All hotels in Seattle, Washington, United States of America

Service is adequate
    Food is not good
  • Bar
    Bar is not good
"Close enough to downtown Seattle"
In general the Northgate neighborhood and the state of the hotel and it's general demeanor was disappointing.
Other trip Feb 23, 2015
"Did not feel safe"
Rough neighborhood. We were very concerned about our car. Hotel is located behind the projects.
1 night romance trip Feb 16, 2015
Ken
"You need to plumb yourself"
We stayed there for one night. The shower drain was clogged when we start using shower. The hotel staff asked us to go downstairs, pick up the tool, plumb ourselves with all the hairs and other stuff, then go downstairs and return the tool. We did get refund, but won't recommend
Other trip Feb 14, 2015
"Economy Rate = Economy Room"
Overall stay was OK. No frills / No excitement Room was very bare, but clean. We had to ask for every extra at the fron desk - coffee, coffee pot, glasses, cups, towels, shampoo.....
Other trip Feb 13, 2015
R
good hotel, free parkin g is important in Seattle. and I like the kitchen very much, we enjoy the cooking crab there.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our free parking as well as your fully-equipped kitchen in your room. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Shi
"Highly Disappointed"
I've never done a review before but was so unhappy with my accomodations, it is worthy of my time. My 'non smoking' room was so heavy with the smell of smoke that I had trouble breathing. I changed in to pj's to start my business homework and when I went to use the kitchenette to make my soup I discovered all cupboards were bare- not even a coffee pot. There is a sign indicating that you can call the front desk for whatever you need, I did so, and was told to come and get it myself. The smoke detector had green flashing lights that made the room glow all night, in particular with the reflections in the pictures on the walls- therefore to sleep I put a pillow over my head. I then was awakened again at 3am to a drunk couple fighting outside my room for about 1/2hr. Nothing about this stay was pleasant.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Seana - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the heavy smoke smell in your non-smoking room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that our staff did not deliver your kitchen supplies to your room. I discussed your comments with our staff and we are training staff accordingly. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
1 night business trip Nov 12, 2014
Seana
"Good Hotel, Good Location"
The Aloft Bolingbrook is a nice hotel situated near the Promenade shopping center. It is a fun place to stay, although there are a few things about the hotel that keep it from being outstanding. One such thing is that there is no real closet space in the hotel. There is a small place to hang a few items, and that cupboard-like area is enclosed by what looks like a shower curtain. It just seems a bit tacky. Also, the cow print over the bed is an odd choice. Finally, the t.v. system is slow to respond, which makes it clunky and a little less than fun to use.
Other trip Oct 29, 2014
It was okay for price and location. It seemed understaffed during the check-in process.
Other trip Oct 27, 2014
"Great Experience"
Stayed overnight after an airport trip - excellent service and staff. Older building, but well cared- for. Those who complained about no pans in the kitchen seemed to have missed the card right on the counter with info: packages are sent up with a quick call to the lobby. In today's environment, that makes perfect sense. To understand the level of commitment, simply note the management responses to customer concerns. Most of the lesser establishments on Expedia do not bother to make this effort. I didn't even realize participating hotels had the option to reply! It's the main reason I decided to book a room, and I'm glad I did!
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that the staff was welcoming and helpful, and that you appreciated our new kitchen equipment delivery process. The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look very much forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Other trip Oct 21, 2014
Vincent
"Decent"
Better than Motel 6 but lagging in quality. Kitchen was minus dinnerware and cups. No coffee pot and front desk had no coffee after 10am
Other trip Oct 17, 2014
brandon
"Won't recommend as they don't have scheduled servi"
I was in hotel for 3 nights. I don't know if it is franchise policy or just this hotel policy, but they don't have a daily room cleaning service. They won't put new towels or any other cosmetics. You have to go down and get it from front desk. If you want it done daily, then there is extra charge. Seems ridiculous to me.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am happy to read your remarks about our location; however, I am very sorry that you were not pleased with our housekeeping service. Your feedback on this matter will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Other trip Oct 8, 2014
We had requested connecting rooms but my parents were clear down the hallway. There was not a single glass or cup in the room; it was necessary to request these and the coffee maker from the Front Desk. The coffee maker did not work so we waited for the coffee/tea to be provided by the Hotel. It appears routine maintenance is not done at this facility, i.e. the fridge was chipped and the bathroom plumbing was missing caps on the faucets and there were no knobs on the stove! ?? My cousins' room had hair (not theirs') in the bathtub and the inside of our shower curtain also had hair on it (again, not ours'). We had a non smoking room but when we turned on the bathroom light a fan automatically came on which appeared to pull air from areas where smoking was permitted and subsequently our room then smelled like cigarette smoke. My parents were not provided washcloths with their towel supply so we had many issues that are surprising in a Hotel where better amenities are expected. The hotel staff was very accommodating though and provided directions and printed maps; we also appreciated the coffee/tea, fresh fruit and breakfast bars that were provided in the morning. It was very simple "grab and go" choices but we were glad to have that available for us as we stayed just one night and did not have groceries in our room.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very disappointed that you had so many issues with your stay. The maintenance problems you mentioned are unacceptable, as well as the lack of cleanliness in the room. I apologize that you didn't have the dishes you anticipated in your room upon arrival and that you were not provided with connecting rooms as you had requested. I understand that this was a great inconvenience to your group. Please accept my apology. To prevent this from happening again, our staff has been made aware of your comments and are being trained accordingly. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip Oct 5, 2014
Mrs.
"."
The room was not cleaned at the scheduled time. Toilet paper was not added.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that your room was not ready at check in time and there was not any toilet paper in your room. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are training our staff accordingly. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.
Other trip Oct 3, 2014
Hisdi
"Horrible"
My hotel room was dirty, and smelled like urine and cigarette smoke . Wanted to do laundry-2 out of 6 dryers worked and the soap dispenser was broken. The staff was inattentive.The breakfast to go area was dirty every morning. We left early-couldn't stay for our full 3 nights.
3 night trip Sep 24, 2014
"Decent hotel in North Seattle / Bitter Lake area"
Convenient location and reasonably priced hotel. The facilities and rooms were well maintained and quite clean. The kitchenette was in good order and they provide a "box" of kitchenware upon request.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location and that you found us to be a great value. As well, I am happy that you enjoyed your in-room kitchen. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip Sep 17, 2014
Thom
"Great Stay!"
Service was great. Free breakfast! No room cleanup due to only staying 2 nights but can request to clean.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you so much for posting a review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our grab-and-go breakfast and the great service you received during your stay. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
2 night trip with friends Sep 14, 2014
The hotel... well I would not recommended it. The hotel itself was clean and staff pleasant. However, as an "extended stay" hotel, I guess local organizations provide vouchers to homeless (which is great!!) but that meant I did not get much sleep. Lots of people and children loitering at all hours being very, very noisy. I got about 3 hours uninterrupted sleep. Nonetheless, my learning experience superseded my poor nights sleep :)
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I was disheartened to read that there were other patrons staying at our hotel that disrupted your stay. Please accept our apologies. Your comments were reviewed by the staff, and we will walk the property more frequently and monitor noise levels to make sure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 night business trip Sep 11, 2014
"Hot and Cold water reversed.in kitchenette"
Hot and Cold water connections reversed at kitchenette sink One door ifrom stairs to 2'ed floor hallway very squeaky and annoying.
Other trip Sep 14, 2014
Hal
If it was clean it would have been great. Room was dirty and even had a broken light bulb in a bedside lamp.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I apologize that the cleanliness of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen in the future. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hope that you will stay at our hotel, or any of our other brand locations in the future.
2 night trip with friends Sep 6, 2014
"All amenities you need plus more"
I had good experience very nice staff, room was really clean it felt like if i was home
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such lovely things about our staff and our facility. It's great to hear that my staff was so accommodating and that you felt like you were at home. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look very much forward to having you visit with us again in the future.
Other trip Sep 11, 2014
liseth alfaro
I don't like that everything was an ad on even housekeeping. Which should be included for the money. We had to go to the desk to get clean sheets and towels.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies that you found our housekeeping policy so inconvenient. Your feedback on this matter will be helpful to us as my staff and I continually work to improve our guest experience. We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
4 night trip Sep 4, 2014
It was fine. Staff was helpful and courteous when AC unit did not function and had to change rooms.
8 night business trip Aug 21, 2014
Liz
"Where's the Hair Dryer???"
Seems like a good place to "make your own"; if you're planning a fairly long stay, however, you should know most everything is available upon asking, i.e. hair dryer, coffee pot, etc. are not included in the room. Staff at front desk were not on duty part of the time so we left our "key" on the front counter and left as we needed to head out to be at our next destination on time. Location was very convenient to just about everything and quiet.
2 night trip Aug 22, 2014
"convenient location"
Stayed for 4 nights. Housekeeping didn't touch room which is different but was okay with us.
Other trip Aug 19, 2014
Sj
"Not worth the price. Lacking ammenities."
The hotel was out of the way but near enough to most attractions. However all amenities were lacking. The bed was like sleeping on a marble slab. The wifi was spotty and would barely load google maps in less than 5 minutes. There was no breakfast to be found. They had coffee pots out but they were empty. They had baskets out for muffins and fruit but those were empty within the first hour of breakfast being offered. For an extended stay there were no cups, plates, extra towels, hair dryer, etc. available in the room. If you need these you have to track the office staff down and they might have some available. Also, if you want your room serviced there is an additional fee.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the breakfast was out of supplies within an hour of being put out. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have discussed with my staff the importance of keeping our grab-and-go breakfast items stocked to ensure your experience is not repeated. As well, I am sorry to read that our hotel's amenities and housekeeping policy did not meet your expectations. Your feedback on this issue will be useful to us as we continually work to improve our hotel. Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
3 night trip Aug 14, 2014
Ashleigh
"Better than I thought it was going to be."
It was updated more than I expected and when I checked in the front desk was very sweet and helpful.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Anna - Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad to read that you were pleased with our staff and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
3 night trip Aug 11, 2014
"No towels face cloths poor service"
Worst hotel I've stayed at service was non existent beds very uncomfortable
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The service and lack of towels you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be working with my staff to review our customer service standards and to ensure that we have towels and face cloths available at our front desk for guests. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Aug 18, 2014
ML
"Nexus Stay"
I generally enjoyed my stay at Nexus. The breakfast was good. The room was clean, but why they had someone fold the end of an existing toilet paper roll with only a few sheets on it instead of just replacing the roll with a new one seemed chintzy.
2 night trip Aug 14, 2014
"Not what expected"
I had to rent a last minute hotel and not much was available. This place looked nice enough. Soon as I checked in the girl at the counter was very rude and almost demanding! She didn't smile or say thank you. The rooms are clean and hotel is in good shape. This is an extended stay so there's a kitchen but no pots pans or utinsels, if you need these you have to check them out at the front counter. I've stayed at other similar hotels and they always include this stuff in the room. Also there was no soap shampoo or conditioner included in the room also no blow dryer.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Your comments in regards to the rooms being clean and in good shape are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you received such poor service from my staff. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I will be meeting with my staff to review customer service standards to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Aug 17, 2014
corey
"Not the best, but satisfied"
This wasn't the best stay we've had at Extended Stay Hotels, but it was good for what we needed. We had to go get all of our dishes, flatware, and hair dryer by a sort of "check out" system, which wasn't the most convenient situation. However, the hotel staff was friendly and helpful.
3 night trip Jul 30, 2014
"don't stay here"
Room smelled. Towels dingy. Blanket stained
4 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Cyndy Fretz
"Adequate and conveniently located (with a car)"
Having a kitchenette was a plus, the room was large, the TV good. It seemed to not have adequate investment in management and maintenance. Small things were not working and the breakfast was not funded properly.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Grandma Char
You can't beat a large fridge and a half kitchen for just over a hundred if your staying for a few days, but it is a drive from Seattle.
1 night trip Jul 27, 2014
"One night stay."
The stay was just fine. We were scheduled for a non-smoking room but got put into a smoking room. I let servise know and a move was immediately accommodated to a non-smoking room. Bed was a little uncomfortable but the price for one night made up for the lack of comfort. I would stay again.
1 night trip Jul 30, 2014
Michael B
Good stay for a reasonably priced room.
2 night business trip Jul 22, 2014
"Disappointed!"
Room was small and low end especially for the price. Loud fans and air flow but even more so was how loud all other outside noise....doors opening and closing people talking etc sounded like it was in the room! There were stains on bed comforter, but bed was very comfortable.
1 night trip Jul 20, 2014
Wished there were more nights available... Need more rooms
Other trip Jul 17, 2014
"Close to convention I was attending"
Great, wish there was a bigger variety of food for breakfast. Other than that my stay was perfect.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Kem - We want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies regarding the lack of variety at our grab-and-go breakfast. We will talk with our staff to ensure all of our items are available during the breakfast hours. Still, we are delighted to know that we were able to provide you with a perfect stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Other trip Jul 15, 2014
kem
I should have believed the review about the smell of cooking meat near dinner time every day. I'm vegetarian :(. The ventilation must be faulty.
2 night trip Jun 6, 2014
"Average hotel in old town"
We had a little trouble finding it, but when we did there was plenty of parking. It took a bit to check in because they were on the phone dealing with a customer. They were apologetic and nice.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Ava - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your quiet, comfortable room; however, we are sorry that check-in wasn't completed in a timely manner. We will be working with our front desk staff to make sure they are providing every guest with superior service. We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Ava
"College town area"
This was a nice hotel. It is about 12 miles from the main city limits and it is an older neighborhood near a college campus. The area looked a little sketchy at first, but it was fine. The hotel was comfy, quiet, and the staff was nice. If you don't like city noises, this will be the hotel for you, but if you are looking to walk from your hotel out onto the city streets and start exploring, it would be best to find another location.
1 night trip Jun 28, 2014
Mindy
"Okay but bare bones"
The building its self is okay, although my non-smoking room smelled like smoke. I was only there for one night but there was only one packet of dish soap and no toiletries provided and no coffee or tea in the lobby as described. There was coffee in the morning with no creamer and only one selection of tea - breakfast was a skimpy grab and go. And I had to flag someone down to check out early, there was no one at the desk and no bell. Overall the bed was comfy but the amenities weren't great, a little overpriced when other places provide more.
1 night business trip Jun 30, 2014
"Needs upgrading"
Not a fan of this hotel. They do not provide the basics that an extended stay should provide: tissues, hairdryer, coffee for more than one morning. I think you can get this at the desk, but when you are checking in later after a long flight (like I did), you are not thinking about that. So it was a surprise to wake up to the next morning. The place is not really clean either, there is residue on the sitting chair, and a ring of mildew at the top of the sink and showers. The pillows and towels are completely worn out, and look for hairs! I found some. The addition of going down a dodgy industrial street did not add to the charm.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. Please know that we are sincerely sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We offer personal care items like toiletries and hair dryers at the front desk for each guest. We do this to ensure that everything is meeting our standards and working properly. We also offer coffee each morning at our grab-and-go breakfast. We are sorry if you were not notified at check-in about all of our offerings. We will be working with our front desk staff to make sure each guest is properly informed and with our housekeeping staff to make sure each room is meeting out standards. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. We hope that you will return to our hotel in the future.
5 night business trip Jun 22, 2014
"Slightly scary hotel"
When we checked in, we were required to place a damage deposit on a credit card. Then we were required to list the name of each person in the room, including their signatures. I had never been asked to do that before. The desk clerk was not overly friendly. When entering our room, there were heavy cooking odors. My sister, who stayed on another floor, became concerned about a woman screaming at her child in the next room. The rooms were clean, but shabby and the breakfast was minimal. I would not recommend this hotel.
Other trip Jun 23, 2014
Aleta
"Good Basic Hotel"
We enjoyed our stay at this location. It's a bit off the main highways but was clean and the staff were attentive to our needs. Breakfast was a bit disappointing as it was grab and go type with little variety.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found your room to be clean and comfortable. We are also glad to hear that our staff provided you with the service that you deserved. We are disappointed that the grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations though. We are thankful for the feedback, as that helps us improve our hotel. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
6 night family trip Jun 11, 2014
"Just like home."
Very comfy and pleasant to stay in. having the kitchen and dishes helps save a lot of money. Seattle's restaurants are over-priced, and their freeways suck, so be careful out there. Anyway, back to the hotel review. Overall, this hotel is a great stay. It would have been perfect if it had a swimming pool.
Other trip Jun 14, 2014
Pelonster
"My 1st experience With Expedia and Extended Stay"
This was my 1st time using Expedia and Extended Stay America.We had booked for a late arrival and were actually given the wrong room type.The desk clerk said that we would have to contact Expedia to complain since I had booked thru them.I felt that since I hsf booked over a month in advance the hotel had ample time to assure I was given the right room.Other than that complaint and being booked for an extra night I couldn't use by Expedia I feel the room was comfortable and sufficient for my stay there.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Doyle - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Your comments in regards to your room being comfortable and sufficient for your needs are much appreciated; yet, I was disheartened to read that you were given the wrong room type. In response, I am reviewing our reservation procedures and working with them to ensure this type of situation is not repeated. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Other trip Jun 7, 2014
Doyle from Texa
"Convenient Location"
Air conditioner vents dirty, bed pillows smelled old like unwashed hair, it was quiet, staff friendly, clean bathroom, nice little breakfast setup
Other trip May 14, 2014
"Apparently, check in time means nothing"
I arrived at 3:30, which was 30 minutes after check in time. The room I reserved two days prior. i was going to set up my room for when my girlfriend. They said to come back in 30 minutes and the room would be ready. I waited 30 minutes, they never called back, so i showed up an hr and a half later. The room was STILL NOT CLEAN. i was given my key, i walked in, and garbage was around the room, the bathroom wasnt clean, and the tables were dirty. i laid down in bed with my gf to talk and catch up, then a girl barged in and started cleaning the room SIGNIFIGANTLY after i was already checked in. I wasnt comped for anything, which was angry about, and they never fully answered where the breakfast was even located. the wifi was slow, some channels didnt come in clearly, and the fridge apparently was also a freezer. (my fruits i purchased for her were frozen in the fridge) . This was a horrible stay.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
James - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for the booking issues you experienced during the check-in process and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
2 night romance trip May 3, 2014
The room was comfortable and clean. I would suggest that you provide Kleenex, a hair dryer and a shower cap in the future.
Response by Extended Stay America Seattle - Northgate
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
1 night trip Apr 30, 2014