All hotels in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calle Zazil-Ha S/N, Zona 7, Islote El Yunque, Isla Mujeres, QROO, 77400, Mexico, ‏‎800-491-6126

"It's just okay."
Construction is still going on, although was too disturbing. Villas are in major need of upgrades. Key card stopped working on day 5 of a 10-day stay. Had to make 2 trips up to lobby to get it corrected. . . annoying. Too many kids for me.
Other trip Mar 23, 2015
"Great location. A work in progress."
We just returned from a 10 day stay at the Mia Reef Hotel. This was our first visit since it has changed owners. We have stayed at the hotel 3 other times when it was known as the Avalon Reef Hotel. We were not sure what to expect because of all the mixed reviews that we have read about but decided to go anyway. I am so glad that we did because the upgrades that they have completed so far are very nice. We stayed in the studios that have not been updated yet but they were still comfortable and for the amount of time that we spent in them they were fine. We were told that they will be redoing them as soon as the main hotel is finished. The staff were very friendly and it was nice to see some of them were still there from our previous visits. As of right now I would give the hotel 3 stars but once all the updates are done I'm sure it will be rated higher. If you have the option of not doing the all inclusive that is the best way to go because there are so many restaurants on the island that have lots of delicious food to try. This is definitely not our last visit.
Other trip Mar 21, 2015
Brown eyed girl
"the hotel was very beautiful"
Mia Reef is very beautiful, but still under construction so there were alot of workers & construction materials lying about the staff were very helpful but their English was sooo poor that they could barely understand what we were asking them!!! the rooms were lovely but still alot of things were missing....no shower curtains or hairdryer,no toilet paper holders , no drawers to put anythingin, & very little closet space....we had to keep most things in our suitcases, 7 when we had a shower, water was pouring out all over the floor!!!!!! The hotel has a "paradise-like" location....on a peninsula with the ocean surrounding it on 3 sides!!The grounds were beautifully landscapped, pool lovely, & food was spectacular....everyday a different menu....sooo delicious!!! Our overall experience was positive as we can see it will be gorgeous after all the renos are completed!!! Overall stay very enjoyable,
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
barb
"Decent hotel but not much of a beach"
My husband and I, along with 3 other couples, arrived at the Mia Reef on March 8, 2015. This was our 3rd time visiting, the 1st 2 visits were when it was still the Avalon Reef. I can see where they are trying to make improvements to the resort. We normally stay in the tower but this time we stayed in the villas, which they have not yet begun to remodel. 1. The restaurant is nice and clean but the food is palatable at best. On the weekends they seem to put more effort into it and it was much better. Not really much variety. They are working on another restaurant beside the pool but it is not yet open. 2. The bar area is much nicer and has a very nice swim up bar and the area outside the bar has been converted from tables and chairs to nice wicker furniture with cushions. Very nice place to chill out. 3. WiFi is only available in the bar and restaurant areas. 4. The Beach was very small and they have built a wall along the beach front to minimize erosion which makes water access very difficult. There are wooden reclining chairs on the beach but never enough cushions to go around. 5. The staff was very nice and helpful. 6. One problem I had was when I lost the key to my room safe. It cost $100 us to have someone come and drill the lock out. My purse was in the safe and they ended up drilling holes in it. They gave us a voucher to use but then wouldn't honor it when we tried to use it.
Other trip Mar 16, 2015
Cathy
"Best location in the caribbean"
Hotel is being updated and looks like it will be really nice. We stay in the villas. We go to Mia Reef for the location. Soft sandy beaches with calm water and ocean waves crashing on waves all on the same grounds. Best area I have ever been to for swimming, playing in the water. Excellent.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
If there is one place in the world to NEVER NEVER DO ALL INCLUSIVE it is Isla Mujeres. The hotel is being updated it is going to be a very nice property, hopefully they will make the AI optional.
Other trip Mar 8, 2015
ISLA S
"Location is everything"
I have stayed at this hotel 6 times. The new owners are doing a fantastic job on remodeling the hotel. I viewed one of the rooms while I was there in February 2014 and they look wonderful. I, however, stayed in the studio room. These rooms have not been remodeled in a very long time. They need work. I keep coming back to this hotel because of it's location. I love Isla Mujeres. My stay was relaxing. This was the first time I had an all inclusive stay. For the party I was with this was a good thing. The food was good. There is room for improvement. All in all I would come back again.
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
"Room not in great shape"
A dramatic location, the sea was rolling onto the rocks a few feet from our balcony. Staff friendly and professional. Room clean, but not in good repair. Stains on the ceilings, sink faucet falling out, shower faucet dripping, sliding door handle broken, furniture old and worn. Also the hotel going through renovations right now, so the gym and other amenities not avail, and construction noise all the time. Included food: breakfast ok, lunch and dinner we went elsewhere. The island and the village are great, the beach is great, but this hotel was not in great shape.
Other trip Mar 1, 2015
Dano
"Excellent location!"
This hotel's location can't be beat! It's gorgeous!! The hotel seems to be in a constant state of renovation so some of it looks a bit unfinished but our room was nice enough - very comfortable bed and excellent view of the ocean. The bathroom's shower didn't always work but it was OK. The food was not very good, but OK. The biggest negative (in my opinion) was the management and staff. The hotel is not very organized and the men working there seemed a bit "shady" in my opinion. One of the servers actually said "thanks for nothing" after our first breakfast because we didn't leave a tip. (I am NOT cheap, but I guess I mistakenly thought "all-inclusive" also meant gratuity. I actually starting tipping because I was afraid of further repercussions. (I guess his tactic worked!) Overall, I would recommend this hotel because of the location, but not much else.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
Katie
Nice hotel room with a great view of the ocean, and the staff was very nice and spoke decent English. It was under renovation while I was there, but it will be a very nice hotel/resort once it's done. I'm guessing this is why I didn't have hot water while I was there.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Bryan
"Hotel under construction - and only 1 restaurant."
The hotel is under construction - and we had hammering that started at 7am everyday - in the rooms right next to ours. There's only 1 place to eat on the premis. On Valentines day they held a special dinner at an additional cost of $55.00. This didn't make sense when we paid for "all inclusive". Evertime we ate a meal there we were presnted with a bill that we needed to sign, with a 0.00 amount due. Didn't make sense for an all inclusive. Beach front limited and all the chairs reserved early. Hotel staff spoke very little english so communicatiions was difficult. Mixed drinks were very weak and not very good.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Location, location, location!"
This resort sits on its own little island with gulf and breaking waves on one side and Caribbean calm on the other. The best snorkeling was right there. No need to go elsewhere and pay. That was disappointing and we did not receive what we were promised. Bring your own gear, though, as resort does not have any to use. Food for all inclusive was good, but would probably not do that again as the cafes downtown are fantastic and only a few blocks. It's a safe pleasant stroll to downtown. Rent a golf cart as it's a nice way to see the island. bargain for the cart, as you do for almost everything. Seems to be part of the culture. Bring plenty of reading material and games, as there is not much for entertainment. Also, even though we were all inclusive, we only received one bottle of water per day, per room, which seemed odd.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
snickers
"Nice but not fancy"
Great area to stay. One bad was house keeping or someone with a key to the room to $600 out of my purse. I should have locked it in the safe but a lock was never offered to us. I thought the safe was just broken. Never have had a problem before so I left cash in wallet inside suitcase. Bad idea
Other trip Feb 5, 2015
traci
"Great location, great staff"
Views were amazing each morning. Everything was done very well. They were remodeling one part but it wasn't a problem and the new rooms look fantastic.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Babs
"Second visit, first as Mia property"
My husband and I had a great time. Yes, there was construction refuse, and true, several things promised on the website were not available. However, the staff was friendly and accommodating, the pace was relaxed, and the views and comfort were the best we've experienced. It is so wonderful to hear the waves crashing right outside your balcony and feel the ocean breezes waft into your room as you fall asleep and wake in the morning. We felt stuck getting the all inclusive, but ended up enjoying the food, and feeling like it was a good bargain. The hotel was quiet, and we prefer that. When we wanted noise, we could walk right into town. We will definitely be coming back.
Other trip Feb 1, 2015
Rachel
"hotel/workers/food"
Hotel was nice even under the renovation. The workers were excellent. Very friendly and pleasant. The food was always delicious and plenty. Needed anything? Just ask.
Other trip Jan 30, 2015
"Best Island to See"
You will amazed by the location, top place on the island. Amazing beach, with so many tropical fish. Great outdoor lounge areas. Very smart hotel design, cozy right on the beach with one side of the island with crashing waves and the other side beautiful white sands. Great privacy and super short 5 minute walk across the bridge to the main island of Mujares. Love that the main mode of transportation around the island are golf carts, reasonably priced, arounf $50 for 24 hour rental. Rent one for the day and explore the island. Hotel Cabanas are dated, I know the main hotel is getting a renovation to be completed by March 2015. Staff is excellent. I visited many areas is the Caribbean and Europe and this island is in my top 2 in the Caribbean, right along with Antigua. I do not like to come back to the same place, as there is so much of the world to see, but absolutely making a trip back here with the family.
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
Maryana
"Great Vacation Place"
Mia Reef was an amazing place for a vacation. Had a private beach along with private ones near by. Was in walking distance of all the restaurants and rental places. The food was amazing! Fresh fish and shrimp everyday along with different kinds of steak. However, the website said snorkeling and kayaking equipment were included with the all inclusive but it wasn't. Overall great place.
Other trip Jan 9, 2015
"Wait a year or two!"
We waited an hour and a half to get a room. Once we got it, it the whole floor smelled like paint from remodeling. Only 1 restaurant and 1 bar. Only wifi was in bar/lounge area! The staff was nice but not helpful in scheduling or finding things to do close by. The place is newly all inclusive and will need to up its inclusive options. I'm hoping it will be better when remodeling is complete, but at this time I would not recommend staying here at all!
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
"Nice without wifi"
WIFI is available only in the restaurant and near the front. we can't use it in the room...
2 night family trip Dec 30, 2014
"The Villa Rooms were okay"
Villa Rooms were ok... Bed's were small and pillows were hard. No hot shower the first day and had to complain. The new rooms were still under construction and should have NEVER of been booked to a customer! No lights outside, NO room numbers, NO PHONE,half of the time the elevators did not work, construction going on at all hours of the night, no shower curtain, no privacy for the bathroom, no dresser or closet for your clothes. Again, the hotel should of NEVER OF PUT PEOPLE THERE! We complain but got no where!! No frig in the room, no water given either. The villa's had a frig but NOT STOCKED! Only got one small bottle of water a day. Only 2 towels a day. Dresser in Villa was old and stunk and couldn't use it.. Only one restaurant and one bar. The beer sucked! Tap beer and charged for bottle beer. However the food was great! Every day the food was good and restaurant was clean. The restaurant staff was great, beach staff not so much.
Other trip Dec 31, 2014
Pink
"Excellent location, old buildings."
Literally an Isla on an Island. The rooms are dated but who goes to the Carribean to sit in their room? Food was not as terrible as others have posted. Beach is so good you will see the Snorkeling boats from the port come to this resort to drop people off. If they only knew to buy $40 worth of equipment and walk to the public beach those poor guys would be out of business. When you first see the property it can be disappointing, I thought my wife was going to choke me for booking it. You may want to give it a second chance after you check out the beach on the calm side and the waves on the rough side.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Warning! Hotel under construction"
Due to the fact that the hotel is under construction and due to a very low customer service we had a very bad experience staying there. We purchase a package that was included all inclusive deal the hotel didn't have nothing to offer. They had only one resturante to serve food on a praticular hours, was not 24/7 service as promised, as a vegetarians we didn't have option of different type of food and while laying on the beach they had construction tools noises at all time.. Even till 11pm... Dust was everywhere even above sitting areas. Room was not clean properly n coffee at the room was not available, even when we call to ask for it they wouldn't send it. No reception lobby and their was not possible to use swimming pool cause of dust n birds remedies...
Other trip Dec 23, 2014
mamanama L.V
"Mia Reef - No Hot Water"
This was our third visit to the property. Great location but each time the physical condition of the hotel has worsened. This visit, due to massive remodeling, there was NO hot water during the 5 days we stayed there. The water was tepid at best, and the staff refused to refund any of our rent paid. The food was very good and the restaurant staff quite nice. It has become an all-inclusive property, which restricts your choices of particular alcohols - Corona beer and american whiskeys will cost you american prices regardless.
5 night romance trip Nov 26, 2014
"Call ahead!!!"
We arrived for a late honeymoon. Upon Arrival the major part of the resort was under renovation. Constant construction noise the entire time. You cannot relax on the beach at all because all you will here is saws, hammering etc. There were supposed to be 3 all inclusive restaurants on site. There was only one with limited food. The rooms had mold on the tiles. And for our entire 9 day stay we only had hot water on one day and it was the day we left. The views surrounding the premises was stunning! They will be continuing construction for the next 6 months. I strongly suggest rebooking your reservations until the renovations are over.
9 night romance trip Nov 8, 2014
Tabatha
"Pics are misleading."
Will not go back.Hotel under construction.Not very friendy.Room service and cleaning was poor.
Other trip Dec 4, 2014
Daniel Stephens
"AWFUL!"
No water at all 2 different times for approx 45 min -1hr. However my toilet continued to leak the entire 5 nights = disgusting wet bathroom floor!! When there was water it was a trickle with no hot water at all ! Lizard was in one of my fellow travel companions bathroom . Door to what they consider a balcony had to b fixed by my husband by putting paper to keep the rattling down from the wind bc door was faulty. Front door had cracks n wood u could c light thru. Service is horrible. All inclusive is not so. Particular times u can not find or order food. Rude staff. Drinks very bad!!! Great island bad hotel !
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
J
"Trouble in Paradise"
We stayed at the Mia Reef Resort in Isla Mujeres from Oct. 15-October 22. The entire hotel is under renovation so we were housed in the Villas which are where the time share members usually stay. With all the construction going on the property was very noisy and this includes the pool area and the beach. There were no nightly activities. The guests just sat around in the bar area and watched Sports on TV. It was very disappointing. I had been there three times before when it was the Avalon Reef Club and it was fabulous. Only one restaurant on site, the buffet. Not much to select from.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Kansas City
"Excellent relaxing vacation!!!!!"
My husband and I had an amazing time. The staff are so friendly and they help out a lot. The food are pretty good. To us, it taste like home cook meal. The scenery was fantastic. Where else can you such beauty? The only thing we kind of did not like was our room had no phone and we had a leaky room when it rained at night. We did not complain cause we appreciated our stay, the view, the friendliness of staff and yummy food. We plan to go back soon:)
Other trip Oct 30, 2014
Jacobs Family
"Very quaint and romantic"
Not a place for someone wanting American foods or technology. Why be on vacation if you need that??Very authentic food and comfortable. Renovations will be amazing.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
rhonda
"Pics are deceiving...."
The hotel (main) is undergoing massive rebuild and renovations. We stayed in the old original portion, it is right on the beach / coast, its is beautiful to be there, but we hope that once the main hotel is completed with the rebuild / renovation the owners will do the same to this part of the hotel. The serving staff were great, full of life and just awsum. The management has a lot to be desired, but if you look past all of this and just take the setting and the "relax / go-with-the-flow"attitude you will have a great time. The phrase that works here must be "island time, where even the tide arrives late". We are NOT slagging it in any way, but just be aware that for the price, all inclusive, and exclusive (no walk in trade), it is magical. We would love to return, but know that the price will double. Awsum, try it, you will like it.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"An ok hotel"
Been staying there for 6 years. The all inclusive is very sad. Breakfast was ok. Lunch, snacks, and dinner are the same menu with only about 12 choices. Hotel is under construction, looks like it will be much nicer when they are done. December??? I just hope when they are done they don't jack up the price because it's already almost not worth what you're paying for. Stayed there 9/18 to 9/27.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
dan1959
LOCATION FOR THE OCEAN IS AMAZING AND THE STAFF WAS EXTREMELY FRIENDLY, BUT THEY ARE UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO THERE IS LIMITED FACILITIES AND THE FOOD IS LESS THAN DESIRABLE - CAFETERIA TYPE FOOD ALTHOUGH RESTAURANT WAS BEAUTIFUL
2 night trip Sep 13, 2014
"Renovations"
This place is in such a perfect location. It's easy to overlook the renovations the hotel is going through when you see the amazing sunsets and gorgeous cristal clear ocean. aMAZing !!!
6 night trip with friends Aug 5, 2014
Hector
"Best location and staff on the Island."
I stayed in Rm #1027 on the first of two floors. The grounds and pool were awesome. Then when I got to my room the back door opened to the best view I have ever seen. Google this hotels location and google earth and you will see what I'm talking about. 5 star location!!! It faced north toward the Whale Shark area and coral reef. Private snorkeling and diving 50 feet from my door. I rented a bike or scooter and tour the island, and could not wait to get back to my hotel. I paid $125 to do the Whale Shark tour with a crew in town and we came back my hotel to snorkel as part of the trip. Highly recommend this location and I will be going back for Spring Break 2015!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Summer
"FALSE ADVERTISEMENT......Stay AWAY!!!"
The pictures online are not what the hotel actually looks like so beware! When we went there was constant construction our whole 14 day stay. We were NOT notified of this. I don't mean a little construction here and there. I mean, they were completely GUTTING and tearing down half of the main hotel. There about 50 construction workers on the resort at all times. The sound of jack-hammering on the beach and hammering from your room = miserable!!! Work trucks coming in and out several times a day. The manager is RUDE. When we asked for our money back she said the construction wasn't on our villas so it wasn't bothering us. Our honeymoon was ruined and you can't re-do a honeymoon. Trust me, you do not want to stay at this place. No DVD players, no entertainment what-so-ever. GIANT boards inside the pool (ugly and disgusting)!! Constant sea-weed on the beach. Pool table is missing half of its balls. All the staff make you feel very uncomfortable as if they wish you weren't there. Save your money, go somewhere else.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
We were offered a free upgrade due to hotel repairs. Our room was comfortable, and we had an awesome view. Staff was helpful. Three star experience for us.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
"Best beach and location"
The location in the island is great. It is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. There are virgin areas behind the hotel. Very secluded and breathtaking. The hotel is okay I guess. The service and all inclussive services are not as impressive as others' but overall you'll enjoy it and will have a great time here.
Other trip May 31, 2014
"Worth it for the beaches & amazing views!"
If you are looking for a high-end resort with modern amenities, this might not be the best place for you. However, if you are willing to overlook the outdated appearance of the rooms, you will realize that this hotel has the most amazing views and one of the best beaches in the world (Playa Norte). It is being renovated, so it might be a bit of a nuisance, but the amazing beaches and views are well worth it. It has recently become an all-inclusive resort and it offers good food and good drinks. Overall, it is an incredible place to stay.
Other trip May 26, 2014
Dawn
"Great Location, good service, and wonderful Beach"
This is our 4th time staying at the Reef on Isla. The villa's are great and private. Rooms are comfortable and kept clean. The views from the Villas are beautiful. We will go back.
Other trip May 24, 2014
"'Great for Family vocation and romantic stop'"
My husband and I stayed 3 nights at Mia Reef , I was worried because I had read many bad comments about the rooms in the tower . My first impression was good, the rooms were clean and an unbelievable view from the window , the air conditioning made ​​the room nice and cooler . Yes , as I read in other comments there is constructions going on, but nothing that hinders your day on the paradisiacal beach where the hotel is located, right beside the north beach . If you have children this is the right place to stay , it has an natural pool where you can swim with the fishes , unbelievable magical experience . The beach is really calm and the water is so clear. If you go to Isla Mujeres don't forget to rent a golf cart ( 650 pesos or 55 dolars per day and you pay at the hotel ) where you cross the entire island. The staff at the hotel were friendly , some of them wasn't , but also the guy who does the entertainment ( Armando ) was a nice guy too. The hotel need to provide more womans working at the restaurant area. The all inclusive was a delight and good choices on the menu. I would stay at this hotel again, but if you like partying and busier place don't stay there. But as I enjoy quiet places Mia Reef was perfect, next time I would stay at the village, it looks better . For the price you pay, I was happy with my stay.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2014
Juliana F.
"Completely disappointed ... Disaster !"
This was the worse all inclusive experience I've ever had. We paid hundreds of dollars extra for the all inclusive package and couldn't eat the food once during our 5 night stay. There aren't any restaurants since the whole compound is under construction; all day, all night. There was a 4 tray set up in the bar area with food we couldn't even recognize . We were provided with ONE bottle of water in our room for the whole stay and were told bottled water was not included in the all inclusive package; again which we paid hundreds of dollars extra for. Not to mention absolutely no beer or soft drinks stocked in the room. In fact no bottles or cans at the bar unless you pay extra, only watered down beer on tap. You are giving a key for the safe in your room which you are responsible for keeping on you at all times ; if you loose it you must pay $100 for. This did indeed happen to my friend while playing on the beach, which is what you do on vacation. The beach area was small and we had to practically beg every day to have an umbrella set up. The water however is gorgeous crystal blue, which is the only good thing about the property. But again the downside is the report sells day passes to people not staying in the resort, and they come by the boat loads all day ; so it's practically packed with people not staying at the hotel. The family staying in the rooms next to mine were robbed; iPads and phones were stollen from their room. Complete rip off.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
Cam
"Close to beach, under constant construction"
Nice hotel location, but there is on going construction which is loud and distracting. Had to have the room switched because they out us directly above the construction area and they were banging constantly from 7am-10pm. Staff have us a hard time about moving the room, but finally moved us about 40 hours after our arrival. Construction workers moving materials across the beach basically the entire time of our stay and I'm sure they are still doing this. Read a review saying the same thing from January and thought it would be done with... Totally wrong and it didn't seem like they even close to finishing! Also, many sea urchants , be very careful if sing anywhere aside from the small private beach, especially in the "kings bath" area. Food was decent, bar was very limited. View, aside from construction areas, was great. Get a higher story room of possible.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
"Wonderful beach location! Amazing!"
The hotel itself was not amazing, they are going thru many renovations (I hope!). They are pretty bare bones, but the beach is AMAZING!!! I would go back just for that reason! The hotel isn't what you are going for! At times, the food seemed a bit mundane, and some days they'd run out of items (once they're gone, they're gone!). Luci at the omelet bar is a professional!! :) Overall, we'd return - but not because of the hotel - but because of the amazing beach right outside your door! Views are to die for, and the water is amazingly blue and one of the best beaches ever!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Carrie
"Nice views/warm waters"
some of the staff was good and some not so good. Carlos was great, always smiling and wanting my family to have a great stay. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. I normally don't fill these things out, but service is everything. I want you to correct this because I will be back.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
"Decent hotel. Unfriendly staff"
Did the all-inclusive plan. Food was ok. Not a big variety. Drinks were good. Room was small but clean. Beach was gorgeous. Not a lot of activities offered. No shows. Entertainment staff not very entertaining. Staff was helpful but unfriendly and not outgoing.
Other trip Apr 2, 2014
cheryl
"Disappointing"
We originally stayed at this very hotel 9 years ago and enjoyed ourselves. The private beach (although really small area size) is a fantastic view. The hotel bed was as hard as plywood. Needless to say, we didn't sleep very well. The room was a nice size but not very clean. There was rust in the bathroom around the sink, toilet & tub and ants around the bathroom sink. The service was also not that great. The customer service was really lacking. I almost felt bad every time I had to ask for something (and I had the all-inclusive package)! It should have been self service! There is only one bar combined restaurant on the resort and the same menu for lunch and dinner. If you don't want any food that is authentic cuisine, then this is your place. Can you believe that the nachos had that ball park processed cheese?!?!? I make better at home! If you like the private beach then this place would suffice but don't get the all-inclusive. The restaurants on the island are so much better!
Other trip Mar 24, 2014
"Surrounded by beach and construction"
It's kind of hard to complain when your every view is of crystal-clear water 360° around the hotel, but the continuous early morning construction and lack of the all-inclusive resort feeling was disappointing.
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
"Location and quiet."
We love the location and the villas suit our needs. We were pleased to find that updates were taking place. Hope the villas are next. It has always been a very quiet place without a lot to do. It's what we want. This time they had added music on the beach which we didn't like at all. The expanded activities were great though - kayaks, bikes, bingo, water aerobics, pinatas for the kids, karaoke. The never used to allow drunk spring-breakers but this time there was group of teenage boys "chaperoned" by one father. They were terrible! I was very disappointed the hotel allowed them to stay. They did calm down some after complaints to the management by several guests.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
Robyn
"Best location on Isla"
We were there for a week during remodeling of the pool area. The staff tried hard but the constant rap, rap rap of the hammers was maddening. It would have need nice to know the pool would be closed and the noise would be loud. We would have come another time.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014