All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here34 Wave Ave, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Not Impressed with the staff welcome!"
We did not like the fact that there was a live band playing in what must have been one of the bars, next door, on Friday night.
1 night romance trip Oct 24, 2014
Robson
"Ideal location for all that Newport has to offer."
I would stay here again. This is my third time. The location is ideal to easily get to all that Newport has to offer. Beach across the beach. Lots of restaurants within an easy drive. Near the Cliff Walk and Mansion's Row...and just a short distance from all the shops, restaurants and boutiques in downtown Newport. Very satisfactory stay. Quality of service was excellent. Room was clean and roomy. Desk clerks helpful.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
Visitor from
"Room with a view"
Our room had a lovely little view of the water, when you sat on your bed and looked out it had a peaceful calming effect, so welcoming after hectic days or nights. Close enough to the Cliff walk, whether strolling or jogging, the view from that exercise facility can't be beat! Overall I was quietly satisfied with my stay.
1 night trip Oct 25, 2014
Sabrina K.
"Alright"
Its not directly on beach but its an ok place to stay if you are looking for just a room.
1 night trip with friends Oct 25, 2014
TAMMY
"Friendly, helpful staff, close to the beach."
Close to restaurants, bars, beach and center. Needs updating. Furniture scratched some lights not working, however staff very friendly. Our room was upgraded to a suite prior to our arrival without asking! Very nice.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
Adrienne
It was only 1 night but was great
1 night trip Oct 24, 2014
linda
"Friend reunion"
The Atlantic Beach Hotel & Suites has become my favorite place to stay in Newport. The location is ideal. It is away from the crowds, across from the beach, surrounded by good restaurants (Flo's Clam Shake is right next door) and an easy walk to tourist attractions, even to reach the harbor and Thames St. The rooms are comfortable and clean and the suite of rooms is great. Added pluses: the morning breakfast spread and the helpful and welcoming staff.
4 night trip with friends Oct 18, 2014
Sheila
"Great location. Great value"
Always stay here. Summer or Fall this hotel is the best value in this area by far.
Other trip Oct 22, 2014
Dan and Carolyn
"Worth its price plus!"
Great hotel and very clean. Just one tiny complaint. The carpet in the rooms had a very bad old smell... otherwise definitely 5not stars...
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
vacationer
Terrible view, low ceilings (7 ft.) A "continental breakfast" of Cheerios or microwaved sausages and pancakes. Coffee or no other beverage. No pastry. Everybody would be happier if there was no continental breakfast offered.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
nice hotel, convenient to beach and Newport. Room was quiet, but didn't have any view.
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
"Atlantic beach hotel"
Great hotel, very spacious!
1 night romance trip Oct 13, 2014
Alison
The hotel was nice, the room large and the location perfect for beach access. There were restaurants within walking distance and the cliff walk was close by.
1 night trip Oct 13, 2014
"very nice place"
Our room was clean, bed was great. The rooms need an update but it was a very nice comfortable place. Would come vack again.
1 night business trip Oct 15, 2014
"Beautiful pond view"
Huge room for the price. Nice linens. Way below posted prices. Old fashioned TV but for that price?
2 night family trip Oct 14, 2014
"Close to the beach"
Wish we could have stayed longer then one night. Great location and a great price. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again.
1 night trip Oct 8, 2014
Bev. E
"Large room and close to cliff walk"
Nice hotel close to the beach and cliff walk. Large room with separate living and bedroom area. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Short walk to tennis hall of fame and mansions or short ride to downtown Newport. Great restaurants across the street and the beach is steps away. I stay here often when visiting my daughter at Salve Regina University.
Other trip Oct 12, 2014
"Very comfortable stay!"
It was very comfortable and the staff very friendly! Would stay here againL. Very comfortable
1 night trip Oct 1, 2014
Maggie
"especially good"
The accommodations was excellent. Close to everything including the beach. Staff was helpful and professional. My wife and I would encourage any to stay at your facility. We would choose you first for another stay. It was wonderful thanks.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
"good except for noise of band in bar next door"
room itself was good, bed was comfortable,and location to beach and newport was great. The bad part was wi fi was poor to not working at times, the bar next door was loud to about 1 am, and the toilet had problems.
2 night trip Oct 4, 2014
"Taking a step back into Spring Break"
Well, it wasn't the worst place I've ever stayed in, but I can confidently say I won't be staying here again even if it was free. Hotel staff was nice, but accommodations are old and/or broken (the sofa-bed in our room), free breakfast not worth it, and overall disappointing. This is the kind of room I would have stayed in with 5 other friends during Spring Break when I didn't care if someone puked all over the bathroom. I thought it would be a safe place for a one-night getaway in the off-season, but I should have gone with my gut and stayed somewhere else.
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Becky
"Great deal"
Room was cleaned but had weird old smell. Opened windows n smell was gone. Bed was incredibly comfy. Both tvs were from the 1980's n picture was awful. Lady at front desk was great. For the price of $70 a night it was a good deal but i might look to stay at a more updated hotel on our next trip.
1 night family trip Oct 2, 2014
Julio
The room was a nice set up, the bed was nice. The wi fi very bad, the toilet needed work the float stuck, the bar next door was very noisy to about 1:30 am and came right through the walls. The room was musty smelling. The location was good and greeting staff was fine.
3 night trip Oct 3, 2014
"I would go again, would like changes though.."
* Something they don't tell you on check in that cost us about $100 cuz we like to sample cocktails. Your room key has on the back of it a discount for anything you buy the Atlantic Beach Club and a few dinner establishments. I don't pay enough attention, shame on me on that one, but it would have been nice. Don't expect any early check in courtesy. We arrived at 2:20, check in is at 3, and the desk clerk told us that, whether or not it is ready. We booked last minute because we were unsure of the weather. We ended up in a room right next to the front desk, which when we first went there was propped open. The fact that this room was right next to the lobby was only known when we opened the door thanks to their super high test sound barrier. We were in the middle of everything and didn't know it until we needed to leave the room, which was really convenient. Very close to the beach club. The beach, smelled at times, the town residents are suing to rectify this. Check with local information before going for a dip to make sure the issues are resolved. But overall, after the beach issues are fixed I would stay again for the beach. If I don't care about the water, no doubt would stay here again.
2 night romance trip Aug 22, 2014
"Generally fine"
Location, room facilities and staff were all good, but sadly, the hotel seemed rather worn and neglected.
2 night romance trip Sep 30, 2014
"Convenient to Newport, RI"
The desk clerk at check-in seemed over-whelmed with a few of us checking in at the same time. She appeared to be there alone. I had made a mistake on my reservation and arrived the day after I had reserved. Eventually we were given a room and told to call Expedia about the 2nd night. The room was spacious & comfortable. The hotel is just a few minutes from Newport & very close to the stRt of the Cliff Walk. The breakfast was adequate.
Other trip Oct 1, 2014
Cynthia
"Quiet room with great food nearby."
Parking spots are a little tight. Walk across the street for breakfast could be a problem in in-climate weather. Breakfast room was stifling hot. Nearby restaurants offer good food. Would definitely stay here again!!!!!
2 night trip with friends Sep 23, 2014
C. Anderson
"A lot for the money"
Late September...good deal. Only about $90 for bedroom + second room w/TV, sofa, desk. Very clean and comfortable. Only thing I didn't like was the small pillows on the bed.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
"Ideal location"
Very happy with hotel ,good location .Breakfast very poor.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
Noel O Donoghue
"Newport Food & Wine / Wedding"
Breakfast could have been better.
5 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
Scotts Dale
Good value and location. Nice sized room, clean and comfortable.
2 night trip Sep 15, 2014
It is close to the beach and the Cliff Walk and a quick drive away from downtown and the wharfs. The suite we were in had excellent views. Breakfast was sparse, but a better version is available across the street at their sister hotel.
1 night trip Sep 18, 2014
Riseball
"Spacious rooms"
Room was very spacious for the price. Much more than I expected. Very clean also. Staff was very helpful.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
karen
"The hotel is a bit old"
The room is very spacious which is great. But there was a smell in the room which reminded you the hotel is old and the air circulation is not good.
2 night trip Sep 10, 2014
Kris
"Decent hotel suite"
My husband and I rented a suite that had a door between the bedroom and living room (we need a 'snore' room). We liked the layout, but the fold out couch wasn't very comfortable, and could have used a new mattress. The furniture is a bit dated, and the air conditioner in the bedroom was held together with duct tape, and was dusty. We went to the hotel across the street (owned by the same group) for breakfast as the choices were limited in our hotel. The service at the restaurants owned by the same group was slow, but the food was good. We liked that we could walk to the restaurants for dinner.
Other trip Sep 12, 2014
Molly
"Visiting the mansions!"
Hotel was convient and affordable. It could have been cleaner, but ws fine for my overnight stay.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great little getaway"
Room was great. Great neighborhood and local food. Room was a little in need of repair(stucco in the shower, wallpaper old, etc) but it was clean and very nice. I was on a business overnight passing through but would return
1 night business trip Sep 3, 2014
Doug
"Excellent location"
Truly enjoyed our stay at The Atlantic Beach Hotel and plan to come back next summer. The location was perfect!
2 night trip Aug 30, 2014
Lynn
"ok"
PROS, Next to the beach, 2 min beach walk max. friendly staff, behind the desk and maintenance. CONS, not a big selection for the continental breakfast. The rooms need to be redone. Our carpet was ripped, wallpaper peeling and black mildew on the ceiling in the bathroom. My experience. My wife and I were celebrating our one year anniversary and we were looking for a place not to far from home. After reading, looking on the map and seeing the picture of hotel I booked thinking no matter what we would have a nice view. We would be mistaken. One checking in the hotel the placed us on the first floor. (No view) then when we walked in or room. It's smelt dank most likely from the bathroom mildew. Possibly the old carpets that were tearing at the track where the living room met the tile floor in the kitchen. The bed was comfortable lots of pillows. The tv's in the room are kinda old (tube tv's) but I must say they have all the classics on DVD in the lobby. As far as hospitality they are very nice I met a few people Jeff the maintenance man was very nice he have is directions and didn't judge us. So the big question, would I go again. Probably not, unless I herd they re did the rooms. Then I might but would ask for a room on a higher floor or if they cut there prices in half. I hope I don't come off snotty or a complainer, I am not. I just prefer to get what I pay for.
2 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Benjamin
"great location, roomy suites"
The hotel is across from the beach and walking distance to the cliffwalk and many restaurants and bars. It is a short drive to downtown, also walkable if you wanted to. We had a king bed w/sofa bed room and it was actually a 2 room suite- very spacious. The included breakfast was an added bonus. We will definitely stay here again!
2 night family trip Aug 27, 2014
"good"
nice
3 night trip Aug 26, 2014
juana cornejo
Great place to stay- close to the beach and very friendly staff- will stay there next time in New Port
1 night trip Aug 21, 2014
dmg
It was good the shuttle service downtown was convenient the driver was a little strange. The beach smelled bad. Downtown newport is close by and is really fun
1 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
"Tiny breakfast in a cramped hall. Poor facilities."
A few unpleasant surprises with this one. Teenage receptionist who seemed unprepared. Room ok nothing special. You can use other one's facilities. You need to this one has nothing. If you can't get a better local hotel then this one is ok. No reception on 1st floor. Flood zone so I understand but still a pain. The other one has some of the bigger rooms too plus it has the pool and has a much bigger breakfast choice. Remember you can use the others pool and breakfast but who wants to walk across a busy road all the time. Sucks. Worst part is breakfast. It was in the tiny reception area. They put tables in the halls and if you wanted egg it came wrapped in a microwaveable hot pocket. The choice was tiny and balanced on a tiny table. The choice in the other one was much bigger and eating area, although still a little cramped was much better. For location it was very good. You are near beach (TIP..go the far end of beach to avoid all the seagull and sea weed) plus the cliff walk is over there) (Another TIP.. right where the cliff walk begins is a wonderful restaurant with amazing views and you can eat in garden overlooking cliff walk beach). I'm harsh on my overall rating because the 4 out of 5 it seems to get is misleading. Its really a two (three at a long stretch) out of 5. Hotel is relying on great location for the high rating but since they price in the location and offer poor service and cramped rooms on average between both hotels they don't deserve that.
3 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Sean Flynn
"Atlantic Beach Hotel and Suites"
Hotel is convenient for visitors wanting access to nearby Easton's beach, and to the attractions of Newport (the Cliff walk is just beyond the beach). Hotel rooms are designed as suites including a desk and sofa-bed, and also provide a small refrigerator and microwave. The nearby restaurants make dining convenient for those who decide not to venture out to Newport. Hotel offers a basic breakfast service in the lobby, but there is very limited seating space (many guests eat in their rooms).
3 night trip with friends Aug 19, 2014
"A NO-BRAINER CHOICE"
STAY HERE INSTEAD OF NEWPORT! Suites in Newport are $350 to $750 - this was $144 with free parking! You can walk to Newport's town beach AND the Cliff Walk from here - you can't do that if you stay in Newport. With the money you save, you can easily pay to park in downtown Newport when you visit downtown. The added bonus of this place is a discount at the beach club/restaurant/lounge across the street - a complete Lobster Boil at a table outside in a romantic setting so close to the sand that you can hear the waves -$31.50!! And eat at Flo's next door too! I cannot wait to stay here again next year! And free breakfast!
2 night trip Aug 20, 2014
Jay C.
Had a great time: great location, good weather. *****************************************************
Other trip Aug 20, 2014
the hotel is very well situated near the beach, although a required car's drive of a mile or two to the center of Newports where the action, restaurants, docks and boats are all located. the rooms are big and comfortable, however they are old, and in our case, smelly... my wife smelled dog and dog urine!!! i did not.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Eh... not exactly what I expected."
I wasn't expecting a five star hotel, but I was expecting a clean room. There was hair from a previous guest on the bathroom floor and I ended up washing to the floor to pick it up and it was filthy. I wouldn't walk around in that hotel room without shoes. It just didn't seem clean at all. The location is nice though being close to the beach and ABC, but I don't think I would return.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Caroline
"Loved It"
A two day getaway to the beach with my daughter and I to celebrate our birthdays. The beach was wonderful and only about a mile to the Newport shops! We had a great time.
Other trip Aug 14, 2014