All hotels in Managua, Nicaragua
Km 11.5 Carretera Norte, Managua, RD-46, Nicaragua, ‏‎866-925-8648

"Basic accommodations near airport"
Conveniently located across the street from the airport, the hotel has 2 nice pools with poolside bar, tropical gardens. Free and tasty breakfast buffet. But restaurant food from menu is lackluster. Room is basic and clean. Pay US prices at bar and restaurant.
Other trip Dec 29, 2014
Peggy
"Great airport hotel"
Perfect place to stay if you need to catch an early flight. 2 minute walk to airport. Safe, friendly, quiet.
1 night family trip Dec 22, 2014
susan
"Very close to the airport!"
Always stay here in and out of Nicaragua since it's so close to the airport. Showing some wear, but overall a good stay.
1 night family trip Dec 20, 2014
"Good value, clean and perfect location for access"
First stay in Managua, but i have lived and traveled in Central America for many years. This hotels location directly across the street from the airport makes it very convenient. The staff is friendly and attentive. The room was good. The bed was a bit firm for my taste, but not uncomfortable. I had supper at the hotel each night of my stay. I ate at the tables surrounding the pool, which made for a relaxing atmosphere. The food was good, not great, but priced OK. The hotels looks to be a hub for visiting expat work/medical teams.
1 night business trip Dec 8, 2014
Bradley
"NICE HOTEL CLOSE TO THE AIRPORT"
FRENDLY AND ATTENTIVE STAFF, CLEAN ROOM AND HOTEL AND SORROUNDING AREA, GREAT RESTAURANT
Other trip Dec 11, 2014
"best hotel to catch your flight to/from home"
best thing about this hotel is it is across the street from the airport for thos late night/early morning flights.
1 night family trip Dec 2, 2014
"Very convenient. Above expectations."
Rooms were large and well appointed. Dinner by the pool was very nice. One mistake: one member of our group was assigned a room already occupied. The location across from airport is excellent.
Other trip Dec 2, 2014
Natalie
"good location"
Nice place for one night. Restaurant whit many chaces to imporve.
Other trip Dec 1, 2014
elena
"Pleasant Place To Be"
Wish i had been there for more days, was a short stay but it was such a great place to next time spend more time there
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
we are pleased that you enjoy your stay with us we will be more than happy to receive new mind if you give us your contact details and we will get a better rate
Other trip Nov 27, 2014
Jose
"Nice Hotel, But Don't Be Next to the Pavilion"
We stayed here because we had an early flight out of Managua in the morning, and needed a place close by to crash. It was nice to have air conditioning and soap. However, they put us right next to a pavilion that was hosting a graduation fiesta that night and they raged 'til 1 in the morning! We were too tired to move rooms, yet didn't get the greatest sleep. We tried to call and figure out how late the party was going, but the front desk lady just said "yes". Those Nicaraguans like to party!
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2014
Kayla
"Terrible Terrible"
Just awful. Old weird rooms. Staff was completely incompetent. When I first checked in, they made gave me wrong key twice!! Until I found out that they had given me a room that already had guests in it. I found the bar to be extremely overpriced, taking into account that there is absolutely nothing nearby. I am a frequent flyer and travel a lot, this was an absolutely bad experience. Good luck guys!!! Oh!!! one more thing, I gave my card for incidentals....but when I tried to make a local call, they told me that they (staff at front desk) had not been trained to use the phone system, so they could not 1) tell me how to dial and 2) dial and transfer the call to my room.......how does that sound???
Jorge
The best hotel we stayed in while in Nicaragua. Most hotels did not have hot water for showers or air conditioning. This one had both. It also had two nice pools and a great free breakfast. We stayed here our last night since it is right across the street from the airport.
Other trip Nov 19, 2014
"MGA Airport"
Super clean, comfortable, affordable. Staff seemed a little bothered though.
1 night trip Nov 10, 2014
Lance
"Nice Place at Airport"
My only problem was that the Shuttle was not there to pick me up and I never got a good answer why. But.... the hotel is just across the highway from the airport. I could have walked but the Nica I was with said it was dangerous. It seemed fine to me. American hotels and restaurants could take a lesson. In the check-in confusion I lost sight of my bag. I found it close by with a bellman hovering by it waiting to take it to my room. At the restaurant (and this happened throughout my stay in Nicaragua) the waiter sat me and got me my drink and stepped away and waited for me to let him know I was ready to order. He didn't hover, or try to, "get something started" for me or push and "special" on me. They drop by maybe once to see if all was OK.
1 night trip Oct 17, 2014
Theron
"Very convenient just across the street from airpor"
Not very new but pretty comfortable and clean, with very friendly staff both at registration and in the restaurant and shuttle. I has 2 swiming pools, restaurant and snack bar, also in room amenities like hairdryer, satelite tv and coffee/tea maker. Excelent if you have an early flight. The shuttle take you across the ave. to the make your checkin and they advise you to walk back to the hotel to have a full hot breakfast and they take you back to the terminal when your departure time is near.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
BEST WESTERN Hotel Las Mercedes appreciates your recent stay with us, your complete satisfaction is our primary concern, and your feedback is paramount to our success. Thanks you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and hope to have you more often, please let us know how we can improve Lester Prado Front Desk Manager
Other trip Oct 25, 2014
Alex
"Only minus was hot water failure"
Except. There is human traffic in early hours and a noise coming from a service cart is heard at the room in the early hours.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
"Great jump off point to know Nicaragua!"
This hotel is just across the highway from the airport. it is great that the hotel is walking distance from the airport. I would recommend that you cross with a bit of caution to the traffic, but it is possible to cross the highway.
Other trip Oct 4, 2014
"dont stay there"
The halls are not carpeted so people walking and baggages being pulled make a lot Of noise. The rooms are supposed to be smoke free but they smell like cigarrette smoke. Poor to no wifi signal in iPhones. Better choice is next door camino real, just a little more expensive but $15 or $20 and that is a really good hotel, there blocks away.
Other trip Sep 21, 2014
rafael
"good close to airport"
IT was a quick stay. Front desk staff are nasty. Overall it served the purpose.
Other trip Aug 21, 2014
Great location excellent service staff very cordial
1 night business trip Aug 9, 2014
Very convenient and comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Norman
"across from airport"
Late arrival from airport, room was small and not very clean. Did not want to travel at night. Upon departure from Nicaragua stayed again because of early departure, room was larger and cleaner. Kind of hit or miss. Had to ask for small fridge to have on second visit to keep water cold. Breakfast only available on initial arrival was OK. My wife was not happy on initial visit and all guys know what that means. Second visit upon departure was a better stay. Used room service, no menu available in room, my wife and son ordered a fajita burrito and hated it. I ordered a Club and it was OK. Hard to screw up a Club.
Other trip Jul 31, 2014
cubuckeye
"Perfect location when arriving or departing Managu"
We were looking for a hotel simply to sleep in before our return flight. What we got was a pleasant surprise, the room was spotless, the beds incredibly comfy and the staff very pleasant and English speaking. The courtyard was beautiful and inviting, the perfect spot to relax and my sister could enjoy a cigarette without feeling like she was committing a crime. All in all, a must stay when I come back to Nica, as I will, many times.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
deb
"Nicaraqua airport"
The hotel is right across from the airport and is very clean and safe. They have an excellent breakfast that is included in the rate. The people were very friendly and it was perfect for children. Remember when making reservations to put in the correct number of people. They ask for your passport when checking in for all people staying in the room. Do NOT drink the water or put your toothbrush under it.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"A hotel going bad"
I was a this hotel before. That's why I decided to go back. But this time was terrible: 1- a lot of personal/security questions (what do you do for a living, where do you work, etc) what is this? I though, a criminal ivestigation happen only in comunist countries or what? 2- no microwave (take wherever you need to heat it up to the kitchen,give it to a cook and they will take inside and do it for you) you do not have visual contact with your food at all. 3- no refri (if you need at least some ice call the front desk, you cannot bring anything to be maintain in cool temp: soda, water or some food from dinner, etc) 4- $2.00 for a soda can and $2.00 for a twik chocolate bar? 5- 0.50 dollar cent for a minute of local call? 6- NO INTERNET in the rooms only in the lobby where they can see you?
Tony
"Could not get closer to the airport."
It was a good stayed. We like being close to the airport since we ad to be there at 4:30 A.M.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest Thanks for your feedback, we are happy to fill your expectetions and we hope to have as our guest once again Best Regards
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
Morningsun
"convenient"
hotel is very convenient as it is located right across the street from airport. nothing fancy... the pool is nice. shower is not very hot and does not have a lot of pressure, but that is very typical in nicaragua.
Other trip Jun 19, 2014
"Location, Location, Location"
Over the years, I have stayed at Las Mercedes on several occasions. I feel that it is over priced for what you get, but it has the location. It is located across the street from the airport, & if you have an early morning flight it makes it very convenient. The staff is very friendly & quite accommodating, & most of them spoke very good english. The food is average. My biggest complaint on this trip was, a leaky bathroom sink, which I had to place a trash can underneath to keep the water from running over the floor. The room was very clean, & the overall grounds were kept up.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Absolutely the best stay for the best $$$."
The staff catered to your every need with a smile. Security was always visible and the room was clean and refreshing with fresh scent that made your welcome even more pleasant. I travel often to many places. This will always be my first choices in Managua.
Other trip Jun 11, 2014
"Convenient, safe, breakfast included w/two pools."
I would recommend this hotel based on location. I've stayed here several times because it is across the street from the airport, has two pools, airconditioning, hot water (although at takes a very long time for water to heat up) and breakfast included. The cons are the annoying rule that only three people are allowd in any of the rooms even if it has two double beds. Even if only staying there a few hours they will not yield on this rule. Very frustrating if you are traveling with family and paying over $100 per room. Overpriced for Nicaragua.
Other trip May 27, 2014
She-ra
"Only due to location"
Very over priced for the condition of the accommodations. If it wasn't for the proximity to the airport it would be -1 star. Room had unfinished walls, power outages, and insects. $50 dollars would have been almost acceptable. Best Western better step it up or take there name off this one. I will say the staff was great and spoke English.
1 night trip May 22, 2014
Kahai
"Handy for early-morning flight"
Hotel is older but well maintained and updated.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Thank You for your feedback we appreciate your comments, Hotel is upgrading main areas such as restaurant and lobby so we ca n provide with a great service for you.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Paul Ciceri
"Perfect location for flying"
The hotel is really nice and very safe. Good restaurant and big pool. Rooms were very comfortable and clean. We just walked across the street to the airport but there is a shuttle that runs all day. Staff was great and everyone at the front desk had great English. Highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a place to stay before a flight!!
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stayed at our property, feel free to stay again with us. Thanks for your feedback.
1 night trip May 6, 2014
Anna
"Good hotel if you have an early morning flight."
Good airconditioning, lovely pool bar with cold beer, however, small ant-like creatures in room.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Thank you for letting us know about your stay, we thank you for the comments, we'll work very hard on the conditions of the rooms, housekeeping it is always avaliable to assist you in any kind of situation.
Other trip May 6, 2014
I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past few years. It is of good quality and comfortable. The staff has always been very friendly and accommodating. The onsite restaurant has good food and is open late. The thing I like most is the location. It is directly across the street from the airport. Though they offer a shuttle, it is an easy walk. Careful crossing the street.
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest We really appreciate your feedback, it is great to know you had a pleasant stay at our property, Shuttle is always avaliable anytime, either going to airport or coming from it. Please remember the street is a main highway with a lot of traffic. Best Regards.
Other trip May 4, 2014
P
Great location for anyone arriving into Nicaragua or getting ready to return home. Very convenient and comfortable
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
It is such a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay at our property. You are more than welcome to stay again.
1 night trip Apr 22, 2014
Jacqueline
Good stay. Ill be back next week
Response by Best Western Las Mercedes
Dear Guest We really appreciate your time taken on writing your comments, which help us to improve day by day, we look forward to have you many times in the upcoming future. Best Regards
1 night business trip Apr 25, 2014
hodson
"Convenient and great for families"
Hotel is across the street from the airport. Great big pool. Rooms are like small cabins, clean and simple. This is a gathering spot for American and other groups gathering before heading out on volunteer and other trips. Nice staff.
Other trip Apr 18, 2014
Location right at the airport. Business-like hotel with all amenities, but no charm
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Over priced..."
I stayed there one day, last day in Nicaragua. Their costumer service is horrible! You would think with as many people that come into that place that they would have more helpful employees working the front desk. Waited long to get my room and that was after waiting for them to find it. The place is huge, spread out, almost like cabins. Small rooms and basic shower. Nothing fancy and nothing worth the $100 bucks a night, wait, $110! Only because is in front of the airport. The food and anything else you buy there is over priced too! $2 bucks for a can of soda! The rooms were comfy and did the job, and the breakfast was amazing! All you can eat Nicaraguan foods! Over all, I may stay there if the price was lower, but there are far better hotels, and cheaper, that will shuttle you to the airport and not waste an arm and a leg!
Other trip Apr 7, 2014
Will
"No power"
Room itself was nice and clean. Problems were that at midnight our power went out thus no air conditioning. Super hot, front desk nice and said sorry working on fixing should be soon. 3 hours later back on. Bummer. Shower cold and just a trickle. If need to get to airport early perfect as location great, just across street. Breakfast not till 6am thus all early 5am people miss it, bummer.
Other trip Apr 5, 2014
"Across from the airport"
This is a very large hotel right across from the airport . The rooms are adequate and perfect for the early morning flight. Asked for ice in the room but it never came. Ate at the restaurant and had a case of one day tourista the following day (may have been from another day or the ice). Travelers: Get out of Managua immediately and go to your other destinations and try not to miss Granada (try the Plaza Colon Hotel right on the square-whoa)
1 night trip Mar 26, 2014
Nash
"Convenient but questionable"
We didn't get in until after 2:00 a.m. They seemed to have lost our reservation but wouldn't admit it. Instead, they threw us in a room in the way back of the property. It had 3 singles instead of 1 queen. The door didn't lock. The maid walked in at 7:00. The construction on the building they were making right by our room started before then, so it didn't really matter. Breakfast is good. Water is hot. It's close to the airport.
1 night family trip Feb 13, 2014
"over priced and better food on the street"
Obviously it's overpriced because of it's location to the airport. And that was very convienent. the food left something to be desired however. Just my opinion. And a $5 glass of wine that was crap and when I mentioned it to my waiter, he said yes it is and that was all.
Other trip Feb 20, 2014
"Airport right across the street"
Great location, next to the airport. Excellent omelette at the breakfast served from 6am-10am. Airconditioned rooms. Clean and spacious grounds.
Other trip Feb 17, 2014
"Great spot for early morning flight"
Stayed there as it was a one minute walk to the airport for our early flight out of Nicaragua. Customer service at the front desk and bar was great. You are on an island as there is nothing to do outside the hotel near by.
1 night trip Jan 26, 2014
Nick
"Across the street from the airport is a big plus."
A good one.
Other trip Jan 16, 2014
"Decent hotel across from airport"
We stayed there on New Year's day and left for the states on Jan. 2nd. We wanted something close to the airport and it was directly across the street so we were able to just wheel our bags over in a couple minutes. The hotel was fine. It was clean and the air conditioning worked. We did not try the restaurant except for breakfast and it was standard hotel breakfast. So if you want to be next to the airport it's a fine choice. If i had an early morning flight i would stay there again.
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Right across the street from the airport"
We stayed here because it was conveniently located for our early morning flight. The staff was very friendly and there was a great breakfast. The common areas (pool and sundeck) were in pretty bad shape, and the rooms are VERY small.
1 night trip with friends Jan 3, 2014
Sean
"Great location next to airport"
It's easy to walk to the Best Western from the airport--there's a well-marked crosswalk. There's really no need for the shuttle. Breakfast is incredibly good and comes with the room. Tiles in outdoor walkways and around the pools are very slippery when wet--be careful--I saw a little boy fall and hit his head. Spent one night here before 6 am flight to Corn Island and a second night before early flight home---finding this nice hotel made my trip run smoothly!
Other trip Jan 2, 2014