All hotels in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Avenida Vieira Souto 320, Ipanema, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22420-004, Brazil, ‏‎866-925-8648

4.8
"AWESOME LOCATION"
Ipenmema is the place you want to stay not Copa. Great spot on the beach, awesome rooftop bar.
2 night trip Aug 2, 2015
"Great Place!!!!!"
Excellent hotel in the perfect location so I would recommend it to anybody staying in Ipanema.
1 night trip with friends Jul 18, 2015
Ramiro
It was quite nice and comfortable. The hotel staff were very nice and helpful
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2015
"Would recommend and stay here again!"
Great location, amenities (bar, beach umbrella, chairs, towels), awesome breakfast!
4 night romance trip May 4, 2015
"Must Read!! Front Desk Guy Roger!!"
I recently took a trip to Rio (May 8, 2015), and I stayed at this hotel. I have to say I don't write many reviews, but I had to for this hotel. First the hotel was up to standard and they were under renovation, which shows how committed they are to their clients. Clean hotel, friendly helpful staff that spoke many languages, good Italian restaurant. Hotel is in front of the beach and you get wifi at the beach!!! Pretty awesome!! Overall, it was an awesome hotel in a great location!! NOW FOR ROGER: He works the front desk in the afternoons. He was amazing!! He assisted us in all of our requests in such a manner that left me speechless. He was attentive, patient, courteous, humble, hospitable, and went out of his way to make sure our experience in Rio and Sol Ipanema was more than memorable. I travel frequently abroad and I say with a lot of confidence that Roger is one of a kind. If you go he is your man for any request to expierence the best of Rio. This hotel is lucky to have such a great employee working for them. If you stay ASK FOR ROGER. A true gentleman and professional!! When I return I will book this Hotel again!! Great choice!
Other trip May 13, 2015
Pierre
"Nice location in fun location."
We loved the beach view from the breakfast/dining room and the hotel roof bar! The staff was very helpful and friendly!
Other trip May 10, 2015
Judy
"Excellent Hotel, Prime location"
First time visitor to Rio and thoroughly enjoyed this hotel's proximity to ipanema beach, as well as the restaurants and bars within walking distance.
Other trip May 2, 2015
HB
great location, very helpful staff, terrific experience breakfast is incredibly varied, and if you sit by the windows it's is an amazing view of the beach rooftop is another excellent view of beach and two brothers mountains; pool pretty small
4 night romance trip Apr 7, 2015
Kathryn
"BW+ Sol Ipanema Hotel"
Rio is incredible, and this hotel is great too. The staff is friendly and professional...very accommodating. My stay was truly pleasant and I would return here, without hesitation.
4 night trip Apr 3, 2015
Joseph A.
good! I recommend you take the sea view room! I recommend you take the sea view room! I recommend you take the sea view room! I recommend you take the sea view room!
Other trip Apr 9, 2015
"2nd stay with a few inconveniences"
Stayed here for the 1st time in 1998 on my 1st trip to Rio. Very impressionable, so decided to stay again but this time with family - their first time to Rio. In all, we enjoyed our stay despite inconveniences. It’s hard to summarize in 1500 characters so here are the highlights: Views: Gorgeous with 2 Brothers on one end and Arpoador on the other Comfort: Sufficiently large ocean front with 2Q beds; slightly firm, slept fairly well; temperature hard to regulate. Washcloths not provided as it’s not customary; Room kept clean; Safe; no concerns of theft; Large Dining area with excellent views; Repair work to exterior caused slightly obstructed views & access to roof top pool/bar; Seriously consider adding balconies; Small lobby/bar; Chair & beach towel service was nice Refrigerator: well stocked, reasonable prices In-Room Coffee: Not complimentary; small coffee maker provided but for-purchase coffee; not acceptable for most any upscale hotel. Dining: Rate incl. breakfast buffet of scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, cold cuts, cheeses, toast, cereal, fruit, excellent selection of pastries/breakfast breads. Elevator: Find a more permanent fix for elevator problem; read reviews about the elevator malfunctioning. After we got there we saw it firsthand. It was painful to wait an eternity for an elevator. Stairs not an option when you're on the 13th floor; they have 2 elevators; if 1 is out of commission, everyone else is waiting on the other.
4 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
Tammy
"Not that great"
The neighborhood was great close to all the bars and restaurants. Beach was beautiful but the hotel sucked for $30-$40 more I could have stayed at the JW. Hotel was old and plumbing was so old that our bathroom was flooding. Gym only has two machines and the pool is the size of my bathtub (tiny). Best advice I can give Id don't be cheap and pay a few extra bucks for comfort.
4 night romance trip Mar 19, 2015
jonathan
"Great location on the beach; terrible Internet"
The location is great - right on the beach (well across the street from it, as all of the beachfront hotels are). The staff was very very nice; rooms were fine, although the beach side of the hotel was draped in iron mesh due to constructions (March 2015). My only complaint is their Internet service was slow when it worked, and often didn't work at all. I needed it for work, and so it was a real problem not to have Internet use.
3 night business trip Mar 19, 2015
"Wonderful place to stay"
I had a wonderful stay and I will go back to this hotel and stay anytime I visit. I am not one who normally writes reviews, but this hotel and its staff definitely deserve the kudoz. They are helpful, polite and anything positive you can expect from a hotel staff. It is however a very small hotel, so don't expect a big pool or anything, but the beach is right across the street. Thank you for all your kindness during my stay.
9 night business trip Mar 6, 2015
Maryam
"Overpriced for the quality of the room."
Rooms were small. Elevators were slow. Access to the rooftop for phto's of the sunrise was not available.
Leighton
"Very good hotel, ocean front located."
We enjoy very much our stay in the hotel. We came very early, so we had to wait for the room. The front desk attendants were very kind and thet gave us a fantastic surprise by upgrading our room to one in front of the beach, with a complementary basket of fruits: it was my 70th birthday. We spent with my wife one very happy week in the hotel and enjoy its magnificent breakfasts.
Alberto
"The staff was so nice and accomidating."
Over all--a great stay. Paulo and Debra were particularly nice.
"Truly beachfront"
Accomodated my early arrival right after Carnaval without extra charge
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Blond Guy
Great location right on the beach and near great restaurants. The front desk staff speaks English which was a bonus and they helped us with what our all of our requests. Overall my stay here was good.
3 night romance trip Jan 22, 2015
Lyle
Great staff, great location, great room. The rooftop pool is a bit small and the having only 2 elevators might take a while, i would definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jan 7, 2015
Rodrigo
Excellent location, staff ad facilities. Will return!,
Other trip Dec 21, 2014
Sara
"Great spot on the beach"
Perfect location along Ipanema Beach. Staff was friendly, and very helpful. The room was very well-appointed, and the bed was extremely comfy. Huge free breakfast spread in the morning was a plus. It's definitely pricey, but I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
3 night trip Dec 16, 2014
Christopher
"The best!!!"
Absolutely gorgeous! The best hotel for panoramic views, rooftop lounge/bar/pool, comfortable rooms, great restaurant, prime location in Ipanema and superb service.
Response by Best Western Plus Sol Ipanema Hotel
Dear Guest, On behalf of the BW PLUS Sol Ipanema Hotel, we would like to thank you for the compliments regarding our services during your stay. Best regards, BEST WESTERN PLUS Sol Ipanema Hotel
4 night trip with friends Oct 28, 2014
Renee
"Nice hotel in front of the beach"
I stayed three nights on october 19, the hotel location is very good in front of the beach and in 5 blocks from the metro. A lot of places to eat around and shops. Good breakfast.
Response by Best Western Plus Sol Ipanema Hotel
Dear Rebeca, Thank you for your commets. Your opinion is very important for us. Best regards, BEST WESTERN PLUS Sol Ipanema
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Rebeca
"Great location, great roof deck, nice hotel"
Overall we really liked this hotel. Great location, nice rooms, good service, great roof pool & patio.
6 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Great location!"
Sits right in the heart of my favorite area of Ipanema with great access to beaches, restaurants, and shopping. This was our third stay at the hotel because of the location, easy access to the beaches, and the rooms with complimentary breakfast are great. Unfortunately the staff is never very friendly. For the second straight year, the front desk tried to give us a lesser room than the one we were guaranteed on Expedia. Please make sure if you book this hotel that you take a copy of your reservation - especially if you pay in advance. After a long discussion, both years they did eventually upgrade us to the room we paid for in advance on Expedia.
Other trip Oct 16, 2014
"No view of Rio"
Rio is known for its views. Not from my room. Buffet Bkfst was excellent Other than that a pretty good place to stay
1 night family trip Oct 1, 2014
Ronald
"The location is the only asset"
The room was small and though I had explicitly requested a king bed they gave us two twins. The gym is a joke, the few machines are broken. The pool was frozen cold, hence was always empty.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Ricardo
great location excelent staff very nice clean rooms but to small
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Helpful staff, clean hotel, great location"
The staff was courteous and helpful and spoke very good English. The location can't be beat!
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Nice hotel across from beach"
Great hotel. Rooms away from beach have ugly view. Within walking distance of shops, restaurants, beaches etc.
Other trip May 31, 2014
Great location, very good hotel. Very good breakfast included. Staff are gracious and helpful.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"Definitely the best Best Western!"
Wonderful hotel in Ipanema with outstanding staff and great views from the ocean rooms. I was very impressed with staff and their courteousness. The rooms look recently upgraded with wooden floors and have iPhone docks. Nice breakfast with a view of the beach. The pool is on the roof with a gorgeous view but it's a plunge pool, and the gym is really tiny. Ideal location. I would stay here again. Splurge on the ocean view; it's a very tall hotel with great views and the sound of the ocean waves is wonderful.
3 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Samba
"Great for a day or two in ipanema. Good rooms"
Great for a day or two in ipanema. Beds are good and the cocktails in the pool bar excellent
Other trip Apr 19, 2014
luis
"Nice place to stay in Ipanema"
This was a nice hotel with a decent sized and clean room in an excellent location in Ipanema. Rooftop area has great views, although the pool is a bit small (you should be at the beach anyway). Right across from Posto 9 and a block away from Farme Beach (Posto 8 1/2)
Other trip Apr 16, 2014
"Sol Ipanema"
Overall, I think the stay was pleasant the view of the beach from the hotel was beautiful you can be mesmerize every morning by the view, I was not to impress with the cost of the stay, before coming to the hotel I was staying at a five star in Sao Paulo, and a five star in Bueno Aires after leaving Rio, and the cost of the five star hotels are still cheaper than the stay at Sol Ipanema. The staff overall were friendly on helping me with places to visit.
5 night trip Apr 1, 2014
"First stay at Ipanema - Good"
Good hotel. Service, food, room - all reached expectations. Only thing that didn't was the "pool". This is not a pool but more a small water dip. (approx a 9 X 9 ft square). Don't expect to swim.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2014
"overpriced!"
overpriced , mediocre rooms and service , small bathrooms, you only pay for ipanema beach..
1 night trip Mar 20, 2014
east coast
All the Ipanema area was very nice,the only bad thing was that the city was very dirty because of the carnival.Took them several days to clean,fact that was helped by the rain. I stayed in a 3 person room,one double and one single extra bed,which unfortunately was a bit small, i am 1,75m tall and the end of me feet were out of the bed, probably it was for kids.
Other trip Mar 13, 2014
"very pleased"
we had to cancel a stay there last year and appreciated the hotel's understanding of our cancellation. We were determined to visit Rio this year, and said that we would stay at the Sol Ipanema because of Best Western's response to our situation last year. We were so pleased with the hotel.
4 night trip Feb 17, 2014
"if you have one night in Rio"
breakfast was great very enjoyable stay
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
"Traveres/Riviero"
great location and breakfast...limitted english speaking staff
Other trip Feb 16, 2014
"Excellent location in Ipanema on the beach"
All of the staff was very friendly and helpful except for one or two employees who gave me faulty directions or did not understand me completely. I would have rather they just said "I don't know" or "i don't understand" rather than sending me off on a wild goose chase. Also, be careful before signing up for the tours.
Other trip Dec 10, 2013
Lola
"Nice location, nothing else"
Perfect location on Ipanema but not worth the money. Don't stay on 1st floor since it smells bad because of kitchen downstairs. Also poor internet connection on this floor. Hotel staff not so nice. But the hotel is right in the center of Ipanema. Can't beat the location
Other trip Oct 30, 2013
Memo
"Good location for both taxi and walking"
The hotel is comfortable and clean but the elevator was slow and in repair during my visit. I went to use the stairs one night but the stairwell was not illuminated. The complimentary breakfast buffet was satisfactory. We did not eat lunch or dinner at the hotel because of all the local options.
4 night trip Oct 13, 2013
"Beach stay"
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay in Ipanema, hotel had a great view and front desk and other staff were always helpful. Good value.
4 night trip Sep 19, 2013
Ian
"Great location and service"
The Best Western has great service and very helpful staff. Only minor complaint was the hard towels. Breakfast was really good and the location was perfect. Close to everything in a very nice part of Rio.
1 night trip with friends Sep 4, 2013
"First time in Rio."
We were very pleased with this hotel. The location was great-near station 9 on Ipanema Beach and walking distance just a few blocks to several nice restaurants and places to shop. The buffet breakfasts were excellent. The staff was very helpful and even gave us an early check- in upon arrival. Rich from Illinois
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
Quality of service was very personal & helpful. The front desk & all the employees we met, were very friendly & accommodating. . I enjoyed my stay & look forward to going back.
5 night trip with friends Jul 4, 2013
"Nice hotel close to the beach"
Great experience, great staff, little rooms, great restaurant, normal breakfast
Other trip Jul 8, 2013