All hotels in Hoofddorp, Netherlands

Great wellness & sports facilities
    Rather comfortable
    Great pool
  • Value for money
"Great room size and easy airport access"
Hotel is easy to access from the airport and has large rooms
1 night family trip Jul 5, 2015
Jean
We really enjoying having a pool for our two boys to play in before our long flight back to the US.
Other trip Jul 8, 2015
Patti
"Was the start of our month long trip of Europe."
This was the first stay of our month long European tour. Great location with a shuttle that made life easy as we picked up family from the airport as well as started our trip around Europe by train. We will end our trip there as well.
Other trip Jul 1, 2015
"Excellent location - very helpful staff overall."
Nice hotel, close to airport. Free shuttle to airport - places to eat across from the hotel - KFC, Burger king, dutch restaurants with excellent food available. However, ideal for 1-2 days stay and the staff goes out of its way to make you feel welcome.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
Sandy
"Front desk is horrible. no facilities in room"
No one helps in front desk. No one knows about local city. No refrigerator, no cloth pressing box
Other trip Jun 29, 2015
"Strategic for travellers"
Close to Schiphol airport, easily reachable and rooms have undergone a make over for the better. Nice bar, good atmosphere. Some days the place can be overrun by families and other travellers, so beware to get a table in time. Shuttle service to the airport is great and the location is great for the one seeking a peaceful night before a long flight!
Other trip Jun 28, 2015
Leen Klaassen
"Great newly renovated rooms"
Excellent value. Checking is was a breeze. Our wing and room were newly renovated and looked great. We were looking for a comfortable hotel close to Schiphol as we were leaving early the next morning. Not much to do in the immediate area, but the hotel has a nice restaurant and bar. Free shuttle service to the airport every 20 minutes is a big plus.
1 night family trip Jun 21, 2015
Gino
"Kort maar krachtig."
I arrived at 9 pm and left at 5:30 am. Just enough to get a good night of sleep. It was excellent. Thank you!
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Maria G.
"Highway hotel"
Old hotel,the staf at the desk was ok,the hotel looked like backpackers inn
Other trip Jun 17, 2015
B
"Close to the airport"
This is an older hotel that has been maintained well. It is quite large and the security requires access only through the front door. From the front door, two elevators are required to access most rooms. One to go up to access the wing where your room is and another takes you down to the floors with the rooms. It's a quite confusing layout and time consuming to get in and out. There are no rooms near the front desk/lobby area. The parking lot is also quite busy, so a lot of walking is required. The restaurant meals are nothing special and a bit expensive. Our waitress was difficult to find and not terribly interested in ensuring we received what we requested.
Other trip Jun 9, 2015
"Off the beaten path"
Was a wonderful stay. Very clean. Very modern. Very comfortable! But to actually find the hotel was a problem. If going by airport transport you'll be fine.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Ian
Very nice hotel. Great rich breakfast. Located outside airport area, 10 min by bus away from the airport. The hotel has a shuttle bus which can pick you up in the airport. But you can also reach the hotel by public transport (but the shuttle is more convenient). To get to Amsterdam from this hotel, you have to go the airport first and then take a train to Amsterdam.
Other trip May 22, 2015
Front desk staff. Women not very friendly. The gentlemen were good.
Other trip May 20, 2015
Difficult to find when driving yourself, no clear name indication outside. Attention is very good.
Other trip May 17, 2015
Excellent shuttlebussystem to the airport. Nice and relatively quiet after the crowded downtown Amsterdam.
Other trip May 5, 2015
Everything was OK except the air conditioning didn't seem to do anything to cool off a south-facing room. Luckily I was able to open the sliding door and let the breeze in.
Other trip Apr 27, 2015
"7 nights"
When we first checked in for our 6 nights we were put on the old antiquated section with no a/c on bottom floor and broken tv with well used beds. I discussed with the receptionist that we were going to be here for 6 nights and returning the end of our trip for the 7th night and the room was not going to work for us. With a little attitude we were moved to a newer section of the hotel which was better. I spent a lot of time in the pool which was amazing and the relaxing beds and sauna area. The heated chairs were pointed at the IR/Daylight rooms which was pretty uncomfortable and odd. They should face a different direction. I dont care to sit behind glass and have other sitting in a chair looking at me as I enjoy a bit of daylight. felt like a girl in the window after hours in the red light district..odd. Everything else we very pleasing. the food a bit pricey to say the least but there is a restaurant across the road with market fresh food options called La Place. There is also a gas station across the street for that quick larger cup of coffee. No room coffee or tea option which again was something that was displeasing as a nice cup on the deck in the morning would have been relaxing to start my day. The 7th night when we were scheduled to come back we were put in the I AM....section of this hotel.... very nice rooms there and up-to-date. I would request a new room if I ever stay there again and state my purpose such as frequent pool use.
Other trip Apr 21, 2015
w
"Nice hotel, very near to urban transport"
Me and my family spent a nice weekend in Amsterdam. The location of the hotel is at no more than 500 mts from the urban transport.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Francisco
"Don't expect much"
This hotel was fine for one night before we flew out the next morning, however i don't expect to book here again. For the price I expected a bit more. The rooms needed refurbishing. The customer service was pretty terrible- the type of place in which you don't get anything unless you ask specifically. Towels for the pool? Yes walk all the way back to the lobby and ask for them. Breakfast? Yes you can order breakfast only of you get in line in the main lobby and pay for a voucher there first. Dinner? Sure the restaurant is open, but you will need to request that someone serve you. A positive was that the hotel shuttle was on time.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
stacy
"Great Hotel with typical Dutch Cleanliness!!"
I was two weeks there and I enjoyed the hospitality, great bar and great international atmosphere.
Other trip Mar 26, 2015
Audhoe
"Front office staff check in staff not friendly."
The front office lady who checked me was not friendly at all. - she should learn to be more polite to customers. The others were fine.
1 night family trip Mar 5, 2015
Karim
"Wouldn't go back"
Was charged 80€ for parking :( staff was less than helpful. Room was new but was in another hotel that is attached to the main hotel. Room amenities were scarce, no waters, no mini bar, no tissues, bed was so-so, towels were worn out. The food at the restaurant was good however and the spa area is decent. Had stayed with this chain quite a few times in the past but left this hotel with a bad taste in my mouth, will not return.
Other trip Mar 6, 2015
Jamie
"It was OK but..."
I paid for superior room with bathtub and shower and they gave me a little room with just shower in a new wing called. " I am...".Only when I made them look t the description at the Expedia site they were convinced and was transferred to the old wing :big room with bathtub shower. Excellent breakfast. Made early check in for free but late checkout cost 20 euro for 4 hours.
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
Iosi
"Nice hotel close to Schiphol airport."
This hotel is close to the airport and has a very convenient shuttle bus every 40 minutes or so. The hotel staff was very diligent and helpful. The restaurant has excellent food and service. Room was very spacious. Perfect if you want to layover prior to a long flight as we did. No complaints at all.
Other trip Jan 23, 2015
Jairo
"big and kitsch (the ugly not-cool kind)"
massive stupid space.. walk for ages to find your room. NOT actually close to the airport. they do have a shuttle, but it stops running at night and it is expensive to use either their night shuttle or a taxi. Their kitchen also closes at a certain time, and (since the hotel is near nothing) it is then impossible to get food.
Other trip Jan 17, 2015
C
"Great Experience"
My room was categorized as non-smoking, but I could hardly believe that. However, it IS AMSTERDAM, so duh. The pool and wellness center area was the most exciting reason I booked my stay there, and it absolutely delivered! I thought I was in heaven. I think I was.... The staff was great; the shuttle was timely; I didn't have a chance to enjoy the food because the stay was so short and it was New Year's, but the breakfast buffet looked monstrous. I will absolutely stay there again if my travels permit.
1 night business trip Dec 31, 2014
Rachel
"overnight near Schiphol Airport"
We only stayed one night to get ready for an early morning flight. The room was very nice and reasonably quiet considering it was New Year's Eve!
Other trip Jan 2, 2015
"Lovely hotel at reasonable rates"
Lovely lobby decorated for Christmas however it is tastefully lovely all year long. Clean, comfortable, great restaurant. Maybe 10 minute bus ride to the airport.
1 night business trip Dec 19, 2014
Teresa
"the other rooms."
May be because of the low rate we paid, we got a very small room without all the comfort we are accustomed to when we stay in this I'M hotel from van der Valk. My wife even said, next time we should stay somewhere else. Bron Rooda
1 night family trip Dec 15, 2014
Bron
"Look for the gas station or miss exit"
Comfortable - best shower/water pressure in a hotel that I can remember
1 night business trip Nov 20, 2014
"old room, no plug next to the bed"
no plug next to the bed the hotel's next to the highway and has limited dining options
2 night business trip Nov 18, 2014
"Ideal place to stay near Amsterdam airport"
Love the location; close to the airport and an excellent free shuttle service between hotel and airport from where trains can take you to the city or anywhere else in the country. The hotel also offers free parking, in case you rent a car, and is so easily accessible, as it right near the A4 highway. The restaurant has excellent food at very reasonable prices. The room prices are very reasonable as well. This hotel is always my first choice when traveling to Amsterdam.
1 night family trip Nov 21, 2014
Abraham
Great hotel for late arrival or early departure at Amsterdam Airport.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Very impressed with the cleaniless and the conduct of the personnell.
1 night trip Oct 10, 2014
A. CORDERO
"Nice hotel; clean room and bathroom."
Convenient to Schiphol; free shuttle to airport; very clean room and bath. Would stay there again.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Ryan
It is not right to charge extra money (5 euro per hour) for early check in. Airport shuttle is supposed to be free, but it only starts at 6 am. if the customer who has an early flight has to pay for the shuttle. The hotel only cares about money, but not customers
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
would stay here again.
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Betty
"Convenient airport hotel"
Very convenient hotel airport. Shuttle is excellent and there is a variety of food choices right on site. Gas stations are also close to fuel up rental car before you return it.
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Nothing like the website"
Rooms look nothing like the website. Shuttle infrequent. Staff indifferent.
Other trip Aug 2, 2014
kT
The hotel was amazingly perfect my husband and myself loved it ,we've stayed in lots of hotels all over the world but this was the best by far, we are planing to go back in 8 weeks x we can't wait x:)
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
"Great for an early flight from Schiphol"
We stayed here on the last night of our vacation because of an early departure from Schiphol. Traveling with two teens, we reserved a "quad room," and found it very spacious, well appointed, and comfortable. A nice restaurant with friendly service and a good, prompt, and free shuttle service to the airport made it an ideal choice.
Bay Area Family
"Breakfast was truly amazing."
Great. I will definitely stay again the next time I travel through Amsterdam.
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
Toni
"Disappointed with Staff and service"
Normally I don't write reviews but really feel I had to in this case. From the start we found the staff at the hotel to be very rude and just refused to speak English at any time. Each encounter was never better and overall we found the staff to be unhelpful and unfriendly. The room was fine, the only thing going for it was the fact it was large enough to handle all four of us traveling. Bathroom was big too. But the hotel was odd in fact that the rooms were not well connected to the rest of the hotel - we had to go up an elevator/stairs to then go across a hall way/conf room to another section of the hotel to then go down two floors to our room - It was okay we made it work but just overall odd. Food buffet for breakfast was plenty, but again the rude staff at check-in didn't explain or care to explain there was no other option for breakfast - as in not able to order breakfast - only the buffet and to add or not add to bill was not well explained. Again Staff refused to explain in English so had to interpret what she said in Dutch. At check out the staff could not refund my credit card the $500 hold they placed on it. They gave up and even though I asked to keep trying they refused and told me it would clear in 4 weeks - yes after I paid for it on my bill.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
Joost
"Hotel was okay."
I was disappointed the hotel room didn't look like the pictures I saw. However, everything was okay. Room was clean. Shuttle picked me up from and returned me to airport. Very prompt and frequent schedule. carpet in the room looks like wood floors but it is carpet. I got to the hotel after 11 pm when their restaurant was closed. Everything closes early in Amsterdam. I had to go to the Shell gas station nearby and that is where i bought my dinner. If you are flying in late make sure you eat at the airport or eat before you fly because everything is closed. The hotel staff was very courteous and well dressed. Check in and out was a breeze. the hotel common areas looks nice. Rooms have a garden view. The hotel staff speaks English. Would have given a higher rating if the room I was in looked like the room in the picture on Expedia. Last thing, I am assuming the hotel is very energy conscious and that is the reason all the lights in the room were very dim compared to bright American hotel room lights. Was a little difficult to see at night in the bathroom because of the dim lights.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
"Great hotel for overnight before flight"
This was a great hotel to stay at for an overnight before our flight back to the USA. Nice warm indoor pool. Rooms clean and quiet.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
Dot
"Simple, basic rooms, everything "extra" costs extr"
OK hotel, on highway, about 12-15 min with the shuttle (every 40 min) from Schiphol. Not extremely convenient, but it influences the price (downwards), and if you're not in a hurry, it is OK. I arrived very late, had the last shuttle and left early next day, so no time to explore the hotel facilities (so no judgement on this). The rooms are decent size, but the absolute barest minimum in amenities, not even a glass to drink water from the tap or brush your teeth. No coffee or tea in the room (2 Euro in the restaurant), and nothing but a TV and 1 electrical socket. The beds were comfortable though, and the room was tidy. Nothing wrong with it at all, although I was a bit surprised that this is 4-stars; this definitely is not based on the rooms! In short, recommendable if you need a room to sleep, affordable, not the most convenient location, but price counts as well.
Other trip Jun 27, 2014
B
"room is spacious, but the facilities are old"
I stayed there for two nights with my wife. The room is spacious. This is probably the only positive for this hotel. Hotel staffs are not so helpful and the facilities are super outdated. There is even no plug in the bathtub. In addition, the elevator in the lobby is not so reliable. Press several times, but no response at all!!
Other trip Jun 26, 2014
Emilio
"Graet Shuttle"
Shuttle service to and from the airport was fantastic. The internet service does not work properly.
2 night trip Jun 16, 2014
Arabanana
"enjoyable stay"
Great hotel and excellent value for money
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
"FANTASTIC POOL!"
Had a mix-up with the room type booked vs. received which was resolved with the hotel directly and then followed up by Hotels.com. Satisfied with the outcome. Pool/Spa area is AMAZING. There is a large truck stop in the same parking lot as the hotel which has 4 restaurants...lots of choice. Had a drink at the hotel bar and was disappointed by the service. (long wait, unfriendly service). Overall I would stay here again for an overnight in AMS. Sidenote- I was extremely happy with the resolution of our problem with the hotel and will gladly continue to use hotels.com.
1 night trip Jun 9, 2014