All hotels in Goshen, Indiana, United States of America
900 Lincolnway E, Goshen, IN, 46526, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Was there for a wedding and your hotel was centrallyl located between the wedding location and family members.
2 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
Wayne
"Hotel is fine, hard to sleep due to train though"
The hotel is fine, clean, comfortable, has a nice staff. The only complaint is the neighborhood where a train horns every now and then, including 3:00 AM.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2015
I was in town for a family reunion and only in the room from 11pm until 8am for one night
Response by Best Western Inn
This is Scott, hotel owner. Thank you for making us part of your family reunion.
1 night family trip Jul 18, 2015
Carl
"Great option in the area"
Family business, a little older facility but well kept and great staff!
Response by Best Western Inn
From my family to you, thank you very much!
1 night business trip Jul 15, 2015
"Average hotel,Average price"
I could tell they are trying to improve an older hotel. It was clean, the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was what you get at most hotels now. I would stay there again.
Response by Best Western Inn
Hello, this is Scott Baker, hotel owner. Thank you for your kind words. Yes, I am doing things to improve and there is more on the way. Thank you for noticing!
1 night family trip Jun 19, 2015
J
"Good times!"
Had a blast at the bar across the street.
Response by Best Western Inn
Thank you! The people of Goshen are almost all friendly and nice, as you found out.
1 night business trip May 22, 2015
Clinton
"Overpriced for the condition it is in."
This hotel is very old and outdated located in an old neighborhood. The building and the furnishings are old. The lobby is very small and not clean. The desk people were unprofessional. It was nothing to what I was expecting from reading the reviews. It is very overpriced for the condition it is in. We would not stay there again.
Response by Best Western Inn
I am sorry I did not deliver an experience that met your expectations. It is my goal to meet or exceed the expectations of every guest. My wife and I have been focusing on our renovation plans for the hotel and I admit that I took my eyes off operations recently and some aspects of the hotel suffered because I was not providing the leadership I normally provide. The negative reviews that have recently come in from you and others have snapped me to attention and I am fixing the issues that you and others have mentioned. Thank you.
1 night business trip May 17, 2015
Sam
"Stay Elsewhere. Not Convenient."
Two positives: THE CLEANEST hotel room I have ever stayed in. Also, this hotel is PET FRIENDLY (they have to be crated in room). LOTS of negatives: Traveling back home with an 11yr old and a 5 month old and they put us in the back hotel, top floor, no elevator. The stairs to the second floor are outside are not nonslip. The "full breakfast" is limited, even more so when the toaster and waffle maker don't work. Seating for breakfast VERY cramped. Hotel staff gossiping about what coworkers they do and don't like- openly, at desk, with customers. Not worth the money. I paid extra knowing BW reputation.
1 night family trip May 15, 2015
"Kind of remote/facility currently under repair"
This was a very out-of-the-way Hotel on an extremely busy two-lane road. The staff were incredible, and when the hotel is finished I believe it will be up to par with the rest of the Best Westerns I have stayed in. i wasn't impressed with the beds, they seemed smaller than queen, but the amenities were great, and the tv was big. Overall, it was not a bad stay, but for the money I expected better.
Other trip May 16, 2015
"Affordable"
We selected this hotel because it was more affordable than other nearby hotels.The outside was still a bit dated, but the rooms were well kept and recently remodeled. TV was newer and we had no problems with the internet connection. One issue we had was with the temperature in the showers. It would drift cold, then if you turned it toward hot a tiny bit, it was suddenly scalding. We were a bit disappointed with the breakfast bar. We had a member of our party with gluten sensitivity and another with various food allergies and can usually get by with the right choices, however, options were very limited. We opted to eat out one morning, then go get some yogurt and fresh fruit the next. Hotel breakfast consisted of 3 or 4 sugary cereals, some pastries and toast, and green bananas.
Response by Best Western Inn
Hello, this is Scott Baker, hotel owner. Thank you for your compliments and also for your criticisms. I believe that a complaint is a gift. I took your food allergen concerns to heart and did some research. I now have gluten-free and dairy-free options available upon request and signage at my breakfast bar letting people know they are available. I doubt that covers every food sensitivity, but it is a start and I am ready to make more changes as I learn more. Our other guests noticed that hot water problem too and told us just like you did and we got that fixed right after your stay. Thank you!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
Great service and room was clean and accommodating. Breakfast area is small and crowded.
Response by Best Western Inn
Thank you for your kind words about the cleanliness and service. I am sorry it was crowded when you came to eat. I am getting blueprints made right now to expand my breakfast area. In the meantime I have set up some nice outdoor seating "al fresco" and I have trays available if you need to take your breakfast back to your room. Also I keep the breakfast open from 4am until 11am to let people choose off-peak times if they are able. I hope to see you again at my hotel.
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
Lee
"Great place to stay!"
The staff was polite, helpful the breakfast was great and the rooms were clean and comfortable I would stay at the Best Western again.
2 night trip Aug 30, 2013
"Great service"
Hotel staff was very friendly and rooms were clean and hotel was close to town. DVD player in the room with DVDs available to borrow in the lobby was a nice touch. The free breakfast was robust and offered lots of choices, but truly unexpected and wonderful was the supper they provided. Very nice to have a hot meal available after I had checked in!
2 night trip Mar 29, 2013
It is obvious that the management is placing effort into the upkeep and maintenance of their rooms and services. It is good to see and made our stay that much more enjoyable
1 night trip Jan 27, 2013
Leon
"just nice place"
very nice nice and clean .would stay their again if i ever go to goshen in
Other trip Dec 10, 2012
regrey
"Best Best Western ever!"
This is the best Best Western ever. The room was clean and new, the tv was big and had an attached dvd. Don't stop reading because it gets better... free potato soup! Best breakfast ever with eggs, waffles, good coffee, cold milk with cereal, orange juice, and sausage. The staff was friendly and helpful. I even extended my stay to two nights. This is a nice place!
Other trip Dec 1, 2012
Galen
"Great staff"
The staff was super friendly, and the room was really clean. Continental breakfast was great. Only negative was that the hotel was right by the train tracks so it was a little loud.
1 night trip Oct 11, 2012
"Outstanding hotel accomodations...."
I have stayed at a great many Best Westerns over the years but this is by far the best. I hightly recommend this hotel as Scott and his staff are friendly, helpful and accomodating. They serve a great breakfast as well. Other Best Westerns should use them as a model.
Other trip Oct 6, 2012
John C
"Great quality!"
Very clean room, nicely appointed, soft towels, excellent accessories. Breakfast room is very cozy and the assortment and quality of food is great.
Other trip Sep 19, 2012
"Great Hotel for business Traveller"
I would call this a motel, not a hotel. And it was a great motel. When I first pulled up, i was apprehensive because it doesn't look to be in a good part of town. But once I checked in, I felt safe and the cleanliness and comfort of the room made it a good experience. For a no-frills place (no pool, spa, fitness room, etc)., it had some nice room features - a disposable TV remote cover, free wifi, ironing board & iron, plus the usual toiletry items and coffee pot. And the hot buffet breakfast was surprisingly good.
Other trip Sep 17, 2012
Sue
"Hotel Room"
The hotel room was very clean other then it was suppose to be a non-smoking room but there was a smell like smoke in it which did not help my sinuses. Other then that the room and location was fine.
1 night trip Sep 3, 2012

"Basic accomodation"
Very good staff, friendly and helpful. The internet access was pretty weak. It may be my old computer, but some hotels are able to give a strong signal I can connect to, unlike here. The floor was damp, partly because of the hot humid weather, perhaps? The carpet needs a good shampooing.
2 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015

CN
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
Na
Response by Best Western Inn
I am glad you enjoyed your stay!
1 night romance trip Aug 14, 2015
W.LEIGH
2 night trip Sep 17, 2012

TripAdvisor reviews for BEST WESTERN Inn

"Best Western should be ashamed to have their name on this motel"
08/25/15 serenitywriter Swedesboro, New Jersey
Positives first. The room was clean. Towels were folded to resemble flowers which is a running theme in the area with the quilt gardens. There was fresh popcorn available when we checked in. Now for the rest of the reality: I have no idea how people are rating this place high. It has won awards from Trip Advisor, apparently for the ratings, because I can't imagine Trip Advisor giving it an award if they actually visited it. This property is, sad to say, run down in a very run down part of a town that is obviously dying quickly. The owner has a note in the room telling you how proud he is of the property. He gives you his home and cell numbers and asks you to call if you don't like your stay. Not only did we call, we even left a couple of hours after we arrived. In retrospect, we should never have checked in. This is a pet friendly motel and we found a flea in the room. We didn't wait to find a second -- just packed up and left. The room was generally clean, but had a stale, musty smell as if the carpets needed replacing or the air conditioning filter needed changing. This is a very old property with outside entrances and crumbling stairs to the second floor. Some of the original concrete steps had been replaced with wood, but not all of them. Very strange -- should be one or the other, not both. The stairwells were painted, but you could see rust and flaking that had been painted over. Not unusual or unexpected in an older property, but why the raving reviews from others? Not a lot of parking and the property attracts people with trucks and trailers, so some vehicles take up multiple spaces. There must not be any sound proofing or insulation between rooms. We could hear everything the kids in the next room were doing. I'll finish with what I hope is also a positive. I did call the owner at the number provided. He expressed great concern about our dissatisfaction and offered us another room. I said no because with a pet friendly motel you can't guarantee the next room won't have fleas, too. He did say he would refund what we had paid. I hope that comes true, but so far my credit card shows two charges for this motel rather than a charge and a credit. I guess the nightmare continues as we work with Visa to ensure this gets fixed.
"I Feel Tricked"
08/24/15 TripGypsy4U Salem, Massachusetts
We stopped by this hotel with 1 goal. A safe, comfortable night of sleep while traveling. I hated it. I hated that the tub was filthy - I mean grossly filthy like it hasn't been cleaned for at least a month. A lot of the reviews make a big deal out of the Sanitized band on the toilet. A crumpled band (obviously used many times before) was indeed present, however, the toilet was filthy dirty. Not as gross as the tub but that yucky black "wash me" line present at the back of the toilet. This place is a motel; not a hotel (My kids call these kinds of places Dive Inns). It comes replete with drunks in the parking lot and no I didn't think it added any flavor to my stay. On the desk is a note from the owner stating that I should contact him should I not be willing to give this room a high rating. I didn't call because I can tell y'all how yucky it was. The reviews for this place are contrived - this hotel might be a 2 but I only gave it a 1 because I feel lied to regarding the quality of it. When I see a 4 or 5 on Trip Advisor, I've come to expect a certain standard of quality - this place did not even come close to that standard.
"Had a wonderful time."
08/17/15 nursekat Chesterton,Indiana
We stayed at the Best Western in Goshen while we took our son and grandson to see the camping and RV museum in Elkhart and the Potawotami Zoo in South Bend. The people who work at this Best Western couldn't have been nicer! I explained that we needed a handicapped room with a lot of room for my husband's wheelchair. The room was HUGE! My husband could do donuts in this room with his chair, and it sat in the room and I had no trouble moving around. The sweet girl who checked us in suggested the Lux Café for dinner, it was wonderful! The breakfast the next morning was so good! The lady who was in charge kept all the food full, and made sure that my 4 year old Grandson got what he wanted for breakfast. The room was so quiet that we didn't even hear the horrible thunderstorm until it got right overhead. And that still didn't keep my husband awake. We would stay here again. Loved it.
"Good but has some issues"
08/15/15 Lyn R Portage, United States
The shower water changes from extremely hot to very cold and is very hard to maintain a comfortable setting. I reported this issue the first time I stayed at this location but the water issue was still present this trip. Other than the water temp I like this hotel. They accept pets and have a large pet area. The location is good for the things that we wanted to see and do. The breakfast is very good. I would have liked to have bagels but there was plenty of other choices.
"Average hotel for a quick stay"
08/08/15 Ruth Ann B Portage la Prairie, Canada
We were in the area for a short visit and picked this hotel at random over internet. If we are to return we will not stay here. Overall, the hotel was ok. Our room was "weird".. It appeared they had renovated parts of it but did not quite finish. ie there was a king size bed but the pictures over it were all off....appeared to have been a double queen unit in past, and they never rearranged things. A very large useless area in the middle of the room...needed to have an easy chair or something to fill the useless void. The room was clean, but the outdoor area needs work badly. Paint peeling, unkempt looking in areas etc. There is no pool etc here....just outdoor parking next to your room. Looks like an area used heavilly by truckers. Large semis and pickup trucks parked all over the place. It gets noisy in the early morn as they head out so don't plan on sleeping late here. The breakfast the usual for this type place, small area in which to eat and crowds up fast. Staff were very friendly and helpful tho. Micro and refrig in our room and a large tv and free wireless internet. Next time we will stay down closer to the area of restaurants on way out of town. We were trying to eat at 7pm in downtown area and no one would take us...said they close at 8pm. Ended up having to drive to outside of town to a Culvers. For the rate we paid it was ok place...did not give me the creeps. But we spent virtually no time in our room...it was just a place to sleep for the night and awaken early and be on your way.
"Sugestions"
08/07/15 Michael W Montgomery, Illinois
The hotel is a very nice. The rooms are spacious and clean. Very friendly staff. The breakfast is served early 4:30am. till 11:00am. A complete remodeling is on going at this hotel and I have two (2) suggestions. The dog walk area NEEDS lights at night time. Pitch black in that area, my wife (and I don't blame her) will NOT take our dog into that area with NO lights. Besides, how are you supposed to see and pick up the dogs droppings if there are no lights. The "door ways" leading to the stairs for the upper levels NEED to be "handicap" accessible. The push bar to open the doors once inside are very hard to use if your in a wheel chair or a power chair. Our over all rating of this hotel even tho it's under a "re-modeling" faze is "VERY GOOD".
"Don't leave anything behind..."
08/04/15 Maro14 Palos hills, il
We needed a place to stay for a night after a long drive. When we went to book online there was plenty of room availability. So we went directly to the property to ask for a room. The desk clerk said they had no rooms available, this is at around 6pm. I said ok I'll just book it online and come back in. She said she misunderstood that we wanted I room for this evening and of course they had a room since it said so on the website. The room she quoted was more expensive than the online price. We told her we had our AAA card and she said then she could match the online pricing. The room was basic, no frills. My husband left his belt in the room. After we came back I called the location to ask if they could mail it back. The attendant said she would have to ask the manager and call me back. 8 days later the manager called back to ask if I could mail her a prepaid envelope to send us our belt. I said that it was ok and the item had already been replaced and most hotel operators will send back a small item as a convenience to their paying guests.
"Awful"
08/01/15 Lisa H
The room looked dirty, stains on carpet and lenolium. Too expensive for no luxury features. The only good thing I can say is there was no bed bugs. And they had very comfortable feather pillows. The staff was pleasant also. They are remodeling the building in the back, but our rooms were in the front building. From what I could tell, if you got a room in the back building for the same price you would definitely have a better looking room. However, the parking throughout the whole place is terrible. If you do get a room in the back building you should still park up front because you will get blocked in by semi's and travel trailers.
"Best Western Goshen, IN"
07/31/15 ZionTraveler Ann Arbor
Lovely hotel and staff. Breakfast was good and had a lot of variety. Coffee was very good! We didn't spend much time in the room as we were out enjoying lake Wawasee, but when we were at the room we were very satisfied with our room. The fridge and microwave were nice to have and there was a DVD player and DVDs in the lobby (but we didn't have time to watch any movies).
"Typical old style hotel"
07/27/15 KK428 Richmond, Virginia
Outside entry into each room. It was as clean as an older hotel can be. It WAS quiet, so that was nice. The best part of this hotel is the very friendly front desk staff. The breakfast was standard but there are very few tables to eat and it's right at the front desk.