All hotels in Helen, Georgia, United States of America

While the location was fairly close to downtown, the room was a disappointment. There was mold/mildew in the bathroom and the entire room itself felt damp. The table was sticky and had ants on it. Although the bed was somewhat comfortable, it was hard to rest when it sounded like the "neighbors" above us were running a marathon in their room. We just expected a better experience after paying so much for one nights stay!
1 night romance trip Jul 18, 2015
pretty Good- Just take care of the FLIES. Flies in the Room and Flies in the Breakfast area, not Good. Everything else was fine, and Help was Courteous.
1 night romance trip Jul 16, 2015
mark
"Fun in Helen"
Clean Rooms, Good Breakfast & fine location
2 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Mid-Week Stay"
Our stay was great however there were a few issues. The a/c was terribly loud in the room and the beds were not stable. Each time someone moved the bed would move in turn waking the other person up. It seemed like the bed frames needed to either be tightened or replaced with something more sturdy. It would be nice if the hotel would offer ear plugs in the room or at the desk for guests. The hotel was very accommodating to our needs and everyone seemed very helpful. It was close to a nice restaurant Big Daddy's that had a good mixture of food. It was walking distance to mini-golf and to downtown Helen. We would definitely stay here again. Btw, they are in the midst of a remodel. We stayed in a room that was redone and we had fresh carpet and nice chairs to sit in.
3 night family trip Jun 24, 2015
Angela
"Steer clear."
This is a very run down motel that had the only available room in town the night I needed. Location is good- within walking distance to the tourist area. However, while checking in a roach crawled on the wall behind the front desk. I told the receptionist who called a maintenance person to deal with it. Needless to say, I was disgusted. I had no other choice but to stay as I wasn't going to sleep in my car. The room itself was very dark and although the bed was comfortable, the room had the overpowering smell of bleach. The hotel offers breakfast, but after the roach incident- which occurred 10 feet from where they served breakfast- there was no way I was eating there. I will never again stay at a Best Western. Cannot believe I payed so much for such a dump.
1 night family trip Jun 20, 2015
Marida
"Great hotel for your family!"
The customer service was truly great! The breakfast bar in the morning, as well as the coffee and snacks available all day were really nice. The room was clean and comfortable. Overall the hotel was quiet, considering it was in a very busy, family vacation area. The AC in the room cooled (sort of). It was very humid in the room even with the AC on. I don't know what the problem was, because it was "working", but it just wasn't comfortable and we had some difficulty sleeping because of the issues with the AC.
2 night romance trip Jun 5, 2015
Dale
"great hotel"
Had a great time. Hotel room was very clean and nice. The room was much larger than I was expected. Breakfast was very good. I would come recommend and come back.
1 night trip with friends Jun 5, 2015
Denise
"Good Hotel"
I went to Helen, GA with my mom and my 2 kids. We had an awesome 3 days vacation. It was our first time going to tubing and water park. Water park/Tubing are 5 minutes driving from this Hotel and 5 minutes from the downtown. I guess we could it walk to both places. If I had to stay in Helen I will choose this hotel again... Night average was $162 which is kind of expensive. Pool was not ready at that time, and its half size of the one shown in the pictures.
2 night family trip May 24, 2015
Thelma
"right across the street from the river"
Cheaper than the beach on memorial day weekend, but you are still paying a premium for the location within walking distance of the bars, restaurants, and shops in downtown Helen. Also, we used the green tubing company which was right behind the hotel.
1 night romance trip May 23, 2015
"Displeased to the max"
Was very displeased with the facility itself. The room smelled terrible moldy and was very stuffy the air did not work properly and the pool was down we were not told this upon reservation. However the staff was extremely nice and accomidated us nicely for the bad room !
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
nancy
"NICE ROOMS!!"
IT WAS VERY WONDERFUL PEACEFUL AND BED WAS AWESOME, SO WAS THE RELAXING JAQUZZI....JUST WENT UP TO GO FOR SMALL QUICK GET AWAY
1 night romance trip May 13, 2015
kathleen
"nice stay"
Stayed here for 3 nights for our wedding and was very impressed. We chose the king room with a balcony and were surprised by the good size of the room. Everything was clean and comfortable. Only con is that we had to go back to the lobby to get sheets for the sofa bed since they wouldn't bring them to us, but otherwise the staff was very helpful. I would definitely recommend.
4 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Deirdre
"Helen GA"
Nice room friendly staff
2 night romance trip May 8, 2015
Tony
"fun"
Very convenient to town. Pleasant sitting balcony and quiet!
1 night trip May 2, 2015
"Nice little getaway to a clean hotel."
Hotel is great. Room is clean. Breakfast in the morning was a full buffet including waffles. The only thing I didn't like was the bed. Very soft and lumpy. toher than that it's a great location for Helen.
1 night romance trip May 2, 2015
Adam
Walking distance to everything, & breakfast was great and a large variety! Rooms were very nice and clean.
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Nice, comfortable accomodations"
My wife and I stayed in a nice, comfortable king suite which offered plenty of room, a balcony and gas fire place. The hot breakfast was very satisfying with eggs, sausage, ham, biscuits, gravy, etc. The perfect way to start the day of sight seeing, hiking, walking and shopping. Most attractions are very close with many within a short 5-10 mile drive. Definitely looking forward to our next trip to Helen and our stay at the Best Western Plus Riverpark Inn & Conf. Center.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
"Comfortable, Clean Hotel"
The hotel is nice and clean. Its in a great location next to a good restaraunt. Also, right next to the river.
Other trip Apr 13, 2015
Chase
"Nice stay for price!"
We had a great mini vacation!
2 night romance trip Apr 6, 2015
Tina
"Fantastic hotel"
Stayed in a king suite with hit tub. I was astonished over how clean the tub was and it was in perfect working order. Room was very big with a very comfy bed. Staff was so nice. Definitely will be staying here again.
Other trip Apr 6, 2015
Juniper
"Right in Helen, beautiful park and river behind."
Joan was the highlight of our stay. Prompt check-in and very helpful. Even at 4 AM in the morning.
Other trip Apr 2, 2015
"What a night"
The washer equipment on the side needs to be removed. The restaurant Big Daddy served some delicious food but they also partied well into the night which interrupted my sleep. Other than that everything was fine
1 night family trip Mar 21, 2015
"Weekend getaway"
This is a good case of not judging a book by it's cover. From the outside it looked old but when you get to the room it's very clean and modern. The bed was comfortable I slept like a log on the matress. The service at the front desk was great.
1 night romance trip Mar 14, 2015
"Wonderful Stay"
We went for a weekend to see my son for his birthday. And it was awesome. Check-in was a breeze, room was clean. No problems what so ever. Will go and stay again soon.
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Deanna
"German Getaway"
Nice little quiet hotel. Good breakfast but no internet in the room.
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
Timothy Craig
"Above-standard, best continental breakfast."
This is a nice hotel, certainly not a luxury hotel by any means, but just great for the price. We paid extra to have a room with a hot tub, which was fun. A bit of a chlorine smell, but it was reassuringly clean. The bed is comfortable. There was a fireplace in the room, which was super cool! The refrigerator and microwave were a plus. The continental breakfast was GREAT! Four kinds of cereal, fresh milk, coffee, eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, juice, various pastries. Lovely! Well within walking distance to the main stretch of Helen.
Other trip Mar 10, 2015
"I enjoyed staying at this hotel."
The staff was very nice. The room was clean. The room was really nice for the price. This will be my choice the next time I come back to Helen Ga.
Other trip Mar 3, 2015
I clean houses.
"Weekend Getaway"
We spent a weekend away and it was wonderful. The room was clean and spacious. We definitely will stay here again.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
Deborah
"Satisfactory lodging"
We particularly liked the breakfast, although I would have enjoyed some bacon. I might add that there was plenty of ham and sausage which was very good! The beds were great - very good mattresses. BUT, the floors had not been cleaned thoroughly as there was a piece of food in one corner when we arrived!
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
wayne
"Valentine getaway"
My wife and I drove up from the Atlanta area Friday night. Hotel was clean,nicely furnished, quiet. Slept well. Saw Christmas lights still up in Helen Friday night, in Feb. Nice surprise! Very good breakfast, much variety. Only wish they had a big pot of grits, we're in south after all. LOL. Will stay there again. Very good experience!
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Recent Trip to BW"
Had a lovely time on this short trip to Helen with the family;enjoyed LaCabana Mexican Restaurant.
Kenley
"Our anniversary trip!"
Everyone was courteous and very helpful when asked questions. We enjoyed the balcony very much. It was nice sitting on the sofa instead of the bed while watching TV. Breakfast was excellent. Our room was not the cleanest. Under the furniture needs to be cleaned under very badly. The location was perfect. Easy access to downtown and out of town.
3 night romance trip Dec 28, 2014
Irene
"Wonderful family get-a-way"
Wonderful staff - friendly and helpful. LARGE rooms with queens beds, good bedding and pillows. Big breakfast buffet included as well as snacks available throughout the day. Family friendly atmosphere.
"Girls' Getaway"
The room was nice and roomy. It was ready when we arrived at the hotel. The breakfast seemed quite sad the first morning. There was no juice, milk or yogurt. They seemed to be out of most of their supplies for breakfast. We didn't even make a visit to breakfast the next morning. The housecleaning staff were super sweet! We came back while they were cleaning our room, and they chatted with us giving us some ideas for places to go for lunch. Very nice ladies!
2 night family trip Dec 29, 2014
"Well worth the money! Best place in town."
Cleanest place I've ever stayed. Very accommondating. Love the fire place in the lobby! It was so relaxing sitting there watching the fire. Looking forward to returning.
2 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
Dianna
"Couples retreat"
A very nice relaxing time away was spent at a very centralized and clean hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was great! Definitely would stay here again.
3 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Regina
"Decent Hotel"
We stayed for two nights. The hotel is ok. Receptionist was friendly and helpful in answering our questions. The building and the interior of the room looks old. The room was clean and roomy. The bed and air condition were not very comfortable. The air unit was very loud. The area feels safe. Walking distance to the center of Helen.
2 night trip with friends Dec 20, 2014
An
"Is it clean yet!"
Very slow cleaning our room.
2 night trip with friends Sep 26, 2014
Bonnie
"Comfortable night"
Very spacious room with comfortable beds and great pillows! Breakfast was good, too.
1 night trip Dec 16, 2014
"Consistent excellence"
Second stay with this hotel. Same great service.
1 night trip Jul 15, 2014
"Greattrip2014"
Great stay! Very comfortable beds! Convenient to town. Will be back
2 night romance trip Dec 5, 2014
"great"
very nice
1 night family trip Nov 29, 2014
Very nice and spacious room was perfect for our sister get-together.
3 night family trip Nov 26, 2014
Elisabeth
This hotel was ok . Nothing wonderful. Clean, a little dated but definitely decent for the price.
Other trip Nov 28, 2014
"Great service and clean all the way around!"
Just stayed for a quick night...great rate for one night $65 total. ...breakfast was a full breakfast and they had milk juice and cookies available 24 hours a day! Staff was very friendly.
1 night family trip Nov 23, 2014
Emelita
"Door handle broke. Every thing else was fine"
Night staff at check in very friendly. Gave us a great welcome.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Great vacation - Great Service - Excellent Hotel"
Everyone from the front desk staff, to the cleaning staff, to the breakfast staff...were all very cordial and accommodating. We went during the week of Nov 8 - Nov 11 and had a wonderful experience. The breakfast buffet was even better than we expected and the hot coffee throughout the day was a nice surprise. We had excellent service and the rooms were clean, neat and fairly priced. It wasn't the Ritz-Carlton, but it was perfect for our family get-away. We will definitely recommend to our friends and family.
DLQ
"Perfect hotel in Helen! Exceeded my expectations"
This was the perfect hotel for our weekend getaway. Very well priced and very nice place. Walking distance to restaurants and shops. They had a fabulous breakfast buffet with more selection than a typical continental breakfast. Very comfortable beds and large room and bathroom. We will definitely stay there again when we come back for another VIP Wine Tour. Very satisfied!! Exceeded my expectations.
"Wonderful Stay!"
Extremely nice staff, very hospitable, and extremely informative!
1 night romance trip Nov 13, 2014
Russell
"Clean hotel"
Nice hotel, up to date. Friendly staff. My husband has a bad back, so the bed was too soft for him. We are use to a firmer matress. Overall, a great visit!
Other trip Nov 17, 2014