All hotels in Altrincham, England, United Kingdom

Uncomfortable
    Room is not nice
    Poor vibe

"Past its best"
The staff were very friendly but it was very expensive for fairly basic facilities. Bulbs not working, hair dryer not working, room a bit tatty - would not stay here again.
1 night family trip Oct 21, 2015
"Noisy neighbours!"
Couldn't fault the hotel staff or restaurant, but unfortunately the walls in the rooms were that thin, that you could almost see through them. I had some noisy neighbours who came back to the room just before 2am, and talked and watched TV until 4am, keeping me awake. If I had phoned down to reception, they would have heard me complaining about them anyway.
1 night business trip Oct 13, 2015
"Poor rooms, disappointed"
Numerous reasons for a bad stay here. Firstly there was no air conditioning in the room and the room was sweltering in October, the window opened onto a main road with high noise pollution making it difficult to sleep. Secondly I booked a king room which was formed of two singles pushed together, normally this might not be an issue however they were at noticeably different heights.
1 night business trip Oct 12, 2015
"Disappointing Stay"
Booked in for one night only. Would not want to stay longer. The room was above the function room so a lot of noise from the disco. We had a drink in the bar and we could not believe the amount of litter on the floor. The reception area was also untidy. The bedroom was small and very hot. The bar staff were not particularly welcoming just about bordering on the surly.
Other trip Oct 12, 2015
"Flash in the pan."
Arriving in Manchester airport on an early morning flight we had no time to properly enjoy the hotel other than for sleep but would certainly stay here again after our experience.
1 night romance trip Oct 2, 2015
andrew
"Great location for the town and metro into city."
This hotel was recommend to us from a friend who stayed here recently. The hotel is situated perfectly to walk 10 mins into the centre, the hotel was very clean and the service excellent. The breakfast was brilliant it consisted of continental, full English,fruit and yogurt toast to croissants. We would use this hotel again.
1 night romance trip Sep 26, 2015
Lorraine
"Great stay, great service."
Nice hotel, nice room, I asked for a quiet room and got just that. I will stay again if I'm in the area.
1 night business trip Sep 27, 2015
Room space limited as bed too large for the room. Restaurant overpriced for the quality. Breakfast staff knew what they were doing but not so with those serving dinner.
4 night romance trip Sep 20, 2015
Clive
"En route to Scotland"
The whole event was very enjoyable and satisfying.
Other trip Sep 26, 2015
"Good for airport stay"
Good simple stay close to airport. Bar was a bit simple and room small, service on desk abrupt but fine for what we needed for airport stay.
1 night trip with friends Sep 17, 2015
Rebecca
"NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECTED"
THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL WAS THAT IT WAS WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE TO THE LITTLE VILLAGE. THE ROOM WAS NOT NICE, THERE WAS AN ADJOINING DOOR, AND AFTER WE WERE ASLEEP SOMEONE WAS TRYING TO OPEN THE DOOR. VERY NOISY, SHOWER WAS TERRIBLE, AND THERE WAS NO WATER PRESSURE.
Other trip Sep 22, 2015
WENDY
Only a few hours stay before flight aboard !!
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"Crest Court"
One night business trip, was OK, no complaints. Altrincham has some good pubs and restaurants nearby.
1 night business trip Sep 16, 2015
kenneth
"Overnight stay"
We stayed overnight prior to a morning flight. The staff were delightful and the room was clean and comfortable. Whilst it was on the small side it was perfectly adequate for our overnight stay. Only negative was that the walls were paper thin and when people next door got up at 4am for their trip to the airport they sounded as of they were in the same room. There was an adjoining door which was locked but a rather large ?keyhole was stuffed up with tissues presumably to prevent being able to see through. Only 15 - 20 mins to the airport so would book again for this reason.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"Comfortable, good value hotel, fairly near airport"
Hotel itself was fine. Night desk staff assisted with an overcharging taxi but didn't seem very concerned about it. Friendly restaurant manager, good breakfast.
1 night business trip Sep 12, 2015
Alan
"Grubby shower curtain"
Hotel in reasonable condition & location as expected. Shower curtain grubby, bathroom dated and not very clean. Ok for 1 night stop but not any longer!
1 night romance trip Sep 12, 2015
Patrick
"Convenience and comfort for Altrincham visitors."
Staff in Reception were helpful and efficient. On my second evening at the hotel, the pipes behind the bathroom in my room developed a loud banging noise. Reception were not able to deal with the noise, but they did move me to another, better grade room without any argument. Used the dining room for breakfast, which I thought was good value at £9.50. Hotel is well situated, being near to the centre of Altrincham and to the tram and bus stations.
1 night trip with friends Sep 12, 2015
"modern, clean hotel."
The room was clean, comfortable and in good condition. Would happily stay there again
1 night family trip Sep 7, 2015
"Not impressed overall"
We ordered room service via reception as there was no one answering room service phone, and it took nearly 1.5 hrs, and one follow up call, to arrive. This meant we were nearly late for the wedding as we left the hotel late! The wedding reception was held at the hotel later and the excuse given for lateness was that the staff were so busy organising a wedding (um not good to give that as a reason when quite likely the person is going to the wedding mentioned!)... frankly there should have been more staff on to cope as numbers were known about! That's said reception was lovely and food was great... but it did take over an hour to serve, again because there were not enough waiters/staff! it did not spoil the day though and all other issues were dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Other trip Sep 8, 2015
Alison
Room140,very small room,bathroom door wouldn't shut,bad reception on TV,carpet smelly,iron didn't work,room very dated.Next door to a noisy plant room,if we hadn't been so tired,would have returned home. Poor value for money,compared to premier inns
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Sandra
"A nice hotel close to Manchester Airport"
great hotel, excellent and friendly staff, very accommodating at a reasonable price. Carpet in the suite could do with being replaced, our toilet didn't work properly. A few pubs close by but not much in the way of coffee shops and food stores. Front desk quoted me 12 pound to airport but it was actually 20. A good hotel and a reasonable price.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
"pictures liik a lot better than the actual room"
I had high expectations and had booked a king bed so expected a larger room and this is the smallest king bedded room I have ever seen in my life.Even the travelodge rooms in central London are larger than this.The bathroom looked old and worn and the bathroom door did not even close properly.There were drunk people from the wedding being rowdy downstairs and then they were in the lift so we had to go up the stairs.I think that we must have been in one of the unfurbished rooms and that is disappointing considering that I had requested an upgrade to an executive king room.The travelodge or premier inn would have been nicer for a similar or less price.Even the bed was not comfortable as it was 2 single beds put together as one king!
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
fizzy
"Don't stay during summer"
Family of four in a large room. It was very hot (Summer) and there was no air conditioning, just some fans, and you couldn't open the windows. It was cooler in the corridors than the rooms and we noticed that several people had the doors to their room ajar to let some cooler air in. Beds were comfortable and the room was spacious even with two queen and a sofa bed.
Other trip Aug 19, 2015
"Business Trip"
Business trip - stayed here before enjoyable stay again
1 night business trip Aug 10, 2015
All good. Comfortable stay.
2 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
"Ideal"
Just needed an overnight stay for am early start to the airport next morning. Ideal, well placed, will definitely use this hotel again for this reason.
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
Angela
"August 2015"
Stayed here to attend tatton park classical music fest...was pleasantly suprised by hotel standard for £50 (inc breakfast for 2)..sunday night
1 night romance trip Aug 2, 2015
"Excellent location"
The hotel was functional. Only grabbed a sandwich but it was delicious. The room was small, as wanted a king bed, got 2 singles pushed together, a tad uncomfortable with the middle hard line. The lobby downstairs area was lovely. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
Alison
"Decent hotel"
Hotel was clean and comfortable for our one night stay. I would stay here again as it was good value for money.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Justin
"Ok at Cresta"
My wife complained the bed was hard, I wasn't bothered myself
3 night business trip Jul 3, 2015
"Not a bad hotel"
Average accomodation. Jumbo bed took up too much room in the bedroom. We stayed a Saturday and Sunday night and there was much noise until well after midnight. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Convenient location.
2 night romance trip Jun 27, 2015
"goog enough"
Took the metro into Manchester and back then again later for the cricket at old Trafford. The hotel is handy for the m56 motorway and the rather run down Altrincham centre. The hotel seems nice enough though. Prices are similar to premier inn but as a hotel classier
2 night romance trip Mar 8, 2015
Room was sound nothing spectacular clean and comfy traffic on the main road outside really noisy apart from that fine
1 night family trip Jun 13, 2015
"Nice hotel good parking arrangements"
Room was excellent, I stayed for two nights very polite staff at reception, bar and breakfast. The only issue I had with the hotel is that I didn't have any hot water for my showers both mornings. This wouldn't put me off staying again as its location was great for local bars an restaurants
Other trip Jun 19, 2015
"a good town centre hotel"
we stayed in altrincham for a night out; it was very convenient and ideal for our needs
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
"Excellent location and the staff were very accomod"
We stayed 4 nights for a family wedding. When I realized I had forgotten the tape for the present - the staff obliged. We needed assistance with the room - within ten minutes someone was there. The location was with walking distance of transit, great restaurants and beautiful tree lined streets and buildings. The rooms are "English sized" - small but quite adequate for a stay. We did have a problem with our door security - you had to pull it shut forcefully and double check to ensure it had latched - but it was very easy to remedy once we discovered the problem.
Other trip Jun 2, 2015
LBT
"Cresta Altrincham"
I have stayed here a few times, always fine. this is not a 5 star hotel, obviously, but it is clean and well presented, and the staff are friendly and helpful. breakfast is ok, a smorgasboard for about 10 pounds, other dining is pretty average, but there are plenty of good restaurants within 5 minutes walk in Altrincham. The rooms are clean and have a bath. For the price, recommended.
Other trip Jun 1, 2015
Micah
"visiting"
lovely hotel & staff but bed & pillows rediculously hard
1 night romance trip May 22, 2015
Mrs L
"Convenient location in conjunction to venue attend"
Room basic but clean. Could do with updating. Hotel chosen as excellent location for a business course being attended nearby. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay again if back in the area
Other trip May 23, 2015
Helen
"Convenient for the airport"
Slept very well Drive to airport fast and convenient
Other trip May 11, 2015
jim
"nice hotel handy for the comute to manchester"
Now stayed here twice and nice hotel, lounge bar to chill in, rather limited menu choice but a number of pubs within just a few minutes walk offering food, only 5 mins walk to tram station into manchester,the hotel hosts various courses and classes in its rooms so the carpark can get busy and some guests had to park on the street nearby but very rare .
3 night romance trip Feb 24, 2015
"Business stay."
Business stay. Hotel clean and tidy, service good. Will stay again.
1 night business trip May 5, 2015
Arthur
"Don't trust booking at this hotel"
This is the first hotel who took my payment for two nights; and because I was not able to stay the first night, they cancelled my total booking. Leaving me 190 miles from home at 11pm at night with nowhere to stay. Hopeless policy, hopeless staff. Never again!
Other trip Mar 19, 2015
Neil
"Tv"
Only real problem Only bbc channels to working first night and second night only a few extra was working
2 night business trip Mar 9, 2015
"Convenient for Altrincham and surrounding areas"
Comfortable hotel for a short leisure or business trip. Rooms clean and comfortable.
3 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Average"
Close to the train station so a decent location. The hotel is dated and I would say overpriced for what it is. The room was comfortable but was very small and there was a tumbleweed of a hairball in my bath tub which wasn't so appealing. Ok for the night
1 night business trip Feb 25, 2015
"Thin walls"
Walls are paper thin. Any noise from next room is clearly audible. Avoid weekends due to stag/hen nights!!
2 night business trip Feb 27, 2015
Graeme
"Grotty Hotel"
The rooms in this hotel are grotty! I have stayed there twice (no choice as its close to my office). This time I had an Executive Room. This is just a bigger area to be grotty. The room didnt feel or look clean, the net curtains at the window were grey and had holes in. The snaurary ware dates back to the 1970's with a half hearted attempt at a spruce up with cheap and nasty taps. If you have any choice, don't stay here
1 night business trip Feb 24, 2015
Nicholas
"Comfortable stay"
A comfortable hotel for a short leisure or business stay. The hotel does have wedding and other functions which we could hear in the evening but finished at a reasonable hour. The bathroom could do with a bit of an upgrade as the shower over the bath was not very powerful and water temperature varied from hot to cold. Other than that the rooms are clean and comfortable and the service friendly.
3 night family trip Feb 21, 2015
"Few hiccups but a pleasant stay"
I went to stay here with my partner, on arrival impressed with the hotel, it's cool quirky and up to date. Got to our room and it didn't appear to match the rest of the hotel it was cold, small and nothing like the pictures, after going for a walk around the nearby town we decided to tell reception that we weren't happy without our room that had been allocated to us, and just like that they moved us into a lovely spacious room In seconds, which was much better and true to the photos on the website :-) I did think why were we not in that room to begin with but nevermind it was no trouble for them. Breakfast was good after they allowed us as they claimed we hadn't paid for breakfast in our deal, but we had and it was soon rectified. Overall a pleasant stay.
1 night romance trip Feb 14, 2015