All hotels in Muskegon, Michigan, United States of America

2.3
    2.1
    1.5
    2.4
The first floor, where my room was located, was tidy. The staff who greeted me was quite pleasant. The room itself was alright as long as you didn't look behind thing, where there was a collection of trash. On either side of the bed was an end-table with a lamp, and behind one table was the clock, so three plugs. Behind the bed there were two outlets for those three plugs. Ice machine was up stairs on 2nd and 3rd floor. Water dripping from the ceiling, damp carpets from the rooms sat out in the hall and a rather creepy, The Shinning-esque vibe greets you on the 2nd floor. Good for a short night stop, but I wouldn't stay there much longer than that.
"Awful!"
50 characters wouldn't be long enough! Beds were so awful we may as well just slept on the floor. Hair all over the inside of the shower. Dirty.... Dreary and not an enjoyable stay at all!
Other trip Aug 1, 2014
a mother
"Good Hotel for Price......Excellent Staff!"
Staff was very polite and helpful. Breakfast was good. Room needed a little tlc.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
"Terrible"
Never go to this hotel very dirty smells bad Never u gen be happy left the room in 10 mint I run to another hotelb
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
"Not yet read for prime time..."
this hotel has seen better days, they were a little disorganized and I would note...the parking lot was flooded with pools of water. the front of the hotel looks deserted because it is. The night staff that checked us in seemed confused. We were given two rooms separated by many rooms. My family is big so we wanted two rooms together. He said it was not possible. However, when we found our room was not working for us as it had water damage by the air conditioner unit he did managed to find two other rooms together...this was after I asked him twenty questions...such as how many rooms does this hotel have? his answer was 400. So I asked how many people were currently staying and he said 14! So I asked why can't we have two better rooms together...and we ended up with that finally. The rooms all have some minor damage...stuff you would not see in other hotels, like parts of the furniture missing and writing on the seat cushions...the night staff told me they had a hard time getting good cleaning people...hard to imagine in a slightly depressed city like Muskegon. I also asked about breakfast and was told they did not offer it... the next afternoon I spoke with the manager Steve and he told me they did have breakfast! So I was surprised by that...but the next morning at 6;15 I went down and there was no breakfast...I went to Brooklyn Begal shop next door which was great! My advice...give this place some time and try them in a year but not right now.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
Terry
"Not a good hotel,bad neighbor hood."
Are stay was a horrible experience, the hotel is in a bad neighbor hood, the room was nasty mold in the bathroom and next to the bed, fridge was gross had nasty food in it, took the kids to the pool and ot was just as bad a child had thrown up and no one bothered to clean it out of the pool or off the floor. I would not recommend my worst enemy to stay at this hotel.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
crystal
The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The Wi-Fi was weak so I wasn't able to use it. It was easy to get to the beach and had a few restaurants near it. It looks like it needs a little more TLC.
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
kay
"Hotel Needs Major Work"
Pros--The sheets were clean, the sink and bathtub were clean, and the refrigerator and air conditioning worked. The room was $110 a night cheaper than the Holiday Inn in downtown Muskegon. Cons--There was no cold water in the sink. (The faucet just spun around.) There was no shower curtain and no ice bucket. The coffee pot was broken. There was no mattress pad, just a thin sheet over the mattress. The box springs were showing. (They were not covered by a bed skirt.) The light over the bed didn't work. The carpet and furniture were old, worn, and in need of a good cleaning.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
"My Review"
The rooms were disgusting there was dirt underneath the bed and behind the TV stands. All but two of the lamps did not work. The housekeeper didn't clean our room. The mattresses were filthy and our breakfast was really dessert. No one eats Donuts and juice for breakfast. The reason I chose to stay there is because those rooms were the only rooms that were available for my trip.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Meka
"Uh Yuck"
Do NOT book this hotel! It was dirty, moldy and our toilet wouldn't flush, the pillow cases had yellow stains and the pillows were flat. The windows were slimy and the carpet filthy. Disgusting. That place needs to be shut down or at least change it's name to FAILURE INN. Gross.
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Brandy
"Would have been better to sleep in my car"
We would sleep in our car before we would ever stay at this hotel!! Payed way to much for such terrible room beds so hard felt like was sleeping on concrete, I've thrown away better t.v.'s then was in the room. There was food in the fridge for god only knows how long.
1 night family trip Jul 19, 2014
Heidi
"Old and not very clean"
Continental breakfast was a joke. Sheets and blankets were clean but stained. Pool was over chlorinated. Elavator worked about half the time. Just not recommendable.
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
james
Took 3 rooms to get one.they were all dirty. Staff or someone opened and closed the door to our room while we where in there. At 6:00 AM one of the staff knocked on the door and wanted to know who the person was that signed for the room. Rooms were over priced for the quality and the service you got.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
The rooms were to dirty and they switch my room every day every time when I go out and when I come back my they have to put me in nother room
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Rade Spasovski
When we arrived we couldn`t check in because (more issues than they cared to share including reservation issues for most) the room was not ready. Several hours later we were permitted to enter our room. We were on the 3rd floor. The room had just been cleaned and was ok. The mattresses were fairly new and we slept ok. Tv remote did not work. Shower/bathtub was a super slow drain. No wifi.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
L&J
"believe the reviews"
Worst hotel I have seen in 30 years of traveing. Believe all of the poor reviews I thought that it could not be that bad, I was wrong. Bathrooms were filthy, toilet leaked on floor, shower was dirty, chairs stained etc, just as the other poor reviews stated. There is no pride of ownership at this facilty. Door locks were broke and did not feel safe staying here and left after an hour and continued drive home. Pictures of rooms are most likly from when hotel was new, not even close to current conditions
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
"Good thing was only price"
Pathetic rooms and service. Our room was alloyed to other family as well. Breakfast was all gone at 9am, and had to wait for 30 mins to get bread and coffee at breakfast. Stay away if you can.
1 night business trip Jul 3, 2014
Sam
"Run down"
I was very nervous staying the night there but we arrived late and it was a holiday so I stayed. The place was very run down and staff NOT friendly at all. I ran out if there and won't go back. It was cheap for a reason...
Other trip Jul 5, 2014
"Not as bad as some reviews scared me"
Our room was fine. Beds were comfortable and the room was pretty clean, I think. I didn't have any soap and called the front desk. They were very helpful and had someone bring soap right away. Front desk was very nice when checking in also. My concern was after we checked in, there were protesters outside along the street with signs that said there is mold at the hotel. I didn't see any in my room, but it made me feel a little uncomfortable thinking about it in my room.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
"Filthy !!!!"
Mold in bathroom; Cobwebs in closet; Wrote "Clean Me" on the dust on the mirror; two light bulbs missing; stains on bedspread; had to have mgmt change dirty sheets. This place was horrible !!!!!
Other trip Jul 1, 2014
"Horrible!"
Toilets did not flush, elevator was spotty at best, picketers outside holding up signs of black mold in the rooms. Took almost 20 minutes to check in. We stayed for about an hour and left! It was the worst place we've ever stayed!! Beware!!!
1 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"MOULDY ALL AROUND ESPECIALLY IN BATHROOM!"
THE STAFF AT FRONT DESK IS WORTHLESS AND OF NO HELP!
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Comfortable beds"
STAY was great , however New MANAGER is on the move. They are trying to do everything possible to accommodate all guest. We stayed three days, no problems at hotel during our stay. ITS a older hotel that has changed hands but it is in a great neighborhood wait until next year this time an everything should be great. And the pool was wonderful.
3 night romance trip Jun 19, 2014
Big Mama
"Hostel"
If you would like to stay in a hostel this is your hotel. There were ex employees picketing outside the residence. The floors, chairs, walls, elevator and tub were so filthy. This was not a hotel for any human to ever stay in...the person at the front took forever to check us in..
Other trip Jun 24, 2014
gg
"I think they are trying"
The hotel was fairly dirty etc. but it appears that they are trying to clean up the place. Our room reeked of smoke but the sign in the lobby stated that local ordinances have prohibited smoking in the rooms since 2010. There were numerous cigarette burn holes in the drapes as well. The pool also had way too much chlorine in it. It burned my daughters eyes badly. The hotel was very inexpensive and that was the deciding factor on our stay there.
1 night trip Jun 16, 2014
We changed rooms 2 times before we got a room that was clean and didn't smell horrible. They said that the rooms had wifi however our room didn't have any wifi. The bed sheets were ripped and the AC was really loud. The only plus was that the staff was really nice.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
"Not even for a night"
Pool was disgusting, room was barely clean to a pigs standards, there was an awful smell.
Other trip Jun 12, 2014
"Can not beat the value."
Check in was 4PM so I just relaxed at a near by park until then. My room was perfect. It had everything I needed(fridge, clean bathroom, comfortable bed, TV) This was the best hotel I have ever stayed at for the money. Rough neighborhood a couple streets over, but I walked to the nearby fast food restaurant with no concerns, Other hotels are three times as much. No complaints and slept very well with NO noise. Thanks
Other trip Jun 1, 2014
"Last Resort"
Right on the edge of "bad" area of town. Weekdays not bad but weekend was scary. Loud music, partying, people coming and going blocking exit doors. Felt like a prisoner in my room. Did not feel safe. Asked staff to lock back door as it was propped open, she refused. Some staff friendly others not so much. Room was suitable but nasty old potato chips under mattress. Needs updated safety measures and staff.
Other trip May 20, 2014
"Do NOT stay at Victory Inn"
Dingy lobby, rude staff and filthy room. I prepaid via Expedia when I booked the room. It is in a nice area of town near my Aunt's home. I did not check in, it looked so bad I asked to see a room. The room had a filthy carpet (was matted and looked greasy). The bed spread had a stain on it and a hole in the middle of the stain. I asked for a nicer room and was told that was the nicest. Since I was prepaid they said they could not refund my money - I would have to get a refund from Expedia. I paid for the room so I have a right to complain. A place that filthy should not be allowed to operate. Expedia should not even list it as a option. Avoid this hotel.
Other trip May 15, 2014
mark
"Terrible hotel"
One word....the experience was terrible. if u r staying with family. please stay away. You get the lowest rate...now i know why.
Other trip May 12, 2014
"You get what you paid for"
One there is no Free breakfast unless you are up at 900 a.m and I did not find this out til check out no one tells you when you check in that you have to come down stairs for the breakfast which is cereal!!!! i do not think they know what continental is...But other then the free breakfast issue it was pretty decent now there are stains in the blanket looks like someone spilled juice. The bathroom is a closet but it is a bathroom. There is a fridge and microwave free wifi and chilled environment which me and my husband liked. The pool was opened and people were in but we were only there a night to attend something in town.
Other trip Apr 28, 2014
Anonymous
"Avoid if you can"
Very disappointed in the hotel. Between the lipstick stains and cigarette holes in the comforter on the bed to the yellow stained curtains, obvious water damage in the bath room, the bed falling apart, and broken glass in the parking lot, it was by far the worst hotel I have ever been too. We spent about an hour in the hotel before we just left and went to a different hotel all together.
1 night trip with friends Apr 18, 2014
"Do not stay here."
The Pool has been under renovation for over two years, Mold in the Shower, Wet roof above windows, All Ice Makers were out of order. Maybe 5 other rooms were occupied, I don't see this place being open in the near future.
1 night trip Feb 15, 2014
"uggh"
For 68 bucks it was a place to sleep, but that's it. Breakfast buffet consisted of 2 milks for whole hotel, half gallon if oj. Just a dive
1 night trip Feb 7, 2014
dave
"Dirty!"
Our room wasn't bad but it was very dirty! There was inches dust on the floor by the lamps. the bath was very dirty. i took a wash clothe and wiped out the corners on the bathroom sink and the wash clothe was literally black. I showed the front desk clerk and she didn't seem to care.
1 night trip Nov 30, 2013
A Victory Inn
"undesirable"
Upon initial arrivial the establishment looked very inviting from the appearance of the lobby but thats as far as it went , there was stain in the toilet, the water drained very slowly in the face bowl, the bathtub needed serious attention the bath mat was deploreable, the grout was discolored, the wallpaper was pulling away from the wall by the window , the heating/cooling unit was noisy, i want be staying there again.
4 night business trip Oct 17, 2013
"Close to Michigan Adventure"
It was fun to get away with some friends, the hotel was nice.
1 night trip with friends Aug 18, 2013
"It'll do"
Rooms are clean, beds are clean, everything worked. Hotel staff is hard to find never being at the front desk and when you do find them you are interrupting their smoke break.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2013
"go somewhere else!! waste of money for the price!"
The room was hot even with the AC on. There was mold in the shower and the elevator was broke so we had to go up four floors. The place looked like a dump. I'm not picky usually but this place sucked for the price! They should of charged me a lot cheaper than what they did.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2013
It appeared hotel was going through a transition, once this is done should be a great hotel.
2 night business trip Sep 3, 2013
"Need a place to stay... for a night... Last Resort"
Bathroom was not clean- I would not even use the shower! Had an odor that one could notice as you walked in the door. Pool- not working. Elevator - not working Ice machine not working. Didn't even attempt the Breakfast. Will not stay again.! NOT WORTH THE PRICE!
Other trip Sep 4, 2013
""no pool, no elevator, no smoking, no partying""
That was the first thing the unprofessional receptionist announced to me as I checked in. That spoke volumes for what to expect on our 1 night stay (thankfully). Fortunately our room was on the first floor. The "WIFI" is in the lobby only and not one guest could get their device to connect. Our room's entry light switch didn't work. The room was extremely musty. The chairs were stained. The lampshade had a burn from the light bulb on it. There were countless cigarette burn marks throughout (sink, furniture, etc). The sheets were frayed to the point of dime size holes. A great deal of mold was in the grout of the tub. My children were scared. We made it "camping" and got the heck out first thing in the morning. I have learned from this experience not to save a buck when it homes to lodging. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Terrible place. Rude staff"
Dirty , filthy rooms with the most uncooperative and rude staff
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"last 30 yers I m travling this as warse hotel"
this hotel as warse room elevater not working this hotel as not two star my self travel a lot
Other trip Sep 2, 2013
malik
"ok but not great"
Staff not super friendly but will acknowledge you. Maybe it was bad timing on my part but a lot of things where not functional at this hotel. The pool was getting fixed and the elevator was out of service, luckily we were on the 1st floor, but the ice machine on our floor was broke as well. I just think they could have fixed a few things. Maybe these things just broke the day we got there but I doubt it; we where there on a Monday.
1 night romance trip Aug 26, 2013
"Beauty is only skin deep"
Hotel is in a horrible location, overpriced, room was filthy had cigarette butts on floor behind bed, smelled terrible, employees were rude, very unsatisifed!!!!!!
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Fred
"A Total Rat Trap!"
The hotel was a dump. The elevator was broken and looked as though it had been for some time. Great fun to check in and then lug your bags up 3 flights! The pool was closed for remodel? There was no remodeling going on the whole time we were there! Two of the four lamps in our room didn't work. The bathroom was so small, I could have showered and used the toilet at the same time. It was so bad that my kids and I talked about sleeping in our van!
Other trip Aug 28, 2013
"okay"
We arrived to find the hotel under renovation. The hotel is very old: Elevators, pool and other venues were not available. Breakfast was less than average.
Other trip Aug 26, 2013
"Worst ever"
Filthy. Moldy ring in toilet, rusty tub w/ drain missing. Elevator and pool out of order. Scary place, didn't feel safe. Broken lock on door. Broken ice machines. Awful breakfast! Worst hotel ever!!! Stained carpets peeling paint etc.
Other trip Aug 25, 2013