All hotels in Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights hereCarretera Luperón, Km. 4.5, Complejo Turístico, Puerto Plata, Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic, ‏‎800-491-6126

the staff was very nice, beach and pool excellent however there were a lot of mosquitoes in the room, called and staff came and sprayed so it was better, they sprayed the room daily so no more bites. food was good but could have included more native dishes. nightly shows were nice also. no one would give you directions to locate market said it wasn't safe, made it seem as if you stepped outside of the hotel you would be mugged which i am sure wouldn't be true but guess they felt they had to protect you.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
maxine
"Just Ok"
Hated the food zero variety same thing everyday, yesterday's leftovers. Food sucked!!! Room was very clean. I would say that is one good thing the rooms are clean. Entertainment was not very entertainment. Do not fall for the timeshare hounds just keep walking. Pool was nice and warm, people were excellent everyone was very nice, kind and accommodating.
Other trip Oct 31, 2014
Overall great experience. Only complaint is those darn mosquitoes.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
Perfect! Hotel staff, room very nice. The food was ok i love the breakfast.
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
"Very nice place to vacation"
Went there to look at multiple resorts for my wedding and this us the most pleasant, relaxing, and most value for my money.
2 night business trip Oct 14, 2014
Betty
"Nice place, just needed more to do ."
Nice place. Just needed more activitys to do in day and night. I would still refer to a friend.bi
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Very relaxing. Enjoyable."
Everything was great except the food. Not enough variety, they served the same thing for breakfast the 3 mornings we were there. Lunch was not any better and the leftovers were always served for dinner. But, I guess it all depends on people's taste and what they like to eat. Other than that, the resort is very pretty and we enjoyed it-:)
Other trip Oct 18, 2014
Was ok
1 night family trip Oct 4, 2014
miguel
"Good place to stay"
Nice Hotel with very helpful and professional staff, an example of this was requesting extra towels and linen for the room - it would be there within minutes.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Gordon
"Worst hotel experience EVER!"
My initial hotel was overbooked so I was contacted to make a change. This hotel was nearby and looked like it had great reviews (which must have been from guests that were paid off or something). When I got to the hotel and through the extensive security, I discussed with the front desk person how difficult it was to get to the hotel and the fact that I don't speak any Spanish. She mentioned how she spoke 3 languages, though. She gives me my check-in package and the bellman takes me on the golf cart ride to the furthest set of rooms on the property. When I get in and open the check-in package- you guessed it: everything is in Spanish. I call the front desk and they apologize and tell me to come back to the lobby to get the english version. While I was talking to them on the phone I notice the smell of mold in the room and the infestation of mosquitos! I'm guessing this is because you must be in the room to have the A/C on and it cuts off with the room key extraction when you leave. Anyway, as I leave to go to the front desk it has gotten dark outside and there is little light to illuminate the way. I completely lost (in terms of getting back to the front desk) and have to ask people how to get there. When I finally get there I ask if I am in fact in the furthest bank of rooms and she tells me 'yes'. As I'm standing there drenched in sweat and completely dumb founded, she says traveling back and forth will be good for exercise. Really??! Next, as I booked a double room I ask
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
travis
Decent hotel/resort right on the beach but not a 4 star (U.S. standards). Although hotel wasn't a 4 star, the staff gets high marks. They were fantastic and accommodated every request.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Cubby
"best hotel in Puerto Plata"
The stay was wonderful! The hotel upgraded our room for free, allowed us to check in 30 minutes early, to stay until 5pm during check out and offered us complimentary gifts for participating in hotel sponsored activities. The room was very clean (the cleaning lady even put small flowers to welcome us), the bath tub jaccuzzi worked, security guards made sure no hawkers disturbed guests on the beach, the service staff was polite, attentive and always smiled. The food was good (nothing superlative, but good). The beach and the ocean were marvellous! We played beach volleyball with guests from Germany, England, Spain, Argentina, the US, etc. Overall, my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
5 night romance trip Sep 21, 2014
"All-Inclusive during slow season"
We come from the Santo Domingo area, so it is a long trip. If we were in the Puerto Plata area, we would definately return to Be Live Grand Marien. We had a great time at the Brazilian ala carte restaurant. Unfortionately, the Mexican restaurant was closed during our 2 day stay.t
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2014
Toby
Very nice time spent here. Went with my 6 year old and my 4 year old and they loved the hotel. Very nice setting and overall a good time.
1 night trip Sep 8, 2014
Melisa
"Falling apart"
This was once an Iberostar Hotel. Now it is "Be Live". Everything is scaled down, shut down and in bad shape. Nothing is kept up. I had no hot water in my room. The food is basic. This is in no way shape of form a 4 Star All Inclusive. No way. This is a low budget basic all inclusive....
1 night trip Aug 25, 2014
Howard
"Close to the beach, bit the buffet can be improved"
Nice hotel, but every single day I got a guy from the hotel after the breakfast try yo convince me to go to a tour that is not a tour. They try to sell timeshares. The buffet is not the best. The food is not limited, but the aren't good choices. The hotel has three restaurants, and all three are good, way better than the buffet for sure
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Jairo
This resort is more for family types.. would not recommend it for couples or young singles. I went with my girl friend and we had an okay time ,besides the fact that the cleaning staff stole over $150 dollars from us when we were out and about. Very disappointing.
Other trip Aug 23, 2014
"good food, friendly staff , the pool was fantastic"
from the start the staff were always willing to help, the food was very good. the beach water was warm. overall we loved our stay at this resort.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
Marg
"awesome"
This place was sweet. Good atmosphere. The food was good. Ppl were friendly . The drinks were plentiful. And the pool was massive
3 night trip Aug 9, 2014
D
More activities for kids will be nice. Overall...Nice experience. Awesome !!!!!
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
LO
"A great experience in a gorgeous setting!"
We arrived on Sunday and left the next Friday. The hotel is situated in a beautiful oceanfront setting and is small enough to be easily navigated. The resort was full but never seemed crowded. The staff were unfailingly helpful and welcoming. We took several excursions which made our days varied and interesting. The city tour was very good and the 27 waterfalls adventure was spectacular. The trip to Ocean World was not very good. The facility is old and worn. Their "beach" was a poor facsimile of a beach -- really just some sand dumped on concrete and a tired section of water. Of course, we had the standard beach and pool times made each day worthwhile to me. The buffet was pretty much the same each day although some effort was made to present a variety of cuisine. Our meals at the specific restaurants were the best of the trip. The "yes and no" meat Brazilian meal was fun and delicious. The Gourmet Restaurant was the highlight of my dining experiences at the Grand Marien. The décor was soothing, the chairs were soft, the food was wonderful, and the service was excellent. Finally, my highest compliments go to the staff of the hotel. They would do whatever was necessary to ensure that each guest's needs were met. Each staff member was friendly, consistently polite, and upbeat.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Margie
"Beautiful beach ..."
The food was bad !! Only the restaurants that you have to reserve are amazing but the buffet sucks =\ everything else was amazing
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
lala
Extra clean hotel, very nice staff awesome beach..
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Mack
"Nice hotel, Nice pool"
This hotel is beautiful and it has a very nice big pool. The food was ok. If you are looking for place to relax by the pool or the beach, this is a nice place. Not that many activities though, my husband and I traveled with our 2 year old daughter, and by the third day we were bored. We do not drink alcohol or dance, so there was very little for us to do. They do not offer child care for children below 4.
Layla
"Wouldn't be caught dead at Be Live"
The check-in process took an hour. The drinks are nothing close to what they claim. A sex on the beach taste like sex on the concrete. The wi-fi is too expensive so it's not all inclusive. The food was horrible. It taste like leftovers of leftovers. Very little entertainment, limited extra activities and the food was terrible (I know I said this already), but it was the worst part of the hotel. The sports bar becomes a 1970 disco and if you want to go to a real one which is right outside the other club, you have to pay for it. But don't worry they tell you "it's not include but we have the best prices". Overall it was not a good experience and I spent most of the time telling my kids "I'm soooooooo sorry".
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
Serg
"Ok hotel, if you are in a budget"
In general, the hotel is Ok. Not such a great idea to good during the summer months of June-Aug, this is the time when students in DR are on vacation and the hotel gets over crowded. On the weekends, you can not leave your beach towel or any other belongings on your chair to enter the pool bc they would be gone and someone else would be on your chair.
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Casino and nightclub closed. Local beach club"
The hotel permits day guests on weekends that we were unaware of. Occupancy easily quadrupled and caused lines everywhere. Received no mention of casion and club closing prior to arrival. Food was barely appetizing. Our group stuck to bread for most of the week.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
"Nice hotel as long as you avoid weekends"
I went with family from Tuesday to Saturday. We had a very nice time, typical all inclusive hotel. Has a beautiful beach and nice pool. However, on Friday, an overwhelming amount of people arrived / too much for the facilities. There were lines everywhere and a ton of small children. My advice is to go to another hotel. If you must stay here, do NOT stay from Friday to Sunday. You will hate it here.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
new yorker
"felt like 2 stars"
Stayed for 6 nights June 4 -10th and hated it. I travel a lot and expect a lot from 4 star hotel. This hotel was a joke. Very outdated. Some rooms were renovated but half way. The floor tiles were old and the cement was all over the floor. New tiles were on the walls but they looked sloppy. The furniture and the refrigerator were like 30 years old. But the main problem was the terrible smell of mold. Especially in bld. 9. We moved to bld.8 and it was better. But the pillows smelled in every room. The hotel is very small. The layout is nice but the cement around the pool is very cracked and need painting. The pool and beach chairs are very old and some are broken. There is no swim up bar, no wait service by the pool or the beach. Nobody cleans at the pool area. There are were empty glasses everywhere. The food was ok. Very poor selection. The hotel was 30 percent occupied only on weekdays. So there is was no yoga, no zumba, no aerobics. Kids club was closed and we had to go and look was someone to open it. There is no playground for kids. Boring. Same people who give out towels were doing a show at night. Same people every nice. Those guys are very friendly. They work hard. But a 4 star hotel should have more entertainment. Will never go back ...
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
mother
"Nice hotel and friendly staff."
Quick check in and staff always willing to assist and food was good .
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Josephine
"Very disappointing stay"
The room had a very bad smell in it. The smell was so bad that we had to purchase some plug-ins for the room. The bed was very hard like a box spring. The food was always cold and the milk was watered down. The resort had 3 places to eat and 2 of them needed reservations only to be able to eat there. The only good thing about this resort was the pool. The drinks where just ok however, their brand name Royal. I would not stay at this resort for a vacation. Please take these comments concerning this resort very serious.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014
"Quiet getaway"
Husband & I visited for 4 days. The hotel is "OK". Could use improvements in all areas: but if you are looking to just relax in a mediocre hotel for a good price then go. No major complaints. Just needs some updating all around.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Lianna
"Nice hotel in general. Friendly Staff"
Good experience in general except that quiet a few mosquitoes get into the rooms thru the bottom of the door.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"The reviews here must be by the hotel staff."
First of all, I never leave comments because I do not see the use in that everyone has their own opinion. However, I am doing this as a warning to others. First, I will tell you that this was my first time in an all inclusive resort. I had heard the stories about bad food, overcrowded facilities and catering to families with kids. Well, I should have listened. Let's start with the positives: Room - I upgraded to the ocean view suite and it was very nice. It was clean and had a modern look to it. So with this, I was pleased. However, this was the only positive experience of the trip and I actually looked forward to going to the room to get away from what else was going on. Negatives: Food - Absolutely the worst quality food you can imagine. This is food fit for the Red Cross to serve those in need. Be forewarned. The buffet was awful. The food was not fresh and the quality was terrible. For example, pineapple was white instead of yellow. Most of the food was picked through so by the time I got to it, it was 99% empty. You can tell by the people that assembled by the buffet were good eaters and I doubt what I am saying would dissuade them. The Restaurants- The food quality here was slightly upgraded from the buffet.The ambiance was good and the service was decent. I made the mistake of not making reservations when I first arrived and it was almost impossible to get in the restaurants. I had to beg
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
drew
"Save more $ and stay somewhere else..please"
Room was damp and smelly. The bed and pillows were so hard. I was miserable when it was time to go to sleep. The food was awful at the gourmet restaurant. It was old and stale. Just terrible! I complained to mgmt. i felt so disrespected by the food being served. The mexican and brazilian was just ok. the meats were overcooked. Deserts were terrible. The beach was full of seaweed. The one thing i did like was the pool area and the activities. The staff tried to keep the guests entertained. Be aware of the ppl in beige shirts walking arnd the resort trying to sell a lifestyle VIP Pkg for $15,000. Just stay no!!!! you will be better off staying somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
RB
"Beautiful resort close to beach"
The downfalls: They allow locals to come and sell a few days a week (which I understand it is their livelihood) but it is kind if annoying because you have to start taking the long way around to the buffet just to try and dodge them so you don't get harassed. Also they try and sell you a time share which is valuable vacation time wasted. They pounce on you as your walking by and make you think they want you to fill out a questionnaire about how you like the resort and make you follow them into the "lifestyles" building and before you even know what's happening there you are, stuck listening to a sales pitch while you wait to get released. Also they do things called day or weekend passes where the more fortunate locals can come to the resort for the day/week which is fine....except they take over the pool, let their children run ramped even if it's in your personal space and be prepared for much much longer lines. Luckily for us we had excursions booked so we didn't have to deal much with the craziness, we just saw this all unfold on out way to a fro. This madness usually starts on Fri-Sunday afternoon. The beds were old and uncomfortable. Now the pros: the beach was so close and was absolutely lovely and hardly any locals bothered you. The pool was amazing and huge so you always had your own room, funny staff, all the restaurants (from snack bar to reservation restaurants were lovely) room was always clean with new towels and stocked fridge daily. And many fun excursions!
Other trip May 13, 2014
"Would Stay again"
Deciding on hotel was difficult with some negative reviews but bottom line you have to experience it for yourself. Be Live was really great, hotel staff friendly, beach was beautiful, pool was great. I didn't like that you had to stand in a line to make dinner reservations. Buffett food was warm not hot. I would have preferred more traditional cuisine. No free WiFi so I had to pay for it to be in contact with family. I called prior to arrival to check on shuttle service and person who answered was not able to help me. Apparently no shuttle service to and from hotel/airport. Things at gift shop a bit overpriced. Overall I enjoyed Be Live and would recommend and definitely would go back.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
B
"The best hotel and a even better gift for my girl!"
My first time at a resort and I was skeptical about what resort to pick. But I made the right choice with this resort. It was gift for my girlfriends 40th bday and what a way to spend it. She loved it. The entertainment was amazing, the food was so good, staff was so friendly and helpful made me feel right home. The service was amazing all around. Don't let the negative review steer you away people can be so Caty. They will give hotel a bad rating just because of one Inconvience. This hotel is everything and more!! I purchased some of the best cigars from the resort! Again big kudos to the staff who wore a smile and went above and beyond to make this resort amazing! Thank you!
Other trip Mar 15, 2014
Greg
"everything was great"
great hotel for the price. only down side was not enough beach chairs. but hotel promised to fix it within a few weeks.
Other trip Feb 3, 2014
"Beautiful!"
Staff could be friendlier and more music to capture the island experience. Walls are thin and hallways echo. This was a beautiful place to vacation.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
Juan at the front desk was amazing!
1 night trip Jan 11, 2014
"get away"
overall ok, but this hotel is not a 4 star. at best a 2 1/2 stars. No towels. Not enough beach chairs. Nice pool. Enough drinks. Rooms need upgrading. Staff ok. Overall, a give an average to slightly below average score.
Other trip Jan 11, 2014
"GOOD HOTEL."
Everything's was great, we stay for new year eve and have a great time, my only complains was that there is not enough towel for the pool/beach. stay for 3 days but only one day towels where available.
2 night family trip Dec 31, 2013
The Restaurant had top notch service. We would recommend the buffet above the others. Although, this hotel didn't offer drinks on the beach service, the drinks at the bar were amazing, very creative and the pina coladas were delicious!!! This hotel has potential to be 5 stars, just needs a little improvement in the maintenance of the rooms and grounds upkeep. The staff is amazing and very customer service oriented! The spa is also worth checking out!
7 night trip Dec 26, 2013
Ayala
"It was nice"
We had grate time
Other trip Jan 1, 2014
sh baba
"Great hotel, great staff"
All I have to stay is that this is a beautiful resort with a very great staff.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Although the food buffet was horrible, my stay with this hotel was good. Amazing staff!!!!! Made the trip worth while. Lots of activities throughout the day, and pretty good nightlife activities as well.
Other trip Dec 14, 2013
jerica
"Great Resort..."
This is an older Resort, but it is in great shape. It truly is a beautiful location. The food was good, maybe not the best, yet nobody was ever hungry. The beach should be cleaned more often. The locals selling their wares are relentless, though I would def recommend this Resort, the price is great, can't beat it. The staff is great, the nightly shows were fun. There is so much to do outside the Resort, so much history. Don't miss this Resort, because of negative reviews. Not a five star, but it doesn't claim to be ! It is clean and safe..... Have Fun !!
Other trip Dec 5, 2013