All hotels in Hoofddorp, Netherlands

"Third rate hotel, poor check in attitude, cheap"
We arrived 1 hour before the check in time of 2 pm. The check in lady was rude and repeated that the rooms were not ready due to New Year's Eve and people having the rooms until 12 pm. I asked if there was a place where we can store are luggage as we had planned to take the free shuttle bus back to schipohl and get a train into town. Check in lady said there were lockers for us down stairs that we would have to pay for. This is the first hotel that I have ever had to pay to store luggage while waiting for a room. Finally the checki in Lady stated she would see if the cleaning staff could clean the rooms in 20 or thirty minutes. Fine we were going to wait but before I sat down I went downstairs to check out the lockers. The lockers were not big enough to hold our luggage. One minute later when I returned a manager said a room was ready and I informed her our luggage wouldn't fit into lockers. The manager then said she would have stored the luggage. Quickest cleaning staff ever, 20 minutes down to one! Got to the none smoking room and was immediately disgusted with the acrid smell of stale smoke, ceiling had water and stain marks, bed sheets were not fitted and did not remain on the beds co. Oh yeah the room comes with coin operated safe as well. Decore-outdated,tacky! The cleanest part of the hotel was the free shuttle bus. Nicest person in the hotel was the bus driver. If you are planning to stay at this place consider sleeping on the bus, luggage storage is free!
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
swater
"Very large convention hotel"
Great service on the part of Mike, Front Desk employee, who helped with printing my airline boarding pass.
Other trip Dec 20, 2013
Gunter
"Great dinner options"
Several times we noticed odors in the bathroom and the last time it was very bad. I reported and ask for a can of odor repellent but was never provided with it and we weren't offered another room. We solved the problem somewhat by filling the bath tub with hot water and throwing shampoo in it and then draining it. A tip a Dutch friend gave us. Minor details, table lamps that have no longer an on and off button. I do like the quality of dining and the service of the dining room staff and reception staff, but I do not like to always find a flaw here and there in the rooms and definitely do not like stinky bathrooms. I like to receive more recognition from vandeValk for not only yearly booking the vd Valk but we also dine there with friends many times while staying at vdValk. There is no loyalty program for guests like me when I am travelling alone or with my husband. It would be nice to have one. For instance, throw in a courtesy breakfast for two even though my reservations did not include breakfast. Simple gestures for loyal hotel guests who come back in spite of the mentioned discomforts. I will now require with my reservation at Vd Valk A 4 to have bathroom thoroughly checked for offensive sewer odors.
3 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Yvonne
"Not customer friendly receptionist"
Stayed here many times in the past. Because I had business in the Aalsmeer area I thought around 11.30. I drop off my bags and check into my room. The receptionist said check starts after 2 pm. I asked well l do you have any rooms ready because the place is huge they have hundreds of rooms. She replied yes we do but I would have to charge you xtra 15 euro. I said no thanks you . Please not If you arrive to AMS in the am from the US ..most flights arrive between 6 am and 11 am where would you go? I know now I will not consider this Hotel in the future unless they promise to have early check in available. Did not get to talk to the manager. The breakfast starts at 5 am and is the best in the country with so many choices for about 15 Euro. most hotels over price their breakfast and if you don't eat much book without break fast and decide when you are there. The staff should be trained better and understand they are in the hospitality business!
Other trip Nov 19, 2013
"Very goo value, easy access to Schiphol"
Easy trip to and from Schiphol - just need to time your personal schedule to the airport shuttle schedule.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
Glenn
"Near Schipol with shuttle bus"
Very large hotel with great rooms and beautiful lobby decor. Shuttle to airport was quick and driver gave good advice on where to go.
Other trip Oct 27, 2013
miguel
"So close but to far, If you're there for Amsterdam"
it wasn't horrible but travel back and fourth from Amsterdam City center was time consuming and/or Costly. Do not book here if you'r focus is to spend alot of time in Amsterdam. Which was our case. My biggest quam really is just the distance form Amsterdam and the fact that we had to always go back to the airport to catch a train to the city. and when the free shuttle stops running it's a either a 20 euro shuttle from the train station and you can't split it with other people the charge per room, all though it's only one trip otherwise it's a 50 euro cab from the city.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
The Manager
Great stay although on arrival was made to pay a 6 euro "tax" on a prepaid room and the reason behind this was not fully explained.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Nice hotel close to nothing"
This hotel was nice. Hotel shuttle that runs every 40 minutes to the airport. There are a couple of restaurants around and a store but other than that there is nothing around. The bad thing is the tv and dust in the room. After a certain time there are only advertisements for adult company on TV.
4 night trip Sep 27, 2013
Bashante
"Very nice hotel close to the airport"
Nice hotel, nice staff very comfortable for short and long stays, The price is also super
Other trip Oct 1, 2013
Meetje
"Nice stay at Van der Valk"
Overall I had a nice stay at Van der Valk. The hotel was close to airport but a little far from the city. I loved the pool and spa area!
1 night trip with friends Sep 28, 2013
Keith
"Looks Nice But That's Deceiving"
We paid 158 euro for three adults in one room. The room was large and looked reasonably o.k. At check-in, they told us we had two elevators to take to get to our room (there are hundreds of rooms in this hotel). We took the first elevator to the 1st floor, then had trouble finding the 2nd elevator which was down the hall and a turn to the right, after proceeding through double doors. Many other guests were also having trouble finding this elevator. After getting off the floor, we had a lengthy walk to the room. We found the room temperature was too cool (21 C or 70 F) and lighting was terrible (two 35 w bulbs and a lousy overhead ceiling light). I talked to the front desk clerk who said there was nothing they could do but I insisted on seeing the supervisor (mgr not on duty then); the clerk subsequently said I was rude because I insisted on standing to the side at the check-in counter to wait for the supervisor rather than sit in the lobby and be ignored as she instructed. The supervisor was able to get maintenance to raise the temp to 25 C but then we discovered at night the temp would only go down to 17C. The light bulbs could not be changed. Later we found that when we turned on the water, it surged out and then dwindled to nothing. I took up these issues with the front desk manager the next morning and her attitude was one of take it or leave it. I doubt we'll stay here again with the attitude of the front desk staff and manager and problems with their rooms.
Other trip Sep 27, 2013
"Schiphol A4 one night stay"
Room feels homely but no box of tissue and no coffee and tea facilities in the room. So disappointing. After a long day in the Centre, it would have been nice to relax in the comfort of the room with own coffee and tea facilities. Had to go down to get coffee from the machine and pay for it. We stayed in another hotel closer to Airport for the same price where they provided tea and coffee facilities, complimentary water and only 8 min away from airport.
Other trip Sep 24, 2013
Britts
"Pleasant experience"
I had to spend 2 nights close to the Amsterdam Airport. My experience could not have been better. The friendly staff, excellent restaurant, "punctual" shuttle bus to and from the airport and the overall ambience of the hotel made an otherwise uneventful hotel stay a very pleasant experience.
Other trip Sep 20, 2013
Raymond
"Luxury and Good price at once !!!"
Excellent price and good service....Staff really servicial and the room was excellent good space and clean
Other trip Sep 18, 2013
Jrrdm
"Convenient to Schiphol"
Great hotel for the value. A bit noisy in the bar area which did not allow for quiet conversation. Room was very comfortable. However, a "conditioner" should be added to the "shampoo" and "bath gel." Women need conditioners!
1 night trip Sep 10, 2013
"Dunwoody Dave"
Good value, free transport and free Internet. Restaurant also good!
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2013
"Large hotel with free shuttle"
A sprawling hotel a bit further from the airport than expected that handles large volumes of travelers. So lines for registration, shuttle, restaurant can be long and can be a long walk to the room. Food options across the parking lot are a good alternative if the restaurant is full or you want to explore. At about one third the cost of hotels downtown Amsterdam it is a bargain!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
The hotel was great for the price, did not expect a four star but was surprised there were no bell hops to help with luggage which was difficult with luggage and impaired mobility. The room was missing simple amenities like a coffee maker, and an ice bucket.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2013
"Far from town"
About an hour from town. 20 minute bus ride then go to a train for a 20 minute train ride. If you need to print anything I could not get it printed. You email to the front desk then they print it. Took me around 24 hours for them to print it. I will never stay there again.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"a great buy with convenient airport shuttle"
this hotel was a great value compared to others near airport. shuttle was frequent with large bus servicing route to/from airport and hotel. room was large, and we were very pleased with our stay. will definitely choose van der valk schiphol again.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"close to many location around amsterdam"
service very good and transportation from airport to hotel and back very good Outstanding breakfast in this hotel to us the best any place and we have been all over the globe some of the most fancy hotels can not compete with this one. Only thing they could improve on for passengers from out side the country their should be no extra fee when you arrive early because after a 11 hour flight you need your room. other wise excellent place to stay with super service.
2 night trip Aug 19, 2013
"Nice hotel near airport"
We recently stayed at the Van der Valk hotel on a layover. We enjoyed our stay and were impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms and the comfort in general. We would certainly recommend this to anyone needing a short stay in Amsterdam.
Other trip Aug 16, 2013
Jiovanna
"Nice hotel, convenient shuttle to Schiphol"
Very nice hotel and amenities. My reservation through Expedia somehow did not show the child so the staff was not very.courteous saying that I did not quite tell the truth about my reservation. I later found the paper that shows the correct reservation so it may be some mis immunization between systems. The hotel is very convenient for an early flight.
Other trip Aug 13, 2013
"big, effiecient, airport hotel with free shuttle"
The staff at the restaurant was great and dinner was very good too. Check in staff at reception was a bit frosty. Room was big, had a tub and shower and a view of the garden. Stayed for 9 hrs until as it's a airport hotel. Free shuttle till midnight, then it's about 20-25 euros to get to the hotel.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
c l
"Thumbs up for Van der Valk"
Friendly, courteous and attentive staff. Large room (older but clean). Delicious meal in restaurant. Great shuttle service to airport. Only downside is very convoluted journey to the room from registration desk (multiple elevator trips, many hallways etc). Need to drop breadcrumbs so you don't get lost.
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
Lina
"nice hotel"
nice and clean, great service. the fitness room, pool, and spa were a nice benefit (unfortunately I wasn't able to use them). easy trip from and to airport.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2013
amber
"I love the NEW renovated part of the Van der Valk!"
Clean Clean Clean! Great hotel! Great price! Great service! Awesome FREE shuttle to the airport that arrives on time! Honest housekeeping staff!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Outstanding!"
Friendly service; shuttle service was very helpful. Would recommend to all who travel near Schiphol and Amsterdam as well as nearby communities. Wished we had picked more VDV locations
Other trip Aug 7, 2013
"Nothing around"
The hotel was nice and relaxing but it's completely out if the way. Free transportation is nice but being away from everything definitely feels like being in a completely different country than the city of Amsterdam.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
capnawesome
"Amsterdam trip"
I stayed in the new edition to the hotel, but I also viewed a room in the old section. If you stay the newer side is much nicer, more room, and the parking for my vehicle was much easier. There was free wifi, courteous attendants, free parking, a comfortable bed, and it was quite. The location was a bit further then I wanted from downtown Amsterdam but it was still a great time and hotel.
3 night trip with friends Jul 26, 2013
"Close to airport"
The staff was very helpful and hotel was very comfortable
2 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Sherry
"Nice hotel. Excellent food. Excellent shuttle ser"
Our experience was very good. The hotel staff was very friendly. The room was clean, very big with full space. internet wireless free. The food was excellent and the shuttle service to and from the airport was oustanding.
Other trip Jul 28, 2013
"Better options available"
Shuttle goes every 40 minutes, and despite being at the stop 5 minutes early it had already gone so had to wait almost an hour outside the airport, then another 15 minutes to drive to hotel to line up for a room. Not worth it, there are better options at the same price with more reliable and more frequent shuttle service.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
"Just what I needed"
We had a 3 night stay and enjoyed it very much. Comfortable, quiet, and family friendly. The staff was very courteous and helpful. Everything was just as described, pool, patio, etc. The hotel is just across from a center filled with various food options and that was great if you like variety. The shuttle service was a great benefit and ran often and on time. I would definitely recommend and stay again.
Other trip Jul 20, 2013
Renee
"Not good"
It was very disappointing. Expedia stated there were coffee pot and minibar but none were available. It will be good for people who is staying short visit just to get to the airport otherwise, it is not for family pleasure/traveling. Just a large room with nothing in it. It is very inconvenient to travel to the hotel....it is located right off the A4.
Other trip Jul 18, 2013
"Fine for a night"
This hotel was far out of Amsterdam but a short shuttle ride to the airport. I stayed one night because I had an early flight and wanted to be close to the airport. The common areas of the hotel were nice - it is a conference hotel - and it had a pool and fitness area which was also nice. The room however was disappointing. My room, while large, was old and drab and it was quite an unusual route to get to it from in the hotel. I would not return or recommend but I had a great deal on the price of the room and it met my needs for one night. In the future, I'd stay right inside the city of Amsterdam and taxi in to the airport instead.
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
Super hotel
Other trip Jul 15, 2013
"Close to airport"
Not impressed with outside appearance, however once inside Hotel was beautiful. Rooms were roomy, clean and fresh. Hotel staff understood and spoke English which was great asset. Planning another trip on July 22nd will spend 2 nights. Are there any discounts available for my 2nd stay within 3 weeks. Thanks Sherry
1 night trip Jul 1, 2013
Sherry
"Not Bad"
For a overnight stay between flights this hotel was A OK. Not perfect but good. The twin beds thru me for a loop,but they are close together and comfortable. Food there looked good, but less expensive food was across the street.
1 night trip Jul 2, 2013
"Great Value and convenience."
I caught the Free Bus at the airport early the first morning. I had to wait a short while but was allowed to check in early and given a room very close to reception. I found the room location very convenient as a single female traveler. There was a security door between the public areas and the rooms. There were lots of brochures and discount coupons for attractions in the lobby. I used the Free Bus to the airport each day. At the airport I caught a bus to the Tulip Garden or the train into Amsterdam. I ate in the restaurant twice and enjoyed the food and servers both times. The bar was dark but pleasant. The staff were always professional, helpful and spoke English. I needed and appreciated the free computers with good internet access. There was a good cafe and some other restaurants just across the street but the location of the hotel was in the countryside. I was very pleased with this hotel. I only wish the rooms were a little more luxurious. The decor was too modern and plain for me. The price, however, was very reasonable for the amenities.
Other trip Jul 5, 2013
Candi
It's a great place to spend enroute. The restaurant food is varied and well prepared. The bar is a nice place. The terrace a cozy place. Free Internet and printing. Free shuttle to and from airport. The rooms are excellent.
1 night trip Jun 30, 2013
"Close to airport"
Amazing breakfast buffet for 15 euros a person. Hotel has great facilities such as a heated pool and full sauna. The only negative is that it is 35 minute drive from the city center. But given how much you save by staying here vs. a city hotel of same caliber (at least 200 euros a night) it's not bad. The hotel also has cars for rent and a free shuttle to the airport.
Other trip Jul 4, 2013
"recommend for transit staying"
Nice large room and quiet. A few restaurants are just accross the very street. The BKF is very good but charged 15 Euro. For catching early flight or arrival ,latewitis recommended to stay one night .
1 night business trip Jun 29, 2013
Was according expectations
1 night trip Jun 22, 2013
"Amsterdam hotel"
free shuttle was a great benefit great water pressure in showers
Other trip Jun 30, 2013
"Convenient to the airport."
I had a late afternoon arrival into Amsterdam with a morning departure home the following day so I was looking for a convenient hotel near the airport. The hotel offers scheduled bus service to/from the airport and the accommodations were very comfortable as well as reasonably priced. A great choice if you are in search of a short stay hotel with airport service.
Other trip Jun 25, 2013
Craig
"airport location"
near the airport. Nice hotel. Bus transport to and from hotel could be better.
Other trip Jun 19, 2013
"Handy to Schipol"
Large hotel with long walks and elevator rides up then down to get to the room.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2013
Very nice, clean comfertable Hotel. It is very close to the airport so it's superb when you have to travel very early. Driver's of the shuttlebus have been very helpfull, friendly and funny. I wished there was a coffeemaker in the room but the receptionist explained why, so that's ok The younger receptionists should be more friendly and helpfull, they weren't always either one of that.
Other trip Jun 2, 2013