All hotels in Solvang, California, United States of America
1617 Copenhagen Drive, Solvang, CA, 93463, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Nice People,excellent location"
My wife and I drove in from the Inland Empire very early in the morning for her birthday to beat traffic,we arrived at about 8:00 A.M. on Holloween,we went to the office and asked if we could park in their parking lot since it had some empty spaces and we wanted to get some breakfast,I explained our long drive and it being my Wifes birthday and the nice lady checked her computer and actually gave us our room many hours early and offered the continental breakfast and coffee to us,she told us about the holloween parade,haunted house, and festivities happening which were all close or next to the property,the staff were all very nice and we were surprised to find after walking aroud Solvang for a bit,we returned to our room and foung two glasses and a bottle of sparkling cider there for her Birthday.Had a great time the rest of our trip and because of its central location,were able to walk everywhere we went.We would recommend King Fredrick Inn and will stay there again.
Other trip Nov 2, 2014
"Nice motel in the heart of Solvang"
We stayed there on a Saturday night. We had two rooms. One had 2 queen beds and was quite spacious. The other had a single queen was of modest size. Both rooms were well decorated and clean. The desk staff was friendly and we had no reason to need their help beyond checking in and out. They have a nice heated pool and several tables in the patio area near the pool. It was a nice experience in the heart of Solvang.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Ricardo
"Great location, nice sized room"
Our air conditioning did not work, so it was hot in the room. I called front desk and he said we must be hot blooded! He did come and look at unit and said he would report it the next day which did nothing to help us as we were checking out in the morning. He did NOT tell the morning person as asked. She said she would adjust our room rate and then when she found out we booked through expedia said she couldn't do anything but she would still try. I did see that she gave us a $22.40 credit for the room. The room itself was decent and big enough, but was right in front of some part of the building, so no view nor breeze and did I mention it was hot? Even my husband mentioned how hot it was and he never complains. Also the continental breakfast is a huge joke. Coffee and juice and some little cheap pastry, so don't count on eating breakfast there. With Solvang being famous for pastries, they really could have had something edible. The room was over priced for what we received, we were not visiting Solvang, but a horse event in Santa Ynez.
Other trip Nov 1, 2014
Candy
"This hotel was right on the main street."
The clerk was not very friendly when we arrived. After checking in, we discovered the TV didn't work, it did not have a queen bed and there was no shampoo. My husband went to the front desk about the TV and was told the cable was out and they were working on it. That never happened. When we checked out the next morning the clerk had no reply to our complaints. This was the worse place we stayed on our vacation.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Unhappy"
Was not what I expected. Needs a complete upgrade. Breakfast was a joke, no where to sit.
1 night romance trip Oct 9, 2014
Gail
"Get away"
Restful and close by my Hm within 2 hrs. Bring your bathing suit for a swim even in Oct. and Enjoy the spa. Enjoy coffee or tea in the morning as you wake up in Solvang
Other trip Oct 19, 2014
p.j
Rooms were very noisy! You could here traffic all night long. The sound of air conditioning going on and of all night long. Our door handle was broken and tricky to get in. The handle on the coffee pot was broken. And I the afternoon it was hard to get hot water. I will not be staying here again.
1 night trip with friends Oct 12, 2014
"Close to shopping and dining"
The hotel seems older but so very clean and employees were most helpful. Continental breakfast was very simple and delicious pastry. I was there in a heat wave and the pool was a welcome refresher!
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
"Very good."
We enjoyed our stay and the staff was very friendly. The room was clean and we had a downstairs room with a patio right next to the pool, which was very convenient. The continental breakfast was good as there were fresh pastries from the local bakery as well as coffee and juice.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2014
Chad
"We always stay here."
Great weekend. Love this hotel. Walking distance from everything.
2 night trip with friends Oct 3, 2014
"Lovely Inn"
Relaxing vacation in a comfortable room. Full amenities and will certainly use The King Frederik Inn again and again!
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
Cherie
"Everything w/ in walking distance"
Nice & affordable. A couple of small issues were handled quickly.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Heime
"Location is best thing about this hotel"
Basic amenities, but the location is definitely the best attraction. There are hotels with more upgrades, but for the price this one is good.
1 night trip Sep 22, 2014
bdixon
"Location"
It was the perfect location to walk about the town and check out all the little shops. Wine tasting was everywhere, with no driving involved and there were a number of choices for dining -
1 night trip Sep 16, 2014
"Solvang"
Right in the heart of evrything
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Gina
"Worked for us!"
It's in a nice location in Solvang and is a pleasant establishment!
1 night trip Sep 12, 2014
George and Nancy
"Not worth the money"
I read good reviews on this hotel. It was terrible. Stains in the carpet and the chairs. The faceplate of the plug was hanging off the wall. The bathroom floor was dirty. I paid 100 for the night room 120. Gross. Not worth the money.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
BJ
"Nice Stay"
We were in the area for a family wedding and enjoyed our stay.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
Glen
"Heart of solving"
we only stayed one night on our road trip, but the hotel was fine the room was spacious. The hotel is in walking g distance to everything we wish we could have had one more day in solvang, the jacuzzi was nice the breakfast didn't really have variety no gluten free option not even fruit or yogurt and the bed was a little eh but that seems to be the case in most hotels. for the simple convince of everything i would recommend staying here you can walk to everything in 5 minutes plus there is a little park next door.
1 night trip Sep 5, 2014
"Excellent location"
Good to stay for one or two nights while in Solvang since the location is so close to any tourist attraction...just walking distance to any of them. Highly recomended...
1 night trip Sep 2, 2014
D T
"Location/Location/Location; and affordable!"
Walk to all Solvang interests. We had stayed in nearby Buellton for a couple nights prior for a wedding and decided to take another day to avoid Labor Day traffic (great idea). That "Plain-Jane" motel, right on the freeway, was blah and spendy, since it's mainly transients crashing there on the way to L.A. or wherever. But this King Frederik, found on Expedia, was, amazingly, less $ even though right in the middle of the Solvang tourist destination. Nice, clean and warm pool, and quiet.
Other trip Sep 5, 2014
Keith and Lana
"paper thin walls"
overall we had a great experience here. the staff was very friendly and helpful. We were traveling for 5 hours with two toddlers and they allowed us to check in a few hours early. the breakfast pastries in the morning were so fresh and delicious. I must warn that if you want to get a relaxing nights sleep this may not happen here due to the tissue thin walls. unless you were able to enjoy a few of the very nice looking wine tasting rooms. We unfortunately were not able to do any tasting so we could hear even the slightest movement from our neighbors and from people on the street.
1 night family trip Aug 29, 2014
Nicole
"Not all that and a bag of chips"
noises from outside went through the walls and windows. not a real comfortable bed.
Other trip Aug 31, 2014
"Another Great Stay at King Frederik"
We really enjoyed our second annual stay at King Frederik. Chris and Rhoda were very helpful with a room change for us. We thought we might have a problem, but they were very accommodating. We hope to stay there every August for my wife's birthday. We arrive on Friday, park the truck and don't drive again until we leave on Sunday. There may be nicer Hotels in Solvang, but for Service, Value, and Location the King Frederik is our choice.
2 night romance trip Aug 15, 2014
Walter S
"It was ok."
The front desk wasn't the friendliest when trying to check in at 2pm.apparently check in time is at 3pm and they are strict on that..overall it was ok. The kids played in pool.
Other trip Aug 22, 2014
b
"couldn't ask for a better value"
I enjoyed my stay here with my child. It was clean. The latch lock broke off the wall the first day and I did mention to the front desk however did not get fixed as promised. Over all though the stay was great. Yes the breakfast is just pastries and coffee but it makes up for it with price, location and mini fridge and microwave. Would stay again.
2 night trip Aug 17, 2014
Yaya
"Worth the price."
The tap water had an unpleasant taste. The soap or the shampoo didn't lather up well. Water spray from shower head was weak.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
"Nice location/decent hotel."
A clean room. The location is perfect, but noisy. Walking distance for anything in town. Half a block from the theater. A little expensive for the type of hotel.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Shirley
Lady at the front desk was amazing informative and very very helpful. Location is fantastic.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Jan
"perfect location to events"
clean room with good service and friendly host.
1 night trip Aug 14, 2014
papa sr
"Excellent location!"
This hotel is nicely located in Solvang, just walk outside of the hotel you are right in the heart of Solvang. The room is clean and the front desk staff are helpful and friendly. I didn't give it a five star because I think their breakfast can be better, it it too limited., like to see hot cereal and eggs.
Other trip Aug 16, 2014
Yeung
"Good, Quiet Location"
We had booked two rooms for family. All rooms are non-smoking, but the prior occupants did not know or were inconsiderate and did not care. They had obviously smoked a great deal in one of the rooms. Night clerk did what he could do, but we were told no other rooms were available. Would have left right then if there were another option. Slept with all windows open, the smoke smell made our stay uncomfortable. Returned home with everything smelling of smoke (all clothes, luggage, everything that was in the room).
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
L
"Excellent in everything"
I was happy when i stayed there. I'd like to stay there again if I got an oppitunity to go Solvang.
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
haekueon
"Cheap Sheets, Expensive Room"
Excellent location and friendly staff. Way over priced considering the quality of the bedding, TV, and continental breakfast.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
"Right in the middle of town"
The service was great. Very warm and friendly lady at the front desk. The rooms and beds were adequate sized. The bathroom was the length of a bathtub but seemed smaller due to the door and toilet being across from each other. difficult to maneuver myself and my toddler daughter unless I sat her on the sink counter or standing in the tub. The location was perfect. The free breakfast was tasty with a good variety of local pastries. Ample and convenient parking.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Should provide variety of Danish and cereal too
1 night trip with friends Jul 27, 2014
not bad at all for 2 star hotel close to shopping, restraunts, and bars. enjoyed our stay.
2 night trip with friends Jul 25, 2014
sharon
"In the Heart"
We loved that we walked out the door and were in the middle of everything. The hotel was so clean and well kept. Anything you needed they woul help supply. Would definitely stay there again!
2 night trip Jul 23, 2014
Mary Rowe
"Cute little place"
The location was great. I loved the balcony, too. Absolutely wonderful for the price.
1 night trip Jul 22, 2014
Amanda Melby
"well kept, comfortable, but staff not so friendly"
the hotel is really nice, well maintained, with comfortable beds, etc. Overall a very nice stay.. only suggestion, not just to hotel staff but to most people in Solvang... its such a BEAUTIFUL town, but doesn't feel very friendly or welcoming to tourists.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
ruth
"Close to the Solvang outdoor theater"
Comfortable beds but room only had windows high up on the wall so felt a little like I was in someone's basement apartment! Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the pool so that you have the option to sit outside and enjoy your glass of wine!
1 night trip with friends Jul 15, 2014
Evelyn
"Excellent location"
Excellent location in the heart of Solvang, easy walking distance to restaurants, wineries, and bars. Hotel is good value for the money.
1 night trip Jul 13, 2014
Michelle W
The location was right in the heart of Solvang and the exterior fit right in with the area. The pool was clean and there were plenty of chairs and lounges. The continental breakfast was typical with coffee, juice, sweet rolls and toast. We needed a handicapped room and had reserved one with 2 queen beds. The hotel called me about noon the day of arrival and said they only had a handicapped room with a king bed. It was not our first choice but worked out OK. The handicapped bathroom was excellent and the handicapped parking was right outside our door. The interior was typical and what I expected for the money. I will return next year.
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
Cupcake
Location is very good,very close to the shops and restaurants. The room may look old but very clean.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
Great location in center of town, older property, clean, but room could use some updating. There was a weird hand soap dispenser in shower (the kind you'd find in a public bathroom).
1 night family trip Jul 13, 2014
"Great location and value"
This is an older facility and some what cramped in size. Our bath recently updated. Window view limited. Unheated pool in center. Breakfast nook is really small and offerings limited but trays provided and can migrate to pool side or room. Location desirable.
Other trip Jul 16, 2014
EGS
"Close to everything"
I enjoyed my weekend stay with my family. Everything was walking distance, my family enjoyed their stay.
2 night family trip Jun 29, 2014
Gloria
"Great for the price"
Short and sweet
1 night trip Jul 2, 2014
"A pleasant stay"
A pleasant stay. Very helpful staff. Would stay there again.
3 night business trip Jun 29, 2014
MC
"Within walking distance to everything!"
Great location, he pool was great for our little guy, the bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the breakfast was simple (partries, toast, etc and juice or coffee) but good. We have our pack'n'play for our son while on vacation and some hotels aren't big enough to fit it in a location away from the bed but this room was plenty big, so no problems there.
1 night trip Jun 29, 2014