All hotels in Alexandria, Virginia, United States of America

"great hotel"
Everything was perfect with our stay. The location of the hotel is great with it being walking distance to the Metro and King's street in Old Town. There is a also a Whole Foods within 1 short block that provides plenty of options for snacks, beer, wine, etc. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. We also enjoyed the breakfast that was included with the room rate. The staff was also great and very helpful with any requests or questions we had.
2 night family trip Aug 15, 2014
"Nice hotel, very convenient to family and activiti"
We enjoyed staying at the hotel and it was nice to have the amenities, although we were only there overnight. The biggest plus for us was the proximity to family.
Other trip Aug 5, 2014
Suzanne
"Wonderful hotel"
We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The room was spacious, clean and fit our needs perfectly. The hotel staff was always helpful, courteous, and kind. The buffet breakfast and evening meals were delicious also. The hotel is in a great location to the Metro. Also, close by is the free trolley that takes you down King Street. We will most definitely stay here again.
Other trip Jul 26, 2014
Sue
"Family reunion gathering"
Everything was great . I just think parking should be free.
2 night family trip Jul 18, 2014
Pierre Gary
"Pretty Good But Not Without Its Problems"
During my 11 day stay I found the hotel staff to be exceptionally cheerful, accommodating, and generally interested in the quality of my stay. The free breakfasts was done well. The location of the hotel is great for easy access to the D.C. Metro and to Alexandria's great downtown area (about 15 minute walk or 5 minute shuttle). The hotel even has a whole foods and various other niceties immediately surrounding it. On the other hand, there were some flaws. First, a window in our room was broken and would not stay closed requiring us to prop a chair against it to seal it. This contributed, I think, to the air conditioning in the room never quite getting down to the level set by the thermostat. The TV in the room had near continuous connection issues making it all but impossible to watch and the universal remote did not allow you to easily switch inputs (for those of you who want to hook up an alternate media source). Internet access was intermittent, slow, and required a webpage splash screen log on which made some internet devices unusable (Roku). Also, the suites dishwasher did not work properly. The fitness room was passable and better than most comparable in-class hotels w/ 4 treadmills, 2 bikes, and 3 ellipticals - as well as free weights up to 55 lbs, 2 benches, and 2 pulley equipped machines (the machines could be used as a makeshift pull up bar). All and all, I enjoyed my time here and would stay again!
11 night business trip Jul 8, 2014
Graham
"great place to stay"
The hotel is one of the best for value. Less expensive than many others in the area (we were in town for a wedding & others stayed at other hotels), we had a bigger room, the great free breakfast, free wifi and the best staff who really take care of you. I would stay here for my next trip into the DC area.
3 night trip Jun 26, 2014
Brett
"weekend visit"
convenient location with parking and breakfast; nearby tourist sights and restaurants.
Other trip Jun 15, 2014
"Travelers from California"
Our second stay at this Hotel. Clean, comfortable room, excellent breakfast each morning, close to Whole Foods, Restaurants, and the Metro. For the most part the Staff was professional and friendly. The young desk guy who checked us in was rude, short sentenced, not helpful, and seemed to resent even the minor inquiries concerning our stay.
Other trip Jun 9, 2014
JO
"could not be better for the money"
I gave this hotel 5 stars. No it is not the 4 seasons. However, for the price I really do not think you can get any better. Huge clean suites, free shuttle service to area attractions, free wifi and a free hot very nice breakfast. Do not hesitate to stay here. This is my fourth time and I see no reason to stay anywhere else when in Old Town.
1 night trip May 31, 2014
Doug
fine place to stay
4 night trip May 15, 2014
"Not satisfied"
Traces of cigarette smoke even in non-smoking rooms and throughout the hotel. Dog hair on my blanket, kitchen was dirty
1 night business trip May 19, 2014
Patti
"No Issues at All"
There is much nicer for the same amount of money within this area!
1 night business trip May 14, 2014
CBA
"Enjoyable stay"
Very nice hotel in excellent condition. The Hotel is convenient to Old Town Alexandria without they normal HIGH prices. Very large breakfast buffet. (most of the food was under-cooked) There is a private parking garage for $18/night in a VERY secure garage.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Ray S
"Very Nice-Very good location"
This Residence Inn is in a very convenient location to Alexandria. Very nice hotel with friendly staff. The breakfast buffet was large but most items were under-cooked. (runny eggs) However, overall a great stay in a very clean hotel. They offer parking for $18.00 that is extremely secure.
1 night romance trip May 3, 2014
Ray S.
"Wonderful service, & such a convenient location!"
Stayed at Residence Inn Alexandria/Old Town during the Nike women's half marathon last year, and had such a great stay that as soon as I found out that i was running the race again this year, I immediately booked the Residence Inn again! Everyone is so incredibly friendly and the room is very nice and clean. The in-room kitchen is so helpful, as I was able to cook a pre-race pasta dinner the night before, as well as breakfast the morning of (since I have to leave the room before 5am). When I did have time to enjoy the free hotel breakfast the next day, I was so pleasantly surprised - so many wonderful options! Not just your typical cold free hotel breakfast. Finally, the location. I cannot rave enough about how much I love Old Town, and this hotel is just blocks away from the adorable King Street shops and restaurants. It is also a block away from Whole Foods, if you need to purchase anything for your stay. For the day following the half marathon when my legs were tired and not up for lots of walking around, we were also able to use the FREE hotel shuttle to get wherever we wanted in the area! So great! I would recommend this hotel to ANYONE staying in the Old Town Alexandria area. I'm hoping to do the half marathon again next year, and will be staying here again, without question! Thank you so much for such a wonderful stay!
3 night trip Apr 25, 2014
Natalie
Had a great time.
1 night trip Apr 12, 2014
"Nice place to stay"
Do not expect a decent breakfast. Even though they go the extra mile and provide silverware and real dishes they put the same things on your plate as they do in every other less expensive hotel - processed eggs, cardboard waffels etc. - the "Full Breakfast" on the booking is clearly false advertisement. So, if you do not expect a full breakfast as you may know it from other Marriott hotels you will certainly enjoy the stay. The location is great, it is a very quiet hotel and allows for a good night sleep, it is clean and the parking garage is a good place for the car if you do not need it for the duration of your stay (it is US$ 18.00 per night though). It it is a closed garage with self parking.
Other trip Apr 14, 2014
Rama
Location was perfect. Close to Metro and Old Town. Magnificent breakfast. Great service. Would stay there again.
4 night business trip Apr 3, 2014
Kst
"Close to everything"
Everyone was extremely nice. The location was perfect for everything. Walking 2 blocks in either directions to get to the metro or King St. Loved it. Only bad thing was our TV- the sound and picture would constantly go in and out.
3 night trip Apr 3, 2014
"Great hotel close to many destinations"
We recently visited DC for the first time. . We had the 2 bedroom suite. This worked great for our family of 5. The room was very spacious for our needs and the extra room with the sitting area was great when family from DC was visiting. The room was very clean but you could tell that some of the furniture was ready to be replaced. King Street and King Street Metro stop were right there for all our dining and transportation needs. It was also nice to have the hotel shuttle to pick you up on King St after dinner or shopping. The Metro was very easy to use and took us every where we wanted to go. The morning breakfast was a great way to start our day. The food is typical hotel breakfast food but it served it's purpose. We would stay here again on our next visit.
Other trip Mar 31, 2014
Carla
"Convenience and acceptable services"
The room was appropriate for our family, though a bit seedy. The breakfast and lite supper were outstanding and added to the enjoyment of our stay.
6 night family trip Mar 14, 2014
"Nice hotel, close to the main part of town"
I arrived late, the hotel staff was very welcoming. The room was large, fully equipped with kitchen etc. It was very clean. I was easily able to walk to the main part of town, and felt very safe. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone on business travel.
Other trip Mar 16, 2014
"Awesome place to stay for a couples getaway."
Had a great time. The staff was phenominal right down to the gentleman who drove the shuttle bus. They went above and beyond in the great service they provided. They recommended places to go and even made reservations for us at Chart House, which was excellent dining and we had the best seats in the restaraunt not mention royal treatment. Just overall a great facility, great staff, and we had an excellent stay.
1 night trip Mar 1, 2014
Fritz
"Cute and clean Hotel"
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. Although the drive into the city was longer than I anticipated, the area surrounding the hotel is charming and I enjoyed walking around in my spare time. The staff was friendly and the rooms were cute and clean. I loved the full kitchens and wish I had used them more during my 3 night stay. I highly recommend this hotel.
3 night trip Feb 20, 2014
Monica
"Overall good experience"
Parking was a bit expensive, but all in all the Hotel was a great place.
3 night business trip Feb 20, 2014
Walking distance from Old Town and King Street Metro. Whole Foods a block away.... Friendly staff....
Other trip Feb 25, 2014
"close and convienent"
Great experience with hotel and proximity to the Metro station
Other trip Feb 24, 2014
"Convenient to Old Town Alexandria and Metro stop"
Great location in the middle of Alexandria. Parking available under hotel. Short walk to Metro station. Clean comfortable room. Good service. Variety of hot and cold breakfast foods offered. Would definitely stay here again.
5 night trip Jan 29, 2014
"Close to metro station and King St"
Room was clean and comfortable, the hotel is close to the metro and King St. breakfast was just OK
8 night business trip Jan 19, 2014
Clean room and very spacious. Happy to have the kitchen area. Within walking distance to the Metro. Overall great experience and would highly recommend it!
Other trip Jan 8, 2014
"Awesome hotel, great location"
This is an ideal location to see the sights in DC. Room was comfortable and reasonably priced.
2 night trip Dec 30, 2013
Jonathan Berr
"One problem"
Great stay with the exception of not being warned in advance of an additional daily parking fee.
Other trip Jan 3, 2014
dinah
"Family Visit"
Outstanding. Parking is difficult unless u are a guest at the hotel. Otherwise, a great stay at a very good price.
6 night trip Dec 23, 2013
JW
"Great hotel - great value"
This hotel is fantastic. Our home's furnace broke during a period of very low temperatures, so we needed a place to take our young son to stay warm and host visiting family. The suites in this hotel are very generously sized and incredibly functional. The staff was all incredibly friendly and the morning breakfast was excellent. I highly recommend this hotel, especially for families needing extra space.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2013
"Nice hotel close to metro @Kingstreet Station."
My stay was for five days at a very reasonable package price. The hotel was very clean, quite, and had all the comforts of a small suite. It had a large flat screen TV with a great network of stations. The kitchen had a frig/freezer with ice maker, stove,dish washer, and micro. The bed was very comfortable and has a pull out couch too. The hotel served a free buffet breakfast which was good including great coffee and fruit. They also had A free morning paper and a free Limo service for short runs of 1 mile......I would recommend this hotel and will return to stay on my next visit to Old Town Alexandria.
Other trip Dec 26, 2013
"Best Hotel in Alexandria"
We have stayed in Alexandria several times at area hotels and by far the Residence Inn is the best! Great value, great location to the metro and King Street, Friendly (always smiling) staff members. For now on, when we stay in Alexandria, the Residence Inn is where we will call home.
6 night romance trip Dec 9, 2013
"More than adequate. Good price."
Fine.
Other trip Dec 9, 2013
"Spacious room close to Old town!"
My parents stayed for a week, everybody in the staff are very friendly and professional! The room was very clean and spacious, it has an equipped kitchen, breakfast table, desk, a living room, a queen size bed, closet, bathroom just perfect for them. The view was great from the 6th floor, you can see the old town buildings. Love it! They enjoyed their stay in the hotel. Thank you!
Other trip Dec 3, 2013
Paloma
"thanksgiving family time"
it was a very pleasant and enjoyable time spent there.
4 night trip Nov 27, 2013
mary
"A big part of a great visit"
Came up from SC for our daughter's wedding in DC. Stayed in Alexandria because of cost and to see a bit of Old Town itself. What a comfortable thing to come home each cold evening to a suite, room to spread out and relax. Easy stroll to the Metro, but hotel shuttle will wisk you over if it's raining. Good spread for breakfast each morning.
Other trip Nov 27, 2013
Dean
"Lack of cleanliness and comfort"
Obvious lack of cleanliness of our room (with mold growth in the sink), extremely old furniture (holes in armchair). The sofa bed was beyond uncomfortable (it gave me back pain). They should definitively buy new furniture, and have a higher standard for cleanliness. The parking was as well too high in my opinion. Otherwise, the complimentary breakfast was very diverse and good.
3 night family trip Nov 21, 2013
"Good Service"
Needs upgrade of the carpet and furniture etc. The place was clean and spacious, but just felt outdated
2 night trip with friends Nov 22, 2013
CT Traveler
"This hotel was perfectly located and so nice"
This hotel is within a two block walking distance to Olde Town where there is abundant shopping and some wonderful restaurants. The room is very, very nice. I especially liked the fully equipped kitchen, the small sitting room with divan, chair and coffee table, the big screen TV and the small dinette eating area. The bed and linens were quite nice and the hotel staff was wonderful. I would prefer this hotel to any other. My experience here was excellent.
Other trip Nov 18, 2013
"Wonderful Place"
Every part of our stay was very nice!
Other trip Nov 7, 2013
Phyllis
"Visiting student at George Washington Univ"
We were visiting The George Washington Univ and didn't want to stay in DC proper. This location is close to the King Street Metro Station and many restaurants. Will stay here again.
2 night trip Oct 19, 2013
NLMAJT
"Close to Metro and many restaurants."
Good location, easy walk to everything on King Street, waterfront is about 20 minutes' walk. The only complaint I had is that the housekeeping staff is a little too eager to make up the room; I wanted a little more breathing room than they gave me. But the room was clean and had all the features I expected, and was priced reasonably. Parking a car costs extra, but that is not unexpected in this area.
Other trip Oct 22, 2013
As far as parking.... it's very inconvenient that not only its no public parking but also to pay to park. I think $18.00 is a ridiculous price for parking a day. And also the limit of guests that can be a room is kind of disturbing as well. Its hard to visit and you have more than 3-5 members in your family that came to visit you.
1 night trip Oct 19, 2013
maya
"Very Pleasant Surprise"
This hotel was a very nice surprise. We stayed there planning to tour Washington DC and thought it might just be a place to end our day but the staff was genuinely friendly (particularly the free breakfast folks - thank you!). It was a short walk to the Metro station, nice walk to the Oldtown section and the hotel was very good about providing a ride to anywhere within a mile or so of the hotel any time we asked (free). I would recommend this place to anyone.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Very quiet, relaxing atmosphere"
Room was very clean, nice amenities (popcorn!). Shower was awesome.
Other trip Oct 15, 2013
"Perfect trip with a family to Dc"
This is a great spot Able to walk to local bars and restaurants. National harbor across the way and getting to downtown is easy by metro. Rooms are great and plenty of room for kids. Would definetly go again
2 night trip Sep 21, 2013