All hotels in Freeport, Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas
You can collect Welcome Rewards® nights hereSea Horse Lane, Lucaya, Freeport, Grand Bahama, Bahamas, ‏‎800-491-6126

The food was marginal at all locations in the hotel except for Churchill's, which was fantastic.
3 night trip Aug 28, 2014
School had already started in most places so this seemed to be the start of the offseason. The good part was that it was not crowded. The bad part was that many of the hotel's restaurants were closed. Fortunately, our reservation was not all inclusive, so we had the option of going to restaurants nearby. We heard from a few people who had all inclusive reservations and they were very disappointed because options were few. Liked the fact that there was not a loud crowd or a lot of loud music. We are in our 50's and just wanted a restful trip.
Other trip Aug 27, 2014
"Comfortable, Friendly Stay"
We enjoyed our short stay. Everything was clean and convenient. The one thing I would ask for if we should return was having a room that was not next to the elevator. We heard it all night long as it went constantly up and down. Pleasant staff. The restaurants on the grounds were excellent.
2 night trip Aug 21, 2014
5 star resort but the rooms are outdated but clean and spacious ,we upgraded to ocean front totally worth the money the market is cute and casino chilled and fun
1 night trip Aug 18, 2014
The Grand Lucayan is the place to stay in Freeport. BUT!!!!! The pools and beach are beautiful and the mood is great for relaxing. However, the service is slower than island time on a weekend! We had to wait in line to check in for over 1/2 hour and we were helped because I opened my mouth. Then, after waiting until at 2 pm, we were told the room wasn't ready and were given a buzzer as if editing for a table at a restsurant. We were not buzzed and had to go back to the front desk and be pushy to not have to wait in line again. The room was beautiful once it was assigned. The Saturday evening beach BBQ/bonfire food was great as were our second and third morning breakfasts & Sunday brunch BUT the food served around the pool was terrible!!!!! By the 3rd day, we gave up and I walked to the marketplace across the street to get us a pizza. The pool bar ran out of ice tea & fruit for drinks like daiquiris each day so we basically ate our lunch as someone ran across the hotel campus to get us drinks. Our first breakfast was at the fast cafe called Plantation Cafe. My muffin was a half frozen mass produced muffin you'd see at a convenience store and they didn't have the ingredients for the smoothie I ordered. So, after waiting 20 minutes, they gave me mango purée from the bar. Staff was slow but pleasant and the location is great, but don't have any expectations when it comes to a speedy check in or good food while sitting at the pool or beach.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Beautiful place"
The grounds are exceptionally beautiful ! Gorgeous winding pools, the beach is right there, lots of lounge chairs. The sand was groomed every morning. Port Lucaya was right across the street with great little shops and bars and restaurants. The dive shop UNEXSO was right across the street as well. It was nice being able to charge drinks and food to the room, so the need to carry cash was not there. Great location, the casino is right next door ! I love how the pools were always open, so you can swim at midnight if you want :)
Other trip Aug 15, 2014
Terr
"Tips Should Not be Included for Service like THAT"
Unfriendly staff, we were not allowed in the cigar bar because we had tank tops on! It's in the hotel lobby, we're registered guests and no other bar was open. Garbage. The only great service we received was on our last day at an Italian restaurant called Cappuccino out at the Marketplace. We tipped extra there and lingered as long as possible. The AC was broken in our room for 3 days and they charged us $25 to switch rooms." cigar bar
Other trip Aug 13, 2014
"Nice hotel but don't arrive early!"
Hotel was great, nice room and very friendly staff. However do not arrive early, check in is at 3pm and it is crazy busy due to the Cruise ship customers. I arrived at 12:45pm and didn't get my room until 4.45pm. Also I would highly advise getting the all inclusive deals as food and drink in the hotel can be expensive and the all inclusive works out cheaper if you plan to eat in the hotel. However there are plenty of bars and restaurants outside at Lucayan Market Place and even a Casino if you feel lucky! I would definitely stay again!
1 night trip Aug 10, 2014
Rob
"Complete vacation getaway"
The Grand Lucayan is a beautiful resort. My husband and I went for our anniversary and we loved it! My favorite view was of the Serpentine pool that curves to look as if it was falling off straight into the ocean. The resort was complete with swim up bars, casinos, restaurants and my fav was the Marketplace within about 5 minutes walking distance. It has a downtown feel with shops, bars, and live entertainment. But if you want to really get away take advantage of the different excursions you can purchase at the resorts business center such as the many tours of the beautiful Island, Bon Fire on the beach was a ton of fun, the carnivals etc.
Other trip Aug 12, 2014
Grace
"Beautiful location!"
The hotel beaches are excellent with plenty of room and lots of activities close by. The hotel food isn't good, but the markwtplace nearby has a lot to offer. All around a good hotel with great scenery. And for those who like the gym an awesome gym area! Rooms were ok with plumbing issues in the shower...
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
ken
"Nicest hotel in Freeport on a beach"
Excellent facilities - very nice beach and pool. Facility is well kept and has helpful staff. Parties and events are well run.
Other trip Aug 11, 2014
Slick
Its was fell with tranquility The restaurants were awesome I love the beach and water sport activities
Other trip Aug 9, 2014
"Great neighborhood"
Hotel staff was as nice as could be. Great pool and beach area. A two minute walk to more shops and restaurants then you could eat at in a week. Evening music, everything a Island vacation should be.
2 night trip Aug 1, 2014
Phil
A little very expensive. The hotel need more front decks personal for registration, and a longer line of people wetting . More of one hour for registered. More personal need in the restaurant. 45 minutes wetting for a omelet preparation in the breakfast. No shows, no music. Very expensive the "all included". If you check out is 11, but your fly is 7:00 PM the hotel don,t offer alternatives for whom need to stay all this time. Thanks.
1 night trip Aug 2, 2014
Gabriel Rojas
"Great hotel close to everything!"
Great hotel close to beach, bars, restaurants with super friendly and professional staff. Fantastic accommodations and service. Would definitely stay there again. Especially recommend the restaurant Churchill's at the hotel and the breakfast buffet at Willy Broadleaf.
"Excellent staff. Beautiful setting.Well maintained"
The staff are excellent - very friendly and courteous. Inga (Yes, a Scandanavian name!) at the front desk was very welcoming and went out of her way to provide outstanding service. Somebody please give her a promotion or a raise. She is a find. It is people like her and the overall experience they provide that brings repeat clients. The room was great with a good view of the ocean - very clean and well maintained. The facilities in general are excellent.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
Hotel staff very polite and helpful. Hotel looks a little tired in places but great facilities.
Other trip Jul 30, 2014
"Don't ever change."
This place is beautiful and full of activities for young and old. Hopefully it won't be gobbled up into the all inclusive racket....
Other trip Jul 29, 2014
Gladys
Hotel is nice, nothing to do at night, nothing at all, no music on lobby, no shows, beach is good and pool, the room is ok, i was really mad they didnt want to give me an upgrade room eventhought the hotel was showing in expedia as an vip hotel
Other trip Jul 27, 2014
lorenzo
"Prepare for a long wait at check in."
Had to wait in line over 35minutes to check in with only four families checking in. Three desks were open checking in the three families ahead of us. Spoke to the Duty Manager about the wait time. He did not see the wait time as an issue and did not seem to care. I asked for the Manager to contact me. When this did not happen after two days, I had to follow up myself. Very poor first impression.
6 night family trip Jul 14, 2014
"Good last minute deal"
It is not the first time I stayed at the Grand Lucayan. Always a comfortable stay. The only thing is the the Lucaya shopping and restaurant area is not as it used to be. A lot of them closed. Hope this changes over the next years to come. The restaurants on the property of the Grand Lucayan are the place to go now. All relatively new.
1 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
Hotel was nice.. when we checked in the room they gave us was dirty..the floor was not vacumed. they did give us another room that was clean. The blow dryer did not work, had to call down to get them to get me another one. The staff was very friendly. The service to some of the food places was slow and not staffed well. Loved the pool and the area where hotel was located, close to restaurants and shops
Other trip Jul 21, 2014
May
"Grand Lucaya well worth staying"
HOTEL had plenty of amenities. Close to Port Lucaya Marketplace, which had more restaurants open than when we were there a year ago. Nice casino nearby. Beautiful beach.
2 night family trip Jul 11, 2014
"Great hotel on beach"
They let us check in over 2 hours early, our room was beautiful with great ocean view. Staff was very efficient and friendly. Went for a wedding and everything went perfectly. Will come back again and recommend to friends.
Other trip Jul 14, 2014
love to travel
Great Hotel next to Port Lucayan. Pools and SPA are not to miss.
Other trip Jul 11, 2014
"Family oriented resort- quantity not quality"
Just not what we were looking for. Waited over 30 minutes to check in. Towels for pool unavailable before 9am. Luggage service very slow. The atmosphere of the hotel just uninspired and dull.
Other trip Jul 9, 2014
Caribbean trave
"Nice surprise"
My stay was great. When something went wrong, something went right. I booked a king bed and when I checked in they gave me 2 doubles. They said they do not guarantee the beds, but a king just became available and that room was more to my liking. I went to the dive shop across the street to book a dive, but they were full. So I went to the tour desk in the hotel and was booked on a dive in the next hour. The landscaping is nice, the fitness center, the beach, the pools all great. There were many choices of places to eat at the hotel or the market place across the street. There is even a Pizza Hut, Dominos, and a Subway. I ate at the Hotel and the local spots, but my american tastebuds did not quite jump for joy. It was edible, but my tastebuds have been trained for years. They have contintental type buffets and many seafood options. I only stayed 3 nights so I did not have much time to experiment. I would go again just for the diving, an eco tour, and more lounging by the pool/beach. They have a cigar bar called Havana Cay. If you like Cubans you can get them and a cocktail after dinner here.
Other trip Jul 8, 2014
Requested king beds however we got double beds. Hotel staff stated beds we not gteed.
2 night family trip Jul 4, 2014
"Hotel right on the beach"
Everyone was very nice, clean facilities great pool areas
Other trip Jul 6, 2014
"Do I have to help the tourists???"
The hotel is ok. It would have been much better if not for the unhelpful and almost sullen staff who seemed to be trapped in their probably low paying jobs and took it otr on the hotel guests. They were very unhelpful and most of the time just looked at you when you asked a question. So sad and rather pathetic and their unhappiness in their jobs was a direct reflection on the hotel. Perhaps some training and better selection of employees would help.
Other trip Jul 2, 2014
"Hotel is right on a beautiful beach."
Generally very positive. Ocean very calm, much like a swimming pool.
Other trip Jun 29, 2014
"Perfect location on the beach."
Honeymoon getaway. R and R yet plenty to do and see.
Other trip Jun 28, 2014
denny
"charged twice"
When I checked in the hotel they did not find the reservation and charged me full amount of money for the stay, means I paid twice.You have to verify from the hotel, that when I checked in, and argued regarding the reservation. She told me, she did not find this reservation.
2 night trip Jun 5, 2014
mukhtar Khan
"nice"
All went well and everything was nice... is missing some of the extra of resort properties.
1 night trip Jun 19, 2014
JG
Staff was very rude in all aspects but the hotel, room, and beach/grounds were great n
Other trip Jun 25, 2014
"Second time was as great as the first!"
This was our second stay here and we still love it! Beautiful, clean resort with great staff. Food wasn't as good as last time but there are good options with in walking distance. The only thing we didn't like was a large group of young kids that came in on a bus. They were loud and screamed profanity almost non-stop. Luckily they checked out in 3 days and it was back to beautiful, relaxing bliss. I hope the hotel doesn't continue to book those kinds of groups... They were pretty obnoxious. I will ask if there is anything like that scheduled when we go back. I can't wait until next time.
Other trip Jun 20, 2014
Joey
"Gorgeous beach. Walk to port Lucaya"
What a pleasant surprise! Amazing location. Great staff. Ridiculously expensive resort few was our only complaint. We will probably come back if they adjust that.
1 night business trip Jun 15, 2014
JP
"great location"
We enjoyed our stay and as we became more familiar with the surrounding areas it was even better. The view from our room was spectacular !!
2 night trip Jun 12, 2014
Charlie
"Horrific Hotel"
If you want a grade d hotel with no service, this is the place for you. There is no service on the beach or by the pool. If you want an umbrella to shade the sun better go somewhere else. You have to wear a plastic wristband your entire stay. The food at the hotel is basicly inedible. I guess if you want to be drunk and act like a child this place might work. The keys to the rooms were broken half the time and the walk from the room to the front desk is 1/4 mile.The last time I was in Lucuya was 1974. Boy I wish that hotel was there now. I believe this hotel was once a Westin, they through them out, then a Radisson, and they through them out now the "Grand Lucuyan" well it's anything but grand. The worst hotel I have ever stayed. Maybe it's because I am used to minimum 4 star hotels. I wouldn't give this hotel 2 stars.
2 night trip Jun 7, 2014
World Travelor
We missed our boat and didn't actually get to stay. We did stop by and would like to stay on our next trip over.
Other trip Jun 10, 2014
Missed the Boat
"Grand Lucayan Indeed"
Great hotel, location, stay. Will definitely stay again.
1 night business trip May 29, 2014
Janice G.
"Great hotel right on the beach"
Everything was fantastic...the all inclusive was well worth it.
Other trip May 28, 2014
d
I paid extra for an ocean view and queen size bed. When arrived they said they only have rooms with double beds. After waiting 1 hour they finally had a room with a queen & " ocean view"....the room did not face the ocean at all, it was on the side of the building and faced a security booth where the guards just stared at us every time we got near the balcony. Couldn't even see the water. Room 202.
Other trip May 26, 2014
dom
"Very Impressed"
Was a little worried after reading some of the other reviews. Cab was $28 from the airport. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful although it did take a while to get checked in, it was shorter than the Atlantis would have been. This island and area has a completely different vibe from Atlantis. I liked it just as much and for 1/3 of the price(minus water park). Very nice hotel. Perfect sized casino with a 7pm nightly poker tourney. Great shop and food area across the street at the marina. Won't need a car here. Really enjoyable experiance.
Other trip May 26, 2014
"Over all excellent trip"
The hotel and the total trip experience were excellent. Surrounding area restaurants and shops were very good.Our second time at this hotel and we would definitely return.
2 night trip May 22, 2014
Rosalie Demrtino
"Good resort and good location"
Me and my wife went here for our honey moon and we had a great time. It has a huge pool area and it's right on the beach. Also it's right across the street from a market place that has places to shop and restaurants to eat. Also just some advice..you'll save a good bit of money eating across the street at the restaurants. The drinks and food is a lot cheaper. There is plenty of water sports and activities to do at the resort. Overall me and my wife had a great time and we can't wait to go again.
Other trip May 19, 2014
AJ
"Don't get the meal plan."
The hotel was nice, but don't spend money on the meal plan. The resturants have limited selections. Only the breakfast buffet was worth the money. We ate most meals at the market across the street.
Other trip May 17, 2014
"Beautiful Resort, wonderful people"
Went for a wedding, the resort is beautiful, the grounds are well kept. it is across the street from the Lucaya market place, so the location is perfect. my only problem was that they have many many many different wireless access points, so if you are using the Wifi you would have to connect to the one in your area and could not just stay connected to the same network the whole time.
3 night trip with friends May 8, 2014
"Hotel grounds beautiful."
We arrived via taxi from the airport. The main lobby was very modern looking ( too bad the rooms aren't as modern) Check in was painless ( I was worried looking at reviews) But there weren't too many people checking in at the same time we were. Bell man was very helpful explaining the grounds to us. I was disappointed in the suite compared to what it looked like online vs. real thing. Online photos are much more appealing.
Other trip May 15, 2014
Sands
"Great location?"
they didn't give us the room we booked on expedia.com . when we asked the guy in the front desk to change the room he told us that there was no guarantee to get the room you booked. we asked to talk to the manager. the manager was helpful and provided us the room we asked for but of course it took us 1 hour to figure things out. in addition even it is said that the hotel is in a great location, there is nothing to do on the island. after 10pm there is no place to eat. despite all these disappointments the sea is really beautiful.
Other trip May 14, 2014