All hotels in Okoboji, Iowa, United States of America
1405 Highway 71, Okoboji, IA, 51355, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

We had a great experience at the hotel
1 night trip with friends Jun 20, 2015
Andrea
"Arrowwood Resort"
Excellent staff! The team at Arrowwood was awesome! The hotel itself was a bit dated and the AC, though it cooled the room well, could not be adjusted not to blow directly onto the person sleeping in the first bed. Also it would be nice to have some spare supplies in the room as we ran out of toiletries. Overall a nice place with an excellent restaurant on location. And at a reasonable price.
2 night family trip Jun 8, 2015
Bruce
"Lack of cleanliness"
The hotel needs to focus on its cleaning staff. They were training in "interns" and the room cleaning was poor. Their signature restaurant "Minerva's" is one of the main reasons I stay there.
3 night trip May 26, 2015
Jane
"Boji Fun"
We have stayed here several times and it's always a great stay.
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
Nan
"Cool pool"
The pool was great, the room was great. I loved the sliding door, however the handle came off due to loose screws. The continental breakfast skipped a couple continents. But overall we really enjoyed our stay very much!
Other trip Apr 3, 2015
Chels
"Appears ok, but dig a little deeper."
On first inspection the hotel seemed great. The room appeared to be clean and tidy. I settled in to wait for my husband to arrive. We ordered in dinner that night and since it was Mexican food we wanted to rid the room of the smell and thought by putting the trash in the bathroom it would help with that until housekeeping could come and dispose of it. Come to find out, the bathroom fan was not working. Then we realized that a vanity lightbulb was burned out leaving the sink area a bit darker than normal. Finally it was bedtime. I get ready to crawl into bed to find that the sheets are all tangled underneath the nicely made bed and that the mattress pad cover was exposed and completely torn apart! The front desk lady came and changed the bed right away and apologized. She said she would let the GM know and would have them contact me in the next couple of days (we stayed 2 nights). Our stay was on Fri-Sun, it is Tuesday and I still have not heard a word from them.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Alison
Pool area was awesome for the kiddos. Nice hot tub. Staff was super friendly. Room was outdated. Sink was clogged. Toilet leaked whiched caused that to clogged too. Ice bucket had mold in it. Made me a little sad Bc my Sr. prom was there and was very nice, now seems run down.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
Cooper
"Very nice hotel super friendly staff large rooms c"
On business and stayed one night at the hotel check in was very quick, staff was very frienday. They appeared to really like what they do and not just a job. Very nice experience
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great spot."
Nice spot. Great breakfast, nice bar, good location. I'll be back.
1 night business trip Jan 18, 2015
Grant
"Nice place to stay"
Nice place to stay but the parking suck, && so does the maintenance if it during winter season!! The staff is polite && attentive!! The sauna was down the whole stay, I think that whole entire pool area needs some major cleaning/upgrading!! Overall stay was nice!!
1 night family trip Nov 25, 2014
"Nice people/location. Rooms starting to show age"
Good place to stay and nice restaurant, especially nice to have during cold months. However, the rooms are starting to age (I.e. even had a telephone that didn't work) and the decor is staring to look old. They along time ago had an amazing workout facility. Now it's just crammed we into a very tiny room without even water. If they made some simple improvements in facility it would make a big difference
jm
"Beautiful place to stay."
When we arrived our room had not been cleaned from the night before's guest. A quick call to the front desk solved the issue: they had housekeeping come up right away while we were offered free drinks in the hotel bar while we waited. It took less then 20 minutes to get it cleaned.
1 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Hotel needs updating"
Hotel was outdated and rooms need work. The best thing was the continental breakfast.
Other trip Sep 23, 2014
"Can't complain too much"
Price was right, location was actually excellent for not being on the lake. Service was less than I normally expect but not horrible. My biggest complaint was the lack of wifi they promised. I tried my laptop, Windows Surface and my smart phone and none of them could connect - but the desk clerk said it was working fine for them the whole time. No additional support was provided/offered. That was my biggest hangup with this place - that's what kept it from getting a better rating. Its definitely NOT a 5 star hotel. Four stars would be pushing it... if only they could just step it up a notch in customer service and facility (exterior) cleanliness.
Other trip Sep 22, 2014
Rooms need updating, and better cleaning, the bathrooms were never cleaned after the first night!
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
Marlys
"Thought it was by the lake..."
It was ok. We somehow had the impression that this was on the water, so we were disappointed to arrive and find out its not. We had to call and ask for an iron - there wasn't one in our room. Very loud noise in the middle of the night from neighbors right above us - for about an hour. Lots of stomping, laughing, partying. We stopped at the bar for a drink before heading out to dinner - the bartender didn't acknowledge us at first (we were sitting right at the bar and there was nobody else there)... and when he finally did take our drink order he brought us the wrong thing. So overall we were not too impressed with this place. If it had been any one of those things, probably not a big deal. But all of it together made us rather disappointed.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"fun get away"
It was great! plenty of breakfast food in morning, a late night bar and grill. only problem we had was that the pool lacked enough towels.
2 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
allyn
Older facility that is overpriced. New resort on the water close to this hotel is one-half the price. Told pets not allowed but when we arrived saw guests with pets. Excuse was they had pest issues so decided not to allow pets ... those guests with pets must have checked in prior to us? Hotel cleaning staff used our bathroom and did not flush the toilet! Would not stay again. If only place available I would cancel my vacation plans.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
"Find a better option"
hotel was ok. I elected the "pay in advance" option but when I checked out the hotel had billed my credit card. 4 phone calls later, I am still waiting for a solution. They hotel staff admitted to the mistake but has yet to fix their error. The room was ok as was the room service dinner. Unfortunately, the hotel is showing several decades of limited investments and repair. The room smelled & they cleaning staff could invest a bit more time in the room.
2 night trip Aug 26, 2014
The room was not serviced properly for our entire three night stay. No toilet paper or tissues. The restaurant was good the first night but the chief was off the next time we tried to dine there and it was so bad we ended up leaving and going to another restaurant in the area.
3 night romance trip May 23, 2014
"Not very clean or well maintained"
My husband were at the hotel one night and arrived about 10:30 at night. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. When we got settled into our room, I pulled back the comforter and the sheet was pulled back on one side of the bed. I wasn't sure if the maid service overlooked it when they made the bed or if a previous guest had occupied the bed and had just pulled the covers back over the sheet and the maid service hadn't bothered to check it. It was a creepy feeling. The tub drained very slowly and in the course of taking a shower the water got ankle deep. There were partiers traipsing down the hall rather loudly in the wee hours of the morning. The breakfast was good but not exceptional. All in all, I will find another place to stay next time we are in Okoboji.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2013
Mel
Seemed pretty nice for the price. Good size rooms. Service was pleasant.
2 night business trip Dec 9, 2013
Robert C.
"Dissappointing Stay"
The hotel lobby was great along with Minervas the Bar and Restaurant. My room on my first stay was average at best. My 2nd and 3rd stays required and upgrade in service. The bed did not get made up daily, shampoo and conditioner not replenished, never vacuumed, and my bathroom ceiling had mildew along with the bottom of the bathtub was stained from a previous matting. I would recommend staying at the Americinn or the Ramada if you have to stay in the Spirit Lake area and eat at Minervas. Also on my 2nd and 3rd stays they did not have my room booked correct. The one instance they could not find the booking at all, and the other they had me booked for 2 rooms instead of one for more nights than I had reserved.
Other trip Dec 6, 2013
Great Restaurant but hotel could use some updating.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2013
IT WAS A VERY NICE STAY Swimming and also a nice continental breakfast
Other trip Oct 20, 2013
Gayle
"Not very good"
1st hotel room they put me in: leaking sink all over carpet. 2nd hotel room: opened the door and there was someone's bag already on the bed. So they moved me a third time and although the bathtub drain was clogged- I decided not to press my luck. Nice staff and service but they need to get it together.
2 night business trip Oct 4, 2013
"Nice hotel and decent location."
We didn't particularly like the ambiance and we definitely didn't like the breakfast. No nutritious food. We would probably try a different hotel.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
Jerry
"Not what we expected for the money"
We were disappointed in this hotel. We travel a lot, and this hotel does not measure up to the number of stars it has received, nor the money we paid.
2 night trip Aug 31, 2013
Jay
"They listened to my complaint & took care of it."
I'm hyper-sensitive to smells, odors, & any thing airborne. After checking in, I noticed a strong odor centered around the bathroom area. I reported it right away, saying I didn't know if it was the cleaning products or a deodorizing spray (I saw no automatic deodorizers in the room). They told me it was a deodorizing spray used after cleaning the bathroom. They contacted the cleaning staff so that it was not used in our room during our stay. Most people would have thought the smell was pleasant but for me it triggered severe head pain. They were so nice & prompt about fixing my problem. I really appreciated it.
Other trip Aug 31, 2013
Judy
"Ok, but would not be my first choice."
Looks much better on the website than in person. Rehabed older property that needs a lot of work to really bring it into competition with current hotels. Toilet needed completely reset and the seat tightened. No restaurant, skimpy "continental" breakfast. Front desk was nice upon arrival and a different staff member was indifferent to my departure.
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"not as clean as I'd like"
This is a convenient location, however the overall sense of this hotel is that it is in need of updating, renovations and cleaning! Our bathroom ceiling was covered with mildew and the room smelled. Housekeeping didn't come at all our first day and did a poor job the second day - just pulling up the sheets, not touching the bottom sheet at all. Our room faced Hwy 71 and was noisy. The first morning we woke and went to open our sliding glass door and realized that it was unlocked with the security bar not engaged either. Yikes!
3 night trip Aug 15, 2013
"Overpriced for the facility."
The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, during our entire stay the "hotel rooms" section of the hotel had a VERY unpleasant odor. Carpeting was very worn and stained. Tiles missing on the ceiling. It rained and the ceiling in the hallway was leaking in several places. Continental breakfast was nice... fresh fruit, cereals, waffles, etc.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
jan
"convenient to access Lake okaboji"
Continental breakfast attendents not up to speed.
3 night family trip Jul 28, 2013
"Weekend with family"
We had a great time! We all loved the indoor pool and sauna.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
Judy
"Great value for the price..."
We had a wonderful time at Arrowwood...wish the golf course was more affordable...they priced us out of the market with 2 pre- teens...Pool and hot tub are to die for!!! Conveniently located and a very nice experience.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Nice place, but needs more detail care"
It was a nice place to park for a night. Front desk didn't seem to have details of resort down well. Bathtub didn't drain.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"For golfers only."
Hotel wasn't worth the price paid. In need of a bit of renovation. Very "chopped up". View to golf course is nice, but many items needed attention in the hotel.
Other trip Jul 9, 2013
"there for a wedding"
The hotel was just average for the price. I was not the least bit impressed. First thing I noticed when I walked into the room was the smell of cigarette smoke.
2 night trip Jun 28, 2013
"Nice room"
Close to everything we needed.
1 night trip Jun 26, 2013
"Iowa Great Lakes"
Great on-site restaurant (Minerva's# with a 'not-to-be-missed' Sunday brunch buffet. Nice daily continental breakfast included. Comfortable room, seemed to be plenty of parking #although it was off-season#. 24 Hr. Fitness Room was a nice amenity, although not all of the equipment was 100%. Would recommend a water dispenser. Upon check-out, couldn't find a staff member anywhere #it was around 6am#.
Other trip Apr 25, 2013
DolphinGuy
"convenient location"
Extremely noisy, TV did not work properly, could not get towels in the pool area even after calling twice, bed uncomfortable.
1 night trip Mar 23, 2013
"okoboji"
Everything about our stay was excellent except the breakfast. We were there at 8:30 a.m. and there was virtually no food to choose from. Very disappointed in this. We had planned on eating there before leaving to go to the funeral we were in town for, so that left no time to go elsewhere for a meal.
1 night trip Mar 19, 2013
"Not the hotel is was five years ago."
Check-in was efficient. First room experience was that stool was stopped up but maintenance came promptly. Air conditioner/wall heater didn't function. Maintenance got the fan to run but it quit about five minutes after he left. Room was very warm most of the night. Stool continues to flush very slowly but did work. Restaurant: Waited about 15 minutes for service to place order. Ordered medium steak: was bloody all the way through. Had to wait about ten minutes to get waitress's attention to recook steak. Was recooked correctly to just a red center. Steak literally was almost flavorless. Reasonably tender but no taste. Then had to wait almost 15 minutes after giving credit card to waiter for her to return. Asked for a late check out and was told absolutely not had to be out by 11:00, normal check out time. Next morning, asked new person behind desk and was told late checkout would be just fine. All in all, nice hotel but definite issues with training and attention to detail by staff. Could have had much better service for much less elsewhere. Won't be staying there again.
Other trip Oct 18, 2012
"No problems, nice hotel"
We just stayed one night, but we found the rooms extremely nice, clean, room smelled good. Very nice furnishings. The staff was courteous, and checked to see if we were satisfied with everything. Didn't really have a chance to use amenities (pool, etc.). We would stay again.
Other trip Oct 1, 2012
"Clark Co. fair, had great access from hotel."
Motel was great, service excellent only negatives were the room's sink faucets leaked at full on through the handle washers, minor issue. The Bar was closed at 11:30 on Friday night upon our return from the fair precluding a night cap!
Other trip Sep 20, 2012
"Hotel said our reservation had been cancelled."
When we arrived, the hotel claimed that our reservation had been cancelled by hotels.com. We showed them our paperwork and they put us in lesser rooms than we had expected (two rooms downstairs instead of an upstairs suite). The two rooms were adequate, but again, not deluxe rooms as promised. I do not think it likely that hotels.com cancelled out reservation since we received numerous e-mails from hotels,com (including one on 9/11) about our upcoming trip to Arrowwood. This property is in an excellent location surrounded by a golf course,and the on-site restarurant is very good. With a bit more effort, this could be a first-class destination resort.
Family trip Sep 18, 2012
"close to Clay County Fair"
We had a lovely stay at the Arrowwood. The facility was clean, the staff was friendly, and we slept well! Only issue we had was on the second night, we tried to enter our room and the keys were deactivated. Had to run to the desk to activate them again. No biggie. Staff took care of the issue immediately! Would come back again!
Romance trip Sep 18, 2012
PB&J
We were suppose to have free wi fii in the room, did not work, told them thefirst day we got their and they did nothing, told them the second day again and they did nothing, toliet was loose to the floor and you could move it all around, mildew all over on the grout of the tub, not very helpful staff! The rest of the room was very clean not to mention one of the most comfortable beds i have slept on for a hotel. The hallways smelled very musty and they had dehumidifier running. Don't know if we would go back again
Other trip Sep 16, 2012
"coming back"
one of the best i've been to...thanks to all your hard working people for making our stay one to remember. very clean....smells great in the room.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012
ingram
"Great for golfing and places to eat."
It was very enjoyable stay, would definately stay again.
Other trip Sep 11, 2012