All hotels in Grandville, Michigan, United States of America
3425 Fairlanes Ave. SW, Grandville, MI, 49418, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Incompetent staff, unclean room"
Took the front desk 45 minutes to figure out the check in process. We arrived at 11:30pm, one kid working counter, he found or reservation but couldn't process it to check us in. He also couldn't cancel it. We sat in the lobby for a full 45 minutes while he called 3 different managers for help. When we finally made it to our room, there was a spare mattress folded in half and stuck between a chair and the wall. Very bad experience.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
"Hotel Convenient to Airport"
Huge room. Great breakfast. Too much highway noise.
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
elkpen
"Ehh"
Out dated hotel, good breakfast, the pool wasnt open
1 night trip with friends Oct 14, 2014
Alexis
"Decent, would stay there again."
Breakfast items were not monitored and refilled when empty. Everything else was as good as expected.
3 night romance trip Oct 4, 2014
"nice place"
Needed a hotel for my Aunts 90th Birthday party in holland.Go with hotel.com for all reservations. Great hotel,nice clean room,breakfast was good.only problem was the pillows very soft and uncomfortable.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2014
"good but not great."
Hotel is dated and the rooms are dark. Breakfast is above average.
1 night family trip Oct 11, 2014
"In town for a wedding."
The staff was very friendly. However, our bathroom was not clean, floor and tub dirty.
2 night trip Oct 10, 2014
"Good Value"
This is a very nice hotel with friendly staff. No onsite restaurant but a very nice breakfast and an excellent steakhouse/pub next door. Will definitely stay here on our next visit.
1 night business trip Oct 4, 2014
Sara
"Convenient to YMCA"
We thought the beds were very comfortable. Jacuzzi was nice. Breakfast was adequate. The rooms could use some updating, but for the price, it was fine. Nice, quiet location.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"One Night Stay"
The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Nothing else in the room was OK. The tub was clogged, the phone or clock did not work. The television had the worst reception, I don't know if it was a bad connection or poor service provider. If I just need a place to sleep for one night this place might do.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Mildred
"convenient"
needed a hotel close to the university, the beds were very comfortable, lots of pillows, quiet, easy.
Other trip Sep 30, 2014
"Overall a good hotel"
The hotel was clean and had a nice pool. The breakfast was decent. There was a faint odor when you walked in, but nothing overwhelming.
Other trip Sep 29, 2014
Deb
"Great Hotel!"
My fiance and I stayed here Friday - Sunday. We chose Grandview because it was close to where we were going to run the Warrior Dash. Staff was pleasant and our rooms were great. For the price we paid for our stay I would definitely stay here again. The hotel is also close to a lot of great shops, and even a cute little brewery in town.
Other trip Sep 26, 2014
Strong, spicy scent in room upon arrival. Nearly made me ill. Better after opening window & cracking the door for a while. Then could smell a musty odor that was previously covered by the spicy scent. No towels near pool/spa tub, had to go into front lobby dressed for the pool to get any, kind of uncomfortable.
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2014
"Quick trip"
We weren't here long. Stayed the night after a concert and left in the morning. Place was relatively clean, beds were comfortable.
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2014
The hotel and room were clean. The pool and hot tub were very nice.
1 night trip Aug 26, 2014
"Decent hotel for those on a budget."
I overlooked making a hotel reservation for a Holland Labor Day weekend until the Thursday before. The only rooms available in Holland went for $275 a night. So we ended up booking 20 minutes away in Grandville for $126 total per night. What did that buy? A comfortable bed in a clean room located in a dated Hotel. Also a good nights rest. The staff were neither friendly nor rude. The free breakfast was hot and adequate. Yes, the pool area was loud, evidently enjoyed much by others, and the steak house across the parking lot enjoyed by my wife and I.
Other trip Sep 1, 2014
jefftrek
"Not the best"
Hotel was not the best, but didn't cost a lot. Air Conditioner didn't work in room. Heard constant drip from upper Air outside of window. Room was VERY humid. Linens were stained. On the up side, breakfast was nice with decent variety and a hot option available.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Would likely not stay again"
The hotel is dated and has become a home for construction workers, have stayed there twice, this was likely my last time. Television had terrible reception, Internet slow and sluggish, no where to sit outside, breakfast area no cleaned, coffee very weak, juice was watered down, do I need to go ob?
3 night business trip Aug 25, 2014
Jerry
"Looking for old ambiance."
Looking for quaint type place. Not it. Very disappointed.
1 night trip Aug 23, 2014
Barry
"Nice tub but..."
Well the bed was comfortable and the tub was nice but the duct tape on the floor and the really loud air conditioner made it less than prefect. Also, we had to go find someone to check us into our room when we got there.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
Sam
"Great place for a night"
My family of 3 stayed one night on our way up north. The room was nice, the beds extremely comfortable. The shower drained slowly and was on the small side, but fine for one night. The free breakfast was decent- Belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, plus continental type foods. We didn't have time anyway, but the pool was closed for maintenance. Something like that I'd like to know when booking. The staff was nice. There's not much close by, but it's right off the highway, which was very convenient.
1 night trip Aug 20, 2014
"Nice place, with friendly staff and clean"
No problems with stay, was able to easily get additional amenities such as towels and toiletries. Clean room, indoor pool, hot tub, pool table, air hockey, arcade room, and right next door to bowling, roller skating, and a steak house. In room refrigerator and a nice breakfast provided in the pool area. Not just donuts, and juice. They also supply yogurt, scrambled eggs, Canadian bacon, four types of cereal, oatmeal, three kinds of bread for toast, fresh fruit, peeled hard boiled eggs, Belgium waffles, bagles... Pretty decent too. Not sure what people are complaining about, if you've ever stayed in Chicago then you know how much you could pay to get half as much.
Other trip Aug 25, 2014
Hutch
"Two day stay"
This hotel has potential. Not there yet. Still gave pretty good ratings because of our perception they're trying.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
mike and nancy
"Had to open the window due strong odor in the room"
This hotel is outdated. There was a very strong odor in the 1st room we had. A few used tissue papers were left in the bath room floor when we check in. After talking with the lady at front desk, she quickly resolved the problem and move us to the other room. Over all the service is good but we will definitely not come back again due to the hotel condition and cleanness issue. It seems like this hotel need to hire more people to maintain the facility. It was interesting that the lady work at front desk also had to work on the breakfast area.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2014
"Very accomodating to guests needs"
The staff was very accomodating regarding hotel services as well as when we needed to leave early due to an emergency at home. If we have the need again to stay in the area we won't hesitate to use Grandvillage Inn.
2 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Very Disappointed"
Stayed for one night. The room was very hot and the thermostat on the wall did not work finally got the air conditioning unit to manually work despite the sticker that said use the wall control. The pillows were way too overstuffed had to sleep without a pillow or would have had a really stiff neck. The bed was equally uncomfortable. There were no pool towels by the pool you had to go to the front desk and ask for them yet there were no signs telling you were to get them. In the morning we had to go to the front desk to ask where the fitness room was and the help wasn't even really sure. It became quickly evident that none of the staff knows where the fitness room is because it was filthy. It smelled of old sweat, no towels, no disinfectant or wipes for the machines, one machine was out of order and garbage on the floor. The final straw was the supposed hot breakfast that is only served to 9:30 was very depleted and empty by 9:00am. The few items left were dried up and old. When checking out we asked to speak with a manager or at least have the best time to contact him, we were told he was maybe around that he comes and goes and not sure when he would be around. The desk staff did take my number and said she would have the manger call me, still no call to this point, not holding my breath. Would not recommend to anyone. The price for the area seems like a reasonable amount however with this experience it was truly way over priced.!
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Dawn
"very dirty throughout"
Booked as a result of online description of service and breakfast and pictures of room and pool. Carpeting in hallways and room was filthy. We stayed first night thinking breakfast would make up for dirty carpet. Wrong. They were out of most items. Quality of food was poor and no one was in sight to refill. People were very unhappy. Will never stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 12, 2014
N. Rollin
"Cheap and close to highways for sight seeing on La"
Breakfast was not good. Not kept clean by anyone the whole time. Messy tables etc. Coffee not good. Things not replenished. Ate only dry cereal and muffin.
5 night family trip Aug 10, 2014
"Sketchy"
Area left a lot to be desired ... Not in the best part of town!!! Room was clean bed ok... Outside of building needs major overhaul. Maintenance around motel was horrible... Dirty kind of seedy. Left ASAP in the a.m.
1 night trip Aug 13, 2014
"Great service"
It was a nice hotel. Bathroom was older but the rooms were nice.
2 night family trip Aug 12, 2014
skeeter
"close to everywhere we needed to be"
the rooms were very clean and comfortable. the pool was nice for the kids to relax and swim. the morning breakfast was well set up and had numerous choices. we will definitly stay here again.
1 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Location was great. easy on and off. The breakfast buffet while similar to most was set up next to the pool so there was a lot of area to sit and relax and move around. Pool and hot tub were nice. There is not a lot at this exit but there was a nice steakhouse right next to the Inn (200 yard dash) with outdoor seating in view of hotel. Very good food and by showing your key card you get a discount.
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
Sandy
"Easy distance to the greater Grand Rapids area"
The hotel is tucked away in a very quiet corner of Grandville, right on the edge of Jamison. There's a great BBQ restaurant next door and on the other side, a bowling alley. I was nervous about noise. I shouldn't have been. The staff is fabulous and helpful, and the entire hotel is squeaky clean. I was so relieved. It's very close to the 196, so getting to Holland or Rockland or even Grand Haven and Muskeegon is really easy. The only reason I didn't give this experience five stars is that while I don't care that it hasn't been updated recently, I was bothered by the outlet near my bed. I'm not comfortable with wiggly outlets. That's such a minor issue, but it did make keeping my laptop plugged in a little squiffy. Additionally, the AC in the room had a regular "pop" to it--as if the plastic were expanding and contracting or possibly getting hit by a fan. About every 4 seconds... all. night. long. one night, so I got very little sleep that night. But, my hyper-sensitive hearing isn't their fault. So, I did bump it down to 4 stars for those two things only. Most people probably wouldn't hear the pops and not everyone works in bed until all hours with their laptop like I do. I'll be back. It was that convenient and nice of an experience.
3 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Chautona
"Grand village"
It was a descent hotel. Close to the interstate for easy access. Pool area and hot tub were very clean. Continental breakfast was pretty standard. No view or sites of anything to look at. It's your basic run of the mill hotel. King size bed was quite comfortable for a change though!
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"Things are run down"
We have stayed in the past, but things have gone downhill since our last visit. We most likely will not return. Sheets were dirty, light switch was broken, there were less towels than there were supposed to be, and the water tasted terrible. Also, the pool area was very very dark and the lights in the pool itself were turned off.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2014
Don
"Friendly staff, fun games"
Although I booked 2 rooms through Hotels.com, only 1 was reserved when I arrived. They were able to accommodate us-thank goodness.
1 night trip Aug 5, 2014
"Great for a swimming granddaughter!!!!"
The beds were comfy and clean, breakfast in the a.m, good and right outside our poolside door! The pool was a winner, and the front desk staff most helpful. Our room was clean--and the only reason I didn't give it a '5'--housekeeping left a filthy rag on our dresser--and it didn't come from us!!! Although the hotel is a ways from restaurants, with a car it was not a problem, and it was only 10 minutes to DTN Grd. Rapids. We'd come again!!
2 night family trip Aug 6, 2014
"Good location but limited facilities"
Very friendly staff tried to meet any request we made. Great location right off expressway made our daily trek to beach a bit shorter. Price was good, will pay a bit more in future for hotel with more updated facilities. Family agreed never felt quite comfortable in room.
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
family
"Value"
Quiet location and room; close (but not too close) to I139; great restaurant next door.
2 night trip Jul 24, 2014
Everything was very good , except that there was NO wifi avail.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
chris
"Shabby hotel"
The hotel is very run down and the staff is unprofessional. There was no elevator and we were given a second floor rooms so had to lug our luggage up flight of stairs. The room phone did not work and the desk clerk said the room phones had been out for week and the manager was in Tennesse. The bathroom was terrible, the tub was scarred and the foors were filthy. The room walls were painted over cracks and holes. The 'free' WiFi didn't work in our room. When told there were no towels in either the pool or worout room, the clecks response was 'I know'. Had to ask 'Can we have a towel?' before we got one. There were children running the halls and yelling in the pool area till after 11 PM and, of course, we couldn't call the desk because the phone didn't work. The breakfast staff consisted of a skinny girl in short cutoff jean and a dirty tee shirt and she could seem to keep the coffe nor coffee cups supplied. We skipped the breakfast after the first morning. We booked for 3 nights and would have left after the first night but we were billed at check in for all 3 nights. We had to sign a waver that we would pay for any room damages and there was note with the towel count attached to bathroom mirror - very classy! I'm not very picky but I expect at least a quiet, clean room and competent, responsive staff when I'm pay $100 a night.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
traveler
"Nicest Place We Have Stayed At to Date"
Our experience in staying at The Grandvillage Inn was wonderful! Everything was nice and neat, including the attire of the front desk clerk. She was very helpful and a great asset to the hotel. The room was clean and completely stocked with towels, extra pillows, etc. We didn't have to ask for anything. The centrally located indoor courtyard is wonderful and a lovely place to have the free continental breakfast buffet set up. The breakfast was very nice and included hot foods (scrambled eggs, ham, waffles, oatmeal) in addition to the bagels, muffins, pastries, cereal, fruit, yogurt, juice, milk, coffee and tea. There is also a pool and hot tub, as well as game tables (air hockey, etc.) set up in the courtyard. And they have free WiFi throughout. This hotel offers a lot for a really great price. We come to Grand Rapids twice a year and we have already decided that the Grandvillage Inn will be our hotel of choice from now on.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2014
"Clean but lack of service"
We stayed at this hotel since it was close to Grand Valley where my daughter is considering attending. The room was clean and neat for the price. We had this ridiculous issue with the key for our room however. The key we were given would not open the door to the room after the first time. We went back and forth to the desk a minimum of 5 times each (we should have been swimming). The young woman at the desk did not know what to do. She did not know where the master key was. She had her hands on her head. Meanwhile, I am standing there in my swimsuit and coverup while guests are coming and going. We finally got into the room. Now I couldn't leave though. Needless, to say it was irritating. I went to the desk in the morning. The young afternoon attendant wrote nothing down. Doesn't the door need to be repaired???? I tell the manager about it and he gave me a whopping 10% off for a wasted night that was supposed to be relaxing. If my daughter does attend GVSU I won't be staying there again even with the good location.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Joan
"Hotel services were good"
The hotel was stay was good. Only thing that was disappointing was I went to eat breakfast at 8:30 and no eggs and only 4 sausages. Waffles were rally good. The bed was not a king bed which we requested and was listed on out bill.
3 night trip Jul 21, 2014
"Better than expected"
I tend to go for more upscale hotels but given the area and the fact that we wanted to stay close to the wedding we were attending, this was one of our main choices. I was very pleased with the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the price. The only thing I would say is request a room that does not look over the pool. If there if a party happening it echos very loudly and can disrupt you if you need to rest during the day or early evening. The good part is that the pool was only open until 11PM and then it was super quiet!
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Not likely to stay again..."
This was not the first time we had stayed here. I've been staying there since 2001, actually there when our country was attacked on 911. The facility has been declining over the years and things aren't being updated. After our stay there this winter, I thought it was still reasonable and the breakfast provided made up for the aging facility. But, this past Sunday, we went to breakfast an hour before it was supposed to end and their was virtually no food. My kids had a bowl of cereal. The waffle maker was broken and the fridge was empty, not even a yogurt to be found. The fake eggs and tasteless ham was of no help either. (The hotel was maybe half full.) We ended up spending more and going out for breakfast, which was my man reason for continuing to book at this facility. The hotel needs an overhaul from the mattresses, to the air-conditioner that we had to figure out how to set once we walked in after checking in and finding the room too hot to sit in. The room had odor as well, just different people and older materials. Bathrooms need major updating. Workout room is a sad place to be as well. :-/ I will miss the set up for the pool area. It was always nice being able to sit along side the pool and eat and/or watch the kids in the pool.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
Tanya
"Great Deal"
We were very impressed with the quality of the room for the money we paid. The room was very clean and spacious. Ours had a jacuzzi tub which was very fun. The continental breakfast was good even though they were cleaning it up when my sleepy self got there right at 9:30 (when the breakfast closes). They let is have late check out for free which was very nice. Would stay there again!
1 night trip Jul 11, 2014
Christina
"Decent, not worth the $100"
We arrived late and were very tired from a long drive. When we got to the room, it was warm. We turned the AC on. It never seemed to really cool down. After about 30 min we noticed the temp in the room barely moved. We set the thermostat @ 67. It was almost midnight and decided to turn it down even lower. There also was not a door knob on the inside of the bathroom door. At this point we went to bed. I probably shd have called down to the office but were too tired. The area of the bldg was quiet and the room was clean and a bit outdated. The breakfast was so/ so, typical make your own waffles, juice, coffee, eggs and sausage. The sausage was almost gone and the man said he wld get more, never did. Like I said before it was an OK place but not worth the $$. I told them about the AC and door knob. They had no idea there wasn't a door knob on the bathroom door, a bit odd. Probably will find another hotel when visiting Michigan
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
Sandi
"It was grand in Grandview"
we were very pleased with our stay at the Grandvillage Inn. The staff was helpful, the room comfortable and clean. We enjoyed our stay and will recommend the hotel whenever given the opportunity.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014