All hotels in Santa Rosa, California, United States of America
1500 Santa Rosa Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA, 95404, United States of America, ‏‎866-925-8648

Great pool
    Clean
  • Bar
    Bar is awesome
    Rather comfortable
"Santa Rosa"
Overall stay was good, this is more like a Motel 6 than a Hotel but accommodation were goods & Clean and the staff was great
2 night business trip Jan 25, 2016
Juan Carlos
"Acceptable for an inexpensive room."
The bed linens need to be replaced, old & tattered. The bath towels are new, nice. Bed was a little lumpy -- marginally satisfactory. Be sure to ask for a non-smoking and non-pet-friendly room. I still smelled a little pet urine, so it seems that someone snuck a pet into the no-pets room.
1 night business trip Jan 20, 2016
"feces on wall"
Will NEVER STAY AGAIN!!! room was dated but one bonus was the size. There was feces on the walls of the bathroom, feces all over the bathroom door. Took pictures and showed front desk, given a piece of paper with an email address and told to email the manager
2 night romance trip Dec 12, 2015
Leonard
"One of the better hotels on Santa Rosa Ave."
It was very nice: the staff & the facilities were kind, & surprisingly clean for the location. I would defintely recommend this hotel to others!
3 night business trip Dec 11, 2015
Tara
"Second time around"
Older 50's - 60's motel redone very nicely. the rooms are very large and very comfortable. Second stay here due to proximity of location to where I was going. Cute little cafe on property.
1 night trip Dec 12, 2015
"Wonderful cafe on grounds"
If you stay here, be sure to have the "Santa Rosan" French toast breakfast, with a side of sausage links.
3 night family trip Dec 8, 2015
Michele
TV service was sub-standard. Could not receive either CNN or FOX News and very few stations.
1 night family trip Nov 20, 2015
Tracy
"Not bad"
Hotel staff excellent. Breakfast area was converted guest room , which did not accommodate guest . No place to sit , so we left.
1 night family trip Nov 19, 2015
Juan
"Dude. Sweet."
Great little spot. Close to downtown.
3 night business trip Nov 9, 2015
Casey
"nice hotel"
the AC was awesome. first hotel room I actually had to turn the air conditioner up!
1 night romance trip Nov 4, 2015
"Great brewpub downtown"
Not much around this little Motel. We walked a mile to downtown to a great pub 3rd Street Aleworks. Room was fair, cute little breakfast cafe on site.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Lynne
"You'll be happy with this hotel comfort"
Excellent bed and very clean hotel.
1 night romance trip Oct 30, 2015
Timothy
"Quiet area"
Everything was clean in the room. We had a room on the end with a side window which was nice. It seemed quiet. We drove to the downtown area since there are really no restaurants or shops within walking distance of the motel.
1 night romance trip Oct 18, 2015
"Clean friendly place nice and quiet pretty walks"
I like this place, the pool is very warm. All one story so no noise above. Nice to walk through the garden. No free breakfast but a reasonable priced restaurant motel run. A little ways north on the other side of the hiway are great restaurants and shopping.
2 night family trip Oct 19, 2015
The room was small and nothing to it. The bed was ok. The neighborhood was a bit on the scary side although I felt safe. The one complaint is that the photographer got very creative with his angles. What you see is not hat you get.
4 night romance trip Oct 9, 2015
Samuel
Nice place for a one night stay. I would go back again
1 night business trip Oct 14, 2015
Patti
Overall, the hotel was clean and a relatively comfortable place to stay. The biggie for me is customer service and this is the area in which this hotel can improve. When I would call prior to the trip or speak to someone at the front desk during the visit, the feeling overall was not very friendly.
2 night trip with friends Oct 8, 2015
Comfortable & nicer than expected. Very clean!
2 night family trip Oct 9, 2015
Colleen
"Nice but pricy"
Needed a place to stay while traveling north. Clean rooms and clean. Can't fault them for the pricing. It's wine country and its harvest time. They get what the traffic will bear. But not a $200 hotel.
1 night trip with friends Oct 9, 2015
Clean and comfortable motel style room. No real amenities and area not most desirable. Perfect for one night.
1 night trip with friends Oct 2, 2015
"Okay Hotel"
The hotel was initially disappointing because the pictures are deceiving. Where is the "garden"? Although older and needs updating, the accommodations were fine given the Expedia rate. (I wouldn't pay the actual price of the rooms otherwise.) Regardless, both of the front desk clerk(s) I dealt with were friendly, professional, and very helpful.
Other trip Oct 4, 2015
Nick
Best White Chief had to offer
1 night romance trip Sep 15, 2015
It was fine just what we needed. It was the time of the fire and lots of people were there. They were really nice.
2 night romance trip Sep 17, 2015
"Very nice older motel"
Still going strong after 60 years in existence. Whoever owns this property cares about simple quality for their guests. Old style parking right in front of your room door. Easy traffic flow in and out. Off the freeway and so no exhaust fumes to breathe and a quiet sleep.
Other trip Sep 20, 2015
The rooms were clean, had the added bonus of a cafe on the grounds with good food
3 night romance trip Sep 11, 2015
Sheila
"Convenience"
We are pure food fans, the close proximity of Garden Inn to Hwy 101 and this year's (2015) National Heirloom Exposition held at Sonoma County Fairgrounds, an unexpected bonus.
Other trip Sep 18, 2015
"It's Sonoma County, hotels are pricey."
This is a fine old school hotel. I'd call it a motel because you drive up to your room, all have outside access. It is very clean, very quiet for how close it is to a main thoroughfare and freeway. It is far from fancy, and for the price that probably puts most folks off. But hotels in Sonoma County are crazy expensive, so the market sets the tone. I like the place and have never had any issues the 5 or 6 times I've stayed there.
2 night family trip Sep 5, 2015
Breck
"Handycapped means roll in shower not a tub."
I am very disappointed that you took $25 out of my bank in hopes that we would eat at your garden restaurant. We did not eat there and as of todate you have not returned my $25. I will have to go to my bank again on this charge that I did not make. They will refund my money. This is the second time (the other time from a different chain) that tried to keep money that was not due them. Where is the law on this. The room was a handycaped room. But yet I had a bath tub not a roll in shower, the commode was only standard size, not handycaped. Dont advertise something you do no have.
1 night romance trip Sep 2, 2015
Eunite
Room was very spacious with frig & MW. Convenient location. Pet friendly. Beds not comfortable & AC on the fritz.
2 night family trip Sep 4, 2015
"Chalk it up to CA"
It was just ok, I know CA is more expensive than other places so what you get for the money is much different.
3 night business trip Aug 31, 2015
"Dog Hair, Ants, Locked Out..... Oh My!"
I travel a lot, and I have never written a bad review, even for hotels that I didn't think were up to par. But this hotel was the worst!! Problem 1-Walked into the hotel. Unpacked all my stuff. About to take a seat on the bed just for a little breather before we headed out. DOG HAIR!!! Everywhere! It was so gross. I went right to the front desk. Someone said they would take care of it and just walked away. No, "I'm sorry, let me get you a different room, no customer service at all. Problem 2- ANTS!! Ants were everywhere. We didn't even have food in the room and ants were everywhere. I went to the front to let them know (this is the second day). Again, no customer service. Didn't apologize for a single thing. They said they would take care of it. We left for the day. Came back in the evening and ants were still everywhere. It was so gross! Problem 3- Some how they decided to deprogram our keys a night early so we couldn't get back into our room. Not that this is a huge problem, but it just was late in the evening and we had to go back to the front desk and deal with the not so nice customer service ladies. I really hope they figure things out at this hotel.
3 night trip with friends Aug 22, 2015
Ashley
"Little gem"
Loved this hotel ...it was inexpensive clean and then grounds were lovely .. There are two pools which were quiet. Close to shopping and dining and the freeway . I travel a lot for work and with family and I would defiantly stay here again.
2 night family trip Aug 23, 2015
Angela
"Thankful to fine a clean and quite hotel."
We were very happy that the room was so very clean. The frount desk staff were nice and helpful. It was very quite, will stay again.
1 night business trip Aug 24, 2015
kathy a.
"Nice Place"
I did not like that the smoke detector was covered with plastic wrap. Other than that the room was good, the service was great and we loved the privacy.
1 night family trip Aug 21, 2015
GeorgeAnn
Wonderful
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2015
"Green grass"
So, we liked the grass and the beautiful trees and general neatness. We also liked the fact that it was only a single story so the noise level within acceptable parameters. The manager was a little gruff, but it was understandable as he was rushed. Have a nice day.
Other trip Aug 21, 2015
carlos
"Petaluma Calls"
Nice stay, clean comfortable, nice people, I will stay there again
1 night business trip Aug 3, 2015
"Nice hotel for the price"
My husband and I stayed here for several nights during our recent trip to California. We enjoyed its proximity to the activities we had planned. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The property was well kept, and the staff was very pleasant. The only complaint I can think of was the slow service at the garden cafe in the morning for breakfast. We ended up having to wait for our meals for 20 minutes or more on the 2 mornings we bought breakfast at the hotel.
Other trip Aug 12, 2015
"Weeknight stay"
Overnite shopping trip while car was being repaired. It would be nice if you had a more affordable mid week rate and if you offered a continental breakfast. Your diner was located behind the facility and did not look like it got any customers. We were afraid to try it. It should be located out front so people can see it. Possibly a discount coupon to use at diner could have been offered.
1 night family trip Aug 6, 2015
Marilla
The reviews are deceiving. Don't stay here. Old, bad neighborhood and ants everywhere
2 night business trip Aug 6, 2015
The hotel refused to give me a receipt. I have never had that happen before. I will not stay there again.
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
Dakota Paul
"Very quiet"
Very nice we only had a short stay but very happy. Warm environment. Friendly staff. Wish they had a little snack bar
Other trip Aug 7, 2015
beth
Decent room. Fairly quiet.
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
Ellen
Everything ok not Great but ok
1 night family trip Jul 29, 2015
The hotel over all was nice; stayed in a room that had a large window looking out into a nicely manicured courtyard, and was very near the pool. Not a chlorine pool either, which was great. Didn't think it was worth the overall pricetag for two nights, but it wasn't disappointing for the price. There was a café on the premises which was convenient, but also very close to many restaurants and the highway. Parking should probably be assigned to rooms specifically - had to park quite far from our room which didn't make sense bc each room had a space directly in front of it.
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Bright spot in the Ghetto"
The area is pretty Ghetto, but the hotel was a bright spot in that Ghetto. The front desk guy was amazing.
1 night business trip Jul 23, 2015
"Close to Fairgrounds"
Hotel is average. Older, but clean. Did not know that Sonoma County Fair was going on when we were there, so Hotel was full. Pretty sure that rates were raised because of the proximity to fairgrounds. We were there to see friends, not attend Fair.
"Nice large room."
Early check in. My little dog loved the grounds and the room!
Other trip Jul 29, 2015
"Clean hotel in questionable location"
The room itself was very clean and comfortable. However we could easily hear the conversation of guests in neighboring rooms. The hotel is located on an extremely busy street very close to a highway entrance, making it convenient, but not very secure feeling. And if the pool is a priority, you should know that it is in the parking lot very close to the street. Far from ideal. The high point of our stay was the helpfulness of the staff.
Other trip Jul 24, 2015
Wedding Guest
"Caveat emptor"
The photos on the hotel.com site are quite deceptive and make the swimming pool look much larger than it is. This "garden inn" is basically a motor court with an awkward entranceway and dangerous one-way access road around the rooms. But overall the place is well-maintained and, though located on a major thoroughfare in Santa Rosa with tons of traffic and low-end tire outlets and liquor stores for neighbors. my room all the way in the back was comfortable and relatively quiet. Spotty wi-fi and WAY overheated pool was like a jacuzzi.
3 night family trip Jul 16, 2015