All hotels in Santa Barbara, California, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here2220 Bath Street, Santa Barbara, CA, 93105, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Close to town"
Great location, on site restaurant, friendly staff.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
"Noisy and stuffy"
Our room was on the 2nd floor and had a wooden cathedral ceiling that tended to keep the heat in the room and make it very stuffy at night even with the ac on. In addition their were people in the Jacuzzi until 2am. I called down to the front desk several times to complain. They need someone who walks the property during the night to make sure all is ok. Its a large property so they can afford to have a night time security guard.
3 night trip Sep 21, 2014
ron
"Nice hotel. It is not close to the beach."
Would have liked close to the beach. Cab fare about $14.00, can take a bus on State Street if we knew the schedule? Everyone very helpful. Loved the coffee and fruit in the lobby. We went on a Wine tour the first day, kayaking the second. Appreciated the shutter service to the train station, wish we would have known to call for a shuttle from the train to the hotel?
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
"Satisfactory, conventional accommodations."
Comfortable bed, nice amenities, good location and a helpful staff. Although a bit dated, it was well maintained and pretty overall decent value on the dollar. Restaurant on location with a good breakfast.
3 night business trip Sep 17, 2014
I would go back. It was very quite and had a comfortable bed.
1 night trip Sep 13, 2014
Great service and friendly staff
2 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Nice, comfortable place"
Overall, very satisfied with the Encina Lodge. Not a luxury stay by any means but the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, and it was conveniently located to State St and other Santa Barbara sites.
2 night trip Aug 27, 2014
"Had to sleep on couch"
Windows by bed would not close tightly resulting in a cold draft on our heads, so we had to sleep on the couch to stay warm. Bathroom had junior sized commode designed for pre-schools. Parking on premises, while free, were tight and difficult to park in - even with our medium sized car. Carpets looked very old. Furniture was of good quality. We will not be back.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2014
"Comfy, cozy, friendly staff"
Hidden gem in a suburban neighborhood. Quiet, clean and upgraded without asking. Loved it
2 night trip Aug 18, 2014
Eva
"Very nice place to stay!"
We were pleasantly surprised with an upgrade to a suite and ended up with two double beds, a fold out sofa bed (that was very comfortable!) and a small kitchen with all the amenities. The second night, we ate at the hotel's restaurant - great variety in the menu and very good food and service. Worked out perfectly for our cycling-related weekend vacation. Great people at the desk, too. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Deb
this is an outdated motel you pay for hotel price. Old furniture and mold scent. Ants everywhere. The restaurant where breakfast is served was unacceptable. The pros: the room(suite)was very spacious. The location(it is a very short drive to downtown)
4 night trip Aug 11, 2014
Pk
Very clean. Mostly quiet. Good bed. Just right.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"No good night sleeps"
This hotel looks nice and the room looks cute as I walked in. They don't give free breakfast but give fresh fruits, cookies, candies, & water bottles so I was OK with it. There was a mosquito in my room and I stayed up almost all night to try to kill it but I lost the fight and got bit 5 times. The next morning, I went to the front desk and requested that my room be clean/sprayed or to be moved to another room. They said they would clean it. They didn't get the mosquito out of the room and said there are no rooms to move me to so the mosquito bit me a few more times the next two days. I now have several huge red bites all over my legs and arms, and one on my back. On top of that, the people below my room thought that slamming their door is a amusing so they did it all night, every few minutes or so. I called the front desk at 10:30pm and asked if they could check or move me to a different room, nothing fixed and finally the slamming door stopped at 11:30pm. I paid to have a good night sleep, but it was almost like a nightmare staying here. I don't think I will come back here again.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
a lot of money to rest your head. Took a chance staying with Best Western. This was fairly clean, no continental breakfast and whoever made the map of the strip must have been from another country. They charged us for two double bed room and there were 3 family members so they charged for a third person. What is that? I suppose if you own a hotel anywhere around a popular place, you can offer little and charge a lot and get away with it ...ONCE. We would not go back but, if you're looking to stay a night and money is no object, I guess it's o.k.I cringe every time I over pay for a place. I'm cringing. Santa Barbara was great though
Other trip Aug 7, 2014
once and done
It was okay. Nothing wrong but was good for my needs
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Vivian
"Nothing special"
It was OK, but ALL 3 of the other places we stayed on this trip had continental breakfasts, seems like a small thing to do. Also, the lights in the bathroom were so bright it almost made me nauseous. It was also a bummer that the cleaning staff were walking by our room talking so loudly so early in the morning, don't they know people traveling might like to sleep in a little on a Saturday morning?
1 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Sandy
"Very nice hotel."
When we arrived I was not to pleased of the location.The manager assured me nothing was far away and we would enjoy our stay. I asked for a first floor room as I have two special needs kids and they said it would not be a problem. Seeing as we arrived early our room wasn't ready so we went to the zoo and Stearns pier. Upon our return we checked in and were told we received a complimentary up grade to our room. It was absolutely fabulous. A perfect room for us,it even had a private patio so the kids could play. I cant say enough about the staff there .They go above and beyond to take care of you. Thankyou to them. I give the a 12 out of 10 for their hotel and staff.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Hotel was "just OK", not glamorous. Room was clean. I misread the room description and thought I was getting 2queens, not 2 doubles. My fault. Good hotel for the price.
Other trip Jul 19, 2014
Room and the hotel were very clean. The room and some of the furniture were a little outdated but in good shape. Parking is very limited and it was quite noisy thanks to our upstairs neighbors but luckily we were not in the room much. I would stay here again, hopefully upstairs.
3 night trip Jul 12, 2014
"Great gem!"
I have stayed here twice and I will definitely come back. This hotel is on a huge property that makes you feel like you are at a resort. Very safe, quiet and clean. L
2 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
"Nice property"
Nice room, time for modernization. Clean and spacial room and bath. Heated pool was nice, was able to walk to a couple dining choices in the neighborhood.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
eric
"Great place"
Was very clean and easy access to a lot. Will be back again
DBIGONE
"A delight"
It's been years since we've stayed overnight in Santa Barbara - mainly because we never found a hotel we liked. We took a chance on this one and it was the nicest we ever had in SB. I can't recommend it enough.
1 night romance trip Jun 27, 2014
"Nice location, decent rooms"
I have stayed here several times. Twice it was due to having a family member at the Cottage Hospital which is just around the corner, but this time is was for a weekend get-together with family nearby. This time we were given a room in the back building, which has underground parking and that is an added convenience. Rooms clean, bed comfortable, and location is so close to downtown that I really can't complain. Used the onsite restaurant for breakfast and that was decent, good meals and not overpriced. I would likely return.
3 night trip Jun 27, 2014
"Comfortable, cozy and clean"
I travel a lot for business, I came to this hotel after a week and a half stretch of mediocre hotel experiences. They were very accomodating. The room was extremely clean. The bed was very comfortable. It is not a modern designed hotel by any means. It is though very well done within the design aesthetic they were shooting for.. Which I refer to as granny chic or what others may refer to as shabby chic. They hit all of my basic needs to have a nice restful night.
1 night business trip Jun 25, 2014
Rachel
"Decent but over priced"
The staff was nice . Room was decent but overpriced for the type of room we stayed in. I expected more for the price.
1 night family trip Jun 26, 2014
"Best deal in Santa Barbara"
Great clean room and friendly staff. Nice quite neighborhood. Not much within walking distance but the price more than makes up for it.
4 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Clean, spacious and comfortable"
Though not walkable from downtown or beaches, this is a clean and comfortable place to stay. There was coffee, fruit, and cookies in the room as well. There is a cafe next door that serves reasonably good food from 7AM to 9PM (unfortunately only till 9PM). If you cannot tolerate noise, stay on the second floor. Parking was available on the premises even on Memorial Day weekend. Oh, and there is free wi-fi too
Other trip May 27, 2014
Neel
"Hotel Review - Best Western Plus in Santa Barbara"
This is quite an old (60's?? vintage) el-cheapo motel that has been scaled up to fit well into the upscale community it serves. Two things fancy trim cannot address are, from the ground floor, listening to everything going on in the upstairs room, which can be quite disconcerting; the second item is parking on one side of the hotel, where there is barely room for small cars to park and other cars to drive by but the hotel either allows trucks and vans to be parked there or makes no effort to have them move those after they have parked there, causing a problem. Otherwise, a great place and, at $250 or so a night, better by far, price-wise, than is otherwise available.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
"Excellent service"
We were originally put in a room with intermittent wifi connection. I called the front desk and they immediately upgraded our room with no additional charges. We were very satisfied with the new room!
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Very close to the Santa Barbara bowl!!"
So easy for us to take a cab and get around town from that location!
Other trip May 24, 2014
"Nice hotel for it,s class."
Noisy party arrived late next to my room. They just were too loud until 11 pm,
Other trip May 23, 2014
"Very good accommodations on a Budget"
Staff was excellent. Found our reservation & checked us in w/in 3 minutes of arrival. The rooms are nice. Charming in a "this is my mom's room circa 1985" kind of way. The vaulted ceilings and working opening windows are a nice touch. There was an attractive pool, though we didn't use it, and had a nice breakfast at the restaurant that's on the grounds.
Other trip May 19, 2014
Decent little room. Clean. Near walking distance of restaurants.
1 night trip May 16, 2014
Pita
"Nice hotel near the hospital"
I stayed at the hotel because I had business at Cottage Hospital. The hotel picked me up at the airport promptly. I didn't have to hassle with a rental car. It was a just short walk to the hospital. I enjoyed the stay and will stay there again.
Other trip May 16, 2014
Rob
"Convenient and reasonable"
This hotel was convenient to the local downtown shops and restaurants and the pier and beach. It had a nice pool area. The room was clean but small, as was the bathroom.
Other trip May 10, 2014
Arlene
"quiet residential neighborhood"
Cozy pool suite with kitchen and full bath which helped with kids. A little outdated but clean, quiet and comfortable. A little like visiting grandma. The staff was friendly and helpful. A plus to have a restaurant on site.
2 night trip May 2, 2014
judy
"Centrally located"
This hotel and surrounding areas gave my girlfriend and I an awesome experience. Everything was within walking distance. They even checked us in super early no problem. Stayed at this twice already, will be staying again!
2 night romance trip Apr 25, 2014
"Cozy hotel close to downtown"
I went with a group of girls for the UCSB reunion in April. We only needed one night, and wanted to stay close to downtown. It was perfect. Check in was easy and convenient. Hotel staff was very helpful. The room was a little outdated, but very clean and the beds were pretty comfortable. There aren't many hotels on the cheaper side in Santa Barbara, and this hotel did not feel like a cheap one.
1 night trip with friends Apr 26, 2014
Over all was very pleasant would stay again.
1 night family trip Apr 20, 2014
Barb
"amazing hotel, super adorable rooms"
Love this hotel, I was only passing thru for the night, but would've love to have stayed longer! great place!
Other trip Apr 26, 2014
bear
Excellent amenities, this motel thought of just about everything.
1 night business trip Apr 23, 2014
Tapbirds
"Great place to stay!"
Clean rooms, friendly staff and conveniently located if you're looking to hop over to the bowl for a concert.
1 night trip Apr 19, 2014
This was our favourite hotel in a 2-week trip around California, Arizona and Nevada. Highly recommend.
Other trip Apr 22, 2014
"Nice Hotel, Clean"
We basically got a 2 bedroom apartment which was nice since we have a 2yr old. Lots of room for her to run around.
1 night family trip Apr 17, 2014
"A very clean & comfortable family stay!"
Hotel staff were overwhelmingly helpful & we were most impressed with the cleanliness & space in our room, as well as the gardens. Location was a pleasant walk to Main St., about 10mins. Santa Barbara was a lovely city to visit - history, beauty & people were warm & friendly. Numerous eateries in Main Street provided sidewalk & shaded options to enjoy an array of cuisines. The 50c carriage provided a rest up Main Street for our legs after much walking. Renting cruiser bikes along the beachfront allowed us to enjoy some family time, while taking in the wharf & local bike trail...what a cruisy experience we had!
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
"Old- not ina vintage kind of way."
This hotel is old and out of date. The worst part was that the wireless internet did not work at all. When I told the staff about it they said, "anything else?". I will not be staying here again.
Other trip Apr 13, 2014
Mom
Rooms are very clean and feel very spacious. Beds are a little hard but would def stay again
1 night trip Apr 5, 2014
"Perfect hotel for my stay!"
Only stayed 2 days and 1 night. Very nice facility and very quiet and dark shades for room. Beds and chairs in room were very comfortable. I would have preferred queen size because there were 3 of us. The bathroom was very clean. Because the mirrors (loved the extra magnifying mirror) and sink are in the corner, there was not much shelf space for toiletries though. Also like that you are so aware of the environment and recycling.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
"Close to UCSB"
We made a last minute reservation on our way to an appointment at UCSB. The staff were very nice. It was a nice quiet location. And nicest of all... there were bathrobes in the room. We did have a family with small children in the room next to us and the walls were very thin, plus there was an adjoining door. I will definitely stay here again, and would recommend it. I would not, however, recommend the cafe. Although it was extremely convenient, the food was mediocre and pricey.
1 night business trip Mar 25, 2014