All hotels in Rutland, Vermont, United States of America
5 Best Western Place, Rutland, VT, 05701, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Good ski hotel close by"
Good place to relax and get a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good too.
1 night trip with friends Jan 23, 2016
paolo
"Great breakfast"
Second time staying. Perfect place to stay and ski.
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
The room was too cold and though there was a thermostat in room did not actually have ability to change temp. Most expensive place we stayed this trip and the least nice
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2016
"Lovely"
I loved the room, the quiet, and the service. However, the wifi did not work during the one evening, even after I asked about it. I did love the chocolate chip cookies and chatting with the staff around a very lovely fire!
1 night business trip Jan 12, 2016
"Weekend with hubby"
It was excellent! I will book again there.
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Katrina
"Great place. Will be back."
Second time there. Great staff. Stayed in Suite again. Like home away from home.
7 night romance trip Nov 22, 2015
Todd
"wedding"
Very friendly and accommidating to the needs that we had.
1 night romance trip Nov 21, 2015
Jack
"overnight in a clean room with decent breakfast"
a good choice for leafpeeping
1 night romance trip Oct 14, 2015
Disappointed that room did not look out on lake. Older people were put upstairs rather than on the first floor. Hallways were extremely littered. Toilet water was filthy.
Other trip Oct 3, 2015
Sue
"More than we ask for."
Ask for a king but a double. The lady at the desk was so nice. She gave us a suite. We had a large bedroom, living room, and kitchen. Wonderful. The breakfast was very good.
1 night romance trip Sep 10, 2015
Robbie
The room was very small. Wallpaper was coming off walls. Bathroom small. Not one big hotel, but small little houses with rooms inside. The staff was friendly. Couldn't figure out a/c. Refrigerator made a loud noise.
1 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
"Love it here!"
We stay here every year and we love it. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.
Other trip Sep 4, 2015
Debi
"Good stopping point."
Very good hotel for overnight stay. Friendly staff, good location and quiet. Rooms are a little small and it is time to replace the beds but overall nice. Breakfast was good. They cater to tour buses and the breakfast can get crowded.
2 night romance trip Aug 29, 2015
Chuck
Very clean. Very helpful staff. Good breakfast.
1 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
"Not a pet friendly hotel at all and not very welco"
We stayed there while Dropping our daughter off for college. We had researched dog friendly hotels and booked this hotel. It turns out they no longer allow dogs and turned off our room the second morning I'm guessing after the man who cleaned the rooms saw the dog Food. I had no idea they no longer allowed pets, but our dog was never alone in the room and out with us all day. They were upset but ended up not charging us an additional fee which would have been better than the weirdly suspicious behavior we encountered. These on staff pushed by me to inspect the room as we were leaving. Hard to explain. Just made us feel like criminals and the dog didn't do anything in the room. It was bizarre. Each morning the cars were checked in the parking lot too by the same Person I believe. Just got s very strange vibe from the people. Felt more like staying at someone's bed and breakfast where the owners are worried you will mess up their house. strsngely there was a pick up truck in the lot with three guys sitting on folding chairs drinking at one point and that went unnoticed.
1 night family trip Aug 18, 2015
Christine
"A+ Hotel"
Excellent hotel with immediate service. Breakfasts were wonderfully delicious. In fact, we are returning next month !!!
4 night romance trip Aug 8, 2015
RL
"Decent option, slightly overpriced."
our family stayed for 3 nights in August. Breakfast was solid and the pool was nice. Staff were friendly and attentive. Nice location on rt 4 between pico and Rutland. Room was tiny, beds were mediocre and walls/ceilings paper thin (footsteps above sound like they will come through the floor, TV next door might as well be in your room). It's decent enough although less expensive motels probably offer comparable experience at better value price point.
3 night family trip Aug 10, 2015
Very large rooms, super nice and friendly stuff, great breakfast and pool
1 night family trip Aug 7, 2015
Great hotel. Low price and huge, very nice rooms. Friendly stuff and very nice pool. Excellent breakfast!
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
"Ok place for a couple of nights"
We were there for a family wedding in the area. It was fine for the couple of nights. Beds could be more firm and the room was a little small. It was clean, staff were nice, breakfast was the usual assortment of less than healthy options (a little fruit and yogurt if you looked). It is in a convenient location for the Rutland/Killington area.
3 night family trip Jul 24, 2015
"A good hotel"
Great people, easy to park, good breakfast and comfortable bed. The only area to improve is the location of the AC unit; just next to your ear when you sleep is not an ideal location.
1 night family trip Jul 25, 2015
"OK for a night"
Room was somewhat dusty - no ice machine in our building - # 6 - a bit pricy compared to other local accommodations
Other trip Jul 16, 2015
Retired Mike
"great stay"
Great place - my friend was ready to move in - would make a good little apartment - very comfortable. nice decor. would stay here again without a second thought. loved it.
1 night trip with friends Apr 12, 2015
Brenda
"Sweet suite"
Only stayed one night but will definitely return. The kids loved the pool. The suite was plenty of room. We were dropping my son off at camp and have stayed in other hotels in the area. This will be our first choice from now on.
1 night family trip Jun 25, 2015
"A pleasant place to stay for more than a day"
My husband and I had been here before for the weekend of the Queechee Gorge Balloon Festival. This year friends from Massachusetts came to join us. Despite the disappointment of the balloons not being launched on Saturday, there were plenty of other things to do within the 45-minute area. We hiked down and back up the gorge, visited a variety of shops and a good visitors center, and thoroughly enjoyed the excellent breakfasts provided by the hotel. Then there was the added treat of juice and scrumptious cookies in the dining room for those who returned by 8:00 in the evening! In addition, we were thrilled to find a Ponderosa Steak House at which to eat on Friday night. A steak dinner, full buffet (including seafood) and dessert for one fantastic price was indeed a dream deal! Also, our friends liked the church they found to attend on Sunday, and my husband and I had an easy route to Papa John's maple syrup farm as well as to Crowley Cheese on our way home.
Other trip Jun 24, 2015
"Bad"
Smells bad never go again worst place ever shut it down
Other trip Jun 22, 2015
Nice location. Rooms are not as updated as other hotels but the room had everything that is needed, nice temperature and water pressure in shower, beds were a little soft for my liking but they and the rest of the room were exceptionally clean. Breakfast is not gourmet but definitely decent with plenty of options for a good meal.
Other trip Jun 8, 2015
"Stunned by the "Outstanding rating" on hotels.com"
I booked this hotel (instead of a nearby MUCH cheaper Holiday INN) based mostly on the "OUTSTANDING" rating it had received here on HOTEL.com. What was that rating about?? This old, rustic, mediocre (at best) hotel has a friendly staff, and an average breakfast- but for the price, ($$$) is an extremely stunning bad deal. For half of the price, I could have stayed at the Rutland-Killington holiday inn, where the rest of my family stayed. I have learned a lesson- the ratings on this site are questionable at best. I am not normally one to complain, but I feel ripped-off as I am a (normally) savvy traveler. Smallest most disappointing room I have ever rented. And, since there is a 'NO cancellation' policy, I was stuck. Ouch.
2 night family trip May 15, 2015
"ski trip"
Convenient location
2 night trip with friends Mar 20, 2015
"Ski Trip"
The hotel was perfect for our quick getaway to Pico.
1 night family trip Mar 6, 2015
Robert P
"It was fine, just not for us."
My first thought was that it was overpriced for what you got BUT it's minutes from Killington. We were in the area to visit our son at a nearby college and ended up at the Best Western because the 2 places where we usually stay were full. The unit we stayed in was at the top of the hill and was very quiet. The rooms were on the small side and a bit stale smelling. You need to leave your building and go outside to get to where the restaurant and "gym" are.
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Sue
"Fantastic!"
Went up to Killington for the weekend, and needed a place to stay. Best Western offered large suites for a great price. The suites have plenty of room for a few people and it is located 5 minutes away from Rutland. However, the beds could be a bit more comfortable and the kitchen could be updated. Other than that, great stay!
2 night trip with friends Feb 27, 2015
Bartosz
"The place looks nice from the outside"
The rooms are clean the staff wasn't much help we had to get moved out of our room because the heat wouldn't go past 65 they knew that because they moved us up stairs said would be warmer
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
dave
"Overnight for a day of skiing"
Nice, clean, and up to date accommodations. Rooms are clustered in separate townhouse style buildings. Convenient to Killington and Rutland. Breakfast buffet had decent selection of hot and cold to choose from. Would stay again.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Deff book here!"
Very clean, comfy beds & blankets, staff was personable & the breakfast was great!
Other trip Feb 21, 2015
jennifer
"Pleasant surprise!"
Stayed for 1 night on our way to a ski resort, didn't realize how spacious the room would be. Full kitchenette, living room, plenty of ski storage space. Great value. Front desk staff was one of the nicest I've dealt with! Breakfast was very good. Would definitely stay again if we're in the area.
1 night family trip Feb 11, 2015
colleen
Excellent and great prices. Beatiful area and the service was perfect.
Other trip Feb 2, 2015
Jose
"Great Experience"
Stayed at placed in Killington area this was by far the best. Great room. Great rate and and really great breakfast. This will be my go-to hotel for future trips.
Response by Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Thank you for your response, Leigh! I am elated to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and everything that we have to offer. Our team takes pride in what they do, and it makes me happy to know that you could see that! We all hope to see you again soon!
1 night family trip Jan 24, 2015
Leigh
"Very Happy"
Great stay..... We were all very happy with this hotel ..truly great free breakfast and extremely friendly employees..
Response by Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Thank you for your great review, Chris! We all take pride in our work and are genuinely happy to be here, and I think that that is what makes us such a success! Have a great New Year and I hope you will come stay with us again soon!
1 night family trip Jan 23, 2015
"Be Happy and Ski..."
Everything about Best Western Plus Inn & Suites Rutland/Killington was great!! Rooms were very clean and friendky, the service was outstanding and the breakfast was delicious each day.
Response by Best Western Inn & Suites Rutland-Killington
Thank you for your review, Adam! I am glad to hear that you were happy with your room and the breakfast! Our breakfast hosts, Tammy and Dolores, are fantastic and truly love what they do. I hope you will come and stay with us again soon!
3 night family trip Jan 8, 2015
Adam
"Perfect lodging for a ski weekend"
We were looking for accommodations near Killington, and the Best Western in Rutland was the perfect fit for our family of five. It was only a short drive from the mountain at an affordable price. We had 2 queen beds with a third sofa bed. There was a kitchen and separate living area. The room had ample space to spread out and store our ski equipment. I called the front desk a few weeks before our stay looking for a restaurant to have New Year's Eve dinner. They suggested a couple of places. We took their recommendation for Table 24 and had a lovely time.
Other trip Jan 4, 2015
Rachel
Short stay for skiing. Clean and comfortable. Space is small. Staff nice.
Other trip Dec 27, 2014
"great value!"
I didn't have high expectations for a chain hotel in Rutland, Vt, and I am very pleased to say it was actually great. The room I was in has been updated and was very large and comfortable. The staff is very nice and helpful. The ski chalet layout makes this rather large hotel seem smaller and cozy, and it looks like it would be good in the summer, too, with tennis and outdoor swimming ticked behind the chalets for privacy from the road. It felt like a much more expensive hotel.
1 night business trip Dec 2, 2014
June
"Warm and cozy"
Great stay. Warm and clean rooms. Breakfast put it over the top! The bed was so comfortable. Best sleep ive had in a log time
1 night romance trip Nov 16, 2014
katie
"Comfortable Condo Style Accommodations"
While in the area for NAC Championships at Castleton College we stayed here overnight! We were pleasantly surprised at the accommodations. Our room had two doubles in it with nice soft pillow toppers on both. The Inn had adjoining rooms connected with a double door entry (shared hallway) for larger parties without having to be in separate units.The unit was clean, quiet and nicely arrainged. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. We enjoyed the continental breakfast and Green Mountain Coffee in the morning at the main building. The Inn is located far enough away from the busy center of town but close enough for easy access. Fairly close to Killington Ski area and other activities. Enjoy! We did!
1 night romance trip Nov 2, 2014
"Definite hit. Will be Back."
Will be back. Loved the Suite.
5 night romance trip Oct 29, 2014
Todd
Our overnight stay was greeted with a friendly, quick check in, a clean comfortable room, and departed with a good breakfast and a quick easy check out.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Would stay there again."
Hotel driveway was under construction which was a little messy, but workers were considerate to arrivals and departures. Staff was helpful and polite. We asked to move rooms. No problem. Breakfast was very good. Room was comfy.
1 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2014
"I'd Stay Again"
Staff was very helpful and rooms were quite nice. Breakfast was very good.
2 night trip with friends Oct 1, 2014
unfortunately my room smelled terrible. It was clean but smelled like mildew and smoke. We were going to a wedding and I had to keep our clothes in the car so they would not smell. Unfortunately I would not go back again. There were other guests that also attended the wedding that too said their room smelled also.
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014