All hotels in Carson City, Nevada, United States of America
1300 N Carson St, Carson City, NV, 89701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5
    2.4
"Old groady flea trap"
The bed was an old rock. Internet did not work. TV was an old huge thing that did not work with the remote. One of the chairs in the room was full of food crumbs and stains and the edge was worn through. Disgusting.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Not nice"
It was not nice, the room was not clean, no good breakfast. A lot of noise.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"OK good location"
room ok, bathroom needed maintenance (grout, caulk) breakfast was disappointing, tea water was cold Bread choice limited no milk for cereal BUT there is a great donut place across the street
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"rodeway inn"
bed was a bit too firm for my liking but for the price you cant complain.Ruby at the front office was very helpful. the motels in tahoe are way overpriced and couldnt find a room in reno either.Turned out to be worth the drive
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
marc
"This hotel by far is the worst I have ever stayed"
The Hotel clerk was very very rude. He ignored me and my girlfriend for atleast 10 minutes. I have been a truck driver 30 years and stayed in rooms in all the states. By far this is the worst Hotel I have ever tried to do business with.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Roadway Inn = NO"
It was terrible. The room was filthy. Sticky looking yellow stuff dripping from the roof, floor boards coming up, stains everywhere. We were promised a microwave and there wasn't one. Blankets stunk. All around it was quite horrible.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"good price compare to others"
toilet flush was not working. Had to flush it manually. the beddings are itchy
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Very Cold"
It took a very long time to warm up! I recommend calling ahead and requesting them to turn the heater on in your room several hours before your arrival.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Nice people but ..."
The staff was very nice but there was a problem in communication between the maintenance staff and the office. Our room heater did not function properly and needed to be replaced. The maintenance guy told us one story about what the office said, and the office had a different story (I tend to believe the office.) For tow nights we had to get up and down to manually turn the over heating unit on and off so the room didn't get way to hot or way too cold. They finally put in a different unit so the third (and last) night we had a properly functioning hater. the room was VERY tight because they were trying to put too much furniture into too small a room. The continental was basically commercially packaged sweet breads removed from the packages and cut in half.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Been there, done that."
The motel was comfortable for me, although my family had several problems with their rooms: broken refrigerator, unchanged bedding.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Dr.Marcia
Bathroom sink did not drain. Towels pretty skimpy. At $60.00 a night, still a good value. They allow pets which we appreciate.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Ok, but a little disappointed"
It was OK for our last minute stay, but we were not happy to find that all rooms did not have microwaves as advertised. We had to go down to the lobby to use the one there. The stairwells at the end of the building were very difficult to climb use the handrails.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Penguin gal
Just need a last minute place to stay. the area works well with night life.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Not bad, but not as good as I hoped."
The property seems a bit worn down, but was decently maintained and quite full when we arrived. The best thing from our standpoint was it was a good price, and better than most two-star motels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Pete
"This Hotel was horrible."
Room was over priced for the "quality" of the hotel. TV didn't work. Everything was old, it looks like that have not put any money back into this property in years. We rented 2 rooms, second room had ants. We will not be back.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Bonnie
Room was dirty and bathroom had mold everywhere. Paid for 2 nights but stayed only one.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Do not stay here!!"
Room had ants, bed sheets bot clean. Hotel Owner not nice at all!!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Mediocre"
I just needed a room to stay for two days, and this hotel was one of the cheapest. You get what you pay for, but I suspect there are a lot better choices in the city.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Fourth of July weekend"
A couple things I would like to give feedback on is more towels in the bathroom, the floors are a little uneven when you walk on them, and both of our keys deactivated. It might have been because it was hot outside, but it was just a little inconvenient that both of the keys we we're given stopped working. That's all, everything else was great!
"It was ok"
Pillows were uncomfortable.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Ok for the price"
I felt the stay was fine. The bed was hard. What I didn't like what the room was not cleaned until the afternoon, we came back from our errands & the lady was not even about to clean the room, we had to request for it & she said it would be done fast, so I'm assuming she just did the beds & took the dirty towels because the room was not even vacuumed. Did like the breakfast.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"would not use again"
old property. not well maintained. floors from room above us creaked every time someone moved about. rooms not very clean. walls and door ways need washing and cleaned. staff was pleasant.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Close to downtown and freeways."
The hotel was clean and quiet but very small, could have used a microwave. The staff was helpful and it was pet friendly. We would stay there again when in the area visiting family.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Pat
"good location"
location was good for our usage, the area was quiet , the rooms leave something to be desired, loose floor tiles, tilted tub and floors, bathroom door would not shut. as long as your not too picky it will do for a place to lay your head.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I really was not expecting much for the price and I knew that we really were going to spend very little time at the hotel, but I was very surprised at how clean the room was and how comfortable the bed was! The front desk person was very attentive and the breakfast was also better than I expected. I would return here again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Not good for the rate we are paying"
Rooms are smelling like Pets.. and Air conditioner does not work. Break fast is not tasty...
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Stayed one night. Will never repeat"
Nothing good about this place. Bathroom was outdated and toilet was broken. Woke up to cold water next morning. The staff said a pipe had burst during the night. Tried to put some hot water in sink by running it thru coffee pot, well it was dirty so brown water. At this point we gave up. Left this place dirty and will never stay at a Quality inn again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
troyboy
"Over nite Stop"
ok but would not recommend it
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Marvin
"Conveinent"
Decent enough place to stay if your going through the area. If you want luxury then this is not the place. Continental Breakfast was kind of weak.
3 night trip Jul 14, 2012
Lori

Really nice hotel near city center
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Maciej
PL
"Ett bra hotell !"
Ett bra och prisvärt hotell för resenären ! Rekommenderas !
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Kent
SE
"pas à conseiller"
A notre arrivée , nous avons été placé dans une chambre dans laquelle le réfrigérateur ne fonctionnait . Apres avoir du insisté , on nous a changé de chambre pour une seconde dans laquelle le wifi ne fonctionnait pas ... IL a fallu faire des pieds et des mains pour avoir une chambre qui corresponde enfin aux prestations indiquées ! La chambre et la salle de bain sont vétustes , la piscine était salle ainsi que la pièce du petit déjeuner .
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
Sandrine
FR
"Enkelt og greit"
Vi var på gjennomreise og da er dette et greit sted og overnatte. Grei frokost og kort vei til gode spisesteder.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Lars Erik
"camas buenas pero falta que cambien los juegos de"
placentera y muy bien ubicado pero el hotel muy viejo
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol

"Won't go back there"
07/01/15 Matt B Kent, Washington
Arrived on a Saturday. Apparently a storm "knocked out the internet" and they couldn't get it fixed Saturday. They even asked me, since I sounded like I knew what was wrong, to go and fix it. Ok, tried to, and no luck. Sunday, still no internet. The "owner" was notified. Monday I arrived after where I was working, and it still wasn't fixed. Apparently it would be fixed the next day, after I leave. I had reports to email and was not able to. Not good. Breakfast was also not ready the same time every day. Monday it was ready at 6:30, Tuesday morning there wasn't anyone in the office (even though they are open 24/7). Just not a good experience for my first time to Carson City. I'll choose a Wyndham Hotel next time.
"Decent Price, old, place to lay your head"
06/28/15 csandjdad Phoenix, Arizona
We stayed here only because our reservation at the Hampton was canceled due to plumbing issues. The customer service was fine, very courteous. We found our room easy while passing a few questionable people. Room was clean, clean sheets and blankets, yet they were old and cheap. Bathroom was tiny and horribly designed. The shower curtain rod was falling off, the tile was coming up and one was loose, ants were crawling all over the shower top. Air worked good. Power went out due to a storm in the area and the wifi never came back on. Woke at 3am to people walking outside. Went for the breakfast at 6am and no one was there. Office was locked up even though it stated it was open 24 hrs. No one in sight so we left. Would not stay again.
04/22/15 Vita J Reno, Nevada
i have stayed at this hotel several times and i have had a good experience every time. the staff is very friendly and helpful. the room was comfortable, everything was neat and clean. there was internet service and good tv cable in my room. things a bit run down but over all everything is in working condition.
"Worst Place I have ever stayed..hands down!"
08/04/14 TerraK348 Chico
If I could give negative points..I would....Upon entering the bathroom..I slipped and fell on the wet tile floor. The toilet was leaking pretty badly. Called front desk..were told there where no more rooms available. In fact the whole town was booked due to Hot August Nights. Began soaking the toilet water up with towels. During our two day stay..discovered our outlet in bathroom did not work at all..had to brew coffee, dry and curl hair on the floor. Ants proliferated the room and we all felt them crawling on us at night. Complained to the manager after the first day of our visit..was told we would get a significant discount upon check-out..he was sorry for toilet..etc..etc..lies lies lies. He even admitted ne knew the toilet was leaking and had a repair man look at it..but "it was really busy last week"...UM WHAT? So you rent out a room that you know has a leaky toilet...bad business and greedyness!!! When we checked out we discovered the room had been charged already in full (we had been lied to)..the poor gal at the front desk made 3 calls to the manager at home. We were told we could be given 20% off one day ...not acceptable...more run around...I told the gal at the front that I was sorry she had to work there...still disputing bill....do yourself a favor..and don't stay here!
"A hidden gem"
07/21/14 TOM A Pinehurst, Texas
I made a same day reservation and was kinda leary. I had never been to CC before and didn't know what to expect other than I was needing a hotel on the south side. As we got closer to the hotel, I was fearful since it's located closer to the older part of town. There weren't many of us there that night BUT it was well worht the stay! Even though the TV was an older model, the room was clean, the A/C was quiet and we didn't have to be concerned with noise from other patrons. The hotel is located right on the main drag but surprizingly the location was very quite after the sun went down. Well worth the price and very reasonable.
"A place to sleep"
06/17/14 Mark916 Sacramento, California
I stay here each time I am in Carson City on business. Here are the reasons why, its one of the cheaper hotels with my AAA discount, I get the "stay bonus" through choice hotels (which means I get cash back with multiple stays in this chain) and its close to the accounts I call on. As far as the hotel itself, the staff has always been friendly towards me, the internet connection works fairly well (I have reports and emails I have to do every day so a decent connection is almost as important as the room itself) and its easy to get in and out of with my loaded truck. However, over the past 2-3 years of staying here I see no evidence of any improvements and the normal wear and tear is showing with little to no attempt to correct it. So over all I will stay here again but I am always looking for better deals so this is by no means a sure thing, its just a place to sleep.
"Bad example of 3rd world housing"
06/02/14 Wizardo Z PALM DESERT
Dirty bedding (fresh blood stains), torn sheets, cigarette burns on bedding (is this really a non-smoking motel?), dirty bedspread, dirty carpet (black sand/dirt), moldy/stinky shower curtain, dingy curtains, NO INTERNET service, trash bags and broken appliances stored outside door. Room was in a general state of disrepair, burnt out light bulbs. One of the worst (maybe THE WORST) motel experiences I have ever had. What a rip off!!! Disgraceful! Like a 3rd world travel experience. No more Choice Hotels for me. Would NEVER recommend to anyone I know.
"Just average"
05/16/14 Michelle L Redlands, California
We spent 2 nights here in April 2014. Overall, the property was a little rundown, but nothing horrible. Our sink/dressing area looked recently remodeled, so maybe they're going in stages. In the shower/toilet room, the towel bar had been knocked off the wall and was leaning in the corner. That should have been an easy repair, but instead looked really bad. The shower had no showerhead - water just poured out of the pipe. It was still okay to shower, but it sure isn't conserving any water. Our only real complaint was the beds were extremely hard. The kids didn't complain, but my husband and I were both stiff and sore the next couple of days. Breakfast was adequate. Kids loved the waffle machine. I thought the cooked eggs were disgusting, but others liked them. They were out of sausage at 8:00am, not sure if they ever refilled it. We probably won't stay here again, just because the beds were too uncomfortable. But for someone who doesn't mind a stiff bed, there really wasn't anything wrong, just a little run down.
"Avoid this hotel"
03/18/14 George N Halfmoon Bay, Canada
We stayed here March 18, just passing through. The property inside and and out was rather shabby. I agree with another recent review "where's the Quality". The company should take a critical look at this place. We had to hold the coffee maker lid on while brewing. There were many small ants in the sink and countertop in the morning. Something sticky coated the phone pad making it difficult to press the numbers.. This is not a good advertisement for this hotel chain, which we've used before. The breakfast was just OK but I would not recommend this hotel.
"It was clean, fairly quiet, and a good deal"
03/13/14 Mike L West Linn
I was there for a week but I only slept there so I can't comment on much. However, everything worked, it was clean and quiet, and everyone who worked there, and the manager, were all very nice and helpful. My room was farthest from the main road. I didn't have the breakfast as I was visiting family. I was staying in the hotel because we had overfilled the family home.