All hotels in South Padre Island, Texas, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here5701 Padre Blvd, South Padre Island, TX, 78597, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.9
    2.5
"Was clean and convenient"
Plan on getting your own breakfast. Free breakfast meant cereal , apple, toast and packaged muffins...if your in to that. Room has a small coffee pot; however coffee, filters, creamer was not supplied...I always bring my own anyway. Other than that it was comfortable and clean and the staff was polite and friendly.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
beachlover70
They had no roll away bed as I had requested in my reservation. It was clean and the pool was nice but the staff and the way we were treated by the owner was OUTRAGEOUS. Never stay here again I didnt even stay my full paid time.
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Alicia
"More like Motel"
The room and location is good... My only problem is that it looked more like a motel than a hotel... The walls need repainting and our air conditioning duct kept making whistling sound... The room space is good for the price and I like the view... Over all it was better than expected...
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
bed very uncomfortable....bathroom was filthy. cob webs on light fixter. sand on couch and floor.
1 night trip Aug 7, 2014
Chris Webb
"Very decent place to stay."
Great service and Clean room is a big plus.. Walking distance from Burger Fi. and other attractions. Down fall is parking is tight. So, you have to arrive at the hotel for good parking.
2 night family trip Aug 8, 2014
Dulce
"Needs updating"
Needs updating, towels are worn out, they look dirty. Tub and shower need replaced
Other trip Aug 10, 2014
"Poor Service"
Rooms were not clean. Breakfast was a joke. Pool was dirty.
Other trip Aug 6, 2014
"not very good"
very inflated price. Spent way too much money on a hotel that I could have probably gotten at a motel 6.highway robbery.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2014
"it was a nice hotel near the beach"
lots of room and big nice comfortable beds, clean very well maintained.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
rosa
"Hotel is really old"
Hotel was really old, smelled bad, sheets and towels were dirty and stained. Staff wad rude, breakfast are was really small. Run out of coffee, fruit.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
nancy
"July 20-22"
Everything was pretty good. I feel that parking should have been more carefully monitored as there was hardly room to park. I believe only people staying there should have been there. we never got to use the pool because there was too many people could that be limited to just guests also. Otherwise a pleasant stay and will continue to go back
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2014
"Black Mold and just awful service and environment!"
The beds are very comfortable; that is the best thing I can say. There was black mold in several places as well as on the lamp shades. We paid more than we did at the Pearl SPI which was an amazing Hotel. You should not pay more than $80 a night. The continental breakfast is a joke. I was there for 3 nights (only because that was the only room/hotel available) and each morning I attempted to get a cup of coffee, but the owners family was camped out each day. There was a long line out the door into the parking lot. I will never stay there or recommend this fleabag hotel. Not like other Magnuson franchise Hotels.
3 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Edward
"Not At all Bad for the Price"
The cost of the room was very reasonable for the area. No, it wasn't the best place I have stayed at. The towels were dingy and stained, but they were clean. The beds were very comfortable and over all we had a great time.
2 night business trip Jul 16, 2014
For a one night deal; yes it's good... we were 2 adults and 2 children- we were comfortable and we lived the wayside view..
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
"Terrible atmosphere, average service, okay comfort"
After waiting almost 30 minutes to check in in the cramped, under ventilated office while the clerk tried to explain the concept of credit card verification to an agitated group of guests, we just wanted to get into our room. The room was supposedly non-smoking, but it smelled like a Phillip-Morris stockroom. The parking lot was dangerously cramped and 13 unaccompanied children (I counted) were wandering the parking lot, walkways, and pool areas, most without shoes or shirts. Inside, the room was comfortable aand, surprisingly, the WiFi worked well. The price was very affordable, but it was apparent that atmosphere and policies designed with guests' comfort in mind are not priorities. And, yeah, the picture on the Hotel.com website is NOT this property.
1 night trip Jul 10, 2014
PW Covington
"It's a dumpy motel...not a hotel or resort"
The pictures on Expedia are misleading...there is no water (bay or beach) visible from the hotel at all. The exterior of the hotel has been updated, but the interior is in sad shape. The whole place was depressing. When parked in front of the hotel while at the beach for the day, my van was keyed all down the side. Throughout the night, I could hear people walking around, talking, what sounded like police activity around 3-4AM. I cannot believe how expensive this place was given its condition. A total rip-off and disappointment. We barely used the room as a result, and only used it to sleep in.
Overall wish it was nicer it wasn't the worse hotel I've been in but it needs some tlc. Close to the beach and things to do reading other reviews scared me but it wasn't as bad as others made it sound
"fair"
Fair For The Price
2 night trip Jun 29, 2014
"Fun"
We loved the patio by the Bay and sliding glass door! Pool was perfect and hotel close to the beach
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Good Stay"
A normal on-a-budget hotel. Overall clean room, staff is very friendly. Nothing fancy but not bad stay if you need to save money for eating out.
5 night family trip Jun 8, 2014
"Old hotel"
No thrills. Needs remodeled and updated no vending machines no coffee
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
Dad family if 4
Was called and had someone knocking on our door after midnight to move our vehicle, NOT for a good reason.
Other trip Jun 16, 2014
The room had a bad humid odor, the sheets didn't look clean and the second day we still had the same unchanged sheets, bathroom shower didn't had a place for the soap, we didn't like the service at all, the continental breakfast was very poor..
2 night business trip Jun 11, 2014
ok
1 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Bob R
"If you are looking at price only"
Older motel. Floor dirty. No coffee left in room. Great location and great price. Ice maker on 2nd floor. If you are wanted 5 star don't stay here.
5 night romance trip Jun 1, 2014
Charli
"It's okay."
Expected better, mislead by the photos, I would not stay here again. Hotel staff was nice though, hotel is a bit run down.
Other trip Jun 4, 2014
"Poor maintenance and need of repairs, dirty towels"
Planned a family Memorial Day weekend. Unable to check in via website or call in. Had to leave the beach to do so, but that's beyond the point. The hotel room floors were clean,but the pillows were dirty, smelly and flat. The towels for the shower were all a dingy yellow and was afraid to even touch them to dry our hands. Went to buy sheets at a local Walmart to sleep on and used no pillows. We rented two rooms and our kids room had a major leak on the roof. Didn't even bother to let them know, since their was evidence of prior leaks. Will not stay here again!!
1 night family trip May 25, 2014
Sally
"Pretty good"
This was a cheap mini vacation. We didn't want to spend much on a hotel which we didn't. We did book this trip a month ahead. We were quite surprise when we got into the room. We thought it was going to be bad, but to our surprise it was quite nice. We brought our own towels and used the hotel towels for the floor and stuff after the beach. When we first got there no one was at the front desk... And it took forever for the guy to come down. Make sure you call the number that is written on the front door. He was still very friendly. It was a good walking distance to get to the beach, but not bad at all. It's close to some good resturants if you want to drink and not drive. Also pet friendly. We brought our dog and he is a barker! It was quiet enough for him to relax. I was surprise by some of the bad ratings on here and was prepared for this hotel to be not so great but it was nice and clean. I suggest to come and stay at this hotel before it gets wayyyyy too busy I have a more enjoyable stay.
3 night family trip May 20, 2014
Wally
"Very inexpensive but get what you paid for"
Small shower head low pressure, uncomfortable bed, but a really nice receptionist!
Other trip May 21, 2014
"bad"
air condition sounded like a diesel engine. showerhead was loose.
Other trip May 19, 2014
"A very mediocre experience"
Wouldn't consider staying here again.
2 night romance trip May 11, 2014
"Deceiving and dirty"
The rooms are listed as "bayside view" but there is no bayside view! You have a view of a water alley for people to park their boats. Its ok but it's not a bayside view which is what we thought we were paying for. This place was SUPER dirty, especially the bathroom. Everything had dirt and grime on it. There were no cups or extras for coffee or anything. I think our room came with two towels. There was a desk to do work at, which made me happy since I had school work, but the chair was too short to even reach the desk so that didn't work out. This place was too expensive for what it is. We should have just stayed at the motel a few blocks away. I would definitely call this place a motel. Not a hotel. Stayed in 221 and the a/c worked really good. The other half of our party stayed in 222 and said the a/c didn't work as good as ours and they complained about the heat.
Other trip May 11, 2014
"Good for the price"
Hotel is average overall. But since it is on Padre Island and nicer hotels are much more expensive, it was a good experience. I would stay there again.
2 night trip with friends May 2, 2014
"GROSS / DISGUSTING / FILTHY"
Didn't stay. Checked right out, and the lady in the front was NOT a people person. Maybe she was just shy. GROSS GROSS GROSS MOTEL!!!! Oh, and the Windwater Magnuson Hotel is NOT the name of the MOTEL. It says Windwater Hotel on the sign and the MOTEL is puke green, not the color that is pictured.
2 night trip Apr 25, 2014
"Total dump"
I would never recommend anyone to stay here. It's a dump of a hotel. I travel a lot and this was gross.
Other trip Apr 27, 2014
"worst hotel ever"
This was the Absolute Worst hotel I have ever been in. My wife and I where suppose to stay 3 nights but only stayed two. We ended up checking into another hotel the 3rd night. The room was non smoking and it smelt like people had been smoking in the room. The towels that should be clean and white where dirty and yellow. The hotel in general was very unclean. The "free breakfast" was nowhere to be found. We complained when checking out and they did not care. DONT STAY HERE!
3 night romance trip Apr 21, 2014
"DONT STAY HERE"
Horrible service, horrible advertising, and horrible rooms.......
3 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
"SUCKS"
When I went online to book my birthday vacation with friends and family, the Windwater hotel was very reasonable in price. What really sold me was the balcony and (beach view). When we arrived, we were VERY DISAPOINTED. The beach view that was advertised was a canal with dead fish. The beach was two blocks away. On top of all of that the rooms were dirty and smelled like smoke. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy. All the pictures on the website are more than 10 years old. The customer service was unsatisfactory. ....Horrible Horrible service.
2 night business trip Apr 11, 2014
Unsatisfied Customer
"The beach is not what it once was"
The beach was not was it once was. The hotel was over priced 165.00 should of been a 59.99 because of its old condition and style.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Big Daddy D
"So stinky"
I need leave the hotel 5 minutes after when I was enter because was so foot-smelling and the flor was dirty with spot of mug.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
lolo
"Older hotel... not near the beach or water"
Hotel was old... Tube TV, on a "fishing canal" that is 15 feet across.. No breakfast included as indicated. No coffee machine. Limited parking. Didnt pay much, so all was to be expected.
1 night romance trip Mar 29, 2014
"It is close to the beach that all good about it!!"
To to old, the furniture is older than my grandmas!! The mattress had spring sticking out, the towels were so stain I was afraid my family and I will get an infection, I was so embrace with my family that fly from the state of Washington to come and stay for the first time on South Padre Island. I wanted to get my money back with the receptionist so I would get a better hotel but she said she couldn't do anything that would be EXPEDIA policy.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
maria
Room was nice; however, to much sand on the floor and bed. House keeping didn't do a great job on cleaniness. Also a party was being held below the first floor to many people for the room and noisy till 2-3 am. Couldn't sleep well.
1 night trip Mar 28, 2014
sleepy
"Nice hotel loved it"
Good experience just need to post pics of what it really looks like
Other trip Mar 20, 2014
michaela
"Disgusting"
Stained pillows/sheets. So gross. Says renovated and that is a total lie.
Other trip Mar 17, 2014
it was good just very uncomfortable beds. couldn't sleep very well. need to upgrade to new mattresses
3 night trip Feb 28, 2014
It was not the best place I 've stayed, but in the end, we had a bed to sleep on. If you are picky, this is not the place for you.
2 night business trip Feb 28, 2014
Just parking is a little close for big trucks
1 night romance trip Feb 21, 2014
Fred
I was very dissatisfied,rooms smelled like mold ,asked the guy in the office y did they smell like mold,he said he didn't know and didn't come to find out
2 night trip Feb 21, 2014
Dana
"Very pet friendly."
We stayed in a lower room with a walk out to the canel and a little patio with table and chairs to play cribbage or just enjoy the canel. I was amazed at how quiet it was. We stayed 11 nights and were quite happy with the room and the price. The staff was always working to try and better the place and friendly at the same time. Our check in and check out person Daniel was very friendly and good.
Other trip Feb 26, 2014