All hotels in Elyria, Ohio, United States of America

Rather comfortable
    Great room
  • Wellness
    Great wellness & sports facilities
We only stayed for one night, but it was comfortable and the breakfast was awesome! Friendly staff and clean rooms.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed Traveller. We look forward to your next stay.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
Cheryl
"Very good"
Although a little tricky to get into, once there it is worth it room was roomy bathroom was good size, even had a fan(not all that common) but the "full" breakfast was outstanding multiple choice for any tastebuds... From eggs and potatoes to waffle with fruit toppings to cereals hot and cold , various juices, and chopped fresh fruit very very nice staff Tina very friendly at breakfast desk clerk Yomy also friendly and helpful
Other trip Dec 28, 2014
"Lousy hospitality in a disgusting neighborhood"
First, let me say if you'd like to visit with people visiting their parole officers, you'll meet plenty in the parking lot of this hotel, which is right next door to a corrections department facilty. But that's not my real beef with this place. I made a date error making my two-night reservation, which did indeed state that I would be charged full price for a "no-show." When I showed up from the airport, albeit a day late, I asked if they could allow me to simply begin my two night stay on that night, since the hotel was to be nearly empty for the whole week anyway. The manager, Mr. Patel, refused, although did say I may do so for full list price minus 15%, which of course was far more than the price I had already been charged. It would have cost them nothing to just say "no problem" and let me stay for the nights for which I had already paid. Next time I think I'll see if the correctional facility guards will let me stay there. Probably friendlier.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We apologize you were not satisfied with the location of the hotel and the interactions with staff during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience as your comments are valued.
2 night family trip Dec 23, 2014
"Nice stay for a good price!"
The room was very nice for the price, it was very clean. The free breakfast was good and the staff was very nice. It is close to major roads with restaurants nearby. We would stay there again.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us Terry. We look forward to your next stay.
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2014
Terry
"Oberlin Parents Weekend"
Clean hotel, big rooms with comfy beds, the lobby is nice. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall good experience.
2 night family trip Nov 7, 2014
Jacqueline
"Wonderful staff"
Came to see some family
1 night family trip Nov 1, 2014
angel
"Wonderful time"
We loved the staff of Country Inn and Suites. They made the visit especially enjoyable. They were extraordinarily kind and directed us to a fabulous eatery called Rubins. The drawback is that it is not visible from I-80. Due to construction, it was hard to find the entrance. But the price and staff make it worthwhile.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Judi
very cleen with good service, located close to the interstate.
1 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"convient"
very friendly staff!! great breakfast. best deal i've had in awhile!
1 night trip Sep 20, 2014
kr
"Close to excellent dining."
Very impressed with the Hotel and their staff from the fresh baked cookies to the wonderful hot breakfast in the morning. My room was very clean as well as the rest of the hotel.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
"Nice hotel, would recommend."
Great staff at this hotel. Very friendly and responsive to guests. Hot breakfast was great!!
Other trip Sep 15, 2014
"Comfortable rooms and a really good B'fast!!!"
Unfortunately we arrived pretty late in the evening, so could not make use of all that the Hotel has to offer. Our room was really clean and the beds were very comfortable, and we are very picky since we have a select number bed at home. Breakfast was amazing, Hot and cold selections were incredible, you would easily pay well over $10 for the amount of food they had there.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
Staff is terrific - thoughtful, friendly, efficient, helpful!
2 night trip Aug 25, 2014
"Great & Comfortable Hotel"
The room was clean and the bed looked freshly made. Was pleasantly saprised that it was so well kept. The hotel is well located about 5 - 10 min from restraints and stores. The staff were incredibly helpful.
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
Brad
"Staff"
The staff at the front desk was very helpful. Now this survey is telling me to add more to my review.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
"Great location; Even better staff!"
Amazing staff, Aida did an awesome job for us (Room 318.) Thank you for a memorable stay!
3 night family trip Aug 4, 2014
"Great breakfast, and great room"
Everything was wonderful about this hotel - from the helpful, friendly front-desk staff, to the comfortable beds, to the really excellent breakfast. We had real scrambled eggs (not the "hockey puck" ones at other hotels) and potatoes, plus many other breakfast choices.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
Rebecca D.
Room was comfortable, desk clerk friendly and the lady in the breakfast room was so sweet and helpful. Doing construction on the road the hotel was on. Not very appealing view!
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Kandimc
This was my second stay here. I was here in March. I also recommended it to my brother from Florida who stayed for 3 days.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Betty
"Nice for a 1 Night Stay"
Staff was friendly, breakfast was acceptable, beds and showers were better than typical hotel. Kids enjoyed the pool although it was a little small.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Denise
"Enjoyable Stay"
Clean comfortable room, nice full breakfast, friemdly staff - always a good visit! Got a second room for another family member.
3 night family trip Jul 10, 2014
Joanne
"Nice hotel and quiet area"
The staff was very friendly. We never passed a staff member without them speaking to us. The hotel was very clean Great hot breakfast.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
This property does not disappoint. We stay here every year when we visit my husband's family and we have come to expect a warm greeting, clean facilities, and a good hot breakfast. Not the fanciest neighborhood but there are some convenient stores nearby. The staff here is great!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Joanne
A little difficult to navigate too. But that may have been due to personal incompetence or construction. Probably the former... The staff was friendly and professional. They were also very welcoming. Like we were their first gusts. The hotel itself was a little older and a bit dated. But you can tell that they were trying to work with what they had. The room itself was large and quite comfortable.
Other trip Jul 12, 2014
"Rested and Refreshed"
This was my third time staying at this hotel and I was not disappointed with any part of my stay. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room smelled fresh and was crisp and clean. The AC unit was quiet and proficient. The bed was comfortable and my night's sleep was restful and refreshing. The bathroom was clean and had fresh supplies of shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel. The breakfast was superb with fresh coffee, juice, fruit, yogurt, and even had scrambled eggs, sausage, home fries, and make your own waffles ...besides cereal! And the lady who "hosted" the breakfast area was friendly and helpful and made it the atmosphere one of wanting to linger over my coffee before heading out. Can't wait to return in seven weeks to enjoy this all over again!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Vonn
"I Would Stay Again"
Everything was nice and clean. Breakfast was pretty good and the staff were excellent!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
susan
It's not a luxury hotel but it was clean and neat and well maintained. The people behind the front desk and maintaining the breakfast area were friendly and helpful.
1 night trip Jun 17, 2014
Willie
"Close to LCCC"
All was well until the dance parents let their little darlings take over the common areas. Too much screaming in the pool area to hear- too many gyrations on deck areas. We business travelers needed to wind down not be entertained.
1 night business trip May 17, 2014
"Excellent customer service"
This hotel has an excellent management team. When our non smoking reservation was turned into a smoking room at another hotel at 1 am, we had to find somewhere else and quickly. The late night front desk staff got us into a suite quickly-an upgrade to make up for the late night and travel issues we had with other chains! We were so pleased with the service that we extended our stay by another day. Breakfast is a notch above these other places and fresh cookies, fruit, coffee and tea always available.. We will always stay here when in the Cleveland area now.
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
Rita
"Great Place"
Clean-Quiet -Very Nice
1 night trip May 19, 2014
Ed Manthey
"good"
everything was good but some staff was not friendly. They didn't smile.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Tae
"Friendly staff"
We stay here every time we are in town visiting family. We like the hotel because of the suites and so the kids can have their own "room". I want to complement the staff during our last visit 5/10-5/11. Every interaction was extremely pleasant. Everyone was courteous, friendly, and incredibly enjoyable. Thanks for the great visit!
1 night business trip May 10, 2014
Angela
"Did the job"
We were picking my daughter up from school with all her stuff, then dropping her at CLE. This hotel was convenient, though in an ugly neighborhood. The staff was uniformly very nice and helpful; fitness center was basic but well maintined; and the room was clean and comfortable. We all got a good night''s sleep. I'd stay again.
1 night trip May 9, 2014
"Nice Night"
Hotel was very clean .Staff friendly. Good breakfast. Nice pool and Hot tub. There was no shampoo in the room but that was minor, Ohh ya Good Coffee in the Lobby
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Always a pleasant stay"
I'm from Ohio but live in North Carolina. I always stay at Country Inn and Suites when I am in town. The rooms are always clean, the front desk staff is always polite and courteous. I enjoy the breakfast and cookies that are available. I have never had any issues while staying here. Great service.
3 night trip Mar 31, 2014
Dezi
"Nice and clean"
Love the hot tub and pool. Staff was very friendly!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our amenities and the convenient location of our mall. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Michele
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"close to mall and dining"
great service - reception and dining
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hot Be Our Guest Breakfast Buffet and our convenient shopping. We look forward to your next stay. Sincerely, Michele
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
"close to family"
Very clean, Staff very friendly.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Good afternoon Ms. Pelletier, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are pleased to see that your stay was enjoyable and we look forward to assisting you with future travel needs. Sincerely, Michele
4 night trip Mar 15, 2014
Betty Pelletier
"Nice hotel friendly staff delicious breakfast"
We stayed March 14, 2014 overnight. The staff greeted us promptly and were efficient and friendly. The lobby was very pleasant and everything was explained to us very well. We found the room to be very nicely set up with no maintenance issues. It looked and smelled clean inside the room as well as in the lobby and hallways. I am very sensitive to smells but found nothing to mention. We did not use the pool but it looked nice too. The only thing I will mention is that we did hear conversations through the door...not sure if people were talking in the hallways for lengthy periods of time or perhaps it was from one of the neighboring rooms. The breakfast had a lovely attendant who was very friendly. Coffee with many options, 4-5 juice options, fresh fruit, oatmeal with multiple topping choices, bacon, eggs, 4 types of cereal, yogurt with topping choices, Belgium waffles with toppings...I really don't know why anyone would complain as I have read in some of the other entries. It was a nicely appointed hotel! There is also a large mall nearby with restaurants, drug stores, movie theater etc. We were visiting Oberlin College which was only 20 minutes away.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
KV
"Ramjam mx wkend"
Everything was great, but the hot tub and way to much clorine, burned our eyes.
1 night family trip Mar 1, 2014
Steve Persing
"Poor room set up"
Great stay. The staff was great and helped with a couple of my problems. I have stayed here before and the room set up is HORRIBLE. The desk is near the bed as you come in the door. If there is more than one person in the room you have to move from the desk when the other person moves. What makes it puzzling is there is a perfect place for the desk on the far side of the bed, against the back wall, which is now unused space, and would be out of the traffic pattern. When I asked I was told that room layout came from corporate, and could not be changed, or they failed inspection. I stay 150 nights a year in hotel rooms, and I can't believe this was designed by someone who owns hotels! In addition, my wife likes to have a light on in the bathroom. In these rooms the bathroom light, and exhaust fan are on the same switch ( money saving I assume). The problem is the fan sounds like the Wnd Tunnel at the nearby John Gleen NASA Research Center. No one could sleep with that fan running. I went to the dollar store, and bought plug in night lights. NIce people, Terrible room setup!!!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
We apologize you were not satisfied with the layout of your guestroom during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Elyria Country Inn & Suites we appreciate your business and look forward to the opportunity to exceed your expectations when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Michele
4 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
Bob Tallon
"For the area, you can't beat it"
Nice, clean hotel and friendly staff. Nothing wrong here. The rooms are nice and big and the hotel seemed new.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
SG
"Very nice. Warm welcome. Comfortable room."
The front desk person was very nice and gave us the information we needed for dinner and directions to where we had to be. Breakfast was good. A variety of stuff was offered and thank god they have real silverware and plates. Not the plastic and styrofoam crap they throw in the trash.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
On behalf of our entire staff here at Country Inn & Suites Elyria, OH we would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your travel needs. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I am pleased to read you enjoyed our "Be Our Guest" breakfast buffet and that our staff provided you with good service. Please visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Michele
Other trip Feb 14, 2014
We were traveling from New York to Minnesota and staying in Elyria. I previously stayed before in April 2013 and was completely satisfied which made me come back this time. We had several car problems and the employees were more than helpful and I could never thank them enough for all they did! We will deffinantly be back!
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
On behalf of our entire staff here at the Country Inn & Suites Elyria, OH we would like to thank you for your business and appreciate your loyalty. It was our pleasure to assist you with your needs, and I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to our team. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, Michele
1 night trip Jan 28, 2014
Nice place to stay
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to assisting you again when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Michele
1 night business trip Jan 16, 2014
Stan
"Not enough room for the price"
They have smoking rooms, so stayed there on this trip. Other than that, not impressed. Rooms are dated and have very few amenities when compared with most other suites we have stayed in. No refridgerator, microwave, etc. No ice machine on the 3rd floor, had to go to another floor for anything we needed.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. All of our rooms are equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave, and in most rooms they are located behind the dresser doors on the left and right side beneath the television. On behalf of all of our staff here at the Elyria, OH Country Inn & Suites we apologize for the miscommunication in regards to the amenities we have to offer. We look forward for another opportunity to exceed your expectations when your travels bring you back to the area. Sincerely, Michele
3 night trip Jan 3, 2014
Jeremy
somone in the next room was smoking and I could smell it in my room even though my room and the room next to me was non-smoking.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns about your recent stay with us. I do understand your frustration when expecting to step into a non-smoking room and being overwhelmed by the smell of smoke. We try to maintain the odor from the other smoking rooms by using a de-smoking machine and spraying special fragrances, unfortunately despite our best efforts the smell still sometimes tends to travel through to the neighboring non-smoking rooms and hallways. I am pleased to say our plan for the New Year is to convert all of our smoking rooms to non-smoking rooms to become a smoke free hotel. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to assisting you with future travel needs. Sincerely, Michele
1 night trip Dec 27, 2013
Friendly staff, noisy neighborhood and heating system.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
On behalf of our entire staff at the Elyria, OH Country Inn & Suites we thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your concerns with us. Your feedback is appreciated and we will use it to help fine tune our operations. I have spoken to our maintenance staff to test all the heating units for any necessary repairs or replacements that might be causing them to run excessively loud. Please visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Regards, Michele
2 night family trip Dec 19, 2013
"Clean and comfortable"
This location was very clean and comfortable, with friendly staff. The hotel could use some updating but overall great stay with spotless rooms and lots of personal touches.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for taking the time to share such nice words about our hotel. We are pleased to see you had an enjoyable stay. Please visit us again when your travels bring you back to the area. All the best wishes for a Happy New Year to you and your family. Regards, Michele
1 night trip Dec 14, 2013
"Pretty average hotel."
This hotel was OK. I was there on business and it was a place to sleep. Their breakfast was just OK. Nothing fancy. Not much you can do about the neighborhood, but it was close to several restaurants, and quiet at night. All-in-all a decent place to sleep. Nice personnel.
Response by Country Inn & Suites By Carlson Elyria
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you with any future travel needs. Happy Holidays, Michele
1 night trip Dec 10, 2013