All hotels in San Marcos, California, United States of America
1025 La Bonita Drive, San Marcos, CA, 92078, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

Awesome vibe
    Great pool
    Food is all right
    Bad internet service
"No lake view but Nice room"
The hotel overall Looks great. The room was well maintained. I wished the description would've said inside view (parking really) because we would've spent that extra something to have a decent view. Otherwise it's just another nice room :/
1 night romance trip Feb 1, 2016
"Loved this hotel"
We were in San Marcos to visit my husbands family and so that our 6 month old could meet his great grandparents before his second open heart surgery. My husband hates staying at big chain hotels so when I found this place, we didn't hesitate to book it. Had we had more time to save, we would have gotten a room that faced the lake but nonetheless, our standard room was still great. We loved the homey decor and immediately felt comfortable. I personally loved the fire pit out by the pool. Very relaxing. The only thing that might bother some people was there were a couple mosquitos in our room. No biggie to us because we live in a rural area, but that's what you get when you are next to a body of water.
2 night family trip Jan 25, 2016
Kayla
"No soundproofing"
One can here all footsteps from the rooms above. The Wi-Fi is slow and cuts out. Rooms are only cleaned if requested but one is not informed of this at check-in. Only take a room on the upper level. Bathroom has only a small counter.
6 night romance trip Jan 26, 2016
Stuart W
"Quick Turnaround"
Sorry I can't add more, but this was a quick business trip. Each day I was out all day at meetings, returned to the hotel late, and didn't have a chance to really enjoy the accommodations and surrounding area. The hotel and my room was clean, comfortable and quiet; just what I was looking for and needed.
2 night business trip Jan 18, 2016
"A gem"
Will definitely be back. Loved the hotel and location.
1 night romance trip Jan 23, 2016
Matthew
"Best choice for N. San Diego County"
We have stayed here many times as we have relatives in the area. Lovely property - much different from ocean front properties, but good highway access to the beaches and all the north county San Diego family attractions. On-site fire pits and seating areas. I love the sounds of the ducks and swans - great very accommodating staff. Really nice lakeside property - some construction going on which will only make the area better. Go for the Lakefront units if you can afford it!
6 night family trip Jan 11, 2016
Angela
Great place to stay with the family. Room and grounds were quiet and well maintained. Room service was fast and yummy! Loved the little extras like smores at the fire pit by the pool and game to use in your room. Close to all the at attractions in north sd
2 night family trip Jan 16, 2016
"Relaxing weekend"
It was big and nice. The elevator permit should be current not expired,other than that i had a great stay
1 night romance trip Jan 16, 2016
Alicia
"Awesome"
Comfortable Noisey generator type noise in bathroom. No clue what it is. Room location? Otherwise it was perfect.
1 night trip Jan 13, 2016
"Nice Little Getaway"
Check in was super easy and the gentleman at the front desk couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful. Enjoyed the experience!
1 night romance trip Jan 9, 2016
Heidi
"An In-town Treasure"
Our stay was for a brief in-town getaway to celebrate the New Year. The lake House is. . . almost outstanding. The amenities on site were great and the view from the room was beautiful (steps away from the lake and boat rentals). We had delicious room service that was reasonably priced. There were only two things that were less than a complete pleasure--the mattress was lumpy and had dips in it, and there was noise from the room above us (creaks whenever they walked around). We would definitely go back again, but next time we'll get an upstairs room.
2 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
stayed in the cottage 2br - great view and wonderful. only complaint is that the HVAC had trouble controlling the BR temp without the BR doors open.
2 night family trip Jan 1, 2016
Shane
"Relaxing"
Relaxing
1 night family trip Dec 31, 2015
"Clean, classy, friendly"
Stayed here for one night to avoid driving a lot on new year's eve. Attended a party at our friend's place in Vista, and had a hard time wanting to leave the room! The next morning was lazy and wonderful. Great coffee was just steps away at the little cafe store. The room was tastefully decorated with comfortable furniture. Toiletries provided smelled very nice. Pools were heated, though we did not use them this time. You will enjoy your stay here.
1 night romance trip Dec 31, 2015
Tracey
"Poor service"
Poor service. Stayed there for 3 nights. During 2nd night, the maid only replaced the towels but didn't make up the beds. Tips is also untaken. We were guessing if the maid didn't see the tips on the table or not? But regardless, our room should get serviced even without tips.
3 night family trip Dec 28, 2015
Hancock
"San Marcos Hideaway"
Very nice resort tucked away in San Marcos
1 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"A great family or couples getaway!"
Great place! This was our third visit in the last 8 months. A great family or couples getaway!
3 night family trip Dec 24, 2015
"Relaxing lakeside view"
Fun place to just hang out, relax and go for a boat ride around the San Marcos Lake.
1 night family trip Dec 5, 2015
"Holiday retreat"
Quiet and cozy
2 night romance trip Nov 26, 2015
Lesley
"Lovely Place to Stay"
All in all, my stay was fine. The only problem was that my room was cold and despite my mentioning that to the staff, it wasn't fixed until the night before I left.
3 night family trip Nov 24, 2015
Judith
"Quite and comfortable"
Normally I wouldn't stay at a place like this but I'm glad we did. Quite, comfortable and good room service at a decent price. Wifi was way slow and don't park anywhere near the sprinklers, I still can't get the spots out of my car.
2 night family trip Nov 21, 2015
McKinley
A very pleasant surprise tucked away in San Marcos.
1 night romance trip Nov 18, 2015
Abraham
"Satisfied Customer"
Thought to check this hotel out since it's a 4 star and for the rate it was going for on the day of my travel, it was a deal since this hotel usually charge $249/night on peak season. Hidden gem in San Marcos, CA. I will surely come back and stay here again. Love the firmness of the mattress, bathroom size is good too and you get an great view from your balcony too.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Veronica
"Sweet town great location!"
This is a great property and San Marcos is a lovely location. The rooms are updated with walk in showers and Keurigs for morning cofee. The lakefront view was a nice treat while on business travel. Wish I would have had more time to relax and enjoy here! A couple of things to note, the buildings are 2 story with exterior doors. If you prefer 2nd floor you have to walk up stairs with your bags. I was glad I just had a carry on :) The TV did not work, but they were quick to respond and ultimately I was moved to a room nearby.
1 night business trip Nov 17, 2015
Dawn
"Good stay but construction was noisy."
They are having construction near lake view area which is noisy during daytime. Other than that everything was great. Had a good time.
3 night trip with friends Oct 29, 2015
"Wish I could have stayed longer"
I wish I had the opportunity to stay at the hotel longer to enjoy its proximity to San Marcos Lake. They went with the nautical/boat house theme without being corny or cheesy. No detail was spared, and the facilities were very beautiful and modern.
1 night business trip Nov 2, 2015
Kristen
"Great place"
Everything was great. We will stay again next time.
2 night family trip Oct 29, 2015
"Quiet getaway..."
Love this little hidden gem. Nestled in the middle of a quiet neighborhood on the lake of San Marcos...such a relaxing environment. Definitely my go too when I'm in the area.
1 night business trip Oct 29, 2015
Tania
"Awesome hotel"
Awesome hotel!!
3 night trip Oct 26, 2015
Awesome place to stay!!! Lots of room, nice walk in shower and beautiful decor.
1 night trip Oct 29, 2015
"Beautiful family friendly lakeside resort"
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Lakehouse and can't wait to return again. The staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, modern, comfortable with beautiful views of the glistening lake. We enjoyed afternoon appetizers delivered to the pool and a delicious breakfast delivered to our room. I highly recommend renting a boat for a sunset cruise. We hooked up our blue tooth and kids and adults enjoyed cruising around the lake feeding the swans and ducks.
Other trip Oct 30, 2015
christie
"Luxurious accommodations"
I stayed here in a room block for a friend's wedding that was taking place nearby. If you're in the area to golf or attend a function, this is a great spot. Lovely, spacious rooms, modern decor and comfortable furnishings. It's ideally situated on the lake, perfect for a stroll or a bike ride. The area itself is rather remote, with not much in walking distance. Nonetheless, the hotel is beautiful and a great spot for a stay if you have plans in San Marcos.
1 night trip with friends Oct 17, 2015
Lilianna
"Hidden Treasurer"
Beautiful Hotel. Went to a sewing class in San Marcos and stayed here. The room was BEAUTIFUL. They are in the process of adding a new building, but the construction did not hinder my stay. The room was clean and fresh. I like staying in boutique hotels and this one was spot on.
3 night trip Oct 14, 2015
Shelli
"Thin walls funny smell"
Room had a stale smell and had motel thin walls.
1 night family trip Oct 13, 2015
For our purposes this hotel was convenient to visit our family in nearby Escondido and to have them visit us for a fun time in the pool. The staff was courteous, more than willing to help with any questions we had. The housekeeping staff was thorough and accommodating as could be. The grounds and pool area were well maintained. Walking paths and sidewalks were a clean and safe method to yet exercise as well. However the lighting was nonexistent over the mirrors making shaving and hairstyling, etc. impossible. Although the decor in the bathroom was current and trendy, the only way to turn on the shower head was to actually enter the stall thus becoming soaked in cold water while attempting to adjust the temperature. The pillows choices could include a softer version as well. The fact that there is no on site laundry made a five night stay quite inconvenient. Over all our stay was satisfactory.
6 night family trip Oct 11, 2015
jane
"Beautiful hotel - very friendly"
This is a well kept clean beautiful hotel. The staff was very friendly, and let us check in early. The rooms were clean with white linens. The beds were temperpedic, I think, which some people love. I did not see any bugs - that was a concern reading other reviews. We had a balcony that looked out at the water. We had a 2nd floor room, and did not have problems with noise, which I had also read reviews about. They had free smores at night. There was ample parking right by our room. There were 2 pools - seemed like the upper pool was more adult - with people drinking, and the lower pool was family oriented, although they were right next to eachother. I would definitely like to come here again!
Other trip Oct 13, 2015
Cindy
"Relaxing Stay - Close to Breweries, Great Design"
We had a great stay at the Lake House Hotel - it was very clean, the customer service was excellent (we got there 4 hours before check in and there wasn't a room available, so they gave us a key with pool access so we were able to relax at the pool until the room was ready!). LOVE LOVE LOVE the effort they've put into their design - lots of little touches to make our stay even better - robes, great bath amenities, chairs on the porch, fun music at the pool (they play music at the pool from 9a-9p so if that bothers you I would request to not have a pool view in building 2 (that's where some speakers are mounted) - it didn't bother us!). They have a poolside bar and you can order light snacks. The pool loungers, fire pit were really nice touches. We loved our stay and would definitely stay again if in the area. Uber ride to Stone brewery was $13.50.
1 night romance trip Sep 25, 2015
Kaylin
It was a great experience for me and my family. The hotel staff were polite and very helpful and the hotel room was well organized and very clean. The room we received also had a fantastic view of the lake. All in all, the hotel is in a great neighborhood and it is a great place to stay if you want quietness and peace.
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
Rodolfo
"Hidden gem on the lake!"
Very fun weekend getaway at this stylish resort. The whole family enjoyed it, including the dogs!
1 night family trip Sep 19, 2015
cindi
"Wonderful Weekend Getaway"
We are native Southern Californians who were looking to book a weekend getaway from our city life in Los Angeles. We had planned to attended a wedding on the Saturday weekend; however, we didn't want to stay in Temecula (where the ceremony was being held). Initially we were searchinh for possible places in San Diego but Expedia also suggested The LakeHouse Resort in San Marcos. This ended up being the perfect place for a quiet weekend. Also, we are both very active and the resort offered water activities as well as a nicely sized gym close by. The resort is also located close to several shopping centers with a plethora of dining and entertainment options. The room was was fairly spacious and we had a balcony that overlooked the pool, and the lake, which was an excellent location for reading in the evenings. We only had one small problem with a drunk guest making some noise in the hallway around midnight on Saturday (shortly after we arrived home from the wedding), but the staff was excellent and sent someone up right away to sort the situation out. Definitely will be returning in the future and recommending this place to our friends!
Other trip Sep 12, 2015
Kirsten S.
"Great place and view"
we stayed at this hotel because of the great reviews it had and we weren't disappointed. very clean room and very comfy. it was a little small but enough for the both of us. i would definitely recommend and stay there again next time is visit California
4 night romance trip Aug 31, 2015
Gerardo
"week end get away."
had a great time on the lake. miss not having a restaurant on site. overall would come back..
2 night romance trip Aug 28, 2015
"Great relaxing stay at this hotel"
Pricey hotel but worth the money. Hotel staff were all extremely nice and helpful. Rooms were very modern and comfortable. Pools were clean and fun. The hotel overall was very lax in their rules and regulations which was a pleasant surprise. Pools stayed open late and our boat rental was an hour over without being charged. Close to freeways and lots of great eating but a beautiful location that makes you feel away from it all.
1 night family trip Aug 27, 2015
Victoria
"amazing stay"
Perfect anniversary get away. The staff sleazy polite and professional, the room was clean and the best was so comfortable. I asked for a little something during check in for our anniversary, and since they allowed us to check in early I thought they forgot. We went for a walk of the resort and when we came back to the room there was a meat and cheese platter with a bottle of champagne waiting for us. They are very thoughtful. Room service was fast, brunch was amazing. Only bad thing was that they didn't have the paddle boats to rent when we went. Other than that we will deff be going back. Oh and the pool is to die for!
3 night romance trip Aug 23, 2015
Diana
"Lake house"
Very nice boutique hotel. They upgraded me to a nice room
1 night business trip Aug 25, 2015
Cindy
"Convenient to Encinitas"
The staff was great. The shower/bathroom was really nice.
Other trip Aug 28, 2015
Gerry
"Great get away spot."
I was on business and my husband came along because he needed a rest. Hotel was clean in nice area with a beautiful setting.
5 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
"Two thumbs up!!"
Fabulous weekend, will definitely come back to stay for more days.
1 night romance trip Aug 22, 2015
"Beautiful Hotel on Lake"
Great location and amazing hotel with lots of activities or just relaxing. Wish we had more time there. The staff was very friendly and helpful with local restaurant suggestions.
Other trip Aug 24, 2015
Jamey
It was amazing! Very enjoyable.
4 night romance trip Aug 16, 2015