All hotels in Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States of America

Ordinary pool
  • Wellness Area
    Sufficient wellness & sports facilities
    Breakfast is average
"Advertised full breakfast didn't exist"
All was good except the breakfast. It was supposed to be from 6am-10am. My family and I arrived at 9am. Every beverage container was almost empty including the coffee. There was white bread and a few biscuits left ( for biscuits and gravy). The room was absolutely filthy. Every empty table had food pieces on it along with spilled beverages. The salt and pepper shakers were empty (or sitting in a pool of food). The chairs were even covered in egg scraps. You could hear a pin drop because I think the people that were sitting in there also couldn't believe the condition of the room or the lack of anything to eat. I was truly disappointed.
1 night family trip Oct 25, 2014
Hotel is worn out. Toilet was not bolted to floor, moved when you used it. Walls in room were dirty, and scraped up. Mini fridge looked like it had been in someone garage before our room. the final straw with the mystery leak in front of the bathroom door, was wet the entire time we were in room. Hotel booked solid because local college homecoming so moving rooms was not an option. Other hotels also sold out.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great room layout."
Staff was really nice.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
"A big waste of money!"
Did not know they were renovating-nothing on website. Room was bad. Holes on walls, ceiling where sprinkler head was. Water did not go down bathroom drain, shower curtain hung too high, moved when shower on and water flowed onto floor. Found a spider in the bathroom sink in the am. Breakfast in the upstairs conference room was awful. No one attending it. Had to wait for milk/juice. No eggs. Hashbrowns barely cooked. Sausage not hot. Would not book a room here again.
1 night family trip Oct 17, 2014
Joan
"Could have been better..."
My wife and I had a room with a king-sized bed. When we walked in, we both noticed right away that the room had a strange odor. Our TV did not work. When I called to notify the front desk of this, I was put on hold for over ten minutes. The front desk worker was eventually helpful in fixing our situation (in his defense, we think he was the only person on duty). The bathroom was not very clean, and the pillows were not very comfortable. The odor also continued to persist, even though we opened windows. This review probably makes the hotel sound worse than it was. It was ok. It was disappointing, though. For the amount we paid, you can find better options in Kalamazoo - and the next time we are in town, we probably will.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
Colonel
"Not hqappy with this one"
To many things wrong. 1st. It was supposed to be a non smoking room but when we go into it, there was cigarette ashes on the floor. 2nd. Tried to go online to look up local dance venues, computer would not connect to internet and second one was not working at all.. 3rd. Ice machine on our floor "Out of "Order" 4th. No phone book in room. 5th. No clean/dry towels in pool area. 6th. No HBO in our room, called front desk and was told "maintenance will be contacted to see what was wrong & why we weren't receiving it. No maintenance person even shows up to even look. 7th. Evening staff at hotel did not very friendly and appear to have been not well trained. Came across as being almost incompetent. Not very happy with this one at all.
1 night trip Sep 27, 2014
Frequent travellers
"Excellent hotel, great people, proper breakfast."
It was great. The workers were so friendly it felt like home.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Close to eating places"
No ice in the ice machine on my floor. Lamp and clock were unplugged.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Expected a bit nicer place for the price."
wasn't bad, but could use a little more cleaning.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
DJ
"Clean, comfortable room"
The room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was wonderful. Just the right amount of firmness. The hotel was under renovation so the makeshift breakfast room was a bit of a mess. Didn't look like anyone was taking care of it and I was there well before the 9:00 cutoff. But it will be beautiful when they're finished and over-all I was happy with the hotel.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Anne
"just ok"
Just okay, stayed before and I thought that it would be okay again. But I won't go back
1 night trip Aug 3, 2014
"Not worth price"
Hotel is dated and the breakfast area was disorganized and messy. Lobby was draped in plastic, but saw no work being done or signs about renovation being done. Beds were comfortable and room was sufficient, although very dated. Water pressure in shower was weak and handle in shower was broken. Hair dryer plug was cracked, which seemed dangerous. The Hotel got the Job Done, but overall impression was Fair to Poor. Not worth price.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Kalamazoo Weekend"
The hotel was under renovations when we were staying. We stayed for one night. My only complaint is that I believe when a business is still open during a renovation phase, then that business should do everything to keep the area as clean as possible. I don't believe that was the case. The breakfast the next morning was so so. The hot water was luke warm, took it back to my room to use the microwave to heat it up, the microwave was unplugged and no where near an outlet. Moved the microwave to the night table. The refrigerator in the room was unplugged, no where near an outlet and the door would not close.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
Lola
"Close to our son's house."
The room was comfortable and the air conditioner worked well. I kept stepping on things on the floor, I don't think it was vacuumed after the last guest. I had a general feeling that the room wasn't clean. The lamp and clock were unplugged, we had to plug them back in. The desk staff wasn't very friendly.
2 night trip May 30, 2014
"Acceptable"
we stayed at this hotel over the Memorial Day weekend it was perfectly located close to where we had to go.the hotel was acceptable enough everyone was friendly the room was clean could use some updating but overall not a bad experience
2 night trip May 25, 2014
"would stay again"
would recommend very good stay
3 night business trip May 22, 2014
"near by to where we had to be"
location was great,pool area needed some work and the bathroom could be cleaner and the coffee pot in my room didn't work but overall it was just OK
3 night trip Mar 17, 2014
Good value
1 night business trip Mar 8, 2014
"Was nice other than the weird Housekeeper"
We enjoyed our room for V-Day!! We was unsure of the check out time so we asked a housekeeper that was in the hallway. So when we arrived home my husband checked his Facebook Page and the same housekeeper that he DID NOT KNOW!!! Requested him as a friend We thought that was really weird.
1 night trip Feb 14, 2014
Coleman's
"Jacuzzi room"
We enjoyed our stay here! Older hotel but very reasonably priced.. Room was clean and staff was very nice. Will be going back
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
Rosales
"Not the Best"
Hotel is in the middle of a make over.Our room had been painted, but the carpet was dirty and had paint splothes on it. The breakfast was below standard. We got there @ 9am and the French toast was luke warm, no meat and the apple juice was terrible. Tasted like it had been diluted. Room temp. never got over 70f, even tho heater ran continuously. They should do their guests a favor and shut down and finish the renovations.
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
Older Hotel. Front Desk Staff AMAZING!!
1 night trip Jan 22, 2014
Enjoyed it very much. The hotel was very clean and everyone that works there is very helpful. They have a very nice breakfast buffet and also have a computer with Internet in the lobby for guests to use. They have a pool and hot tub also. Their rates are also very reasonable. It is just off I-94 so it is very convenient.
1 night trip Jan 23, 2014
Sandy
"very nice"
Everyone is very nice, the rooms are clean and they are very accommadating at this hotel
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2014
Morriss
"had a great time!"
I had a really good time at this hotel, it was a great get away weekend for me! the breakfast was good too :) I would love to get a free night here!! or a free weekend!
1 night trip Jan 12, 2014
Cheyenne
"Close to Bronson Hospital"
Stayed there three nights while my wife was in Bronson hospital. Except for the first night when it took quite a while for the room to warm up (it was during the polar express storm) I thought everything was excellent.
Other trip Jan 12, 2014
It was very nice and comfortable.
3 night trip Jan 5, 2014
Was not a pleasant stay at all.
2 night trip Dec 2, 2013
"Close to Highway, Great Breakfast, Helpful staff"
The title says it all! I had a great experience. Not fancy, but friendly, and were happy to let us have a dog there (for a small fee).
1 night family trip Dec 30, 2013
"power outage stay"
My family stayed at the Best Western because of a power outage at my house for 3 days. It was a nice stay. We felt like we were on a mini vacation!
2 night trip Dec 24, 2013
Sherri
"Very nice hotel"
Rooms and hallways were very clean. The breakfast was nice. Very satisfied.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2013
"A slight turn off"
Actually it was a very good stay. The room was clean other than a dirty, wet washcloth on the sink that the cleaning crew forgot to grab. We did report it. They offered us a different room. We told them that the room was fine, just come get the nasty rag, which they did. Other than that, it was aces.
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
Jeni
"No hot water"
Are you kidding me? There was NO hot water for a shower in the morning and they knew about it the night before (or so they said). They couldn't get a hold of the maintenance person..... I didn't even get an "I'M SORRY' The manager just laughed at the fact that the maintenance person wasn't answering their phone. WON'T STAY THERE AGAIN.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2013
Kristin
"Happy with our stay"
The hotel is a bit dated, but everything in our room was in good working order. Our room was very clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. The free breakfast, pool, and convenient location to many parts of Kalamazoo made it a good place for our family to stay.
4 night family trip Nov 27, 2013
Mike W.
"A very comfortable stay."
During a recent power outage in our community, we needed somewhere to warm up and relax. This hotel turned out to be a perfect choice.
Other trip Nov 20, 2013
"Clean, Comfortable"
The bed was comfortable enough to sleep well through the night. The hotel was quiet so we weren't awakened. Clean with nice furnishings.
1 night family trip Nov 9, 2013
The place hasn't been updated in what looks like 40 years, but the room was clean, the premises kept orderly, and the desk clerks were friendly.
2 night trip Nov 1, 2013
Terri
The room was spacious and comfortable for the price. The pool was not open because of maintenance. The breakfast was fine. The maid service was spotty. Could have been better. For the price, it was fine. It was right off the highway and there were a few restaurants nearby.Most of the help was quite pleasant and helpful.
6 night trip Oct 16, 2013
Met our needs. Very comfy beds! Clean and cozy. Local restaurants good. Conveniently located. Breakfast marginal.
1 night trip Oct 18, 2013
"Easy access from highway"
Room was clean and staff friendly. Breakfast was good but had to eat in our room since the room where it was served was very small.
1 night trip Oct 12, 2013
Hotel Guests
"Our trip to visit old haunts .......Fond Memories"
Very friendly and accommodating reception desk personnel. Room and beds very clean and comfortable. "A good bang for the buck!"
Other trip Oct 18, 2013
Paul & Juli
"one night stay review"
Just a quick one night stay - needed a place to sleep and a shower. Hotel was a fair rate for the accommodations.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Parent Weekend stay"
Hotel was somewhat of a distance from WMU but it was clean and the front desk staff was extremely pleasant. Would recommend.
Other trip Oct 14, 2013
"Centrally located for our itenerary"
Hotel staff was very helpful and suggestions were great. Missing towels were replaced in minutes. Breakfast selection was good, but can do without Trix yogurt. How about something without so much sugar? Tables need to be level to prevent spills. Witnessed this several times. Overall a good experience. All staff seemed friendly and wanting to be helpful.
4 night family trip Oct 8, 2013
Sam
"they were very nice and helpful it was a fun stay"
The pool and hot tub were great. The breakfast was very good. The people were friendly. We will tell our family and friends.
1 night trip Oct 1, 2013
Melisa
"Front desk staff were so unhelpful!"
Apparently the hotel did not properly get the Expedia reservation. Then when the elderly woman I booked the room for tried to check in, the hotel staff did nothing to try and help her or retrieve her information. She sat there and waited with no help!
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
"Friendly staff but so-so hotel."
The pictures didn't seem to reflect the actual hotel. I'm wondering if the website shows a different Best Western. The guy at the front desk was very nice. The room seemed a bit shabby, carpet didn't feel vacuumed. There was no bottled water in the vending machine nor at the front desk. It's ok if you're just going for one night and don't plan to spend time there.
1 night trip Sep 30, 2013
Spent one night was very satisfied. stay here when in town to play golf
1 night trip Sep 6, 2013
J. Bridgforth
"Easy on/off to I-94"
Enjoyed our night here in Kalamazoo. Comfortable and quiet room, appreciated the pool/hot tub after a day on the road. Also appreciate breakfast included before departure.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
D and M
"Good mid-range price hotel."
Room was good, hotel staff friendly. Only thing I didn't like was low flow shower head.
2 night business trip Sep 16, 2013