All hotels in Montreal, Quebec, Canada

Awesome vibe
    Food is all right
  • Wellness
    Poor wellness & sports facilities
"Magnificent Jewel in Montreal"
Everything about the Hotel Gault is simply magnificent. The rooms are beautiful, the staff are gracious and extremely helpful. We can't wait to visit again.
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at Hotel Gault. It is our mission to have guests leave happy and amazed thinking about their next trip back. I am already looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind regards, Amir Bakir Front Office Assistant Manager
1 night trip Jul 19, 2014
Stuart
"Outstanding!"
Great hotel! Clean, unbelievably friendly staff, beautiful hotel! The location is right in old Montreal. Stop by Thé Mon Café for breakfast just one block away. I'd stay here over and over!
Response by Hotel Gault
Dear guest, Thank you for sharing your recent experience at hotel Gault. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted to read you intend to visit Hotel Gault again when visiting Montréal. I look forward to welcome you back very soon! Kind regards, Amir Bakir Front Office Assistant Manager
2 night business trip Jul 18, 2014
Ben
"Modern hotel in historic city"
Immediately upon entering, the design and overall aesthetic was apparent. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. From the stairway to the elevator lobbies, every detail was delightful, and appreciated. Our room was also a very nice experience. We had a loft, and the open feeling and layout was great. Two negatives only. The pocket door to the toilet room was warped and stuck. And the cabinets at the entry were never going to be used...
Other trip Jul 20, 2014
"Great hotel to stay"
Very convenient location. Friendly, helpful and considerate staff, contemporariily decoration, neat, very quite. You will love it.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
p
Lovely boutique hotel, excellent service, great location. The Gault is a perfect couple's choice for a short visit to Montreal.
Other trip Jul 4, 2014
Marcelo
"Exceptional Service, Beautiful and Quiet"
Great Neighborhood, close to everything downtown in Old Montreal. Hotel is very modern new renovation in historic beautiful building on a quiet street steps from the action. Highly recommended for those looking for a more personal experience without all the big hotel rarely used amenties.
4 night trip May 18, 2014
SM
Excellent staff. Great location. Breakfast meagre and overpriced. Parking exorbitant when surrounding lots charge ten dollars, versus 35 plus tax and tip for theirs. Hotel well run and very clean. All staff well trained.
2 night trip May 23, 2014
Annie Howes
"great location"
was in town for a very quick visit - loved all about this hotel - staff was wonderful - would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to be in montreal
Other trip May 7, 2014
meg
"LOVE THE GAULT"
Absolutely love this hotel! My favorite in Montreal hands down. The service is extraordinary and without pretense. The understated elegance is wonderful, the rooms are stylish and comfortable, and the location is perfect. Can't say enough! Cheers
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
Susan Weeks
"Hip hotel, loft style rooms, quiet neighborhood"
In old Montreal section with beautiful architecture, easy walking access to trains, shopping, restaurants.
Other trip Apr 21, 2014
"Exceptional Service"
I will definitely return to this hotel whenever I visit Montreal. The staff/service was simply exceptional.
3 night trip Mar 7, 2014
Marshall
"Montreal in the winter"
Wonderful time in Montreal in the winter. The Hotel Gault was the perfect place to stay--staff was warm and welcoming and very helpful. Recommendations for restaurants and things to do were great. Rooms were comfortable and quiet---had a great nights sleep! Loved the old building with touches of mod. Would stay there again!
Other trip Mar 9, 2014
"Hotel Gault"
The Gault is our favorite Hotel in Montreal. We stayed in one of the loft rooms with a queen size bed. Modern, super comfortable, quiet, located in beautiful Old Montreal. Fantastic staff. We would highly recommend staying here!
Other trip Feb 10, 2014
"Nice hotel in good location in Old Montreal"
My girlfriend and I decided to visit Montreal for a 4-day weekend. Based on reviews and location we decided to stay at the Gault Hotel. The hotel is conveniently located in Old Montreal, within easy walking distance of many interesting cultural attractions. We had a good time here, although honestly the room wasn't as nice as I had expected based on reviews. It just wasn't set up very well. Not nearly enough light, fridge inside a cabinet generating a lot of heat, carpets that slipped on a very slippery concrete floor. It was not bad, just not what I hoped for based on reviews and price. Still a solid hotel and we had a good time.
Other trip Jan 21, 2014
Ross
"Best Design Hotel in Montreal"
This hotel is extremely well designed, and every experience is thought out in detail for the guest. A real modern loft hotel inside a grand granite edifice in Old Montreal. But the experiences are what make it great. The LOFT style rooms (where we stayed this time) are a single space defined with well designed custom oak furniture and translucent curtains. bathroom sink, toilet and shower are each in different spaces allowing two people to use them simultaneously. Great surfaces, furniture, and quality.
2 night romance trip Jan 10, 2014
"Lovely yet cold"
Being in the historic part if Montreal I expected a bit more old school charm. Yet the design and feel of hotel left us feeling a bit cold. If you are into modern minimalist then this place is for you. Staff is great, small boutique vibe great but lacked a bit of originality and character. We stayed in winter so the concrete ombiance was better suited for hot summer nights. I like the place but not sure I would go back. It lacks ooh la la. More ooh ok. Room was large a comfy.
Other trip Dec 25, 2013
Mr Style
The hotel was perfect for us and the staff were all very friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay here again. Very close to great shops and restaurants
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
"In the heart of Old Montreal."
Not only was the front desk very helpful in finding everything I was looking for but the room service made sure my currents were closed when it got dark. I travel almost every week and Hotel Gault is my new favorite hotel.
2 night trip Nov 19, 2013
Terry Shook
"Great hotel in Old Zmontreal"
Great location. My room was beautiful & had a great view. It was walking distance to so many places & close to the Metro. The customer service was phenomenal. I would highly recommend. Also the bathtub was great!
Other trip Nov 12, 2013
"NO COFFEE IN ROOMS>"
This is the first 4 star hotel I've stayed in in recent years, worldwide, that has no coffeemaker in the room. I like to get up early, work in my pajamas, sip coffee. To order room service is intrusive and expensive. To go down to breakfast is intrusive and expensive. I was not pleased with this fact that there was no coffeemaker. This is an industrial-like, modern decor hotel. The rooms have cement floors with a large area rug and gossamer curtains separating the bed section from the bath section. The light near where the suitcase shelf is is shadowed by you when you try to find things in your suitcase. The two lights near the bed and the one by the small round table which is covered with glossy magazines so there is not much working space, were great, directional and bright. There is no clock except the one on the cable box. You have to leap up from the toilet to reach the toilet paper. Almost all the other patrons seemed young and hipper than I am. The steps to enter the hotel are steep and the bottom ones have no railing. On the plus side, there were bathrobes, and the whole building has huge windows. The neighborhood is quiet and hidden. The staff is very accommodating. But no coffee? Hmmm.
Other trip Oct 28, 2013
creativitylady
The staff was very friendly and helpful. They gave us a complementary upgrade so we got a very nice room with a great view. The bed was very comfortable and they gave us a lot of free bottled water! We would definitely stay at this place if we visit Montreal again!
1 night trip Oct 7, 2013
Cassie
"great location"
The Hotel Gault is located at the edge of Old Montreal surrounded by old stone and brick structures. It's an old commercial building converted into a boutique hotel with only 30 units. In the lobby they have a bar with a few tables spread around for dining off their 24 hour menu. The staff is very helpful and attentive. My only problem is the room! Good size, good bed, good shower and we liked the French windows with flower pots overlooking the street. But the room has one wall that is old brick and the rest is either teak wood or walls painted battleship grey. The furniture reminded me of a college dorm! Mechanical erector-type lamps that were useless for any light and one chair for the desk and one chair at the table. Neither were comfortable for "relaxing". When I asked if there was a chair missing, they told me that all the rooms (except one) had only one chair but they would bring me another one. When I asked for a comfortable one...they brought me a straight backed dining room table chair. If someone would remodel the rooms to be comfortable and attractive, this would be a great place to stay!
3 night romance trip Oct 14, 2013
"Nice Hotel, Great Location, Wonderful staff"
We stayed here on our honeymoon and got a suite. It wasn't really a suite- more like a very large regular room. It had one lounge chair and a desk area. Bed was good, bathroom was very nice. The best part though was the staff. They were very friendly and accommodating, found us restaurant reservations, and even told the restaurant on our first night that we were honeymooners, which resulted in free champagne and a great night. The hotel location was perfect for exploring old town. We also could walk to Mont Royal and downtown areas- long walk but doable. I definitely recommend.
Other trip Oct 17, 2013
kateok
"Boutique hotel in the old section of Montreal"
We enjoyed staying at Gault for three nights. We walked to restaurants and other historic sites. The staff are extremely helpful and attentive. The room is large and comfortable.
Other trip Oct 11, 2013
Traveler
"Boutique hotel, convenient and friendly staff"
Convenient, close to metro and walking distance to Notre Dame. Staff are very helpful, welcoming and friendly. They make up the room twice a day, so when you get back to your hotel in the evening, your slippers are right by your bedside, clothes are folded and a bottle of water ready for you. Amenities are very good. Wi-fi was free. However, we can hear people next door (conversations and kids crying). All in all it was a great stay.
Other trip Oct 4, 2013
enevita
"It's OK but I wont be back"
My husband went to Montreal to see our daughter who is a student there. We usually stay at another hotel closer to campus. We thought we would change and get a few more days and make it special. It is certainly walking distance to the old port, and quiet though we were awaken by drunks yelling in the street at night. The room are very stylish with some sort of linen fabric on the floor everywhere, and I mean everywhere even surrounding the toilet, so it left me wonder what were those stains on the floor. I could not get past that impression. The breakfast was OK, but I had the parfait and I even asked the waitress (one) as to what fresh fruits they were using, I was told berries. I ordered it and there was not one fresh fruit in the parfait unless you count the thing fanned on top of the martini glass where I got a couple of layers of yogurt and granola, overpriced and not worth the money. I booked this instead of an auberge because they advertised a gym (no picture on the website) The gym is super tiny with an elliptical and a treadmill. Ok for one person, not for two at a time. The staff is very young and very nice and willing but the feeling of attentiveness to detail is not there. Bottom line is that I found this hotel overpriced and I won't be back. I will be back at the Sofitel.
3 night romance trip Sep 26, 2013
McGill mom
"Great hotel, Old Montreal."
Beautiful hotel in great location in Old Montreal. Staff is in obtrusive yet very accommodating. We loved.our stay and plan on staying here again. Rooms are very spacious and clean. Good walking distance to any and all points of interest.
2 night trip Aug 24, 2013
"Great hotel for 1st time visit to Montreal!"
The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of the restaurants, old Montreal and nightlife. It is a boutique hotel so you get the attention you need quickly and effectively. The room was also big and decorated so nicely. Trust me...a definite great stay!
3 night trip Aug 16, 2013
Jess
"Great Hotel, Great Staff"
The best part about the Gault is the accommodating staff. Being in a foreign country it was important to have assistance with reservations, transportation, etc. The staff was excellent. Also the modern minimalist decor was lovely. The bed was especially comfortable
Other trip Aug 12, 2013
"Great Place"
Our stay at Hotel Gault was tremendous. Great location, lovely room, helpful staff. Can't beat it. Would stay there again on my next trip to Montreal.
Other trip Aug 8, 2013
"Excelent hotel"
Good location , clean I would recommend this hotel to my friends.
Other trip Aug 3, 2013
Alex
"Ranks up there with one of my fans."
Situated on a quiet street in a convenient location (two blocks away from the metro and walkable to many of the interesting areas of Montreal) Hotel Gault could not have been better. A beautiful hotel with a staff that couldn't do enough. We had a corner room which was spacious, comfortable bed and great seating area. Room service was excellent and we had breakfast in our room almost every day. Had a nightly drink at the small bar served by Steph who was charming and entertaining. We will be back.
Other trip Jul 30, 2013
"Simply Beautiful"
I don't ever leave reviews, but this hotel was a stand out. Everyone was super friendly, and they upgraded me to a room with a semi private terrace. The doorman, Danny, was great, too; always sweet, and very welcoming.
2 night trip Jul 22, 2013
Jose
"Wonderful hotel in old Montreal near attractions"
Loved this hotel and would go back! Ultra modern decor. Staff is very accommodating and the rooms are clean and comfy. 2 blocks from Notre Dame Basilica and near all tourist attractions.
Other trip Jul 23, 2013
It was a great hotel to stay, staff was friendly and helpful. Location wise, it was great in old Montreal. It was a quiet section and walking distance to the Basilica as well to the Port and and St Paul. Only inconvenience was valet parking, but then we later realized on the weekend we probably could have parked on the streets on the weekend. Other than that it was great.
4 night trip Jul 11, 2013
"A Perfect Weekend in Montreal"
If anyone wants to experience the beauty of historic Montreal, you must stay at the Hotel Gault. Its right in the heart of Old Montreal, with all the cobblestone streets and horse carriages. The hotel itself was outstanding, The outside reflected the historic beauty of the area while inside was modern and chic. The rooom was spacious and well decorated but what made the trip the best was the service. All the staff went out of their way to fulfill evey request - from getting the car quickly to providing their expertise of the City. Everytime we we're leaving the staff wanted to know if we needed help, a bottle of water, and refreshments. I am going back soon.
2 night trip with friends Jul 13, 2013
"Perfect Location - in the Old City"
We loved the location and quality of the hotel. The staff was perfectly attentive. We were also upgraded to a nicer suite than we booked originally. I would stay here again.
Other trip Jul 16, 2013
"Gault is great"
Hotel Gault is a superb location from which to explore Old Montreal. Friendly and attentive staff, excellent rooms and everything of the highest standard. A quick walk to the Victoria Square metro for longer jaunts--and the hotel itself is on a quiet side street. Only quibble is July is Montreal-road-repair-season. Be prepared for some construction noise.
Other trip Jul 11, 2013
"Fantastic Hotel"
Hotel Gault was wonderful. The hotel was a renovated building from about 100 years ago with updated amenities but with a lot of character. The staff was great and always willing to help with dinner options, etc. The location was also great. While it was technically considered part of Old Montreal, it was steps away from the downtown which means that it was not touristy like the main part of Old Town. The hotel was also a five minute walk to the subway which was great.
5 night romance trip Jun 13, 2013
Betsy
"Wonderful modern interiors in old building"
My wife and I were looking for a hotel in the old quarter yet having the modern interiors. This hotel fits the bill 100%. We were very impressed with all architectural detail as well as the design of the room. It was a very generous room with large coffee table and two comfortable chairs. They even had an umbrella available in the room with robes and slippers. The staff was helpful but not as knowledgeable as I wanted. The service was lovely and thoughtful. They even had cookies for the evening turndown. The breakfast was lovely and the waitress was charming. The ran out of fresh croissants and they went to a nearby bakery to get them for us. That's the type service above the norm. Next time we go to Montreal I will definitely stay there. We had two great nights at the hotel.
Other trip Jun 18, 2013
"Great Place to Stay in Old Montreal"
We stayed 2 nights at Hotel Gault, and were very pleased with the location, staff, room and cleanliness. They call the hotel a boutique which describes it well. The building was completely renovated 10 years ago into to this very modern 30 room guest quarters. The staff was very accommodating, and rooms were spacious and very clean. Enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again!
Other trip Jun 10, 2013
ADS
"GREAT HOTEL & FANTASTIC SERVICE - A+++++!"
The hotel is located in a perfect quiet location and the staff were extremely helpful, particularly John at the front desk; for example, he stayed on the phone with us for over 15 minutes providing step by step directions to the Hotel. The staff went out of their way to be helpful with basically everything researching options for us and then getting back to us. We had absolutely no complaints.
Other trip Jun 1, 2013
Cary + Cindy
"First Class Experience in Montreal"
Tremendous boutique Hotel. First class service from the staff, particularly Yannick, and the rooms are large and quiet. I recommend this Hotel highly, and I look forward to visiting again...
3 night trip May 23, 2013
"Best stay I have ever had at a hotel....anywhere!"
The friendliest staff I have ever had the opportunity to meet. They were always there to help, and just overall the nicest people ever. I highly recommend Hotel Gault if staying in Montreal.
Other trip May 9, 2013
"Hidden Getaway Gem in the edge of Old Montreal!"
My husband and I stayed here for our wedding anniversary and had such a romantic time staying at this hotel! The room had very modern décor, comfortable and chic. It's the little touches like bringing us cookies when we first checked in and deliciously strong coffee in the lobby that make all the difference. The hotel staff was extremely warm and hospitable. Especially the valet… he went above and beyond to ensure we were settled in. Even when he brought the car to us to leave, he left 2 bottles of water in the car for our long drive back to Boston. The location is amazing – we were able to walk everywhere and take bixi bikes to explore the city. Can't wait to come back to Montreal to stay here again.
2 night trip May 3, 2013
"Exceptional, quiet, and convenient"
The hotel and staff were very warm and welcoming. The room was clean and very comfortable. The hotel location was excellent, on the edge of Old Montreal and just a 4 short block walk from the Palais de Congres. I will definitely stay here on my next trip to Montreal!!!
4 night business trip Apr 23, 2013
Samantha
"Awesome service"
The staff at Hotel Gault were very friendly and super helpful. Their service made our stay memorable.
Other trip Apr 21, 2013
Poor service-Terrible breakfast-Not a 4 star service for sure
2 night trip Apr 8, 2013
"Excellent choice in Old Town"
In Montreal for a long weekend of exploring the city on foot and eating our way through the simple to the sublime. Hotel Gault made for an excellent base of operations with a clean and modern aesthetic and friendly and attentive staff. We made good use of iDevice speaker dock, a comfortable bed, and well designed storage.
3 night trip with friends Mar 22, 2013
Great hotel. Comfortable. Friendly efficient staff. Great location in Old Montreal. Multitude of super restaurants within 5 mins walk : )
Other trip Mar 15, 2013