All hotels in Managua, Nicaragua
Km 11.5 Carretera NorteManaguaRD-46Nicaragua, ‏‎866-925-8648

Great amenities
    Clean
    Bad internet service
"Next to Airport, but Wifi doesn't work"
Airport was conveniently across the street from the airport. The rooms were nice and clean. However, the wifi didn't work. When I pointed this out, the front desk basically said nothing could be done if the wifi wasn't working. Hence, I don't really think this place is worth the cost.
Other trip Mar 17, 2015
S
"Nica"
Was nice close to airport Restaraunt was good a little price
1 night romance trip Mar 11, 2015
"Perfect location for early flights. .."
This is the perfect hotel to stay if you have an early flight. It is located in front of the airport. The room was clean, comfortable and you did not hear any of the airplanes. They provided complimentary coffee /tea making facilities, and water bottles in the room. The buffet breakfast was excellent and started early. They offer a complimentary shuttle to the airport. The hotel has two swimming pools, which in our opinion, needed refurbishing. We did hear that they plan to refurbish them soon. A good choice, very close to the airport.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Wonderful hotel across from airport"
We have stayed at the Los Mercedes several times and never been disappointed. They are consistently friendly, clean, and helpful. We were upgraded this time to a suite, which is roomy and equiped with a small kitchenette. If you arrive before 2pm you may have to wait for your room, but, there are plenty of areas for resting and enjoying the gardens, pool, bar or computer room. The omelet chef is the best anywhere we have ever been and has a friendly demeanor as well. The restaurant staff are attentive, friendly and helpful and the food is delicioso! The pool is clean, crystal clear and mighty refreshing in the Nicaraguan heat. We highly recommend this hotel for a short or long stay!If you plan to go to Roberto Huembes Mercado, don't take the hotel taxis. Independent taxis on the street will get you there for $5 as opposed to $15.
Other trip Feb 22, 2015
Bonnie
"The only plus about this hotel is the location"
This hotel depends on the fact that it is just across the street from the airport to bring it business.
Other trip Feb 18, 2015
"Too bad they don't focus on their overnight guests"
Everything positive about the hotel was negated by the outside crowds they had in their party and banquet rooms and the loud talking and noise through out the night. Waking up every hour to thump thump thump as the wheels of someone's suitcase was drug down the hall. I was sleep deprived by the time I left.
3 night business trip Dec 16, 2014
Timothy
"Across the street from airport"
We got in late at the airport and it's right across the street. No taxi needed.
Other trip Feb 8, 2015
karen
"Good hotel for one night"
If you are looking to be close to the airport this is as close as it get's, I was satisfied with everything. We checked in at 4pm and out at 7am with a good breakfast.
1 night trip Jan 25, 2015
Ivan
Excellent facility close to airport with great staff
Other trip Jan 25, 2015
"Hotel is nice, staff/services no good"
Positives: Hotel itself was nice and breakfast was delicious. Negatives: While taking a nap during the evening/afternoon time, we were awakened by someone opening our door and quickly closing it (do not disturb sign was placed on door). Unfortunately we weren't able to catch who it was, but it was very weird and concerning. One other thing, don't bother asking the staff to find you a ride/cab! They will rip you off and charge you triple the amount of what a street cab will charge you. As long as you always confirm a price on your destination, street cabs are great and they get you there quick.
1 night trip with friends Dec 29, 2014
"Hotel in front of the airport.."
Overall the hotel is satisfactory and an easy place to stay near the airport. Regarding the restaurant, healthy choices are very limited. The night we were there they held a party by the swimming pool and kept us awake until nearly 1 AM.S
Other trip Jan 13, 2015
Meyling Sanford
"Great location!"
Great location! Could walk to the Managua airport. Nice layout of rooms and amenities in a very lush green tropical environment. Breakfast buffet (free) was extensive.
1 night family trip Jan 6, 2015
"Airport convenience"
Great location for early/late flights out of MGA. We had our sons flying in separate from my wife and I, so it was very convenient to just walk across the road to meet their flight which arrived after midnight. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the staff helped us arrange a taxi across town to meet friends. Overall a very pleasant and convenient 1 night stay.
1 night family trip Dec 25, 2014
"Basic accommodations near airport"
Conveniently located across the street from the airport, the hotel has 2 nice pools with poolside bar, tropical gardens. Free and tasty breakfast buffet. But restaurant food from menu is lackluster. Room is basic and clean. Pay US prices at bar and restaurant.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Peggy
"Great airport hotel"
Perfect place to stay if you need to catch an early flight. 2 minute walk to airport. Safe, friendly, quiet.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
susan
"Very close to the airport!"
Always stay here in and out of Nicaragua since it's so close to the airport. Showing some wear, but overall a good stay.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good value, clean and perfect location for access"
First stay in Managua, but i have lived and traveled in Central America for many years. This hotels location directly across the street from the airport makes it very convenient. The staff is friendly and attentive. The room was good. The bed was a bit firm for my taste, but not uncomfortable. I had supper at the hotel each night of my stay. I ate at the tables surrounding the pool, which made for a relaxing atmosphere. The food was good, not great, but priced OK. The hotels looks to be a hub for visiting expat work/medical teams.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Bradley
"NICE HOTEL CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT"
FRENDLY AND ATTENTIVE STAFF, CLEAN ROOM AND HOTEL AND SORROUNDING AREA, GREAT RESTAURANT
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"best hotel to catch your flight to/from home"
best thing about this hotel is it is across the street from the airport for thos late night/early morning flights.
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2014
"Very convenient. Above expectations."
Rooms were large and well appointed. Dinner by the pool was very nice. One mistake: one member of our group was assigned a room already occupied. The location across from airport is excellent.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Natalie
"good location"
Nice place for one night. Restaurant whit many chaces to imporve.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
elena
"Pleasant Place To Be"
Wish i had been there for more days, was a short stay but it was such a great place to next time spend more time there
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
we are pleased that you enjoy your stay with us we will be more than happy to receive new mind if you give us your contact details and we will get a better rate
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Jose
"Nice Hotel, But Don't Be Next to the Pavilion"
We stayed here because we had an early flight out of Managua in the morning, and needed a place close by to crash. It was nice to have air conditioning and soap. However, they put us right next to a pavilion that was hosting a graduation fiesta that night and they raged 'til 1 in the morning! We were too tired to move rooms, yet didn't get the greatest sleep. We tried to call and figure out how late the party was going, but the front desk lady just said "yes". Those Nicaraguans like to party!
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
Kayla
"Terrible Terrible"
Just awful. Old weird rooms. Staff was completely incompetent. When I first checked in, they made gave me wrong key twice!! Until I found out that they had given me a room that already had guests in it. I found the bar to be extremely overpriced, taking into account that there is absolutely nothing nearby. I am a frequent flyer and travel a lot, this was an absolutely bad experience. Good luck guys!!! Oh!!! one more thing, I gave my card for incidentals....but when I tried to make a local call, they told me that they (staff at front desk) had not been trained to use the phone system, so they could not 1) tell me how to dial and 2) dial and transfer the call to my room.......how does that sound???
Jorge
The best hotel we stayed in while in Nicaragua. Most hotels did not have hot water for showers or air conditioning. This one had both. It also had two nice pools and a great free breakfast. We stayed here our last night since it is right across the street from the airport.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"MGA Airport"
Super clean, comfortable, affordable. Staff seemed a little bothered though.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
Lance
"Nice Place at Airport"
My only problem was that the Shuttle was not there to pick me up and I never got a good answer why. But.... the hotel is just across the highway from the airport. I could have walked but the Nica I was with said it was dangerous. It seemed fine to me. American hotels and restaurants could take a lesson. In the check-in confusion I lost sight of my bag. I found it close by with a bellman hovering by it waiting to take it to my room. At the restaurant (and this happened throughout my stay in Nicaragua) the waiter sat me and got me my drink and stepped away and waited for me to let him know I was ready to order. He didn't hover, or try to, "get something started" for me or push and "special" on me. They drop by maybe once to see if all was OK.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Theron
"Very convenient just across the street from airpor"
Not very new but pretty comfortable and clean, with very friendly staff both at registration and in the restaurant and shuttle. I has 2 swiming pools, restaurant and snack bar, also in room amenities like hairdryer, satelite tv and coffee/tea maker. Excelent if you have an early flight. The shuttle take you across the ave. to the make your checkin and they advise you to walk back to the hotel to have a full hot breakfast and they take you back to the terminal when your departure time is near.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
BEST WESTERN Hotel Las Mercedes appreciates your recent stay with us, your complete satisfaction is our primary concern, and your feedback is paramount to our success. Thanks you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and hope to have you more often, please let us know how we can improve Lester Prado Front Desk Manager
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Alex
"Only minus was hot water failure"
Except. There is human traffic in early hours and a noise coming from a service cart is heard at the room in the early hours.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great jump off point to know Nicaragua!"
This hotel is just across the highway from the airport. it is great that the hotel is walking distance from the airport. I would recommend that you cross with a bit of caution to the traffic, but it is possible to cross the highway.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"dont stay there"
The halls are not carpeted so people walking and baggages being pulled make a lot Of noise. The rooms are supposed to be smoke free but they smell like cigarrette smoke. Poor to no wifi signal in iPhones. Better choice is next door camino real, just a little more expensive but $15 or $20 and that is a really good hotel, there blocks away.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
rafael
"good close to airport"
IT was a quick stay. Front desk staff are nasty. Overall it served the purpose.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Great location excellent service staff very cordial
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Very convenient and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Norman
"across from airport"
Late arrival from airport, room was small and not very clean. Did not want to travel at night. Upon departure from Nicaragua stayed again because of early departure, room was larger and cleaner. Kind of hit or miss. Had to ask for small fridge to have on second visit to keep water cold. Breakfast only available on initial arrival was OK. My wife was not happy on initial visit and all guys know what that means. Second visit upon departure was a better stay. Used room service, no menu available in room, my wife and son ordered a fajita burrito and hated it. I ordered a Club and it was OK. Hard to screw up a Club.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
cubuckeye
"Perfect location when arriving or departing Managu"
We were looking for a hotel simply to sleep in before our return flight. What we got was a pleasant surprise, the room was spotless, the beds incredibly comfy and the staff very pleasant and English speaking. The courtyard was beautiful and inviting, the perfect spot to relax and my sister could enjoy a cigarette without feeling like she was committing a crime. All in all, a must stay when I come back to Nica, as I will, many times.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
deb
"Nicaraqua airport"
The hotel is right across from the airport and is very clean and safe. They have an excellent breakfast that is included in the rate. The people were very friendly and it was perfect for children. Remember when making reservations to put in the correct number of people. They ask for your passport when checking in for all people staying in the room. Do NOT drink the water or put your toothbrush under it.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"A hotel going bad"
I was a this hotel before. That's why I decided to go back. But this time was terrible: 1- a lot of personal/security questions (what do you do for a living, where do you work, etc) what is this? I though, a criminal ivestigation happen only in comunist countries or what? 2- no microwave (take wherever you need to heat it up to the kitchen,give it to a cook and they will take inside and do it for you) you do not have visual contact with your food at all. 3- no refri (if you need at least some ice call the front desk, you cannot bring anything to be maintain in cool temp: soda, water or some food from dinner, etc) 4- $2.00 for a soda can and $2.00 for a twik chocolate bar? 5- 0.50 dollar cent for a minute of local call? 6- NO INTERNET in the rooms only in the lobby where they can see you?
Tony
"Could not get closer to the airport."
It was a good stayed. We like being close to the airport since we ad to be there at 4:30 A.M.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest Thanks for your feedback, we are happy to fill your expectetions and we hope to have as our guest once again Best Regards
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Morningsun
"convenient"
hotel is very convenient as it is located right across the street from airport. nothing fancy... the pool is nice. shower is not very hot and does not have a lot of pressure, but that is very typical in nicaragua.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
Over the years, I have stayed at Las Mercedes on several occasions. I feel that it is over priced for what you get, but it has the location. It is located across the street from the airport, & if you have an early morning flight it makes it very convenient. The staff is very friendly & quite accommodating, & most of them spoke very good english. The food is average. My biggest complaint on this trip was, a leaky bathroom sink, which I had to place a trash can underneath to keep the water from running over the floor. The room was very clean, & the overall grounds were kept up.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Absolutely the best stay for the best $$$."
The staff catered to your every need with a smile. Security was always visible and the room was clean and refreshing with fresh scent that made your welcome even more pleasant. I travel often to many places. This will always be my first choices in Managua.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Convenient, safe, breakfast included w/two pools."
I would recommend this hotel based on location. I've stayed here several times because it is across the street from the airport, has two pools, airconditioning, hot water (although at takes a very long time for water to heat up) and breakfast included. The cons are the annoying rule that only three people are allowd in any of the rooms even if it has two double beds. Even if only staying there a few hours they will not yield on this rule. Very frustrating if you are traveling with family and paying over $100 per room. Overpriced for Nicaragua.
Other trip May 27, 2014
She-ra
"Only due to location"
Very over priced for the condition of the accommodations. If it wasn't for the proximity to the airport it would be -1 star. Room had unfinished walls, power outages, and insects. $50 dollars would have been almost acceptable. Best Western better step it up or take there name off this one. I will say the staff was great and spoke English.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Kahai
"Handy for early-morning flight"
Hotel is older but well maintained and updated.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Thank You for your feedback we appreciate your comments, Hotel is upgrading main areas such as restaurant and lobby so we ca n provide with a great service for you.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Paul Ciceri
"Perfect location for flying"
The hotel is really nice and very safe. Good restaurant and big pool. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. We just walked across the street to the airport but there is a shuttle that runs all day. Staff was great and everyone at the front desk had great English. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay before a flight!!
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed at our property, feel free to stay again with us. Thanks for your feedback.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Anna
"Good hotel if you have an early morning flight."
Good airconditioning, lovely pool bar with cold beer, however, small ant-like creatures in room.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we thank you for the comments, we'll work very hard on the conditions of the rooms, housekeeping it is always avaliable to assist you in any kind of situation.
Other trip May 6, 2014
I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past few years. It is of good quality and comfortable. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. The onsite restaurant has good food and is open late. The thing I like most is the location. It is directly across the street from the airport. Though they offer a shuttle, it is an easy walk. Careful crossing the street.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest We really appreciate your feedback, it is great to know you had a pleasant stay at our property, Shuttle is always avaliable anytime, either going to airport or coming from it. Please remember the street is a main highway with a lot of traffic. Best Regards.
Other trip May 4, 2014
P
Great location for anyone arriving into Nicaragua or getting ready to return home. Very convenient and comfortable
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
It is such a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay at our property. You are more than welcome to stay again.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Jacqueline
Good stay. Ill be back next week
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest We really appreciate your time taken on writing your comments, which help us to improve day by day, we look forward to have you many times in the upcoming future. Best Regards
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014