All hotels in Carson City, Nevada, United States of America
1300 N Carson St, Carson City, NV, 89701, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

2.8
    2.5
    2.4
"ITS A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY, JUNK!!"
Room was very unclean, hair all over the bath tub and air conditioning was not working . When we went to our room, the door was already open ,the housekeeping doesn't even bother to check if the door is properly locked when they leaving . I couldn't find soaps and shampoo in the bath room. To top it all on Saturday night they had only one very old guy in the reception handling all the guests and wait time was 20-35 mins for checking in to reserved room. We just spent the night and left early in the morning from the room.
1 night family trip Jun 27, 2015
Naga
"Very clean and nice staff"
Beds a little hard but very clean, friendly staff and excellent continental breakfast!
Other trip Apr 28, 2015
lisa
"Old groady flea trap"
The bed was an old rock. Internet did not work. TV was an old huge thing that did not work with the remote. One of the chairs in the room was full of food crumbs and stains and the edge was worn through. Disgusting.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2015
"Not nice"
It was not nice, the room was not clean, no good breakfast. A lot of noise.
2 night family trip Feb 13, 2015
"OK good location"
room ok, bathroom needed maintenance (grout, caulk) breakfast was disappointing, tea water was cold Bread choice limited no milk for cereal BUT there is a great donut place across the street
Other trip Jan 27, 2015
"rodeway inn"
bed was a bit too firm for my liking but for the price you cant complain.Ruby at the front office was very helpful. the motels in tahoe are way overpriced and couldnt find a room in reno either.Turned out to be worth the drive
Other trip Jan 19, 2015
marc
"This hotel by far is the worst I have ever stayed"
The Hotel clerk was very very rude. He ignored me and my girlfriend for atleast 10 minutes. I have been a truck driver 30 years and stayed in rooms in all the states. By far this is the worst Hotel I have ever tried to do business with.
Other trip Jan 14, 2015
"Roadway Inn = NO"
It was terrible. The room was filthy. Sticky looking yellow stuff dripping from the roof, floor boards coming up, stains everywhere. We were promised a microwave and there wasn't one. Blankets stunk. All around it was quite horrible.
1 night trip Dec 27, 2014
"good price compare to others"
toilet flush was not working. Had to flush it manually. the beddings are itchy
1 night family trip Dec 26, 2014
"Very Cold"
It took a very long time to warm up! I recommend calling ahead and requesting them to turn the heater on in your room several hours before your arrival.
1 night business trip Dec 15, 2014
"Nice people but ..."
The staff was very nice but there was a problem in communication between the maintenance staff and the office. Our room heater did not function properly and needed to be replaced. The maintenance guy told us one story about what the office said, and the office had a different story (I tend to believe the office.) For tow nights we had to get up and down to manually turn the over heating unit on and off so the room didn't get way to hot or way too cold. They finally put in a different unit so the third (and last) night we had a properly functioning hater. the room was VERY tight because they were trying to put too much furniture into too small a room. The continental was basically commercially packaged sweet breads removed from the packages and cut in half.
Other trip Dec 7, 2014
"Been there, done that."
The motel was comfortable for me, although my family had several problems with their rooms: broken refrigerator, unchanged bedding.
3 night family trip Oct 31, 2014
Dr.Marcia
Bathroom sink did not drain. Towels pretty skimpy. At $60.00 a night, still a good value. They allow pets which we appreciate.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
"Ok, but a little disappointed"
It was OK for our last minute stay, but we were not happy to find that all rooms did not have microwaves as advertised. We had to go down to the lobby to use the one there. The stairwells at the end of the building were very difficult to climb use the handrails.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Penguin gal
Just need a last minute place to stay. the area works well with night life.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Not bad, but not as good as I hoped."
The property seems a bit worn down, but was decently maintained and quite full when we arrived. The best thing from our standpoint was it was a good price, and better than most two-star motels.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Pete
"This Hotel was horrible."
Room was over priced for the "quality" of the hotel. TV didn't work. Everything was old, it looks like that have not put any money back into this property in years. We rented 2 rooms, second room had ants. We will not be back.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
Bonnie
Room was dirty and bathroom had mold everywhere. Paid for 2 nights but stayed only one.
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Do not stay here!!"
Room had ants, bed sheets bot clean. Hotel Owner not nice at all!!
Other trip Jul 28, 2014
"Mediocre"
I just needed a room to stay for two days, and this hotel was one of the cheapest. You get what you pay for, but I suspect there are a lot better choices in the city.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
"Fourth of July weekend"
A couple things I would like to give feedback on is more towels in the bathroom, the floors are a little uneven when you walk on them, and both of our keys deactivated. It might have been because it was hot outside, but it was just a little inconvenient that both of the keys we we're given stopped working. That's all, everything else was great!
"It was ok"
Pillows were uncomfortable.
1 night trip Jul 4, 2014
"Ok for the price"
I felt the stay was fine. The bed was hard. What I didn't like what the room was not cleaned until the afternoon, we came back from our errands & the lady was not even about to clean the room, we had to request for it & she said it would be done fast, so I'm assuming she just did the beds & took the dirty towels because the room was not even vacuumed. Did like the breakfast.
2 night trip May 24, 2014
"would not use again"
old property. not well maintained. floors from room above us creaked every time someone moved about. rooms not very clean. walls and door ways need washing and cleaned. staff was pleasant.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Close to downtown and freeways."
The hotel was clean and quiet but very small, could have used a microwave. The staff was helpful and it was pet friendly. We would stay there again when in the area visiting family.
Other trip Oct 7, 2013
Pat
"good location"
location was good for our usage, the area was quiet , the rooms leave something to be desired, loose floor tiles, tilted tub and floors, bathroom door would not shut. as long as your not too picky it will do for a place to lay your head.
3 night trip Sep 23, 2013
"Pleasantly Surprised"
I really was not expecting much for the price and I knew that we really were going to spend very little time at the hotel, but I was very surprised at how clean the room was and how comfortable the bed was! The front desk person was very attentive and the breakfast was also better than I expected. I would return here again.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2013
"Not good for the rate we are paying"
Rooms are smelling like Pets.. and Air conditioner does not work. Break fast is not tasty...
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
"Stayed one night. Will never repeat"
Nothing good about this place. Bathroom was outdated and toilet was broken. Woke up to cold water next morning. The staff said a pipe had burst during the night. Tried to put some hot water in sink by running it thru coffee pot, well it was dirty so brown water. At this point we gave up. Left this place dirty and will never stay at a Quality inn again.
Other trip Jul 21, 2013
troyboy
"Over nite Stop"
ok but would not recommend it
1 night trip Jul 12, 2013
Marvin

Enkelt boende och frukost men helt okej för ett nattstopp under vår rundresa i Kalifornien. Område och bilparkering kändes tryggt.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2015
SE
Really nice hotel near city center
1 night family trip Jun 18, 2015
Maciej
PL
"Ett bra hotell !"
Ett bra och prisvärt hotell för resenären ! Rekommenderas !
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2014
Kent
SE
"pas à conseiller"
A notre arrivée , nous avons été placé dans une chambre dans laquelle le réfrigérateur ne fonctionnait . Apres avoir du insisté , on nous a changé de chambre pour une seconde dans laquelle le wifi ne fonctionnait pas ... IL a fallu faire des pieds et des mains pour avoir une chambre qui corresponde enfin aux prestations indiquées ! La chambre et la salle de bain sont vétustes , la piscine était salle ainsi que la pièce du petit déjeuner .
3 night family trip Jul 30, 2014
Sandrine
FR
"Enkelt og greit"
Vi var på gjennomreise og da er dette et greit sted og overnatte. Grei frokost og kort vei til gode spisesteder.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2013
Lars Erik
"camas buenas pero falta que cambien los juegos de"
placentera y muy bien ubicado pero el hotel muy viejo
2 night business trip Jun 19, 2013
Tdaf
1 night trip Dec 26, 2014
BR

TripAdvisor reviews for Rodeway Inn at Nevada State Capitol

"Could not wait to check out,"
07/28/15 canuckfamily5 Sooke, Canada
For $60 a night I wasn't expecting much. But apparently expecting a clean room is asking too much. The bathroom was disgusting. I don' t know if they use a toilet brush to clean the toilets or not but the rings in the toilets have not been cleaned in a long time. The toilet was literally black which perfectly matched the tub. I was scared to use it because I thought I'd probably pick up some foot fungus. There was one bottle of half used shampoo and one bar of soap so thin, we got about three uses out of it. Oh and did I mention the ants? There were so many sugar ants around the sink, I didn't leave my toothbrush or paste lying around because I knew I would wake up and they would be covered in them. I thought it was just my room but the other room we go was just as bad. The lady at the front desk said the Orkin man was coming that day to deal with it. I'm doubtful. Add all that to the blood stain on my sheet and the smokers sitting outside their rooms so that the smoke came in through the air conditioning, it was a very long night. We couldn't wait to get out of there in the morning and skipped the breakfast so we could leave as soon as possible. We are not picky when it comes to hotels. But I don't think that expecting a clean room is asking too much regardless of what you are paying. I think the owners are taking advantage of travellers by doing the absolute minimum amount of work they can get away with and then thinking that we will put up with it because the room is cheap, if I were Choice a Hotels I would not want my name associated with this dive.
"Disgusting, this crack house should have been demolished years ago"
07/26/15 jondavi san diego,California
Unless you like people in the adjoining room smoking crack and dealing in the parking lot, then this is the place for you. Having driven all day and trying to find a room between Reno and Carson City, this hell hole was the last resort. Burnt sheets and bed covers, straw like towels, syringes left lying in the bedside drawers and cigarette burn holes in the chair by the window. Please folks, just stay well clear of this garbage dump. A wrecking ball can do wonders to this establishment in only a few minutes.
"Terrible unclean room"
07/22/15 Selena C Carson City, Nevada
This place was NASTY. We rented room 123 between 6-7pm Monday July 20th 2015. Upon entering (which was hard because the key card scanner was ajar and wouldn't read the key correctly}, it looked shabby but we decided to stay provided we didn't see any bedbugs. As the night went on and we unloaded our luggage, we began to see how scuzzy the place really was. The room looked like it had been neglected for months. Sure people stayed, but I'm assuming they didn't notice or they left just like we did after a few hours. The headboard was SO sticky, I had to literally tear my head/hair off it. We proceeded to clean surfaces with a washcloth and found the substance was nicotine buildup. The towels in the bathroom were white and tan respectively. Upon coming out of the shower I wrapped my hair in the white towel, and grabbed the tan to dry off. It was NOT tan. It had been there SO long, it had a nicotine buildup down the length of the towel in the middle. I immediately went to the front desk and told the clerk everything we had noticed so far and she was very nice and gave us fresh towels. The 2 chairs at the table had severe crumb buildup in the seams around the edges where you sit. My fiancé went to bed after 4 hours and I stayed up watching TV in the bed. I had thought my itching was due to a new bath fizzy ball I used as I did not see anything on the bed. Once the light was turned off, I glanced over at my fiancé's side of the bed and the bedbugs were ALL over him. I woke him up and we packed up and checked out. It was $54.99 total for the room, plus $50 deposit. I just got my deposit back, told the clerk who came on shift that night everything wrong with the room, and left.
"Nothing special but ok for that price"
07/20/15 AgaSwiecznik Lodz, Poland
Rooms were standard but nice, with nice furniture, internet was ok, too. There was a free breakfast and it was nice and tasty. Hotel has small outdoor swimming pool. Location is great, close co city center.
"Over night stay with the family"
07/15/15 PeEshAheb1 Porter, Texas
We had booked this hotel even though its a distance from Lake tahoe where we spent the whole day at. But we had plans to go to Yosemite National Park so didnt want to pay the over priced hotels in lake tahoe and booked this one. We were checked in to all four of our rooms promptly. They were all beside each other, which we liked since we had a large family of two vans full staying here. The breakfast was not a full hot but we wanted to grab items like these that made it easier for us to be on the go. Kids enjoyed the danishes, fruit and juice. I really enjoyed the pressurized shower head. I knew we were not looking for a 5 star hotel, but we didn't have to break the bank and splurge like that if it was a over night stay. We were satisfied with our stay. The convenience to the grocery store and bars is nice, since its walking distance. We didn't go but the casino is walking distance as well. Also they must have updated the WIFI since the other reviews because it worked great without any issues.
"Won't go back there"
07/01/15 Matt B Kent, Washington
Arrived on a Saturday. Apparently a storm "knocked out the internet" and they couldn't get it fixed Saturday. They even asked me, since I sounded like I knew what was wrong, to go and fix it. Ok, tried to, and no luck. Sunday, still no internet. The "owner" was notified. Monday I arrived after where I was working, and it still wasn't fixed. Apparently it would be fixed the next day, after I leave. I had reports to email and was not able to. Not good. Breakfast was also not ready the same time every day. Monday it was ready at 6:30, Tuesday morning there wasn't anyone in the office (even though they are open 24/7). Just not a good experience for my first time to Carson City. I'll choose a Wyndham Hotel next time.
"Decent Price, old, place to lay your head"
06/28/15 csandjdad Phoenix, Arizona
We stayed here only because our reservation at the Hampton was canceled due to plumbing issues. The customer service was fine, very courteous. We found our room easy while passing a few questionable people. Room was clean, clean sheets and blankets, yet they were old and cheap. Bathroom was tiny and horribly designed. The shower curtain rod was falling off, the tile was coming up and one was loose, ants were crawling all over the shower top. Air worked good. Power went out due to a storm in the area and the wifi never came back on. Woke at 3am to people walking outside. Went for the breakfast at 6am and no one was there. Office was locked up even though it stated it was open 24 hrs. No one in sight so we left. Would not stay again.
04/22/15 Vita J Reno, Nevada
i have stayed at this hotel several times and i have had a good experience every time. the staff is very friendly and helpful. the room was comfortable, everything was neat and clean. there was internet service and good tv cable in my room. things a bit run down but over all everything is in working condition.
"Worst Place I have ever stayed..hands down!"
08/04/14 TerraK348 Chico
If I could give negative points..I would....Upon entering the bathroom..I slipped and fell on the wet tile floor. The toilet was leaking pretty badly. Called front desk..were told there where no more rooms available. In fact the whole town was booked due to Hot August Nights. Began soaking the toilet water up with towels. During our two day stay..discovered our outlet in bathroom did not work at all..had to brew coffee, dry and curl hair on the floor. Ants proliferated the room and we all felt them crawling on us at night. Complained to the manager after the first day of our visit..was told we would get a significant discount upon check-out..he was sorry for toilet..etc..etc..lies lies lies. He even admitted ne knew the toilet was leaking and had a repair man look at it..but "it was really busy last week"...UM WHAT? So you rent out a room that you know has a leaky toilet...bad business and greedyness!!! When we checked out we discovered the room had been charged already in full (we had been lied to)..the poor gal at the front desk made 3 calls to the manager at home. We were told we could be given 20% off one day ...not acceptable...more run around...I told the gal at the front that I was sorry she had to work there...still disputing bill....do yourself a favor..and don't stay here!
"A hidden gem"
07/21/14 TOM A Pinehurst, Texas
I made a same day reservation and was kinda leary. I had never been to CC before and didn't know what to expect other than I was needing a hotel on the south side. As we got closer to the hotel, I was fearful since it's located closer to the older part of town. There weren't many of us there that night BUT it was well worht the stay! Even though the TV was an older model, the room was clean, the A/C was quiet and we didn't have to be concerned with noise from other patrons. The hotel is located right on the main drag but surprizingly the location was very quite after the sun went down. Well worth the price and very reasonable.