All hotels in Linden, New Jersey, United States of America
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here501 W Edgar Rd, Linden, NJ, 07036, United States of America, ‏‎855-238-1591

"Exceptional!"
We flew to the NYC area to take in the city and attend an event at the Waldorf Astoria. The location was very convenient to where we needed to be in the city, and in a very safe area. We walked to the adjacent shopping center and restaurants and felt totally comfortable. The hotel was exceptionally clean and it was a very comfortable stay overall. The staff was nothing short of amazing. I wish all of our stays were even half as nice as our time at the Hampton Inn in Linden! We will be back.
4 night trip Oct 4, 2014
Tom Hammack
"A great hotel"
Wonderful stay. Very clean hotel, friendly staff, great location dining and easy trip into New York City via NJtransit.
2 night trip with friends Oct 4, 2014
Overall the stay was satisfactory. Nice staff and clean rooms.
Other trip Oct 6, 2014
I expected a little bit more from the hotel.
Response by Hampton Inn Linden
Wileda, Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. Your input is extremely valualble in helping us assess our performance. From your comments, I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff because we fell below your expectations. What could we have done better to exceed your expectations? Your input will help us serve you better in the future. I invite you to stay with us the next time you are in town.
2 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Wileda
"Good place"
The rooms were pretty good. Only thing is tap water should have been provisioned. Overall happy.
2 night family trip Sep 26, 2014
Mohammed Rajabudeen
Just a bit far from the airport but not too far. Very convenient to shopping, food and movies.
Other trip Oct 2, 2014
"Shuttle sham"
The hotel itself was very nice. The shuttle to and from the airport very scetchy. Limited hours and clerks differ on when it runs. Costs 40+ dollars each way by cab. It is not really close to airport. For that amount of money I could have gotten a better hotel closer to airport. I was not told at check in that shuttle would not be available at the time I needed it despite specifically asking about off hours shuttle.
1 night trip Sep 26, 2014
Great hotel, you have lots of stores sorounding it, like applebees, dragonfly, chevys, shoprite, its convenient, great place to stay in, I will personally say that this hotel is on my next stay.
1 night trip with friends Sep 27, 2014
"HORRIBLE!!"
WE NEVER GOT TO STAY BECAUSE THEY OVERLOOKED OUR RESERVATIONS. THERE WAS SOMETHING HAPPENING IN THE CITY THAT WEEKEND AND OBVIOUSLY, OUR RESERVATIONS DIDN'T COUNT..WIND UP MOVING US TO ANOTHER HOTEL.
2 night trip Sep 19, 2014
ROBIN
"shuttle to area was great"
we enjoyed our stay but could use better pillows and new quilts, they are lumpy from all the laundering, good breakfast and friendly staff.
2 night trip Sep 20, 2014
pat d
"Clean hotel and great amenities."
This hotel had everything we needed for our family visit: close proximity to relatives, all day and evening coffee and tea service in lobby, free buffet breakfast, adjoining lot to restaurants and stores, pleasant staff. Only thing we would have changed was the timeframe of the cleaning staff on the 4th floor where we were located. They cleaned in the late afternoons and we often liked to take a nap and shower/change clothes before heading out for evening dinner and activities. It was somewhat disrupting and often I just let them in to clean the bathroom and give us new towels while my husband was sleeping, and another time I let the maid in to clean our room as I was changing my clothes for our evening out. I would have preferred to have them clean in the late morning hours. I did not mention this to the hotel desk monitor while we were there.
Other trip Sep 20, 2014
"Useless Receptionist"
They totally messed it up. After reaching the receptionist was loooking for my booking for 10-15 mins and then gave me a key to WRONG room. It was not working and after two trips to the lobby and room, the room was already occupied by someone else and they were really mad at me. There was not even an apology from the receptionist. She was mean and very rude with no courtesy.
2 night trip Sep 12, 2014
Vinoth Raj
Over all service and personal were great. Andreiuss the van driver disturbed fantastic hospitality. Front desk extremely helpful.
7 night trip Sep 4, 2014
Pam Landy
"Good Stay"
Awesome stay. Very convenient area.
1 night trip Sep 6, 2014
"Great location and price for a quick trip to NYC"
It was a great ... Convenient, Comfortable and Affordable. Would definitely stay there again.
2 night trip with friends Sep 5, 2014
BluIdGirl
"Good for business stay not for pleasure."
Located on busy highway with only one access road in rear. Heavy industrial area. Surrounding restaurants just ok. Desk staff was professional. Housekeeping missed cleaning room two of three day stay. Great chocolate chip cookies during week.
Other trip Sep 8, 2014
newark visitor
"Very Good neighborhood"
I like the most about this hotel is, it has very good neighborhood. lots of shops around and an AMC. But hotel cleanness and service not to the expected level. Hampton Inn hotels used to be very good but this hotel on my opinion not meeting that benchmark.
1 night family trip Aug 31, 2014
Was very good experience at hotel, i hope cancel the smooking room, that was the only bad.
Other trip Sep 2, 2014
Great Hotel
1 night business trip Aug 29, 2014
Very nice hotel. I've stayed here twice and enjoyed my stay both times. Hotel is clean and has everything you need. I would recommend staying here.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2014
"Disastrous service"
Scheduled for late arrival we walked in to several people having problems with complaints of someone being in the room they were given. We checked in went to sleep. After being gone all day and returning the next night when I walked in my room there were someone sleeping in it. They then told me they had accidentally given away my room and there were no more. They also could not find our clothes that were left in the room. Needless to say I was not happy. There were absolutely zero hotels available in the entire city. After almost an hour of ranting in the lobby they magically found a room after we were told sorry we don't know what to do for so long. Then they tried to charge me for the room saying it was the only way they could give me a key. Of course that didn't happen but it blew me away that I was asked. Never did receive the missing clothes.
1 night business trip Aug 22, 2014
Bowden
"Rude clerk"
This is my worst experience with a Hampton inn. We had booked a room for 5 persons. I called the front desk and requested an extra blanket which was refused. When I called back a few minutes later and pleaded with the clerk that my disabled child really needs another blanket, she hung up on me. I cannot believe that Hampton Inn tolerates such poor service. Also the breakfast items were not replenished and there was just one toaster that was mobbed at all times.
3 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
Nath
"From PA"
Great location . Good customer service. Clean rooms. I will return .
1 night trip Aug 16, 2014
Holmes
We have stayed at this Hampton Inn before. We always stay there when we go to NYC.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Stacy
"From PA"
Everything was great . The location was perfect with the stores and restaurants. The room was clean. The customer service was good. I will definitely return.
1 night business trip Aug 16, 2014
Holmes
Horrible night: we booked for 5 people, with a trolley bed for our 7 years old daughter. When we arrived we were told no bed available, in a very rude manner, with no time available to find a solution. 3 people slept in the same bed. It was an awful night. The receptionist in charge of that night should be fired immediately. Will never go in a Hampton inn again.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Bernard
"Good hotel for a one night stay"
Good hotel for a one night stay. Their computer system was messed up and the receptionist initially gave us a room which was not cleaned.
1 night trip Aug 15, 2014
Excellent stay overall in this clean & modern hotel. Wonderful breakfast selection and large seating area. Outdoor pool was small.
1 night family trip Aug 5, 2014
Great
3 night trip Aug 7, 2014
fred belcher
"Eexcellent service"
hotel was clean and very comfortable.
1 night trip Aug 9, 2014
"This hotel stinks!"
The lobby was nice and the breakfast was good. But the room smelled awful. When I ask for a non-smoking room, I want a room that has NEVER been smoked in. Not a stale smoking room that has been doused in cleaner /air freshener to mask the nasty smell. Your taking a risk at this hotel if you want a genuinely non-smoking room!
1 night trip Aug 4, 2014
"Worst Hampton Ever"
When I checked in at the desk I asked about late checkout for Hampton reward members and he said we only give that if we want to. I asked about the cookies, this was a Friday, he said we don't do that on the weekends it's not like the doubletree. I said its Friday, he said we run out when we run out. I got to the room and it was the most uncomfortable beds I've ever seen. It was like staying at a ramada or days inn. It was definitely not the Hampton experience I've come to expect. I won't stay there again.
1 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Lora
It was nice i stay there before its peacful
1 night business trip Aug 1, 2014
ronald williams
Very happy!! Highly recommend!! Pool was great, hotel was clean, breakfast was delicious!
Georgia
"Good stopover, good breakfast."
The hotel was nice; we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. The hotel was nice enough to let me leave my car parked there and continue my trip.
1 night business trip Jul 29, 2014
"Great Job Hampton Inn!"
Perfect!
1 night family trip Jul 21, 2014
Barry
"Priced right with pool, airport shuttle"
The staff was outstanding. The pool was clean, and breakfast was great. Those were our motivations for staying between flights from Oslo to Bozeman. Other hotels with a pool closer to the airport were cost prohibitive. Overall, great deal.
1 night trip Jul 29, 2014
cleanliness of room/hotel
2 night trip Jul 25, 2014
hampton inn
I've stayed there several times,good location. Staff is very friendly, and helpful. Hotel is well maintained and very clean.
2 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Gretchen Campbell
"Would deff stay at again"
Everything was very nice friendly staff breakfast wasn't that great but it's food lol an hr away from time square 25 mins away from met life stadium only thing I disliked about my stay and had nothing to do with the hotel was all the tolls and crazy drivers
2 night trip Jul 18, 2014
Nelson
"Quick stop on my way up North"
Stay there for 2 nights and it was a really nice hotel for the price! It included free wifi, parking, and breakfast ! The staff were very welcoming and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only problem I had was I grabbed a diet Pepsi from the vending and it had expired a year ago but the hotel staff quickly resolved the issue.
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
Gerry
"Nice Place to Stay"
We stayed for just 1 night before starting off for Niagara Falls. It's in a nice and convnient location. Burger King is just across the road. Linden NJ Transit Station is less than 2 miles. Close to EWR. The hotel has a airport and also neighbourhood shuttle service. Rooms are comapratively smaller.
1 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
Raja
"Vacation Trip"
The hotel was very clean and the staff was great! Love the fact that we were offered the shuttle to drop us off and pick us up from the train as well as take us to the airport.
4 night trip Jun 29, 2014
Edna Mejia
We stayed in eleven different hotels on our trip and this was by far the nicest. We chose it because it was a 10 minute drive to the free Staten Island ferry into Manhattan, and was way less expensive than staying right in NYC. The breakfast was delicious, and the room was a good size. The best feature was that there were multiple places to charge devices, including ipod and USB ports. Seems like a small thing, but it was a blessing . . . because the rest of the trip we were taking turns getting to have a fully charged phone each day!
Other trip Jul 3, 2014
"Great room. Horrible shuttle."
Great room. Very clean. Just make sure when you get the hotel shuttle from the airport you board the right one. There are three Hampton inns with three different shuttles. The drivers do not tell you which one when you get on.I ended up in the wrong location at ten pm. Even the desk clerk I called to send the shuttle did not warn me. They say it happens frequently. Long day.
Other trip Jun 30, 2014
Nakita
"Certainly should have been better"
I travel to hotels a lot and picked this place for the location. Chose a more advanced room with king size bed and Jacuzzi. Arrived there a hour early than check in and they had the room ready so that was a positive. Unfortunately it ends there. They had a "temporary" blackout on half of their channels. Although they were temporary and I was there for three nights they were never fixed. Very odd to not be able to get local channels from where you are staying. The fridge in the room ticked. Now I can not even emphasize the annoyance. Ticking non stop..24/7. Paid for a room with a Jacuzzi and it didn't even work. Housekeeping? Well either they are slow or understaffed. One day gone 9am to 5pm and came back to nothing done to the room. The next 9am to 4pm and came back to again nothing. One of them was outside my door and stated that they haven't done anything yet and if that was ok. Considering I wanted to take a shower I said yeah that is fine. Speaking of that shower..4pm and no hot water. Believe it or not I don't like to complain. I didn't say anything the whole time because I just deal with it. I purposely went to the desk to checkout to let them know that they have issues with that room to rectify. The woman at the desk just said did you get your bill? I said yes and she said ok "Bye now". Not how was your stay? Isn't that standard to say? I just left.
3 night trip Jun 21, 2014
Scott F
Great breakfast buffet. Very comfortable and would stay again
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
"Diamond in the rough"
Great hotel! I was worried on the way there but this place was great!
1 night trip Jun 13, 2014
StuckinNewark
The stay was for someone else however they said the accommodations were very nice.
2 night business trip Jun 6, 2014
It is a pleasant experience to stay at Hampton Inn - Linden, NJ for 4 nights. Overall, I would say it is pleasant as compared to other Hampton Inn that I stayed before. Frankly, considering paying slightly under $100 per night on the weekend, took about 20 minutes drive to Liberty State Park and/or PATH station - the location is perfect for those whom are visiting NYC! I will recommend my friends to stay at this Hampton Inn in the future. By the way, the staff team is nice, too.
Other trip Jun 17, 2014