All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
34 Wave Ave, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"location location location"
Great location, walked to beach everyday never had to pay extra for parking , rooms were spacious and very affordable , can't wait to go again !!
4 night romance trip Jul 12, 2015
ANTHONY
"A few days at the beach"
Location was great. Close enough to Newport, but far enough away. Easy walk to the beach. Our room had great views of the beach and pond. Room was great. Breakfast was ok. TV stand and TV could be updated. Would definitely stay again.
2 night family trip Jul 13, 2015
"Always a pleasure to stay"
Short stay, long on enjoyment. Newport, RI is one of the most beautiful old seaports along the Atlantic coast. We always stay at Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites and are always satisfied.
2 night family trip Jul 12, 2015
"Great!"
awesome location...just walk across the street to the beach. We had a guest coming and we were able to switch rooms to accommodate us. Erica at the front desk was wonderful! My only complaint was that there is no room for the continental breakfast. You either have to bring it back to your room or sit in the lobby.
4 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Cathy
"Good and Bad"
We had no coffee accouterments. Also: COFFEE POT DID NOT WORK AT ALL. Iron leaked out water. Microwave did not work AT ALL. The breakfast was terrible. You had only children's cereal, and no yogurt, which you advertised. Get into healthy food! Positives: the beds were great, and the AC. We did not have a couch, as you advertised. SE
2 night trip with friends Jul 12, 2015
sybil
"Loved the location!"
Great location, great service. Good location to visit Newport. Out of the congestion of the central part of Newport but only a couple of minutes away so can get there quickly!
2 night family trip Jul 10, 2015
jeannie
Best part about hotel is it is near the beach. The room was a good size with 2 king sizebeds with a privacy wall. But.... old stained unmatched furniture, sandy floors upon arrival, and poor housekeeping. Came in at 5pm to clean room. Not worth $200 to $400 a night
3 night romance trip Jul 8, 2015
Renee
"Great destination... Worth every penny."
Great hotel, walking distance of the sea shore, very friendly staff, pool, quiet room, many activities to do around the neighborhood . Complimentary breakfast a little weak.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Alvaro
"Great Location!"
This hotel was recently renovated. The staff was helpful and courteous, the rooms were very clean, and the bed was comfortable. I enjoyed having a separate living room and small kitchenette area with a sink, microwave, and refrigerator. The hotel is centrally located between the beach and restaurants, and the price was right. I would definitely stay here again.
4 night romance trip Jul 5, 2015
"2 day stay"
Spacious room with a very comfortable king bed. Convenient and clean.
2 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
"Disappointed for Newport Hotel"
I was so called upgraded. To a cottage which was outside and the size of my shed. No phone. TV didn't work and it was outdated. The clanging ladies asked us if we wanted our room cleaned we said yes only to return that evening and it the same as when we left.
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"Great place for the price!"
Great stay for a one night getaway! The view from the window at the back of the hotel was pretty and the location near he beach was perfect!
1 night family trip Jul 1, 2015
Lisa A
"Great location to beach."
Location was perfect. Rooms were spacey
3 night family trip Jun 28, 2015
Sonya
Good experience otherwise, but big minus for a non functioning wi-fi. We checked in late and wi-fi slots were all taken, couldn't check into wi-fi during our whole stay.
1 night family trip Jun 22, 2015
"Nice Trip"
We enjoyed our stay. We will definitely come again.
1 night romance trip Jun 21, 2015
"By the sea, but we couldn't "see" it!"
This hotel is in a good location and is clean. However, the front desk would not give us an ocean-view room despite the hotel being far from full, because we booked with hotels.com and because we arrived after the manager had gone home. Also, they have those gross bedspreads, so that was the first thing to come off once we got there. The rooms are a nice size, especially if you have kids, because there are 2 queen beds separarted by a bathroom. We would not stay here again unless we just needed a place to crash for the night.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2015
Dean
"Nice place, but not good if you have work to do"
We were in Newport for a college visit. The hotel recently remodeled so that the king suite I ordered was actually 2 king beds. This was the good part. The breakfast was minimal, but we had brought our own breakfast items, so it was no problem. The big problem for me was the lack of internet connection in the room. I could connect in the lobby, and eventually learned that the connection would hold up to one small corner of the counter by the bathroom. The other negative point was that the keys frequently didn't work. From the time I spent in the lobby, I could tell that this problem was not unique to our room. The location is nice, though, because it is right across from the beach.
3 night family trip Jun 16, 2015
Regina
"Large but dated"
Room very large but badly in need of updating. U would b better off not offering breakfast. It was horrible.
1 night romance trip Jun 15, 2015
nelson
"bonnie's rhode island trip"
excellent ....the room was extremely nice and comfortable....the staff was so nice!
1 night trip with friends Jun 15, 2015
bonnie
The room have a really stron smell not to good
1 night business trip Jun 11, 2015
"Not a very pleasant experience"
Rooms were recently renovated. Our room was 3 doors down from the check in desk and when asked to be moved we were not accommodated, we were told it was booked. One of the blankets was stained and the towels were not clean. Complained to Manager who wanted photos. Sent photos and called the manager who said they looked like they were used to cleanup the floor but did not think it was a housekeeping problem . the Manager did not give me the impression that she cared about the linen and didn't apologize or offer compensation.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Sandra
"Just okay..."
It was a nice location, but it hasn't been renovated much since the 80s. It Was clean enough and shrinks for a one night stay, but I'd probably try another hotel next time.
1 night romance trip Jun 7, 2015
Jonathan
"Not bad Newpies"
Not bad. A nice walk to downtown Newport. Quiet on the side I stayed.
4 night trip Jun 4, 2015
"10 mile race"
Hotel was clean and spacious but parking was less than convenient. Had to park at a third lot of theirs the first night.
2 night family trip Jun 6, 2015
Patrick
"Newport Getaway"
My husband and I were there for only one night, but wished we could have stayed longer. The suite was spacious and very clean. The view from the front window showed a little of the ocean, and the back window was an unobstructed view of the bay. The people at the front desk were very friendly, and the free breakfast was delicious. We had a very good experience, especially for the very reasonable price.
1 night family trip Jun 3, 2015
"49 happy years together"
We have stayed there several times and could not have been any more satisfied to repeat staying again to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. We will make another stay in the near future if the price is right.
3 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Judy
"Newport Mansion Trip"
Hotel was very affordable and the rooms were large with 2 king beds and a view of the bay inland. Very convenient to all the area attractions. Pleasant stay that simply met our needs and budget.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2015
bart
"Definitely middle of the road - at best"
Not what I expected. Breakfast consisted of a bunch of muffins set out in the very small hotel lobby. They are supposedly re-doing the place, so maybe it will improve later in the season. No washcloths in the bathroom. Curtains were dirty. Comforter was ripped.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Ok hotel"
Hotel is in a good location, near beach and cliff walk, NOT a walking distance to downtown. Shuttle service was available for $8 per person, drivers were really nice and helpful. Staff was ok. Hotel was clean. Morning breakfast was weak, parking was not an issue since we stayed during the week. For the price, it's a good deal.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Two day visit"
The front desk people were very nice when you caught their attention in the back room. There was only one washcloth in the bathroom and when I asked for another, it was quickly delivered. But I was disappointed when the room as cleaned, only one washcloth was left again. We had two rooms with two beds and both had been slept in, so I thought it strange that once again, one washcloth. It appeared the cleaning help had swept the floor but never picked the small pile off the floor. But a very annoying thing was the cleaning help arrived around 8:00 a.m., gathered by the elevators ( our room was on the second floor) and talked for quite some time...as loudly as if they were in the parking lot. I found it very rude and inconsiderate for people who were not yet awake. We were up and our room wasn't right next to the elevator, but I could hear them clearly. The toiletries in the bathroom were haphazard...some things not replaced the second day, some new things added the second day. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was okay but there was no place to eat unless you got on the elevator and went to your room or the little tables on the porch...which took some juggling since we never found a tray to put the food on. The price was good but I think I will stay somewhere else when I return.
2 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
"Cheaper option to staying in central newport"
Spending a couple of days around the newport area.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Great beach hotel. Wonderfully located across street from Easton's Beach (aka First Beach). Hotel room was large and neat. Hotel staff friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"Mothers day getaway"
Excellent ro for the price
1 night trip May 10, 2015
Denise
"Great location great price"
Booked a room last minute based on how close it was to the cliff walk. Rates were the lowest in the area and we were very surprised with the size and quality of the room, very clean, large and comfortable. Great restaurants in walking distance for all 3 meals, and hotel staff was super friendly and caring.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Nicole
"A Gem..."
Great location near Cliff Walk...Great room for the price. I would definitely stay here again. Good restaurants in walking distance. Nice view out my window.
1 night trip May 4, 2015
"RI IN FRESH STYLE"
Very nicely renovated.
2 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
"Great stay and a great rate!"
We only stayed for 2 nights but it was a good stay. The desk clerks were great and attentive. The hotel is doing renovationso so there workers around. The room I stayed in was newly remodeled and was very comfortable. I would stay here again for sure.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Alexander
"nice hotel, next to beach, pleasant people"
all good,didnt want to leave.beautiful area very nice people
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great View!"
The hotel is in a great location. We had a beach view, which was great! The hotel is minutes to the Cliff Walk and Newport Mansions. It is currently being renovated but we were not inconvenienced in any way.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Really close to pretty beach."
Cliff walk and ocean drive are right there.very pretty houses and mansions to oggle over
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Norco
"Almost just right"
The only disappointment was the breakfast venue, we were told we could use the comfort in, and that seemed too small also. Besides that it was very clean, hotel employees very pleasant and we loved the water view from our room.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Henry
"Perfect Weekend Getaway!"
This is a great place to stay. The price was right and they are making a lot of improvements to the hotel. Our room was clean and a perfect size. It had a mini fridge and microwave. They replaced the carpet in the room with laminate flooring which is a great idea which gave it a much cleaner feel. You can get complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn, which is across the parking lot. All in all, we had an awesome weekend away.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"comforting Getaway"
very enjoyable..comfortable..clean..top rate service from staff..breakfast excellent too..hotel clerk fine telling us the best places to go for everything local..
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
donald
"Perfect Hotel to do Newport"
This hotel was perfect for Easton Beach and doing the Cliff Walk. Also liked that it was a King suite as the children were separate. Bathrooms not luxurious like a Ritz Carlton, but it is Ok for Newport. price off season is really wonderful as well.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"Never again!"
I first called the hotel for details/specifics prior to booking. I spoke to Jen who was wonderful, but that was honestly the only thing wonderful about the whole experience. I was in a room just off from where the elevator was, which apparently is housekeepings party lounge. The commotion started very early and lasted hours! I always book at a hotel with a fitness center, yes this hotel has one but was told I could not use as the hotel was remodeling and that was used as storage. The breakfast should not be allowed to be called that...previously frozen muffins, danish pastries and croissants (no toaster for these might I add) don't constitute breakfast! I booked a "suite, 1 bedroom" it was literally a room with 2 king beds with a concrete partition between the 2 beds and one TV at the end of that....WHAT! The additional chain lock was broken, there were no "do not disturb/privacy" signs....Never again!!
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
CURTIS
Everything was great We stayed at the Carriage House Inn. Was pleasantly surprised at the Continental Breakfast that was served Will definitely stay there again We were in Room 4 and thought it was perfect for us.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Margo
"Not what I expected"
Our purpose for staying was a family wedding next door. The rooms were not up to par...our room had a heating problem...there were no face cloths in the bathroom and one of the TV's was not functioning properly. Several from our group had problems checking in...renovations on the third floor were a major distraction. The elevator was very slow. I somehow expected more from your much-touted facility.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Huge clean room"
I did not expect to get so much room for the price. Huge king size (or bigger) bed, big sitting room with pull out couch and tv, microwave, fridge, and separate sink from the bathroom. The view of the ocean from the window was fantastic, and just a short walk to Easton Beach and the mansion walk. Very clean, but bathroom could use updating. Great room for a great price. I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Mel
Had a great time and sleep. Will definatly go again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"VERY NICE PLACE, GREAT LOCATION"
The room (King Suite) was so perfect. The pull out couch is in a different room so we were able to have privacy from our grandson. There was a nice little chair and ottoman that we were able to move and fit into our bedroom so that I could sit up and read. There are two TV's in there too. I loved the room...BUT, the heater didn't work right and the bathroom fan screamed so loud. I did let the service know about this. Hopefully they will fix it. The breakfast is not even worth counting on. The set up was not great and it was not adequate for even bother offering. There were a couple pastries & mini muffins, instant oatmeal & yogurt. Guess I was not happy because I can't eat any of that stuff. They ran out of food and didn't even replenish. I never asked for them to refill, so can't really blame them, but they should have been checking because the hotel was not that busy. Still, I would recommend this hotel because it was in a perfect spot and if the weather were warmer, you can walk to the beach (right across the light traffic street). The staff was friendly and the place was clean. What more can you ask. I just think a better offering for breakfast and a place to sit and eat the breakfast would have been nice.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015