All hotels in Cheyenne, Wyoming, United States of America
1600 W Lincolnway, Cheyenne, WY, 82001, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.9
    2.5
    2.6
"Horrible."
the first room they gave us was dirty so they moved us to a king room on the second floor. the pillows smelled and our keys stopped working on our second night. the air conditioner was broken as well. People were yelling in the hallway in the middle of the night.
Other trip Sep 7, 2013
"TERRIBLE!"
Worst hotel I have ever stayed in! The property is overgrown with weeds, one building has a chain link fence around it, the carpet in the room was stained, and the bedspread had stains on it.
2 night business trip Sep 3, 2013
DAN
"Good Location"
Hotel is close to downtown Cheyenne (and next to ice rink too). Had problem with bath tub that they fixed right away. Price was reasonable. Dated, but comfortable.
Other trip Sep 6, 2013
"Ok"
Nothing to write home about yet, but they are working on it.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Nice people."
The staff was overall very pleasant and the room was clean and well maintained.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"Terrible Stay"
Had to request room change. Bed sheets had not been changed Hair all over blankets Scared to walk on carpet without shoes so dirty 2nd room was better Bedding and linen very dingy.
Other trip Sep 5, 2013
"It's a dump"
It's a dump. When I went back through Cgeyenne a few days later I stayed somewhere wlse
1 night trip Aug 29, 2013
Doug
"Bad smell"
It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but it smelled terribly of smoke. My wife almost couldn't sleep. Next time I will pay a little more to get a better room. The old saying "you get what you pay for" applies here. Also, construction work outside ramped up before 7:00 in the morning. Nothing like waking up to the sound of front end loaders scraping the pavement then backing up with the obnoxious beep beep sound.....
Other trip Sep 3, 2013
"on outskirts of town"
Older property with less than clean room. Near railroad tracks so be prepared for train noise all night.
1 night trip Aug 31, 2013
"Rooms are huge!!"
Breakfast is realllllly basic, however, room are great, very convenient access from and to highway.
1 night trip Aug 27, 2013
"Dont judge a book by its cover"
Driving up to this hotel you may reconsider staying but the room was really comfortable and clean.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2013
The room was spacious. The sheets were stained so we slept between the blanket and bedspread. The place needs some landscaping. I don't think we would stay there again.
1 night trip Aug 25, 2013
"Fine for 1 night"
I'm not sure what the story is with this hotel. Are they closing down? Refurbishing? The entrance from the street appears that the place is condemned with chain link fence surrounding the front facing building/wing. But we went around back and found a different "wing" that they are using. Certainly nothing spectacular and the sleeping rooms are very "dated" (1970s yellow tile). There were tears in the chairs & couch and burns in the carpet, but for 1 night it was fine for us as we were traveling through the area. There are a lot of hotels on this road - and all of them run parallel to the train tracks. There's no getting around the train horns blowing loudly.
Other trip Aug 27, 2013
Judy
The towels and sheets where dirty. I went and bought me sheets and towel to use when I was there. The bath tube was dirty and I went and bought bathroom cleaner.
5 night trip Aug 15, 2013
Melinda
"Big room but small operation"
Hotel looked abandoned when we arrived. Television in room took 10 minutes to warm up. Bed was soft. Room and restroom were spacious and clean.
1 night trip Aug 19, 2013
There were holes in the couch and the toilet kept running after you flushed it. You had to giggle the handle to get the toilet to stop running. When I told the lady about it the next morning she just walked away, I did not get I'll get it looked at or nothing. The surrounding neighborhood was not good. The curb appeal was non existant. There were weeds around most of the buildings. I would not recommend this motel.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2013
audittaker
"Skip"
Run down, tucked away (not still relatively close to the interstate) as all the other reviews note. Not in the best shape but I was more than willing to overlook all that. We aren't particularly picky folks. But when we pulled down the sheets of my son's bed to go to sleep for the night and there were crumbs in the bed?? That did it. The drain in the bathroom sink wouldn't open; it just slowly leaked the water out. Shaving was out of the question. The next morning the front desk was abandoned. I went back a few times and there was never anyone there nor responding. What's more, I started itching with bits later the following morning. Make of all that what you will but my suggestion is to avoid this place like the plague...
1 night trip Aug 6, 2013
"Adequate, maybe even a little more"
Spotting the hotel is a little tricky, as the main building is several hundred feet off the street. If you are like me, you drove right by without realizing. The rooms were a throwback of sorts, old-fashioned in a good way, and very spacious. While not luxurious, if you want to check out downtown Cheyenee for a decent price, this is the place.
1 night trip Aug 8, 2013
"overall not bad"
could tell that the cleaning stuff might not really be paying great attention when they do their work. But not intolerant. Room is spacious and facility antique but not worn it could be a much better place to stay if the staff pays more attention
Other trip Aug 19, 2013
Elaine
Great attitude by staff but hotel a bit run down. However, it was clean and quiet.
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Do not stay at this Hotel!
1 night trip Aug 13, 2013
"Just darling!"
Only thing that i would ever give this a mark down for is that there are no outlets hardly anywhere located in the room we stayed in.... But! The beds were amazing, rooms are huge, staff are super friendly!
1 night trip Aug 17, 2013
"Uncomfortable beds and dirty linens."
Nonsmoking room smelled like stale cigarettes. AC did not work very well. Staff came into our room while we were still there, 2 hours before checkout.
Other trip Aug 17, 2013
All i was looking for was a cheap room to stay in while moving, but I was very impressed with the hotel. the staff was very friendly, and the accomodations far exceeded my expectations, considering the good deal i got on the room. If i am in cheyenne again, i will stay at this hotel.
1 night trip Jul 31, 2013
Overall I really liked this place, originally when I pulled up I had some concerns but the service was good, the rooms were big. I would stay here again if I have to go thru Cheyenne again!
1 night trip Aug 11, 2013
Older motel, but clean and large room. Room had couch, microwave, and refrigerator.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"needs sprucing up"
Outside needs a lot of updating and sprucing up. Upon our arrival we decided to see if we could find another hotel close by, due to the run down look of the hotel.
Other trip Aug 11, 2013
"Simple and cheap"
Rooms are large and spacious, outdated, but functional. Breakfast was VERY limited. Hotel is near RR tracks. If you just need a cheap place to crash and don't care about amenities, this is the place for you. Worked for us.
Other trip Aug 10, 2013
Kimberlee
"Junk"
No wifi in our room. Tv was broken upon arrival. After that was fixed only half the advertised channels works. Room was ok. Neighborhood was suspect.
1 night business trip Aug 6, 2013
Craig
Won't stay here again. Hallways were dark. They gave someone else our room after we checked in. So while sitting in our room someone walked in.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2013
"Convenient location to highways"
Stayed here for 1 night as a stop-over before heading to Denver. Staff was nice, but breakfast could have used a boost. Also, the hotel was not very well lit it was hard to know where to turn to get to the parking lot. Not bad though for a stop-over.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2013
"Keep it to a single night"
I think the friendly (short) staff is probably overworked. Housekeeping was inconsistent in their effort in the 5 days I stayed. One night I received no service at all but my dirty towels were missing. They only made the bed on one occasion. The hotel is very dated, the faucets are quite old, don't shut off often and the toilet often continues to run. While it looks like basic vacuuming and cleaning occur, nothing is truly clean, just check around the edges of the room or the grout in the shower or the permanently stained, miniature shower towels. They also ran new cable while I was there and there had been workers in my room without warning. The wireless internet was intermittent and my TV didn't work but I really didn't care, I wasn't staying there to bathe in luxury. Just know that you really get what you pay for at this location and if you just need a place to sleep, that may be all that's needed.
5 night trip Aug 1, 2013
PreviousResident
"Not 2 1/2 stars"
Peeling paint, dirty & chipped woodwork, frayed upholstry. Didn't even want to touch the dirty TV remote. See-through towels. Desk ckerk (owner?) argued loudly with housekeeping staff in front of guests. Breakfast consisted of cold cereal, small (grocery store type) pastries, weak juice and weaker coffee.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2013
"Adequate for overnight stay"
The room was large and clean with a mini-fridge and microwave. It is set back from the road, so there was no highway noise, though we could hear the train whistle early in the morning. There are restaurants nearby. It was just what we were looking for in an overnight stay on a long road trip.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2013
Kim L
"Hotel ok but shower needed work"
The bed was great; roomy and comfortable. The staff was ok, given it was very busy with Cheyenne Frontier Days. The disappointment was the toilet and shower. The toilet flushed marginally, at best. Was always worried there might be an overflow. The shower drained very slowly. I ran out of hot water both mornings when I showered about 9 a.m. My partner was fine with hot water when he showered at 7 - 8 a.m.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
"Good price for the area"
If one was driving looking for a place to stay one would keep on driving because it looked deserted and the weeds in front needed mowing plus the sign needed work. They are remodeling the rooms. Everything was new and updated. Poor continental breakfast.
Other trip Aug 1, 2013
"Hitching Post Experience!"
We stayed 4 nights at the Hitching Post and were very disappointed in the facilities for the price we paid. The approach to the building is run down and weedy. That was our first impression. The lobby and the staff on duty were very friendly and helpful. Upon arriving at our room it was very dirty, the furniture (couch and 2 chairs) worn out, stained, dirty! The bathroom was filthy around the faucets and the floor around the tub. The rest of the furniture was usable but beat up. There were holes in our sheets and burns in our comforter. For the 4 days, we had 1 bar of soap and no hand towels, the clock didn't work and bulbs were burned out in the light fixtures. We requested more towels and soap but they were never delivered to us. The breakfast provided was cereal, coffee, juice and sweet rolls cut in half, everyday. We paid $206 per night for these accommodations. On a positive note, a shuttle picked us up in the parking lot to take us to Frontier Park, so the location was pleasing. Never would we recommend this place to anyone!
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
Jane
We were a little worried about what it would be like based on some of the reviews we read but we were very happy with everything. The room was huge, clean, had a microwave and fridge...hair dryer..etc. it was very nice! And the girl that worked up front was very helpful and sweet:-)
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Steph
"Not much to look At"
Rooms are big, out dated but clean. It's O.K. for one night.
1 night trip Jul 26, 2013
T
"Room"
Overall the hotel was satisfactory for the price that was paid for an overnight. The most disappointing part of the room - there were men's dirty underwears and socks that were left in the side of the bed which grossed us out. The location was great; staff was very kind and overall the rooms were clean. Some graffifi was on the buildings, but you can tell the present owners are trying to clean the place up and make it more modern.
Other trip Jul 26, 2013
"Close to downtown and Frontier Days"
The hotel doesn't look like much from the road but the rooms were actually very clean, quiet and comfortable. We were only a ten minute drive from the fairgrounds and downtown Cheyenne which was great. The staff at the hotel were very nice and extremely helpful.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
Clean. Amazing hospitality. New updates.
1 night trip Jul 23, 2013
"Frontier Days"
The continental breakfast was in such a small space you couldn't get to the food and the bath area had mold and dirt on the surround.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2013
The Duke
"Bare bones but met our needs."
Motel isolder and lacks amenities of newer places. It is under new ownership and is being renovated. Guests services are few, but the folks were nice and helpful.
Other trip Jul 24, 2013
After traveling on a motorcycle in the pouring rain for 2 hours, We were soaked and was happy to find a clean dry place to stay. But to be honest, that was the only positive thing. Pulling in at night leads you to believe that the place is closed and condemned. The young man at the front desk was pleasant and helpful. If we were not soaked and exhausted, we would have left and went in search of other accommodations. The room was adequate and clean. Could be a descent place if someone had the money to renovate it.
1 night trip Jul 18, 2013
LS.
We were charged Frontier Day rates so this was a very expensive room. It was dirty with big stains on the carpet. The sheets were also stained and the blanket and bedspread were marked with a marker - circles with a number inside. The upholstery on the chairs was frayed. Bathtub had hair in it.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2013
"Convenient"
The place looks like it will be undergoing renovations at some point in the future. We were a little nervous pulling in as the building near the highway was closed & fenced in. The room was a good size but with old furniture. We did have a leak in the bathroom but the staff took care of it quickly. A bit disappointing for the price we paid although I would assume it's normally a lot cheaper at other times during the year. The one good thing was that the staff all seemed genuinely nice & helpful. The hotel was close to I-25 & I-80 plus convenient to the activities & parade for CFD.
Susie
"Pet awesome motel!"
Needed a pet friendly motel for our overnight in Cheyenne and found the Hitching Post. If you are looking for amenities, pool, weight room etc look else where. Facilities are "dated" somewhat but they appear to be renovating the property. AC worked and was surprisingly quiet! Beds comfortable, unlike others that we found to be way to firm. They do need to replace bath towels as they has seen better days, clean but used up. We'll stay again.
"Just Camp Instead"
When we arrived we were shocked at the dilapidated conditions of this hotel. It looks NOTHING like the photos. The rooms are dated and unclean. I had to call to have our bathroom cleaned as it still had hair in it from the previous guest. Only the phones didn't work so I had to walk back to the desk to ask. Although they cleaned it, it was surprising it was left so dirty. The room reeked of cigarette smoke. The pillows were about 3 inches thick. The towels were tiny and of an amazing non-absorbent material. They only had one woman working the front desk and she was not able to handle the people coming in for Frontier Days. I was immensely disappointed. This used to be a nice hotel but it is now completely run down. Don't do it.
Tiff
"It was a long time ago."
We used to stay there 25-26 years ago. Went to a lot of conferences there. It has had a major fire in the front section, including the resturant. They have new owners and they are redecorating one romm at a time. When we drove up we thought it was deserted. The room was ok, but the grounds are overgrown with weeds and is very tough looking. All they had for breakfast was cereal and toast. They have a long ways to go before being the Hitching Post of old.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013