All hotels in Hazelwood, Missouri, United States of America
7133 Douglas W. Palmer, Hazelwood, MO, 63042, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9246

"Good One Night Stay"
Just a one night stay as we wanted to take in a few of the sites of St. Louis while heading further west. Hotel layout was a bit weird as you had to walk right through the middle of the breakfast area to get to the elevator. Hotel pool was nice. Our room was clean but there was one bath towel, one hand towel and one wash cloth. The desk person seemed like it was an inconvenience to get us the additional towels that should have been left in the room to begin with. Breakfast was your typical "free breakfast". For the price, cleanliness and location, I'd use it for a one night stay again.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
bad humor on front desk. not allowable
2 night business trip Jul 6, 2015
"Over all good stay."
Enjoyed my stay stay very nice. Only complaint I had was, on last night there. I had noticed room service did not clean coffee pot and refill condiments. Not happy with that mistake.....
3 night family trip Jun 23, 2015
"Wouldn't recommend!"
There were ants in our room!! Although, they did move us to a suite, it was not before they accused us of leaving food out to attract the ants and informing us that they were "up to code"!! We appreciated the upgrade, but the customer service could have been way better!!
3 night family trip Jun 17, 2015
Jeremy
"Airport"
Good clean rooms. Not much around
1 night family trip May 10, 2015
Russ
"PLEASED"
Close to airport, with reasonable room rates. Good breakfast, however it would be less stressful if food was ready by 6 am.
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2015
"Hazelwood Missouri Comfort Inn"
great stay -- good gym, good pool, comfy stay at the right price
1 night business trip Jan 13, 2015
The lady at the front desk Sandra was very rude. She kept insisting that I had not paid for my room when I had. She insisted on seeing my credit card when I advised her that no way I am showing you my credit card when I know that I have paid and got my paid receipt to prove it. After arguing with her back and forth about my credit card the fact that I was not going to show it to her I asked for the manager. She stated that she was the manager when in fact she wasn't. It was a horrible encounter with Sandra all I wanted to do was to bring the New year's in with a bang but after dealing with Sandra I felt like I was in the Twight light Zone. Very bad experience. If it wasn't for my husband and the other two very nice ladies at the hotel as well as well the real manager Kevin who called to apologize I don't know what I would have done.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
"St Lou"
Convenient to airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel is showing its age a bit. Sketchy area though with disruptive folks in the parking lot at night.
2 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
"Suite 3 queen beds"
Hotel was very clean and comfortable. The staff could improve on their customer service skills. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Gloria
Toilet paper was like tissue paper. Everyone's trying to save a buck but skimping on that will cause people not to return.
"Disappointing"
They could have gotten it right. I reserved a nonsmoking room. They said that I had "requested" a non smoking room and they had "offered" a smoking room. I showed my receipt with the word "nonsmoking" on it. They said they would move me the next day. Yes, they have free wifi, but it is worth so much less. A speed test showed it was giving 0.9 MBPS download speed. If none of this is enough to put off a new guest, the free coffee will finish the job. Lots of cable stations to choose from but no guide to help one find a specific channel. All of these things can be easily fixed. Why hasn't Comfort Inn fixed them?
2 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
The staff was very kind and gave us directions to make sure we arrived safely, even stayed on the phone till they was sure we was ok. Very friendly, offered advice of where to eat. Would stay there again.
2 night business trip Sep 25, 2014
"Hotel room good value loud guests not worth it"
Loud guests made this a bad stay That is probably not the hotels fault but the low price likely attracted this group
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
busy doctor
The hotel was clean & the breakfast buffet was better than expected.
2 night trip Aug 23, 2014
jaynew993
"Ms isabel"
The front desk was extremely helpful.We got lost and Abhi from guest services stayed on the phone for a long time helping us find the hotel. The hotel was clean and well kept. We will definite come back to this hotel.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Isabel/Bill
"better than expected"
Our room was great- clean, bigger than I expected, comfortable. The staff was a little rough around the edges, but very nice and attentive. We experienced none of the issues other reviews mentioned. While the clerk asked to see my ID, she did not ask me to even take it from my wallet let alone claim she needed to copy it. The price was good! Probably will stay here again.
1 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
T. Hall
"OK to sleep"
People there were very friendly. The room was clean but not quite. The pool was very cold. No towels had to ask for some and we were the only ones in the pool that afternoon. The halls were not clean and water runs out of the laundry room in the hall on the first floor. That's where I stayed. Would not recommend this hotel pay the extra 20 dollars and get the new Holiday Inn one block away and it is brand new. Lot across the street is empty and looks bad.
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"It was a room"
When I checked in the front desk attendant was eating in the other room. When I attempted to check out no one was at the front desk and there was quite a line. I could tell the neighborhood was a little lower SES than I preferred but the hotel itself was fine. The room was comfortable. My room wasn't cleaned one day but it wasn't that big of a deal.
3 night business trip Jun 5, 2014
"Nice and convenient."
We stayed one night and had a good stay. The room was clean, the breakfast hot, the exercise room was clean and the staff was very nice. Will probably stay again next time we are in town.
Other trip May 22, 2014
"Very nice stay..."
Would have been nice to have additional handrail in the shower where you need it, on the long wall....maybe, a shelf also. Very nice that the desk personnel had a toothbrush and toothpaste to offer us, since I overlooked bringing them. Very clean and proper room.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Rich
"Front Desk Staff RUDE"
After checking in, our keys didn't work. We went back down to the lady at the desk & she accused my boyfriend and I of calling ahead and saying we would be early, when we never did such a thing. She told us we were rude and disrespectful because her "housekeeping" people rushed around to get the room ready early. We both informed her that we never called ahead and we didn't plan on being in STL until around the time we checked in (4pm) There were other customers at the front desk as well, the hotel employee included them in the conversation and they all "ganged" up on us, they too, said we were rude for having them do that. First of all, it's none of their business and second of all, that is very unprofessional. The employee told us that if we didn't call, then someone must have our information and is pretending to be us, and she said that that was our problem and we needed to figure it out. If we weren't already checked in there would have been no way we would have stayed at that hotel. I feel we were treated very poorly, as we were guests in THEIR hotel. We are wanting at least some of our money back and we are hoping that we get that soon. We are very disgusted with how the employees at The Comfort Inn & Suites of Hazelwood treated us. I hope to be in contact with someone to resolve this issue very soon.
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
Emileigh
"Great place to stay."
Everything was great....except the pool water was very Cold. The people working were very helpful and aware of their town.
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Jami Jo
"It was accomendating"
Peaceful evening away from regular residence
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Rachel
"Not bad"
Hotel was average but nothing too exciting. It was definitely showing it's age and really needs to undergo remodeling throughout the halls, lobby and pool area. The actual room was fine, comfortable and clean. The location was good as we were close to family that were in town but there was a building that was abandoned and half torn apart across the street.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
Tara
"the room was clean and nice complimentary breakfas"
room was clean stuff courteous nice complimentary breakfast
Other trip Oct 13, 2013
"Convenient to the North County"
We found this hotel to be in a convenient location to most of the North St Louis County area. It is older, but the management have been improving the facility. Unfortunately, the added wooden floor raised the height and caused issues with rolling wheels in the transitions to the elevator. Breakfast was wonderful: eggs, sausages, bisquets and gravy, waffle machine, cereals, pastries, bagels, fruit, etc. Yummy. The room was quiet, but the neighborhood has another motel being either torn down or totally renovated across the street, and a bar nearby... so the traffic became loud on Friday night. We enjoyed our stay and would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 9, 2013
WJD
"Convenient to my family visit"
Stay was good with the exception of no hot water when we showered.
1 night trip Mar 16, 2013
"overnight"
Good place to stay for the night, did all I needed it to do...
1 night business trip Mar 1, 2013
decent room for the price
1 night trip Dec 28, 2012
Carla
"Great Friendly Staff in the Evenings and Breakfast"
Evening staff was helpful, friendly and enjoyed the casual coversations. Morning breakfast lady was nice and helpful, friendly. Room was good, clean. Little out dated, but hey we aren't renting the place for a year. Only negative was when checking out the morning gentleman kind of disappeared in the back and we had to wait along time to get checked out. One of the cleaning crew had to find him. Strange. Other than that it was an overall great stay.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2012
Mr. Brown and Mr. Baker
"Very pleased."
The staff was great on all shifts and at all times. We stayed 5 nights and my wife and I agreed that we won't shop prices or locations on our next stays.
5 night trip Nov 20, 2012
"Great for the price"
Ok people understand that this is not a 5 star hotel due to the price. The staff was friendly and check in and out were both quick and simple. Room was clean and did not have any bad odors. I was actually impressed that the room was nicer than I expected. Nice sports bar in walking distance!!
1 night trip Nov 4, 2012
Firefighter
"Attention to Detail"
Large rooms, well kept. Only negative is the smell of chlorine in the lobby because they have a swimming pool. Well maintained and very nice.
1 night trip Oct 31, 2012
Viv
"Hotel is fine but ...."
This is good basic hotel. But they will make a copy of both your drivers license and credit card!! They claim they are required to do so but most other hotels do not. My advice is to stay away - if someone has access to that info it makes ID theft very easy
1 night business trip Oct 17, 2012
"Very nice."
Manager is a great guy! Very nice breakfast and and a great place to stay in St. Louis.
Other trip Sep 21, 2012
"It was close to the things we were doing"
Everthing was nice. The room was clean and very nice. The breakfast was very good.
2 night trip Aug 4, 2012
1 night business trip Feb 23, 2014
3 night family trip Mar 14, 2013
TP

TripAdvisor reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites Hazelwood

"Great Value for the Price"
07/28/15 Michael D Peoria, Illinois
I stayed in this hotel for business for one night. The staff at check in were very helpful not only in checking me in quickly but also helping me find things in the area as I had never been there before, to include printing all the information off. The wrong room number was written on my key card envelope by mistake and as soon as the person figured out the mistake (and saw me on security camera having a difficult time opening the door!) he did not wait for me to walk all the back down but rather ran upstairs to explain and show me to the correct room. Very much appreciated as i had all my luggage! The room was very clean and comfortable and had a nice set up. It was also close to just about anything you could want to find. All in all a really nice hotel. When you first pull up it doesn't look like it is in the greatest place because it is somewhat behind some other hotels but this presented no problems.
"Definitely NOT an Alice in Wonderland Adventure!!!"
07/17/15 cjacksonmod Little Rock, Arkansas
On 7/7/15 I checked in @3:33 a.m. & out @4:14 a.m (NOTE: In & OUT in LESS THAN 1 HR). The decent reviews are MISLEADING unless you are happy to support the BED BUG population and/or accept SUBPAR customer service. To say the least, I was exhausted from the late night drive accompanied by my 7 yr. old daughter and 8 yr. old, VERY ENERGETIC nephew. In spite of my need to detox from "ALL THINGS BRATALY, BARBIE LIFE IN THE DREAM HOUSE, TRANSFORMERS, POWER RANGERS, SPIDERMAN, etc." I completely disregarded the unwelcoming, unpleasant Alice NOT in Wonderland (NOTE: She was NOT walking the property.) and apparently my usual senses for foreseen, undesirable plights. After standing at the front desk for over 30 minutes with Alice NOT in Wonderland, I was provided a key and directions (by way of pointing) to our room. My norm is to review my room before unloading. Contrarily, I had Princess K and Prince K to assist with unloading. We entered and at this time I inspected our quarters. Let's just say, “There is a place, like no place on earth. A land full of wonder, mystery, and danger... (L. Carroll), BED BUG DANGER! If other areas in the room were unkept, I shall NEVER know! I could say more, but...well...just know that I am STILL WAITING for the hold to be released on my credit card.
"Clean, comfortable room. Would stay again."
07/11/15 RoadTripVinnie Chicago Area, IL
Stayed in the 3-queen bed suite, which has 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms. Area felt secure. The property is a remodeled older hotel with some signs of age visible here and there, but nothing that bothered us and overall was pleasant. More importantly - it was a nice, clean room with comfortable beds & pillows and clean linens. No odors. No problems with the A/C, power, shower, sinks or toilets - Everything worked. Front desk was helpful and friendly. We did not try the breakfast or the pool. Only complaint: Very noisy hinge on the master bathroom door which waked others in the middle of the night. Paid $112 for a Sunday stay in late June which we felt was a fair value.
"The price is right! "
07/09/15 Oldrecruiter Seattle WA
Want an inexpensive place that's clean and safe? This hotel will work for you. The rooms have had a "Hotel Impossible" style make over, but you can tell the building has been here for awhile. Breakfast buffet was ok, the staff seemed very nice. A valid complaint would be the lack of real curtains in the rooms. We had a security light from the parking lot illuminating our room all night long. The decorative curtains did nothing to help get the room dark. On the other hand the bed and pillows were really comfortable! For just a quick stop, you can't beat the price!
"It Worked"
07/07/15 303Seth Aurora, Colorado
Nothing remarkable about the stay. Desk clerk did provide a route to my room, but it was not the best route or best place to park, I had to figure that out for myself. The room itself had kind of a musty odor. The room was a "garden-level" and so when it rained really hard the night we were there water leaked in and got the carpet wet under the window. We didn't use the pool. The breakfast was the normal fare, no better or worse than any similar place. What I did like was that they had a room big enough for my large family - three queen beds, two bathrooms, and a fold-out bed. We came back through St. Louis on our way home and elected to stay elsewhere.
"Clean rooms but lacking customer service. Comfortable bed but pool was cold."
06/30/15 handymanUSA PA
Positives - The girl that checked us in was personable and professional. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. House Keeping staff does a great job. Breakfast was good with a nice selection of choices. Negatives - The pool was COLD, and there was no hot tub. The man on the front desk in the morning had a real attitude that was anything but professional. His attitude alone, drops my review of this location from Very Good to Average.
"Wonderful place to stay."
06/28/15 colterfrederick North English
My wife, 3 year old son and myself were traveling thru St. Louis in my classic 1979 Pontiac Firebird while participating in Hot Rod Power Tour 2015. We also had two other very nice cars that belonged to friends that were participating as well. When we arrived at the Comfort Inn we were greeted by Kelvin at the Front Desk who made Check In a breeze. I had booked the 3 Rooms for our group in my name and he explained clearly which Rooms had which accommodations and was even able to keep our rooms close to each other. My first question after receiving our Room Keys was, "Where would be the best place to park our cars so that they'll be safest from door dings or any other accidental damage?" Kelvin was on top of this immediately. He gave us multiple suggestions and assured us that the entire parking area is under constant surveillance via the monitoring system in the room adjacent to the Front Desk area (he was even kind enough to show me their setup) and also mentioned the neighborhood is patrolled regularly by law enforcement. Once we were parked, we made our way thru the beautiful Lobby to our rooms. My wife, son and I stayed together in a very nice room. The fresh sheets on our comfortable bed made it super easy to fall asleep. My friends spoke well of there rooms as well, saying they'd gotten their best nights sleep the entire trip. The continental breakfast area was perfect with plenty of choices. From a simple bowl of cereal to eggs & sausage, fresh fruit, yogurt, milk, coffee & O.J., and even two flavors of fresh waffles. Good stuff! The Pool Area looked very inviting. I know my son would have enjoyed a swim, but we arrived late in the evening and departed the next morning without getting the opportunity. Check out was as easy as checking in. We thanked Kelvin for taking good care of us and we were on our way. This is the second time I have stayed at this Hotel and will seek it out if I'm planning to stay in the St. Louis Area again.
"Wood Bat Tournament"
06/27/15 Robmx23
This place is OK. Room was clean, staff was friendly, but it's about 25 highway minutes from downtown STL. Breakfast was decent. The pool was small and COLD, and there was no hot tub. I felt like it was overpriced, but if I had a specific reason to stay in this specific part of town again, I would stay here again.
"Clean and hospitable"
06/17/15 tript642 Ohio
Travelling with family for a 4-day weekend stay in St. Louis. The front desk and breakfast staff were very friendly and greeted us each morning. The manager, Kelvin, actually took out the time to make sure we were comfortable and enjoying our stay--thank you!!! Hotel lobby and room were always clean. No problems. Great experience for the price.
"It is what it is"
06/11/15 johnsonevv Lawrence, Kansas
This is an inexpensive hotel in a convenient location. Acceptable for a night passing through St. Louis. The lobby and breakfast area were clean. The room was clean although there was an overwhelming perfumy smell. The hot water in the sink took a minute of running water to get the water warm. The bathroom is tiny luckily the sink and mirror are not in the bathroom. The towels were not in plentiful supply and a bit thin. Great water pressure and hot water in the shower. All that said, I slept just fine. Well, the front desk did try to put another person in the room at 11 at night. Glad I had the privacy lock locked. The personnel are friendly and try to be accommodating. The hot breakfast was average although the coffee was not. Coffee was awful. This isn't as nice as some Comfort Inns I've stayed in.