All hotels in Middletown, Rhode Island, United States of America
34 Wave Ave, Middletown, RI, 02842, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"49 happy years together"
We have stayed there several times and could not have been any more satisfied to repeat staying again to celebrate our 49th wedding anniversary. We will make another stay in the near future if the price is right.
3 night romance trip May 26, 2015
Judy
"Nice View"
Walking distance to restaurants and shops. Terrible terrible pillows!
Other trip May 26, 2015
Rachel
"GREAT location."
We chose this property due to proximity to the mansions and cliff walk etc. Our suite was newly remodeled and spotless. We stayed 3 nights, Tues-Fri. Slept great, all was quiet, we had an end unit facing Easton Pond. Expedia price ($68/night) was amazing. When we checked in our key cards would not open the door, went back to the desk, they reprogrammed the cards and we tried again. No luck. Back to desk and we our room was changed. No problem after that. The hotel advertises light breakfast, served in hotel lobby. It was OK but substandard compared to most hotels that offer breakfast. The lobby is extremely small and has huge overstuffed furniture that serves no purpose. Space could be better used by removing sofas and bringing in the small tables/chairs that are in the hall ways. Overall, our experience was positive and we will stay here again. Can't beat the location.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Newport Mansion Trip"
Hotel was very affordable and the rooms were large with 2 king beds and a view of the bay inland. Very convenient to all the area attractions. Pleasant stay that simply met our needs and budget.
2 night romance trip May 18, 2015
bart
"Another happy stay"
As always everything was great. Hotel, location, everything. A real find!
Other trip May 22, 2015
"Definitely middle of the road - at best"
Not what I expected. Breakfast consisted of a bunch of muffins set out in the very small hotel lobby. They are supposedly re-doing the place, so maybe it will improve later in the season. No washcloths in the bathroom. Curtains were dirty. Comforter was ripped.
1 night trip with friends May 16, 2015
"Ok hotel"
Hotel is in a good location, near beach and cliff walk, NOT a walking distance to downtown. Shuttle service was available for $8 per person, drivers were really nice and helpful. Staff was ok. Hotel was clean. Morning breakfast was weak, parking was not an issue since we stayed during the week. For the price, it's a good deal.
3 night romance trip May 12, 2015
"Great place"
Very nice location. Modern clean rooms with comfortable beds. Easy walk to dining. Was undergoing some construction but was minimal.
Other trip May 17, 2015
PA traveler
"Two day visit"
The front desk people were very nice when you caught their attention in the back room. There was only one washcloth in the bathroom and when I asked for another, it was quickly delivered. But I was disappointed when the room as cleaned, only one washcloth was left again. We had two rooms with two beds and both had been slept in, so I thought it strange that once again, one washcloth. It appeared the cleaning help had swept the floor but never picked the small pile off the floor. But a very annoying thing was the cleaning help arrived around 8:00 a.m., gathered by the elevators ( our room was on the second floor) and talked for quite some time...as loudly as if they were in the parking lot. I found it very rude and inconsiderate for people who were not yet awake. We were up and our room wasn't right next to the elevator, but I could hear them clearly. The toiletries in the bathroom were haphazard...some things not replaced the second day, some new things added the second day. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast was okay but there was no place to eat unless you got on the elevator and went to your room or the little tables on the porch...which took some juggling since we never found a tray to put the food on. The price was good but I think I will stay somewhere else when I return.
2 night trip with friends May 12, 2015
"Dependable"
Always happy to return. Welcoming helpful staff. Remodeling going on. Always clean and ready. Could use charger outlets on desk or lamps.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Cheaper option to staying in central newport"
Spending a couple of days around the newport area.
1 night romance trip May 11, 2015
Great beach hotel. Wonderfully located across street from Easton's Beach (aka First Beach). Hotel room was large and neat. Hotel staff friendly and helpful.
1 night romance trip May 8, 2015
"The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean."
Unfortunately, construction started the day after our arrival. So the lobby was noisy, construction people kept moving furniture in and out, and it was hard to have the free breakfast during the morning there. Also, they forgot to buy milk the first day and we had to wait 1.5 hours for it. Although our rooms were clean, we never understood why they were not mugs or cups in the room if there was a coffee maker in the room, and the number of towels seems to change every day: some days we had two complete sets and some days it seems that the wash cloths were missing.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Comfortable and welcoming"
Great location, room renovations good. Need outlets for chargers.
Other trip May 13, 2015
"Mothers day getaway"
Excellent ro for the price
1 night trip May 10, 2015
Denise
"Hotel was very dirty. They served "continental" br"
Hotel was very dirty. Breakfast was served in a hallway table with dirty tablecloth, no cooling material for perishables. Asked for extra pillows and blanket, I was brought one pillow, j asked for a few more because they are very small not even a twin sized pillow, and the attendant gave me the stink eye, and a huff, then brought me back one single more pillow. The room was ok, found yeah behind the tables. Not very clean. Not worth your money.
Other trip May 12, 2015
"Great location great price"
Booked a room last minute based on how close it was to the cliff walk. Rates were the lowest in the area and we were very surprised with the size and quality of the room, very clean, large and comfortable. Great restaurants in walking distance for all 3 meals, and hotel staff was super friendly and caring.
1 night trip with friends May 7, 2015
Nicole
"A Gem..."
Great location near Cliff Walk...Great room for the price. I would definitely stay here again. Good restaurants in walking distance. Nice view out my window.
1 night trip May 4, 2015
"RI IN FRESH STYLE"
Very nicely renovated.
2 night trip with friends Apr 30, 2015
"Great stay and a great rate!"
We only stayed for 2 nights but it was a good stay. The desk clerks were great and attentive. The hotel is doing renovationso so there workers around. The room I stayed in was newly remodeled and was very comfortable. I would stay here again for sure.
2 night romance trip Apr 28, 2015
Alexander
"nice hotel, next to beach, pleasant people"
all good,didnt want to leave.beautiful area very nice people
Other trip Apr 25, 2015
"Great View!"
The hotel is in a great location. We had a beach view, which was great! The hotel is minutes to the Cliff Walk and Newport Mansions. It is currently being renovated but we were not inconvenienced in any way.
1 night family trip Apr 21, 2015
"Really close to pretty beach."
Cliff walk and ocean drive are right there.very pretty houses and mansions to oggle over
Other trip Apr 24, 2015
Norco
"Almost just right"
The only disappointment was the breakfast venue, we were told we could use the comfort in, and that seemed too small also. Besides that it was very clean, hotel employees very pleasant and we loved the water view from our room.
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
Henry
"Perfect Weekend Getaway!"
This is a great place to stay. The price was right and they are making a lot of improvements to the hotel. Our room was clean and a perfect size. It had a mini fridge and microwave. They replaced the carpet in the room with laminate flooring which is a great idea which gave it a much cleaner feel. You can get complimentary breakfast at the Comfort Inn, which is across the parking lot. All in all, we had an awesome weekend away.
2 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
"comforting Getaway"
very enjoyable..comfortable..clean..top rate service from staff..breakfast excellent too..hotel clerk fine telling us the best places to go for everything local..
1 night romance trip Apr 17, 2015
donald
"Perfect Hotel to do Newport"
This hotel was perfect for Easton Beach and doing the Cliff Walk. Also liked that it was a King suite as the children were separate. Bathrooms not luxurious like a Ritz Carlton, but it is Ok for Newport. price off season is really wonderful as well.
1 night family trip Apr 13, 2015
"Never again!"
I first called the hotel for details/specifics prior to booking. I spoke to Jen who was wonderful, but that was honestly the only thing wonderful about the whole experience. I was in a room just off from where the elevator was, which apparently is housekeepings party lounge. The commotion started very early and lasted hours! I always book at a hotel with a fitness center, yes this hotel has one but was told I could not use as the hotel was remodeling and that was used as storage. The breakfast should not be allowed to be called that...previously frozen muffins, danish pastries and croissants (no toaster for these might I add) don't constitute breakfast! I booked a "suite, 1 bedroom" it was literally a room with 2 king beds with a concrete partition between the 2 beds and one TV at the end of that....WHAT! The additional chain lock was broken, there were no "do not disturb/privacy" signs....Never again!!
2 night family trip Apr 17, 2015
CURTIS
Everything was great We stayed at the Carriage House Inn. Was pleasantly surprised at the Continental Breakfast that was served Will definitely stay there again We were in Room 4 and thought it was perfect for us.
1 night romance trip Apr 11, 2015
Margo
"Not what I expected"
Our purpose for staying was a family wedding next door. The rooms were not up to par...our room had a heating problem...there were no face cloths in the bathroom and one of the TV's was not functioning properly. Several from our group had problems checking in...renovations on the third floor were a major distraction. The elevator was very slow. I somehow expected more from your much-touted facility.
1 night family trip Mar 28, 2015
"Huge clean room"
I did not expect to get so much room for the price. Huge king size (or bigger) bed, big sitting room with pull out couch and tv, microwave, fridge, and separate sink from the bathroom. The view of the ocean from the window was fantastic, and just a short walk to Easton Beach and the mansion walk. Very clean, but bathroom could use updating. Great room for a great price. I would definitely stay there again
Other trip Mar 31, 2015
Mel
Had a great time and sleep. Will definatly go again.
Other trip Mar 18, 2015
"VERY NICE PLACE, GREAT LOCATION"
The room (King Suite) was so perfect. The pull out couch is in a different room so we were able to have privacy from our grandson. There was a nice little chair and ottoman that we were able to move and fit into our bedroom so that I could sit up and read. There are two TV's in there too. I loved the room...BUT, the heater didn't work right and the bathroom fan screamed so loud. I did let the service know about this. Hopefully they will fix it. The breakfast is not even worth counting on. The set up was not great and it was not adequate for even bother offering. There were a couple pastries & mini muffins, instant oatmeal & yogurt. Guess I was not happy because I can't eat any of that stuff. They ran out of food and didn't even replenish. I never asked for them to refill, so can't really blame them, but they should have been checking because the hotel was not that busy. Still, I would recommend this hotel because it was in a perfect spot and if the weather were warmer, you can walk to the beach (right across the light traffic street). The staff was friendly and the place was clean. What more can you ask. I just think a better offering for breakfast and a place to sit and eat the breakfast would have been nice.
Other trip Mar 15, 2015
DIANE
"Very Poorly Managed, Buyer Beware..."
The hotel was doing construction and upgrading some rooms, which is good. However, the construction was still going on at 10:30 pm right above my room, with hammering and loud banging. I called the front desk and was told "my manager paid them to work through the night, so there is nothing I can do". I explained that I would then call the police to ask them stop the construction, to which she replied "don't you threaten me." In any case, the police idea worked and the construction stopped before 11:00 pm ... of course it started right up again at 7:00 am. Of course, this may not happen to you if you decide to stay there, but I think it demonstrates a very poor attitude on the part of management and their consideration for their guests.
1 night trip Mar 12, 2015
chris
Lovely room, super comfy bed, great views of the water, good neighborhood with lots of places to eat
Other trip Mar 14, 2015
"Great value"
Excellent room for the price. Very comfortable and roomy. The king bed was excellent. We'll visit again for sure.
1 night romance trip Mar 4, 2015
"Great place for the $$"
Just needed a cheep place to stay in Newport. Hotel room was clean, large and comfortable! I would stay again.
1 night romance trip Feb 28, 2015
"Comfortable stay."
We were upgraded and that made the stay even nicer. Staff helpful and friendly. Only big drawback was the one tiny sink in bathroom and no sink in kitchenette area or other dressing area.
6 night family trip Feb 22, 2015
peter
It is odd that this hotel seems a bit run down since it's relatively new. Amenities you expect like a flat screen TV don't exist (it was an old tube TV). But the room was really large (2 King size beds!) and you can't beat the ocean view! If you don't plan on spending a lot of time in your room (and in Newport, who would), I think it's fine.
Other trip Feb 10, 2015
"Magnificent Views, Updates Needed"
Nice hotel, lovely views of Beach & Easton's Pond, but the air leaks around the HVAC units in the bedrooms were tough! We needed to keep the suite doors open to keep the heat moving from the overheated front room to the drafty bedroom areas. It worked, sort of. In the defense of the hotel - It was extremely cold & windy during our stay. Daytime temps were 15-18F & winds around 20-25 knots.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Cosmo
"Overnighter pre-blizzard"
Stay overall was pleasant. Room was immaculate & bed(s) VERY comfy. Complimentary buffet style breakfast across street at sister hotel was good & they had great coffee. I mention the hot coffee, as this was the morning recent blizzard began! The only 2 complaints i had was when i got to my room, it was very cold & took hours for heat on highest setting to bring it to comfortable temp. I know it is off season & was only in teens outside, but someone could have put heat on knowing i was arriving. Other thing was some of tv stations were 'normal' channels, yet were translating into spanish! Found a couple i could deal with, but if not an overnight stay, could see where this may be annoying.
1 night business trip Jan 25, 2015
"to cold to stay in hotel no heat had to leave"
It was freezing in our room couldn't stay in it. Came back hours later after we had to turn the heat on and it was still cold. Left in middle of the night.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
jeff
"great location"
great location
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"Front Desk Problem"
The front desk lady had a bad attitude. Called down twice hung up on me twice about HBO once she listened and call their cable company, we learned that they didn't have HBO. Very Clean but our room had holes in the walls. Two beds leave no room for lounging. But the lady that check us out was excellent.
3 night romance trip Jan 16, 2015
Gerald
"Love our room and proximity to Newport"
We planned on spending most of our time exploring Newport, and this hotel was very close, but without the Newport prices. We arrived before check-in and since there was a room ready, we could move right in. Rooms were spacious. We had a nice view. The beds were really comfortable. We had all we needed with a fridge, controllable heat and cocoa in the lobby. Places to eat were open which were walking distance, but we chose to dine in Newport.
Other trip Jan 20, 2015
Sharrun
"Ok for overnight stay"
It is fine for an overnight stay.
1 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
"A nice stay"
Excellent
1 night trip Jan 3, 2015
"Great hotel but don't bother with the pool"
Great hotel, great location, beautiful water-view room! Just don't go there for the pool. It's across the street, small, and unheated! The free breakfast was ok, but not as good as most.
1 night family trip Dec 28, 2014
Ava
Always enjoy staying here- great location!
1 night trip with friends Dec 12, 2014
Dr. Bryan
"clean and functional"
Decor is definitely dated but the room was clean and spacious, staff friendly and a water view was a bonus.
Other trip Dec 15, 2014