All hotels in Winchester, Kentucky, United States of America
1307 W Lexington Ave, Winchester, KY, 40391, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Delicious food
  • Value
    Poor vibe
    Bad amenities
"Good choice if traveling through"
Just traveling through. It was a good choice and good morning food.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with other travelers. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again the next time you are in Winchester.
1 night business trip Jan 21, 2016
Holly
"Saved $ and didn't miss a thing."
Needed a place to stay to pick up our new car at the local dealer on our way to Gatlinburg, TN... this was a great and inexpensive choice without feeling cheap.
1 night romance trip Jan 14, 2016
The lobby was nicely decorated. The receptionist was exceptional.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the positive review. Your business is very important to us and we appreciate having had the opportunity to serve you. It was an honor having you as our guest. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2015
"Great value"
This is my go-to hotel in the Frankfort. It consistently has good service and is clean and comfortable. This time, I added in my comments that I needed a rollaway and was travelling with a dog. Everything was ready for me when I arrived -- the easiest check-in I've ever had.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate your business and were happy to accommodate you and your pet. We appreciate the wonderful compliments and look forward to see you again the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
"Best breakfast I've seen and caring owners"
The continental breakfast was the best I have had in this type of hotel. They really had healthy stuff that I eat at home: almond milk, chia seeds, steel cut oatmeal and fruit salad. Highly recommend if you want to eat something other than donuts and junk. Also had food for people with milk and gluten allergies. The manager/owner was at breakfast helping people talking to them, watching kids and really wonderful. The heater in our room wasn't working and we were quickly and easily moved to the room next door. They have remodeled and updated the appearance of the place but next priority would be to replace the old and very loud bath fans and heaters. But it is obvious that the owners care and up updating as they can.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
On behalf of our team, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay but do apologize for any inconvenience that the heating issue may have cause you. We are glad that you were able to have breakfast with us and thank you for the wonderful compliments. It was an honor having you as our guest. Please come back and stay with us again.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Doug
"Great Value"
Great value. Clean room, comfortable bed, and friendly staff. All I need when travelling on business.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Robert, Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your business and are thrilled with the positive review. It was an honor having you as our guest and we hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Winchester.
1 night business trip Nov 6, 2015
WE STAY HERE ALOT ROOM IS ALWAYS CLEAN. BUT DONT BE IN A HURRY TO CHECK IN THEY ARE ALITTLE SLOW. GOT THERE 5 MIN BEFORE THE CHECKIN TIME AND WAS TOLD ROOM WAS NOT READY WOULD BE ANOTHER 30 MIN.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for leaving a review. We thank you for your loyalty and want you to know that we really appreciate your business. I am sorry if you had trouble checking in. Due to unforeseen circumstances we were running a little behind. Please except our apologies for the inconvenience. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
3 night family trip Oct 15, 2015
JENNIFER
"ITS FINE FOR WHAT IT IS."
the hotel has just been done over,IT IS WORTH WHAT YOU PAY NICE PEOPLE AT DESK
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business and hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Winchester.
6 night trip Oct 5, 2015
kevin
"Soewhere between Lexington and Morehead State"
The hotel rates pretty well in terms of what we could find in Morehead. The price was good. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was incredible in that there was a selection of alternatives to the basic "free breakfast" hotel crap that is served at much more expensive places, in other states as well. There were real nuts, gluten free breakfast cereal, oatmeal, grits, etc. There was even filtered water and organic tea available. My biggest issue was the age of the room and the inferior plumbing/bathroom fixtures.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize for any problems that you may have encountered with your room. Your business is very important to us and we hope you will us another opportunity to serve you.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Great place to stay, super clean and friendly"
This was a great find! My wife and I were traveling through the area and needed a hotel for the night. If was a last minute booking but we gave it a shot. We couldn't have asked for a better stay. Every staff member we talked to, from the check-in clerk to the owner, was incredibly friendly. They genuinely wanted to know if there was anything at all that would make our stay better. They had already done everything we needed. The hotel was luxury hotel clean without the luxury hotel price. Our room was on the ground floor closest to the entrance and the main road and we weren't effected by any outside noises. The only thing that could have used a fix was the shower head. Trying to change the settings was very tough, like it had been tightened too much. That is really the only thing we didn't like.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the wonderful compliments. Your business is very important to us and we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Winchester. P.S. We will look into the shower head issue and make any adjustments needed. Sincerely, Gina Shah
1 night romance trip Sep 18, 2015
"OK, but had an issue"
It was late when I arrived, so since I was alone, I felt it could've been lit more. This place has all outside access to rooms, which I wasn't crazy about, but since the late hour, I went ahead and checked in. I noticed a couple of flies that evening in my room but was so tired, I slept without a problem, but the next morning it seemed like more flies and something stinky on the floor in front of the sink.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We apologize for any inconvenience that the issues you encountered may have caused. Please know, we will be looking into this with the intent to fix any of the problems that you experienced. We appreciate your business and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
1 night trip Sep 7, 2015
Jackie
"Don't miss the breakfast"
Took my family to Natural Bridge State park. Upon arrival my wife found some dried dog droppings on the floor. It was small so she just threw it away. The bathroom floor could have been cleaner. Ruby was wonderful at breakfast and all the day staff was great. The breakfast was outstanding for a continental. Overall if we come back to this area we would probably stay there or at the state park.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
We would like to offer our sincerest apologies regarding the cleanliness issues that you encountered during your stay with us. Please know that we are looking into this matter and are focused on improving. We thank you for your honesty and are happy that you enjoyed your stay despite this. We do hope that you will stay with us again.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
dennis
"Kind of hard to find, but very quiet."
Great bed, and spacious room. The staff was very willing to accommodate every request, and even offered to try to find us a needle and thread when they didn't have a safety pin.
Other trip Aug 16, 2015
Motel was being remodeled It was in z terrible traffic position
Response by Best Western Country Squire
We apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to provide all of our guests with an exceptional experience and are sorry we failed to so for you. We do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and return once renovations to our lobby are complete. Sincerely, Gina Shah General Manager
1 night family trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice n comfy"
Nice..they have refurnished.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Your business is very important to us so we hope you will return and allow us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional lodging experience.
1 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Pooja
"Clean and comfortable"
This is obviously an older property, but it was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. During our stay the lobby was being renovated so check-in and breakfast were in adjoining guest rooms, but this was only a minor inconvenience. Overall, we had a good experience.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay but apologize for any inconvenience that the renovations may have caused you. We do hope you will return once these improvements are complete so we can provide with a more exceptional stay.
Other trip Jul 27, 2015
Very enjoyable, staff very friendly, breakfast was OK.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Although we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay we are sorry for not being able to provide you with better stay. We do hope that you will return once renovations are complete so we can provide you with more exceptional lodging experience.
2 night family trip Jul 20, 2015
The room was just fine for our one night stay. Towels were fluffy and bed was comfy. Breakfast was filling and enjoyable, and the office staff was very hospitable and friendly. Would stay again!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are extremely happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It was an honor to have you as our guest and we do hope that you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in Winchester.
Other trip Jul 4, 2015
Bethie
"Clean and very modern hotel room."
I was very happy with my stay. The hotel has been remodeled and it was quite comfortable. The shower had good water pressure and the amenities were nice.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the wonderful compliments. We do hope that you will return the next time you are in the area and allow us another chance to serve you.
Other trip Jun 30, 2015
They were in the middle of remodeling during our stay. The check in office was a hotel room. Which was extremely tight and cluttered. I know they couldn't help it but it wasn't comfortable. When I check into hotels I like to see a nice bright comfortable room. Our room was already remodeled it looked great. They are little rooms so there wasn't a table to sit at. As soon as you turned into the hotel the driveway went straight up into a little parking lot. Wasn't the most ideal situation. But overall it wasn't a horrible hotel. Oh and they had a clean swimming pool!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the wonderful compliments and apologize for any inconvenience that our renovations may have caused. We do hope that you will return the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
"Not for the Family"
Bikers galore, noise, loud, beer drinking, very unrested, night and drove all night long from Florida the night before. Never again! It was one big parking lot party!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Bobbie, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry for not exceeding your expectations. Please know that we have staff on hand 24 hours and would be more than happy to talk to any guests creating a disturbance. Your business and satisfaction are very important to us and we hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with an exceptional lodging experience. For now, please except our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience you that encountered during your stay with us.
1 night family trip May 23, 2015
Bobbie
"nice and clean."
We were awaken by people in next room talking and sneezing. Almost like they were in our room. All staff were very kind and helpful. The listing had country in it even though it was on a busy highway.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our property. I apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced and do hope that you will return and allow us another chance to provide you with an outstanding experience.
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
"Happy, nice stay"
Was a nice stay, they are under construction, but this did not effective the service received and the free breakfast was very good.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Linda, Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your business is very important to us and we do hope to see you again.
1 night family trip May 2, 2015
"Nice motel"
Amazing Breakfast Selection. Lot's of variety. Comfortable rooms. Would stay again if in the area,
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you so much for the positive feedback! Your business is very much appreciated and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area.
1 night family trip Jan 1, 2015
"Smoker:ok. Non-smoker:terrible"
Pd for non-smoking room, walked in & eyes started watering, sneezing etc. terrible odor! Our clothing had to be washed twice, even my purse smelled.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Leslie, Please except my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. We are a smoke free facility and your room should not have smelled like that. Please know that we are taking this seriously and are focused on improving our communication with future guests and visitors regarding our No-Smoking policy as well as out towns smoking laws and fines. We also are looking into various products cleaning methods in an effort to eliminate any odorous residue left by previous guests. In the mean time, I do hope that you will return and allow us another chance to provide you with an exceptional lodging experience.
leslie
"Great experience! I would recommend it!"
The room was nice and clean and the price was not bad. It looked just like it did in the pictures. It included a microwave and refrigerator, which was super nice! The staff were friendly and even allowed us to check out 1-hour later for no additional charge. That was great because we didn't get back from the concert until late and we were tired. Overall, it was great!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the wonderful compliments. Your business is very important to us and we do hope that you will return the next time you are in the area.
1 night trip with friends Nov 1, 2014
Samantha
"Nice enough hotel. Somewhat unfriendly staff"
First arrived at the motel and spoke with a fairly unpleasant attendant. Being in town for a concert, I took a shot in trying to check in early. She sort of laughed at me and acted as if I was crazy in requesting this. I asked what would be the best time to come back and she replied " 'bout 3pm", which is an hour past their early check in time. I wasn't upset about not being able to check in early, just not happy with how unfriendly and unhelpful she was. We back around 230pm and all went well and check in was a breeze. The room was clean and tidy. No issues there. Checkout was a breeze and do not have any complaints regarding the outside or the other tenants in the building.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Brad, I apologize for any inconvenience that you encountered while staying with us. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are focused on improving. Your business is very important to us and we thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your review. It is my sincerest hope that you will return and allow us another chance to serve you.
Other trip Nov 3, 2014
Brad
"good breakfast"
breakfast was better than most hotels in their price range.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We do hope that you will consider us again the next time you are in Winchester.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
DaGa
good
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for rating your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the opportunity to serve you. We do hope you will consider us again the next time you are in the area.
3 night trip Oct 15, 2014
"Great renovation"
We had stayed at this hotel several years ago and were very disappointed with it. The rooms stunk of smoke, and it just wasn't a great experience. I am happy to say that it has made a complete turnaround. The newly remodeled rooms were very comfortable and clean. There was NO smell of smoke, and the bed was extremely cozy and comfortable. Great job and we will definitely be staying here again in the future!!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for giving us a second chance and would be honored to serve you again in the future.
3 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
Steven G. Averette Jr.
"Not what I had expected"
Room was outdated. Room had lingering cigarette odor. unpainted plaster spots on the walls. Thin walls with noisy neighbors. (Noisy neighbors are not the hotel's fault) Unclean bathroom and shower. Staff was friendly and breakfast was good.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business and apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please know that we will be using your feedback to help implement improvements to our facility. I am sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay and hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.
1 night family trip Oct 10, 2014
william
"Worth the $$$"
great location if you don't require marble bathtubs. Great breakfast, friendly staff and clean room. Worth the $$$
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your business and feedback are very much appreciated and we do hope you will consider us again.
2 night romance trip Oct 3, 2014
"Kentucky trip"
good location to explore this area of Kentucky
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the great review. We appreciate your business and hope you will consider us again.
1 night trip Sep 14, 2014
"very nice hotel near the conference I attended"
the staff was very helpful and the room was very nice. The breakfast was very good.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate the great score and the wonderful compliments. We are honored to have been able to serve you during your recent visit to our area and hope that you will return in the future.
Other trip Sep 28, 2014
milton
"Good place to stay"
Nice older motel. Clean and well maintained. Friendly people. Close to restaurants.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Mr. Hubble, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and are honored to have been able to serve you. We do hope you will return the next time you are in Winchester.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Really pleased."
I hadn't stayed in a Best Western for a few years and was very, very pleased with this one. We were traveling with my elderly, disabled aunt and they were extremely accommodating and considerate with her needs. The room was spotless and smelled good which is not always the case in hotels even when they look fine. The desk folks were friendly and helpful and breakfast was not elaborate but had something for all three of us who all have very different tastes.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Wanda, Thank you for the wonderful review! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your feedback. We do hope that you will return and allow us another chance to serve you.
Other trip Sep 6, 2014
Wanda
"Best Western Country Squire, Winchester, KY"
Supposed to have free HBO - picture with no sound. Listing of TV channels in the info book were incorrect - NO ABC Channel. Asked to keep air conditioning above 72 degrees - it was 92 degrees outside. Air condition very loud to the point would wake us up when kicking on during the night. Horrible musty smell in the room. Will never choose this hotel again.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Please except my sincerest apologies for not exceeding your expectations. We are sorry for any inconvenience that these issues have caused you want to assure you that we will be looking into them with the intention of fixing any and all that we find. Your business and satisfaction are very important to us and I we do hope that you will return and allow us another chance to serve you.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Silverstreak
"Very Comfortable Stay!"
This hotel was very nice! The rooms were clean and very comfortable. We thought about checking out the pool while we were there, but the huge beds were so comfortable that we did not want to get up. They had every amenity that someone could ask for right in the room and the front desk was more than happy to provide anything that we needed. Very nice breakfast in the morning, made me feel like I was almost home!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Very nice people, very determined to make sure everything was right.
1 night trip Jul 28, 2014
KK
"Nice and Quiet"
Good people working here!
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for the wonderful rating! We appreciate your business and the wonderful compliment. Your business is very important to us and we hope you will return in the near future.
2 night trip Jun 20, 2014
King Crank
"Bad management - run by cheesy cheap owners!"
Worst Best Western in the country if that is possible! The property is rundown, no maintenance of the rooms, bathroom etc. Dangerous entrance to the property and we should know because we stay at a lot of motels/hotels on the highways on our cross country drives. The owners have the audacity to put a note on the table in the room mentioning various charges to the customer if anything is missing from the room like towels, alarm clock, coffee maker etc - how does one account for that as no one counted them with us when they check us in, who is to know how many towels were there in the first place. We were even afraid to use the towels thinking there must be a separate charge to use them too..... Bad place to bring your pet as the location is really "On" a dangerously busy road. Not a place to stay if you were in a RV, towing anything behind the car, 18 wheeler or anything long on wheels. JUST NOT A PLACE TO SPEND A NIGHT FOR ANY REASON AT ALL.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
I apologize for not meeting your expectations. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I am sorry that we were not able to provide you with an outstanding experience. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are focused on improving. There is not much we can do about the entrance since our property is situated on a hill with businesses on either side. We do have signage posted to warn drivers with the types of vehicles that you described. Again, I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience that you experienced while staying with us and it is my hope that you will return.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
tutatkaman
"Would stay here agasin"
Room was clean and comfortable. Their breakfast was pretty good.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your business and thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We do hope to see you again the next time you are in the area.
Other trip Jun 22, 2014
"Ok"
Nothing fancy. Good for a nite. Breakfast not much. Arrived late no problems.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
Cindy
"Decent but not luxurious"
The staff were very friendly and the breakfasts were good. Room was clean. Hotel isn't particularly attractive. One thing, and I don't know if this was the hotel or hotels.com, but when I got there they said my reservation had been cancelled. I was lucky to get a room because they and most of the other hotels in the area were sold out for an event. This could have been very bad.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We apologize for not exceeding your expectations and do hope you will return and allow us another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.
4 night trip with friends Apr 23, 2014
"Cheap decent hotel"
This room was alright given that I was there to work in Lexington. Cleanliness was basic but good location near the freeway made it accessible and easy to get to town quickly
6 night business trip Apr 22, 2014
"Great stay for the price"
Passing through and needed to stop for the kids. Staff was very nice, room was clean, and the breakfast was great. Not too far of a drive from Lexington, but definitely not close. Plenty if amenities nearby. I would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your business and are pleased that you enjoyed your stay. It is our hope that you will return and allow us another chance to provide you with an exceptional experience.
1 night family trip Apr 16, 2014
"Great hotel for the price!"
It was about $85 for the night. It was actually pretty nice. We stayed in a place in Lexington for the same price the night before and it was an absolute dump. They have a pretty good quality in the room. The staff was super nice. We ended up staying an extra night and they let us just stay in the same room. Some hotels make a big deal out of this, but they didn't care at all. The breakfast was what you would expect for INCLUDED. They have biscuits and gravy, sausage, cereal, etc. They did have some donut holes which is a nice treat for free breakfast. I would recommend.
1 night business trip Apr 12, 2014
Chris H
"Clean, But Old Motel Style"
Super nice front desk lady! Room was very clean with good furniture. Not happy about outside corridors.
1 night business trip Apr 8, 2014
Cheryl
"None"
Just stopped for a quick nights sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful. Location convenient to I-64. Hotel not in the greatest section of town and seemingly aged facility. Basically appeared clean.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will return and allow us another chance to provide you with a supperior lodging experience.
Other trip Mar 30, 2014
"Pleasant surprise"
I had read other good reviews and took a chance. When I pulled up was skeptical of location but seemed to be a pretty quiet area. The room was very clean and nice. Staff was great and breakfast was good. Good deal I thought.
Response by Best Western Country Squire
Dear Barb, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your business. We are in the process of renovating our rooms and hope that you will return.
1 night trip Jan 10, 2014