All hotels in Santa Cruz, California, United States of America
500 Ocean St, Santa Cruz, CA, 95060, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Wedding."
Loved the waffle and bacon. Easy walk downtown.
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
gilbert
"twinsly"
This was my first time staying the night in Santa Cruz and it was a good stay. Ashley, the front desk gal was very nice. The room was clean. My only complaint was, the pull out bed was not very comfortable and that was where my daughter slept. Love the natural light that comes into the restroom from the sky light window. We will definitely stay there again.
1 night family trip May 9, 2015
mai
"Nice place close to everything needed."
Better than expected ! Staff went out of way for our disabilities.
Other trip May 11, 2015
cruznative
"A nice hotel in Santa Cruz"
Clean and comfortable. We would stay there again.
1 night family trip May 8, 2015
James D
"Up to par"
Came from Fresno. Left happy. Had everything plus more. Even asked for a later check out time and she granted it to me. Awesome.
1 night trip with friends May 1, 2015
Silverio
Convenient location, nice rooms, quiet stay. The hotel is a 10 minute walk to the beach and it is surrounded by nice restaurants. If I went back to Santa Cruz I would stay there again.
Other trip May 5, 2015
CollegeTravelor
"Another IRIE stay"
Always stay here when in Rastacruz...Best staff,clean Big rooms...Very Irie breakfast I WILL BE BACK.
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Val
"1 night stay"
Overall decent. Bed was uncomfortable and air conditioning unit in bedroom didn't work.
1 night family trip Apr 23, 2015
"Happy staying"
Great service. A convenient location.
2 night family trip Apr 11, 2015
Alan
"Great Suite!"
There are a lot of questionable hotels in Santa Cruz but this one is a winner! The front desk folks were very professional and attentive. The room was spacious, clean and updated. We used the hot tub and the sauna (there is no pool) - both very nice, clean and well-maintained. Free breakfast was very nice - waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, bagels, muffins. Between the hotel and the beach there is a pretty dicey neighborhood but right around the hotel is okay. It's really too far to walk to the beach and/or Boardwalk anyway. If you go to the Boardwalk don't miss the historic Carousel with a brass ring grab.
2 night family trip Apr 7, 2015
"Okay for a nite"
Room was nice but there were no windows in our suite. When we returned late at nite, there was no parking space! Had to squeeze into a non parking place and ask security if I could park there. They let me but I didn't feel that my car was that secure
Other trip Apr 12, 2015
patti
"Comfortable and Clean"
The suites are good size with comfortable beds. Extra sink outside bathroom is nice with four people getting ready. Bath is spacious and clean (although there was no counter in the bathroom). Workout room was small but adequate and the dry suana heated up quickly. The hot tub area has it's own room. Parking underneath is a big plus, and it's just a short drive to the boardwalk, where we had lots of fun.
1 night family trip Apr 2, 2015
"Pleasant stay"
Hotel was convenient for my purposes. Currently undergoing renovations but that was not too intrusive. Staff was friendly and helpful and breakfast was typical hotel fare but adequate. One thing I mentioned at the desk was that the bathroom needed towel racks but they said that is part of the renovation. Hotel was busy with families there on spring break but was not noisy. I was happy with my stay.
2 night trip Mar 31, 2015
"Room smelled horrible!"
Room size was great however it smelled of cat urine in the living room and burnt hair in the bed room. This was the concensius of all four of my family plus our extended family who visited our room which was room 125.
3 night family trip Mar 26, 2015
Todd
"Parking is horrid."
We stayed upstairs. They are in the process of renovating. They haven't even begin our room. Old, lumpy bed. Dilapidated couch I thought twice about sitting on. The window looked onto a wall a foot away. Rm 210, don't stay there! Parking under the hotel is very tiny spaces. We have a Jeep Grand Cherokee and we're lucky to find a place to squeeze into. Other guests with suburban and tricks had to take two spaces, but not their fault. The spaces are meant for smart cars, it seems. With very few guests in the hotel due to all the renovations, I don't know what they will do when it is full of guests. The best party of the stay was a meal at HQ BBQ a short walk from the hotel. Overall, the rooms they renovate may look good. They are putting plantain shutters in most of the room. That corner room will never be good. Plus, just because of parking issues I'd never stay there again.
Other trip Mar 27, 2015
Vicki
"Nice place, good bargain."
Nice place - really better than I was expecting from the outside. The rooms appear to have been renovated pretty recently. The breakfast is decent. Parking is good but very hard as far as check in / check out. Good central location. I would definitely stay there again.
Other trip Mar 25, 2015
"BIG ROOM."
Asked staff where they would go to dinner......we took a short walk (1 mile) to a local diner that was inexpensive and the food was great.
Other trip Mar 24, 2015
SER
"nice place to stay"
Nice hotel. Good breakfast comfortable rooms
1 night business trip Mar 17, 2015
Javier
"great stay"
we were here for our recent honeymoon. Loved that they were close to the ocean but had a safe feel, which is very important. The room was clean and modern. yes it was recently remodeled but the whole feel of the operation was that they were trying to go above and beyond without breaking the bank. Walk able to the beach and board walk and some close shopping. The local gas station is close by but that is to a normal thing when your that close to the beach. But still a 10 to 15 min drive to most major things in town. But we did love all the small touches like the video game console in the common area and the working computers up stairs. Alot of small touches throughout. When come back, i am going to try my best to get a room here.
Other trip Mar 22, 2015
Geoffrey
"Parking"
Parking is terrible!!!
1 night romance trip Mar 13, 2015
Cori
"Birthday weekend"
In town for my daugthers birthday. This hotel is in a good central location and has very helpful, friendly staff. They have an AWESOME sauna in the great little gym they have there. They serve a good breakfast as well. Its a great hotel!
2 night family trip Mar 10, 2015
"Great hotel, great location!"
Everything was great about this hotel. Great location, great room, easy parking. I would stay here again next time I come to Santa Cruz.
2 night romance trip Mar 6, 2015
Jonathan
"Santa Cruz"
Nice trip kids were in the hot tub and a little annoying but oh well
1 night romance trip Mar 7, 2015
"Good value and Good place to stay"
Enjoyed our stay with this hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were quiet for good sleep. Enjoyed the location-close to Pacific Street shops and food places.
1 night family trip Feb 28, 2015
"Always stay here when in town for a concert"
Always stay here when in town for a show,very close to multiple venues. Can walk to Catalyst ,Moes Alley very cheap cab ride. Always spotlessly clean rooms ,The staff here ALL REAL IRIE !! All the time !
Other trip Mar 4, 2015
Val
"Nice place to stay"
Nice place to stay. Underground patrolled parking. Short trip to downtown. Nice open eating/courtyard area.
1 night romance trip Feb 18, 2015
"Generally great!"
I rented a room here for the weekend as I came to visit my love at UCSC. The area surrounding the hotel generally feels "small town", however the hotel sticks out like a sore thumb... in a good way. The outside is very modern looking, however the inside was a shade of yellow I wish they'd change to a more appealing white. This hotel has a very secure and spacious parking lot. Lucky enough for us, we were given a renovated suite. The suite consists of a living room (a few couches, tv, drawers, microwave, and mini fridge) which leads to a half hallway/half bathroom area. The hallway consists of a wall sized mirror contrary to the mirror was the bathroom which was pleasantly modern and very clean. The bedroom itself was very simple: 2 beds, a bed side drawer, flat screen TV, and a desk. The main problem we heard of (which we were pretty frightened of occurring to us considering it had just been an abnormally hot day in SC) was that the A/C had not been working properly, however our A/C was working fantastic and gave us the cool, vented room we had hoped for. Generally, relatively speaking, this is a great hotel for what you pay.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
Alfonso
"weekend getaway"
Love that it's walking distance to the boardwalk, the wharf, and downtown. Just parked the car and walked everywhere. The staff was friendly. The bathroom was not very clean
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015
"Santa Cruz visit"
Water was shut off to half the rooms when we checked in do to remodeling but the was helpful in getting it turned on to our room in time for a evening appointment. good breakfast, clean large rooms.
1 night romance trip Feb 12, 2015
Check in and Check out were quick. Staff is very helpful and there was no waiting around. Good complimentary hot breakfast. Beautiful room with huge TVs. Very nice setup. Great, sunny, atmosphere. Lots of restaurant options in the area.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
"Great area hotel"
I enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and it met our standards and needs. I did not expect to walk into a low budget room, but I also did not expect to walk into the Embassy Suites. We actually stayed at the Embassy in SF the following night, but Best Western was a great hotel in Santa Cruz for location, price, and quality. Back to the hotel. Room was clean, spacious, and quiet. Easy location and parking. Also, breakfast was included, and the lobby/lounge area was peaceful. I recommend BW.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Jay
"nice"
Nice room nice staff good breakfast.
1 night business trip Jan 27, 2015
"Close to Downtown"
The room was clean and comfortable. Great location.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
bassman
"Clean and Easy"
I've stayed at this hotel many times over the years. It's always clean, and the location is ideal - it's close to most anything in the Santa Cruz area you might want to get to. Hotel staff is also friendly and easy. The parking is a bit challenging - there are limited spaces, so when the hotel is pretty full, you may not find a parking spot, but more challenging yet is the size of the spaces. Getting in and out of the parking spaces is very difficult as they are very small and there are concrete pillars bordering most of the spots. On my most recent visit, I stayed in a room on the first floor, and was actually quite cold. The logical thing was to turn on the heat, and that did work, but the unit doesn't include any sort of thermostat, so to turn the heat on in the room, it was a matter of pressing a button to turn the heat on low or high, and the heater itself was quite loud. With no thermostat, as long as the button is pressed, the heat will run and be loud, which pretty much causes inconvenience at bedtime. In as much as I came in tired from my day of travel, beach, and shopping, I had wanted to just go directly to bed and sleep through, but the room was too cold to do that without the heat, and was too noisy with the heat turned on. The hotel lived up to its usual decent standards. You can always count on this hotel to be clean, and feel safe in this hotel, which is not a given in Santa Cruz. I will certainly stay here again.
Other trip Jan 26, 2015
Anonymous
"great place."
rooms r nice breakfest is the best. comfort of room was perfect for my family
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
"Nice Hotel room, but stuff were out of service"
Room was nice but ice machine wasn't working and the heated pool wasn't working either.
1 night family trip Jan 10, 2015
Muhammad A.
"I recomend"
This Hotel has a Beach air, the people are very friendly and the space in the bedroom is good. A wide open area for breakfast and a lot of options. Considering the price, I would definally come back.
1 night romance trip Jan 5, 2015
Joao
"Nice place, pleasant stay"
Everything was fine.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
Leslie H.
"Nice large suites"
Great hotel. Clean. Spacious. Friendly staff. Nice full free breakfast. Couldn't ask for more. Walking distance to downtown.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
"Nice hotel in middle of town"
We had a handicap access room that was very spacious. They provided us with 2 handicap parking places that gave us in and out access of the hotel. It was clean, the hotel staff were very friendly. Other than that, we had a great stay.
Other trip Dec 30, 2014
Jenny
"Great place to stay among the sea of hotels!"
We are so happy that we stayed here. The hotel is VERY clean and quite modern, and we really appreciated the parking garage that we could safely park our car in. As you walk around Santa Cruz, you will notice that most hotels are quite run down, but this one is very well kept. Modern bathrooms make it extra nice. The breakfast is wonderful, they actually had bacon, sausage and eggs which was a nice touch. The walk to the boardwalk is maybe 20 minutes which is quite short. Kitty corner from the hotel is an AMAZING Chinese restaurant that we went to, so I highly recommend that. All around, great hotel! We'll be coming here again
2 night romance trip Dec 24, 2014
Luke
"sleeping"
The hide abed had a very bad mattress and the roll away was not much better. Other than that it was great.
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
sally
"Nice location. Clean comfortable."
Great spot close to downtown. Large rooms. Nice friendly staff. Good morning breakfast.
Other trip Dec 25, 2014
"Nice Stay in BW Santa Cruz"
great stay again, walk to town, great breakfast...only challenge was noise with fixing the leak issue in one of the 3 rooms we booked - but hotel did say it had to work on this from all the rain.. and then the heaters are just really loud at night coming off and on...not the best in controllability but again, service and overall stay good
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
"Favorite Hotel in Santa Cruz"
second time we have stayed here to visit family in Santa Cruz; excellent value for price, always wonderful staff, great breakfast offering and the location perfect to downtown
1 night family trip Dec 13, 2014
janice
"great place"
Great hotel for price
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
"Business trip"
Desk staff was extremely helpful. Spent a lot of time finding and giving us directions to where we had to go. Very comfortable room, great hot breakfast. Everything we needed to make our business trip enjoyable.
Other trip Nov 16, 2014
Gail
"non-descript"
It rained and roof leaked in several places in hall way and dining area
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
"Alright"
Hotel was in the process of being remodeled. It will be nice when complete.
1 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
"We would stay again"
We were very pleased with our stay. The room was large and confortable. This was a separation between the bed and the sofa couch, so it had some privacy. I wish they would leav e towels in the shower area and not outside by the sink. The breakfast was lovely. A full American breakfast was available. We would stay here again.
6 night family trip Oct 21, 2014