty. I haven't watched an old tube TV is years.....almost nostalgic! The location was very convenient though, my main reason for selecting this hotel.
2 night business trip Jun 8, 2014
"Hotel was clean but not as advertised."
Overall it was good enough for one night not sure I would want to stay more than that as it is not as described on the web site. The staff was friendly and rooms okay. Bring breakfast as all you get is toast and muffins. Advertised as eggs and warm choices not available.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
Barb
"Horrid"
This hotel should be demolished. It is in such disrepair. The bottom of the doors are rotted out and nailed back. The rooms were depressing brown. The pool was okay. The desk staff polite. We found out after our stay that this hotel has the worst reputation in Toronto. We paid a lot of money for this and HJ will be receiving a letter about this. I tool photos of the doors. Even 5 coats of paint would not clean this place up to the standards we expected.
1 night trip Jun 11, 2014
Breeze
"Adequate accommodation."
There was lots of noise in the night; people knocking on doors and conversation in the hallways at 4 am. lots of worn facilities such as the washroom in the room. The gardens and grounds needed some upkeep. The pool which had been built in the 70's (60's) looked like it hadn't been upgraded since
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"Perfect location just off the 401"
Just spent 2 nights with my daughter. Loved the location for driving to sights. Hotel staff were very friendly. The price was good and includes parking and breakfast. Sure hotel is outdated but I prefer to spend my money for basics and not pay for updated décor. Fridge and microwave in room was a bonus. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice and clean. I had read reviews on this site and was worried before we arrived. I expected the worse and I am happy to report I did not find the reviews to be true. Would definitely book again when we visit Toronto.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
S. Desaulniers
Poor, hotel room had a weird smell, even the corridor leading to the room smelled, the grounds were unkept, grass not cut. A t.v. from the last century. The washroom was passable, however the vanity was built for short folks, nearly had to kneel to be comfortable in front of it. Amenities in the washroom were good.
1 night romance trip Jun 4, 2014
"Great location to 401."
We have stayed several times and serves our purpose of a place to sleep while visiting relatives in the city. Asked for more pillows and brought to us promptly.
Other trip May 25, 2014
Alison
"Good valaue"
Good experience. Good experience Good experience Good experience Good experience
Other trip May 22, 2014
"disppointing"
The hotel is old. Breakfast choice is too little.
Other trip May 19, 2014
montrealer
"Inexpensive, clean, friendly helpful staff."
This hotel is old and apparently undergoing renovations to correct it's outdated and tired look. We fully expected that when we arrived. The room was clean, the towels crisp and white, the bed linen clean, and new looking pillows. The pool and hot tub were well appreciated by our family and the area was clean. I had read reviews saying that people smelled smoke - I believe they smell incense which was a frequent undertone during our stay. It was not unpleasant. The best part of the stay was the staff. They are all very friendly and helpful, including the front desk, housekeeping and a charming lady in the little shop on site. This was not a 5 star hotel and I knew it when I booked it. I expected little based on reviews, but was pleasantly surprised with our experience. The staff makes this hotel and once they finish renovating I expect that ratings will soar.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Chako
"Old and rundown"
The hotel is in need of some major remodelling. The room was musty, the bed was worn out and the pillows were flat as pancakes.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Last Minute Decision"
I live in the area but had a situation at home. It was really late in the evening when I decided to stay at a hotel. I was really pleased to find a room in a nice hotel at a reasonable rate.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Margaret
"NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL - EVEN FOR FREE!"
THAT WAS THE WORST HOTEL I HAVE EVER STAYED.
1 night business trip May 2, 2014
"Needs major ugrading"
It was nice to have a table and two chairs and a heated bathroom floor, but that is all that rated any positive points. Bathroom has mold and is not terribly clean, mattress has been on the bed since the hotel opened. Grounds are still full of garbage! Will never stay there again
1 night trip Apr 24, 2014
Gayle Turner
"You almost get what you pay for."
Poor service, mind you all 3 attendants were trainees. Smell reminiscent of your best friends dirty apartment building which is occupied by 3/4 smokers. Couldn't tell if the room was dirty or if it was just old and dated. It's definitely seen it's days and probably a fair share of bodily fluids. Spend the extra 10$ to stay in a hotel a touch further than this one. Seriously worth it.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
"Needs Upgrading"
I stayed here for 2 nights. The hallways were filled with cobwebs. I actually walked into a spider. Room smelt musty and floors felt like I was walking on felt. Never again.
2 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
Blayke
"just for sleeping"
over all not satisfactory
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
THE STAY I ENJOYED WITH PERSONAL ROMANCE , BUT THE HOTEL CORIDOORS WERE SO MUSTY SMELL , ROOM IS GOOD CLEAN BUT THE BED IS OLDER ,
1 night romance trip Apr 15, 2014
NIM
"Easy hi-way access"
Firstly the good things...Close to Hi-way was easy for travel purpose. Secondly it was very quiet. Now the bad....The rooms were grungy and needed up grade very bad, the beds were hard. They rented out rooms and some floors were not accessible, T.V in room was bad and no cable for half the night. The showers looked very bad and had no pressure. The worst part was when talking to front desk clerk I had to deal with a resident in lobby...not cool. The yard was covered in cigarette butts. Never again for that money
1 night trip Apr 11, 2014