All hotels in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States of America
5501 W National Avenue, Milwaukee, WI, 53214, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

parking is not good if the hotel is busy, you are told to park on the street up to two blocks away. Not acceptable for the money.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
"Favorite place to stay for Brewer Games!"
Great people in each area of service. Front desk, maids, breakfast, bar- all were friendly and welcoming.
1 night romance trip Aug 9, 2015
Lynda
"Good stay"
Everything was good. Staff was nice. Breakfast was good liked the pancake maker. Only thing didn't like was parking.
1 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015
Jacqualine
"Rodney Freymiller's review."
There was not enough parking. Did not feel safe with parking on the street.
1 night business trip Aug 11, 2015
rodnie
Easy access to the Wisconsin state fair
1 night trip with friends Aug 11, 2015
"beautiful hotel"
It was very pleasant.
1 night trip with friends Jul 20, 2015
"Convenient and Spacious"
Great spacious rooms and liked the addition of the kitchen and bar so we did not have to go off site.
1 night family trip Aug 2, 2015
Gretchen
"An overall satisfactory stay."
I was there for one night to work as a volunteer the next day. The room was clean, had been updated, but did have a slight musty smell. That was probably some of the pool smell as I was a floor above.The bar and grill downstairs had good food but not much comfortable seating. Otherwise, not many places to find food in walking distance. That was important as the parking was not that friendly. The breakfast the next morning was great!
1 night business trip Jul 28, 2015
"not a great stay"
Very noisey; it's like they forgot to insulate the walls/ceiling... A couple times we actually thought someone was entering our room in the middle od the night because we could hear everything in the hallway... Doesn't make for a good nights sleep. The second night the hotel was so full we has to park on the busy street out front which was not great because of shady looking people walking the streets at night. Guests services wasn't willing to work with me on an early check in which was dissapponting. Only plus was a decent continental breakfast.
2 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
Parking lot was not large enough, so I had to park on the street. This is an older property. The room was nice, and the pizza from the bar was very good.
1 night business trip Jul 14, 2015
"Great Travel on four"
We were only there for one night but it was great. The location was great it was in the middle of every place we were going to. If traveling again we might come back if we are in the area.
1 night family trip Jul 16, 2015
ELIZA
Hotel staff was very friendly
1 night romance trip Jul 7, 2015
Lorene
"Poor parking"
I fell in the shower due to a lack of anti-slip strips. Parking is difficult.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2015
"Walk to the Ballgame."
Great proximity to the ballpark and only a 15-20 minute leisure walk to get there. Very friendly and accommodating desk staff. Building is rather old and the rooms are "tired" looking but neat and clean.
2 night trip with friends Jun 13, 2015
"Comfort is for me."
Comfortable.
1 night trip with friends Jun 14, 2015
Beverly
"poor neighborhood"
The hotel room and lobby itself was nice and could tell was updated. Bathroom was tiny. The rest was old and needed some help, As this was obviously an older building. The pool was nice and clean. However the pool was shared with the attached appartments and was a maze down a "old creepy" hallway. The neighborhood was questionable. I was a little worried about my car being broken into overnight. I also would not feel safe outside anytime after dark. The "restaurant" was more after a bar. I did check out early for the safety and comfort for me and my daughter.
2 night family trip Jun 10, 2015
Denice
"Best Western Over Night."
We stayed for one night and it was nice. The pool, hot tub, and bar were very good.
1 night family trip May 25, 2015
dennis
"one good night stay. will come back.."
kids love the pool. :)
1 night family trip May 22, 2015
Amparo
"Close to Miller Park"
Rooms were incredibly small, uncomfortable. You could hear the people in the room above us walking around and talking. It was dark and dingy. Getting into the parking lot was difficult as there was a car parked under the carport that barely left room for another to pass...God forbid if an emergency vehicle had to get in there. The parking lot was poorly lit, making it feel extremely unsafe when we were told we had to walk all the way back out to our car to put the parking pass in the dashboard. The staff was not at all informative. We weren't told what the password was for the wi-fi, where our room was, when check out was.
Other trip May 26, 2015
"Great staff, loud halls"
Great staff very friendly. Stayed here for a week for business. The hallway is very loud, could hear everything. Comfortable bed and cleanliness was good. Have stay in much worse. Bar down stairs had a very friendly bartender. Must try the deep fried cookie dough balls.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for your review, we are pleased that your stay with us was pleasant. As far as the loud hallways we are exploring different options for an upcoming renovation that will remedy this issue. Once again we thank you for your review and hope to see you again in the future.
6 night business trip Mar 29, 2015
Gregory
"Best Western Woods"
Very nice hotel, but the best part was the employees. From check in to dinner in the pizza restaurant, to leaving very early the next morning to catch the ferry, the employees were wonderful, very helpful, courteous and friendly.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Sandra, on behalf of the entire team thank you for your kind words. We all work very heard to provide all of our guests with a pleasant experience and we delivered on that goal once again. Thanks for staying with us we will see you next time.
1 night romance trip Apr 30, 2015
Sandra
"Now a bad place to stay for a short time period."
Parking was a little tight and quite a ways fr downtown
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Our apologies for the tight parking, as far as being far from downtown many of our guests find that the 5 miles drive to downtown is well worth it to avoid paying the downtown rates. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you during your stay.
Other trip Apr 30, 2015
rick
"Better than I thought it might be"
The hotel was nice, but not laid out very well. The staff seemed pleasant and the evening shift receptionist was extremely helpful but overworked and hard to find sometimes. The room I was given was near housekeeping and the only entrance to get to the indoor poor and exercise room...lots of door banging sounds while trying to take a nap. Annoying, but not worth the effort to get a different room. It did not seem that the hotel was very full so I'm not sure why they would book rooms at that end of the 1st floor hall until absolutely necessary. The room was very clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was cramped but clean. Ended up not staying all night, but only because I had to get back home. Would stay again, but ask for a room on 2nd or 3rd floor.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
James, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate it!
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2015
"very close to Miller park"
stayed for a Brewer baseball game. great location
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for your review Arthur, Go Brewers!
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
Arthur
This hotel was the perfect distant to Wisconsin State Fair Park. The room was nice and clean, dated, but clean. The breakfast was hot and the attendant very pleasant. All of the hotel staff was very, very nice and accommodating. I would definitely recommend a stay. My only negative comment was that the hotel restaurant closed at 10PM.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for your business and review
Other trip Apr 18, 2015
Maryanne
Everything was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was superb. The desk clerk called a cab for us when we made an inquiry and ran off map quest info for helping us find a destination. The breakfast was superb. Not often do you get hot entries like scrambled eggs, ham, and pancakes on a pick up breakfast. I liked also that the food was available until 10:00 am. rather than the common 9:00 at most hotels. The bar/cafe downstairs was great too. Had the best calzone ever and the waitress was so helpful in helping us decide what size to order.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you so very much for your review. The entire staff works tirelessly to provide guests such as yourself wit ha great experience during your time with us. We are happy to hear we delivered upon that goal with you during your stay
Other trip Apr 15, 2015
"Nice hotel, close to the Riverside/pabst Theater"
Staff was welcoming, rooms were clean. Easy to locate. The only downside was there weren't really any bars nearby and the adjacent pub closed early.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, the next time you are in Milwaukee for another show at the Pabst we hope to see you again!
Other trip Apr 10, 2015
chelsea
"Cool!!"
Wasn't too sure I was going to like it because it was located in like residential area but I was wrong the staff was really nice, the rooms were clean and the continental breakfast was hot and better than I expected!!!! The thing I didn't like were the full size double beds and the terrible staff in the bar area:-(
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thanks for your review, glad to hear we took great care of you when you were with us!
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
No parking, crack head standing outside, old building needs updates! Worst Best Western I've ever stayed at! Only thing good was the free breakfast
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
On behalf of the entire team please accept my sincere apologies that our hotel did not meet your expectations. Receiving a one star review is very uncommon for us and something we do not enjoy. Once again please accept our apologies for anything that may have provided you with a negative experience during your time with us.
Other trip Apr 5, 2015
"Relaxing comfortable nights rest"
I took my sons to Milwaukee for a concert and to do some sightseeing, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the complementary breakfast was actually quite delicious. If I ever visit Milwaukee again I would hesitate staying there.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Greta to hear you enjoyed yourself. See you next time you visit Milwaukee.
1 night family trip Mar 27, 2015
Anthony
"Nice staff, but would not go back."
I was told construction was done last week, however 8 am Monday morning carpets in the rooms next to me was getting ripped up and replaced. Also the thermometer was broken and the room was 20 degrees warmer than the beautiful 60 degree weather outside. Plus, they don't mention that the pool and hot tub is used by hotel guests and the people who live in the apartment building attached.
1 night trip with friends Mar 15, 2015
"Ok"
The rooms were nice, clean. The staff was friendly, the female bartender in the hotel bar was not so friendly! In the 3 days we were there, the police were there 3 times!
2 night family trip Mar 13, 2015
Kristi
Very comfortable room. Parking was a little tight. Adequate for a short term stay. The hotel is under construction.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your most recent stay. We are hopeful that our renovation projects did not disturb you during your time with us. We do everything in our power to minimize the impact on our guests while we update the property for the future enjoyment of our guests.
Other trip Mar 5, 2015
Very friendly and clean, first time in Milwaukee , love it
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thanks for the review we greatly appreciate it!
Other trip Mar 2, 2015
Jedan
"Decent place"
In town from Pennsylvania for a funeral. The hotel is on the older side. Parking was very minimal. The room was very small, and the heat was hard to regulate. We actually had to run the AC with the heat. That being said, the hotel was very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the shower was awesome. The staff was very helpful, and friendly. The breakfast was also very good. Pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs, oatmeal, as well as all the other things you would expect from a hotel breakfast. I would overall recommend this hotel if your looking for a nice clean place to stay at a reasonable price. Side note- This would be an excellent place to stay if you're going to a Brewer game. It's within walking distance to the ballpark.
2 night family trip Feb 26, 2015
"Would not stay here!!"
Terrible construction started at 6 am carpet was dirty. Mold in the shower. Beds looked slept in
3 night business trip Feb 16, 2015
jacob
"Good stay"
Was a good hotel sometimes you can hear a lot of noise from outside but it was livable
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you very much for the five star review. We are currently in the middle of a very large renovation project going through and improving the soundproofing in all of our guest rooms to help cut down on the noise disturbances that may occur.
2 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"poor room temperature"
Well first, I i booked the room and paid almost a month ahead of time. I reserved a king sized bed room. When I arrived the receptionist informed me that a king size bed room was not available. That was unexpected. I ended up with a room with two full beds. When I entered the room it was only at 57 degrees. So I turned up the thermostat hoping it would warm up to 65 degrees after my concert. I returned almost 5 hours later and it had not changed. I called the front desk and asked him what was wrong with the thermostat. He said it takes a while to warm up. He didn't offer to come check on it, or to bring extra blankets. He wished me a goodnight and hung up. So I took the comforter from the other bed. I woke around 10 the next morning and the room was at 60 degrees. Still quite chilly, being it was 1 degree outside.
Darcy
"Overnight Stay"
We asked to be in a corner on the third floor so that the room would be quiet. Instead, they grouped everyone into this corner. The guys traveled from several rooms down with their cases of beer to the room next door to our room. Did they not know that we didn't want to be placed in the Party center??? The floor was not full to capacity that they needed us to be lumped together when we specifically asked to be in this location for quietness!No woods! Only making lots + houses.NO VIEW OF WOODS! Breakfast was nice, clean and the workers kept everything full. The pool was nice and big. The workout room was nice. The hot tub was hot with powerful jets. The room was clean and had everything. The windows were of poor quality as we could hear anything from outside: Wind, road noise, etc.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Jennifer, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate your feedback and it has been shared with the team to help us improve on the service we deliver.
1 night romance trip Feb 13, 2015
"Milwaukee Trip"
My stay was decent. Having seen the good reviews I was expecting more. Unfortunately, the room was old and not in the best shape. My door would not close all the way. The sheets had a couple stains. The floors were soooo creaky and kept me up all night. Breakfast was decent though. Also very close to the VA, were I was going.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
On behalf of the entire team we are very sorry that you were disappointed during your stay with us. I can say that we are working very hard to improve out guest experience with this years renovations projects and am hopeful all of the items in which you pointed out will be taken care of.
1 night business trip Feb 11, 2015
"Milwaukee Best Western"
Older Best Western. Rooms were clean, friendly employees & good breakfast. Had a good deal on restaurant and food was very good.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Barb, Thank you very much for the great review!
1 night trip with friends Jan 31, 2015
Barb
"I'm happy I chose to stay here..."
I had two nights on this hotel. The location it was convenient for me. The first night I wasn't pleased with the asian gentleman at front desk I though he was a Jerk, but it seems it was only him, because eveeeeeryone else it was veeery kind, and caring for the guests and we'll organized. I also dropped my phone in the Snow the first day and by the time I realized i dropped it, the phone was sitting on front desk waitting to be claimed by me, It was brought by the outdoor cleaning crew who were swelling the snow in the parking lot... UUUFFF! I was so happy to have chosen that hotel. I'll keep choosing best Western any time I travel. Thanks best wetern for making this travel a pleasant stay.
Other trip Feb 4, 2015
Bernie
"met my needs for weekend"
parking could be improved. could here noise from other guest in hallway and next door.
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"Just a hope and a skip from to I-94"
Hotel desk clerk, Jay, was friendly and helpful. He checked on us after we arrived in our room to make sure everything was OK. Parking in the back was a little dim and people were smoking right out the door. The fridge in our room was noisy and would come on several times during the night. The room was way too warm for us, since we are used to sleeping in a 62 degree room. Even after turning the heat was down, it didn't cool off much. However the bed was super comfortable. The room was nicely furnished with a big TV. The pool was inviting and breakfast wasn't extra special, but it had enough that you weren't hungry when you left. The neighborhood was older and quiet, not too far from I-94. Easy access to where we wanted to go. So, all in all, it served our needs and that what we wanted. I would recommend this hotel for its location and basic needs.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for your review, we greatly appreciate all of our guest feedback.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2015
JUDY
"great stay!!!!!"
Me and my kids had a wonderful time :-) I will definitely be staying again and its still in the city close to everything!!!!!
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Jessica, We are very excited to hear that you and your children had a great time with us. Thank you for your great review and we look forward to being able to provide you many more great experiences for years to come!
2 night family trip Jan 17, 2015
jessica
"1/19/15"
The beds are very comfy, free breakfast is delicious, but the walls are paper-thin. The rooms are clean and the pool, hot tub, and workout room are pretty nice as well.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about our most recent stay with us, we are happy to hear were able to enjoy yourself and also apologize for the noise. We do listen and take our guest feedback very seriously. Over the last month we have embarked on a renovation project of insulating all guest room walls so you will no longer hear your neighbors. We are also installing new carpeting which is allowing us to not only secure the flooring itself to prevent squeaks but also installing a very upgraded rubberized pad that will also assist in dampening any noise transference through the floors. While I am sorry we did not have these projects completed for you during your stay I can say with confidence that should you afford us another opportunity in the future you will be pleasantly surprised on the improvement. Once again we greatly appreciated your feedback and thank you for staying with us.
1 night business trip Jan 11, 2015
"Too much noise!!"
This was the NOISIEST hotel I've ever stayed at. The building is very old, and I could hear the people staying on the floor above me stomping around at all hours of the night. The walls are also paper thin - I could hear the person in the room next to me talking on the phone even though I had the TV on and there were people talking/yelling in the parking lot outside my window that sounded like they might as well have been inside my room. Also, noise echoes in the hallways and I woke up several times from people in the hallway. Even staff members were loud in the hallways despite the echoing. Aside from these factors, my stay would have been OK (nothing great about this hotel except the location to where I was going...the building itself is very run down), but I would truly not stay here again due to the noise...I got a terrible night's sleep.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about our most recent stay with us. We are very sorry that you were not able to enjoy your time with us however we do listen and take out guest feedback very seriously. Over the last month we have embarked on a renovation project of insulating all guest room walls so you will no longer hear your neighbors. We are also installing new carpeting which is allowing us to not only secure the flooring itself to prevent squeaks but also installing a very upgraded rubberized pad that will also assist in dampening any noise transference through the floors. While I am sorry we did not have these projects completed for you during your stay I can say with confidence that should you afford us another opportunity in the future you will be pleasantly surprised on the improvement. Once again we greatly appreciated your feedback and thank you for staying with us.
1 night business trip Dec 17, 2014
"Nice hotel and close to HD Museum."
Pleasantly surprised I wasn't expecting the nostalgic deco.
Other trip Dec 19, 2014
"Not the greatest neighborhood"
Clean, not alot around and I wouldn't really want to walk the neighborhood anyways. But very convenient for my stay.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you Colleen for your review, we are very happy to hear you found our hotel clean and convenient.
1 night business trip Dec 13, 2014
Colleen
"close to the VA Hospital"
Okay hotel room. parking was not close to room and limited. we were the only people in the pool and spa. very close to the VA Hospital and freeway access discounted rate for VA and AARP was $67 a night.
Response by Best Western Woods View Inn
Thank you for your review John.
2 night family trip Dec 9, 2014