All hotels in New Castle, New Hampshire, United States of America
588 Wentworth Rd, New Castle, NH, 03854, United States of America, ‏‎855-239-9485

"Beautiful hotel on New Castle"
This hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and we were very pleased with our stay. Worth every penny!
Other trip Jan 9, 2014
Kitty
"service disappointing"
The hotel was beautiful, clean and was in a great location. However, we were disappointed with the restaurant. For the price of our meal, I would have expected exceptional service and for all meals to be served at the same time - 4 meals were served and by the time the fifth plate arrived we had to send back the original plates as they were cold.
2 night trip Dec 29, 2013
Very nice Hotel.......didn't realize it was pet friendly....everywhere you looked there were dogs, including right outside of the restaurant.. Would definately come back if they separated the pet rooms form the non pet persons. We heard barking all night.
1 night romance trip Dec 27, 2013
"Exceptional Stay"
I have traveled far and wide, and have never before experienced the service I enjoyed during my stay at Wentworth by the Sea. When we left, my sister and I agreed that we felt like we were leaving a second home. We were treated like friends by every last staff member, from the moment we checked in to this charming haven. I can't stress enough how well we were treated. The concierge, George, has to be one of the most delightful people I have ever met. I hope you have the chance to meet him as well. The hotel bar and restaurant, SALT, is so comfortable, and the food amazing. Simply perfect, from the drinks to the servers. I could go on and on about how gregarious and knowledgeable the restaurant and bar staff were! Our food was delicious- there was nothing I would even want to change about the menu. Trust me, you will not want to stay elsewhere!
Other trip Dec 16, 2013
"Lovely during the holidays"
I stayed here on a business trip during the holiday season. The hotel decor was very lovely. Dining at Salt was fantastic. The hotel staff was ver friendly and helpful.
1 night business trip Dec 6, 2013
"Outstanding"
The staff at this hotel are the best I ever met. The service provided was exemplary.
1 night trip Dec 1, 2013
"great place for a "girl's week-end""
Accommodations were comfortable and elegant. Very friendly and helpful staff throughout the hotel in every department. Beautiful surrounding area with views and great walking trails.
2 night trip Nov 15, 2013
Paula
"Beautiful to look at, but..."
I took my husband as a surprise for our anniversary. Check in was seamless & the girls at the front desk were super friendly :) We had an in-room, couples message which was wonderful. Then we ordered room-service. My husbands meal was cold and hard - yuck! Got up the next day and both our backs were so sore - not sure if it was the message or the bed and/or pillows (which were both very uncomfortable). Went to breakfast where I had cold eggs and my husband ordered steak (medium rare) & eggs - his steak was horrible..it was medium well, not rare. He ate it because he was starved, having waited over half hour to be served. Dinner that evening wasn't much better. Proceeded to the out-door hot tub. To our disappointment, only two of the jets were working - it just topped off an already horrible experience. Tried breakfast the next morning (ordered something different of course) and after asking our waiter 3 times!...my husband finally got his fork!!! Are you kidding me? I was more than heart broken after planning this special trip for over a month! I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Nov 6, 2013
"Well worth it."
It you want to stay somewhere spectacular and are not really that concerned about the rate - this is the spot.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
"Excellent in every way but one"
An awesome facility with fantastic food, bars, brunch, spa and pool, views, location, everything was perfect except the coffee...which only tasted good when it was piping hot...and otherwise had an off flavor. A small thing that wouldn't prevent me from visiting again as soon as I can !
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
cj
This hotel is beautiful. Wish I could have stayed longer. A bit out of the way but worth it. We were only there for 1 night, got in late and left after breakfast. Ordered room service which was good and had the breakfast buffet (which was included with our room). It was wonderful...fresh blueberry muffins, omelet station. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Highly recommend and I will try to go back if in the area again.
1 night trip Oct 5, 2013
Kim Y
"Beautiful Resort"
We were upgraded to a two bedroom unit on the water. It was exquisite. We only spent one night and I wish it had been longer.
1 night trip Oct 15, 2013
Beth
The hotel was beautiful and I will be making a return trip!
1 night romance trip Oct 5, 2013
"Wonderful Weekend Get Away"
We had a wonderful experience at Wenworth by the Sea. The SALT restaurant was wonderful and we ate their both nights of our stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. We did have a problem with the air conditioning in our room - so they moved us to a better room. Other than that minor inconvenience our stay was fabulous. The lattitude restaurant was also very nice- with great views of the marina. Our room was immaculate as was the bathroom (great showers too!).
2 night romance trip Sep 20, 2013
"No bad surprise."
It is a very good hotel.
1 night trip Sep 17, 2013
Pascal
"GORGEOUS SETTING!"
beautiful hotel! loved the indoor and outdoor pools. the view was spectacular! restaurants were beautiful and good food. Room was a little small for such a grand hotel but didnt detract from the overall great experience. definitely going back next summer!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
"Beautiful scenery, wonderful stay"
We enjoyed the Wentworth. The room was very nice, staff very courteous and the surrounding area was beautiful.
1 night trip Aug 10, 2013
Excellent, especially Salt restaurant.
1 night trip with friends Aug 9, 2013
Philip
"Good, but not great for what you pay"
The hotel and location is beautiful. Staff are pretty friendly, except for some of the spa people, one spa staff member lacked personality and the spa cashier thought I was trying to "steal a locker" when I asked her to help me open one up to store my stuff while I used the hot tub. Apparently lockers are for spa guests only, which I was, but she thought I wasn't and was pretty quick to treat me like a second class citizen, esp for the amount of money you are shelling out for these services. Also, if you want coffee in the morning, they offer it in their restaurant, Salt, but again you have to pay for it, $2.74 to be exact. They do have coffee for free in the room, but I can't think of anyone who likes that kind. There were some inconsistencies, like one night we got turn down service with chocolates on the bed, other nights we did not and one day we got a USA today, others we did not. No rhyme or reason. Overall great historical hotel and beautifully decorated, but just a few little nuances that would make a big difference if they stepped it up. I had always wanted to stay here since I've used their spa many times, but maybe not next time bc as a spa guest you have access to their pools and hot tubs, so why pay the extra money? Would strongly consider staying over again, but would use the spa only instead of spending the night.
2 night trip Jul 29, 2013
Andrea
"Historic Portsmouth hotel"
We stayed one night here and overall had a very pleasant stay at this historic hotel. We ate at the hotel restaurant 'Salt' and had a great meal. They offer half size pasta entrees which were delicious and quite filliing. I used the indoor pool and hot tub in the morning and found it empty at 7:30am. All in all, a lovely place to stay. I noticed that there was little historic information posted in the lobby about the hotel esp. about the historic Portsmouth Peace Treaty. I've read about the Roosevelt Room online, but couldn't find it in the hotel.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Beautiful stopover"
Wish we could have stayed longer to enjoy the amenities. We did have time to do a stunning(!!!!!!!) 8mile run along to Portmouths, enjoying the perfectly manicured New England gardens, houses, coastline , the lighthouse, the kayskers, islands and charming town. Stopped for a lobster roll (yum!) and went on our way north. Will return next year.
1 night trip Jul 17, 2013
"Very nice site. Beautiful grounds."
Unfortunately, we did not have sufficient time at the hotel for all the amenities. Just walking the grounds was a treat.
Other trip Jul 14, 2013
"Wentworth by the Sea"
Fabulous!
3 night romance trip Jun 28, 2013
Martha
"Mini vacation"
My wife and I decided on a mini vacation. This hotel was outstanding.The location was great for sightseeing around the area of Portsmith and Maine.The accomadations were excellent. The bed was first rate.We ate in the hotel restaurant, Salt, and the food and service was excellent.
3 night trip Jun 23, 2013
Jerry
"Resort"
Wonderful experience! Our room was big, with 2 kids we had a king and blow up bed. The only minor negative was the towels for the shower. They had some stains that appeared to be old and permanent. Time to throw them out. Our kids loved everything and still talk about it.
Other trip Jun 8, 2013
"Overpriced and underwhelming"
There are definitely more affordable, more convenient hotels in the area that you could pick. We stayed here for our first wedding anniversary. The staff at the front desk was not friendly at all. The other employees were all very nice and welcoming. We booked through hotels.com and mentioned in the note that it was our anniversary and also requested a king size bed. We received no special treatment and 2 double beds in the room. The hotel has a great view and is a unique historic building. However, it is worn down and not as nice as one would hope. I would save some money and book a nice hotel in Portsmouth if I were you.
3 night romance trip May 24, 2013
"Short, but very nice stay."
Unfortunately, our stay was about 12 hours. Given that short time, I will say that the beds were incredibly clean and comfortable. The room temp was comfortable and easy to adjust. We had a lovely view of the bay from our room. We ordered room service, and it was prompt and the service person was extremely polite. Arrival and departure were quick and easy. I would love to go back again for a longer visit.
Other trip May 24, 2013
"Awesome stay"
They upgraded us to a suite on the water with a fireplace two bedrooms etc... couldn't have imagined a better place to be and scored lots of points with the Mom since it was Mother's Day
Other trip May 20, 2013
"Elegance on the Seacoast"
The Wentworth is a beautiful older hotel (100+ years) that has been fully updated. Its not like going to any regular Marriott.. its much more of a classic hotel with elegance and class. Very old school .. lots of wood and large windows. Classy and timeless.
Other trip May 19, 2013
The hotel is old, and most of the guests were old. This is not a hotel for 30-50 year old guests. The floors in many locations badly needed vacuuming, especially inside the elevators and in the corridors leading to the rooms. In addition, the front desk hotel staff seemed non-caring, and I had difficulty printing my boarding passes for the next flight. Due to construction, room service is the best way to get a meal. The Latitudes Restaurant is small and cosy (approximately 15 tables), and the service was slow. Even at 2:30 p.m. I had to wait for a table in order to have lunch! The hotel is fairly remote with no good close by restaurants.
1 night trip May 11, 2013
"Excellent time at the Wentworth"
We stayed one evening in April and enjoyed this hotel. The food is excellent in the main dining room and room service was also very good. The rooms are furnished very nicely with great views. Only thing to change would be the heating/air conditioning system - quite loud in our room. We would definately stay again!
1 night romance trip Apr 20, 2013
Jeff B
"Perfect for a romantic getaway"
We had a wonderful weekend romantic getaway. We enjoyed cocktails in the Roosevelt lounge one night. Great, comfortable atmosphere. We had a fabulous massage on Sunday morning followed but a great buffet breakfast. Perfect way to relax and take in the lush accomodations at The Wentworth. We especially loved the heated floor in the bathroom!
Other trip Mar 26, 2013
KFG
staff was extremely helpful and polite. I have some nostalgic attachment to the old Wentworth. While the new improved version might indeed be called "sanitized", I think they did a very good job retaining much of the old charm, yet necessarily addressing tastefully the requirements of modernization.
1 night family trip Feb 14, 2013
"relaxing girl getaway"
the goal for the weekend, do nothing, the wentworth was the perfect setting, comfortable seat areas, friendly staff, a beautiful pool and outdoor hot tub.
1 night trip Feb 2, 2013
teri
The Hotel is beautiful and the people very polite. However, the rooms are not insulated from the sounds of plumbing and traffic in the hallway
2 night trip Dec 24, 2012
"great place......expencive"
it was great......loverly get away place
1 night trip Dec 31, 2012
rick
"Nice place."
Stay was excellent. Clean hotel. Courteous staff. Excellent spa services. Went off season so it was very quiet. Would not recommend for younger children.
Other trip Dec 3, 2012
Sean
"Fabulous"
Everyone was very friendly and helpful during our stay. They made us feel welcome. We appreciated being able to bring our dog.
1 night romance trip Oct 27, 2012
"Hits and Misses"
Beautiful old hotel. Check-in not especially friendly. Room we had was looking over the boiler area with steam and lots of noise, but loved the bathroom's heated floors. Bar/lounge very comfortable and dinner in the main dining room was excellent with great service. Lovely indoor pool...my favorite part of the hotel.
Other trip Oct 9, 2012
We had a wonderful time. The hotel was beautiful, the staff very helpful and the food excellent. Within 30 miles there was the town of Portsmouth,NH; Kittery, York, Ogonquit and Kennebunkport,Maine, all of which had shopping, sightseeing and great restaurants. I would highly recommend it for terrific getaway.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2012
anne
"Charming Hotel"
We only stayed at the Wentworth for one night. Despite our short stay, our children used the indoor pool, we explored the gardens, and we had breakfast in the property's restaurant. Our children loved the pool, and we all wished we had the time to enjoy the outdoor pool. The gardens were beautiful as confirmed by the many people taking photos there. The breakfast was very good; the servers were exceptionally kind. The hotel is very close to Portsmouth and not too far from Hampton Beach to enjoy it as well. We very much enjoyed our stay.
1 night family trip Sep 2, 2012
Cindy

"良いホテルですが歴史が感じられず残念"
歴史のあるホテルであるのにも関わらず、現在的な高級リゾートホテルとして完全に生まれ変わってしまっている点が残念である。良いホテルであるが、料金も高いため料金に見合ったホテルというのが妥当な評価。
1 night family trip Aug 14, 2015
JP
"Top Hotel auf einer kleinen Insel"
Wenn man einige Tage in Hotels in Boston verbracht hat wirkt Wentworth by the Sea als Kontrapunkt absolut entspannend. Man hat die Chance Natur zu geniessen aber selbst Power-Shopper kommen im nahe gelegenen Kittdry Factory Outlet auf Ihre Kosten.
Other trip Apr 25, 2014
DE
"Best of the best"
Zum Ausklang unserer New England Reise waren wir 4 Nächte im Wentworth by the Sea. Alles an diesem Hotel ist Superklasse, wir können den Aufenthalt dort uneingeschränkt empfehlen.
4 night trip Sep 29, 2013
Ulrich
DE
Très bonne impression, le service est excellent, les personnes sont courtoises mais la chambre était trop petite vs le prix
1 night family trip May 18, 2013