All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
You can collect Hotels.com® Rewards nights here449 Rue Sainte-helene, Montreal, QC, H2Y2K9, Canada, ‏‎800-491-6126

4.8
"It's OK but I wont be back"
My husband went to Montreal to see our daughter who is a student there. We usually stay at another hotel closer to campus. We thought we would change and get a few more days and make it special. It is certainly walking distance to the old port, and quiet though we were awaken by drunks yelling in the street at night. The room are very stylish with some sort of linen fabric on the floor everywhere, and I mean everywhere even surrounding the toilet, so it left me wonder what were those stains on the floor. I could not get past that impression. The breakfast was OK, but I had the parfait and I even asked the waitress (one) as to what fresh fruits they were using, I was told berries. I ordered it and there was not one fresh fruit in the parfait unless you count the thing fanned on top of the martini glass where I got a couple of layers of yogurt and granola, overpriced and not worth the money. I booked this instead of an auberge because they advertised a gym (no picture on the website) The gym is super tiny with an elliptical and a treadmill. Ok for one person, not for two at a time. The staff is very young and very nice and willing but the feeling of attentiveness to detail is not there. Bottom line is that I found this hotel overpriced and I won't be back. I will be back at the Sofitel.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2013
McGill mom
"Great hotel, Old Montreal."
Beautiful hotel in great location in Old Montreal. Staff is in obtrusive yet very accommodating. We loved.our stay and plan on staying here again. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Good walking distance to any and all points of interest.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Great hotel for 1st time visit to Montreal!"
The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of the restaurants, old Montreal and nightlife. It is a boutique hotel so you get the attention you need quickly and effectively. The room was also big and decorated so nicely. Trust me...a definite great stay!
3 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Jess
"Great Hotel, Great Staff"
The best part about the Gault is the accommodating staff. Being in a foreign country it was important to have assistance with reservations, transportation, etc. The staff was excellent. Also the modern minimalist decor was lovely. The bed was especially comfortable
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Great Place"
Our stay at Hotel Gault was tremendous. Great location, lovely room, helpful staff. Can't beat it. Would stay there again on my next trip to Montreal.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Excelent hotel"
Good location , clean I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Alex
"Ranks up there with one of my fans."
Situated on a quiet street in a convenient location (two blocks away from the metro and walkable to many of the interesting areas of Montreal) Hotel Gault could not have been better. A beautiful hotel with a staff that couldn't do enough. We had a corner room which was spacious, comfortable bed and great seating area. Room service was excellent and we had breakfast in our room almost every day. Had a nightly drink at the small bar served by Steph who was charming and entertaining. We will be back.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Simply Beautiful"
I don't ever leave reviews, but this hotel was a stand out. Everyone was super friendly, and they upgraded me to a room with a semi private terrace. The doorman, Danny, was great, too; always sweet, and very welcoming.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2013
Jose
"Wonderful hotel in old Montreal near attractions"
Loved this hotel and would go back! Ultra modern decor. Staff is very accommodating and the rooms are clean and comfy. 2 blocks from Notre Dame Basilica and near all tourist attractions.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
It was a great hotel to stay, staff was friendly and helpful. Location wise, it was great in old Montreal. It was a quiet section and walking distance to the Basilica as well to the Port and and St Paul. Only inconvenience was valet parking, but then we later realized on the weekend we probably could have parked on the streets on the weekend. Other than that it was great.
4 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"A Perfect Weekend in Montreal"
If anyone wants to experience the beauty of historic Montreal, you must stay at the Hotel Gault. Its right in the heart of Old Montreal, with all the cobblestone streets and horse carriages. The hotel itself was outstanding, The outside reflected the historic beauty of the area while inside was modern and chic. The rooom was spacious and well decorated but what made the trip the best was the service. All the staff went out of their way to fulfill evey request - from getting the car quickly to providing their expertise of the City. Everytime we we're leaving the staff wanted to know if we needed help, a bottle of water, and refreshments. I am going back soon.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2013
"Perfect Location - in the Old City"
We loved the location and quality of the hotel. The staff was perfectly attentive. We were also upgraded to a nicer suite than we booked originally. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Gault is great"
Hotel Gault is a superb location from which to explore Old Montreal. Friendly and attentive staff, excellent rooms and everything of the highest standard. A quick walk to the Victoria Square metro for longer jaunts--and the hotel itself is on a quiet side street. Only quibble is July is Montreal-road-repair-season. Be prepared for some construction noise.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Fantastic Hotel"
Hotel Gault was wonderful. The hotel was a renovated building from about 100 years ago with updated amenities but with a lot of character. The staff was great and always willing to help with dinner options, etc. The location was also great. While it was technically considered part of Old Montreal, it was steps away from the downtown which means that it was not touristy like the main part of Old Town. The hotel was also a five minute walk to the subway which was great.
5 night romance trip Jun 13, 2013
Betsy
"Wonderful modern interiors in old building"
My wife and I were looking for a hotel in the old quarter yet having the modern interiors. This hotel fits the bill 100%. We were very impressed with all architectural detail as well as the design of the room. It was a very generous room with large coffee table and two comfortable chairs. They even had an umbrella available in the room with robes and slippers. The staff was helpful but not as knowledgeable as I wanted. The service was lovely and thoughtful. They even had cookies for the evening turndown. The breakfast was lovely and the waitress was charming. The ran out of fresh croissants and they went to a nearby bakery to get them for us. That's the type service above the norm. Next time we go to Montreal I will definitely stay there. We had two great nights at the hotel.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Great Place to Stay in Old Montreal"
We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Gault, and were very pleased with the location, staff, room and cleanliness. They call the hotel a boutique which describes it well. The building was completely renovated 10 years ago into to this very modern 30 room guest quarters. The staff was very accommodating, and rooms were spacious and very clean. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
ADS
"GREAT HOTEL & FANTASTIC SERVICE - A+++++!"
The hotel is located in a perfect quiet location and the staff were extremely helpful, particularly John at the front desk; for example, he stayed on the phone with us for over 15 minutes providing step by step directions to the Hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful with basically everything researching options for us and then getting back to us. We had absolutely no complaints.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Cary + Cindy
"First Class Experience in Montreal"
Tremendous boutique Hotel. First class service from the staff, particularly Yannick, and the rooms are large and quiet. I recommend this Hotel highly, and I look forward to visiting again...
3 night trip May 23, 2013
"Best stay I have ever had at a hotel....anywhere!"
The friendliest staff I have ever had the opportunity to meet. They were always there to help, and just overall the nicest people ever. I highly recommend Hotel Gault if staying in Montreal.
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Hidden Getaway Gem in the edge of Old Montreal!"
My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and had such a romantic time staying at this hotel! The room had very modern décor, comfortable and chic. It's the little touches like bringing us cookies when we first checked in and deliciously strong coffee in the lobby that make all the difference. The hotel staff was extremely warm and hospitable. Especially the valet… he went above and beyond to ensure we were settled in. Even when he brought the car to us to leave, he left 2 bottles of water in the car for our long drive back to Boston. The location is amazing – we were able to walk everywhere and take bixi bikes to explore the city. Can't wait to come back to Montreal to stay here again.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"Exceptional, quiet, and convenient"
The hotel and staff were very warm and welcoming. The room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel location was excellent, on the edge of Old Montreal and just a 4 short block walk from the Palais de Congres. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Montreal!!!
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2013
Samantha
"Awesome service"
The staff at Hotel Gault were very friendly and super helpful. Their service made our stay memorable.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
Poor service-Terrible breakfast-Not a 4 star service for sure
2 night trip Apr 8, 2013
"Excellent choice in Old Town"
In Montreal for a long weekend of exploring the city on foot and eating our way through the simple to the sublime. Hotel Gault made for an excellent base of operations with a clean and modern aesthetic and friendly and attentive staff. We made good use of iDevice speaker dock, a comfortable bed, and well designed storage.
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
Great hotel. Comfortable. Friendly efficient staff. Great location in Old Montreal. Multitude of super restaurants within 5 mins walk : )
Other trip Mar 15, 2013
"Great hotel, super friendly service,"
Every time I go to Montreal, I try and stay at this hotel. The rooms are very spacious and quiet. The staff is very, very friendly and helpful. It's one of my favorite hotels because it's rather small, personalized service and very nice.
3 night business trip Feb 5, 2013
IngeVH
"perfect combination of Ritz Carlton and a B&B"
The hotel is perfectly located and is a very nice balance between luxury brand name/boutique one off. The staff were extremely helpful, particularly John at the front desk. They went out of their way to be helpful with basically everything researching options for us and then getting back to us. We had absolutely no complaints. Also, dinner at Helena was simply fantastic (Hotel's recommendation).
Other trip Jan 28, 2013
"Excellent Boutique Hotel in Old Montreal"
Comfortable lobby and room. Excellent food from room service. Accommodating staff. Short walk to Notre Dame Cathedral.
Other trip Jan 7, 2013
"Romantic and chic!"
Very chic. Amazing location. Pleasant staff. Huge room. Incredible washroom.
Other trip Dec 28, 2012
Genevieve
Welcoming and friendly service. Comfortable beds. Great location.
2 night trip Dec 1, 2012
"Great for a weekend getaway"
We love the feeling of the rooms at the Gault. This time we got the deluxe suite with tub and found it just the right size to relax in after a day of walking or biking in the city. Louiza and Pauline, who worked at the fornt desk, were very helpful.
Other trip Nov 26, 2012
"If you like modern decor."
Very friendly and helpful staff. We lived the modern decor and our room was large and well appointed. We got an upgraded room so not sure what the standard rooms are like.
Other trip Oct 11, 2012
"good location"
chairs extremely uncomfortable in the room.
3 night trip Sep 18, 2012
Herb
"terrific location"
The staff was really friendly and helpful. The room was large and nicely appointed and we had a terrace which made for lovely breakfasting. I can't think of one downside to our stay, except maybe the breakfast was a bit overpriced. Also it was close to the old harbor, which is charming and near enough to walk to pretty much anywhere you wanted to go.
3 night trip Sep 11, 2012
Geri
"Finally a unique hotel that is properly run!"
Amazing experience. We've stayed at a lot of 'boutique' hotels that aren't worth half the price paid but Hotel Gault is worth every penny.
Other trip Sep 6, 2012
D&A
"Outstanding decor, service, location"
I've traveled extensively for business and please for 20 years and stayed at all manor of hotels. Hotel Gault was an 100+ year old factory that's been renovated into a 30 room boutique in the heart of the old city. The transformation was done perfectly with a clean fresh feel while maintaining the character of the old building... The building was great, the bed, heated floors in the bath and shower... shower itself, all wonderful.. but none of this compared to the service... It's a small staff.. you see the same faces.. and I've never, ever, had better service.
1 night trip Aug 17, 2012
"Stylish and great Service"
Loved hotel. This is the second time I stayed there. Room was different, much smaller, but appointed so well. I will recommend this to everyone staying in Montreal. Quite an oasis.
1 night trip Aug 1, 2012
Very comfortable foam mattress bed. Very welcoming staff - cookies on arrival. Water bottles whenever exiting to sightsee. Super rain shower. Thick towels, robes, slippers. Nice loft ambiance to the room.
Other trip Aug 4, 2012
"Great Hotel, Great Location"
Overall great hotel - VERY friendly staff, nice rooms, great location. Only downsides are: the bathrooms are a bit open (no door to shower/lav area) so if you are a private person, this might not be for you. Also, floors are concrete which look great (and are heated in bath area), but if the person above has heels, you can hear it. Overall high marks, rooms are HUGE.
2 night trip Jul 27, 2012
Matt S.
"Great little hotel in good location."
Great little hotel, good location. Only the breakfast is far too expensive and the choice limited.
Other trip Jul 16, 2012
Franz
"Nice hote - very quiet"
Nice hotel, great rooms, very good service......and very QUIET. We did not realize that the hotel had just 30 rooms - our mistake. Given it is on the edge of old Montreal the neighborhood was very quie too. The hotel had no scene and little atmosphere. This might be perfect for some but we were looking to have more of an experience than the Gault offered. The rooms were nice but that was about it. They reference a spa on their website....the spa is a 10 minute cab ride away. The staff was very helpful. Very much a vanilla/plain experience.
Other trip Jul 11, 2012
R.S.
"Just perfect in every way"
Excellent staff. The location is not quite in Old Town, which was a plus for us. It was a quick walk to Old Town and to the metro, which can take you anywhere in Montreal. Most well-oiled, able staff I've seen in a long time. Loved the whole experience.
3 night romance trip Jun 26, 2012
"Comfortable, Convenient, Nice Staff"
My room was very comfortable. I would have been just a little happier if there was a desk instead of the large coffee-table, and if the light over the shaving mirror was brighter, but these are minor imperfections. The room was spacious, bed comfortable, air conditioner quiet, shower clean. The staff was very professional and made excellent restaurant recommendations. Within a reasonable walk of the convention center and old town. A relatively pricey place, but not a bad bargain for the comfort and service.
3 night business trip Jun 19, 2012
Andy
"Gorgeous building and rooms"
The Gault is one of the most visually stunning smaller-scale hotels that I've stayed in. Beautiful touches everywhere--in the lobby, in the room. Great artwork, furnishings, materials. The scale of the spaces is large, yet comfortable. That being said, I would have liked at least one "comfy" chair in my room. The provided chairs look great, but not that comfortable for sacking out after long walks. The lobby does have some comfortable areas to relax. In the well-appointed room, several touches were either not up to par (like broken or loose knobs, towel hooks, shower knobs) or hard to use. The entertainment systems seemed extensive, yet impossible to figure out how to use properly. Great location on a quiet street. Surrounded my numerous excellent restaurants. Staff: very accomodating, willling to please, just ever-so-slightly inexperienced. Overall, I'd stay here again and would recommend it. Just wish Gault would up the ante a bit and they'd be a first-class place to stay.
Other trip Jun 25, 2012
Jbt
The one issues we had were that the room temp is centrally controlled unless you notify them in the morning while maintenance is around and the doors to the bathroom are a bit heavy / squeaky. That said we had a great stay, the staff is super friendly, the rooms are really nice (no carpets which was great for my allergies) and the hotel is very well kept. We will definitely be back.
2 night trip Jun 15, 2012
forrest
"Great hotel, great staff, great location"
What a great hotel!!! The staff is super friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed our stay. It is by far the better of the boutique-type hotels in Montreal. Only thing is the gym is very small.
Other trip May 30, 2012

"Small is beautiful"
Second time staying. First rate experience.
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault. We are pleased to have gained your trust to count you among our loyal returning guests. We look forward to welcoming you back for the 3rd time soon! Kind regards, Amir Bakir Assistant Front Office Manager
2 night family trip Apr 24, 2015
"A nice stay at the Hotel Gault"
Stayed at Hotel Gault for business. A beautiful boutique hotel in a great location in Old Montreal. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Front desk staff (Jonathan) were fantastic. I would definitely return.
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault. We are excited to know that your stay with us was up to your expectations, enjoyable and relaxing. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future! Kind regards, Amir Bakir Front Office Assistant Manager
1 night business trip Apr 16, 2015
Leo
"Charming hotel with excellant staff"
As nice as the hotel is, and it is nice, it is the staff which made our stay so wonderful. The entire group truly cared about us and worked hard to make us feel at home. Truly a wonderful stay and a great hotel.
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault. We are thrilled to read you enjoyed the Gault experience and we are humbled by all your kind words and compliments of our staff, outlests, rooms and amenities. We cannot wait to welcome you back to your second home! Kind regards, Amir Bakir Assistant Front Office Manager
2 night romance trip Mar 17, 2015
Herbert
"Beautiful Historical Hotel"
First of all I have travelled a lot in my time and have stayed in some exclusive hotels. The Hotel Gault exceeds any hotel I have stayed in the past. Very unusual but at the same time very beautiful. The staff were so welcoming, accommodating and wonderfully nice. They made me feel at home. My room was all that I expected and more. My favourite in the room was the bed. I have never slept in such a comfortable bed with crispy white bedding. Everything was in the room which I required. The only missing item which I missed was the coffee machine. No radio in the room with alarm clock, but then they have a wakeup call system and they call you right on time. Because I was so busy I forgot to check out the weight room. As for the rest during my stay.....I couldn't ask for anything more. Loved my stay at Hotel Gault.
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear Deanna, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault. We greatly appreciated reading this glowing review of our hotel. It is our mission to have guests leave happy and amazed thinking about their next trip back. We are proud to learn that our team was successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience and we made you feel warm and welcome. Reviews as such are always great source of motivation for all our team members and we will without doubt share your outstanding comments with all departments. As for the in-room coffee machine , guests are alway welcome to call the reception at anytime and we would gladly bring up freshly brewed coffee right to your room. We are already looking forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home! Kind regards, Amir Bakir Assistant Front Office Manager
Deanna