All hotels in San Francisco, California, United States of America
863 Bush St, San Francisco, CA, 94108, United States of America, ‏‎800-491-6126

"Charming small hotel"
We were there for 2 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and decor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We would stay there again.
2 night business trip Aug 15, 2015
Gilles
"Love!"
Freshly baked cookies every day, amazing breakfast and the most comfortable bed! We absolutely loved this place!
3 night romance trip Aug 18, 2015
We just loved all of it! Lots of character and great personnel.
2 night romance trip Jul 22, 2015
Marion
"Best for Mountain Goats"
The Petite Auberge is a charmingly decorated hotel with many perks--free breakfast, wine and treats in the late afternoon, with water and sodas available all day. However, the hotel--and the neighborhood--are essentially vertical experiences, with steep steps to the door not easily negotiated by older or disabled guests. The same goes for the elevator; it's old and creaky, with heavy doors that must be wrested and held open to get on and off. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, but the front desk is often unattended, and one must call or trek over to a companion hotel two doors over to get problems fixed. I have to give this hotel a mixed review.
3 night romance trip Jun 23, 2015
"Most adequate and Reasonable"
The hotel was comfortable particularly the parlor area. The personnel were extremely friendly and courteous.
1 night romance trip May 20, 2015
Ronald
"best weekend"
It was delightful, staff very friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone but with the breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese etc brought guests together in comfortable living room area and never felt alone. Also felt very safe.
3 night trip Apr 25, 2015
Dianne
"A charming retreat"
This is an excellent choice for a romantic and comfortable stay. It is quite charming and unusual. We had a gas fireplace in our room which really set the tone. Not too much noise from surrounding city. No views out the window, but the interior decorations and character more than made up for this. The breakfasts and wine gatherings in the evenings were great ways to meet other guests. A very good sense of home was quickly established. The staff could not have done enough to make life easy and our stay most enjoyable. Easy access to any part of the city. Don't bother with a car - use the public transport.
4 night romance trip May 5, 2015
"sweet spot"
Very charming place. Thoughtful delivery.great cookies!
1 night romance trip Apr 19, 2015
teresa
"Union Square B & B"
Friendly and accommodating staff. Breakfasts and social hours were wonderful. The down side is the location is in a fringe area of Union Square. As this is an old building, the walls are thin and you can hear everything. The staff will provider complimentary ear plugs.
Other trip Apr 8, 2015
Paula
"Glad I Chose This Inn"
This place is very homey and comfortable and has a SUPER friendly staff.
7 night business trip Mar 27, 2015
it is an older style building Which has it's own charm however the location across the road from a local bar was quite noisy at times. Also being in the centre of the city you do hear lots of city noise ie. Garbage trucks each morning, ambulance/fire engine sirens. The afternoon drinks was a pleasant time to chat with other guests. Reception staff were very helpful in confirming tours, booking taxis and local information queries. Rooms are quite small though, with a very small shower, but this did not bother us too much.
Other trip Apr 1, 2015
"Perfect location."
We were offered an upgraded room without asking. It had a nice view, fireplace (we slept with the windows open it was too hot) and very quiet after the bar closed. We expected city noise which we found typical for such vibrant area.
Response by Petite Auberge
Dear Olga, Thank you for taking some of your valuable time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. We strive to provide the best possible service to all of our guests, and I am very happy to hear that you liked our friendly staff. Your comments will definitely be shared with them. I am sorry that your experience with our breakfast staff did not exceed your expectations in the same manner, and we will also be sharing this feedback with our team, as it is our priority to create a welcoming and comfortable ‘home away from home’ for you during your stay. Should your travels bring you back to San Francisco in the future, we would love the opportunity to have you as our guest again. Sincerely, Henry Espino Front Desk Supervisor
Other trip Mar 9, 2015
Olga
"Great Breakfast"
This hotel is conveniently located for business travelers. The street that it is on is a bit dark and dirty, but didn't seem dangerous. The hotel is old and you can hear creaking on the floor from the hallway and the room above. They make cookies at 1pm, which is nice, and they serve an amazing breakfast from 7-10am. The staff was very pleasant. If your employer is paying for the hotel, this place is worth it, especially if you have a conference in the area. If not, you'll find better values closer to the fisherman's wharf.
Other trip Mar 7, 2015
"Charming Hotel"
Our overall experience was awesome! My husband brought me for my bday to San Francisco and let me choose the hotel. Looking at hotel reviews helped me go for Petite Auberge. I'm glad we went for this place as it was super cute and intimate, just what my hubby and I love!! It's was very personal and we loved the beautiful decor as this place had a lot of character! Our room was exceptional with a fireplace in it and looking out the city was a plus! We definitely want to come back to Petite Auberge.
Other trip Feb 24, 2015
Pilar and David
Excellent stay. Very helpful staff. The hotel is dated and the price reflects
1 night romance trip Feb 15, 2015
"Anniversary get away"
Great stay at this vintage,beautiful,cozy hotel, my wife and i were very pleased. Good location, public transportation close by. Staff was great, very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good , can't ask for anything more. Our room was very cozy. We would definitely come back to Petite Auberge. Arthur & Imelda Sierra
Other trip Feb 20, 2015
"Great place to stay."
It was so cozy and convenient that I felt I'm in my home. In terms of design, it was really gorgeous and wonderful, I could imagine what the 19's was like when staying there. However, the bed was a little bit uncomfortable so my back somewhat didn't feel that great after the night. Exept this, this place was really great place to stay for exeperincing what the old hotels are like. Highly recomended!!
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Easy to find, friendly staff. The wine and cheese in the evening is a nice touch. Staff weren't too UTD on where the better eating spots were. She gave us wrong directions on the restaurant we were looking for and when we found it the restaurant had gone out of business. Not a huge disappointment by any means. Only real complaint is the noise in the hotel. A lot of noise around the hotel and in the room, especially early in the morning. Makes it difficult if you want to sleep in a little.
Other trip Feb 6, 2015
Pete
"Very nice hotel!"
Pros: 1. This hotel has very good location. It is in downtown of San Francisco, two blocks away from Chinatown and a couple of blocks away from Union Square.You can walk anywhere! 2. Beautiful room.The rooms are beautiful and neat. The wallpaper and furniture are in retro-style. I am sure girls will love it! 3. Awesome breakfast. Although the dining place is small, it is sweetly decorated. The breakfast itself is awesome, too. You can see not only regular items provided by regular hotels, but also some very good pies, deserts and about 5 kinds of sliced fruits! They taste great! 4. Very good services from staff. Cons: 1. Room is so small. My friend and I reserved a single-bed room with a queen size bed. We wanted to reserve a room with a king-size bed but there weren't any available ones when I did the reservation. We each have two large suitcases. However, the room was so small that we could hardly set our feet after we moved all the suitcase inside and the suitcases were standing, not lying! The bathroom and the shower room inside were very tiny, too. My friend is 175cm tall and she told me she needed to bend her back to take the shower. 2. The appliances are old. They have separate handles to control the hot water and cold water separately so it was handful to adjust the water temperature to the one you wanted. There was some problems with the old power outlet when we stayed there too.
1 night trip with friends Jan 5, 2015
Jingsi
"I'll be back"
Overall positive stay, some nice little touches like free cookies, bottled water and soft drinks in the lobby, daily wine reception and super nice staff. Nice location, short walk to BART. Would definitely stay again.
1 night trip with friends Dec 27, 2014
Ken
"Unique and cozy atmosphere, fantastic location!"
Very cozy and intimate Victorian Inn...we had the "cozy Queen" room and while it seemed really small when we first walked in, after staying 3 nights, we really felt that it was a very comfortable size - super comfy Queen bed and two arm chairs with a little table in the middle of them and a big Armoire for our clothes. Bathroom and shower are VERY small though...would be a tight shower for a larger person! Every night in the downstairs parlor, wine and appetizers are served by the fireplace. Visitors from all over the world mingled comfortably. The breakfast buffet is outstanding and coffee/tea/cookies are available 24/7. EVERY staff member we met, from desk manager down to housekeeper was exceptionally friendly & helpful.
Other trip Jan 5, 2015
"Last minute trip"
My husband and I decided to do a last minute get away up the coast, we knew our ultimate destination would be San Francisco and have never stayed in a B&B before so I started googling on our drive north. I was lucky enough to find availability with this gem! The staff was very accommodating, we arrived around 8:30 at night and the sister hotel took care of checking us in and supplying us with keys as well as taking care of our car for the night. Valet costs $41 for the night and you can keep it there until 5pm the next day which gives you plenty of time to venture around the city. The hotel has such an old world charm about it, the creaks here and there, the old elevator with the metal gate, we loved it. The room was shabby chic and so cozy. All of the furniture was classy and old, they had vintage books on the shelf, a fireplace. (Which we were upgraded to and no additional cost) I would book the fireplace next time for sure though, it's the icing on the cake for a romantic stay. The breakfast the next morning was perfect. Scrambled eggs with peppers and mushrooms, homemade bread with raspberry jam, sausage, oatmeal, coffee juices etc. There is free wifi, and a cozy fireplace downstairs to hang out at. They offer wine and appetizers in the evening but we missed all of that, I'm sure it's just as good as breakfast was.
1 night romance trip Dec 26, 2014
Amber
"Just perfect"
We chose Petite because of a great rate, convenient location, and nice reviews for a family reunion. If you decide to stay understand it's an old building that feels very much like an old European Pension. With that said it's delightful. Rooms are small but tidy and comfortable. The common space in the lower level is cosy. Between breakfast and the wine and cheese at the end of the day we wound up spending a lot of time camped around the fire place. Staff is friendly. Perfect
Other trip Dec 16, 2014
camera56
"Great find, lots of character"
Really happy to have found this little gem, staff was friendly and helpful. Only downside, the quality of the breakfast...you would want a kind of b&b quality and it honestly wasn't even close...the rest I really enjoyed.
1 night business trip Dec 3, 2014
Baptiste
"Perfect for solo traveler!"
If you want the regular five star hotel experience with no personality, stay away. But if you want to feel like home, in your cosy little room, surrounded by lovely people that make sure you've had something to eat/drink, that tend to your every need with a smile on their face, this is the place for you. Audrey, Leon, Henry and all of you guys, you made my stay amazing!
Other trip Dec 3, 2014
ebru
"Great Staff and Clean Room"
Though the facilities are dated and the floor boards creaky, the friendly staff and clean rooms made up for it. For the price it can't be beat.
Other trip Nov 24, 2014
"Enjoyed the room and would like to return."
Arrived in San Francisco to find a quaint and beautifully decorated room that was suitable for my business travel. Use of the sitting rooms at Swan Inn was especially a cozy retreat from the rain. I found a variety of dining options within 1 block walk.
Lori
"Hotel near Union Square"
We loved Petit Auberge. Found the staff outgoing and helpful and enjoyed the amenities of breakfast and 5:00 winetasting in the cosy room downstairs. Would definitely return and recommend it to friends.
"Coziest place in San Francisco, near all"
This place has by far been the best place I've stayed at in SF. Although its not the most elegant, the staff, location, breakfast and ambience surpass the rest. Cant wait to go back!
Hotel was nice. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that there was no air conditioning so I had to sleep with the windows open and it was a little noisy
pattyf
"Charming, quaint, convenient, comfortable"
The staff was most helpful. Check in was easy, room was charming, valet was easy, breakfast was wonderful and the day could not have been more spectacular. Perfect choice for an overnight!!!
June
"Stressful"
We arrived in the evening to check in (at White Swan [WS]) and we were given our room keys for our room at Petite Auberge [PA]. We went next door and found that the room was not the type we booked (we booked a room with a fireplace). We returned to WS and the night attendant said he had a room at WS with a fireplace, but we could only have it that night and would have to move to PA for our second night. We 'checked out' of our WS room the next morning and left our bag at the desk for them to put in our second room. Later that evening we returned to WS to collect the keys to our new room. After some additional confusion, we were given a room without a fireplace because none were available, but we were told we'd be given a credit for the mix-up. Our bag hadn't been taken, so we carried it over ourselves. We took our keys to PA and the lock wouldn't open. I returned to the night attendant, who accompanied us to our new room. She also couldn't get the door open but said she'd check a different room upstairs. She returned to the lobby with a new set of keys and said we could go up to a different room. We got into the room and there was a fireplace! I don't understand why that room wasn't provided to us in the first place. We went downstairs to check out the next day and there wasn't any credit on our bill and there were several other people waiting to check out, so we just left. The rooms were nice, but the service and experience was far more stressful than it needed to be.
2 night trip with friends Nov 14, 2014
Brandon
"Very friendly and accomodating"
A quaint french B & B type hotel. Very welcoming warm feel and friendly staff. An older building that was built in 1911 so there were some creaks and a faint musty smell but it had charm. They served a delicious french style breakfast every morning! This is in the city so expect some noise outside of the building. We just shut the windows and it was fine.
Other trip Oct 28, 2014
Leesa
"Historical - Built in 1911"
Andy, the clerk, was very nice and very helpful. He made my stay delightful. I would stay there again. The rooms were nicely decorated.
Other trip Oct 20, 2014
Alex
"Charming but needs work."
The hotel is very charming and is very quaint. The staff was wonderful and very polite and helpful. Also enjoyed being able to get water and soda without an addition charge. The room was fine, but could use some updates like romping moldy caulk in the bathroom and refreshing the paint. Not bad, but wouldn't stay there again.
Other trip Oct 14, 2014
"Delightfully friendly and comfortable."
This was a perfect honeymoon home base for us! The fireplace (with a off/on switch next to the headboard) was neat. The afternoon wine and 24/7 cookie jar and newspaper, the staff, the color and arrangement of the room--really enjoyable, very comfortable, good location. Thanks for the memories!!! Hal and Jill
Other trip Oct 9, 2014
Hal and Jill
"Nice location near Union Square"
The room was fine, service good, breakfast good. We were on first floor so no stairs, but noises from the elevator (?) and 5am garbage trucks were sleep-disrupting.
Other trip Sep 24, 2014
Karla
"Cozy"
This was a nice and comfortable hotel. The location is walking distance to union square and japan town and china town. The area on bush street is a little sketchy at night and not very clean. The valet service was great but it's $41 nightly. The breakfast and downstairs lounge area was very nice and comfortable with homey furnishings and great food & beverages. Our room was also downstairs, so it's somewhat noisy. Also the room was tiny. Traveling with my wife and our baby girl was challenging with this sized room. We had upgraded to the fireplace room thinking it was larger but apparently it was not. The staff were excellent. They were very courteous, cheery and helpful. They really made the hotel fun and enjoyable.
Other trip Sep 10, 2014
lance
"great boutique hotel in good location"
I was incredibly disappointed with our room upon check in, but the next morning when I notified the receptionist about the challenges they immediately moved us to another room and we were very comfortable. While I don't think this hotel is for everyone as it is not a 5 star by any means, it is quaint, lovable and we really enjoyed our stay. The evening happy hours were a perfect way to unwind from the day before dinner. Can't wait to stay there again in the upgraded room. It's not just slightly better - it's 100 times better.
5 night romance trip Jun 30, 2014
"Small quaint charm"
Hotel was very convenient, quaint and in a decent neighborhood. Obviously older hotels have some peculiarities but while you lose some ultra-modern touches your return is charm.
3 night business trip Aug 3, 2014
"Good location!"
We were disappointed in the cleanliness of the room and the quality of the mattress. The breakfast and wine reception were very nice. Nice to have the living room downstairs to gather. Amazingly noisy!
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Carolyn
"Unexpected Gem"
So it was a bit pricy for what it was but it was SF Marathon weekend and I'm sure that had to do with its price. Outside of that couldn't have been more pleased with this little gem. Feels like your staying at grandmas house floral wallpaper and all. My room was on the lower level and had a fireplace which worked and I used later in the evening. They serve a yummy breakfast homemade quiche, hard boiled eggs, fruit, pastry's, oatmeal, etc. I would def stay again.
1 night trip Jul 25, 2014
C
"Hotel with character"
We had a wonderful stay at Petite Auberge. They offer a very nice breakfast and cocktail hour, we had an opportunity to meet the other guest, which was very nice. We met some great people. Everything was within walking distance, the hotel has a great location. We would stay there again.
Other trip Jul 22, 2014
Teri
This hotel is overpriced considering its age, creaky floors, old elevators etc, but the staff try hard to make it clean and comfortable.
4 night business trip Jul 6, 2014
"Charming and great breakfast"
The room was comfortable and well-appointed although the mattress was too soft and seemed old. The room and hallway had an unusual odor that persisted, and could have been a cleaning agent, but was not ideal. Breakfast the next morning was ample and delicious, and staff were quite helpful. Location is convenient for shopping or catching cable car.
1 night romance trip Jul 4, 2014
"Great for Giants games!"
As a return guest, I was proud to entertain close family friends with a cozy room with a fire place and the breakfast buffet. We were surprised how quiet the room was as well. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I will continue to choose Petite Auberge as my accommodations each time I visit the City.
1 night trip with friends Jul 1, 2014
Sara
"Almost like Paris"
Lovely boutique hotel. Very old, but well maintained, and important things like bathroom fixtures all up-to-date. Wonderful sitting room/garden area downstairs where complimentary breakfast served in morning and wine etc. In evening. Bed comfortable. Was like being in the bedroom of a house. Wifi worked well. -- downsides: if you're mobility challenged, beware. You must climb a set of steps just to get inside. Elevator is one of those old ones with the gate and door -- neither of which stayed open, so I had to be creative to hold them open and get the suitcase in and out. Finally, walk up to Sutter St. is not so bad, but from Sutter to Bush becomes very steep (think 9 on treadmill). Fun, especially with suitcases. Even so, I would definitely go back!
1 night business trip Jun 28, 2014
"Lovely little hotel"
Loved the breakfasts! The food was always fresh, with several choices. Also loved having a fireplace in the room.
4 night trip with friends Jun 3, 2014
Joanne
"It is as the name implies"
We had a queen room with fireplace. This was a complimentary upgrade from the hotel staff which was very nice!! The room is small but very adequate. For downtown location it is priced fairly. Does have a very warm European feel to it. Valet parking was pricy at $36/night. Room has no AC but there is a cool breeze coming off the ocean to cool the room down. Breakfast was very good with a European spin to it. 24 hour complimentary snacks and time set aside for wine and coffee in the evening. Loved this place!
1 night family trip May 30, 2014
Kenny
"Comfy but too loud"
The hotel staff was very helpful and polite. The bed was comfortable and the room was fine but small. My only complaint, and it is a big one, is that I never slept because of the noise. A lot of it was general hotel noise - I was next to the elevator, but most of it was from a nearby late-night, very rowdy bar. Around 2:00 a.m. it sounded like a hundred people were yelling and screaming, and car horns were being held down. It was unreal, and it went on for hours. It sounded like a mob. I noticed it a little on Friday night, but nothing like Saturday night. Guess there is nothing really that the hotel can do about it other than calling the cops. It was awful.
Other trip Jun 2, 2014