All hotels in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
1227 Race St, Philadelphia, PA, 19107, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1590

"good for short stays"
affordable and clean enough for a short stay in Philly.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Laura, Thank you for finding our hotel affordable. We are glad to know that we have succeeded in providing you comfortable accommodation. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you again soon.
"Don't Bring a Car"
The hotel has no-dedicated parking. We arrived to check-in and were told we could temporarily park the car at front door to carry our bags in and up to our room. We were given a 3d floor room and the elevator was out of order. I had to carry the bags myself. By the time we got back to the car (about 15 minutes later) it had been ticketed by municipal parking police. The hotel had done nothing to prevent this and seemed helpless to have the ticket voided except to advise me to walk many blocks to the municipal building to have the ticket canceled. This proved futile. I was unable to talk to the hotel manager that day as she was "unavailable." The next day the manager offered to help. We went together to the municipal building where she accepted responsibility for the ticket and volunteered to attend a court appearance which would be held months later. She promised to advise me of the outcome after this appearance. She hasn't.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Richard, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay, I will accelerate your concern about the parking ticket and request our manager to send communication on the update in court. I am certain she has just overlooked contacting you on the matter. Thank you for your business, Your feedback will be used as reference so we can serve you and other guests better on your next visit. We hope to serve you again soon.
It was very good! The location was great from where I needed to go.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello, I am glad that we have met your preference on the quality of service you received and that you find our location easily accessible to places you wanted to visit. Knowing your were satisfied with the accommodation you received from our team is an accomplishment for us. Thank you for your business, we hope to see you again soon.
Other trip Nov 17, 2014
""Terrible location--Noisy hotel--very mediocre""
Not good. Not good. We couldn't sleep because of the noise outside. We didn't like the location or the room or the seedy outside front of this hotel. We would never stay there again.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello, I regret that we did not meet the quality of accommodation you prefered and our location is not pleasing to you. I can assure you that we can improve our services and provide you better experience should you accord us another chance to serve you again. Thank you for your business.
Other trip Nov 4, 2014
"Happy and satisfied"
The hotel was awesome, sweet room with safe box and tv included, the room and the bathroom was clean, its near the history district and you can find many shops and bars, also restaurants. The only negative point is, that the hotel didn't have a seperatly parking area and the only one which is nearby the hotels costs 64$ for two nights.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Marzella, I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you approved of the quality of clean and convenience we provided you. It is great to know that we have met your preference. Your feedback is very important to us as it help us monitor your level of satisfaction on the accommodation you received from us. We will do our best to make your next stay another pleasant experience.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
Marzella
"Great staff, close to the markets"
Location was very close to the markets, so we were really happy over all. The staff at reception were very welcoming. They gave us a courtesy call shortly after check in to make sure we were comfortably settled in to our room. They were also more than obliging to call a taxi for us and help with walking directions too.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Rachel, Thank you for your compliment on our staff’s efficiency and for your time in sharing your thoughts about your stay with us. It is wonderful to know that we have meet your satisfaction. We will continue to work closely and provide you the best value services you deserve for giving us your business.
1 night romance trip Oct 22, 2014
Rachel
"Overnight stay"
Stayed on a Wednesday night. The room was fine--nice linens/pillows on the bed. The bathroom seemed like it had been updated, though the hotel in general seemed older. The ceiling in the room was high but had a bad paint job, and the wallpaper was peeling a bit. The continental breakfast was pretty minimal--not as appealing as I would have preferred. Overall, a fine place to spend the night, but nothing special.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Erin, Thank you for your time in sharing your thoughts about your stay in our hotel. We appreciate your candid comment on the aspects in our hotel that needs attention. Your feedback will be forwarded to our management for future reference as we continue to strive to be able to provide above par quality of accommodation at best value. We look forward to another opportunity to serve you again soon.
1 night romance trip Oct 15, 2014
Erin
"Clean, nice room for one night stay"
My friends and I stayed here for one night for the convention of esthetics. It was perfect, very clean, updated and comfy! Also, right across the street from convention center and only a short walking distance of popular area!
1 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
"DON'T STAY HERE"
The desk clerk was unbelievably unprofessional and rude (and could not provide even the most basic information about parking). When I expressed frustration she shouted at me. I would NEVER EVER stay here again
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello, I am so sorry that you were uncomfortable with the quality of service you received from our staff. I will accelerate your feedback for evaluation and trust that this will be addressed accordingly. Our guests’ satisfaction is extremely important to us. Thank you for your business, we hope to have another chance to serve you better.
1 night family trip Oct 12, 2014
"very convenient, could be more clean ..."
Workers are very polite!
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Maria, We appreciate your candid comment about your visit in our hotel. Your feedback is important to us and will be accelerated for evaluation. We will do our best to meet your complete satisfaction on the quality of clean the next time you visit us.
2 night business trip Oct 5, 2014
Maria
"Pleasant experience"
It was a pleasant experience overall. The room was very clean and the staffs were very friendly. The breakfast that they served was good enough. I stayed at the wheelchair accessible room (I did not know when I booked online) located on the first floor and it was quite loud in the room. I am assuming that they have a huge boiler or some machinery behind the walls of the room. Other than the continuous machinery sounds, I had a good experience at this hotel.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
Sue
"Decent"
Some of the front desk staff could use with a little professionalism training, but one woman in particular was very helpful, courteous, professional, and pleasant. Her name was Erica. The rooms are clean with comfortable beds, but only a few have windows that open to the outside. The others have only one window that opend to the interior corridor, which isn't good. Recommend the ones with outside-facing windows. There's no view, but at least you can get fresh air, and you hear cars instead of other hotel guests talking in the hallway.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Hello Philly, We appreciate your candid thoughts about your stay with us. Trust that your feedback will be submitted to our management for evaluation as well as your comment and observation on the behavior of our front desk staff will be called to the attention of our team to remind us of our orientation that is to provide a welcoming ambiance to all of our guests. Nevertheless, I am glad that overall, you find our hotel a decent place to stay.
2 night business trip Sep 29, 2014
Philly visitor
It's not the Ritz BUT you're not paying for the Ritz. The room was large and clean as was the bathroom. Everything worked fine. The hotel staff was professional and courteous. The hotel is in a great location with plenty of parking nearby. There is a convenience store next door. I would definitely stay here again. It's a good value for the money.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
jrh3650
"Nice Hotel in the City Of Philadelphia"
I am a country girl that had been called over 100 miles away for Federal jury duty. Coming to this Hotel was a scary adventure to me~being a women, all alone. I was pleasantly surprised to find that inside was courteous and reassuring staff. The rooms were extremely comfotable and clean with very reasonable rates. If I had to come back...this is where I'd stay.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
Tracy
Receptionist at night was very arrogant to the point of rude.
1 night business trip Sep 4, 2014
Reeves
"Nice hotel close to convention center"
This hotel was near the city center and Chinatown. Everything was within waking distance. I would stay here again.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Vinny
"Close to Made in America Festival"
Picked this place b/c it was the cheapest in rates and within walking distance to the Made in America music festival. Staff was friendly and the room was clean and served its purpose for the one night. But I must say, most uncomfortable bed ever. Also, no onsite parking.
1 night trip Aug 30, 2014
"Days Inn Philadelphia"
When I went to Expedia to book a hotel for my trip to Philadelphia, I found a Days Inn that appeared to be clean, safe, and relatively new. However, once I arrived in Philadelphia, all I found was an old hotel on a busy street, next to a Homeless Shelter. Needless to say, the actual hotel was nothing like what was represented in the picture on Expedia's site. On another note, once I parked the car, I was surprised to find that there was no parking on site, and the closest parking area was very pricey.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
"Affordable and convenient to tourist sights"
Room was clean and staff was friendly.
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Ane
"poor maintenance"
Great location walking distance from my destination, but no windows save one looking out into the hallway. Also my bathroom ceiling leaked when the room above showered.
1 night business trip Aug 14, 2014
"Don't stay here!"
Stayed here for two nights.Room was very small.The carpet in the room was all stained,old and torn,hallways are very dreary looking.The bulb in the bathroom went out.We called the front desk to have them come and replace the bulb-no one ever came.We had to take the bulb out of one of the lights,so we could see in the bathroom at night.Room is very old and worn looking.No parking!
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
wayne
Advantages are friendly staff and central location. Amenities are barebones minimum.
2 night trip Aug 6, 2014
Vincent
"So, so"
The rooms had stains in the chairs and the carpet. The lobby wasn't the best. The bathroom was too small. Breakfast was ok.
4 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
CO
"Business trip to Philly"
The room was clean and the hotel was quiet, which is always helpful. Being right across from the meeting location was really convienent!!!
1 night business trip Jul 19, 2014
JIm
"Great location. Very clean. Nice staff."
Great location and very clean the staff was very nice.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm glad to know that our great location, clean hotel and friendly staff met your needs. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the future.
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
"very bad location"
okay,overpriced
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Ron, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm glad that our hotel was okay for you however, I do apologize that you feel our hotel is overpriced and in a bad location. Please know that the safety of our guests is paramount and that our hotel is located in a very safe location in center city Philadelphia. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again in the future!
6 night trip Jul 20, 2014
ron zientara
"I would wish this stay, on my enemy"
Well my stay at the Days Inn was not good at all. The Hotel was right in the middle of a block. There was no where to park your car in order to check in. I had to park a block up in a parking lot, pay 28.00 and walk a half a block back. Only to find out that the hotel doesn't validate parking and I had to pay that fee every night. There is a all men's homeless shelter directly next door to the hotel so at all hours, you have anywhere from two to a dozen homeless men hanging on the steps in front of the building. The door of the hotel is locked after a certain time, so if you don't have a key you can't get in. When I checked in , I asked for a refrigerator the clerk tells me that there are no refrigerators, the only rooms that have refrigerators are in the bussiness class suites. In order for me to switch I would have had to upgrade since I booked through Hotels.com. I had to tack on an extra 117.00 more for the upgrade. This hotel only had one elevator and it broke twice. Each morning they served a continental breakfast that was served down in the basement, where house keeping does the laundry. Now the elevator before it broke would take you down to the basement, but you had to walk to the first floor to catch the elevator back to your room. So the bottom line is for the money you are paying for this hotel, For a few dollars more YOU CAN GET A MUCH BETTER HOTEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear C.C. Powell, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback helps us to improve. I'm sorry that you were not happy with your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to our management team for review. Thank you for being our guest.
4 night trip Jul 10, 2014
C.C. Powell
"Front desk needs c/s training"
Room was fine, however we did not receive all the towels as supposed to. no bath mat, and hand towels on the second day. The first person that helped us at the desk was really good. Friendly and knew her stuff. We got in early (after 12 hrs of flying) and the rooms were not available till 3pm, which was fine, but she went home after her shift. Then the next shift was terrible. They looked at us like deer in headlights when we came back to ask if our rooms were ready. We were told, NOT TILL 3, NO SOONER. wow...so we sat and waited the 15 min till 3. Instead of helping us since we'd been waiting, they took other people that came after us cause they were standing while we were sitting. After helping the "others", we stood up but were told that we have to wait longer cause our room wasn't ready. no "sincere" apologies, just we have to wait. No smile, just a matter of fact look. The 2 at the front desk need training... Location was convenient, but had no idea we'd be next to a homeless shelter. People didn't bother us, but it did raise a note of caution.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Ckim, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback helps us to serve our guests better. I do apologize for the poor service you received at our Front Desk. I will be sure to pass your comments to our management team to prevent these occurrences from happening in the future. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!
3 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Wicked over-rated."
Hotel is in a ratchet part of town. May well be near the Convention Center, but is on the wrong side of the tracks. May be a fine establishment, but at the same price as the Sonesta and other nearby venues it was quite a disappointment.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Otis, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us. I do apologize thank you were not happy with your stay with us. Please know that our hotel is located in a very safe section of downtown Philadelphia. We are located across from a police district and work with other businesses in the area to maintain safety and communication. Thank you for being our guest.
1 night business trip Jul 4, 2014
"Convenient to convention center"
Stayed by myself for recent comiccon. Very small room (with outdoor window) with 1 nightstand and sink vanity next to bed. Flatscreen tv, desk and bureau. Corner stand-up shower (never had that before in a motel). FYI cold was hot and hot was cold- took me a min to figure out why it kept getting hotter and hotter! No iron/ironing board. I did not ask for one but would have used it had it been in there. Free breakfast was sufficient. Desk clerks were very friendly, helpful, and speedy. Elevator worked efficiently. Days Inn seems to be working hard to update this location and provide basic amenities. Is located next to some sort of homeless shelter, did not feel comfortable leaving the building at night by myself with all of the "lurkers" on the sidewalk. I would stay again next year if the price is right, but having a minifridge would seal the deal.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear A, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us. I'm glad to hear that our free continental breakfast, hotel location and Front Desk staff worked out so well for you. I'm sorry that you did not feel comfortable leaving the building at night. Please know that our hotel is in a safe section of downtown Philadelphia. We are constantly working to improve our hotel and hope to see you again next year!
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
A
"I've Had Worse"
We stayed at the Days Inn for two reasons...money and location. It was right next to the Convention Center and within walking distance to places we wanted to go. The staff was SUPER friendly and the rooms were clean. Keep in mind it is JUST the basics. The downsides for us was that the bed was way to firm and there was no fridge in the room. Some of the little things you don't think about until you don't have them. But overall for the price it was a good place to stay.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm pleased to know that our hotel met your needs during your visit to Philadelphia. I'll be sure to pass your comments to our management team for review. Thank you for being our guest!
5 night trip Jun 21, 2014
"Hotel was close to the historic sites."
We were able to walk to all of the historic sites we wanted to see in Philly including the Liberty Bell, the US Mint, Reading Terminal Market, Penn's Landing, the Philly Museum of History, the Franklin Institute and Love Park.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Your feedback helps us to improve and helps our future guests make their hotel stay decision. I'm so glad that our location is so close to all of Philadelphia's historic sites you wanted to see. Thank you for being our guest and look to forward to seeing you again!
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the center, good price"
Stayed for 2 weeks, the staf was very welcoming, ouiet room, not enough storege place for so long time staying
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Sarit, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. You feedback is important to us. I'm happy to hear that you found our staff to be welcoming and you enjoyed your quiet room. Thank you for being our guest.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
Sarit
"Friendly staff"
Our first room was right off the lobby and the noise level was extreme. The staff was very friendly and helpful, finding us a new room the next day. As the hotel was at capacity for most of our stay, this was no small feat. The rooms are small but well kept, and the location is excellent for sightseeing and such. Would book again.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Carl, Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! Your feedback is very important to us. I'm glad to hear that our staff was able to find a new room for you, you enjoyed your room and our location. Thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing your again when you visit Philadelphia!
5 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
Carl
"Great location."
Easy to have them hold my bags before check-in. Long time to check in. Clerk was rude to others, not me. The room was clean. Skimpy on towels, but you could hear conversations and noise from everyone around you as well as hear when any water was turned on. The great location didn't make up for the noise.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us.I'm glad our location met your needs. However, I'm do apologize that you could hear noises from other rooms and rudeness from our staff. Your comments will be forwarded to our management team for review. Thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again when you visit Philadelphia.
Other trip Jun 18, 2014
"Great Value, Wonderful Staff"
Location was very central, with anything you need in walking distance. The staff was all super friendly, and always helpful. For the location, the price couldn't be any better. The beds were comfortable, and we slept great. And free breakfast!! The only negative was that the first room we stayed in didn't have any windows. But we just asked for a different room and they switched us once one became available. The staff was very friendly regarding this and I was very impressed by their professionalism. I would stay here again any time!
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear HugeE13, Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Your feedback is important to us! I'm am so happy to see that you were pleased with our location, free breakfast, affordable price and great staff! Thank you for being our guest and we hope to see you again when you visit Philadelphia!
3 night business trip Jun 12, 2014
HugeE13
"Decent location, that's about it..."
We arrived before check-in, and the lady at the counter said we could leave our bags...great! When we returned to check in after a long day (about 11 pm), it took the staff (not the same person at the front) about 20 minutes to locate our bags. After we finally got our stuff, we saw our room was literally right in front of the entrance, and had an internal facing window, so our entire room was in full view of everybody walking in and out of the hotel. We had to basically tape the blinds shut. Also, maybe it was the cleaning products, but I was up all night with awful allergies; I couldn't stop sneezing and could barely sleep. The final nuisance was that our room was right next to the elevator, so every 2-3 minutes, we heard the motors whirring.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant one. I will be sure to pass your comments along to our management team for review. Thank you for being our guest.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Decent price, no parking"
Typically when I have stayed at a hotel, either the hotel will have its own parking garage, or have you park elsewhere and comp you for it. This hotel does neither! When asked about parking, they stated this particular garage gives discounts to guests. It wasnt much of a discount. Carrying my luggage 2.5 blocks only to then get charged $46 to park a little more than a day. What a joke. Never again. Also, the bathroom toilet wasnt working properly.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Kaylee, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I am sorry our hotel could not accommodate your parking needs. We recommend our guests pull up in front of the hotel with their blinkers on, unload their luggage, check in (which is when a $20 parking voucher is issued) then park in the lot. Thank you for being our guest.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Kaylee
Friendly staff. Easy walking access to Reading Market. Could use updating.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Kay, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm glad to know that our location met your needs. Thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you again when you visit Philadelphia!
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Kay
"Nice hotel near Chinatown"
The place is convenient. You can take subway anywhere. Also, you can walk to the old town, chestnut street and walnut street, chinatown etc. The breakfast is good too.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this great review! Your feedback is very important to us. I'm pleased to see that our location is close to the places your wanted to visit and that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Thank you for being our guest!
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
"close to downtown"
There was a problem. My order via expedia was not showed when checking in. So I was told to pay again for the night, and they would figure it out with expedia. Sucks but it settled quickly next day before I started to worry
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is important to us. I'm sorry to hear that you had a billing issue with Expedia but pleased to know that it was rapidly corrected by our Front Desk team before your could worry. Thank you for being our guest and hope to see you again when you visit Philadelphia!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Everything is new!"
The place was immaculate, most likely just had undergone a complete gut and remodel. Everything and I mean everything was brand new. Staff was great. Location was perfect. Don't understand the negative reviews unless they were pre remodel.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Bob, Thank you for taking the time to write this awesome review! Your feedback is not only important to us but helps our potential guests determine their hotel stay. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed our new renovations, our great staff and our convenient center city location. Thank you so much for being our guest and we hope to see you again when you visit Philadelphia!
Other trip Jun 6, 2014
"Close to Convention Center"
I needed a place to stay that wasn't too expensive while my husband was in the hospital (Jefferson) Although it was more than I wanted to pay, it was the least expensive around. All amenities were fine. They advertise a free breakfast but it would probably be worth it to go and eat nearby (perhaps the Reading Terminal Market) The place was clean, the staff pleasant. It's not fancy but things were good. Somebody mentioned it being near a homeless shelter but that was absolutely no problem. It was an easy walk to the Convention Center and to Market St East train station.
Other trip Jun 5, 2014
"No room servuce, but..."
I've stayed at this hotel since 2006, when it was Travelodge, and have never had a bad experience. It's a nice hotel if you don't plan to spend much time in the room. I don't like that the sink is not in the bathroom, but that's a minor issue. It's conveniently located in Center City, within walking distance of everything. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great value.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
Wanda
"Not a good value for $160 night"
Windowless noisy paper thin walls with jacked up rates for the summer
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
Professional
"It worked."
Good stay
1 night business trip May 27, 2014
bill
"Friendly staff and affordable"
Close to downtown. Affordable. Friendly and helpful staff. OK breakfast. Sound insulation was poor.
4 night trip May 16, 2014
"Nice hotel, near to almost everything!"
I was a good stay. They have a good continental breakfast and the staff was very friendly and helpful all the time. The room was kind of small, but really comfortable. They have free wi-fi and cable TV what is great. The only thing I didn't like is that they didn't change the bathroom's towels everyday unless we asked for it.
Other trip May 20, 2014
Helena
"Small room."
The room was ok, it was really small, but had everything any one would need for a few days. The sink was in the room with the bed, not in the bathroom, and there was a small corner shower. We had to ask for more towels, and cups.
Other trip May 18, 2014
"Staff Saved the Night"
I'm an above the knee amputee and this Day's Inn was pretty tough on me because the closest parking is an expensive lot almost two city blocks away. On a humid night, I was bathed in sweat by the time I got there. But, a staff member brought me a cold drink of lemon water immediately and then offered to refill it too. There is a "lift" to get in as an alternative to steps.. They had one handicap accessible room. But, the air conditioning didn't work. The night desk clerk brought me a fan. Both night staff members were so helpful that despite some physical discomfort I can truly say I was satisfied by my stay.
Response by Days Inn Philadelphia Convention Center
Dear Joe, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback is very important to us. We apologize for the air conditioning not working in your room. Our maintenance team is currently working to resolve all AC issues. I'm glad to hear that our front desk team was accommodating to you during your stay. We hope to see you again when you visit Philly!
Other trip May 16, 2014