All hotels in San Marcos, California, United States of America

"Wonderful!"
Loved this hotel!
1 night family trip Apr 12, 2016
Matci
"I wouldn't recommend this hotel."
There were 2 women working the front desk when I arrived both watched me carry my bags but neither walked to open the door or help. Nobody else was around, they were just chatting while watching me. I worked in service for years and this is appalling to me. My room was ground level and faced the parking lot similar to what you'd see for seedy hotel/motels. The door lock also didn’t have a doorstop or chain to provide additional security to the hotel guest. As a woman traveling alone this is scary. There were yellow streaks on the bathroom light switch as if someone ate mustard and used the light switch. It made me wonder what else didn't they clean. The shower didn't drain at all by the end of my shower I was standing in a few inches of water. There also wasn't a sleep timer on the TV. The WiFi didn’t work. I called in twice and was told it would be fixed, it was already late and I waited to hear back but eventually fell asleep. The next morning at 8:30a I called again and was told maintenance didn’t start work yet. I voice my concerns and the woman on the phone nicely offered me a free breakfast voucher and told me I could use it for room service for an entree. She transferred me to room service, I make my order and when they arrive I hand them the voucher. The server was clearly annoyed that I ordered room service with this voucher, apparently you're not allowed to use it for room service but that's what I was told so that wasn't my problem.
1 night business trip Mar 30, 2016
Julia
"Adult Summer Camp"
Our stay was great! We loved the nightly s'mores and activity offerings. The only thing that could have been better was the signal strength of the wifi. We will absolutely be coming back!
2 night romance trip Apr 1, 2016
"Location"
Excellent
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
Shacke
"Too short of a trip."
Front desk Staff was great. Bed was very comfortable. Wish I would have stayed longer.
1 night romance trip Apr 2, 2016
"Great for Family or couple get away"
Daniela was wonderful In changed our rooms so that they could be by the pool so I could watch my grandchildren The hotel was perfect to relax and close to both Legoland and the Zoo so we could easily get to both in a reasonable amount of time . Kids love making amores at night by the pool
1 night family trip Mar 31, 2016
Deborah
"Beautiful Hotel and Friendly Staff"
My wife and I stayed here for four nights as a casual birthday getaway. We requested a second-floor room after reading some of the other reviews so we have no complaints about people walking around. We could hear talking from the people in the room next to us, so the walls are definitely fairly thin. We also had a room overlooking the pool so it was pretty noisy when there were people there. We arrived early, around 1:00pm, but there was a room available so they let us check in right away. The staff were also more than happy answering questions about the area. We left our room keys in the room one night, and they happily gave us additional keys. The room was spotless and the bedding was well above average. My wife loved the feather pillows though I prefer slightly firmer pillows. Bathroom was huge with a large shower (no tub). The room itself was a little small (standard King) but has it's own patio/balcony with two chairs. The room had a refrigerator, which we weren't sure about as it wasn't listed on the amenities list. Decent-sized TV with DirecTV and hundreds of channels, nicer than most hotels. The closest shops/dining are about a mile away, everything around the hotel is residential neighborhoods. There's no sidewalk in the neighborhoods but there's not much traffic so you can walk along the street. The homes around the lake go all the way up to the water; you can't walk around the lake at all. We were very happy with the trip and would stay there again.
4 night romance trip Mar 21, 2016
"So close, yet a world away."
Only one night. Will come again.
1 night trip with friends Mar 19, 2016
Zoe
"Mr. And Mrs. H"
The Staff was very friendly courteous and professional. It was beautiful clean place and very relaxing to wake up with the view of the lake. Highly recommend it!!
2 night romance trip Mar 1, 2016
Ray
"Great little place to stay"
Good price and a quaint little place to stay
3 night business trip Feb 29, 2016
It was a very comfortable room. It is nestled in a cute little neighborhood but with plenty of food choices around. The only thing I didn't care for is since it was by the water, there were a lot of mosquitos coming in the door and a couple here and there would get into the room. Overall, I would stay here again. I would just ask for a room not so close to the outside door.
4 night business trip Feb 23, 2016
"Beautiful hotel but stay on the 2nd floor"
I wish I could have given this hotel 5 stars, and the only reason I gave it 4 is because we stayed on the 1st floor and could hear every step of the people above us. I had originally requested the 2nd floor in my booking but when we arrived, there was none available. You could hear the people walking above you terribly, the ceiling would crack in certain spots and you could hear every footstep. I wish the ceiling had more insulation because it was the only bad thing about this hotel. I had the lucky opportunity of the people above us waking up at 5am and walking around constantly. I was bummed because I really wanted to relax and sleep in but could not because of this. Other than that, the hotel was beautiful and everything else about it was awesome! I highly recommend staying here (on the 2nd floor though unless you can sleep through anything). The view was beautiful, the shower was great, bed was super comfortable.
1 night romance trip Feb 20, 2016
Natasha
"Fantastic Customer Service"
We were taking a short break for my birthday. We chose this hotel as it was close to the sites we were visiting. Daniella checked us in and was absolutely lovely. She upgraded us to a larger room and personally delivered ice cream and hot chocolate to our room when I missed the room service kitchen cut off. She also left a birthday card and smores in our room on my birthday. The staff were all wonderful and helpful. The amenities were great. The location was fantastic. I hope everyone has the good fortune of being greeted by Daniella. She really raises the bar in Customer Service.
2 night family trip Feb 15, 2016
"Modern Charmer!"
Very unique hotel tucked away at the lake resort. Upscale, very stylish decor. We loved the vibe. Beautiful views of the lake. Kids loved the pool. Stayed for Legoland, but would recommend more for a relaxing weekend getaway!
2 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
"Awesome property"
This is a wonderful property, many amenities and rentals available to take full advantage of the lake.
1 night business trip Feb 3, 2016
Judy
"love this place"
best place for a get away
1 night trip Feb 5, 2016
"No lake view but Nice room"
The hotel overall Looks great. The room was well maintained. I wished the description would've said inside view (parking really) because we would've spent that extra something to have a decent view. Otherwise it's just another nice room :/
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2016
"Loved this hotel"
We were in San Marcos to visit my husbands family and so that our 6 month old could meet his great grandparents before his second open heart surgery. My husband hates staying at big chain hotels so when I found this place, we didn't hesitate to book it. Had we had more time to save, we would have gotten a room that faced the lake but nonetheless, our standard room was still great. We loved the homey decor and immediately felt comfortable. I personally loved the fire pit out by the pool. Very relaxing. The only thing that might bother some people was there were a couple mosquitos in our room. No biggie to us because we live in a rural area, but that's what you get when you are next to a body of water.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2016
Kayla
"No soundproofing"
One can here all footsteps from the rooms above. The Wi-Fi is slow and cuts out. Rooms are only cleaned if requested but one is not informed of this at check-in. Only take a room on the upper level. Bathroom has only a small counter.
6 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Stuart W
"Quick Turnaround"
Sorry I can't add more, but this was a quick business trip. Each day I was out all day at meetings, returned to the hotel late, and didn't have a chance to really enjoy the accommodations and surrounding area. The hotel and my room was clean, comfortable and quiet; just what I was looking for and needed.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
"A gem"
Will definitely be back. Loved the hotel and location.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Matthew
"Best choice for N. San Diego County"
We have stayed here many times as we have relatives in the area. Lovely property - much different from ocean front properties, but good highway access to the beaches and all the north county San Diego family attractions. On-site fire pits and seating areas. I love the sounds of the ducks and swans - great very accommodating staff. Really nice lakeside property - some construction going on which will only make the area better. Go for the Lakefront units if you can afford it!
6 night family trip Jan 11, 2016
Angela
Great place to stay with the family. Room and grounds were quiet and well maintained. Room service was fast and yummy! Loved the little extras like smores at the fire pit by the pool and game to use in your room. Close to all the at attractions in north sd
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
"Relaxing weekend"
It was big and nice. The elevator permit should be current not expired,other than that i had a great stay
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Alicia
"Its a Motel"
As with most motels, the design is such that you pull in, park right in front of the door to the room and sleep. For that, this place works great. They try really hard to make this a Resort, Nice grounds, Friendly staff and initially you are happy with the view you paid extra for, unfortunately, there is no on site service and better leave the drapes shut tight as the balconies have Zero privacy. They placed a family next to us with the kids literally peering int our room talking with us, not the kids fault, it is as close as if we were the same room. So that "lake " view we paid extra for, by by now. The surrounding area is literally a senior center, great lace to visit grandma but do not plan on going out anywhere close. Bottom line is know what you are getting. A really nice Motel with a well maintained pool and grounds. You will be making new friends with whoever they put next to you. Do not expect privacy.
Family trip Jan 18, 2016
"Awesome"
Comfortable Noisey generator type noise in bathroom. No clue what it is. Room location? Otherwise it was perfect.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2016
"Nice Little Getaway"
Check in was super easy and the gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Enjoyed the experience!
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Heidi
"An In-town Treasure"
Our stay was for a brief in-town getaway to celebrate the New Year. The lake House is. . . almost outstanding. The amenities on site were great and the view from the room was beautiful (steps away from the lake and boat rentals). We had delicious room service that was reasonably priced. There were only two things that were less than a complete pleasure--the mattress was lumpy and had dips in it, and there was noise from the room above us (creaks whenever they walked around). We would definitely go back again, but next time we'll get an upstairs room.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
stayed in the cottage 2br - great view and wonderful. only complaint is that the HVAC had trouble controlling the BR temp without the BR doors open.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Shane
"Great view!"
Stayed here for a friend's wedding. Although my stay was short, I was very pleased with our room! So glad I chose the lakehouse lounge King room, not sure I would have been too happy with the view of the neighborhood. Beds are super comfortable and the hotel staff was so friendly! Just wish our wet bar would have come with some alcohol.
Other trip Jan 4, 2016
Ana
"Relaxing"
Relaxing
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
"Clean, classy, friendly"
Stayed here for one night to avoid driving a lot on new year's eve. Attended a party at our friend's place in Vista, and had a hard time wanting to leave the room! The next morning was lazy and wonderful. Great coffee was just steps away at the little cafe store. The room was tastefully decorated with comfortable furniture. Toiletries provided smelled very nice. Pools were heated, though we did not use them this time. You will enjoy your stay here.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Tracey
"Poor service"
Poor service. Stayed there for 3 nights. During 2nd night, the maid only replaced the towels but didn't make up the beds. Tips is also untaken. We were guessing if the maid didn't see the tips on the table or not? But regardless, our room should get serviced even without tips.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hancock
Probably OK in the summer months. Not a great option for any other time. It is for someone who is or wants to Cali and not go to the ocean. Which sounds a little hard to believe.
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"San Marcos Hideaway"
Very nice resort tucked away in San Marcos
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Nice hotel close to Escondido and Carlsbad."
At 9:15pm I checked in after a 10 hour drive from Northern California. Tanner, the desk manager was welcoming, but he didn't ask if I needed help w/luggage. My room was on the 2nd floor in Building 2 w/ no elevator. And as it was Christmas week, I wanted my luggage & Christmas packages moved from my car into my room. The year before, I'd experienced the same lack of porter help-so I was prepared to do the stairs several times rather than worry about leaving gifts in the car. Doing the stairs a half dozen times @ 9:15 pm especially after a long drive, is not mood enhancing activity. I would ask that management review their porter service policy. I had the same room as the previous year - then -the right wall lamp next to the bed didn't work & it didn't work this year (requested repair both years)! The heater is very noisy & the thermostat temperature read-out is in Celsius. A large cobweb appeared on the ceiling & wall over the bed -on my last night- I was too tired to call the desk. The hotel is in its own very safe neighborhood & away from freeway. Building 2 has been quiet both years & has easy access to hotel amenities. Parking is directly in front of the buildings; I was not disturbed by car noise. Finally it's a quick drive from The Lakehouse to San Marcos Restaurant Row, Oceanside & Escondido... as well as Legoland, Carlsbad and other beach towns. Discounting the porter & housekeeping issues, I would definitely recommend The Lakehous
Other trip Dec 30, 2015
"A great family or couples getaway!"
Great place! This was our third visit in the last 8 months. A great family or couples getaway!
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Relaxing lakeside view"
Fun place to just hang out, relax and go for a boat ride around the San Marcos Lake.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Holiday retreat"
Quiet and cozy
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Lesley
"Lovely Place to Stay"
All in all, my stay was fine. The only problem was that my room was cold and despite my mentioning that to the staff, it wasn't fixed until the night before I left.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Judith
"Quite and comfortable"
Normally I wouldn't stay at a place like this but I'm glad we did. Quite, comfortable and good room service at a decent price. Wifi was way slow and don't park anywhere near the sprinklers, I still can't get the spots out of my car.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
McKinley
A very pleasant surprise tucked away in San Marcos.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Abraham
"Satisfied Customer"
Thought to check this hotel out since it's a 4 star and for the rate it was going for on the day of my travel, it was a deal since this hotel usually charge $249/night on peak season. Hidden gem in San Marcos, CA. I will surely come back and stay here again. Love the firmness of the mattress, bathroom size is good too and you get an great view from your balcony too.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Veronica
"Sweet town great location!"
This is a great property and San Marcos is a lovely location. The rooms are updated with walk in showers and Keurigs for morning cofee. The lakefront view was a nice treat while on business travel. Wish I would have had more time to relax and enjoy here! A couple of things to note, the buildings are 2 story with exterior doors. If you prefer 2nd floor you have to walk up stairs with your bags. I was glad I just had a carry on :) The TV did not work, but they were quick to respond and ultimately I was moved to a room nearby.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Dawn
"Good stay but construction was noisy."
They are having construction near lake view area which is noisy during daytime. Other than that everything was great. Had a good time.
3 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
"Wish I could have stayed longer"
I wish I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel longer to enjoy its proximity to San Marcos Lake. They went with the nautical/boat house theme without being corny or cheesy. No detail was spared, and the facilities were very beautiful and modern.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Kristen
"Great place"
Everything was great. We will stay again next time.
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
"Quiet getaway..."
Love this little hidden gem. Nestled in the middle of a quiet neighborhood on the lake of San Marcos...such a relaxing environment. Definitely my go too when I'm in the area.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
Tania
"Awesome hotel"
Awesome hotel!!
3 night trip Oct 26, 2015
Awesome place to stay!!! Lots of room, nice walk in shower and beautiful decor.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2015