All hotels in Mission Hills, California, United States of America
10621 Sepulveda Blvd, Mission Hills, CA, 91345, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Great pool
    Room is not nice
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
    Dirty
    Bad internet service
    Poor vibe
There were homeless people camping out where the parking lot meets the street. The hotel is set back a little ways, but still..... The room was from the 60s maybe. The door had one lock with the chain missing and the bathroom was vintage tile. The room was big. The tv remote didn't work and using the buttons on it you could only get one channel, local pbs. There was a courtyard with a pool and chairs where you could sit out.... there's a sliding glass door... but the entire outer wall of the room is glass. It was hard to get it locked, nearly impossible to use the curtains to cover everything so people couldn't look in... and the corner a/c unit blew air behind the curtain and took hours to cool the room on max cool. There was one ice machine and it was broken.
1 night trip Oct 2, 2015
"Ok for a night stay"
Had I have a working fridge, a microwave, I would have given rating 4. Was happy with the patio. Breakfast items were good. My stay is only for good night sleep, so I was just ok with this hotel.
1 night family trip Oct 7, 2015
"economic with large room."
Average. Great for price.
1 night trip with friends Oct 6, 2015
"Almost stayed there twice."
Older motel so it is what it is, area is not the best,over all ok only if you have no choice in prices.
1 night family trip Oct 5, 2015
"the wackiest motel I've been to all year"
it took 5 hour for them to get me the right remote control for the TV I had and I had to go to the office 2 times before they fixed it and the gate was open all night to the motel was not secure from the public and they had no pet friendly rooms and they require a 50$ security deposit for their rooms which from the photos I have I don't see why they need a $50 security deposit
1 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2015
Nicholas
"The Convenient Inn."
We've stayed at this hotel before, it's convenient in it's location and the price isn't too bad. You get what you pay for, so the rooms are comfy, not too fancy. My only complaints are that there are some wear and tears in the room that do need addressing, such as some cracks in the walls or moth holes in the curtains. Also, they now do a $10.00 charge if you stay till 12:00 pm for check out instead of 11:00 pm. I've never been charged that before, until this last time and it was cash only. Aside from that, it's a quick, inexpensive getaway hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 4, 2015
Christine
"do not book here"
Old and dirty, torn curtains, just nasty..,lumpy mattress!
Other trip Oct 7, 2015
cmb
"It was MEH"
As soon as we arrived, we went to the front desk which we were greeted by a man who seemed annoyed or bothered. We arrived at our room and we can see other people outside of their rooms smoking and talking. Once arriving at our room, everything was clean, the room was fairly big and we had plenty of space for our luggage. The only downfall of our stay, was when we arrived to our room around 2pm - 3pm, the water from the tub was EXTREMELY hot. We called the front desk and they had informed us that it starts cooling down after 4pm. It was an okay room for the price we had paid.
2 night family trip Oct 2, 2015
Raquel
"Life in LA"
I stayed for three nights, primarily because of it's location and proximity to friends I came to visit. The hotel isn't bad. Not great, but not bad. Some of the staff at the front desk is less than friendly, and the neighborhood has certainly deteriorated from the last time I visited. Welcome to LA!! One very bright spot is that it's within walking distance from the Bear Pit, if you don't mind walking in that neighborhood. I would stay there again, but only because there aren't very many alternatives.
2 night trip Sep 28, 2015
MARK A.
"Cheapest =worst service and rudest staff"
Only stayed there cause it was the cheapest place to stay in the area
1 night business trip Sep 29, 2015
So so considering neighborhood
2 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2015
"Blah!"
Terrible service, room was not complete, curtains sloppy, front desk was rude and denied my stay when I extended the booking.. Absolutely awful experience..
1 night romance trip Sep 30, 2015
Upon arrival into room I found the sliding patio door had no lock. Anyone could slide the door open. Requested maintenance repair this or place me into another room. They repaired it and I felt at ease. When showering I noticed lots of mold on the shower curtain, half the water didn't come out of the shower head plus, the shower head was at the level of my lower neck and the bathroom sink didn't have a drain plug, so the nasty stuff was visible. Hair from previous guest could be seen on the floor. TV system had channels that aren't authorized, also no guide as to what is on. Refrigerator needed to be balance so water/condensation wouldn't seep out. Only one lock on the room door. It's a 2 star hotel!
3 night business trip Sep 28, 2015
Ward
"Great Value"
I totally was expecting what I got, which was value. Conveniently located, next to major expressways and in a safe neighborhood with plenty of restaurants and services. For the money I paid I wasn't expecting five star service or attitude. People who complain about the help should try to work for the wages they do an be cheerful all the time. The help was courteous and reliable. If you want to be treated like royalty and are squeamish about chipping paint then you better go elsewhere.
7 night trip Sep 22, 2015
sang
"bad area"
motel rooms will do but the prob is the neighborhood. across the street is a strip bar. not a safe and good neighborhood. the motel needs to relocate near valley inn for competition . this motel is near small unknown one nite stand rows of motels . needs to move to earn more customers
2 night family trip Jul 3, 2015
"es su Freeway access, tho not crowded"
I've stayed here many times for days on end. Rather quiet and accommodating. Only wish I have is that they offer different/lower price for those not partaking in their breakfast. Ample food with variety. I'm just not a breakfast person.
Other trip Sep 29, 2015
private citzen
"good price!"
I worked very late and too tired to drive home, searched for a low cost hotel, and the lobby was open at 3AM, I slept well, and was allowed breakfast in the morning.
1 night business trip Sep 23, 2015
Kathleen
"all freeways in valley"
This place is a great find since its close to all freeways and located at north end of the Valley. They just finally replaced the lobby flooring and hallway carpets..... so possibly by mid 2016 and few more improvements... the price goes UP.
Other trip Sep 24, 2015
labear
"OK for a stop and go type of hotel"
We needed a place to sleep for a few hours. That is exactly the type of hotel this is! This is not a place I would stay more than 8 hours for sure. Anytime you check in and the desk is surrounded by protective glass, you know its not a hotel of quality. Staff takes a copy of your ID? I prepaid online, not sure what that was about but it is definitely not a good sign. The inside looks run down, saw a huge cockroach as we entered. Room was clean but the walls were cracked and needed repair.
Other trip Sep 23, 2015
"Just passing through..."
Old Hotel, needs upgrade. Parking was good. Easy to find location. Pool looked good but didn't use it. Bathrooms were clean. The price was right. The place was just felt old and tired. If you are just passing through, it would work for a one-night stay. No extended stays here.
1 night family trip Sep 17, 2015
MIKE
"Good clean room and friendly staff"
Good stay for six flags and universal studios Halloween Horror Nights
2 night trip Sep 18, 2015
marcus
"Atleast we survived the night."
If it wasn't for being completely exhausted after Universal Studios we would have gladly gone home or stayed somewhere else. As you walk into the room the smell hits lIke a ton of bricks. First thing I noticed is that the locks on the door were all broken and the door frame was about to fall off like someone tried kicking in the door. The fire alarm was missing, just ripped off the wall. The door to the bathroom didn't close all the way and the shower looked so gross that we didn't even want to use it. The beds were comfortable but after seeing a cockroach on one of the pillows it didn't matter. The room was literally falling apart. The toilet barely flushed. Oh and in the morning we noticed the sliding glass door to the outside wasn't locked. Cool. I would never stay here again.
1 night trip with friends Sep 19, 2015
"Okay hotel for those wanting a good hotel"
i have always stayed at the valley inn cause its a decent hotel for all the ones on sepulveda. comes with a giant pool and even morning breakfast. I love it here cause it comes with a decent balcony bigger than most apartments offer, its like a bachelor unit pretty much.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
"Did not stay!! Awful area, room not clean!!"
This was an awful hotel! Not clean, bad area....the people in area, very scary!!! Door looked like it was kicked in more than once....the bed when I pulled down the sheets, looked like bugs were in it. The advertisement showed a nicely painted room and clean area. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ANYONE!!!
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
Sheri
"Finally a good place"
We have been hotel living for over a month now and out of all stays we have had, this hotel has been the best by far. No nonsense, clean rooms, great, great breakfast. The best so far.
4 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Stephani
"Not bad at all"
Not as bad as people say , the guy up front could brush up on his people skills . Other then that I didn't notice a bad neighborhood. Room was decent. I think a 50-60 price range suits this place . No noise or anything alarming it was a Thursday night .
1 night business trip Sep 10, 2015
"Mission Hills Valley In"
The front desk clerk didn't speak English very well. There was very limited parking around the hotel. There was a gated area, however we were never informed we would be able to park there. The door to our room was standing open when we got there. The paint on the bottom of the bathroom door was peeled down to the particle board. There was a dead cockroach on the floor. I realize you get what you pay for.... Won't stay there again.
Other trip Sep 15, 2015
"Cheap, 45 minutes away from good places"
They lost me a Tupperware while cleaning. It is spacious, the air conditioner works fine. The breakfast is good. It is away from every tourist place. It is cheap.
4 night business trip Sep 4, 2015
Luciano
"Dirty"
1rst room they gave us, carpet and curtains dirty it looked like somebody was killed in there brown stuff-drops on the curtains and the carpet...the bathroom omg the tub wouldn't drain hair-gross ew, it took one h to send handymand and for him to say he couldn't fix it another hr to find us another room, really old place, smelly and rhe sheets had burns like-holes, and it was a non smoking room
Other trip Sep 13, 2015
yane
"Good hotel"
Great room great stay great breakfast. Overall great. Only drawback was the man at the check in desk.
1 night trip Sep 9, 2015
Stephani
"Terrible"
I was extremely disappointed, room was very beat up. Holes in the wall, door knob was barely hanging in there, blood stains on bedding, stains on carpet, and the ac did not work. I asked for my money back and wanted to leave. They only gave half back. I did not stay. I took the loss
1 night business trip Sep 9, 2015
"Not great, but not bad either......"
I stayed at the Valley Inn because I was working in the area and I was in between apartments. It's an older hotel but the grounds were kept up pretty well as were the rooms. The rooms are large with big beds and big windows. The AC worked great and there are many TV channels to choose from. They also offer free breakfast in the mornings which looked to be mostly waffles and muffins with coffee. I didn't eat it because I had to get to work early but it seemed ok. Overall not a bad place at all for the money and I would definitely stay there again if I'm in the area.
7 night trip Aug 29, 2015
"to get away"
I was not aware that when you pay cash there is a $25.00 refundable deposit when you check in. That would've been nice to know. It looks like they are updating there rooms. So it is in the process of looking better. It was peaceful sleeping there. I will say that I did get some rest.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Cheryl
Ewwww. I mean I'm all for staying in a cheaper run down hotel, but this was grose. Walls were filthy, carpets sticky (yes sticky) and the smell.. ughh so bad. The smell was a combo of bug spray and smoke. I kept my shoes on the entire time an still I could feel my soles sticking to various spots on the carpet. I sprayed the room with lysol, wiped down the door handles an light switches and slept with my own personal blanket and pillow and still felt filthy the entire stay. The only good thing about this place is Holiday Burger located around the block. Dont waste your money here...
2 night trip Sep 3, 2015
"rip off"
When we ariviing it look very nice in check in area the only thing is that the room was big but very old in condition Bed too soft and the smell of urine in hallway very strong they said there would be breakfast and microwaves for cooking anything also the price we were told was not true it was a rip off the price was a lot more for that condition really bad not worth it low rating
1 night romance trip Sep 5, 2015
"Decently Inn"
We had stayed 3 nights on last Labor long weekend in this hotel. It was decent and cleaned front view of the hotel. Also, many local stores, gas stations,good quietly and safely environment and easy access to freeways were very convenience, and it took us about 10 min to Universal Studio. The rooms were too old and bathrooms should need to remodel. Overall, this hotel is ok to stay for family but not for a couple.
3 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Dalton
"Poor condition"
Bathroom in very poor condition and dirty. Hair in the shower and on face towels. Booked a room for 4 and got only 2 towels. Smelly room,unable to leave window/sliding door open because the room was located on ground level right along commonly used path.
1 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
Everything was great except for horrible customer service. Had to ask 3 times to be able to get towels and they took more than an hour to deliver them.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"It's ok for the price"
you get what you pay for. I was able to stay one night . I think one night was enough
Other trip Sep 7, 2015
Cee
"Need a place to sleep."
Work night. Remodeling at my home needed sleep. Room very shabby. Walls filthy. Carpets very dirty.Bad smell. Could have stayed one more night but couldn't stand it .
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2015
Mary Anne
Was OK for price
3 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
Clara
"attending wedding bearby"
Went to a wedding needed hotel near by
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2015
The rooms need an update. Better breakfast. It worth the money you pay.
4 night romance trip Aug 26, 2015
DENYS
"To rest and sleep ok"
Pool duty I asked for checkout late they did not let me.
Other trip Aug 31, 2015
family
A fabulous setting with palm trees lining a backyard swimming pool, but the place was becoming run down and it wasn't as clean as it should have been.
5 night family trip Aug 20, 2015
"Hot and not a nice place"
Holes in the wall. No additional lock for the door. The entire place had a weird smell to it.
Other trip Aug 30, 2015
S
"Not a terrible place"
Wasn't terrible but a little dissappointing. Rooms are not very updated although seemed clean. Hallways need paint badly. Lobby is good. Breakfast was good. Parking not ideal inside gate but secure.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
"Gross, uncomfortable, slow service."
Check-in was comically slow. The guy behind the bulletproof glass (that's inviting!) spent an eternity with the previous guy, then made a phone call for another 5 minutes, then finally leisurely checked us in. What a gross room. There were bubbling patches on the wall, all the ceiling had peeling paint. The curtains were filthy. Torn carpets. Funky old air conditioner. NOBODY should stay here. I don't understand why anyone would give a positive rating, this seems completely misleading. I'm *very* forgiving with my assessment of hotels, but this one deserves a lousy rating. The gate didn't work right for me or another guest. You have to drive over these absolutely brutal speedbumps to get into the parking lot.
Other trip Aug 26, 2015
"Dirty carpets"
We stayed here because It was inexpensive (3rms) and close to universal studios. Otherwise we would not have stayed here. The hotel is in need of a remodeling. You could see that the little chain (lock) was taken off so you only had the regular door lock to secure your room. The bathroom was also very old but the worst thing of the room was the carpet. Our feet turned black from walking barefoot. It needs a deep clean.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Alma
"Relaxing"
The Pool was beautiful and large. Didn't get to utilize it. However, there were peddlers wandering the courtyard trying to sell drugs and cell phone cases that was alarming which caused us not to stay another day.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015